Sen. Rand Paul Renews Fight Over (NDAA) Indefinite Detention of US Citizens

Author Topic: Sen. Rand Paul Renews Fight Over (NDAA) Indefinite Detention of US Citizens  (Read 5660 times)

Offline FrankRep

Sen. Rand Paul renews fight over indefinite detention of US citizens

The Hill
Nov. 25, 2012

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is bringing a new — and more aggressive — approach to a longstanding debate over the Defense authorization bill, threatening to filibuster the bill to get a vote on his amendment limiting indefinite detention.

Paul’s amendment takes a new tack to curb the military’s ability to indefinitely detain U.S. citizens suspected of terrorism by affirming they have the right to a speedy trial by jury under the Sixth Amendment.

His push to change the indefinite detention laws for U.S. citizens follows a contentious fight last year where liberal Senate Democrats waged an unsuccessful attempt to scale back the detention laws before an 11th-hour, watered-down compromise was ultimately reached.

Paul’s filibuster threat could throw into flux what’s already been a long-winding road to the floor for the Defense authorization bill, which Armed Services Committee leaders have been clamoring to get on the floor since it passed out of committee in May.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said last week that he would move to the Defense bill after the Thanksgiving holiday, and would allow for an open amendment process with a limited number of amendments managed by Senate Armed Services Chairman Carl Levin (D-Mich.) and ranking member John McCain (R-Ariz.).

The day after Reid said the Senate would move to the defense bill, however, Paul put a hold on the legislation, a move Paul took because there was not an agreement to vote on his amendment, according to his office.

Related Articles:

Sen. Rand Paul Takes On Government Bullies

Sen. Rand Paul Calls for End of Aid to Pakistan, Egypt, Libya

Sen. Rand Paul’s Bill to Protect Citizens From Drone Surveillance

Sen. Rand Paul Files Two Anti-TSA Bills

Sen. Rand Paul Wants Senate to Actually Read Bill Before Voting

Sen. Rand Paul Stands Against Reid's Senate on Iran

Sen. Rand Paul Unveils FY2013 Budget Proposal

Sen. Rand Paul Defends Property Owners from Federal Agencies

Sen. Rand Paul Blocked from Flight for Refusing TSA Groping

Sen. Rand Paul Warns GOP Voters: Gingrich, Romney Are Not Conservatives

Sen. Rand Paul Refunds $500,000 of His Budget to U.S. Treasury

Sen. Rand Paul's Stand Against the TSA

Sen. Rand Paul: Time to Repeal No Child Left Behind

Sen. Rand Paul Works to Protect State Gold Money From Taxation

Sen. Rand Paul Defends Israel

Sen. Rand Paul: End All Foreign Aid

Sen. Rand Paul Takes on Proposed UN Small Arms Treaty

Sen. Rand Paul Opposes Patriot Act Renewal on Constitutional Grounds

Sen. Rand Paul's New Tea Party Handbook

Offline chris jones

Representative democracy is a variety of democracy founded on the principle of elected people representing a group of people, as opposed to direct democracy. **w/ constitutional restraints?????. Hardly!!
Direct democracy[1] is a form of democracy in which people vote on policy initiatives directly, as opposed to a representative democracy in which people vote for representatives who then vote on policy initiatives.
 When folks say "we are a democracy by God and wiggle the OLE flag", are they informed.
Rands record appears to be enlightened, many of the issues we see as integral to the citizens of this nation are in line as if the people's voice was actually heard on that grand podium.
 I will get flack for this but I am of the belief when Rand walked into the WDC sewer he knew what he was getting into. There must be a percent of elected officials that are hardcore American/Contitutional, do ya know them, please advise me.
 There are two sides to this issue, one is this man is a true die hard constitutional hero, the other, he is the poodle on a leash being used to give the appearence of fair R democratic Gov. Which is it?

Offline FrankRep

The United States is a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy.

