Eric Cantor Loses Primary to Tea Party Brat

Author Topic: Eric Cantor Loses Primary to Tea Party Brat  (Read 11182 times)

Offline larsonstdoc

Eric Cantor Loses Primary to Tea Party Brat
« on: June 10, 2014, 11:51:30 PM »
Source---CNN

Dave Brat. 56%

Cantor. 44%

THIS IS A MEGASTORY.

BYE BYE IMMIGRATION REFORM.........FOR NOW
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
Re: Eric Cantor Loses Primary to Tea Party Brat
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 11:55:22 PM »
Source---CNN

Dave Brat. 56%

Cantor. 44%

THIS IS A MEGASTORY.

Now that's the kinda BRAT I like!

(Good To See Ya Doc...)

Oldyoti

"Nothing can stop the man with the right
mental attitude from achieving his goal;
nothing on earth can help the man with
the wrong mental attitude."

~Thomas Jefferson

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 12:05:54 AM »
Thanks JT.

Power to the people.

Time to send more of these Obama supporters home.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline BlackRoses

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 12:06:30 AM »
*isn't a creeper* I'm still kind of a newbie here but I know I've read your posts before I officially joined, saw that you hadn't posted in awhile...Anyway, welcome back!

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 12:28:46 AM »
Thanks strangelove.

This defeat is also a defeat for Obama because he will not be able to push his agenda through Congress.  All the Republicans will be scared they won't be reelected. THIS IS HUGE.  No better time for this with 1000'S of young children crossing the US border daily.  Maybe the voters can scare these bureauRATS into building a fence with armed guards TO SAVE OUR COUNTRY FROM BECOMING 3RD WORLD.

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 01:08:45 AM »
Woot! You’re back! I was starting to wonder if you were OK. Long time no post.

It would be nice if all those old-timers out there would check in every once in awhile, even if it were just to say, “Hello”.

Hope things are going well with you and yours, larsonstdoc.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

worcesteradam

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 07:40:48 AM »
Cantor was defeated in the Republican primary in Virginia on June 10, 2014, by university professor David Brat, thus making Cantor the first House Majority Leader to lose his party's primary since the position was created in 1899

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 09:37:20 AM »
http://davebratforcongress.com/
http://davebratforcongress.com/issues/
http://davebratforcongress.com/what-we-believe/

Issues

Obamacare

Obamacare has proven to be an economically disastrous law and an unconstitutional power grab by our Federal Government. The government cannot and should not be permitted to run and regulate nearly 20% of our nation’s economy. We must restore the relationship between doctor and patient. We must restore the relationship between price and service in medicine or we will continue on the Road to Serfdom. I support a plan to defund the law and replace it with free-market solutions that lower costs, improve quality, and increase access to care.

Fiscal Responsibility

Our national debt has skyrocketed, reaching over $17 trillion dollars.  What our leaders in Washington fail to mention is the $127 Trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities (see U.S. Debt Clock). This lack of leadership on both sides of the aisle threatens our nation’s stability and long term growth and forces an undue burden on our children and grandchildren. We must balance the federal budget by reducing spending.  I will support a balanced budget amendment which will force Congress to reign in the out of control federal spending and to restore confidence in the American economy.

Immigration

When addressing the issue of immigration, we must start by securing our border.  An open border is both a national security threat and an economic threat that our country cannot ignore. I reject any proposal that grants amnesty and undermines the fundamental rule of law. Adding millions of workers to the labor market will force wages to fall and jobs to be lost. I support proposals that will secure our border, enforce our current laws, and restore an orderly and fair process to allow law abiding individuals to work towards becoming citizens of this great nation.

Term Limits

I am a strong proponent of term limits for members of Congress. Career politicians and special moneyed interests have corrupted our democratic system.  I pledge to support and submit legislation that enforces term limits. Ideally, Congressional term limits would be for 12 years total, across both The House and The Senate. Thus, I pledge to term limit myself to 12 years in Congress.

2nd Amendment

I will oppose any efforts to undermine or limit the Constitutional right to bear arms.

