The Great Vitamin-D Scam

Author Topic: The Great Vitamin-D Scam  (Read 14202 times)

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
The Great Vitamin-D Scam
« on: March 11, 2014, 11:39:43 AM »
The Great Vitamin-D Scam

By Joshua Corn

By now, you’re probably aware of the importance of vitamin D. Beyond supporting strong bones and muscles, a healthy immune system and an active brain, research shows that maintaining optimal vitamin D levels can help you avoid a wide range of chronic health problems and live a longer, healthier life.[1,2,3]

The unfortunate fact, however, is that most of us have critically low levels of vitamin D, due to the fact that we don’t spend enough time in the sun. And when we do venture outdoors, we often go out of our way to “protect” ourselves from the sun’s ravages.

Guess What? You’re Probably Vitamin D Deficient

Unfortunately, despite growing awareness of the role vitamin D plays in maintaining optimal health, leading experts estimate that up to 75% of all adults are low in vitamin D![4] The problem is that most people mistakenly assume that their vitamin D levels are just fine, even though the odds are stacked against them. The fact is, unless you are taking steps to maintain healthy vitamin D levels, you are most likely vitamin D deficient.

Why Are So Many People at Risk?

Vitamin D deficiency has become a global epidemic for one simple reason: people don’t get enough sun exposure. The human body only produces vitamin D in response to ultraviolet rays from the sun. While our bodies are designed to spend most of our time outdoors, the majority of us spend our days confined inside buildings. Ultraviolet rays cannot penetrate glass, so even if you’re in a car or in a sunny room, your body is not producing vitamin D.

Additionally, your body’s vitamin D production becomes less efficient with age, and the fact that people are living longer means that a growing number of older people are severely deficient.

Don’t Get Scammed: The Sun Is Not “Evil”

For years now, misinformed doctors, as well as the sunscreen and cosmetics industries, have made the sun out to be the “boogey man.” They advise that the sun’s rays are very damaging, and this has scared us into believing that we should never so much as leave the house without wearing sunscreen.

Yet breakthrough research has shown that wearing sunscreen significantly interferes with the body’s ability to produce vitamin D from sun exposure. In fact, many experts now recommend limited daily exposure to the sun without sunscreen.

However, for most people, the issue is more about not being able to spend enough time outside to produce adequate amounts of vitamin D regardless.

What Are the Signs of Deficiency?

Vitamin D deficiency may be symptomless at first, but as it progresses it often causes depression, cognitive problems, chronic pain, fragile bones and a weak immune system. Even more troubling is that studies have linked low vitamin D levels to increased risk for serious health conditions that can result in premature death.[5,6,7]

Sadly, many people are given a cocktail of pharmaceutical drugs to “treat” a simple nutritional deficiency. If you have any nagging concerns that your doctor seemingly can’t resolve, increasing your body’s vitamin D levels may just be the natural remedy you’ve been searching for.

The Best Way to Make Sure You’re Protected

There are only two ways to get vitamin D in the amounts you need for optimal health: sun exposure and vitamin D supplementation. You can’t get it from food, despite what the dairy industry might like you to believe. While some products like milk are fortified with vitamin D, in almost all cases, the amount used is far too low to correct a deficiency.

So for most people, unless you happen to work outdoors, a vitamin D supplement is a must. You may eventually want to get your vitamin D levels tested by your doctor, but you shouldn’t wait to start increasing your levels. Vitamin D is one of the least toxic substances known making it hard to overdue it. The bottom line is that you’re better safe than sorry.

Don’t Take the Wrong Type of Vitamin D!

Your doctor is most likely to recommend vitamin D2, which is the synthetic form of vitamin D. Why? Because the pharmaceutical companies cannot patent natural compounds, so in order to make money, they have to create and market synthetic versions — even if they are proven to be less effective than the real thing.

Since your doctor is unlikely to send you to the store to pick up a natural dietary supplement, he or she will probably write you a prescription for the synthetic D2 version, which has been shown to be poorly absorbed and less effective than the natural form.[8] Just because your doctor prescribes it doesn’t mean it’s more effective! The better option is to take vitamin D3 (also known as cholecalciferol). It’s more absorbable and provides the greatest benefits.

Continued...
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline iamc2

Re: The Great Vitamin-D Scam
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 12:14:22 PM »
 Great info donnay; and you are correct that most people are Afraid of the SUN-the giver of Vitamin D.

