Malevolent evil satanic transhumanist/eugenics troll exposed

Author Topic: Malevolent evil satanic transhumanist/eugenics troll exposed  (Read 59367 times)

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
Re: Malevolent evil satanic transhumanist/eugenics troll exposed
« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2012, 01:49:11 pm »
As I have said before, the existant universe as we find it is PERFECT ...
and life, in all its myriad of forms, is PERFECT. Everything is as it must
be to exist.

PERFECT

Life is PRECARIOUS at best ... one example: the oxygen
content of the Earth atmosphere is EXACTLY what it must be to engender life ...
a tiny bit less and there would be too little for life to exist ... a tiny bit more and the
atmosphere would burst into flame.
This is not true. I know, because I have devised a way to ignite the earth's atmosphere. It isn't as easy as adding more oxygen. On the plus side, it can be done for about $30,000. Also important to note is that the earth's oxygen content has varied quite a bit throughout history. "A tiny bit less" is kind of a relative term, but the earth has had 50% more air at one point in its history as well as a third of what it has now and still sustained life. Granted, it does have a big impact on life.

Our species 'won the race', so to speak, to the great prize of consciousness EXACTLY
because the PLAN was followed to a TEE ...
Yeah....that plan didn't really work out, so I'm moving on to plan X. Honestly, the prize at the bottom of the religious cereal box is not worth extracting. If there is a god you have no assurances that it intends to keep any bargains and you have zero recourse if it doesn't deliver. The "plan" makes zero sense, btw.

Director_X:
We simply must not monkey-wrench the elegant ... but almost dainty ... work of life ... it is beyond
our understanding and comprehension what we are a part of. Just leave it the hell alone.
I guess we will need to agree to disagree here. Nature is a violent, sadistic, murdering whore that needs to be tamed. I intend to rape her into submission. Just because something is complex it doesn't make it unknowable. I don't know how anyone can look at nature and see it as some sacred thing that is meant to be left alone when she has killed ALL of your ancestors. The insane thing to me is that someone would chose not to fight back when they are guaranteed to die if they don't. But hey, I'm content to live and let die.

I have no
ethical problems with 'drug' treatments and the like, which are not passed on genetically to the next
generation (though there are tons of societal questions to consider) as long as they are administered
to adults via informed consent.
So you are ok with elective human enhancement as long as it isn't passed on? Does that apply to genetic alteration as well?
"Word was sent from Aralu that the accusers should be allowed to pass the seven gates, to discover the truth from him. Seeing him upon that throne they were stricken with dumbness and terror, for they saw that their accusations had been too timid, and now feared the beast would speak truths to them"

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2012, 04:11:10 pm »

Quote from: Jackson Holly on November 08, 2012, 07:39:12 PM
As I have said before, the existant universe as we find it is PERFECT ...
and life, in all its myriad of forms, is PERFECT. Everything is as it must
be to exist.