I am a strong supporter of gun rights. The right to keep and bear arms is a fundamental right enshrined in the constitution for a reason - it provides the people with the ultimate guarantee of sovereignty. I will oppose any back door attempts to confiscate guns or create a national gun registry. All too frequently the knee jerk reaction to tragedies by the media and chattering class is to move to restrict our rights. In Congress, I will be a steady and firm supporter of our 2nd amendment rights at all times - not just when it is convenient. Our founding documents make it clear that our inalienable rights come from God and that the job of the government is to ensure and protect those God given rights. I intend to keep it that way.

Education

As an economist and educator for eighteen years, I understand the value of a good education. This is why I oppose top down approaches by the Federal Government such as Common Core and No Child Left Behind. I will support efforts to place Virginia’s teachers, parents, and local officials, who best understand the needs of the community, in control of our education system.

National Security/Foreign Policy

Ronald Reagan said it best: “Peace through strength.” A strong military is essential to the success of our nation.  We must secure our borders, support the Armed Forces, both at home and abroad, and maintain a strong national defense in order to secure our country’s future.  In addition, I support a full investigation into the Benghazi attacks.

Federal Reserve

I support a full audit of the Federal Reserve System.

Energy

I support a broad-spectrum energy approach that relies on the free market.  The private sector must be set free to invest in natural gas, wind, solar, oil, nuclear, and other forms of energy as we move forward.  Ending our reliance on foreign oil and moving toward energy independence is vital to the future welfare of America.

10th Amendment

The federal government has grown far too large. Our Founders envisioned a nation in which the federal government’s powers were explicitly listed and limited. I fully support the Constitution and enforcing the 10th Amendment and getting the government out of the way of economic growth.  I will work to bring power back to the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Individual Freedoms

The federal government’s abuse of our freedoms has spun out of control. Whether it is the NSA violating our 4th Amendment Rights by collecting phone records, the IRS violating our 1st Amendment rights by targeting conservative organizations, or President Obama violating our 5th Amendment rights with the indefinite detention of American citizens, our freedoms have been under attack and they must be restored.

Uphold Human Life

Human life is sacred, as proclaimed by our founding documents, and I will always support laws that protect life. Our fundamental rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness precede the existence of government and come from God, the Author of Nature. These core constitutional rights have been usurped by the Judicial and Executive Branches and must be returned to the people and their representatives.

Dave Brat Addresses the 7th District Republican Convention
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRai-bDYuFc

CANDIDATE COMPARISON:
http://davebratforcongress.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Candidate-Comparison.pdf

ABSOLUTELY GREAT NEWS! ABOUT TIME SOMEONE IN A NON LEADERSHIP (THEY PRETEND TO BE LEADERS BUT ARE SHAMEFULLY ONLY LOWLY FOLLOWERS OF AGENDAS) POSITION IN CONGRESS WAS KICKED OUT OF CONGRESS. THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE AWAKE. THIS UPSET PROVES IT, ONCE AGAIN!

NOW ITS IMPORTANT TO VET BRAT FURTHER AND HOLD HIM TO HIS CAMPAIGN PROMISES. IF HE FLOUNDERS IN THE FUTURE, HE TOO MUST BE KICKED OUT.

THE MESSAGE FROM THE PEOPLE IS THIS: IF YOU ARE NOT AN HONEST TRUE AMERICAN LEADER WORKING IN WASHINGTON WHO KNOWS WHAT TRUE PUBLIC SERVICE TO THE PEOPLE IS AND WHO KNOWS THEIR FIRST JOB IS TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, YOU ARE NO LONGER ELIGIBLE FOR OFFICE. HONEST BROKERS DON'T SUPPORT GLOBALIST AGENDAS AND SCREW THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD, WASHINGTON!

MORE OF YOU (HOPEFULLY STARTING WITH KEY POSITIONS) ARE GOING TO LOSE YOUR SEATS AS MORE AND MORE OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WAKE UP TO YOUR LIES AND SCAMS. WE HAVE HAD IT!

