Does Fluoride Remain as water evaporates & Increasing Concentration Level

Author Topic: Does Fluoride Remain as water evaporates & Increasing Concentration Level  (Read 20753 times)

Offline AlexStratus

• Remember, remember, the 5th of November
Does fluoride evaporate or does it remain while water evaporates?  I know chlorine evaporates but I haven't heard about fluoride.  If it does not evaporate, then what happens to the fluoride concentration in a swimming pool after years of evaporation and replacement?  I don't even want to get in water with ANY fluoride but what if it is getting stronger?  On the other hand, it would be good to know that fluoride evaporates and eventually the fluoride level gets so low it is not measurable. 
I am sure this is a no-brainer for the chemistry PhD's amongst us. 
"Let he who hath no sword sell his
cloak and buy one." --Jesus, Luke 22:36.

Offline AlexStratus

Re: Does Fluoride Remain as water evaporates & Increasing Concentration Level
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 01:07:37 am »
NOBODY knows NOTHIN BOUT this?  Ask Alex ?  Where is the fluoride forum?  Hey thats not a bad idea.....

Offline SlaveState

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 01:11:45 am »
Fluoride remains in the water, it does not evaporate. Concentration levels will increase.

Offline AlexStratus

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 12:22:22 am »
Fluoride remains in the water, it does not evaporate. Concentration levels will increase.

So then all swimming pools that have been filled with water that is fluoridated become "fluoride stew" increasing in concentration over the years as the water evaporates.  If 10 gallons of water evaporates each day in a 30,000 gallon pool, then 3650 gallons a year is added and then the fluoride level would be twice that of the tap water supply in 8 years, 3 times tap level in 16 years, etc.  Now it is easy to see why taking a swim is so relaxing.

Offline VietNamGuy

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 01:29:08 am »
Does the flouride disappear from the water if it is "distilled" ?

Offline zdux0012

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 01:32:56 am »
I share your concern, as I have researched the only way is reverse osmsis. High pressure though tiny hole.
I wonder if a plant or tree can remove the chemical (do fruits contain it?)
Get off of Windows / Mac!! You are not safe.
Get an OS you can trust. Linux, Free BSD. Ask for help!

Offline VietNamGuy

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 01:44:55 am »
zduz, I can't believe that reverse osmosis could get flouride out like it does salt.  But I dunno.  It is interesting to think about whether the flouride travels into food.  I grew up mostly on well water is why I R so smart.

Offline freakmonk

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 09:02:02 am »
Great topic.  Another fluoride warrior.  Scary to think how concentrated the fluoride is in pools. I guess it just sinks to the bottom and gets stirred around, stew like you said.  But hey, it's good for our teeth! 

Offline AlexStratus

to freakmonk: I am not even sure if it is in fact actually good for teeth.

I believe that distilled water does not contain fluoride.  It better not cuz we just started buying distilled water instead of the "purified" water that is delivered by Arrowhead. They say that their "spring water" and "purified drinking water" BOTH contain fluoride. So we switched to distilled which they say has no fluoride.  And it only comes in 5 gallon bottles.  So it better be freakin clean stuff. But it will cost a nfortune to fill my pool with it !

If it is absorbed into plants it might go into the fruit of things like apples, oranges, etc.  It might get filtered at the roots or somewhere else before the fruit, but then it may accumulate until it eventually gets into the fruit.  But it might just accumulate in the soil.  In fact, I am sure that if it is passed into the leaves of trees, it must be in the soil indefinitely.  GODDAMMIT...is that their idea of waste disposal....spread it out EVERYWHERE ?

Offline AlexStratus

note: is contains minor corrections to the post above

to freakmonk: I am not even sure if it is in fact actually good for teeth.

I believe that distilled water does not contain fluoride.  It better not cuz we just started buying distilled water instead of the "purified" water that is delivered by Arrowhead. They say that their "spring water" and "purified drinking water" BOTH contain fluoride. So we switched to distilled which they say has no fluoride.  And it only comes in 5 gallon bottles.  So it better be freakin clean stuff. But it will cost a fortune to fill my pool with it !

