Iran Gets Bomb in 'Phased' Obama Nuke Deal

Author Topic: Iran Gets Bomb in 'Phased' Obama Nuke Deal  (Read 12996 times)

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
Re: Iran Gets Bomb in 'Phased' Obama Nuke Deal
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2015, 01:19:25 PM »
The problem is not Iran, its Israel that won't allow inspectors and has the illegal covert nuke program.

I don't blame the Israelis for wanting a nuclear umbrella, and I think its too late to try and pull nukes out of the middle east. Rumour has it that Saudi Arabia has bought off the shelf turn key nukes to defend itself . . its not Iran that I am worried about.

on the plus side , since the Israelis got the "Sampson option" in the 1970's they have yet to use a nuke (40+ years) even after being scudded by Saddam ... still haven't signed the NPT

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/january/18/newsid_4588000/4588486.stm
1991: Iraqi Scud missiles hit Israel
 Iraq has attacked two Israeli cities with Scud missiles, prompting fears that Israel may be drawn into the Gulf War.

Israel's largest city, Tel Aviv, and Haifa, its main seaport, were hit in the attacks, which began at 0300 local time (0100 GMT), when most residents were asleep
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

EvadingGrid

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2015, 01:21:48 PM »
on the plus side , since the Israelis got the "Sampson option" in the 1970's they have yet to use a nuke (40+ years) even after being scudded by Saddam ... still haven't signed the NPT

I hear you.

Trouble is I think we missed the window of opportunity to persuade the Israeli's to abandon the Nukes... Which, given the right kind of deal, they would have complied. You mention the SCUD's and I think that was probably the point in time when that window of opportunity, that door of hope slammed shut for good.

Just my opinion of course.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2015, 05:20:20 PM »
-SC:  Reality: Iran has not launched an aggressive war in  modern history (unlike the U.S. or ...

Iraq however did begin a war with Iran, BACKED by the USA.        Think about it.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a human level ask yourself whats the right thing.........
  OK, I'm against nukes 100% anywhere on this earth, just my opinion... 

My Point, everyone rags on about Iran backing terrorists, I GET IT, question why they have gone to this extreme.. They know they are on the list, they know Israel, the Saudi's to name only 2 are salivating to get their hands on Iran..
  For Gods sake, these people know if they step  of line they will be wiped of the face of the earth, annihilated, dust, OVER...WHO really backs the terrorists, I know a faction of Iranians committed attacks, I GET IT....WHY,, why on earth would they, why would a nation that has never began a war or invaded another nation do this...All this could be stoped if those who have abused this nation owned up to it and came clean....You all know 7 nations are on the table DOD/ neocons want Iran its on their list, lets face it -Iran knows this as well...........
  A faction of lunartics have created a loon fringe that can be only stoped by Western leaders admitting, taking responsibility for clustermucks they have initiated.
  I  remain with hope people don't fall for the hype all Iranians are fanatical warmongering fanatical morons out to take on the USA in a war. 
  The bottom line, intell services from their surrounding nations as well as the allies would know in the minute  if Iran began constructing nuclear weapons,please don't underestimate the intelligence services, they know a hell of lot more than the commoner and  have eyes on . Iran wants to left alone and allways has been until provoked, its a shame they wern't.
 One factor does exist that could be a true Sh**tshow, if a FF was committed and Iran was blamed, all hell would break out.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2015, 08:24:48 PM »
Post check.

EvadingGrid

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2015, 07:20:38 AM »
Post check.

I was just reading your thoughts Chris.

Its refreshing, because it does not contain neo-con influenced propaganda. Too many people round here view Iran as some kind of enemy, when it is the original victim state of the New World Order Foreign Policy.

Terror Storm - Alex Jones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B_3Ynmah0Q4#t=129

Operation Ajax

In 1953, the Central Intelligence Agency working in tandem with MI6 overthrew the democratically elected leader of Iran, Dr. Mohammad Mossadeq. Mossadeq had been educated in the West, was pro-America, and had driven Communist forces out of the North of his Country shortly after being elected in 1951. Mossadeq then nationalized the oil fields, and denied British Petroleum a monopoly.

The CIA's own history department at CIA.GOV details how U.S. and British intelligence agents carried out terror attacks, and subsequently blamed them on Mossadeq.

In the late 1990's, large sections of operation AJAX were declassified. The field commander of operation AJAX was none other than the grandson of President Theodore Roosevelt, Kermit Roosevelt. Before his death in 2000, Roosevelt went public to the media, bragging about his patriotism in carrying out terror attacks in Iran and blaming it on the Government.

The provocations included propaganda, demonstrations, bribery, agents of influence and false flag operations. They bombed the home of a prominent religious leader, and blamed it on Mossadeq. They attacked mosques, machine gunned crowds, and then handed out thousands of handbills claiming Mossadeq had done it. The handbills read ”Up With Mossadeq, Up With Communism, Down With Allah.” Dr. Mohammad Mossadeq was incarcerated for the duration of his life, and fared better than many of his Ministers, who were executed just days after the successful coup for crimes that the MI6 and CIA had committed. The CIA then formed the dreaded Iranian secret Police, ”SAVAK,” and a 25 year rein of terror and torture then commenced.

