Mr. President, Your Children Are Surrounded By Armed Men...Security

Author Topic: Mr. President, Your Children Are Surrounded By Armed Men...Security  (Read 1166 times)

Offline 37

• "The President of what?"
I have recently heard the President and media pundits talking about banning semi-automatic weapons.  I find this interesting for the President, a man who clearly bases his level of security on having armed men around him.  Men armed with the similar weapons to what the shooter took into Sandy Hook elementary.  According to Ronald Kessler of Newsmax, and author of In the Presidentís Secret Service: Behind the Scenes With Agents..., Secret Service agents protecting the President-Elect at his inauguration were armed with SIG Sauer P229 pistols and  "fully automatic Stoner SR- 16 rifles and flash bang grenades". 

In the Presidentís Secret Service
http://w3.newsmax.com/a/aug09/secret_service/

This confuses me, because the President thinks my semi-automatic AK-47 is dangerous, and it's not safe for me to have it.  His family is "secured" by men with "fully automatic" guns, but I can't have a semi-auto to protect my family?  I shouldn't be allowed to carry my semi-automatic Glock handgun when I go to the mall or out to eat with my wife?  Should she just stop wearing her grandmother's diamond earrings and her wedding ring?

Pundits like Piers Morgan, keep pointing out that you are less likely to get shot in the UK where guns are banned.  What they don't mention is that you are more likely to be the victim of a crime.  The United States has a population ten times larger than the UK, but only has twice as much crime.  France and Germany, both of which have strict gun laws, are close to the UK for total crime.  The US, with it's concealed carry and "castle" laws has a lower crime rate overall.  That's a fact.  The terrorists who took over the planes on 9/11 were armed with "box cutters", which only worked because planes are "weapon-free" zones. 

Crime Statistics > Total crimes (most recent) by country
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_tot_cri-crime-total-crimes

Another thing that strikes me as odd about politicians calling for a gun ban is that the Second Amendment doesn't give me a "right to own a musket", or guarantee me a "right to hunt and trap".  It guarantees me the ability to be armed.  The "right to bear arms" is a rather vague phrase.  If I tell a cop that there is an armed man running down the street, they are going to ask what he is armed with.  What is his armament?  Knife, sword, gun, bomb, cannon...?  The Second Amendment makes no mention of what the arms are to be used for except to maintain a "free state".  Constitutional scholars agree that the founder's idea of a "free state" was one where men were free to do as they please without control from the government.

The Very Politically Incorrect Truth About The Second Amendment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igerQd0dpHY

Something else I don't hear the President or pundits mention is that the majority of the gun deaths occur in large cities where there are already strict gun laws.  The majority of the 12,000 people killed every year are criminals and drug addicts who live in poverty.  The gun violence in this country is clearly a symptom of economic disparity between the classes.  Guns are the weapon of choice for the poor, ignorant and mentally ill.  The vast majority of these mass shootings have been committed by someone on pharmaceutical drugs, which kill 9 times as many Americans every year than guns.  And, clearly we should consider passing laws that keep people on anti-depressants away from guns.  It has proven to be a dangerous combination.

One other thing I have noticed about the people calling loudest for a gun ban...they are largely the same people who call border security "racist".  Any attempt by the states to protect their border with Mexico has been labeled racist in the media.  If we want to have a gun ban, and take the guns away from the law abiding citizen, then we must protect those citizens by securing our border.  Which means armed military.  We do it in Iraq and Afghanistan.  The UK secures it's border to insure no one brings in guns.  Try getting into the UK with credentials they don't recognize... 

Iroquois Nationals Visa Issues Continue: Immigration Cowboys Refuse Entry to Team
http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2010/07/12/iroquois-nationals-visa-issues-continue-immigration-cowboys-refuse-entry-team

