'I wish my mum could die like my beloved dog':

Author Topic: 'I wish my mum could die like my beloved dog':  (Read 4662 times)

Offline iamc2

Re: 'I wish my mum could die like my beloved dog':
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 10:21:09 AM »
 My mom passed in 2006 of natural causes--she was 79.

My dad passed in 2012 of natural causes---he was 89.

Both mom and dad had health problems in their old age; as this is natural.

NO ONE in my clan said :'should we PUT mom and dad to Sleep?'

The woman in the article is very misguided and trying to play GOD!
"When the Truth was murdered:
Common Sense ran away..."

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 11:05:41 AM »
What a shame.  The idea of putting someone down like a dog, is repulsive to me. 

It seems that while her dad was alive and taking care of mom all was well, but as soon as he died it suddenly became a burden.  Then she visits her mother twice a week, wow.  Hope that didn't put her out.  ::)

Stories like this are told to get people used to the idea of euthanasia as a humane way to put humans down.

This disturbing trend is an abomination to me.  The parents took care of their children when they were growing up, and yet when the parent becomes old and sickly they are a burden to the children.

Please visit my website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

Offline iamc2

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 03:27:40 AM »
What a shame.  The idea of putting someone down like a dog, is repulsive to me. 

It seems that while her dad was alive and taking care of mom all was well, but as soon as he died it suddenly became a burden.  Then she visits her mother twice a week, wow.  Hope that didn't put her out.  ::)

Stories like this are told to get people used to the idea of euthanasia as a humane way to put humans down.

This disturbing trend is an abomination to me.  The parents took care of their children when they were growing up, and yet when the parent becomes old and sickly they are a burden to the children.
Very well said donnay!
"When the Truth was murdered:
Common Sense ran away..."

Offline windyacres

• 2+2=4
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 03:37:19 AM »
I always wonder what monetary gains people are
thinking of when they want their dear old Mom and Dad
to up and die. 
Be Prepared

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 10:21:09 AM »
I always wonder what monetary gains people are
thinking of when they want their dear old Mom and Dad
to up and die.

I have seen it!  It is absolutely disgusting!  However, the Powers that be are bankrupting everyone, so the monetary inheritance is dwindling for most families.  Once that is established and they realize they have nothing to give them, euthanasia will be the answer for these greedy and selfish people who don't wanted to be burdened.  >:(
Please visit my website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

Offline Valerius

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 01:26:41 AM »
They are trying to do it in California, too.

I think I have commented before that when the movie Soylent Green came out it wasn't the famous punchline that shocked me, it was the smiling faces of the staff at the suicide hospitals.

I've lived long enough to see it come to be.

You ever notice it seems to often be elderly women society want to shove out onto the iceberg these days?

"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass

Offline Valerius

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 02:52:53 PM »
The "A place for mom" commercials drive me nuts, too, as an aside.
"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass

Offline Valerius

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 09:56:50 PM »
You know... it kind of began with the movie Psycho.

Before that the culture, the movies, expected the children-- especially a son, to look after the mother zealously. It was always the undercurrent that you were going to have trouble if you messed with an Italian or an Irishman's mother.

Fast forward post-Psycho and most mention of this normal, protective instinct gets this kind of comparison or by snide implication.