PrisonPlanet Forum
July 26, 2014, 09:10:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Police set to search for guns at homes  (Read 3143 times)
DCUBED

Sieg Heil!

« on: February 09, 2008, 11:27:33 PM »

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2008/02/09/police_set_to_search_for_guns_at_homes/

Police set to search for guns at homes

As Boston police prepare to go into some of the city's most dangerous neighborhoods, knock on doors of private houses, and ask if they can search for illegal guns without a warrant, officials are trying to pitch the idea of the plan as friendly cooperation to residents who still see it as a threatening intrusion.
more stories like this

* Man fatally shot on Dorchester street on way to work
    * Man, 35, fatally shot on Dorchester street
    * Murray blasts anti-Clinton stands by men
    * Dorchester man indicted in shopowner's slaying
    * Boston police arrest over 80 people in weekend crime sweep

A friendly looking logo - a drawing of a house surrounded by the sun - adorns the brochure police have drafted to explain and promote the initiative, "Safe Homes." Photos of officers playing baseball with children and chatting with teenagers dot the pamphlet. Twice, police have taken calls from listeners on a black radio station in Roxbury.

By the time they start going door to door next month, police hope they will have reassured clergy, neighborhood leaders, and parents who still see the program as a way to violate the privacy of residents in neighborhoods with a large population of minority-group members and and immigrants.

"There is a big trust issue," said Deputy Superintendent Gary French, who will oversee the Safe Homes program. "I think a lot of people think there's going to be some kind of behind-the-scenes hook to this, and there really isn't. The reality of it is it's strictly a program aimed at getting guns out of the hands of juveniles."

Police plan to search for weapons in four Dorchester and Roxbury neighborhoods by late February or early March. Relying on the tips from schools, community organizations, and parents, they will look in the rooms of any children whose parents or guardians give consent to the search, French said. (The program does not apply to anyone over 18, because they are legally adults and parents can no longer give consent to a search of their rooms.)

Ten officers and a sergeant assigned to the city's schools have been trained to conduct the searches. Most of them speak a second tongue, Spanish or Cape Verdean Creole.

To further put residents at ease, officers will wear civilian clothes and try to look like office workers on casual Friday rather than FBI agents, French said. "They won't go in there in a three-piece suit."

Since announcing the initiative in November, police have held several community meetings about the program and developed an advisory council of religious and community leaders. They suggested that the brochures make clear that residents do not have to consent to the search, and they urged that ministers or social workers accompany police during searches, French said.

Some clergy members have apparently volunteered to accompany police on the searches because they are suspicious of their intent.

"My belief is there are ministers that will do it as part of their ministry because they want to make sure police don't overstep their boundaries," said the Rev. David Wright, executive director of the Black Ministerial Alliance, whose board has not decided whether to endorse the program. "And I think that's a valid point."

Other ministers are staying away from the searches. They fear that if they are with police when they find a gun that is connected to a homicide, residents will stop trusting them.
more stories like this

"I'm not going to go and help them get a gun, and then a kid gets arrested because there's a body on it," said the Rev. Shaun O. Harrison, a Dorchester minister. "There is my credibility going down the tubes."

Like many ministers, Harrison works with gang members and tries to persuade them to hand over their weapons anonymously. He knows they trust him because he will not turn them in.

Harrison has also lost a loved one to the violence: His nephew, Roderick Carter, 23, was fatally shot last month.

"I'm conflicted about this thing here," Harrison said. "I know they're trying to do everything they can to get guns off the street. I commend them for that, but I don't think that's the way." French said police will test all the guns to see if they were used in shootings. But he said he doubts any child would be arrested as a result of the search, even if police found a gun that turned out to be a murder weapon.

"If I stopped you today and you have a gun, that doesn't suggest that you had that firearm two months ago," he said. "It doesn't put you at the scene of a crime. . . . If we don't have any information that ties you to the earlier crime, that investigation is going to go nowhere."

Wright said it is possible that a child could be storing a gun for a gang member - a friend, a relative - and would be beaten if police took the gun. But French said that possibility was remote.

"There are a thousand what ifs with this program," French said. "I don't see us running into a lot of situations where we run into some of the worst-case scenarios that are being put out there."

