Obama stated: He will punish Russia.

Author Topic: Obama stated: He will punish Russia.  (Read 2933 times)

Offline chris jones

Obama stated: He will punish Russia.
« on: March 17, 2014, 02:47:20 PM »
ASHINGTON (AP) President Barack Obama on Monday froze the U.S. assets of seven Russian officials, including top advisers to President Vladimir Putin, for their support of Crimea's vote to secede from Ukraine. The sanctions are the most comprehensive since the end of the Cold War.

Obama said he was moving to "increase the cost" to Russia, and he warned that more people could face financial punishment.
                         I have a hard time believing this H.S. , what goes around comes around.
                                Peons, us, are in the middle of this.

"If Russia continues to interfere in Ukraine, we stand ready to impose further sanctions," Obama said. He added in a brief statement from the White House that he still believes there could be a diplomatic resolution to the crisis and that the sanctions can be calibrated based on whether Russia escalates or pulls back in its involvement.

The Treasury Department also is imposing sanctions on four Ukrainians including former President Viktor Yanukovych and others who have supported Crimea's separation under existing authority under a previous Obama order. Senior administration officials also said they are developing evidence against individuals in the arms industry and those they described as "Russian government cronies" to target their assets

Offline Al Bundy

Re: Obama stated: He will punish Russia.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 07:33:20 AM »
US President Obama signed executive order which said USA not lift sanctions against Russia until the return Crimea to Ukraine and President Putin stop supporting pro-Russian rebels in the east Ukraine.

http://www.state.gov/e/eb/tfs/spi/ukrainerussia/http://

Offline windyacres

• 2+2=4
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 02:58:27 AM »
This won't bode well with diplomatic resolve.
Be Prepared

Offline regmeok

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 12:33:18 PM »
everybody would be much happier if ukraine was dismantled ;/ unfotunately kremlin supposts that anti-russian project for 20+ years (not counting ussr era)

why crimea was taken is still surprise for me. however many russian companies dont work in crimea. and in accordance with ukraine-russian treaties crimea still ukrainian...funny thing that even bridge is building in accordance with russian-urkaine agreement from 2013.

it would not be surprising for me if kremlins ( 'gremlins' from kremlin ) will return crimea...

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 03:35:39 PM »
everybody would be much happier if ukraine was dismantled ;/ unfotunately kremlin supposts that anti-russian project for 20+ years (not counting ussr era)

why crimea was taken is still surprise for me. however many russian companies dont work in crimea. and in accordance with ukraine-russian treaties crimea still ukrainian...funny thing that even bridge is building in accordance with russian-urkaine agreement from 2013.

it would not be surprising for me if kremlins ( 'gremlins' from kremlin ) will return crimea...

Putin knew : now or never for Crimea back in Russia.

Offline regmeok

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 11:27:54 PM »
putin is soviet/nomenklaturian russian  (some ppl i read call him best ukranian president;) ). so he doesnt give a * about etnic-russian people and russian territories (including Crimea)... and as i mentioned technically it is not back ... imo better strategy was to leave it independent for a while instead of being stuck with cheese in a mousetrap. so i have only one explanation - RusFed was forced or tricked to take it. the only question is by who/how ;)

the version that usa, ukraine and RF negotiated the implementation of such process seems also plausable (but surely not with gaps.)
for example
usa 'strongly 'reccomend' ukraine not to be involved in any activity (incl military) in crimea (before it was seized)
as a result ukraine resolves electoral question and get rid of 2mil ppl which in its current economic and political situation is a plus
petro still earn cash in RF. and RF still sponsors ukraine (after maidan even more vigorously) with a piles of cash and litres of fuel (for ukraine army) (...and coal, and energy, gas discounts)

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 06:59:14 PM »
Putin: White House uses Russia scaremongering to manipulate Americans

https://www.rt.com/usa/362529-putin-russia-us-election/http://