If it is absorbed into plants it might go into the fruit of things like apples, oranges, etc.  It might get filtered at the roots or somewhere else before the fruit, but then it may accumulate until it eventually gets into the fruit.  But it might just accumulate in the soil.  In fact, I am sure that if it is not passed into the leaves of trees, it must be in the soil indefinitely.  GODDAMMIT...is that their idea of waste disposal....spread it out EVERYWHERE ?

Offline MikiQuick123

Found this:                                                                                                                                                                                                    
 There are three types of filtration media that will remove fluoride from water: bone char (a form of carbon), alumina (aluminum oxide) and a fluoride ion exchange resin. Knowledgeable water treatment professionals in your community can provide details about these filtration options. It should be noted that fluoride is not removed from water by boiling; it only becomes more concentrated in this manner. Even if you have effectively removed fluoride from your drinking and bathing water, if you are living in a fluoridated community, you will still need to exercise caution when dining out, for the water served – and everything made with it, like coffee – will contain fluoride. Aside from drinking only non-fluoridated water, you’ll want to buy only unprocessed foods. Choose whole foods that are grown organically, without use of chemical fertilizers or pesticides. The ultimate solution to the fluoride pollution problem, however, is to stop fluoridation.
http://www.healthcarealternatives.net/removingfluoride.
http://www.fluoridealert.org/NRC-Fluoride.htm
For more on fluoride in the environment go to the links.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"-Edmund Burke

Offline Aaron

The only way to remove or reduce fluoride from water is either by reverse osmosis or distillation.

Boiling the water concentrates the fluoride.

Reverse osmosis filters are generally better as they use no electricity unlike a water distiller but they only reduce the fluoride content.. somewhere around 90%. Distillation removes fluoride as well as everything else, leaving only absolutely pure water, but you'll pay for it in electricity costs.

Why would anyone, who considers their child the most precious thing in the world, let a doctor, they don't even know or trust, inject their child with a substance they know nothing about ?? Just because a government, who they know doesn't give a shit about them, says it's safe.. THAT is insanity

Offline MikiQuick123

This page tells you what distillation removes and what it does not.

http://www.waterdistillersaustralia.com.au/#Contaminants
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"-Edmund Burke

Offline AlexStratus

I am getting an idea !
But seriously, I was thinking that it might be possible to make a distiller solar powered.  There are solar water heaters.

It would be great if they would just stop putting crap in the water, but at this point I wouldn't believe they stopped adding fluoride, etc. unless I could test it myself.  And they might just put something much worse in, so I think a distiller is the best way to go. 

Anyone already know who makes distillers ....

Offline AlexStratus

http://www.healthcarealternatives.net/removingfluoride.
http://www.fluoridealert.org/NRC-Fluoride.htm
For more on fluoride in the environment go to the links.

The first link (http://www.healthcarealternatives.net/removingfluoride.) returned this:
Page not found
The page you are looking for might have been removed,
had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
Fluoride Test Kit
http://www.envirowarehouse.com/wqte.htm#ftk

Hanna Fluoride Meter
http://www.hoskin-environmental.ca/?p2=/modules/hoskin/categoryproducts.jsp&parentId=6781

LaMotte Fluoride Test Kit
http://www.pollardwater.com/pages_product/L1006002_fluoride_test_kit.asp

Ion specific test kits
Link Here

FLUORIDE TEST KIT - 4227-R Octet Comparator
http://www.thomassci.com/catalog/product/26067

A fluoride debate forum! Let's get in here and spread the love!
Fluoride Debate Forum: Fluoride Toxicity and Deception Discussion Forum
http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=608

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

Offline freedom7

AlexStratus- Great topic, been looking into reverse osmosis... will have to look into distillers...

Heres a site I found for reverse osmosis systems

http://advancedwaterfilters.com

Offline AlexStratus

AlexStratus- Great topic, been looking into reverse osmosis... will have to look into distillers...

Heres a site I found for reverse osmosis systems

http://advancedwaterfilters.com

Thanks for site ref,  Nice equipment.

I am thinking Best Setup would be the RO filters PLUS a distiller.  I don't wanna mess around...I want to get ANYTHING & EVERYTHING out of my water.  Worst case scenario:  bioweps (anthrax etc) injected into water mains or sewage leaks (intentional or accidental) and what about nuke fallout....I wonder how that would work...would that be a heavy metal issue?