We take 7000 IU tabs of Vitamin D3; and we take 2 a day. [if you feel sick take 4-5 a day]

Bought then from ; 'Life Extension' PO BOX 407198 FT Lauderdale FL 33340-9895/ phone # 1-800-570-3129

The prices are good: Cost for 60 soft gels/Vitamin D3 7000 IU is on sale for $2.50 per bottle!

"When the Truth was murdered:
Common Sense ran away..."

Offline iamc2

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 06:11:30 PM »
Great info donnay; and you are correct that most people are Afraid of the SUN-the giver of Vitamin D.

We take 7000 IU tabs of Vitamin D3; and we take 2 a day. [if you feel sick take 4-5 a day]

Bought then from ; 'Life Extension' PO BOX 407198 FT Lauderdale FL 33340-9895/ phone # 1-800-570-3129

The prices are good: Cost for 60 soft gels/Vitamin D3 7000 IU is on sale for $2.50 per bottle!

I have found the link for : 'LifeExtension'

www.LifeExtensions.com

Check the site out: and you may find some good products: at a good price.

pray this helps someone...peace my friends.. ;): and look for the SALE products... 8)

Offline iamc2

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 11:32:02 AM »

www.LifeExtensions.com

pray this helps someone...peace my friends.. ;): and look for the SALE products... 8)
Info on above product: for Vitamin D3...

Supplement Facts: 1 soft gel: Vitamin D3: 7,000 IU = 1,750% daily value/Other Ingredients: extra virgin olive oil, gelatin, glycerin, purified water, medium chain triglycerides oil.

Offline donnay

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 06:55:39 PM »

www.LifeExtensions.com

Thanks iamc2, but the link you gave is broken.

Here is are two places I like to shop for vitamins.  Pure Encapsulations, Metagenics and Da Vinci Labs are good pharmaceutical grade supplements.

http://www.earthturns.com/Search-Results-a/394.htm?q=Vitamin+D3

Vitacosts own label is good too.  I like liquid Vitamin D3 as my own personal preference.
http://www.vitacost.com/productResults.aspx?NttSR=1&previousText=Vitamin+D3&ss=1&x=0&y=0&ntk=products&Ntt=liquid%20Vitamin%20D3
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 07:03:55 PM »
Life Extension website
http://www.lef.org/index.htm

Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

The Great Deception - Forum/Library - My Research
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showforum=110

Offline donnay

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 07:16:15 PM »

Offline iamc2

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 07:20:39 PM »

Thanks iamc2, but the link you gave is broken.

Here is are two places I like to shop for vitamins.  Pure Encapsulations, Metagenics and Da Vinci Labs are good pharmaceutical grade supplements.

http://www.earthturns.com/Search-Results-a/394.htm?q=Vitamin+D3

Vitacosts own label is good too.  I like liquid Vitamin D3 as my own personal preference.
http://www.vitacost.com/productResults.aspx?NttSR=1&previousText=Vitamin+D3&ss=1&x=0&y=0&ntk=products&Ntt=liquid%20Vitamin%20D3
Thanks donnay: I checked out 'Vitacosts' and the products & prices look great: I will be ordering from them! Peace my friend  8)

Offline iamc2

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 07:21:36 PM »

Thanks Jo!  ;)
I second the Thanks Jo!

Offline donnay

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 08:52:24 PM »
On the Life Extension web site they promote a documentary; War on Health. 

Excellent Documentary!  A definite must see!

http://www.lef.org/lpages/waronhealth/index.htm

Offline Donovan

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 09:32:51 PM »
I was deficient in vitamin D. When I finally clued in that I might be deficient I went and got my blood levels checked. It came back at 3 ng/ml. I guarantee if I had dropped to 0 ng/ml I probably would have died (and I'm only 35 years old).

I was healthy in my early to mid 20s as a college student. I exercised, took a multivitamin, ate right, etc.  Then I started working full time after graduation. I never was outside, I didnt have any spare time, and when I did I was too burnt out from work to do anything. So a few years like that went by and I stopped taking a multivitamin. By the time I was 30 I started feeling odd.  I just didnt feel well. I couldnt pin point why or how, I just felt like something was wrong. I kept going to the doctor and told him I felt something was wrong, he'd do blood work and it would come back all normal. He'd say it was "stress", and I thought okay maybe he was right.

