UK General Election Debate snap poll: Nigel Farage close 3rd [General Election]

Author Topic: UK General Election Debate snap poll: Nigel Farage close 3rd [General Election]  (Read 22351 times)

EvadingGrid

Nigel Farage resigns as Ukip leader [General Election]
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2015, 09:10:51 AM »
Nigel Farage resigns as UKIP Leader after failure to win Westminster seat
Calls for electoral reform as party picks up 12% of vote and comes second in at least 90 seats, but fails to win targets such as South Thanet and loses Rochester

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/08/ukip-frustrated-share-vote-fails-translate-seats

EvadingGrid

UKIP second in 106 seats, but wins only one seat [General Election]
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2015, 09:31:52 AM »
UKIP   came second in 106 seats, and got   3,4million votes, that is   12.7% of all votes.

SNP wins 56 of 59 seats with 4.8% of the vote.

Disgusting day for democracy.

Already the press is hiding the results by dropping all talk of percentages, and talking only in terms of seats won.
Put it this way, if you got seats for percentage of votes at the same rate as the SNP, then UKIP would have 147/148 seats, not 1 seat.
Another example would be at the same rate as the Liberals, would give UKIP 9 seats, not 1 seat.

What ever way you look at it, this is not fair.

The maths varies, depending which party we compare, but in every single case UKIP gets disproportionately punished.

If you think I am playing tricks with the maths, compare the winning conservatives, to ukip.
In which case UKIP would have got 111 seats !

Not fair.
Cheated.

Offline Libertarian Perspective

I voted for UKIP in this election, I always knew the odds were against us, but I didn't expect to only win 1 seat, I expected at least 5-6. I think people might start to realise that the voting system in Britain is anathema to democracy and accountability.

Don't worry, conservatives have a majority now so it won't change anytime soon. I guess the only positive in my book is that the gun laws here won't get worse, which was what was threatened under a Labour/SNP coalition.
“Good luck to him. I don’t blame him at all, but I just
wish he had not hit me so hard. I know he had to protect
his property, and I probably would have done the
same thing in his position. This has certainly stopped
me committing any more crime.” - British burglar elaborating robbery

EvadingGrid

I voted for UKIP in this election, I always knew the odds were against us, but I didn't expect to only win 1 seat, I expected at least 5-6. I think people might start to realise that the voting system in Britain is anathema to democracy and accountability.

Don't worry, conservatives have a majority now so it won't change anytime soon. I guess the only positive in my book is that the gun laws here won't get worse, which was what was threatened under a Labour/SNP coalition.

It might change if David Camerdoom carries out his promises of Austerity on Steroids, and the Refferendum, to name a couple of banana skins.

The Austerity, if he carries it out, will lead to riots. I say this because any further squeeze on Housing Benefits, and we will get homeless people, to whom a nice warm prison cell and 3 meals a day is hardly a deterrent. Its not that I am advocating violence, just making a realistic projected prediction based on historical precedence and common sense.

The other issue is the Blue Team are more than capable of fighting a bitter political civil war and bringing down there own Govt over the issue of The Common Market European Union. Again, I am merely pointing out the obvious based on history and making logical predictions.

The NOTA Party won the election
In case anyones wondering, I am talking about the "None Of The Above" vote.

In other countries voting is compulsory, but you get a box to tick called "None Of The Above" to register your dissent. If enough people tick that box, then the election gets junked. In Britian the NOTA Party have been winning elections since around 1992, depending how you calculate it. Thats why ALL the media have spent ALL the election air time telling people to VOTE.

NOTA Party WON - AGAIN !

Note all they can do is round on Russel Brand for stating the obvious and having the largest single mandate.

Offline Stan

Yeah, I think you're right about the impending chaos. Or at the very least, there could be some 'interesting' developments in the years ahead. The austerity issues, the EU referendum, the Scottish situation. And those are just known factors.

Labour are also in chaos right now. No doubt they'll simply rehash their 2010 government again and choose a leader with baggage. UKIP need to take advantage of this and pick the correct leader for their five year mission. Nigel has recommended Suzanne Evans as his stand-in, which is good. Though, bizarrely, he's not ruled out throwing his own hat into the ring in September. I think this would be a backwards step and unwise in the extreme. He's done well to take them this far but UKIP only hoovered up the third party vote while Labour and the Conservatives more or less kept the same share they had in 2010. The new leader needs to eat into that vote to make any real progress.