Offline MikiQuick123

AlexStratus,

The first site is a distributor.The page also has a chart about most contaminants including Radium and Radon.This is one of the best I've found and they have a great deal of info. Both of these sites sell some nice distillers and the first one sells one you can use without electricity. (Keep that in mind if the grid goes down.)

http://www.waterdistillersaustralia.com.au/#Contaminants

http://waterdistiller.com/water-distiller/

Offline freedom7

Great link MikiQuick123! Ill be looking into this option.

JEH

The "fluoride" in water is a compound molecule. A sodium fluoride is another 'salt'. When water evaporates, all salts and solids are left behind. H2O evaporates as a vapor. A water softener is supposed to dissolve salts to an ionic state, which means then there are individual fluoride ions which easily combine with sodium and oxygen and reform the salt. If you fill your pool with soft water, ie salted water, it seems possible that fluoride and chlorine ions would evaporate. But fluoride by itself does not really exist alone. The only way it can evaporate is in a gas form. Chlorine and  Flourine gas is poisonous.

JEH

If you want clean water you must go to the mountains and find a springwater source or local well. Bring your truck and fill all the bottles. Springwater sources are not hard to find if you live near mountains. My uncle has a place out in the country with his own well. The water there is clean.

Offline bmanmcfly

To the guy worried about a potential nuclear attack...

If you are close enough to the source, the radiation itself will kill you, and from simulations I've seen the follout if on the west coast would affect probly the 2-3 states surrounding it, maybe more... even if not quite fatal levels.

Offline qimds

OH NO, now you guys have got me worried about my new Berkey I bought. It has activated alumina to get rid of fluoride but maybe I should spend the money for one of those fluoride test kits. Either that or just filter rain water.
Stop Monsanto from killing us!

Watch it here http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6262083407501596844

Offline birgit

• A red pill a day- keeps NWO at bay
Does the flouride disappear from the water if it is "distilled" ?

Yes.
However totally distilled water  consumed 100 % of the time will leach out of your body all the beneficial minerals, you have to be aware and supplement
http://www.juicersaustralia.com.au/water_distillers_australia.shtml#Contaminants
TRUTH  is  INCONTROVERTIBLE

Malice   may  attack it
Ignorance  may  deride it
     But in the  end...
             HERE  IT IS ! 
                      ~ unknown

Offline JPettingill1

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 09:13:41 pm »
Just to clarify a point above. Distilled water DOES NOT contain fluoride.  You can check out a list of all of the chemicals that a water distiller will remove during the water distillation process.

I hope this helps

Offline iks83

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 03:05:57 am »
But running such a distiller 24/7 will cause a massive electricity bill and the more people do it the less sustainable it will become. A 1000 Watt distiller just isnt affordable. Thats like running 3 computers at full power all the time. Arent there better ways?

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 05:05:02 am »
But running such a distiller 24/7 will cause a massive electricity bill and the more people do it the less sustainable it will become. A 1000 Watt distiller just isnt affordable. Thats like running 3 computers at full power all the time. Arent there better ways?

Yes there is! And it's free energy too. It's called a solar distiller, that can be made cheap. Instead of using electric, it uses the sun the same way a solar hot water heater does.

And from what I understand about distlled water, it seems true that distilled water is basically void of any nutrients, thus it can taste "flat". It's said it's not good to drink only distilled water that's void of nutrients.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
1 Timothy 6:10 (KJB)

Offline phasma

• Have a H.A.A.R.P.Y DAY !
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 05:45:23 am »
I am lucky there is no fluoride in my water, I do notice though that some times when I turn on my tap the stink of bleach is so strong it makes your eyes sting!
WHat can remove fluoride? Activated charcoal maybe?
Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise - Surangama Sutra

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 05:48:03 am »
I don't know of any process other than distillation, at least anything that's not very expensive.
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Offline phasma

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 05:52:19 am »
I hear ya, reverse osmosis kits are real expensive . . . hard to distil so much water too !

Here is a thought, might it be better to catch rain water and filter it (seeing as it contains no fluoride) for drinking rather than use the stuff from the taps?