WELCOME BACK LARSON. YOU MADE MY DAY BY POSTING THIS NEWS!  

;)
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 10:10:16 AM »

Larson … hhmm … yes … in this one the force so great is.
Missed you I have.

;D

St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 10:29:37 AM »
Eric Cantor Loses Primary to Tea party Challenger Dave Brat:
http://www.infowars.com/eric-cantor-loses-primary-to-tea-party-challenger-dave-brat/

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 11:25:44 AM »
Tea Party Candidate Topples House Majority Leader Eric Cantor:
http://www.infowars.com/tea-party-candidate-topples-house-majority-leader-eric-cantor/

I am hoping Brat is from the good side of Princeton and American University. There is also a bad side of these two institutions. I guess time will tell!

AMERICA, IT IS WAY PAST TIME THAT YOU HELD YOUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES ACCOUNTABLE! EVERYONE MUST DO THIS NOT ONLY FEDERALLY BUT LOCALLY. THESE PEOPLE ARE OUT OF CONTROL AND SELLING YOU DOWN THE RIVER. TIME TO DO SOMETHING AND IT MUST START BY GETTING THE ATTENTION OF EVERY ELECTED OFFICIAL AND SAYING "YOU WILL WORK FOR US, OR YOU ARE FIRED"! NO MORE CHANCES! YOUR JOB IS TO WORK FOR THE PEOPLE, NOT LOBBYISTS WHO BRIBE YOU BY FUNDING YOUR CAMPAIGNS TO KEEP YOU IN OFFICE SO YOU WORK FOR THEM. THE DAYS OF LITTLE BOYZ IN OFFICE WHO HAVE NO INTEGRITY NEEDS TO BE OVER AND YESTERDAY!

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 01:14:33 PM »
Meet Candidate who beat Eric Cantor:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/dave-brat-meet-candidate-beat-eric-cantor/story?id=24081628

This is just the beginning! AMERICA IS SO AWAKE! There is no way Virginia was going to allow Cantor to be rewarded for screwing the American people by getting to the Speaker's chair which was where he was headed next. HURRAY, VIRGINIANS, FOR STANDING UP!

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 01:38:26 PM »
Listen to what little boy, arrogant Chuck Schumer is saying about Cantor's defeat. NY are you people stunned? Why have you not fired Chuck Schumer? Chuck, you are an absolute joke of a leader, and NY you are fools for not firing this jerk!
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/209009-schumer-cantor-was-obstacle-on-immigration

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2014, 01:42:02 PM »
Report: Cantor to Leave Leadership: (Ok, if they put another guy in this position who goes forward with Immigration reform, you will know something is up with this upset. Let's hope that is not going to be the case.)
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/209011-report-cantor-to-leave-leadership

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 05:47:56 PM »
Childish, non leader, Democrats waste no time attacking David Brat:
http://www.infowars.com/democrats-waste-no-time-attacking-david-brat/

ESTABLISHMENT REPUBLICANS AND IDIOT DEMOCRATS (WHO REALLY WORK TOGETHER), YOU GUYS HAVE A PROBLEM, BESIDES YOUR TOTAL DISHONESTY! AMERICANS ARE NO LONGER GOING TO TOLERATE YOUR TREASON! YOU ARE DONE!

::)

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 08:29:45 PM »

More Facts About The Tea-Party's
"Goliath-Slayer" David Brat

Tyler Durden   06/11/2014

EXCERPTS:
Slowly but surely, more is being revealed about Eric Cantor's unknown until now (so unknown that his Wikipedia entry was only two sentences before Tuesday night) nemesis, the anti-big business, anti-Wall Street, anti establishment "Goliath-slayer" David Brat. In addition to our profile from this morning, here is the latest compilation of biographical factoids about the suddenly uber-famous tea party activist, who has written about the role of religion in economic growth. He is also a fan of the pro-capitalist novelist Ayn Rand. Here are some facts about Brat from Reuters.

