Former British Govt. Head of UFO Investigations Interview

Author Topic: Former British Govt. Head of UFO Investigations Interview  (Read 4683 times)

Offline VibinHigher

Former British Govt. Head of UFO Investigations Interview
« on: May 04, 2014, 01:11:48 PM »
Hi all!

I was recently lucky enough to conduct an interview with Nick Pope, who used to run the British Government's UFO project at the Ministry of Defence. Mr. Pope has lectured all around the world on the topic, wrote several books, and been on multiple TV shows.

I know this is a controversial topic, but I think if you begin to look into it you'll find that there is very much reasons for the secrecy from governments around the world. Hope you all enjoy!

You've been involved in the UFO world for many years now. From your perspective, has there been a significant growth in interest for this type of information since you began?

Absolutely. My personal involvement in this subject dates from 1991, when I was posted to the Ministry of Defense's UFO project, so I've seen big changes in ufology. The first is the internet, the second is the advent of cell phones with the capacity to take photos and videos, and the third is the extent to which countries like the UK, France and many others have declassified and released tens of thousands of UFO documents.

I know that you often say that you've never seen any hard proof yourself, but is there a case you'd point to when asked for the most convincing (or perhaps most unexplainable) occurrence?

The most compelling case that I've come across is the Rendlesham Forest incident from the UK. It's what I sometimes describe as a 'perfect storm' of a UFO sighting: multiple witnesses, most of whom were military personnel; a UFO that was tracked on radar; physical evidence in terms of trees being scorched at the landing site, and radioactivity levels that the MoD's Defense Intelligence Staff assessed as being "higher than the average background". Add to this the fact that all of this can be backed up by the government's own case file on the incident, obtained under the Freedom of Information Act. I've just co-written a book on the case with the two main US Air Force witnesses, John Burroughs and Jim Penniston. "Encounter in Rendlesham Forest" is the only UFO book ever to have needed security clearance from both the US and the UK governments, which I think gives people an indication of the sensitivities involved.

Read the rest of the interview here!

Offline Due_Process_NonNegotiable

Re: Former British Govt. Head of UFO Investigations Interview
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 03:15:47 PM »
He's worked with known pathological liar Steven Greer, therefore I cannot take him very seriously.  So self respecting "truth-seeker" would work with that fraud artist.

Offline VibinHigher

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 10:50:21 PM »
He's worked with known pathological liar Steven Greer, therefore I cannot take him very seriously.  So self respecting "truth-seeker" would work with that fraud artist.

Hahaha, "known pathological liar"?

I don't suppose you care to elaborate?

Offline VibinHigher

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 10:59:39 PM »
Talk like that gets thrown around a lot in regards to Steven Greer, but I think it's all rather baseless. This subject specifically, UFOs and extraterrestrials, has been my favorite area of research for several years. I've read the man's books, watched virtually every interview available online, and have personally met him. And, to be clear, his work has only been a small fraction of my overall studies on the topic (though I will say that he's done more for the disclosure movement than most anyone else you could conjure up). I find the screams of 'snake oil salesman,' or 'charlatan,' to come mostly from wildly closed-minded individuals whose research begins and ends with a couple of YouTube videos. Which is disappointing when coming from someone carrying the 'Self-respecting Truth-seeker' banner.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 11:31:57 PM »
UFOs, people just don't want to go there its common trend to dismiss this as questioning is for la la landers. So whats the deal, it's avoided. Lil green me comebacks are standard, we have white, black, red, and yellow etc, can we truly explain that?.
  Ignore the possability, deny it and all is well.
My take, before we go looking to other solar systems for answers, there are plenty right here on this planet, we really don't know diddly about the true beginnings and the inbetweens of mankind,  there are a multitude of unknowns. The bible is not a history book, it is a spiritual interpretation of the times and basically the old testament it was written by a religious sect and their conflicts and interpretation spiritualy. How about before this.
 I like the bible and am godfearing, it all is not there, lets face it, explaining the giants is one factor many don't speak of for example,  that is biblical.
  I don't want to create confusion, though I want to maintain an open mind. UFOs, who has the evidence? historically who can explain the enigmas, the archeology finds. The mind blowers that have been excavated among hundred of other tads of evidence revealed and ignored by the mainstream. There are today  divert, various  races on this earth, how many more were there that have  been exterminated.
  Hey guys, there is simply to much that has not been revealed, I'll never live to see the truth to the deal as much as I would sincerely, & truly appreciate. My opinion has nothing to do with the real problems we face today. I mention this only as a desire I have to understand much more than we have been privy to..Sorry to get into my personell feelings on this.
  The privleged may have the market on the deal, we don't.  To late at this point in time to prove history may have been altered to suit the GP and keep them in controll. Doens't realy matter much on this site, I understand but had to say it.
  My intent was not of a religous nature, it's of a real  historical revelation.