I reckon its easier to remove the crap from it, and you`d boil it too probably.

Just a thought.

Offline freedom_commonsense

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 06:02:09 am »
I am lucky there is no fluoride in my water, I do notice though that some times when I turn on my tap the stink of bleach is so strong it makes your eyes sting!
WHat can remove fluoride? Activated charcoal maybe?

That'll be the chlorine. Not exactly good for you either, and a b**** to get rid of.

Offline phasma

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 06:06:13 am »
I`m kinda allergic too - kicks off my eczema something awful, i got a thing that goes on the shower and stops it - filter my water too, but its a pain in the ass!

Offline freedom_commonsense

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 06:09:11 am »
I`m kinda allergic too - kicks off my eczema something awful, i got a thing that goes on the shower and stops it - filter my water too, but its a pain in the ass!

Chlorine's a powerful oxidising agent, figured you'd know that  ;) After all there's a reason it was used as a primitive chemical weapon. Even in the relatively low concentrations used to "clean" water it's still a threat.

Offline iks83

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2011, 06:50:19 am »
Yes there is! And it's free energy too. It's called a solar distiller, that can be made cheap. Instead of using electric, it uses the sun the same way a solar hot water heater does.

And from what I understand about distlled water, it seems true that distilled water is basically void of any nutrients, thus it can taste "flat". It's said it's not good to drink only distilled water that's void of nutrients.

Yeah I thought about that but I live in a country with not that much sunshine. Also in winter it would be quite tricky to get the water boiling. I was thinking about something that doesnt use electricity to get water boiling through some heatplate or a fire. I saw some presentation once about a system that uses microwaves or something else to distill the water. Im trying to look that up again. Seemed promising but dont know how much energy it needs.

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2011, 12:47:25 pm »
I hear ya, reverse osmosis kits are real expensive . . . hard to distil so much water too !

Here is a thought, might it be better to catch rain water and filter it (seeing as it contains no fluoride) for drinking rather than use the stuff from the taps?

I reckon its easier to remove the crap from it, and you`d boil it too probably.

Just a thought.

Yes, definately incorporate rain water into the process. You can filter rain water well with various off-the-shelf units like a Berkey, seeing it USUALLY has no issues, so use the filtered rain water to mix with the flat distilled water. Nutrients-wise, I have no idea how much rain-to-distilled ratio. Maybe start with what seems to taste best, because both are good water sources.

Offline phasma

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2011, 12:51:00 pm »
Thats what I figured - i know they spray metals and chem crap - and maybe you`d avoid it after guy fawkes or july 4th (sulphur) but most stuff can be filtered out i figure

cool as, gonna get me another water butt and a filter :) i use rain water for my vegetables

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2011, 04:44:49 pm »
I don't know of any process other than distillation, at least anything that's not very expensive.

The sodium fluoride molecule bonds so completely with the water molecule that it's almost impossible short of distillation to remove it.  SFS isn't some big gangly thing hanging off of a water molecule, quite the contrary it is extremely small and due to its opposite charge it bores its way deep within the water molecule and hangs on like a tick.  

When water is boiled and then distilled, the sodium fluoride is part of what remains as the white-ish residue in the bottom of the heating vessel -- along with residual minerals including the heavy metals added within sodium-flurosilicate "product" that is added at the water works.

Distilled water is always your best bet. if, you add some liquid colloidal mineral concentrate with trace minerals to it... you can get these from your health food store. Add about 30 to 40 drops of minerals per gallon of distilled water.

It is advertised that a five stage reverse osmosis filtration system will also strip the fluoride from a water molecule ... these things are slow, and really pricey though, as are the replacement filters ...

Coyoté

"The right of civilians in a free society to possess "military-looking,"
or even actual military weapons, is essential if a monopoly of force
is not to reside in the hands of government, where modern history
shows the potential for far greater abuses and crimes exists than
are possible for any deranged individual."
~U.S. Supreme Court

Aymette v. State, 21 Tenn. Reports 154 (1840)
cited in U.S. v. Miller, 307 U.S. 174 (1939)

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2011, 04:52:27 pm »
Your explanation was far more articulate! ;)