…. Brat teaches a class on Rand's thinking underwritten by Rand admirer and former banking chief executive John Allison, who is promoting the class to counter what he sees as anti-capitalist thinking at U.S. institutions.

…. Brat has in published work found fault with a 2001 paper by Ben Bernanke, who would later become chairman of the Federal Reserve, that said long-term growth was mostly determined by variables such as saving rates, population growth and levels of education. Brat said that Bernanke had overlooked the role of Protestantism, which he said created conditions conducive to strong economic performance.

…. “If markets are bad, which they are, that means people are bad, which they are. Want good markets? Change the people. If there are not nervous twitches in the pews when we preach, then we are not doing our jobs.”

…. "The government holds a monopoly on violence. Any law that we vote for is ultimately backed by the full force of our government and military. Do we trust institutions of the government to ensure justice?”

…. “If we are ever going to be transformers of culture, we need to get our story straight on capitalism and faith,” Brat wrote in 2011. "The two can go together and they had better go together, or we will not transform anything.”

READ ARTICLE HERE~~~>http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-06-11/more-facts-about-tea-partys-goliath-slayer-david-brat

St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2014, 01:14:22 PM »
The People Struggle to find and retain representation - Representative Brat is a marked man should he win
http://www.infowars.com/the-people-struggle-to-find-and-retain-representation/

Dave Brat, a professor of economics at Virginia’s Randolph-Macon College, is a marked man. Professor Brat defeated Republican House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, a prime trophy of the Israel Lobby. I doubt that Eric Cantor ever lost an opportunity to place Israel’s interests above the interests of his constituents. Under US laws, Cantor should have been required to register as a foreign agent.

The Israel Lobby is one of the six powerful interest groups that rule the US. The Israel Lobby has a perfect record of destroying any member of the House or Senate who dared to cross “The Lobby.” A number of its victims have spoken out, describing how The Lobby’s power was used against them.

Professor Brat’s victory over Cantor is not only an affront to the Israel Lobby but also an assault on its power. The Lobby will not take this lying down. Professor Brat had better not think that the attractive sexy women who suddenly are interested in him are attracted by his new status as a US Representative and a topic of conversation. The irresistible women will be on a well paid mission to cause a scandal.

Who is AIPAC?  The Israel Lobby that has had way too much influence in DC  and its time to curtail that influence once and for all:
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showtopic=472

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2014, 01:52:25 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/06/11/us/politics/where-cantor-won-and-lost.html?_r=0
Where Eric Cantor Won and Lost

In a stunning upset, David Brat, a Tea Party-backed economics professor, defeated Eric Cantor, the House majority leader, in Tuesday’s Republican primary for Virginia’s Seventh Congressional District.

[ not his district but nearby is Fairfax County Virginia: ]

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/demogrph/datavis/datavis_pdf/international_migration_datavis.pdf

Fairfax County is a diverse and thriving urban county. As the most populous jurisdiction in both Virginia and the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, the county's population exceeds that of eight states and the District of Columbia.  The median household income of Fairfax County is one of the highest in the nation and over half of its adult residents have four-year college degrees or more educational attainment

Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2014, 02:04:11 PM »
Political Earthquake as David Brat Handily Defeats Eric Cantor in Primary
http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/06/political_earthquake_as_david_brat_handily_defeats_eric_cantor_in_primary.html

Political Earthquake as David Brat Handily Defeats Eric Cantor in Primary
By Thomas Lifson

Reports of the Tea Party’s death have been highly exaggerated. The Republican Establishment and (the United States Chamber of Commerce) suffered a humiliating defeat in Virginia 7th Congressional District, as Eric Cantor lost his primary race to David Brat, in a race that was not even close, with over 55.6 percent of the vote to Cantor’s 44.4, according to preliminary results at this time of writing.

Brat was a Tea Party challenger who has defied the establishment and media cant that holds that the Tea Party is on the way out. An intelligent, articulate, and principled conservative, Brat has an excellent chance of winning the general election in a Republican-leaning district. Should the Establishment goad Cantor into a write-in campaign, that could conceivably hand the seat to the Democrats. But so far Cantor has not given any indication of such a move being in prospect.

