Ron’s Endorsement of Rand: Will Liberty Lovers Follow Suit?

Author Topic: Ron’s Endorsement of Rand: Will Liberty Lovers Follow Suit?  (Read 1419 times)

Offline ZakCarter

Ron’s Endorsement of Rand: Will Liberty Lovers Follow Suit?
« on: August 19, 2015, 12:16:17 PM »
Great article from truthinmedia.com!

"When I asked Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) last year about his views on police demilitarization, reforming drug sentencing, and restoring voting rights to non-violent felons, I posed this question:

“Is your brand of republicanism the new civil rights movement?”

Paul replied, “You know, I think you can look at it that way.”

It was around that time when Paul emerged as a new star of the Republican Party. He was featured on the Time Magazine cover as the “Most Interesting Man in American Politics.”

A unique politician, Paul regularly reaches out to minorities and talks about issues that are taboo in most Republican circles. Paul is “a civil liberties-loving peacenik with millennial appeal,” claimed Politico.

In his race for the Republican nomination, Paul has assigned himself the daunting task of transforming the GOP from a party of “stale and moss-covered” war hawks to a party that is more inclusive and embraces new ideas.

This task has created a difficult political dilemma. How can Paul win more traditional Republicans voters without alienating his libertarian base?"

Read the entire article @ http://truthinmedia.com/ron-paul-endorsement-of-rand-paul-will-liberty-lovers-follow-suit/