ANONYMOUS HACKS FEDERAL RESERVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author Topic: ANONYMOUS HACKS FEDERAL RESERVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4056 times)

Offline SCHOPENHAUER

• Nature is War.

Offline Due_Process_NonNegotiable

Re: ANONYMOUS HACKS FEDERAL RESERVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 11:11:02 pm »
http://www.infowars.com/federal-reserve-hacked/

Hackers Break into Federal Reserve Internal Site

Fox Business
February 6, 2013
In the latest in a string of high-profile hacking disclosures, the Federal Reserve confirmed on Wednesday that one of its websites was broken into by cyber hackers in a breach that reportedly leaked the contact information of thousands of bankers.
While the central bank said the incident didn’t “affect critical operations” of the Federal Reserve System, the disclosure is sure to fuel concerns about the cyber security of government websites and critical financial infrastructure.
The Fed hack appears to be tied to an Anonymous group that published on Twitter the credentials of more than 4,000 commercial bankers early Monday morning. The group, Operation Last Resort, said it received the documents “via the FED.”

http://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/2013/02/06/fed-says-hackers-breached-internal-site/

Offline Valerius

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 11:45:38 pm »
Government website?
"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass

Offline TonkaTim

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 11:58:36 pm »
I smell false-flag.

Offline EvadingGrid

• Toxophillite
  • Global Moderator
  • Rat Catcher
    • Mystery Babylon - MP3 Archive
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 01:36:43 am »
So we are just days away from the exposure and collapse of the illuminati ?

I don't think so ....
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Global Gulag

Offline chris jones

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 09:25:58 am »
 OK, so what is the info released?
 Banksters are theiving the peons money, getting caught and paying fines  that are in comparison to the money stolen (amounts) are insignificant. A slap on the wrist, ITS AN ORGANIZED CRIMINAL SYNDICATE.
 A pig fest, but your will not see these parasite robbing the elites coffers, never happen. But they have an open door to the peons of this world, seems as they have the green light from the masters, the untouchable crew on high.
  We are the parasites feeding ground, now that they have accumilated trillions, the day will come when we have fullfiled their purpose and our numbers are usless to them, a hinderence,as we humans are an anoyance, they will  attempt to divide and conquer, the culling has begun we see it, the G.P. doesn't. 

Offline compguygene

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 01:02:23 pm »
This is just a bit of a "publicity stunt" by Anonymous.  I know from my days of working as a Network Engineer that with the Federal Government and any associated Corporations, they have 2 types of computer security.
Type 1: Don't really care if this stuff gets out there, not really a worry or priority, just make it look secure.
Type 2: Extreme paranoia, this can never be seen, never get out.

Any decent hacker can get to type 1 stuff.  Nobody cares that much other than the obvious bad press.
To get type 2 stuff is the stuff of real spies gaining physical and logical access, not just hackers. 
You have to keep in mind some practical issues about computer security, they can only spend so much money on this stuff.  So, the tendency is to spend as little as needed on type 1 stuff, but spend most of the money budgeted for computer security on type 2 things, which is only the logical, sensible thing to do.

They might luck into some juicy bits of info just from the carelessness of Fed Employees.  However, I doubt they get any real evidence or damning documents.
We have no government armed in power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Our Constitution was made only for a religious and moral people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other. -John Adams

Offline LoudMcCloud

• I'm GrbG!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 09:45:37 pm »
Anonymous could be government posing as hackers to get legislation passed.  Who knows what is going on.  Something is going on, but what?

Offline TonkaTim

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 10:42:53 pm »
Anonymous could be government posing as hackers to get legislation passed.  Who knows what is going on.  Something is going on, but what?

That'd would be my bet. With all that has been going on... with the current gun grab effort. I wouldn't be suprised to see an effort to regulate & clamp down on the internet. Actually been expected a new internet regulation effort since the last one failed. Why I said - I smell a false-flag. They'll keep slinging "stuff" until it starts sticking.

Offline EvadingGrid

• Toxophillite
  • Global Moderator
  • Rat Catcher
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 02:38:40 am »
This is just a bit of a "publicity stunt" by Anonymous.  I know from my days of working as a Network Engineer that with the Federal Government and any associated Corporations, they have 2 types of computer security.
Type 1: Don't really care if this stuff gets out there, not really a worry or priority, just make it look secure.
Type 2: Extreme paranoia, this can never be seen, never get out.

Any decent hacker can get to type 1 stuff.  Nobody cares that much other than the obvious bad press.
To get type 2 stuff is the stuff of real spies gaining physical and logical access, not just hackers. 
You have to keep in mind some practical issues about computer security, they can only spend so much money on this stuff.  So, the tendency is to spend as little as needed on type 1 stuff, but spend most of the money budgeted for computer security on type 2 things, which is only the logical, sensible thing to do.

They might luck into some juicy bits of info just from the carelessness of Fed Employees.  However, I doubt they get any real evidence or damning documents.

What was the setup (roughly) on these type 2 servers ?
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Global Gulag

Offline TonkaTim

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 03:31:20 pm »

I'm thinking the banks are pretty much on a different server setup like a type 2, such as the atm setup, for security reasons due to electronic "money" transfer. Why my first thought that this is some sort of false-flag for ulterior motives.

Offline TonkaTim

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 06:24:09 pm »
I smell false-flag.

CISPA’s back: Hacking, online espionage resurrect cybersecurity bill
http://rt.com/usa/news/cispa-congress-reintroduce-act-825/

"The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection act (CISPA) will be reintroduced before the US House next week following a spate of cyber espionage and hacking attacks."

“An aggressor nation or extremist group could gain control of critical switches and derail passenger trains, or trains loaded with lethal chemicals," Panetta said. "They could contaminate the water supply in major cities, or shut down the power grid across large parts of the country."

Offline LoudMcCloud

• I'm GrbG!
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 02:29:46 am »
Anonymous is a fake.  They will use this false information to control the internet.  The funny thing about information, its hard to control.  I love a good cyberwar.

Offline compguygene

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2013, 04:44:41 pm »

I never worked with them or saw them.  But, from prior experience in computer security, I do know a few basic things that are always done to protect them.  For one thing, if these things are connected to any kind of Internet connections (they usually are NOT), it is not the Internet like you think of it.  As one network security guy with a background in really secure stuff from military applications told me years ago, it is all customized stuff that just doesn't use any "normal" things like VPN tunnels etc.  Since the protocols are well known, they are considered to be inherently insecure for the real secret stuff.  Hackers like are being talked about here are only used to breaking via known weaknesses and poorly updated servers.  They are not gonna get the kinda stuff that we really want to see.
We have no government armed in power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Our Constitution was made only for a religious and moral people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other. -John Adams

Offline EvadingGrid

• Toxophillite
  • Global Moderator
  • Rat Catcher
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 06:25:09 pm »
I never worked with them or saw them.  But, from prior experience in computer security, I do know a few basic things that are always done to protect them.  For one thing, if these things are connected to any kind of Internet connections (they usually are NOT), it is not the Internet like you think of it.  As one network security guy with a background in really secure stuff from military applications told me years ago, it is all customized stuff that just doesn't use any "normal" things like VPN tunnels etc.  Since the protocols are well known, they are considered to be inherently insecure for the real secret stuff.  Hackers like are being talked about here are only used to breaking via known weaknesses and poorly updated servers.  They are not gonna get the kinda stuff that we really want to see.

Well, my knowledge on these topics is a bit last century...

BUT, even back then, they did not use Public Networks, they had physically separate wires connecting there own private network. I doubt that principle has changed. I doubt that anything of importance is physically connected to the Public Networks.

I know most people think there is just the one big internet, and computers can only connect to that one big network, but that simply is not the case.

Conceptually, a simple model, is if two people use one phone line to directly dial to each others computers, then they never ever go through an ISP, and they never connect to the internet. In which case the only method a hacker could use is to clamber up a telephone pole and physically tap into the wires.

The protocol, is likely pretty stock standard, but with ridiculous encryption. I would guess they exchange keys via armed courier and not by electronic means. I would also take an educated guess that they do not use key exchange to agree on a one key both ways type method.

At least that is my best guess.

Global Gulag

Offline compguygene

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 06:41:05 pm »
Same educated guesses here, based on my limited knowledge and experience.

Offline iamc2

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2013, 08:10:12 pm »
The Federal Reserve has been 'HACKING' billions of dollars from the Hard Working American's since 1913!

If the F.R. was Hacked [which i doubt], I say "WHO CARES!"

The Make Believe Money Magicians will just FIX the PROBLEM with more MONEY from QE FOREVER!!!!
"When the Truth was murdered:
Common Sense ran away..."

Offline BlackMask

• Questioner
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013, 12:13:27 am »

Good point. I distrust the "Robin Hood" image. It also too easily validates sitting on the sidelines doing nothing because Anon is out there supposedly fighting the system.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 01:38:52 am »
I'm smelling false flag as well.

1.  Why would "anonymous" be willing to take the heat for the Chase zero balance accounts, for instance.
2.  Or, take blame for what is happening in Cyprus...

False flag, to blame anonymous...

Offline LoudMcCloud

• I'm GrbG!
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 01:54:12 am »
Yep.  False flag cyberwarfare

Offline EvadingGrid

• Toxophillite
  • Global Moderator
  • Rat Catcher
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 02:56:44 am »
Same educated guesses here, based on my limited knowledge and experience.

So the conclusion is . . .

Anonymous could not have hacked a real federal reserve computer, but just some box the intern did their website with wordpress on some go daddy account  :o  ::)  ;D

Global Gulag

Offline LoudMcCloud

• I'm GrbG!
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2013, 03:28:50 am »
Everyone is getting hacked with nothing taken of interest.  The government is just setting up to control the internet.  The population is so stupid.

Offline BlackMask

• Questioner
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2013, 03:58:54 am »
The bondage of a population reflects the character of the powerful.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

Offline Due_Process_NonNegotiable

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2013, 09:26:12 am »
Government website?

You caught that too huh?  The Federal Reserve's web site is about as governmental as the McDonalds web site. 

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2013, 03:32:21 am »
yep, here it is - "government websites"   

"...While the central bank said the incident didn’t “affect critical operations” of the Federal Reserve System, the disclosure is sure to fuel concerns about the cyber security of government websites and critical financial infrastructure..."

About the writer of the article Matt Egan (born in Bogota, Columbia)
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/30/nyregion/30entry.html?_r=0

Write to Fox News and let them know you don't appreciate their "news" that does not correctly inform the public, nor Fox's employment of uneducated persons writing as if they know what they're talking about - specifically, the Federal Reserve is not governmental, nor federal - it is a private banking consorsium.  As such, the Federal Reserve website is not a "...government website..."

email: Comments@foxnews.com

Chairman and Chief Executive: Rupert Murdoch
News Corporation
1211 Avenue of Americas, 8th Floor
NY, NY 10036
Phone: 212.852.7000
email: rmurdoch@newscorp.com, murdochk.r@newscorporation.com

President of Fox News Channel: Roger Ailes
Fox News Channel
1211 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
Phone: 888.369.4762