MORE REAL AMERICANS NEED TO KNOCK OUT INCUMBENTS THE SAME WAY BRAT DID. THIS SHOULD KEEP HAPPENING UNTIL ALL OF THE TRAITORS ARE REMOVED FROM OFFICE! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

EVERY LOWLIFE CONGRESSMAN MAY AS WELL AS GO AHEAD AND RESIGN, LIKE ROCKEFELLER AND OTHERS ARE DOING, BECAUSE YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED IN OFFICE! WE WILL NO LONGER SUPPORT SPINELESS  MINIONS OF THE GLOBALISTS WHO JUST TAKE ORDERS, OR TRAITORS! IF YOU CAN'T THINK FOR YOURSELF OR STAND UP LIKE A REAL MAN IN YOUR POSITION AS A CONGRESSMAN, THEN YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO HOLD OFFICE! IF YOU WILL NOT ABIDE BY YOUR OATH OF OFFICE TO DEFEND THE US CONSTITUTION, YOU ARE NOT WANTED IN WASHINGTON AND YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO HOLD OFFICE.

THE STENCH IN DC IS OVERWHELMING! CLEAN HOUSE OF THE SCUM TRAITORS IN DC (STARTING WITH THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN IN OFFICE MORE THAN 2 TERMS AND WHO ARE BETRAYING YOU), AND DO IT NOW DURING THIS ELECTION CYCLE! YOU WILL NOT HAVE A BETTER CHANCE THAN IN THIS ELECTION! DO IT, AMERICA. THIS IS ABOUT SAVING YOUR COUNTRY!

Offline chris jones

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2014, 02:55:37 PM »
His ideoligy  So far so good.

Obamacare
Obamacare has proven to be an economically disastrous law and an unconstitutional power grab by our Federal Government. The government cannot and should not be permitted to run and regulate nearly 20% of our nation’s economy. We must restore the relationship between doctor and patient. We must restore the relationship between price and service in medicine or we will continue on the Road to Serfdom. I support a plan to defund the law and replace it with free-market solutions that lower costs, improve quality, and increase access to care.

Fiscal Responsibility
Our national debt has skyrocketed, reaching over $17 trillion dollars.  What our leaders in Washington fail to mention is the $127 Trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities (see U.S. Debt Clock). This lack of leadership on both sides of the aisle threatens our nation’s stability and long term growth and forces an undue burden on our children and grandchildren. We must balance the federal budget by reducing spending.  I will support a balanced budget amendment which will force Congress to reign in the out of control federal spending and to restore confidence in the American economy.

Immigration
When addressing the issue of immigration, we must start by securing our border.  An open border is both a national security threat and an economic threat that our country cannot ignore. I reject any proposal that grants amnesty and undermines the fundamental rule of law. Adding millions of workers to the labor market will force wages to fall and jobs to be lost. I support proposals that will secure our border, enforce our current laws, and restore an orderly and fair process to allow law abiding individuals to work towards becoming citizens of this great nation.

Term Limits
I am a strong proponent of term limits for members of Congress. Career politicians and special moneyed interests have corrupted our democratic system.  I pledge to support and submit legislation that enforces term limits. Ideally, Congressional term limits would be for 12 years total, across both The House and The Senate. Thus, I pledge to term limit myself to 12 years in Congress.

2nd Amendment
I will oppose any efforts to undermine or limit the Constitutional right to bear arms.

I am a strong supporter of gun rights. The right to keep and bear arms is a fundamental right enshrined in the constitution for a reason - it provides the people with the ultimate guarantee of sovereignty. I will oppose any back door attempts to confiscate guns or create a national gun registry. All too frequently the knee jerk reaction to tragedies by the media and chattering class is to move to restrict our rights. In Congress, I will be a steady and firm supporter of our 2nd amendment rights at all times - not just when it is convenient. Our founding documents make it clear that our inalienable rights come from God and that the job of the government is to ensure and protect those God given rights. I intend to keep it that way.