They are making inroads into that northern vote though. Even in Liverpool they had two long distance 2nd place finishes and are just one point off finishing overall 2nd through all five constituencies. It should be a clean sweep of 2nd place finishes next time as people realise they're the only viable 'conservative' option up here.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
wow...

Hard Hitting commentary.  EG, will your countrymen demand accountability?
https://www.facebook.com/ChristopherEverard
The BBC never once mentioned George Galloway, hardly mentioned the Greens, nor the British Nationalists - everyone knows the 'Conservative Landslide' is a farce and fake.
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

EvadingGrid

Yeah, I think you're right about the impending chaos. Or at the very least, there could be some 'interesting' developments in the years ahead. The austerity issues, the EU referendum, the Scottish situation. And those are just known factors.

Labour are also in chaos right now. No doubt they'll simply rehash their 2010 government again and choose a leader with baggage. UKIP need to take advantage of this and pick the correct leader for their five year mission. Nigel has recommended Suzanne Evans as his stand-in, which is good. Though, bizarrely, he's not ruled out throwing his own hat into the ring in September. I think this would be a backwards step and unwise in the extreme. He's done well to take them this far but UKIP only hoovered up the third party vote while Labour and the Conservatives more or less kept the same share they had in 2010. The new leader needs to eat into that vote to make any real progress.

They are making inroads into that northern vote though. Even in Liverpool they had two long distance 2nd place finishes and are just one point off finishing overall 2nd through all five constituencies. It should be a clean sweep of 2nd place finishes next time as people realise they're the only viable 'conservative' option up here.

I agree with you Stan, though I have little knowledge of the internals of alternative candidates for the leadership.

Where I slightly disagree is about Nigel standing down. I think it is honourable that he keeps his word and promptly resigns. I also think Nigel needs to put his feet up and take the whole summer as one big long holiday. I do not see Nigel as having failed, he took the party from being the fringe to being Britannia's 3rd Party, the only real alternative to a Red Blue dictatorship.

I don't think its a big disagreement, because all of us want what is best for the country, and that is winning our freedom from the EU Evil Union 4th Riech.

I had similar thoughts when Alex Salmond stepped down and am pleased that Nichola Sturgeon has stepped in and taken the SNP to a new level. It would be foolish of me not to admit that the same tactic might well work for UKIP. The old leader steps down, and a new face builds on there success to make UKIP an election landslide winner.

Its been a long day in British Politics.

Though considering the result in Scotland, are we now a broken union ?
Do we respect the mandate the SNP has just achieved ?

Its been a long hard day, and although I have screamed about the unfair seat distribution, I must not forget to smile at just how far UKIP have come, from joke party who could never ever get elected into Britians 3rd Party and only true anti-establishment genuine oppositon standing for Freedom for all.

What a day !
What a night !

EvadingGrid

wow...

George Galloway lost his seat.

It was politically a "night of the long knives"
Heads did roll, in particular, the Liberal Grandees lost some big names.

Its a lot to take in, at least for me, and I'll admit I've been emotional, but I was told when I took this job to always said "Trust Your Instincts". I could be wrong, but there is stench about elections and it is a most sophisticated manipulations - Weird looking criminals stuffing ballot boxes, no, its sophisticated manipulation of the masses by unseen power elite.

Eton Old Ties and Bullingdon Club got elected, and yes Nat Rothschild was a club member.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullingdon_Club

EvadingGrid

Inside Oxford University's secret drinking clubs

The high jinks and hedonism of the Bullingdon Club seem a little tame when compared to the orgiastic debauchery of Oxford's other secret drinking clubs. Matthew Bell girds his loin and ventures into the heart of vice city in search of future Cabinet ministers at play…

http://www.tatler.com/news/articles/september-2014/inside-oxford-university-secret-drinking-clubs

Offline jerryweaver

London scene of anti-Tories rally
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2015, 07:53:23 PM »
London scene of anti-Tories rally

Thousands of protesters have marched on the Conservatives' campaign HQ, parliament, Downing Street and are now marching through central London.

According to Press TV's correspondent in London, Narges Moballeghi, the protesters are angry that a party with only about 37% of the vote has a majority in government.

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2015/05/09/410239/Protesters--London-Conservatives

Offline Stan

Well that didn't take long. The left's grievance over the Tories winning a majority on 37% is a bit rich considering Blair's Labour won whacking great majorities on 43, 40, and even 35 percent with a system biased towards them.

