The super ship fit for a superpower

Author Topic: The super ship fit for a superpower  (Read 3573 times)

Offline dustypatriot85

The super ship fit for a superpower
« on: November 23, 2013, 11:54:40 PM »
The super ship fit for a superpower: America's $13billion aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford capable of launching 220 airstrikes a day rises from its dry docks
USS Gerald R. Ford will cost $13Billion when finished
Carrier will be equipped to launch 220 airstrikes per day
Ship holds 4,000 sailors and marines and is virtually invisible to enemy radar
Project faces criticism after becoming beset by delays and cost overruns
Navy plans to buy another three carriers, at a cost of $43 billion

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2439212/The-super-ship-fit-superpower-Americas-13billion-aircraft-carrier-USS-Gerald-R-Ford-capable-launching-220-airstrikes-day-rises-dry-docks.html

Offline chris jones

Re: The super ship fit for a superpower
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 10:55:10 PM »
 That- Surely is one deadly pup..

There are wars driven for power, greed, territory etc.. We Know and have all borne witness to them.

In the boots the standard SOP, we are the strongest, the best equipped, the highest tech, etc. etc.
 They were right, we were. The problem was the war was based on lies, cons , FF's.
 In one day a N.Vietnamese bridge was bombed into dust, they  put together a makeshift bridge capable of truck transport in a few days. The people were united and determined.
 Guerrilla warfare is not to be scoffed at, those whose cause is to save their people,nation, to maintain their honor, the same who are keenly aware they are correct and willing to do whatever is necessary to save their people..
 David took down Goliath with a sling shot, am I getting there, do you get my drift?.
Warriors with a cause, a true cause that is- are not to scoffed at or considered zits simply because the other has high tech war machines.
 Many may not agree with me and that's OK, I respected my enemy, their courage and endurance was to me -admirable. They were not motivated by money, power, or corporations.
 I have watched so many nations parade their military as if in a show of force, the reality I live with is any people who understands in the complete they fight for the very survival of their nation, people and family's must be defended at any cost is a warriors fundamental spirit, without this factored in  the equation high tech is on a par with Goliath.
 To imagine this craft is invincible , in my opinion only,is hype. Deadly, fortified, high tech, the giant of the sea, an engineering marvel, yes it is.
 When combatants at every level are driven by truth, when they know without a doubt they are right in defending their nation, the weaker and innocents, they are the most formidable weapon in every imaginable way.
 In short,,Defending is a honorable mindset, invasions are not.
 Sorry, I went over the top with a rant, it may be I'm on in years and concerned about the future of the young ones. I remain with hope this generation see's clearly who may be the true enemy.