Then about a year later I started feeling dizzy. I'd have random anxiety attacks. My blood pressure was going crazy (jumping super high, then next dropping super low). I felt like I was dying. My heart felt like it was going to stop or have a heart attack. I was rushed to the ER several times because it literally felt like I was dying. They'd do tests and say nothing was wrong.  This carried on for another year, and it kept going away, and then coming back.  I noticed it started around in the Fall, then in the Winter it would be full blown and it would go away in Summer. I couldnt make sense of it.

Then by 33, I was getting sick, I got shingles out of the blue, I sprained my ankle badly by doing nothing, I kept pulling my neck for no reason at all, I had flus and colds non-stop, constant cold sores, constant cavities and teeth and gums were getting worse, I had constant sinus infections. I was a mess. Then the weird feelings got worse. I started developing joint pains, chest pains. I had bad heart palpitations and pain in the heart and lungs, then pain in the liver and kidneys. I felt tired all the time, I couldnt get up early, I didnt want to do anything, I wanted to sleep a lot, I couldnt concentrate.  I went, got checked, they did xrays, did ultrasounds, did MRIs. Nothing, everything normal (except my blood pressure was through the roof).

A year later I was at a loss for explanation. I knew something deep inside of me was wrong, I felt like I in danger and I needed to know why I was feeling like my life was going to soon end. I kept having dreams and visions of dying. It scared me. I didnt understand why I was feeling ill and bad when I was perfectly healthy.

Then I randomly came across a YouTube video seminar that Dr. Hollick did. At one part he started listing the symptoms of vitamin D deficiency and I said "holy shit, I have 90% of those symptoms". So I immediately dove right into researching it more. The more I looked, the more the pieces came together.

I went to my doctor and asked for the 25(OH)D blood test, and a week later the results came VERY LOW (3 ng/ml). My doctor was shocked. He didnt understand. He asked me what made me decide to check my D level, so I sent him the links and info (which he ignored and never looked into).

After the results I immediately started taking 5000IU per day. 3 months later I checked my blood levels again 21 ng/ml, still low. It was summer, so I started tanning daily at lunch time, I'd tan for an hour every day, right at noon, plus take 7000IU per day. Another 6 months go by, check blood levels again ... 41 ng/ml. It was winter, I bumped it up to 10,000IU per day .... 3 months later, checked again ..... blood levels 51 ng/ml.

So its taken me about 2 years to know my body needs at least to 8000IU per day in order to keep my blood levels above 50 ng/ml.  I'm staying on 8000IU per day to see if my blood levels will keep going higher or it has plateaued.  My goal is to have my blood levels around 70 - 90 ng/ml.

But all of my symptoms have vanished completely, blood pressure normal, no pains, no tiredness, not one single cold/flu/cold sore/infection in over two years. I feel like I'm a teenager. It took 3 months from starting high dose vitamin D for my symptoms to start going away, but it took a year for them to go away to the point I didnt notice them anymore, then another year after to supercharge myself to feel like I used to.

So it takes a long time, and I was strict. I took D every single day and never missed a dose.

I learnt my lesson. I'm going to try extra hard to get midday hot summer sunlight on my skin (with no sun block) every day.

PS - anyone living above Atlanta, Georgia .... you cannot make ANY vitamin D from sunlight from September to April. To make enough you need to be in direct sunlight, on a clear and cloudless day, between 11am and 2pm, in summer, for 30mins, with your face, legs, and arms all exposed, with no sun block.

Offline iamc2

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 10:03:01 PM »
On the Life Extension web site they promote a documentary; War on Health. 

Excellent Documentary!  A definite must see!

http://www.lef.org/lpages/waronhealth/index.htm
Nice find my friend  ;); and this vid. is RIGHT on Target!

Love how they expose all of the eugenic Nazi tactics.

You are spot on: as this is a MUST SEE for Truth Seekers!!! 8)

Offline iamc2

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 10:09:26 PM »
I was deficient in vitamin D. When I finally clued in that I might be deficient I went and got my blood levels checked. It came back at 3 ng/ml. I guarantee if I had dropped to 0 ng/ml I probably would have died (and I'm only 35 years old).

I was healthy in my early to mid 20s as a college student. I exercised, took a multivitamin, ate right, etc.  Then I started working full time after graduation. I never was outside, I didnt have any spare time, and when I did I was too burnt out from work to do anything. So a few years like that went by and I stopped taking a multivitamin. By the time I was 30 I started feeling odd.  I just didnt feel well. I couldnt pin point why or how, I just felt like something was wrong. I kept going to the doctor and told him I felt something was wrong, he'd do blood work and it would come back all normal. He'd say it was "stress", and I thought okay maybe he was right.