EVADING GRID - Maybe I just worded that poorly because I don't disagree with anything you said there. Farage has done a great job with UKIP and has earned himself a place in history as one of our great party leaders (like them or not). I just think he's too divisive a character to knock off one of the big two parties and become Prime Minister himself. Though when you look at the figures coldly, UKIP's 3.9 votes was close to half of Labour's 9 million. They've more than quadrupled their share so maybe under ideal circumstances he could double it again. It'll be interesting to see how the EU referendum influences their vote. At that point (assuming we vote to stay) UKIP will be the only party in town for anyone who wants to leave.

EvadingGrid

Well that didn't take long. The left's grievance over the Tories winning a majority on 37% is a bit rich considering Blair's Labour won whacking great majorities on 43, 40, and even 35 percent with a system biased towards them.

EVADING GRID - Maybe I just worded that poorly because I don't disagree with anything you said there. Farage has done a great job with UKIP and has earned himself a place in history as one of our great party leaders (like them or not). I just think he's too divisive a character to knock off one of the big two parties and become Prime Minister himself. Though when you look at the figures coldly, UKIP's 3.9 votes was close to half of Labour's 9 million. They've more than quadrupled their share so maybe under ideal circumstances he could double it again. It'll be interesting to see how the EU referendum influences their vote. At that point (assuming we vote to stay) UKIP will be the only party in town for anyone who wants to leave.

Actually Stan I think you might be right about it being time for Nigel to let some one else, some one new, pick up the torch of freedom.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-2015-scotland-32680698
Election 2015: Sturgeon says Cameron must go further on devolution
10 May 2015

Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has called for new tax and welfare powers to be devolved to Scotland as a "priority
Ms Sturgeon also said her party now provided the main opposition at Westminster.

Labour, with 232 MPs, are the official opposition but Ms Sturgeon claimed her party, which gained 50 MPs on Thursday, was the one putting pressure on Mr Cameron's Conservative government.

The SNP is the third largest party in the UK despite only standing in Scotland.

It took 56 of the 59 seats in Scotland, reducing Labour to just one MP when they had previously had 41

Speaking to the BBC's Andrew Marr programme, Ms Sturgeon said Mr Cameron did not appear to want to move beyond powers already outlined in the Smith Commission, which was formed after the independence referendum to fulfil the pledge to give Scotland further devolution.

She said: "What we will argue for is priority devolution of powers over business taxes, employment, the minimum wage, welfare, because these are the levers we need to grow our economy to get people into work paying taxes and lifting people out of poverty.

http://cinemorgue.wikia.com/wiki/File:Richard_Leaf's_severed_head_in_Braveheart.png
Richard Leaf's severed head in Braveheart .png
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline Dude447

As a UKIP voter it was a bitter sweet day for me , I would have loved to have seen Nigel Farage win his seat and a few more UKIP candidates , on the the plus side they had a huge increase in votes since the last election . Re the voting in of another UKIP leader later this year , I am not sure who could take over the mantle and do the job half aswell . If Nigel Farage did put himself back up for the leadership I would give him the thumbs up . 8)

EvadingGrid

Thanks to you and the nearly four million others who voted UKIP in yesterday’s General Election, we QUADRUPLED our vote from the 2010 election.

With nearly 4 million votes, UKIP is now the third largest party in British politics in terms of vote share.

http://www.ukip.org/thank_you_for_voting_ukip

EvadingGrid

Labour will choose another leader, Chuka Umunna - as proposed by The Prince of Darkness - Peter illuminati Mandelson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuka_Umunna
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04t6qfd/question-time-27112014

The other candidate backed Harriet Harman is Liz Kendall

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liz_Kendall
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04647j1/question-time-05062014

Labour Party leadership election, 2015
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labour_Party_leadership_election,_2015

Offline Stan

Actually Stan I think you might be right about it being time for Nigel to let some one else, some one new, pick up the torch of freedom.

After the bitter Carswell argument today, and Farage bizarrely unresigning yesterday, he may be knifed into retirement if he's not careful. The new batch of Patrick O'Flynn, Suzanne Evans, Steven Wolfe, and Tim Aker have publicly come out in defence of Carswell over the money issue (or at least come out against those hidden people snidely attacking him).

Ironically, incidents like this are partly possible because Nigel has built a more professional party with higher profile and very capable people within it. It's not like the olden days where he could just take dissenters outside to be shot without anyone speaking out.

And I think a trendy, metro empty vessel like Chuka Umuuna becoming Labour leader would be welcomed by the Tories. And also by UKIP. London might vote for a poor man's Barack Obama in droves but Labour could expect further inroads from UKIP in the north.