Education
As an economist and educator for eighteen years, I understand the value of a good education. This is why I oppose top down approaches by the Federal Government such as Common Core and No Child Left Behind. I will support efforts to place Virginia’s teachers, parents, and local officials, who best understand the needs of the community, in control of our education system.

National Security/Foreign Policy
Ronald Reagan said it best: “Peace through strength.” A strong military is essential to the success of our nation.  We must secure our borders, support the Armed Forces, both at home and abroad, and maintain a strong national defense in order to secure our country’s future.  In addition, I support a full investigation into the Benghazi attacks.

Federal Reserve
I support a full audit of the Federal Reserve System.

Energy
I support a broad-spectrum energy approach that relies on the free market.  The private sector must be set free to invest in natural gas, wind, solar, oil, nuclear, and other forms of energy as we move forward.  Ending our reliance on foreign oil and moving toward energy independence is vital to the future welfare of America.

10th Amendment
The federal government has grown far too large. Our Founders envisioned a nation in which the federal government’s powers were explicitly listed and limited. I fully support the Constitution and enforcing the 10th Amendment and getting the government out of the way of economic growth.  I will work to bring power back to the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Individual Freedoms
The federal government’s abuse of our freedoms has spun out of control. Whether it is the NSA violating our 4th Amendment Rights by collecting phone records, the IRS violating our 1st Amendment rights by targeting conservative organizations, or President Obama violating our 5th Amendment rights with the indefinite detention of American citizens, our freedoms have been under attack and they must be restored.

Uphold Human Life
Human life is sacred, as proclaimed by our founding documents, and I will always support laws that protect life. Our fundamental rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness precede the existence of government and come from God, the Author of Nature. These core constitutional rights have been usurped by the Judicial and Executive Branches and must be returned to the people and their representatives.

Candidate Comparison
PDF

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2014, 03:06:17 PM »

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/11/Rush-Limbaugh-Be-on-Alert-for-Amnesty-Push-Even-After-Cantor-Loss
New York Times: Ingraham, Levin, Breitbart Powered Brat Past GOP Establishment
Writing at the New York Times, Jeremy W. Peters notes the role conservative new media outlets helped propel Dave Brat to victory over House Majority Leader Eric Cantor in Virginia's primary on Tuesday:

If Eric Cantor needed evidence that his political career was in real trouble, all he had to do was look outside his living room window one night last week. At a stately country club about half a mile from his home in the affluent Richmond suburb of Glen Allen, so many people had come to see the radio talk show host Laura Ingraham stump for Mr. Cantor’s opponent in the Republican primary, David Brat, that the overflow parking nearly reached his driveway.

Ms. Ingraham was so taken aback at the size of the crowd — inside the clubhouse, hundreds of people crammed onto staircase landings, leaned over railings and peered down at her from above — she wondered aloud what was really going on.

“We all looked at each other, saying, ‘He could totally win,'” Ms. Ingraham said in an interview. “I’ve had two moments in American politics in the last 15 years where I knew there was a big change afoot. One was when I left the Iowa caucuses in 2008. I walked out of there and said to a friend, ‘Barack Obama is going to win.’ And the other was when I left that rally last Tuesday.”

Few people did more than Ms. Ingraham to propel Mr. Brat, a 49-year-old economics professor who has never held elected office before, from obscurity to national conservative hero. And few stories better illustrate how his out-of-nowhere victory was due in large part to a unique and potent alignment of influential voices in conservative media.

Crucially, voices like Ms. Ingraham’s combined with shoe-leather, grass-roots campaign work by a highly organized local conservative movement to fill a void left by the absence of support from national Tea Party organizations and boldface Republican Party names.

Mr. Brat may have been turned away when he asked for financial support from well-funded conservative groups, and he was largely ignored by the national and local news media, which considered Mr. Cantor, the No. 2 Republican in the House, a shoo-in. But he was a known quantity to the loyal audiences of radio personalities like Ms. Ingraham and Mark Levin, a Reagan aide and a revered figure in the conservative movement, and Breitbart.com, the website founded by the provocateur Andrew Breitbart.