Then about a year later I started feeling dizzy. I'd have random anxiety attacks. My blood pressure was going crazy (jumping super high, then next dropping super low). I felt like I was dying. My heart felt like it was going to stop or have a heart attack. I was rushed to the ER several times because it literally felt like I was dying. They'd do tests and say nothing was wrong.  This carried on for another year, and it kept going away, and then coming back.  I noticed it started around in the Fall, then in the Winter it would be full blown and it would go away in Summer. I couldnt make sense of it.

Then by 33, I was getting sick, I got shingles out of the blue, I sprained my ankle badly by doing nothing, I kept pulling my neck for no reason at all, I had flus and colds non-stop, constant cold sores, constant cavities and teeth and gums were getting worse, I had constant sinus infections. I was a mess. Then the weird feelings got worse. I started developing joint pains, chest pains. I had bad heart palpitations and pain in the heart and lungs, then pain in the liver and kidneys. I felt tired all the time, I couldnt get up early, I didnt want to do anything, I wanted to sleep a lot, I couldnt concentrate.  I went, got checked, they did xrays, did ultrasounds, did MRIs. Nothing, everything normal (except my blood pressure was through the roof).

A year later I was at a loss for explanation. I knew something deep inside of me was wrong, I felt like I in danger and I needed to know why I was feeling like my life was going to soon end. I kept having dreams and visions of dying. It scared me. I didnt understand why I was feeling ill and bad when I was perfectly healthy.

Then I randomly came across a YouTube video seminar that Dr. Hollick did. At one part he started listing the symptoms of vitamin D deficiency and I said "holy shit, I have 90% of those symptoms". So I immediately dove right into researching it more. The more I looked, the more the pieces came together.

I went to my doctor and asked for the 25(OH)D blood test, and a week later the results came VERY LOW (3 ng/ml). My doctor was shocked. He didnt understand. He asked me what made me decide to check my D level, so I sent him the links and info (which he ignored and never looked into).

After the results I immediately started taking 5000IU per day. 3 months later I checked my blood levels again 21 ng/ml, still low. It was summer, so I started tanning daily at lunch time, I'd tan for an hour every day, right at noon, plus take 7000IU per day. Another 6 months go by, check blood levels again ... 41 ng/ml. It was winter, I bumped it up to 10,000IU per day .... 3 months later, checked again ..... blood levels 51 ng/ml.

So its taken me about 2 years to know my body needs at least to 8000IU per day in order to keep my blood levels above 50 ng/ml.  I'm staying on 8000IU per day to see if my blood levels will keep going higher or it has plateaued.  My goal is to have my blood levels around 70 - 90 ng/ml.

But all of my symptoms have vanished completely, blood pressure normal, no pains, no tiredness, not one single cold/flu/cold sore/infection in over two years. I feel like I'm a teenager. It took 3 months from starting high dose vitamin D for my symptoms to start going away, but it took a year for them to go away to the point I didnt notice them anymore, then another year after to supercharge myself to feel like I used to.

So it takes a long time, and I was strict. I took D every single day and never missed a dose.

I learnt my lesson. I'm going to try extra hard to get midday hot summer sunlight on my skin (with no sun block) every day.

PS - anyone living above Atlanta, Georgia .... you cannot make ANY vitamin D from sunlight from September to April. To make enough you need to be in direct sunlight, on a clear and cloudless day, between 11am and 2pm, in summer, for 30mins, with your face, legs, and arms all exposed, with no sun block.

Donovan glad you are feeling better; and Vitamin D from the sun is best: but the supplements will help!

Get a nice Tan and take some Vitamin D...Peace Mate and GOD Bless.. 8)

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2014, 10:01:22 PM »

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2014, 10:15:28 PM »
Drugs that deplete Vit D
https://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement-depletion-links/drugs-that-deplete-vitamin-d

Everyone should check their Vit D levels annually, once you get your levels up to where it should be!

If you are on drugs, seek out info on what nutrients deplete crucial nutrients! Ask your pharmacist if you can't find it yourself!  Most drugs deplete one or more nutrients, and you need to know this!

Read Donovan's testimony above! More need to do the same!

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 07:55:39 AM »
Drugs that deplete Vit D
https://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement-depletion-links/drugs-that-deplete-vitamin-d

Everyone should check their Vit D levels annually, once you get your levels up to where it should be!

If you are on drugs, seek out info on what nutrients deplete crucial nutrients! Ask your pharmacist if you can't find it yourself!  Most drugs deplete one or more nutrients, and you need to know this!