The operation was seen by Western intelligence agencies as a huge success. The CIA then successfully used the exact same technique in scores of countries to overthrow elected governments and dictators alike.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2015, 11:42:39 PM »
http://www.vetsagainstdeal.com/
Veterans Against the Deal
The Iranian regime murdered and maimed thousands of Americans. The Iran deal gives the Ayatollahs billions of dollars for more terror and violence. Congress must reject this  dangerous deal.
WATCH THE VIDEO
contact@vetsagainstdeal.com
  Hi T. I was a VVAW even while in the boots, most folks have admitted Nam was a war for profit, most have also admitted Iraq was a mistake.  The USA is knee deep in dung and continuing to drown in it.
 It takes class, honor and courage to admit wrongs, lets think about Iran.. Did they truly step in the boots and kill thousands of GI's or was it but a % of nutbag finatics who instigated this and continue to draw in the ignorent. It is not all of Iran, NO, they have neighbors being genocided, they have been mucked with throughout my life time, they are on the DOD's list to go down..
  OK, end the nukes in Iran...Investigate the arsenal in Israel YES( hmmmmm ) these people are afraid and using this to recruit those who all they see is the USA, western powers blowing the shi***t out of other nations and instigating coops. domination. How would we react in their place.
 I'm not sticking up for the nutters on high in Iran, not finatical Muslims with the BS talk they will conquer the west or Israel will dust and all that HS.
 Can we trust them? Can we trust the elites and their buddys... No. No. NO..I have gut feeling if we seek redemtion or at the very list an admission we were ignorent to the cladestine coops, and infilitrations and abuse they would shcoked back into a position we are not our to get them..
  Take their Nuke capacity if offensive, controll totaly their programs with inspectors immedietly & fully, and remember of course intell -seeing eyes, which we have in the numbers, in Iraq and its neighbors they know all of it, the Paky Intell are not morons, for one example.
  Veterans who witness attacks and are anit- Iran, I get it, but tell me why does a nation who in modern times never invaded another nation resort to this tactic.  Maby because they have witnessed the deeds during the past decades, every imaginable sucumbg op ya can think of.
  Consider, Israel  destroyed the USS Liberty, they would not admit to Nuke development even under JFK, they have slaughtered Palestinans in the many thousands, have impriosoned or walled them in along with sanction and living conditions not fit for cockroaches & stelemts are forcefull taking Palestinan land... Beruit , the attack on our military base was known by MOSSAD before it took place, yet the intell wasn't given to us.
  Am I defening radicals, nope I am not, nor nukes, but lets lets open the can of worms as to why a  nation did a 180 Deg and turned. I'm asking whats the core of the problem historically,who were the  the true instigators.
   OK. a limit on their nuclear deveolopment, eyes on 100% and a admission we don't want their nation on the list o 7.  Just don't tread on us for the sins of the big dogs and their masters, the peole of this nation for the most part were ingnorent to the clandestine manipulative skulldugery.
   Does Iran truly want Iraq, think about, or they want to be left alone, because they have not been for decades.   They didn't in vade Iraq. Sadam the USA's dupe did with  USA backing.
 Just ponder on it please. The MSM displays the finatical % at every opportunity , not the real people of Iran, they are human beings. The right to life applies to the living as well.
  T, in the end we all want the same thing, PEACE.. If they have become suicidal maniacs, which I don't believe, that all Iranians want the USA destroyed, I don't buy it. We may never see eye to eye with these Mulllas, and righfully so, be we can with the people, the families who obviously detest the finatics, but in fear of being castrated for a opposing veiw, Much like here USA to a degree.
  Vets, against Iran have short memorys and have been blinded to the fact only a marginal percent of these people are involved in acts of terroism,.
 We can learn from Smedly Butler and his act  of truths and redmeption, that took honor.
Ya know its bottom line stuff, we will stop mucking with you, keep constant survellance on you N. facilities, hope to have a civil understanding, just don't muck with us.
 Take them of the elites, they know they are on it. No nukes, I get it, tell Israel to leave them allone, not more FF's , no more finatical attacks,   Negotiate bottom line, and end this shi**show.
  Is this possable, or have we been destroying far to many ME nations. You tell me?
What the heck is wrong with getting down to the basics and the reason this all began. Maby I'm out in left field, but many issues it seems have been ignored historically that have caused  this Lunacy. 

Offline Slackjaw

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2015, 04:09:34 PM »
http://www.unitedagainstnucleariran.com/terrorism
Overview of State-Sponsored Terrorism by Iran:

The Iranians do back groups which are designated as terrorist by western governments, but they are rank amateurs compared to the US/Israeli/Saudi alliance which was responsible for 9/11 and the subsequent terror wars on Iraq and Afghanistan. That alliance - US/Israeli/Saudi, or in the case of the US a vociferous minority, are the very state actors which are trying to block the Iran deal; those states, which have by orders of magnitude sponsored more terror than Iran, cannot be permitted to keep the Iranian population in poverty under sanctions.