In conclusion, I would just like to point out that our society is based on a belief that guns = security.  It's where we put most of our money.  Whenever there is a disaster we send our military to "help".  We protect our most valuable community resources with armed men.  Our politicians are surrounded by armed men they call "security".  Our local police are the most heavily armed gang in our communities and we have them for "protection".  As I pointed out earlier, the President himself depends on men with big guns to insure the security of himself and his family.  It is incredibly hypocritical for him to try and deprive me of providing that level of security for my own family.  It isn't just confusing, it seems very un-American and just generally dangerous for "We the People".

~~~ Just needed to rant since Yahoo! won't allow me to comment on articles anymore...  >:(
"Whatever it is, I am against it."  -Groucho Marx

Channel 37
http://www.youtube.com/user/jmortimer37

Online chris jones

Re: Mr. President, Your Children Are Surrounded By Armed Men...Security
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 11:33:00 am »
Good on ya,      bumped!
  Add Pearce Morgan to the anti gun list, the NWO's face, security, body guards, etc. Just to mention.

Offline 37

• "The President of what?"
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 01:18:57 pm »
Thanks, Chris.

I need to edit that a little, but it does mention Piers Morgan and the media.  I have been arguing with my liberal friends about this topic and realized that they won't listen to the "you can't trust government to have the only guns" argument...they trust the government implicitly.  They really think that government and laws can solve problems. 

What I decided is that the tact one should take is to show the liberals that their favorite pet, big government, believes in using guns to provide security.  It's hypocritical for Obama to live in a house that has an arsenal and a bunker and then demonize legal gun owners and "preppers".  It's douchebaggery to the nth degree.

America is, overall, the safer place to live.  You are not likely to be involved in a shooting.  Your odds go up if you are a career criminal, hardcore drug addict, gang member or live in a poverty stricken area.  You are also more likely to be killed in a shooting in "disarmament zones" like banks, schools or government buildings.

The liberal response to Obama having armed men is that he is the president and people want to kill him.  No one wants to kill you.  Well, I don't have enough enemies to warrant a "security detail", but everyone who dies in a homicide isn't the president either.  The majority of gun owners own their guns for peaceful, defense and sporting purposes.  They feel the same security from being armed that the president feels having armed men around him.

Plus, our society clearly equates guns with security.

I really wanted to comment on a Yahoo! article about Israel refuteing the NRA claim about guns in their schools.  They admit they have guns in their schools.  And, they admit those guns are there to prevent attacks...the difference is that their guns "are for terrorists".  Like Lanza wasn't a goddamn terrorist, you know?  Shooting bunches of people is a terrorist tactic.  Israel has strict gun laws, but they also have more guns being carried in public than most countries.  And, they can't deny that they do that for security reasons.

I'm not cool with having armed guards in the schools, either.  American schools already look like prisons.  Maybe we should take a look at that being a factor for kids going and shooting them up.  Maybe we make them feel like animals, and treating them more like prisoners isn't likely to help.
"Whatever it is, I am against it."  -Groucho Marx

Channel 37
http://www.youtube.com/user/jmortimer37

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 01:51:53 pm »
I have been arguing with my liberal friends about this topic and realized that they won't listen to the "you can't trust government to have the only guns" argument...they trust the government implicitly. 

Michael Moore calls for banning guns, but then engages in doublethink.

And here's the dirty little fact none of us liberals want to discuss: The killer only ceased his slaughter when he saw that cops were swarming onto the school grounds -- i.e, the men with the guns. When he saw the guns a-coming, he stopped the bloodshed and killed himself. Guns on police officers prevented another 20 or 40 or 100 deaths from happening. Guns sometimes work.

www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-moore/gun-violence-united-states_b_2358115.html
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. Itís GLOBAL LYING.

Offline Mr Grinch

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 04:43:46 pm »
Ya know what gets me is that for all the squawking the gun grabbers can maintain no one (of them) seems to have asked themselves the question "If being disarmed is so safe, why do mass shooter/nutbars never ever seem to find their way clear to attack police stations or gun stores?"

Which of course leads to the logical conclusion that maybe they're (homicidal shooters) not as crazy or stupid as one would assume.

Obviously many Americans are oblivious to logic.

Perhaps if the right questions are asked some can see reason.
The History Of Political Correctness or: Why have things gotten so crazy?

Common sense is not so common.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire

Online chris jones

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 07:37:00 pm »
Thanks, Chris.

I need to edit that a little, but it does mention Piers Morgan and the media.  I have been arguing with my liberal friends about this topic and realized that they won't listen to the "you can't trust government to have the only guns" argument...they trust the government implicitly.  They really think that government and laws can solve problems. 

37,    well said brother. Human nature is a bitch, people want to be protected, here in the USA they expect it and deny any truth you may tell them, they need to feel protected, therefor we (truths) scare them, it's a hard pill to swallow. The OLE attitude it can't happen here is rampant- but its OK if it happens over there in some foreign land. The .01% lead the parade, their suckling supercorps and battalions of lackeys are well aware of the weaknesses of mankind.
 If only the G.P. would wise up & take a long look at the nation we are leaving for the young ones!