Offline Sasha

• Sasha
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 01:17:20 AM »
So many issues to deal with all at once.

Yes, the bible is a historical text, mixed with allegory and metaphor and more.  If you doubt it, look up my professor in college's discovery of the Garden of Eden, Dr. Zarins:  

Proof of the Garden of Eden
http://izrahbanyahuda.wordpress.com/2013/01/28/proof-of-the-garden-of-eden/

As for UFO's being conflated with the subject of aliens they are vastly different fields.

Does anyone here think that that aliens traverse light years in order to menace Phoenix or East St. Louis?  much less the hundreds of sightings of the same said black triangles over Belgium and Holland?

No, these TR-3B's or there kin are more than likely Tesla tech being used by the same folks that like to put holograms of the Virgin Mary, the double-bar-cross, and a holographic UFO over NYC.  They are lording their decades of technological advancement over their adversaries,... us.

I'm not saying alien UFO's haven't been here.  I've read the late 19th century news articles about silver and rainbow colored cigar shaped aircraft that move at inhuman speeds for their times.  I've seen the medieval artwork about wars in the skies and watched so much about Zecharia Sitchin based ancient aliens that I've laughed myself silly many times.  None of that's to say that we haven't been visited many times, but stick with the facts folks.  The ancient aliens meme is a shallow play without verifiable archeological evidence.  

When someone starts talking to about the necessity of all the ancient people's of the world having been connected by aliens, ask them about the Jamon and South America; the Hopi and there ancient worlds; about the many flood histories that all point to a late Ice Age flood event that encompassed the globe and wrecked a rapidly developing global evolution of humanity.

Dwarka, Doggerland, Egypt, Armenia, Jamon, the tunneling cultures that stretched from Turkey to Scotland, parthenocarpic natufians entheogenic figs, etc... we have evidence that humans were far more capable than the ancient alien crew would allow us to believe.
Morality is contraband in war.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Due_Process_NonNegotiable

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 06:14:13 PM »
Hahaha, "known pathological liar"?

I don't suppose you care to elaborate?

You don't know much about Steven Greer then I take it.  Before I start "elaborating", I would suggest you do your homework first.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 09:30:46 PM »

Dwarka, Doggerland, Egypt, Armenia, Jamon, the tunneling cultures that stretched from Turkey to Scotland, parthenocarpic natufians entheogenic figs, etc... we have evidence that humans were far more capable than the ancient alien crew would allow us to believe.
              Hey Sasha,  the real history of this earth isn't common knowledge, like anything else that's not included in our schooling or airing on the MSM folks have to dig around, research. The human race, inhabitants, were not knuckle dragging morons.

Offline Sasha

• Sasha
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 11:29:24 PM »
              Hey Sasha,  the real history of this earth isn't common knowledge, like anything else that's not included in our schooling or airing on the MSM folks have to dig around, research. The human race, inhabitants, were not knuckle dragging morons.

Agreed, on both points.
Morality is contraband in war.
- Mahatma Gandhi