EvadingGrid

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2015, 04:16:29 PM »
I think the key difference is Iran sponsors people it regards as noble freedom fighters, the west sponsors all sorts of undesirables across the spectrum from Mao to Hitler. Right now the west is managing to arm and train ISIS and at the same time create hysteria to bomb ISIS into the stone age.

Offline Slackjaw

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2015, 04:28:02 PM »
          The other side of the coin T.  There were lot of Good Americans in Vietnam, Iraq etc. too.
Glass houses and stones... I am trying to say policy is not created by the commoners, these kids volunteering for suicide attacks, God have mercy on em.. They have been dipped, brainwashed in the belief they will be matyrs, glory, etc..  Gov/Religion/ is there a division in Iran..
                   Qaddafi was given the label a madman, dictator, lunatic, etc..YET Christians who lived in Libya referred to his regime as the Golden age of Christianity.
 Ya just have to wonder why they don't like the Ole USA, is it simply religion or have the USA sh***t all over them and genocided their neighbors..   It is a tad ovious they hate western influence.
  The only solution that will set them back on their arses is the USA admits their wrongdoing & incarcerate the perpetrators (insiders), but it won't happen will it?
   I get the point, please understand mine, our past regimes and their actions contributed to their hatred, have we been fair with the Middle East, the good guys, sainted,UMMMMMM I have to wonder if our leaders didn't shovel sh**T all over this area and suck their blood perhaps we wouldn't be the greatest of buddy's but remain nuetral.   Israel, Suadis, elites,corps, etc may have been a tad unfair with these folks.  Just to remember Iraq with US assistance invaded Iran..
 The palestinians are an example as to how human beings can be devistated physically, mentally and spiritually. That is unless they enjoy living dominated, slaughter, blown up, lands stolen, and degrigated beyond what any human being could endure. Just mentioning..
 PS: I don't agree wih Ian having nuke capacity in the manner this deal was initiated.

I agree with you about the dishonest propaganda which demonises states like Libya (under Gadaffi), Syria and Iran. It is this propaganda which enables them to prosecute the horrific wars against Libya, which is now a failed state and haven for terrorists, and Syria which is now being taken over by terrorists.

Many of these people arguing against the Iran deal are the very same who argued for the invasion of Iraq, war with Syria and support for the opposition in Syria. They now want war with Iran and voting down this deal is the best first step in that direction.

On the Iranian nuclear program, under the NPT every nation signatory has the legal right to pursue a peaceful nuclear program, and indeed other nuclear powers are required to assist states who wish to go this route.

Offline Slackjaw

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2015, 04:51:42 PM »
I think the key difference is Iran sponsors people it regards as noble freedom fighters, the west sponsors all sorts of undesirables across the spectrum from Mao to Hitler. Right now the west is managing to arm and train ISIS and at the same time create hysteria to bomb ISIS into the stone age.

True, for example, Hezbollah is mostly a political organisation which has a paramilitary element; Hezbollah does not target civilians and are currently engaged against Isis in Syria and Iraq. It's disingenuous and hypocritical in the extreme for the US to accuse Iran of state sponsored terrorism, given their form and current activities in this area.

The Isis propaganda is setting us up for a full regional war with US/UK troops on the ground in large numbers; unfortunately it will take several staged Isis attacks in Europe and the US to justify this.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2015, 08:28:25 PM »

https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/middle-east-and-north-africa/iran/
https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/middle-east-and-north-africa/iran/report-iran/

Amnesty International Report 2014/15
Islamic Republic of Iran
Head of state: Ayatollah Sayed 'Ali Khamenei (Leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran)
Head of government: Hassan Rouhani (President)

The authorities restricted freedoms of expression, association and assembly, arresting, detaining and prosecuting in unfair trials minority and women’s rights activists, journalists, human rights defenders and others who voiced dissent. Torture and other ill-treatment remained prevalent and were committed with impunity. Women and ethnic and religious minorities faced pervasive discrimination in law and practice. Flogging and amputation sentences were reportedly carried out, some in public. Executions continued at a high rate; juvenile offenders were among those executed. Judges continued to impose sentences of execution by stoning, although none were reported to have been carried out

Background

The June 2013 election of Hassan Rouhani as President raised hopes that his administration would introduce much needed human rights reforms, but little had been achieved by the end of 2014. Attempts by the administration to relax official controls on academic freedom, for example, prompted a backlash from conservatives within parliament.

Negotiations continued between Iran and the USA and other states amid persistent tensions over Iran’s nuclear development programme and the impact on Iran of international financial and other sanctions. In November 2013, an interim agreement had brought Iran some relief from these sanctions in return for concessions on nuclear enrichment.

A Charter of Citizens’ Rights proposed by the presidency and opened for consultation in 2013 remained in draft form throughout 2014. It failed to afford adequate protection of human rights, in particular the rights to life, non-discrimination, and protection from torture.

The UN Human Rights Council renewed the mandate of the UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Iran in March but the Iranian authorities continued to block visits to Iran by him or other UN Human Rights Council experts.

