Infowars Limits Unreasonable,Degrading and Threatening Speech.

Author Topic: Infowars Limits Unreasonable,Degrading and Threatening Speech.  (Read 3691 times)

Offline geneftw

Infowars Limits Unreasonable,Degrading and Threatening Speech.
« on: December 18, 2012, 12:04:21 pm »
I try to post a comment, and this is what I get:
"You are posting comments too quickly. Slow down."
Why am I only allowed one comment per day (or two)?!
Why can't I comment all I want?

It's disheartening that even Infowars.com won't let us speak freely.
I'm a conspiracy theorist and PROUD OF IT.

Offline CheneysWorstNightmare

• F*CK THE NEW WORLD ORDER!
    • Youtube Profile
Re: Infowars Limits Unreasonable,Degrading and Threatening Speech.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 12:14:17 pm »
I try to post a comment, and this is what I get:
"You are posting comments too quickly. Slow down."
Why am I only allowed one comment per day (or two)?!
Why can't I comment all I want?

It's disheartening that even Infowars.com won't let us speak freely.

You gotta be kidding me, dude.  All message boards have these types of messages in their programs.

It's just put in to stop spamming. 

Offline geneftw

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 04:58:28 pm »
I am a member of other message boards.  I have never been told that I can't post but one message every day or two.  On the other message boards, I have never found a limit to how much I can post.  There are other ways to reduce spam without disallowing members to speak their minds.

The reason there are so many "anonymous" posts lately is because we are not allowed to speak as a signed in member.

Offline thinkingman

• Truth Advocate. Thought Provocateur.
    • jimcgreevy.com
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 12:12:59 am »
I am a member of other message boards.  I have never been told that I can't post but one message every day or two.  On the other message boards, I have never found a limit to how much I can post.  There are other ways to reduce spam without disallowing members to speak their minds.

The reason there are so many "anonymous" posts lately is because we are not allowed to speak as a signed in member.

You are allowed to speak here on this forum, and whichever thread you like. As long as you don't hijack or spam like a ding-a-ling (I have yet to wait a day or two between posts just had the please wait a minute or two between posting a thread or a reply). I can understand the time limit to curtail o.c.d. type responses in , and the multiple responses to a number of good posts forum junkies like me want to respond to. I enjoy a good read and great thought patterns shared here with like minded people. I wish they can catch the bots that post for sale website posts to whatever junk they are pushing. Perhaps you should just be more patient like I had to be due to alot of good threads people post.  Otherwise enjoy the ton of great reads here!!!

~thinkingman
"When Injustice becomes Law, Resistance becomes Duty."
~Thomas Jefferson
"For in reason, all government without the consent of
the governed is the very definition of slavery."
~Jonathan Swift

Offline thinkingman

• Truth Advocate. Thought Provocateur.
    • jimcgreevy.com
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 12:16:49 am »
I have just responded to another post and have not recieved a message saying come back tomorrow.

~thinkingman
"When Injustice becomes Law, Resistance becomes Duty."
~Thomas Jefferson
"For in reason, all government without the consent of
the governed is the very definition of slavery."
~Jonathan Swift

Offline geneftw

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 12:52:37 am »
I have had no problems on this forum.  I'm referring to the comments section of the news articles on Infowars.com.

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 03:30:34 am »
The clowns posting junk is much worse of an issue with the comments sections of Infowars. I guess some think because it's just a comment after an article, they can post whatever they want. Not so. Sorry. Past posters have made it the way it is.

Free speech as defined by the Constitution is limited. You can't say just anything anywhere.
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
1 Timothy 6:10 (KJB)

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 04:42:13 am »
The clowns posting junk is much worse of an issue with the comments sections of Infowars. I guess some think because it's just a comment after an article, they can post whatever they want. Not so. Sorry. Past posters have made it the way it is.

Free speech as defined by the Constitution is limited. You can't say just anything anywhere.

The Constitution protects your political speech from being censored by government. Government cannot limit or control what you say. I can counter your speech with what I think in response however, and government cannot censor or control my speech either. But if you go onto a public forum that is privately owned, the private owner has editorial control of his property and can set limits to the speech... this is not censorship, but is limits to what is considered appropriate for that forum.

When by your words a possibility of causing unwarranted personal injury or death could result, like screaming FIRE in a crowded theater when there is no fire... you can be held liable for the trampled and killed people. In other words you will be held responsible for your speech.

On the blog comment pages, as well as here, both owned by Alex Jones, there are posted rules... if you break them your post will be deleted. If you continue to break them your IP will be flagged and you will be banned. If you threaten anyone with violence and a subpoena is issued, your IP will be turned over to the Police. Threats of violence show intent and only a fool would do such on a public forum.

If you don't know the rules go read them, they can be found on the home page here, or right above the comment section on the blogs.

JTCoyoté

"Americans have the right and advantage of
being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries
whose governments are afraid to trust the people
with arms."

~James Madison

Offline chris jones

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 10:03:59 am »
 I have never had this problem.
I have been banned for a few days long ago for ranting in a violent manner, I was pizzzed to an extreme  & it was admitedly  out of line.

Offline John_Back_From_The_Club_O

• From Hell to Veins
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 11:11:29 am »
I stopped posting on Info Wars because my posts simply would not be posted.

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
Re: Infowars Limits Unreasonable, Degrading, and Threatening Speech.
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 11:51:44 am »
I stopped posting on Info Wars because my posts simply would not be posted.