French has found converts. He won over M.C. Spice, host of "The Big Morning Thing" at Touch 106.1 FM, when he spoke about the program on the show.

"I was so against it," said M.C. Spice, program director of the station, located in Grove Hall. "But the fact that he came in here and he was a person - he wasn't in there with direct orders: 'Hey we're the Gestapo and we're going to go in.' He said his point with passion and conviction. He cared about the youth."

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”  - Arthur Conan Doyle

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." J. Edgar Hoover

http://www.conspiracyshirts.com/

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 11:30:05 PM »

I hope they fight for their rights...those pigs better not take ANYONE'S guns

Ray McBerry for Governor of Georgia in 2010!  Reclaim the sovereignty of the States!

http://www.georgiafirst.org

Youtube Channel:  http://www.youtube.com/user/RayMcBerry

He has many informative videos advocating his candidacy.
thadividedsky

Long Live the Republic. NWO, you're going down.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 11:32:26 PM »

Welcome to martial law America. This s**t makes me sick.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
~Thomas Jefferson

Visit my website. http://www.angelfire.com/ego/trail/index.html
trixi1

He is watching. Smile because Jesus is Lord.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 11:39:39 PM »

and the conditioning continues.

stay tuned....

John 3:16 teaches us: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 says:  "I am the way the truth and the life; NO MAN cometh unto the Father BUT BY ME."
KiwiClare

Either you're with us or with the terrorists

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 12:57:56 AM »

A gun-free country is a mass murderer's wet dream.
THE TRAGIC RESULTS OF GUN CONTROL http://www.newswithviews.com/Ohara/debbie22.htm
"Hitler was elected to power in January 1933. Because of gun control registration laws enacted 5 years earlier, Hitler already knew who owned the guns. Mass seizures of weapons would render the German people helpless. Hitler was to enact another gun control law in 1938. The very day after Kristallnacht, a Nazi-led night of lawlessness and murder against Jews, the Jews were forbidden by law to own a gun, a club, or any sharp-edged weapon. Rendered defenseless, and with census data and National ID Cards identifying who was Jewish, it was easy for the government to arrest the Jews and send them to concentration camps."

To be persuasive, we must be believable,
To be believable, we must be credible,
To be credible, we must be truthful.
- Edward R. Murrow
φυδγε

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 01:03:50 AM »

quote from the above article: To further put residents at ease, officers will wear civilian clothes and try to look like office workers on casual Friday rather than FBI agents, French said. "They won't go in there in a three-piece suit."

WTF.  Are Boston Police searching the houses or the FBI???
JConner
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 01:33:01 AM »

Somebody needs to be filming these 'consensual searches' to see what tactics are used to 'gain consent'...

'Yes, ma'am, we'd like to search Junior's room for guns, and if you don't consent... well, what's that funny smell? Officer Bob, you smell marijuana? I sure smell marijuana in there...'

Knowhuttamean?
φυδγε

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 01:43:43 AM »

Must be a fine day when the FBI, local police, CPS, and representatives from your local church all show up on your doorstep on casual Friday?!?!
KiwiClare

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 02:13:30 AM »

Somebody needs to be filming these 'consensual searches' to see what tactics are used to 'gain consent'...

Good idea.

The police just provided cover for FEMA house-by-house search in New Orleans, didn't they. 
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/may2006/240506femaplan.htm

Is there documented evidence to show that the police in the US have been made to train for actual gun confiscations and if so, for how long have they been training for?   

- Edward R. Murrow
trixi1

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 11:11:44 AM »

'Yes, ma'am, we'd like to search Junior's room for guns, and if you don't consent... well, what's that funny smell? Officer Bob, you smell marijuana? I sure smell marijuana in there...'

Knowhuttamean?

That is one of the exact scenarios that I envisioned when I read the article.

BTW, wearing civilian clothes is a way that is supposed to work on a sub-concious level to make you believe they're on your side.

Don't buy into the reasoning of this load of crap. They don't do anything that doesn't benefit them. This buys them more power, even when they make you believe that you had a choice. Doesn't change a thing -- it's still 2 sides of the same coin. A fascist coin.