In October, the UN Human Rights Council considered Iran’s human rights record under the UN Universal Periodic Review (UPR) process. The Council noted Iran’s dire human rights situation and the authorities’ failure to implement the recommendations they had accepted following the 2010 UPR. Iran withheld its position on all the recommendations made until the next session of the UN Human Rights Council in March 2015

Torture and other ill-treatment

Torture and other ill-treatment, particularly during pre-trial detention, remained common, facilitated by routine denial of access to lawyers and the virtual impunity of perpetrators. Methods reported included prolonged solitary confinement, confinement in uncomfortably small spaces, severe beatings, and threats against detainees’ family members. The authorities generally failed to investigate allegations of torture and prosecute and punish those responsible.

The authorities systematically denied detainees and prisoners access to adequate medical care, including for injuries resulting from torture or health problems exacerbated by harsh prison conditions.

A revised Code of Criminal Procedure passed in April failed to address the inadequacy of national laws to afford detainees effective protection against torture and other ill-treatment. It denied detainees access to lawyers for up to one week after arrest in cases concerning national security and some other offences, and provided no clear and comprehensive definition of torture conforming to international law.

State security and intelligence agencies operated their own detention facilities outside the control of the State Prison Organization, in breach of national law. Torture and other ill-treatment was common in these facilities. In some cases, the authorities subjected death row prisoners to enforced disappearance by moving them to such facilities prior to execution.

Sentences of flogging and amputations continued to be imposed for a wide range of offences, including alcohol consumption, eating in public during Ramadan, and theft. These sentences were increasingly implemented in public.

In April, security officials assaulted prisoners held in Section 350 of Tehran’s Evin Prison during a search of their cells, beating and injuring many of them. The authorities reportedly failed to investigate the incident or prosecute and punish the perpetrators.3 In August, authorities reportedly used excessive force against inmates of Ghezel Hesar Prison in the city of Karaj who protested against the transfer of 14 death row prisoners to solitary confinement prior to execution.

Discrimination – ethnic and religious minorities

President Rouhani’s appointment of a special adviser on ethnic and religious minorities did not result in a reduction in the pervasive discrimination against Iran’s ethnic minority communities, including Ahwazi Arabs, Azerbaijanis, Baluchis, Kurds and Turkmen, or against religious minorities, including Ahl-e Haq, Baha’is, Christian converts, Sufis and Sunni Muslims.

Discrimination against ethnic minorities affected their access to basic services such as housing, water and sanitation, employment and education. Ethnic minorities were not permitted to use their minority language as a medium of instruction in education and were denied adequate opportunities to learn it.

Members of ethnic minority groups also faced a high risk of prosecution on vague charges such as “enmity against God” and “corruption on earth”, which could carry the death penalty

Women’s rights

Women remained subject to widespread and systematic discrimination in law and practice. Personal status laws giving women subordinate status to men in matters such as marriage, divorce, child custody and inheritance remained in force.
Women also faced restrictions on employment. Official statistics from September showed that the number of women in employment had fallen by 100,000 annually over the previous eight years...

Right to privacy

All sexual conduct between unmarried individuals remained criminalized.

Right to education

The authorities continued to restrict the right to education, maintaining the exclusion of hundreds of students from Iran’s universities because of their peaceful exercise of the right to freedom of expression or other human rights, and systematically denying Baha’is access to higher education

Death penalty

Iran retained the death penalty for a wide range of offences, including vaguely defined crimes such as “enmity against God”, and 2014 saw the authorities maintain a high rate of execution. Some executions were carried out in public.

Under the revised Islamic Penal Code, courts continued to impose death sentences for offences that did not meet the threshold of “most serious crimes” under international law, and others such as “insulting the Prophet of Islam”, that should not be considered crimes.
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline Slackjaw

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2015, 04:09:20 PM »

https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/middle-east-and-north-africa/iran/
https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/middle-east-and-north-africa/iran/report-iran/

That's a lot of open goals. Let's just take a couple of examples. The US currently has a presidential candidate (Bush) who is openly in favour of torture. It is an official tool of state for the US, Saudi Arabia and Israel.

The ignominious US record on the death penalty is one which is well known, as is the Saudi.

If you go to Iran you will find hospitals full of female doctors; in our 'ally' Saudi Arabia they are not even allowed to drive a car.

These comparisons are important because it is only the US, Saudi and Israel which are lobbying against the Iran deal, often disingenuously on the grounds you are putting forward. None of those states have any moral high ground whatsoever in comparison to Iran, as I have repeatedly pointed out.

Lets also consider the effectiveness or otherwise of the US voting down the Iran deal. The Deal has already been passed by the UN security council; it is effectively already international law. Accordingly, we have seen the following events take place. The UK has re-opened its embassy in Tehran and Iran has opened its embassy in London with full diplomatic relations re-established. Most EU countries have sent trade delegations as well as those from India, China and many others worldwide, all making commitments amounting to hundreds of billions of dollars. The Iranians have also committed to purchase hundreds of aircraft from Boeing and Airbus among a great many other spending commitments.