Read Donovan's testimony above! More need to do the same!

IT IS SUPPOSED TO READ - If you are on drugs, seek out info on what DRUGS deplete crucial nutrients!

Also, make sure you are taking a QUALITY VIT D3 product. Some of the cheap ones in grocery stores will do nothing for you. (One way you can tell is to look for the word "cholecalciferol" -  EX: Carlson products are quality but also reasonably priced)

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 11:26:18 AM »
Other things you need to know:

Ask your doctor for a vitamin D test. Be specific and ask for a 25(OH)D test. There is another type of blood test for vitamin D, called  a 1,25(OH)₂D test, but the 25(OH)D test is the only one that will tell you whether you’re getting enough vitamin D.
https://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/testing-for-vitamin-d/

* The real Vit D3 is "cholecalciferol", the synthetic one is D2, ergocalciferol (this is produced by irradiating fungi. It's what they add to milk but isn't as effective and more toxic.)

* Correcting a deficiency takes 2 - 6 mths, and some may need to take their Vit D3 with a fat to help it metabolize appropriately - Carlson Cod Liver oil lemon liquid is an example of what you can take with it.

* Blood Levels should be at least 86-122 nmol/L (Canada) or over 60 ng/ml (USA).

fyi

Source: "The High Blood Pressure Hoax" by Dr Sherry Rogers (Pg 195, 196)
http://www.prestigepublishing.com

Offline donnay

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 11:31:07 AM »
Donovan thanks for sharing that.  I have had similar things happen to me a few years back.  Only for doctors to tell me all my symptoms were in my head and they wanted to prescribe anti-anxiety and anti-depressants.   >:(  I too, went on a journey and started researching to find that Vitamin D plays a key role in our overall health.

Here is where anyone can test their blood without going to the doctor:

Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy
http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/Itemlc081950/Vitamin-D-25-Hydroxy-Blood-Test.html

I did this and much to my chagrin, after taking 10,000 IU's for a year, it was only 28 ng/ml.  I make sure that the vitamin D3, I take, is pharmaceutical-grade now.

As a side note:  When in the summer, the best time to sit out to soak in the sun is when it is directly overhead.  15 to 20 minutes, you body will soak up 25,000 IU's.  It is important that if you take a shower, avoid using soap on the areas where you soaked up the sun, for 24 hours, as it will remove the D that you soaked up by the sun.

EvadingGrid

Guess wot ?
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2014, 08:39:32 PM »
Want to make childbirth LESS painful?
High levels of vitamin D reduce the need for pain medication, scientists discover

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2795531/want-make-childbirth-painful-high-levels-vitamin-d-reduce-need-pain-medication-scientists-discover.html

Offline Owais

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2014, 03:59:15 AM »
vitamin D is very important for our body it give us energy power in our body.

Offline christinecpierce

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2015, 01:21:06 PM »
Life Extension website
http://www.lef.org/index.htm

The vitacost D3 is great, and I used to use it as well.  Recently though, I have been using liquid vitamins, like this D3 liquid from PureVites:  http://purevites.com/vitamin-d3-liquid 
Apparently, the liquid is able to be absorbed by the body more easily.

Offline Effie Trinket

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2016, 07:21:22 PM »
Donovan thanks for sharing that.  I have had similar things happen to me a few years back.  Only for doctors to tell me all my symptoms were in my head and they wanted to prescribe anti-anxiety and anti-depressants.   >:(  I too, went on a journey and started researching to find that Vitamin D plays a key role in our overall health.

Here is where anyone can test their blood without going to the doctor:

Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy
http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/Itemlc081950/Vitamin-D-25-Hydroxy-Blood-Test.html

I did this and much to my chagrin, after taking 10,000 IU's for a year, it was only 28 ng/ml.  I make sure that the vitamin D3, I take, is pharmaceutical-grade now.

As a side note:  When in the summer, the best time to sit out to soak in the sun is when it is directly overhead.  15 to 20 minutes, you body will soak up 25,000 IU's.  It is important that if you take a shower, avoid using soap on the areas where you soaked up the sun, for 24 hours, as it will remove the D that you soaked up by the sun.
D3 requires sufficient fat soluble Vitamin A to work properly.  Take at least 5K IU Retinyl Palmitate a day, you can't efficiently convert beta carotene to the fat soluble form (worsens with age).  Increase Vit D uptake by ensuring you're getting enough of the mineral BORON, 18mg per day is a considered an average max safe dose.