Offline chris jones

The United States is a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy.
  If we were not established as a rep democracy in the form of our governing body w/ constitutional law.?
 Our government /Representative democracy is a variety of democracy founded on the principle of elected people representing a group of people, as opposed to direct democracy.[1] For example, three countries which use representative democracy are the United States Of America (a presidential republic), the United Kingdom (a constitutional monarchy) and Poland (a parliamentary republic).
 I like the sounds of that,Constitutional Republic,
A Constitutional Republic is a state where the officials are elected as representatives of the people, and must govern according to existing constitutional law that limits the government's power over citizens.
 We are on the same channel , its a matter of semantics. P.S. the constitution has been hacked.

Offline ES

• Old Iron Sides: Enemy of Tyrannical Scum
Uh Oh. That Rand Paul is supporting the Constitution again. Quick, John back from the club of rome, give a post about how it is all part of a big conspiracy.
"My heroes are people who monkey wrench the new world order". - Jello Biafra

Offline bento

Easy to pay lip service to something much harder to walk the walk.  He has done enough stuff to turn people off it will take more then a few pretty words to regain trust... only time will tell. I say never trust a politician.
We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much and the best of us is washed away.

Offline ES

Easy to pay lip service to something much harder to walk the walk.  He has done enough stuff to turn people off it will take more then a few pretty words to regain trust... only time will tell. I say never trust a politician.

What more do you want the guy to do? Take the senate hostage and make them pass his bill. Man there's just no pleasing some of you people.

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
What more do you want the guy to do? Take the senate hostage and make them pass his bill. Man there's just no pleasing some of you people.

I agree... Folks with this mind-set were popping off long ago at the trial in the Jerusalem square screaming, "Give us Barabbas! Crucify Jesus"!

For a hundred good works, many listed above that most have forgotten, there is nothing... for one seeming transgression in the minds of these, Rand is to be damned... Tsk-tsk.

JTCoyoté

"Setting a good example is a far better way
to spread ideals than through force of arms."

~Dr. Ron Paul

Offline menace

Petition to: My Congressman and Senators STOP INDEFINITE DETENTION!

http://www.randpacusa.com/ndaa_sign.aspx?pid=1120

Offline ES

I agree... Folks with this mind-set were popping off long ago at the trial in the Jerusalem square screaming, "Give us Barabbas! Crucify Jesus"!

For a hundred good works, many listed above that most have forgotten, there is nothing... for one seeming transgression in the minds of these, Rand is to be damned... Tsk-tsk.

JTCoyoté

"Setting a good example is a far better way
to spread ideals than through force of arms."

~Dr. Ron Paul

Yeah I know. We can't even celebrate victories without someone telling us that all is lost. How the hell is the liberty movement supposed to work with this mentality?

Offline chris jones

Re: Sen. Rand Paul Renews Fight Over (NDAA) Indefinite Detention of US Citizens
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 09:51:16 AM »
 People are defending Rands voting record, I too applaud his votes.
 Is is hypocritical for me to suggest because he voted 90% in a positive manner he is in the minority and realizes that in the political sewer WDC he is  unheard. Why did he back Rom, was this a political move, why did he expell a truth reporter from his presence.
 I am with hope he is pure 100% American, that everything that has transpired has been for the good of the people of this nation.
On a personnel level, and much to my chagrin, my exposure to the political perversion has given me a case of cynicism. My primary concern is the WARS. To have backed Mr. Romney confirms the fact wars are not this mans primary target.
  He is against aid to various nations, does this indicate in any way he is anti war. It could be a tad late in the game to seek peace, or is it?  Peace is prosperity, a rebuilding of the inner network (GOV) and restore the nations base., without it we are destined for perpetual war and a complete takedown.

Offline lee51

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 10:22:31 AM »
While it is nice Rand is standing up for the constitution, I for one will not forget what he did during the Presidental race. It is a HUGE RED FLAG that everyone needs to keep in mind because let me tell you, once someone sells their soul to the opposition, he could easily do it again. I'd certainly not set all my stars on Rand.

bento is not completely off in what he said in my opinion!

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 10:54:42 AM »
While it is nice Rand is standing up for the constitution, I for one will not forget what he did during the Presidental race. It is a HUGE RED FLAG that everyone needs to keep in mind because let me tell you, once someone sells their soul to the opposition, he could easily do it again. I'd certainly not set all my stars on Rand.

bento is not completely off in what he said in my opinion!

Rand Paul Betrays Liberty: He Will Support and Campaign for Mitt Romney
http://www.infowars.com/rand-paul-betrays-liberty-he-will-support-and-campaign-for-mitt-romney/                   
Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com

June 9, 2012

The neocons are in rapture. Rand Paul said he will campaign for Mitt Romney. His father has not explicitly endorsed Romney but has thrown the weight of his delegates behind the former Massachusetts governor.

On Thursday the elder Paul admitted he does not have the required number of delegates to challenge Romney in Tampa come August. He wrote in an email from Lake Jackson that his campaign “will send several hundred additional supporters to Tampa who, while bound to Romney, believe in our ideas of liberty, constitutional government, and a common-sense foreign policy.”

Romney and the establishment are antithetical to liberty and constitutional government. His foreign policy will be exactly the same as that of Obama and Bush before him. In fact, it may be far worse considering Romney’s foreign policy advisers are a gaggle of Zionist neocons who are determined to attack both Syria and Iran and the sooner the better.

Rand Paul’s support of Romney and his declaration that he will campaign for him reveals that the senator from Kentucky is a dangerous pragmatist who will compromise with the establishment and its neocon wing of forever war advocates and Israel-centric fanatics. Ron Paul, while not explicitly supporting the establishment’s hand-picked candidate, has indicated he “would fall into line when push came to shove,” as the neocon Eric Golub joyfully writes today.
It is a sad day for liberty in America. I am sure both Rand and Ron Paul believe acquiescing to the establishment will allow them a chance to enter the back door of the Republican Party where they might continue to work on changing the system from the inside. Instead, it will give the establishment a chance to  convert the faithful into card-carrying Republicans and expel those who continue to push individual liberty so radically at odds with the platform of the corporatist – and hence fascist – Republican Party.

The Republican establishment has absolutely no tolerance for libertarian ideals. It felt so threatened by the Tea Party it worked overtime to co-opt and sabotage it. The Tea Party is now a cheering section for the neocons and their so-called conservative allies who are determined to start a world war and facilitate the destruction of America so it might be merged into the world government scheme the global elite have up their sleeve.

This article was posted: Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 6:29 am

Below sums it up pretty well.  

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Article/113133-2012-06-10-thirty-pieces-of-silver.htm?EdNo=001&From=RSS

Thirty Pieces of Silver

Written by Dave Hodges
Date: 06-10-2012
Subject: Treason and Sedition

I awoke several days ago to a devastating punch in the gut. I was overcome by feelings of abandonment and betrayal just like the feelings that a husband would experience when he realizes that his wife has been unfaithful and his best friend is his wife's new lover. I am experiencing anger, depression and a sense of profound discouragement as I feel compelled to write these words.

Ron Paul has done more to wake up millions of former bankster serving sheeple in this country to the tyranny that is the New World Order than anyone else. He has helped to expose the criminal Federal Reserve and the general and pervasive "sell out" of Americans and our sovereign interests by the bankster minions (i.e. Obama and Romney). As a result, millions of Americans put their faith in this country doctor who has had one of the best voting records in the history of the House of Representatives. I will be eternally grateful to Ron Paul for his tireless support and defense of freedom.

Ever since my days of doing local talk radio in Wickenburg, Arizona, I have supported Ron Paul and have attempted to raise money on his behalf.  However, in the past few months, I am certain that many of the listeners of The Common Sense Show have noticed that I have been dead silent on the subject of the Ron Paul Campaign. I was silent for some very salient reasons as I was beginning to have some grave concerns over the intestinal fortitude and direction of the Ron Paul Campaign.

In the past several weeks, I have been approached several times and repeatedly asked to become a Ron Paul delegate. I steadfastly refused as I used the convenient excuse of not having the time. In reality, I do have the time to help save my country from the bankster tyranny that has overtaken our Republic. I just don't have the time to waste my time jumping on board a sinking ship that has become the Ron Paul Campaign. Are you listening to me Ron Paul leaders?  There are valid reasons why I said no and then subsequently ignored  repeated emails and voicemails designed to recruit me to this cause. I simply wanted to remain silent as I continued to evaluate the disturbing direction that the Ron Paul Campaign was headed.

In the early days of the Paul Campaign, I publicly criticized the establishment media as they orchestrated a wholesale media blackout related to Ron Paul's campaign.  Yet, Dr. Paul seemingly tolerated receiving 30 seconds of air time in a five member debate, in a 30 minute period, on national television. At the next media event, Ron Paul should have said something like "Well, I am glad I am getting my obligatory 30 seconds and the networks should be ashamed for censoring my message that millions of Americans want to hear. "  Unfortunately, these words of indignation were never spoken by the leadership of the Paul Campaign, or by Ron Paul, himself. It was at this crucial juncture that I first experienced misgivings about the direction of the Paul Campaign.

There has also been massive voter fraud committed against the Ron Paul Campaign in the Republican Primary elections. Even the New York Times admitted that the Republican Primaries in Iowa and Maine were stolen away from Ron Paul. Ron Paul was undoubtedly winning the Republican Primary in the early days.  However, as the nomination continued to be stolen, and the will of the people was being usurped, Ron Paul remained silent to this grand theft of the nomination process. Even in Louisiana, as Ron Paul was winning, the Louisiana Republican leadership, controlled by Mitt Romney minions, stole the Paul delegates and gave them to Romney and then proceeded to beat up and evict the Ron Paul delegates when they protested. Meanwhile, Ron Paul chastised the dissenters and admonished his followers to be polite.

Anyone who donated money to the Ron Paul Campaign should be justifiably upset. The election process, in which many of us invested our hard earned money to support Dr. Paul, was stolen from us and there was not so much as a whimper from Ron Paul. Why did Ron Paul seemingly sabotage his own campaign by not forcefully speaking out about the ongoing election fraud and the bankster control of media election coverage? Does anyone else hearken back to the Ross Perot 1992 Presidential candidacy as he held a huge lead before sabotaging his own campaign over some nonsense about the Republicans sabotaging his daughter's wedding? As Mark Twain said, history may not repeat itself, but it sure does rhyme.

I have been beside myself as primary election after primary election, the banksters, who control both political parties, continued their election fraud and the bankster controlled media continued to ignore the Ron Paul message. Meanwhile, the Arizona Ron Paul delegation approached me, again, to please become a delegate in the campaign. This time, I shared my reservations about the apparent lack of a backbone by campaign officials and by Ron Paul himself, to fight back against the criminal actions of the Republican Party leadership. I was told by a party official that Ron Paul delegates were going to seek and achieve a brokered convention and the subsequently freed up delegates would support Ron Paul and he would win the nomination. Just at the time I was going to once again capitulate and donate my time and efforts to the Ron Paul Campaign, Rand Paul sold his political soul to el Diablo, Mitt Romney, as he threw his support behind the Romney Campaign. I am still grieving this betrayal of Ron Paul supporters.

Rand Paul now supports carbon taxes advocate, Mitt Romney.

Rand Paul now supports Universal Health Care author, Mitt Romney.

Rand Paul now supports amnesty proponent, Mitt Romney.  

Rand Paul now supports more bankster bailouts and more wars of corporate conquest supporter, Mitt Romney.

Rand Paul now supports more Federal Reserve Board criminality advocate,  Mitt Romney, and not one word of disagreement from Ron Paul.  Blood is indeed thicker than water and apparently, thicker than patriotism as well. And now, in a juxtaposition, the sins of the son are being visited upon the father as Ron Paul tells his delegates to be polite at the Republican Convention, in Tampa, while America continues to sink into the deep abyss of a tyrannical police state that is robbing us blind.

... (continued at source link)

Do you think Nimmo was among the rabble in the square shouting to save Barabbas? I don't think so, and neither are those of us who question this sharp reversal on what Infowars once described as "Rand Paul Betrays Liberty"...

Now he's for liberty?

And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 11:55:10 AM »
Rand Paul Betrays Liberty: He Will Support and Campaign for Mitt Romney
http://www.infowars.com/rand-paul-betrays-liberty-he-will-support-and-campaign-for-mitt-romney/                   
Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com

June 9, 2012

The neocons are in rapture. Rand Paul said he will campaign for Mitt Romney. His father has not explicitly endorsed Romney but has thrown the weight of his delegates behind the former Massachusetts governor.

On Thursday the elder Paul admitted he does not have the required number of delegates to challenge Romney in Tampa come August. He wrote in an email from Lake Jackson that his campaign “will send several hundred additional supporters to Tampa who, while bound to Romney, believe in our ideas of liberty, constitutional government, and a common-sense foreign policy.”

Romney and the establishment are antithetical to liberty and constitutional government. His foreign policy will be exactly the same as that of Obama and Bush before him. In fact, it may be far worse considering Romney’s foreign policy advisers are a gaggle of Zionist neocons who are determined to attack both Syria and Iran and the sooner the better.

Rand Paul’s support of Romney and his declaration that he will campaign for him reveals that the senator from Kentucky is a dangerous pragmatist who will compromise with the establishment and its neocon wing of forever war advocates and Israel-centric fanatics. Ron Paul, while not explicitly supporting the establishment’s hand-picked candidate, has indicated he “would fall into line when push came to shove,” as the neocon Eric Golub joyfully writes today.
It is a sad day for liberty in America. I am sure both Rand and Ron Paul believe acquiescing to the establishment will allow them a chance to enter the back door of the Republican Party where they might continue to work on changing the system from the inside. Instead, it will give the establishment a chance to  convert the faithful into card-carrying Republicans and expel those who continue to push individual liberty so radically at odds with the platform of the corporatist – and hence fascist – Republican Party.

The Republican establishment has absolutely no tolerance for libertarian ideals. It felt so threatened by the Tea Party it worked overtime to co-opt and sabotage it. The Tea Party is now a cheering section for the neocons and their so-called conservative allies who are determined to start a world war and facilitate the destruction of America so it might be merged into the world government scheme the global elite have up their sleeve.

This article was posted: Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 6:29 am

Do you think Nimmo was among the rabble in the square shouting to save Barabbas? I don't think so, and neither are those of us who question this sharp reversal on what Infowars once described as "Rand Paul Betrays Liberty"...

Now he's for liberty?

Yes, and during that time, so was Alex... and I placed several anti-Rand posts here myself... all before a understanding of what was happening...

Ron Paul was on the show a week and a half ago and explained some of it. There has been no reversal... Rand is on the same track he was on when he was elected.

In the last 20 minutes of the first hour yesterday Alex explains the differences between Rand and Ron and explained what happened as much as he could, as well as pointing at the mistakes Rand has made, and how he can correct them... Does anyone here listen to the show anymore...?

This is why Alex always says that infowars is consistently 95% correct in truth reporting... mistake do get made once in a while...

JTCoyoté

"The American war is over; but this is far from being the case
with the American revolution. On the contrary, nothing but
the first act of the drama is closed."
~Dr. Benjamin Rush,
signer on the Declaration of Independence,
spoken at the end of British hostilities in the
American war for Independence, 1783.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 12:44:39 PM »
Mr. Romney, 100% was warmongering, get Iran, more money for the military et. etc. The remainder of his BS was basically a small difference in social issues contrary to Obama.
 What does all this shit boil down to, where is the line that has to be crossed.
War, 11 years of it and ongoing. We can debate this guys intentions untill the cows come home, but the bottom line, if the wars don't stop its end game USA. War powers baby, MIC open end contracts, elites and their supercorps are providing invasions and funding A/Q, we pay for, are in debt for it ,send out kids into the boots to do or die, innocents get slaughtered, govs fall and the empire of the elites expands. ( peace is prosperity) (wars profit the perpetrators only)
 We sit here wondering about a pol and his methodry while Americans sons and foriegn innocents are killed and maimed.
I made a decision a long time ago, I refused a teams mission, attack status. 2 options were on line, court martial and possibly LBJ jail or sent to a defensive position. I was fortunate and allowed a transfer was sent to the Cambodian border. Long story, I wont rant, comes a time my friends there is bottom line to the entire shiitshow,  WAR. Our mil is  defensive, it was designed as such, sadly it is in the attack mode as so ordered by the elites/supercorps/& pols. Sure we need a military, a defense, if so i would have stayed in the boots. By God what we have done the past decades under the rhetoric & deception of the big dogs rattles my bones.  