John 3:16 teaches us: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 says:  "I am the way the truth and the life; NO MAN cometh unto the Father BUT BY ME."
dystopia
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 11:42:40 AM »

I have alot of trouble thinking black people in a city are going to want police in their homes.

They have to be smarter than that.

What happens when one of them finds a pound of weed under your kids bed or in his closet?

Lose your house instantly, that's what.

BeaverDam

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 11:52:24 AM »

I loved the picture with the cop dressed in all black playing with the kids.  That shit cracked me up.  Made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
thadividedsky

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 11:59:21 AM »

A coworker and good friend of mine lives in 1 of those suburbs, Brockton MA. I gave him 30 copies of the "Citizens Rule Book" that is available on the infowars.com website. He's giving a copy to each household of his friends and family and inform them not to consent to search without a warrant. Unfortunately, here in RI, the legislators are discussing the same action and if so, I'm going to buy a s**tload of those rule books and go door to door and give them a copy and tell them to read the 4th amendment. We need to counter this s**t before it becomes the status quo.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
~Thomas Jefferson

sid

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 12:06:51 PM »

Anytime any LEO of any variety asks you for permission to enter your home, simply say " I decline your request" and close the door before they can respond.

Exceptions might, of course, be made if you have called them, know for a certainty that they are simply seeking legitimate information about something else (such as talking to neighbors of a crime victim trying to get information on that crime only), are seeking legitimate information about someone you know (such as alibi verification or, maybe, character references for dept applicants)  or are in obvious need of immediate aid they cannot obtain from their unit by radio.

Keep in mind that anything you say or anything they observe can and will be used against you in a court of law if they so choose.  Just assume they are in the process of building a case against you.  If in doubt, just say no, nothing else.
Optimus
Globalist Destroyer
Global Moderator

The banksters are steaming piles of dog shit!

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 12:11:59 PM »

Knowhuttamean?

Doesn't matter what tactics they use. They can be dressed up like bozo the clown for all I care. The sad fact is, there will be people stupid enough to let them search without a warrant. "Hello, do you mind if we 'illegally' search your house for firearms?" is all it will take for some to consent. I live in the midwest, but if some cops came to my door wanting to search my house without a warrant they will get a big fat NO! And if they keep insisting, all they will be finding is lead flying out of my gun barrel!

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<
Dig
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2008, 12:21:16 PM »

I loved the picture with the cop dressed in all black playing with the kids.  That shit cracked me up.  Made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

In another 12 months this is what you will be conditioned to see in American cities:

All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately
Optimus
Globalist Destroyer
Global Moderator

The banksters are steaming piles of dog shit!

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 12:45:25 PM »

In another 12 months this is what you will be conditioned to see in American cities:

And after that the soldier will be shooting the poor kids instead of handing them candy. It will be just like in Iraq. Cry

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<
Dig

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2008, 01:10:04 PM »

What police raids in America are going to look like...

Women, children killed in Afghan raid: local officials
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hEIvb9vg7hs-jH-abXCGSR1-roqw
6 days ago

HERAT, Afghanistan (AFP) — Raids by Afghan and NATO troops against Taliban insurgents in southern and southwestern Afghanistan killed several civilians, among them children, local officials said. Ten people were killed in southwestern Farah province and two others were killed in southern Helmand province, they said. Authorities from Farah gave conflicting figures for the number of civilians killed. The strike in Farah late Sunday, involving ground and air forces, took place in Bakwa district, which has seen a series of attacks by fighters with the Taliban movement, in government between 1996 and 2001.

The governor of Bakwa district said that two women and three children were among the dead...

and only one Taliban fighter was killed.

"A Taliban commander had been invited to the house," said Khan Agha. "In the operation nine people were killed, which includes two women and three kids." The rest were men. But provincial governor Ghulam Mohaidun Balouch said that out of 10 people killed in the raid on a Taliban "cell" most were rebels. "Among the 10, eight are Taliban plus the wife of the commander and his child," he said.  Balouch said Italian NATO troops, who are based in the nearby province of Herat, were involved. Meanwhile, NATO-led troops raided a civilian house overnight in Lashkar Gah, the capital of troubled Helmand province, killing a man and a child, provincial police chief Mohammad Hussain Andiwal told AFP.