PERFECT

Of course there are deformities and disease ... some by happenstance, some by predator attacks (microbes), some by
environmental imbalance (bad foods, etc) & parental neglect .... BTW, moderators please remove or at least reduce the
size of the picture of the little unfortunate baby.

~~~~~~~~>

Life is PRECARIOUS at best ... one example: the oxygen
content of the Earth atmosphere is EXACTLY what it must be to engender life ...
a tiny bit less and there would be too little for life to exist ... a tiny bit more and the
atmosphere would burst into flame.

This is not true. I know, because I have devised a way to ignite the earth's atmosphere. It isn't as easy as adding more oxygen. On the plus side, it can be done for about $30,000. Also important to note is that the earth's oxygen content has varied quite a bit throughout history. "A tiny bit less" is kind of a relative term, but the earth has had 50% more air at one point in its history as well as a third of what it has now and still sustained life. Granted, it does have a big impact on life.

Oxygen is extremely reactive and volatile ... we are practically on fire ourselves, surviving only at the incredible temperature of 98.6F give or take a degree or so. It is only the photosynthesis in green plants that keeps it at about 21% or the atmosphere ... the highest concentration of free oxygen (as observed) in the solar system. Beyond the free oxygen, there are quadrillions of tonnes tied up in water, most minerals, etc.

Consider this: "If the abundance of oxygen was any greater, all life would be at risk. The probability of forest fire increases by 70 percent for each 1 percent rise in oxygen concentration above the present level. If it formed 25% of the air instead of 21% now, oxygen would leave all land vegetation in raging conflagration. Everything from the driest Arctic tundra to the wettest tropical rain forest would burst into flame."

http://www.herebeanswers.com/2010/05/composition-of-atmosphere-oxygen.html

"It is also fortunate for life on this planet that there is a good concentration of oxygen in the atmosphere (around 21%). Any less oxygen and life on earth would literally suffocate and any more would cause any spark to ignite atmospheric oxygen into a giant flaming fireball visible from space."

http://voices.yahoo.com/why-does-life-exist-earth-5403497.html

Quote from: Jackson Holly on November 24, 2010, 09:33:27 AM [/b>
Life is unimaginably complex ... everything about life is stunningly intricate, interwoven,
complicated, interconnected, intertwined ... and there are literally thousands of so-called
"natural laws" that must be almost EXACTLY as they are for life to exist. The universe is
constructed/designed to foster life and consciousness ... these 'laws' are uniquely fit
in every detail of human biology and cosmology ... there is no way to escape this fact.

EXAMPLES:

1.) The relative strengths of the four fundamental forces ... gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear and strong nuclear ... are fine-tuned for carbon-based life. ANY variance in the relative forces and constants would have produced a different atomic melee.

2.) Water is uniquely fit for carbon-based life ... each chemical and physical property is MAXIMAL to support both microscopic and large land-based warm-blooded animals:

a.) Thermal properties ... must be exactly as they are.

b.) Surface tension ... life allows no deviance.

c.) Solvency ... it dissolves EXACTLY what is required.

d.) Viscosity and density ... no life possible if not EXACTLY as it is.

3.) Light/electromagnetic radiation reaching Earth is uniquely fit for the existence of life. The Sun's radiation, mostly visual range with a bit of ultraviolet and infrared, is IDEAL for life to exist. Visual light is the PRECISE fit for photosynthesis and the ONLY radiation fit for biological vision with a 'camera-type' eye, required for consciousness. The atmospheric gases, water vapor and water miraculously absorb almost all the harmful radiation outside the visual range and transmit only the biologically essential radiation.

4.) Periodic table - the cosmic abundance of the various elements corresponds to the exact abundance/needs of living organisms. Every class of atoms are necessary for life to exist ... including uranium, for example, which provides the heat necessary for tectonic activity, which along with water ensures the 'turnover' of the Earth's crust, replenishing the surface layers.

5.) Earth's fitness - PERFECT in size, temperature, distance from the sun, the placement in the solar system, 'guarded' by precisely located large gaseous outer planets and OPTIMALLY sized and placed MOON.

6.) Carbon compounds are UNIQUELY fit to form the complex molecules for life. Carbon is MAXIMAL in its ability to produce biological compounds in the same temperature range as liquid water. No other element comes close to carbon in its service of the will to live.

7.) Vital gases - all the properties of OXYGEN and Carbon Dioxide MUST be almost exactly as they are for life to exist ... oxidation, the specific reactivity and solubility of oxygen, the density, viscosity and pressure of the atmosphere, etc, etc. If the properties of the vital gases were one iota different, photosynthesis and oxidative metabolism could not occur.

8.) Double helix - Both DNA and RNA are perfectly suited for their biological roles - DNA as the genetic data bank and RNA as the temporary information carrier - the hard drive and the RAM, if you will. No other molecules come remotely close to the requirements for the magic of self-replication, metastability, the compaction possible in the helix structure, info storage capacity,etc, etc.

9.) Proteins - nano-manipulators which are astoundingly diverse and capable of self-assembly, they are the construction crew of life - they build it all from scratch with directions from the life-code found in the DNA of each individual cell. Nothing else could work - they are specifically designed for their purpose.

10.) Metals - the properties of many metals seem specifically adapted to serve the universal will to consciousness, with little margin for error ... including iron, copper, molybdenum and magnesium.

11.)  Cells - they act intelligently and utilize to OPTIMUM capacity all of the above.

I could go on and on ... it only gets more interesting when we get into complex, multi-cellular forms like us. We come to the inescapable conclusion that EVERYTHING about creation is PRECISE and CALCULATED and PLANNED and DESIGNED to produce consciousness.

~~~~~~~~>

Our species 'won the race', so to speak, to the great prize of consciousness EXACTLY
because the PLAN was followed to a TEE ...

Yeah....that plan didn't really work out, so I'm moving on to plan X. Honestly, the prize at the bottom of the religious cereal box is not worth extracting. If there is a god you have no assurances that it intends to keep any bargains and you have zero recourse if it doesn't deliver. The "plan" makes zero sense, btw.