The point is this: sanctions are done. Deals are already being made. If the US votes down the Iran deal, it does not sink the deal itself and will make no difference to most other countries; the US will merely marginalise themselves and become irrelevant, as well as gifting billions in contracts to the corporations of other countries.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2015, 05:45:25 PM »
http://reaganiterepublicanresistance.blogspot.com/2015/07/hump-day-humor_15.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/iran-nuclear-deal-agreement-could-increase-risk-of-terrorism-in-uk-says-saudi-official-10391710.html
Iran nuclear deal: Agreement 'could increase risk of terrorism in UK', says Saudi official

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/iranian-embassy-re-open-london-35-years-after-terrorist-siege-1516678
Iranian embassy to re-open in London 35 years after terrorist siege
By  Mark Banham
August 23, 2015 12:14 BST

Iran's embassy to the UK in London, and the UK's embassy in Tehran, are both set to officially re-open today. The embassies are re-opening four years after a mob attacked the UK's embassy in Tehran, and 35 years after the famous siege of the Iranian Embassy in London.

The opening on the UK's embassy in Iran has already provoked outrage, after it was revealed that the building will on Bobby Sands Street. The street had been dedicated to former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill but was renamed after the famous IRA member and H Block hunger striker.

Diplomatic relations between the UK and Iran collapsed in 2011, when the UK embassy in Tehran and a separate diplomatic compound, were invaded by protestors linked to an Iranian government paramilitary group. The UK embassy was evacuated and closed down, and the staff of the Iranian embassy in London were expelled in protest.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/iran/terrorism
Foreign travel advice
Iran

Terrorism

There is a general threat from terrorism. Attacks could be indiscriminate, including in places frequented by foreigners. Several bombings have taken place in the south-eastern province of Sistan-Baluchistan. Be vigilant and keep your security arrangements under review.

There is a threat of kidnap to foreign tourists in the border areas. The long-standing policy of the British government is not to make substantive concessions to hostage takers. The British government considers that paying ransoms and releasing prisoners increases the risk of further hostage taking.

There is considered to be a heightened threat of terrorist attack globally against UK interests and British nationals, from groups or individuals motivated by the conflict in Iraq and Syria. You should be vigilant at this time.
| - - - -

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/flowers-tributes-tunisia-attack-victims-6108314
Flowers tributes to Tunisia attack victims stolen by Iranian asylum seeker who wanted to 'brighten up his room'
 21 July 2015
By John Shammas

An asylum seeker from Iran stole floral tributes to two victims of the Tunisia terrorist attack, telling police officers he wanted to "brighten up his room".

Shayan Moradisohi, who is homeless, took the flowers from under a police cordon outside Fulham Coroner's Court in the wake of the attacks.

Moradisohi, 31, pleaded guilty to one count of theft.

The flowers were addressed to John, 74, and Janet Stocker, 63. The couple died during the beach attack in Sousse.

Moradisohi was caught when a police officer saw him leave with the flowers

http://www.thecommentator.com/article/5783/iran_s_win_win_policy_on_asylum_seekers_to_the_west
Iran's win-win policy on asylum seekers to the West
Potkin Azarmehr
On 22 April 2015 07:52

Most Iranian asylum seekers to Western countries are bogus. But the Iranian regime refuses to take them back. Not for the first time, they know exactly what they are doing in their win-win policy

It is an issue that remains an obstacle in renewing full diplomatic relations between Iran and the UK and the full re-opening of the embassies.

There are around 5,000 Iranians in the UK whose asylum application has failed but Theresa May is unable to send them back home. To make the deportations legal, Iran must acknowledge that the failed asylum seekers are Iranian nationals, yet the Islamic Republic's consulate in London claims they cannot be certain where these asylum seekers came from.
The fact is that the vast majority of asylum seekers from Iran, applying for asylum in Europe and Australia, are not political and their lives or livelihoods are in no danger at all. More than 99 percent of the Iranian asylum seekers are either economic migrants or they find the cultural repressive atmosphere in Iran intolerable.
Most of these bogus asylum seekers who initially claim their lives are in danger and they face execution or prison if they are returned to Iran, actually travel back and forward to Iran frequently, after their asylum application is approved and they become residents in the host countries.

This farcical situation is not one that Iranian opposition activists approve of either, for it clogs up the process for the genuine Iranian dissidents fleeing real danger and persecution from the Islamic Republic.

Potkin Azarmehr left Iran for the UK after the “Cultural Revolution”. He is currently a contributor to several newspapers and Television stations on Iran related news and also writes and produces a number of TV programs

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2016, 08:46:54 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3402537/Iran-says-four-dual-nationals-freed-prisoner-exchange.html
Obama under fire for historic prisoner swap with Iran which sees seven spies and hackers returned to Tehran in exchange for a U.S. journalist and three other Americans, as Kerry lifts economic sanctions
Nuclear-related sanctions against Iran have been lifted, officials announce
John Kerry said Iran has met its obligations to the UN atomic watchdog
Kerry praised historic deal which he said makes 'the entire world' safer
Four Americans have been released by Iran as part of a prisoner exchange
Washington Post journalist Jason Rezaian is among them, U.S. confirms
Former U.S. Marine, a pastor and a fourth man also believed to be free
Swap said to be for seven Iranian prisoners, who have not been named
As many as 14 Iranians were taken off an Interpol wanted list as part of deal
Fifth American man - a student - was also freed but not as part of the swap

By Chris Pleasance and Regina F. Graham and Ollie Gillman For Dailymail.com

Published: 09:45 EST, 16 January 2016  | Updated: 19:56 EST, 16 January 2016

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3402537/Iran-says-four-dual-nationals-freed-prisoner-exchange.html#ixzz3xShvdeXp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/17/world/middleeast/iran-sanctions-lifted-nuclear-deal.html

VIENNA — Just hours after Tehran and Washington swapped long-held prisoners, the United States and European nations lifted oil and financial sanctions on Iran and released roughly $100 billion of its assets, after international inspectors concluded the country had followed through on its promises to dismantle large sections of its nuclear program.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2016, 05:23:41 PM »
How am I not surprised?

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/iran-u-s-encouraging-islamic-republic-keep-illicit-missile-tests-secret/
Iran: U.S. Encouraging Islamic Republic to Keep Illicit Missile Tests Secret

State Department declines to respond

BY:  Adam Kredo   
May 16, 2016 1:06 pm

A senior Iranian military commander claimed that U.S. officials are quietly encouraging the Islamic Republic to keep its illicit ballistic missile tests a secret so as not to raise concerns in the region, according to Persian language comments.

Amir Ali Hajizadeh, commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps’ Aerospace and Missile Force, said in recent remarks that the Obama administration does not want Iran to publicize its ongoing missile tests, which have raised questions about the Islamic Republic’s commitment to last summer’s comprehensive nuclear agreement.

“At this time, the Americans are telling [us]: ‘Don’t talk about missile affairs, and if you conduct a test or maneuver, don’t mention it,’” Hajizadeh was quoted as saying during a recent Persian-language speech that was translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2016, 12:49:24 PM »
http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-sent-cash-to-iran-as-americans-were-freed-1470181874
U.S. Sent 400 MILLION in Cash to Iran as Americans Were Freed

Obama administration insists there was no quid pro quo, but critics charge payment amounted to ransom
By Jay Solomon and Carol E. Lee
Aug. 2, 2016 7:51 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON—The Obama administration secretly organized an airlift of $400 million worth of cash to Iran that coincided with the January release of four Americans detained in Tehran, according to U.S. and European officials and congressional staff briefed on the operation afterward ...

https://twitter.com/search?q=obama+iran+cash&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Esearch
$400 million sent to Iran as U.S. prisoners released, raising questions

The Obama administration secretly organized an airlift of $400 million worth of cash to Iran
that coincided with the January release of four Americans detained in Tehran,…

Natasha Fatah ‏@NatashaFatah  · 4m4 minutes ago 

US Gov't sent $400M to Iran as American detainees freed. Congress was not consulted, Obama denies paying ransom

| - - - -

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/08/03/stunning-report-obama-administration-made-secret-400m-cash-payment-to-iran-as-detained-americans-were-released/

State Department spokesman John Kirby told the Journal that “the negotiations over the settlement of an outstanding claim … were completely separate from the discussions about returning our American citizens home.”

“Not only were the two negotiations separate, they were conducted by different teams on each side, including, in the case of The Hague claims, by technical experts involved in these negotiations for many years,” Kirby added.

The four prisoners — Washington Post reporter Jason Rezaian, former marine Amir Hekmati, Christian pastor Saeed Abedini and Nosratollah Khosravi-Roodsari — were released Jan. 17.

| - - - -

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/08/02/report-obama-admin-airlifted-400000000-iran-americans-freed/
REPORT: Obama Admin Airlifted $400,000,000 to Iran as Americans Freed
by Warner Todd Huston2 Aug 2016

Seemingly violating the claim that America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists and hostage takers, reports have revealed that the Obama administration organized an airlift to transport $400 million in cash to Tehran which coincided with the January release of four Americans taken prisoner by Iran.

Reports say wooden pallets stacked with a variety of currencies were loaded onto an unmarked cargo plane and flown to Iran. American officials procured the money from banks in Switzerland and the Netherlands, according to the The Wall Street Journal report.

The money was purportedly only the first installment of a $1.7 billion deal the Obama administration reached with Iran over an arms deal brokered with the Shah of Iran just before the Mullah’s took over in 1979.

But the payments also came just as Iran was releasing Washington Post reporter Jason Rezaian, former U.S. Marine Amir Hekmati, Christian pastor Saeed Abedini, and Nosratollah Khosravi-Roodsari in January of this year.

Iranian news sources reported at the time that the prisoners were released in a “prisoner swap” brokered by the Obama administration.

The administration returned seven Iranian prisoners in exchange for the release of the Americans. Obama also dropped extradition proceedings against another 14 Iranians as part of the deal.

Not only did the administration return seven Iranians but it was said the Obama also agreed to drop U.S. sanctions against Iran as the nuclear deal was being crafted. It was felt that the prisoner release was meant to keep Republicans from criticizing Obama’s nuclear deal.

Republicans, though, felt at the time that the deal was lopsided in favor of the Mullahs.

However, no mention was made of the secret transfer of $400 million in cash to Iran until now.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2016, 01:08:21 PM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-02/white-house-caught-secretly-airlifting-17-billion-us-taxpayer-cash-tehran-ensure-ira
White House Caught Secretly Airlifting $1.7 Billion US Taxpayer Cash To Tehran To Ensure Iran Nuclear Accord Success
by Tyler Durden
Aug 3, 2016 3:40 AM

What Donald Trump has proclaimed the worst deal ever made, may just have become worst-er. The shocking truth behind the US-Iran nuclear deal, as WSJ reports, is that John Kerry and the Obama Administration airlifted $1.7bn of cash in 'compromise' payments (read - bribe) to Tehran to ensure the release of 4 captured sailors coincidentally the same weekend as the signing of the nuclear deal.

With all the chatter of helicopter money as solution to the western world's economic ills, The Wall Street Journal's Jay Solomon and Carol Lee expose, it appears The Obama Administration is already busily dropping cash where ever it needs things done in a hurry...

Wooden pallets stacked with euros, Swiss francs and other currencies were flown into Iran on an unmarked cargo plane, according to these officials. The U.S. procured the money from the central banks of the Netherlands and Switzerland, they said.

The money represented the first installment of a $1.7 billion settlement the Obama administration reached with Iran to resolve a decades-old dispute over a failed arms deal signed just before the 1979 fall of Iran’s last monarch, Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi.

The settlement, which resolved claims before an international tribunal in The Hague, also coincided with the formal implementation that same weekend of the landmark nuclear agreement reached between Tehran, the U.S. and other global powers the summer before.

“With the nuclear deal done, prisoners released, the time was right to resolve this dispute as well,” President Barack Obama said at the White House on Jan. 17—without disclosing the $400 million cash payment.

Of course, senior U.S. officials denied any link between the payment and the prisoner exchange. They say the way the various strands came together simultaneously was coincidental, not the result of any quid pro quo.

But U.S. officials also acknowledge that Iranian negotiators on the prisoner exchange said they wanted the cash to show they had gained something tangible.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2016, 12:12:38 PM »
... the Wall Street Journal (tagged by DRUDGE) is reporting
this mega-cash 'transfer' as RANSOM!

"Members of Congress are seeking to pass legislation
preventing the Obama administration from making
any further cash payments to Iran."

U.S. Sent Cash to Iran as Americans Were Freed
Obama administration insists there was no quid pro quo,
but critics charge payment amounted to ransom

JAY SOLOMON and CAROL E. LEE - August 3, 2016

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry speaking with Iranian officials including
his counterpart, Javad Zarif, after the agreement was reached in Vienna in July 2015.
PHOTO: U.S. STATE DEPARTMENT

WASHINGTON—The Obama administration secretly organized an airlift of $400 million worth of cash to Iran that coincided with the January release of four Americans detained in Tehran, according to U.S. and European officials and congressional staff briefed on the operation afterward.

Wooden pallets stacked with euros, Swiss francs and other currencies were flown into Iran on an unmarked cargo plane, according to these officials. The U.S. procured the money from the central banks of the Netherlands and Switzerland, they said.

√ CONTINUE: http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-sent-cash-to-iran-as-americans-were-freed-1470181874

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2017, 12:12:32 PM »
http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Iran-News/Iran-Only-seven-minutes-needed-for-the-Iranian-missile-to-hit-Tel-Aviv-480654
Iran: 'Only seven minutes needed for the Iranian missile to hit Tel Aviv'
ByJPOST.COM STAFF, Michael Wilner
05 February 2017 22:00
Iran’s officials vowed to continue launching “roaring missiles,” which they characterized as defensive in nature.

"Only seven minutes is needed for the Iranian missile to hit Tel Aviv," senior member of the Iranian parliament's National Security and Foreign Policy Commission and former Revolutionary Guard official, Majtaba Zonour, told semi-official Fars News Agency Saturday.

His comments follow days of heated exchanges between US and Iranian officials.
    Days of turning a 'blind eye' to Iran's hostility 'are over,' White House says
    US Jewish groups applaud Trump’s new Iran sanctions

Tensions between Washington and Tehran have intensified after the Trump administration announced new sanctions targeting Iran’s ballistic-missile program.

The US issued the new penalties in response to several Iranian missile launches that international powers say are in violation of Iran’s obligations.

Offline freedom_commonsense

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2017, 12:20:28 PM »
Oh no, the Iranians actually have the ability to pre-empt our nukes! Run for the hills!!!!111one

::)

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2017, 12:26:23 PM »
Oh no, the Iranians actually have the ability to pre-empt our nukes! Run for the hills!!!!111one

::)
A message from where?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06954873/officers
MERTON ISLAMIC CENTRE
NASIM, Syed Muhammad
83 Kenley Road, Merton Park, London, London, Uk, SW19 3DU

Offline pac522

• Peace sells, but who's buying?
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2017, 12:30:54 PM »
http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Iran-News/Iran-Only-seven-minutes-needed-for-the-Iranian-missile-to-hit-Tel-Aviv-480654
Iran: 'Only seven minutes needed for the Iranian missile to hit Tel Aviv'
ByJPOST.COM STAFF, Michael Wilner
05 February 2017 22:00
Iran’s officials vowed to continue launching “roaring missiles,” which they characterized as defensive in nature.

