North Korea Watch

Author Topic: North Korea Watch  (Read 5277 times)

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
North Korea Watch
« on: April 04, 2013, 03:58:44 AM »

U.S. Missile Shield Sent To Guam After N. Korea Threat

Apr. 3, 2013 - 07:10PM
By AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE

WASHINGTON The United States is to deploy a THAAD missile defense battery to defend its bases on the Pacific island of Guam, the Pentagon said Wednesday following threats from North Korea.

The news that the ground-based system would be in place in the coming weeks came after two Aegis anti-missile destroyers were sent to the western Pacific to intercept any North Korean strike against U.S. or allied targets.

The THAAD (Terminal High Altitude Area Defense) is a truck-mounted system that can pinpoint an enemy missile launch, track the projectile and launch an interceptor to bring it down.

Guam is a U.S. island territory 2,100 miles (3,380 kilometers) southeast of North Korea in the Pacific Ocean and is home to 6,000 American military personnel, including Marines and submarine and bomber crews.

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20130403/DEFREG02/304030014/U-S-Missile-Shield-Sent-Guam-After-N-Korea-Threat?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
Re: North Korea Watch
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 04:03:31 AM »

N Korea seen moving missile after announcing approval for nuke attack on US

North Korea Times (ANI) Thursday 4th April, 2013

North Korea has reportedly been seen moving a mid-range missile into position for launch.

According to South Korean Yonhap news agency, North Korea's new KN08 Musudan missile has been spotted in the process of being transported by train towards the Sea of Japan.

It has yet to be confirmed whether the missile was carrying a warhead, but the sources forecast that Pyongyang is likely to fire it off around the middle of the month, when North Koreans celebrate the birthday of the North's founder Kim Il-sung, reports the Courier Mail.

The KN08 Musudan is still under-development and it is unclear if it has the range to reach the US mainland. Previous assessments have given it a range of 4000km - potentially enough to reach the US controlled island of Guam.

Any sign of missile movements and preparations is likely to dramatically escalate tensions.

Experts say North Korea does potentially have the capability of hitting Australia with a missile - but only if they're very lucky. While a well-prepared missile may be capable of reaching the top-end of mainland Australia, it would not be able to hit a specific target - yet alone carry a nuclear warhead.

In its latest threat North Korea said it has approved a nuclear attack on the US, as US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel warned Pyongyang to back down.

More: http://www.northkoreatimes.com/index.php/sid/213595865/scat/08aysdf7tga9s7f7/ht/N-Korea-seen-moving-missile-after-announcing-approval-for-nuke-attack-on-US

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 01:44:17 PM »

US miscalculated provocation of N. Korea, stepping back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOlDo9ykJXw

Published on Apr 23, 2013

Far from abandoning its atomic program - North Korea is now reportedly seeking international recognition, as a Nuclear armed state. The US had laid out disarmament as a condition for talks. But Pyongyang's official newspaper says if negotiations happen - it will be between equal, nuclear armed nations.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 01:57:37 PM »
Timeline The Road to War on the Korean Peninsula

LARGE IMAGE, CLICK HERE: http://www.aljazeera.com/mritems/Images/2013/4/5/201345131929284734_8.jpg

~Aldous Huxley

Offline wasabi

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 09:19:46 AM »
There is only one thing that truly differentiates this North/South Korea 'military tension' from previous years and that is 'incurred expense'. It looks like they are spending much more money than they ever have post Korean war. The art of war profiteering is how to most efficiently leverage public funds and Citizens' lives for private gain. So even though they do not spend their own money, "Profit = Revenue - Expense" still applies. They always seek to place 'expense' towards situations that gains the most profit.

What is their revenue generator?

Our media and street folks fearing/laughing about youtube vids and a test missile, a few skirmishes gained military equipment deals and military 'waste' deals but there's got to be something bigger going on this time around.

Offline cafelinhchi

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 03:43:27 AM »
will be difficult war on the Korean Peninsula. That is the reason for the North Korean proliferation and blockaded country