That's curious... and may not be infowars fault... your post should show up on your screen if it is making it through to the site... If you post a flagged word or phrase (and there are only a few of these), or you post a link, your post will still appear for you but a disclaimer will appear at the top stating that it is awaiting moderation... If they don't appear at all, then something else, like your ISP is blocking it, or your IP is within a range of known psy-op sites... this may be what is filtering your posts.

Oldyoti

"A well-instructed people alone can
be permanently a free people."

~James Madison

• From Hell to Veins
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 11:56:30 am »
I think Info Wars message boards were / are hacked.

No policy-guideline issues in my NON-posts.

They would sometimes show up as posted on my end then, a refresh would prove otherwise.  Other times they would not even show up as ever being submitted.

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 12:19:10 pm »

They would sometimes show up as posted on my end then, a refresh would prove otherwise.  Other times they would not even show up as ever being submitted.

Hard to hack now... It's been a while since you have posted there, I'm guessing, dropped posts were a problem a few years ago...

Oldyoti

"A well-instructed people alone can
be permanently a free people."

~James Madison

Offline chris jones

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 12:23:40 pm »

They would sometimes show up as posted on my end then, a refresh would prove otherwise.  Other times they would not even show up as ever being submitted.
            DARPA's  hard drive is spinning, sure we are hacked, labled. Might not be a top priority , but were filed and logged.
Back in the early 60's Bell Telephone & Gov, land line word check was a flag and tag, imagine how far they have come. We have been given distractions in technology, great stuff, PC's, internett, I phones, Vid Games etc..tons of toys, agreed, can you get a grip on what R & D, DOD,CIA,Mil , etc has.
 I'm not trying to run off the map but we , on this site have info the general public isn't very interested in, so we are a step ahead so to say over average Joe sixpack, but we don't truly know exactly how far they have advanced do we. Guys like Telsa,( brains Inc) are recruited and controlled under the secrecy act. MIT Cambridge Mass is but one of many, spotters, talent hunters for the Ole Gov and their supercorp mateys.

• From Hell to Veins
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 01:15:13 pm »
I think I gave up posting there no more than two years ago.

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
Re: Infowars Limits Unreasonable, Degrading, and Threatening Speech.
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2012, 01:24:25 pm »
I think I gave up posting there no more than two years ago.

The servers and security systems were much upgraded about 16 months ago if memory serves... you might give it a renewed look...

Coyoté

"If the price I must pay for my freedoms
is to acknowledge that the government
was granted the power to infringe on them,
then I am not free."

~Pol Anderson

• From Hell to Veins
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 02:26:17 pm »
will do.

I will report my success or failure.

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2012, 04:42:36 pm »
The Constitution protects your political speech from being censored by government. Government cannot limit or control what you say. I can counter your speech with what I think in response however, and government cannot censor or control my speech either. But if you go onto a public forum that is privately owned, the private owner has editorial control of his property and can set limits to the speech... this is not censorship, but is limits to what is considered appropriate for that forum.

When by your words a possibility of causing unwarranted personal injury or death could result, like screaming FIRE in a crowded theater when there is no fire... you can be held liable for the trampled and killed people. In other words you will be held responsible for your speech.

On the blog comment pages, as well as here, both owned by Alex Jones, there are posted rules... if you break them your post will be deleted. If you continue to break them your IP will be flagged and you will be banned. If you threaten anyone with violence and a subpoena is issued, your IP will be turned over to the Police. Threats of violence show intent and only a fool would do such on a public forum.

If you don't know the rules go read them, they can be found on the home page here, or right above the comment section on the blogs.

JTCoyoté

"Americans have the right and advantage of
being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries
whose governments are afraid to trust the people
with arms."

~James Madison

Surely this post is a general reminder to the new and unknowing and not aimed directly at me? What's the deal?
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2012, 05:36:11 pm »
Surely this post is a general reminder to the new and unknowing and not aimed directly at me? What's the deal?

It merely extends the comments in your post I quoted...

You're telegraphing paranoia, Lefty... how unbecoming...(chuckle)...

JTCoyoté

"For the Defense of the Liberties and
Independence, of the United States,
against the hostile designs of foreign
enemies."
~Continental Army
Recruitment Poster from 1776

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 03:27:53 am »
I don't even bother trying to post there anymore - too many lunatics.

At least here everyone is (relatively  ;D ) sane.
War Is Peace - Freedom Is Slavery - Ignorance Is Strength

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

Online Dorrogeray

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 05:40:33 am »
IW comments are overrun by spambots and disinfo bots and god knows what else. Its rare to see a good comment out there. Its next to impossible to prevent it. Comments under articles are primary target because they are most exposed to the public. This forum is "sane" because only a few people goes here. We are a low priority target here.

Online EvadingGrid

• Toxophillite
  • Global Moderator
  • Rat Catcher
    • Mystery Babylon - MP3 Archive
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 05:49:46 am »
IW comments are overrun by spambots and disinfo bots and god knows what else. Its rare to see a good comment out there. Its next to impossible to prevent it. Comments under articles are primary target because they are most exposed to the public. This forum is "sane" because only a few people goes here. We are a low priority target here.

Your right, a large amount of those comments are not made by real people.
Fortunately for me I do not have to moderate those comments.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Global Gulag

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2012, 07:04:44 pm »
It merely extends the comments in your post I quoted...

You're telegraphing paranoia, Lefty... how unbecoming...(chuckle)...

JTCoyoté

"For the Defense of the Liberties and
Independence, of the United States,
against the hostile designs of foreign
enemies."
~Continental Army
Recruitment Poster from 1776

Unbecoming as it may be, I am human, and I admit when you quote me I get...defensive, considering history. Better to clarify than to misunderstand. ;D