"Only seven minutes is needed for the Iranian missile to hit Tel Aviv," senior member of the Iranian parliament's National Security and Foreign Policy Commission and former Revolutionary Guard official, Majtaba Zonour, told semi-official Fars News Agency Saturday.

His comments follow days of heated exchanges between US and Iranian officials.
    Days of turning a 'blind eye' to Iran's hostility 'are over,' White House says
    US Jewish groups applaud Trump’s new Iran sanctions

Tensions between Washington and Tehran have intensified after the Trump administration announced new sanctions targeting Iran’s ballistic-missile program.

The US issued the new penalties in response to several Iranian missile launches that international powers say are in violation of Iran’s obligations.

Who didn't see this coming?  ::)

Is the stage being set to go in to Iran?
This country did not achieve greatness with the mindset of "safety first" but rather "live free or die".

Truth is the currency of love. R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution!

We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.  ~EvadingGrid

The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2017, 12:34:22 PM »

Who didn't see this coming?  ::)

Is the stage being set to go in to Iran?

I sort of  wonder is Iran's real main target( before or after Israel) would be - Mecca Saudi Arabia

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2017, 01:02:08 PM »
Sarcasm aside, this sabre-rattling is getting very tedious.

A message from where?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06954873/officers
MERTON ISLAMIC CENTRE
NASIM, Syed Muhammad
83 Kenley Road, Merton Park, London, London, Uk, SW19 3DU

Huh? Is there some connection to this dissolved organization and the topic at hand?

« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2017, 01:27:47 PM »

I sort of  wonder is Iran's real main target( before or after Israel) would be - Mecca Saudi Arabia

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=166935.msg1619409#msg1619409

Offline pac522

• Peace sells, but who's buying?
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2017, 01:33:28 PM »

I don't know what targets are Iran's but I know what targets are PNAC's.
This country did not achieve greatness with the mindset of "safety first" but rather "live free or die".

Truth is the currency of love. R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution!

We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.  ~EvadingGrid

The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Offline -Q-

« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2017, 03:13:58 PM »

Iran hasn't invaded another country for the whole existence of the US, so their main target is probably to remain intact and to somehow deter the US, Israel and Saudi from attacking them on some thin pretext. The Trump admin is currently looking like the US branch of Netanyahoo's Crazy Likud Gang, so Iranian nervousness is completely understandable.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2017, 09:37:47 PM »
^^^

... Remember the hostage 'crisis' during Jimmy Carter
years? Not a good way to create friends in the USA.
But, I have always had mixed feelings about IRAN ...
I can't figure them out. I WANT to support them ...
but the islamic mumbo-jumbo always gets in the way
for me and I feel that they would attack other
countries if they thought they would survive the
consequences ... I have always felt that they are
just biding their time until muslims worldwide get
a better foothold in the west. Sorry for the rambling.  8)
St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2017, 07:48:09 AM »

Arabian Gulf War Games
KRISTINA WONG - 6 Feb 2017

ARABIAN GULF — As U.S. tensions with Iran rose last week, 17 ships from the United States, United Kingdom, France, and Australia launched a major war game just 50 miles from the Iranian coast.

Smack dab in the middle of the gulf, the ships steamed together in wedge formation in the first iteration of the exercise dubbed “Unified Trident.”

HMS Ocean, a British amphibious assault ship carrying about 750 personnel, 150 of them Royal Marines, led the way.

About 500 yards behind was the French destroyer FS Forbin, and about 500 yards behind was the U.S. destroyer USS Mahan. Another 500 yards behind was the Australian destroyer HMAS Arunta. Each carried about 300 sailors.

Another destroyer, an Aegis cruiser — a supply ship — mine sweepers, patrol boats, and Coast Guard cutters made up the flanks.

The ships cast dark gray silhouettes against a light gray sky and a bluish-gray sea, which was fairly calm, though the winds started to pick up.

On the Sunday before the exercise began, Iran fired a ballistic missile in defiance of international law. On Monday, Iran-backed Houthi rebels in the Red Sea rammed a boat into a ship belonging to Saudi Arabia, a U.S. ally in the region. On Tuesday, the exercise began.

On Wednesday, National Security Adviser Michael Flynn said the U.S. was officially putting Iran “on notice.” On Thursday, Trump said “nothing’s off the table,” when asked about a military response to Iran.

On Friday, he slapped a new round of sanctions on Iran’s missile program, while Iran said that it would not allow U.S. wrestlers into Iran to participate in a tournament after an executive order that barred visas from Iranians and seven other nationalities.

√ CONTINUE: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/06/arabian-gulf-war-games/
St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."