Together, Mr. Levin and Ms. Ingraham reach nearly 10 million people each week. And the Breitbart sites log 60 million page views each month. Those audiences are heavy with engaged, politically motivated voters who turn out in Republican primaries — the kind of voters who came out for Mr. Brat on Tuesday.

Of the 70,000 voters yesterday in Virginia, I am sure 95 percent go to Drudge, Breitbart, Mark Levin or Laura Ingraham every day, multiple times a day,” said Stephen K. Bannon, who wears many hats as a radio host, a filmmaker and the executive chairman of Breitbart.
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2014, 04:35:21 PM »
Cantor's Loss Spells Trouble For NSA Dragnet: (To any other Congressmen who are supporting Obama and his spying network, you could be next to be fired, unless you stop this and now. No more excuses! we are tired of cowards and elite minions posing as leaders. ENOUGH! Act like men or fall like little boyz who are disgraced.)
http://www.infowars.com/cantors-loss-spells-trouble-for-nsa-dragnet/

Offline lee51

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2014, 08:23:17 PM »
When it seems in desperation there is nothing we can do with impeaching Obama or getting rid of the corruption everywhere in our country's leadership--then there comes a breath of fresh air--YES, we can VOTE!!!  I hope other States will soon follow Virginia in this change.  And I pray Brat will live up to the ideals and confidence the American people have in him to do his job right.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2014, 09:25:35 PM »
Source---CNN

Dave Brat. 56%

Cantor. 44%

THIS IS A MEGASTORY.

hey larson, good to see ya back.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2014, 09:04:33 AM »
Cantor: "I was in my district every week" (HE WHINES AND IS STILL CLUELESS AS TO WHY HE LOST! IT'S BECAUSE YOU DID NOT PUT AMERICA FIRST, ERIC! YOU WORKED FOR EVERYONE BUT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND NOW YOU HAVE BEEN CALLED ON YOUR ACTIONS! THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN TO MORE JUST LIKE YOU, WHO POSE AS LEADERS ON THE HILL BUT WHO ARE SERVING ANOTHER MASTER - THE GLOBALISTS!)
http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/state-regional/cantor-i-was-in-my-district-every-week/article_44c99684-f18c-11e3-a161-001a4bcf6878.html

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2014, 09:11:35 AM »
For White House, little joy in Cantor's defeat
http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/national-world/government-politics/for-white-house-little-joy-in-cantor-s-defeat/article_512ae86a-f213-11e3-a8a5-001a4bcf6878.html

WASHINGTON — For years, the White House saw House Majority Leader Eric Cantor as a chief driver of Republicans' staunch opposition to nearly all of President Barack Obama's agenda. Now, Cantor's stunning primary loss seems likely to make politics even more difficult for Obama.

Rather than opening a pathway for the president, Cantor's defeat could push Republicans more to the right and harden the House GOP's hostility toward the White House, virtually dooming Obama's efforts to pass a legacy-building immigration bill or other major legislation.

-----

Democrats are sure to exploit that dilemma. Already Wednesday, potential Democratic contender Hillary Rodham Clinton said Cantor was defeated "by a candidate who basically ran against immigrants."  (TYPICAL HILLARY COMMENT THAT HAS NO TRUTH, NO HONOR AND JUST STIRS THE POT FOR THEIR AGENDA!)

::)
America, you have got to understand that Hillary is a liar and part of the problem in DC (as well as anyone who represents the globalists instead of you) need to be thrown out of office, and never allowed to step into office ever again.

Look at how they talk (see Hillary's lie above). THEY ARE NOT LEADERS, THEY ARE MINIONS OF THE GLOBALISTS AND THEY ARE HELPING DESTROY AMERICA. IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE THAT OUT BY NOW, THEN SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG WITH YOU!

GET UP AMERICA AND KEEP CLEANING HOUSE IN DC!