Offline Dude447

Hi Stan .The  UK has always been a bit right wing .Clegg (liberal Deomocrats) got busted for siding with the conservatives  (and failing on the student fees amongst other things) . Miliband left wing marxist was never going to win

Offline Dude447

Talking of irony alot of people got really pissed off with the Margaret Thatcher years and then voted in Tony (phoney) Blair who was old conservative new labour

Here is an interesting story:

'No evidence' of South Thanet electoral fraud
http://www.thanetgazette.co.uk/evidence-South-Thanet-electoral-fraud/story-26497086-detail/story.html

The "conspiracy theorist" in me just wants to go, yeah right no electoral fraud my arse.

EvadingGrid

BBC calls Nigel Farage a c#nt on Live TV
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2015, 07:18:34 AM »
Its get Nigel time

EvadingGrid

Re: BBC calls Nigel Farage a c### on Live TV
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2015, 07:20:40 AM »
Moment BBC's Assistant Political Editor flounders after accidentally calling Nigel Farage a c*** during live broadcast as he discusses Ukip's in-fighting

Norman Smith accidentally said there's a 'personality c***' at head of Ukip
    BBC journalist describing row between Nigel Farage and Patrick O'Flynn
    Mr Smith tutted to himself over blooper and later apologised to viewers

By Martin Robinson for MailOnline

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3081492/Moment-BBC-s-deputy-political-editor-flounders-accidentally-calling-Nigel-Farage-c-live-broadcast-discusses-Ukip-s-fighting.html

Insults flying at Nigel Farage got even worse today after a senior BBC journalist called him a 'c***' on live TV.

Assistant political editor Norman Smith was describing the bitter row between the Ukip leader and other party members when he accidentally abused Mr Farage himself.

The BBC veteran was telling viewers how Ukip's campaign chief Patrick O'Flynn tore into Mr Farage and said he had turned the party into a 'personality cult'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3081492/Moment-BBC-s-deputy-political-editor-flounders-accidentally-calling-Nigel-Farage-c-live-broadcast-discusses-Ukip-s-fighting.html#ixzz3aD2pD4qM

EvadingGrid

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2015, 07:23:56 AM »

EvadingGrid

BBC says Nigel Farage - 'You're just like Nick Clegg'
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2015, 07:26:45 AM »
'You're just like Nick Clegg': Question Time audience rounds on Farage over broken promise to quit, as Ukip leader clings to his job

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3082710/People-just-letting-steam-election-Farage-dismisses-row-members-leadership-says-contest-massive-massive-mistake.html#ixzz3aD3toqhC

Nigel Farage has faced growing attacks over his leadership of the party
Comes after he u-turned on promise to quit as leader if he was not an MP
Question Time audience last night accused him of looking like a 'clown'
But Mr Farage dismissed the criticism as 'people letting off steam'
Insisted a contest to find a new party leader would be a 'massive mistake'
Ukip MEP Patrick O'Flynn earlier launched a stunning attack on his leader
He said Mr Farage, 51, had become 'snarling, thin-skinned' and 'aggressive'

Nigel Farage was accused of joining the 'Nick Clegg group' of politicians who could not be trusted - as voters rounded on the Ukip leader in a fiery Question Time debate on the BBC last night.

Mr Farage, 51, was dismissed as a 'clown' over his decision to stay on as party leader despite pledging before the election to stand down if he did not become an MP.

The controversial MEP dramatically 'unresigned' as Ukip leader on Monday, just three days after announcing he was quitting after losing his bid to enter Parliament as the MP for Thanet South.

Last night Mr Farage insisted a contest to find a new party figurehead would be a 'massive, massive mistake' with an EU referendum looming and dismissed the bitter row over his leadership as 'people letting off steam after the election'

It comes amid growing anger within the party over his leadership, with MEP Patrick O'Flynn, the party's economic spokesman, accusing Mr Farage of turning Ukip into a 'personality cult' and becoming a 'snarling, thin-skinned, aggressive' man.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3082710/People-just-letting-steam-election-Farage-dismisses-row-members-leadership-says-contest-massive-massive-mistake.html#ixzz3aD4FiYmS

EvadingGrid

Prince of Darkness annointed Leader retires after just 3 DAYS
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2015, 07:32:19 AM »
Meanwhile Labours Obama - Chuka Umunna mysteriously withdraws from Election Campaign AFTER 3 DAYS

Yup, the new "British Obama", annoinetd by the Prince of Darkness himself, has mysteriously withdrawn from the Labour Leadership contest, and obviously would have been the next Prime Minister ( Tories are going to implode, Cameroon will be stepping down at the end of this parliment, Civil War will be raging in the Tory Party etc ... The Summer Riots, and so on....