"The forces have killed the owner of the house and a little girl," he said.

Andiwal said the foreign forces have taken only two "cell phones" from the house and...

the reasons behind the raid were not known.

"We don't know why they raided the house and on what basis," he said.

------------------------------

Get ready for the geography to change, but the story will be the same.

All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately
Dig

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2008, 01:13:48 PM »

Look at the Al Qaesa that are still in Afghanistan. 

trixi1

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2008, 01:44:41 PM »

My advice is for everyone to have a 'peephole' on your door and to USE IT.

If you see someone at your door you don't know, start asking yourself if you feel comfortable answering knowing this kind of thing is going on.

You can yell through the door that you're busy, sick, indecent, etc. Just be cautious of a setup.

By the way, I don't believe that honest cops would take part in an exercise like this. They would have to be compromised in some fashion--bought off, threatened, promised a promotion, etc.

My opinion, of course.

sid

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2008, 02:49:09 PM »

By the way, I don't believe that honest cops would take part in an exercise like this.

Honest cops?  I've heard tell of these people, but really don't personally know any.
Dig

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2008, 03:12:39 PM »

Honest cops?  I've heard tell of these people, but really don't personally know any.

this is usually caused through social conditioning techniques used by the same Nazi social psychiatrists that reward bad behaviour and punish good behaviour.

For more on this, you can look into this:

http://www.lucifereffect.com/

Official web site of The Lucifer Effect: Understanding How Good People Turn Evil (Random House, 2007). In this book, I summarize more than 30 years of research on factors that can create a "perfect storm" which leads good people to engage in evil actions. This transformation of human character is what I call the "Lucifer Effect," named after God's favorite angel, Lucifer, who fell from grace and ultimately became Satan.

Rather than providing a religious analysis, however, I offer a psychological account of how ordinary people sometimes turn evil and commit unspeakable acts. As part of this account, The Lucifer Effect tells, for the first time, the full story behind the Stanford Prison Experiment, a now-classic study I conducted in 1971. In that study, normal college students were randomly assigned to play the role of guard or inmate for two weeks in a simulated prison, yet the guards quickly became so brutal that the experiment had to be shut down after only six days.

How and why did this transformation take place, and what does it tell us about recent events such as the Abu Ghraib prisoner abuses in Iraq? Equally important, what does it say about the "nature of human nature," and what does it suggest about effective ways to prevent such abuses in the future?

Please join me in a journey that the poet Milton might describe as making “darkness visible.” Although it is often hard to read about evil up close and personal, we must understand its causes in order to contain and transform it through wise decisions and innovative communal actions. Indeed, in my view, there is no more urgent task that faces us today.

---------------------------

I think the secret is to show them that the final solution is for all of us (cops and everyone, there is no discrimination).

KiwiClare

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2008, 05:05:56 PM »

What police raids in America are going to look like...

Women, children killed in Afghan raid: local officials

People should realize that if they turn a blind eye to this and give their tacit approval, they could well suffer the same fate.  You reap what you sow.

Kiwiclare asked:
Is there documented evidence to show that the police in the US have been made to train for actual gun confiscations and if so, for how long have they been training for?

I ask this question, not because I don't believe it, but because I wanted evidence from the experts on here to post on a site for disbelievers.

- Edward R. Murrow
thadividedsky

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2008, 05:16:15 PM »

Tell them to watch road to tyranny and freedom to fascism. Those movies alone should be more than enough to prove this has been going on for a very long time. TPTB are just gearing up for the real thing now.

~Thomas Jefferson

KiwiClare

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2008, 05:30:23 PM »

Tell them to watch road to tyranny and freedom to fascism. Those movies alone should be more than enough to prove this has been going on for a very long time. TPTB are just gearing up for the real thing now.

Thanks. They are both excellent films -ground-breaking. "9/11: The Road to Tyranny" has woken many people up, including me -the scenes of the troops frightening the children are a real eye-opener.  It shows how evil the NWO is, -frightening the most vulnerable. But I was after something in writing -like a scanned document that related to police orders to train, that people could look at in a second and realize immediately that our goose is getting cooked under  our noses.

- Edward R. Murrow
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: