Alternative youtube like site for users in China?

Author Topic: Alternative youtube like site for users in China?  (Read 5936 times)

Offline GlobalCordon

Alternative youtube like site for users in China?
« on: January 12, 2013, 10:41:21 am »
I am stuck behind the great effing firewall here in china and wonder what other youtube type sites there are going. Most of the other sites i know of are blocked (although liveleak.com isnt strangely enough).

Its a damn pain as every link to a video on any site or forum is usually a youtube link and my proxy clients seem not to work anymore (freegate and ultrasurf).

Any help is appreciated thanks.

Online EvadingGrid

• Toxophillite
  • Global Moderator
  • Rat Catcher
    • Mystery Babylon - MP3 Archive
Re: Alternative youtube like site for users in China?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 10:51:39 am »
Your shit out of luck

They got more spambots than people in china, at least it seems that way to anyone running a server who bothers to track the ip addresses. As a result, many, many websites just simply put huge IP block bans on China, Russia and Ukraine.

The second group of servers to block are any kind of proxy... Again these are crawling with spammers, hackers and other internet low lifes.

So a whole bunch of Data Centers are blocked.

Of interest to truthers, most of the spam e-mail addresses are Google Mail.
The worst datacenter would be Amazon's Cloud

So...
The answer is to get a nice clean IP address from a server not located anywhere near the above.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Global Gulag

Offline GlobalCordon

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 09:33:23 pm »
Thanks for the reply, yea i figured as much.

It is a royal pain in the ass but not much i can do except move back to the UK (not likely) or pay for a proxy server.

On a side note sites like infowars, PP, liveleak, ATS, david icke etc all run smooth but drudge, LA times, are blocked. They have even managed to block the dark net..... Figure that one out.

Thanks for the info mate. Back to the drawing bored for me  :-\

Online EvadingGrid

• Toxophillite
  • Global Moderator
  • Rat Catcher
    • Mystery Babylon - MP3 Archive
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 06:22:22 am »
Thanks for the reply, yea i figured as much.

It is a royal pain in the ass but not much i can do except move back to the UK (not likely) or pay for a proxy server.

On a side note sites like infowars, PP, liveleak, ATS, david icke etc all run smooth but drudge, LA times, are blocked. They have even managed to block the dark net..... Figure that one out.

Thanks for the info mate. Back to the drawing bored for me  :-\

Look on the bright side . . .
At least you can got no problems getting a decent cuppa T, and a Chinese takeaway.

;D
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Global Gulag

Offline KD7ONE

• New World Order Survival
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 03:40:04 pm »
The answer to 1871 is 1776
I am one of the people, not a fictional entity created by an incorporated state issued Birth Certificate.