BLACKMAIL AND INTRIGUE

Who had the authority to over rule The Prince of Darkness himself ?

EvadingGrid

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2015, 09:52:27 AM »
BBC calls Farrage a c#nt on Live TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kFlazs5_tS4#t=16

I just can not get my head around how the BBC is going to wriggle out of this one.

EvadingGrid

The creepiest thing David Cameron has ever said
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2015, 12:18:48 PM »
UK Prime Minister David Cameron Proclaims – It’s Not Enough to Follow the Law, You Must Love Big Brother
“The creepiest thing David Cameron has ever said.”

http://www.infowars.com/uk-prime-minister-david-cameron-proclaims-its-not-enough-to-follow-the-law-you-must-love-big-brother/

EvadingGrid

What made Chuka chuck it in?
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2015, 06:56:07 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3083921/What-Chuka-chuck-Mystery-favourite-quits-leadership-race-three-days-saying-t-stand-scrutiny.html

Highest Rated Comment
Surely the questions that need answering are, who will be the best person to lead the campaign in the run-up to the EU referendum by making the best case to get us out of the EU, and who is the best speaker in UKIP? The realistic answer is Farage. He should most definitely stay!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3084002/Ukip-s-MP-calls-Farage-step-Douglas-Carswell-warned-party-leader-struck-wrong-tone-election-break.html#ixzz3aIZ7VnFt

The Media wishes to dethrone UKIP just as David Cameroon is about to make the "surprise" announcement that they will do the referendum early.

EvadingGrid

UK General Election why the Banks Won The Debate [General Election]
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2015, 07:53:32 AM »
UK General Election why the Banks Won The Debate [General Election]

The debate has now been firmly shifted onto Labour Lost because "Labour failed to take the Blame for The Crash of 2008, and tried to shift the blame onto the Banks"

Of course this is an utter lie

(a) Labour never had the courage to consistently blame the Banks and The City.
(b) Conservatives always blamed Labour and never, ever, there buddies in the Banks

The Banks Won

The Labour Party failed to deliver. The Blue Team blamed Labour for Bankrupting the country bailing out the banks, but did they tackle the Banks or reverse the Bailout when the took power ?

Its a mess of lies and distortions. The simple minded public has just locked into the Fundy Blue Team, "Labour over spent" message.
Pathetic.

EvadingGrid

Re: What made Chuka chuck it in?
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2015, 05:30:46 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3083921/What-Chuka-chuck-Mystery-favourite-quits-leadership-race-three-days-saying-t-stand-scrutiny.html

Highest Rated Comment
Surely the questions that need answering are, who will be the best person to lead the campaign in the run-up to the EU referendum by making the best case to get us out of the EU, and who is the best speaker in UKIP? The realistic answer is Farage. He should most definitely stay!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3084002/Ukip-s-MP-calls-Farage-step-Douglas-Carswell-warned-party-leader-struck-wrong-tone-election-break.html#ixzz3aIZ7VnFt

The Media wishes to dethrone UKIP just as David Cameroon is about to make the "surprise" announcement that they will do the referendum early.

Now they offering these explanations

Exposed! Chuck-it-in Chuka's shady secret: Labour MP belongs to members-only 'den' where he has his own £300 cognac locker and a bar named after him - so is this what rattled leadership contender?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3084677/Exposed-Chuck-Chuka-s-shady-secret-Labour-MP-belongs-members-den-300-cognac-locker-bar-named-rattled-leadership-contender.html

The tragic past haunting Chuka Umunna
Childhood loss of his Nigerian politician father, whose background instilled a sense of injustice, may help to explain shadow business secretary's U-turn on running for the Labour Party leadership
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/11610529/The-tragic-past-haunting-Chuka-Umunna.html

Chuka Umunna says he has 'no skeletons in the closet' amid claims he took £2,500 donation from company that helps non-doms avoid tax
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3084857/Chuck-Chuka-took-2-500-donation-company-helps-non-doms-avoid-tax-calling-Chancellor-close-tax-loopholes.html

Offline Stan

I think Chuka would've bombed but the rest of the candidates are pretty dire. Even the newer faces of Mary Creagh and Liz Kendall. Though I'd prefer Creagh if only because I'm so sick of seeing the others.

It was good to see Nigel Farage, Douglas Carswell, and Suzanne Evans campaigning in Westminster/Downing St for electoral reform today along with Plaid, the Greens, and SNP. More issues of the EU, democratic accountability, and small government would be preferable to wall to wall immigrant malarkey over the next five years.