Rand Paul on His Vote to Confirm Chuck Hagel

Author Topic: Rand Paul on His Vote to Confirm Chuck Hagel  (Read 3351 times)

Offline dustypatriot85

Rand Paul on His Vote to Confirm Chuck Hagel
« on: December 26, 2013, 09:00:24 PM »
2/27/13 - The U.S. Senate voted 58-41 Tuesday to confirm former Nebraska senator Chuck Hagel as America's new defense secretary, but not without a little controversy. Four Republican senators backed Hagels' confirmation: Sens. Thad Cochran (Miss.), Mike Johanns (Neb.), Richard Shelby (Ala.), and Rand Paul (Ky.), as noted yesterday on TheBlaze.
Understandably, Sen. Paul's vote took some by surprise. After all, didn't the Kentucky senator vote against cloture before voting for Hagel's confirmation (answer: Yes). So there you have it. Sen. Paul voted against cloture because, according to him, he was angling to get more information on President Obama's nominee and he voted to confirm Hagel because the president has some "leeway" with his appointees.

Watch the Fox interview here [the senator's Hagel explanation appears at the 02:50 mark]:

In an attempt to figure out this apparent contradiction, Fox News Channel's Bill Hemmer on Wednesday asked the senator about his "aye" vote.

"You helped lead the charge publicly against Chuck Hagel. Yet he you voted to confirm him as Defense Secretary. He was sworn two hours ago at the Pentagon. Why the vote to favor him?" Hemmer asked.

"I filibustered him twice because I wanted more information, and I think when Republicans stick together we could get information. I was disappointed several on my side after they filibustered him immediately announced they wouldn't continue the filibuster so we never got the information," said Sen. Paul.

"I'm the same way on Brennan. I want more information on drone strikes in America. On final passage though I take the position that the president does have some leeway and some prerogative in who he appoints to political appointees.

"So I would like to get as much information as we can. I will stick with the party, if the party will stick together to try to get more information. In the end I voted for John Kerry also although I agree with almost nothing that John Kerry represents," he added

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st30fzq4QE8

Offline VERITAS777

Re: Rand Paul on His Vote to Confirm Chuck Hagel
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 08:36:11 PM »
You know, if everybody is going to nit pick about everything concerning RAND PAUL, then, (maybe) YOU should get YOUR stupid A, up there, & to SHOW (everybody) WHAT (exactly) YOU will DO, YOURSELF, HELLO???????????

In RAND PAUL, WE have a guy that is trying to do something, (very good), & we should be supporting HIM, & not looking for (every) LITTLE BS crap THING that We can FIND WRONG with HIM.... This country was not formed by people that were PERFECT it was FORMED by (imperfect)  PEOPLE that (really) TRIED, VERY HARD or (al) of  the THINGS that are RIGHT, & JUST....

Sorry, but, I am sick of all the people that have nothing better to do, than, to pick on RAND PAUL, one of the FEW (very decent) MEN that has EVER Stuck His Neck OUT, (all the way), & He has placed himself in (very great) DANGER for US, BESIDES, Hello???????????

He has taken allot of crap from both sides, & You do not see HIM whining about everything, NO, instead, He keeps on fighting for (all) of US, WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!