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 02:50:26 PM »
Been there... "no" was my answer... then marginalized and drummed out...

Our military is not our military, hasn't been since before the Civil War... they are paid conscripts, cannon fodder of "The Bank" fleeing certain poverty in a hijacked jobless economy... Tools of global consolidation.

Rand Paul is like his Dad was 36 years ago... difference...this is now, that was then. The so-called government, bank lieutenants, the real terrorists, are savaging, terrorizing, and murdering people world wide, using our children, in our name.

Romney like Obama is but the Banks' henchmen, self professed by his record.

Rand Paul, like his father before him is fighting the "government" from a representative position in government, self professed by his record.

Oldyoti

"If there be one principle more deeply
rooted than any other in the mind of
every American, it is, that we should
have nothing to do with conquest."

~Thomas Jefferson

Offline chris jones

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 07:33:04 PM »
JT..I agree:Our military is not our military, hasn't been since before the Civil War... they are paid conscripts, cannon fodder of "The Bank" fleeing certain poverty in a hijacked jobless economy... Tools of global consolidation.

Hi JT , I did a rant and erased it, no need for it. We have been decieved, lied to, and used. The contitutional oath taken by our brass is a gig, part of the game for the majority of them. The EM's are split, some awoke the hard way , others caved in to the BS, etc.
  I don't care much for political horseplay, I know I'm dreaming, but I liked Rons words, only a message most say, Ok it was a good message, truths. Then Tell me Why did Randy back a piece of shiite like the Rom, knowing he was hell bent on more war and Mil expansion.
  Only the citizens united can rebuild this nation,but its kinda become a mixed bag, Obamanites, psuedo patriots, Greens, anti abort, pro abort, no new tax, new tax, psuedo pats, more gov, les gov, liberals, religous finatics, hawks,GOP, Dems, all kinds of shiite, The reality is there is but one constitution it will only function if these elite wars are stopped, if they continue wer'e going down.
  Rand, I have mixed feelings, sure I'd like to belive there is one sane honest voice up there on high, can I? 

Offline menace

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 02:36:30 AM »
NDAA Vote THURSDAY: Tell Senate to end indefinite detention

http://act.demandprogress.org/letter/ndaa_2013/?akid=1874.370479.v6GlSx&rd=1&t=3

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 09:41:29 AM »
NDAA Vote THURSDAY: Tell Senate to end indefinite detention

http://act.demandprogress.org/letter/ndaa_2013/?akid=1874.370479.v6GlSx&rd=1&t=3

Let's hope they get rid of NDAA.  But I'm not counting on this Democratically controlled Senate to act in favor of what is best.

From a year ago
           http://freakoutnation.com/2011/12/16/the-86-senators-who-voted-to-pass-ndaa-need-to-occupy-the-unemployment-line/

The 86 Senators who Voted to Pass NDAA need to #Occupy the Unemployment Line
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline FrankRep

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 12:29:56 AM »
Rand Paul said he will campaign for Mitt Romney.

All these attacks on Rand Paul are uncalled for. Mitt Romney basically won the nomination so Rand Paul strategically sided with Mitt Romney to attack Barack Obama. Rand Paul wants to fight the real battles like the NDAA.

Rand Paul made the right move. Rand Paul has a good shot for the GOP nomination in 2016.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 12:49:15 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/29/indefinite-detention-senate-military-imprisonment_n_2215305.html

Indefinite Detention: Senate Votes Down Military Imprisonment Of Americans

WASHINGTON -- The Senate took a step Thursday toward ending the indefinite detention of Americans in the U.S., voting for a narrow amendment that some civil liberties groups opposed, even though they said it was in the right direction.

The measure, offered by Sen. Dianne Feistein (D-Calif.) as an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act of 2013, specifies that citizens and legal residents suspected of terrorism in the U.S. cannot be held without trial indefinitely.

"I know this is a sensitive subject, but I really believe we stand on the values of our country, and the value of our country is justice for all," said Feinstein before the Senate voted 67 to 29 to add her provision to the NDAA.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline bento

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 07:35:38 PM »
Would someone post the actual amendment because I got mix messages as to whether this actually was meant to do anything. If so then this is a really big WTF moment.
We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much and the best of us is washed away.