Odd clue in Jill Dando murder

Author Topic: Odd clue in Jill Dando murder  (Read 4399 times)

worcesteradam

Odd clue in Jill Dando murder
« on: October 13, 2013, 04:00:28 PM »
Dec 6 2002
Final chapter in life and times of notorious pilot
By John Revill, Birmingham Post

The latest bizarre chapter in the controversial career of businessman and pilot Christopher Barrett-Jolley is astounding even by his standards.

Known as "one of the best pilots in the business", the flamboyant 55-year-old's final venture was to fly a £22 million cargo of cocaine from Jamaica into Southend airport. It was then to be dumped on the runway for a drug gang waiting in a nearby graveyard to run out and collect.

Barrett-Jolley's cover story was that he was working for "Air America", a supposed wing of the CIA. He even had an "Air America" identification pass authorised by a "Commander Milroy" and supposedly issued in Tan-Son-Nhut, a US airbase during the Vietnam war.

His fatal mistake was to include on the job a Serb hardman called Nikolai Luzaic, a veteran of the Balkan wars, to provide security. Luzaic turned informer and when the plane arrived at Southend Customs officers were waiting.

--------------------------------
Wednesday 25th February 2009
Jill Dando: Southend drug runner may hold clue to her death
By Gina Marden

A pilot jailed for smuggling cocaine into Southend has been visited by detectives probing the murder of TV presenter Jill Dando.

Last night it emerged the pilot, originally from Somerset, had been visited in jail in Gloucestershire by officers from Avon and Somerset police in connection with the murder of Crimewatch presenter Dando.

Barrett-Jolley is alleged to have told police he was drinking at a bar in the Serbian capital, Belgrade, two years after Miss Dando’s murder. He is said to have heard a man confess to the execution-style killing, claiming it was in revenge for Nato’s bombing of Belgrade in 1999. The account is understood to have been verified by two witnesses, which means Barrett-Jolley may now be formally interviewed again.

Miss Dando, 37, was shot dead on the doorstep of her home in Fulham, south-west London in April 1999.

worcesteradam

Re: Odd clue in Jill Dando murder
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 01:42:46 PM »
Jill Dando 'had kidnap and rape letters sent to her just weeks before she was killed'

MURDERED Crimewatch host Jill Dando received death threats just weeks before she was gunned down on her doorstep - but detectives failed to act on them, it was claimed today.

By NICK GUTTERIDGE
Sun, Mar 29, 2015

Fellow presenter Alice Beer said both of the women were sent letters at the BBC threatening to kidnap and rape them just four weeks before the tragic 37-year-old was shot in the head in an execution-style killing.

She told the Sunday Mirror that Watchdog host Anne Robinson also received death threats from a Serbian fanatic three days after Miss Dando's murder, but that the police had never investigated any of the messages. 

"There are a lot of questions I would like answering," she said. 

"They've been at the back of my mind. I waited for a call from the police after Jill's death - but it never came. Nobody spoke to me about the threat.

"Nobody questioned anything. If no stone were left unturned in that investigation then I would have been called."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/567098/Police-accused-of-failing-to-investigate-death-threats-just-weeks-before-Jill-Dando-murder