Quote from: Jackson Holly on October 17, 2012, 06:11:55 PM
It is the evil/devil within you that makes you believe that you are 'god-like', more intelligent
and capable than the infinite, from which you srpang. A sure path to destruction is the one you
and the 'transhumanists' have taken ... your dreams of godhood are an illusion ... hullucinatory
just as is the lapis philosophicum.

~~~~~~~~~>

I have no ethical problems with 'drug' treatments and the like, which are not passed on genetically to the next
generation (though there are tons of societal questions to consider) as long as they are administered
to adults via informed consent.

So you are ok with elective human enhancement as long as it isn't passed on? Does that apply to genetic alteration as well?

Well, as I say there are 'societal' problems ... like the fact that the satanic war-mongers amongst us are rapidly
usurping the 'sciences' and the 'technological impulse' for their own self-serving intent ... including trying to force
'enhancement' (control) onto the population (including or ESPECIALLY children). If you want to whack your DNA so
you can change the channel without a remote ... go ahead. However, we MUST take action against such playful and
sometimes even postive and well-meaning experimentation (and GMO foods & NUKES, etc) that may lead to
calamity and/or extinction.

St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2012, 05:09:39 pm »
I had an employee that was born with the same condition that baby has, harlequin icheosis. The inability to sweat or secrete oils causes the skin to crack like that. The red eyes are from burst blood vessels. This baby is probably alive today. Terrible condition though.

About the earth lighting on fire....those sources are wrong. The oxygen levels were at 30+% for tens of millions of years without igniting despite volcanic activity, lightning, etc. Higher pressures are required to light the world on fire. Methane helps too.

Yes we are fragile. We are lucky to have survived multiple mass extinction events. We float on an insignificant spec of rock in outer space.
"Word was sent from Aralu that the accusers should be allowed to pass the seven gates, to discover the truth from him. Seeing him upon that throne they were stricken with dumbness and terror, for they saw that their accusations had been too timid, and now feared the beast would speak truths to them"

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #163 on: November 09, 2012, 05:59:50 pm »

Yes we are fragile. We are lucky to have survived multiple mass extinction events. We float on an insignificant spec of rock in outer space.

Well, we ... as spokemen for the life here on Earth ... are favored and charmed and blessed. I have been
a big fan of Immanuel Velikovsky and his insightful work on catastrophism since I saw him speak at our
University (intimate small room) back around 1971 and subsequently read Worlds In Collision, Earth In Upheaval, etc,
and I know that dumb LUCK is a big part of what I call CREAVOLUTION .... However, the Earth may very
well be a CHOSEN/CREATED nursery to 'cultivate' life/consciousness ... as I hope my previous post demonstrates ...
and this floating speck may not be insignificant at all.

St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #164 on: November 09, 2012, 06:30:45 pm »
NWO agenda revealed in Japanese stealth action video game Metal Gear Solid
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=107819.0

::Zanzibar::
Was that thread a troll? That was one of the most vivid game synopsis's I've ever read. I felt like I was playing it again.

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2012, 01:48:09 pm »
I promised an overview of various transhumanist groups a while back. I have been busy. The Russian group I mentioned earlier is Monolith. Monolith You guys should start shitting your pants right about now. Monolith leader and Black Hat transhumanists, Vladimir Frolov writes this article about the various groups in Russia. Enjoy:

http://transhumanity.net/articles/entry/russian-tranhumanism-will-olligarchic-russia-2045-provide-h-for-the-rich-on

Offline masterofthemoon

« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2012, 12:35:02 am »
No rush, take your time compiling whatever you need to.

I find this subject morbidly fascinating and cant wait to see an overview of the different groups  8)
A Founding Father of Freedom: Mikhail Bakunin
http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/Commentary/Bakunin.htm

"Whoever lays his hand on me to govern me is a usurper and tyrant, and I declare him my enemy."
-Pierre Joseph Proudhon

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2012, 11:21:43 pm »
Director_X,

Could this effect be cooked up with a little GM action?

Real Benjamin Buttons Brothers: Matthew and Michael Clark Are Aging Backwards
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=238665.0
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2012, 05:02:21 pm »
Director_X,

Could this effect be cooked up with a little GM action?

No problem. I know a few people working on myelin sheath hacks. Are you going to use it as a weapon or sell it to a sucker as an age reversing treatment? I ask because there are better weaponized myelin targeting genes that might mimic MS or another myelin related disease.

I like the treatment idea better though. It would be perfect. You could sell this to someone and they would become increasingly juvenile mentally. They would probably feel like they were young again and want to continue the treatment. At some point they could be convinced that they shouldn't tell authorities about the treatment. Threaten to send them to their rooms if they tell anyone.  :D The gene has no impact on the Hayflick limit, so they still die after 50 splits.

I think we can make some $ on this, One Revelator.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2013, 09:58:57 am »

So-called TRANS-HUMANIST Soldiers (Killers)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New report highlights ethics and policy
dangers of “military human enhancements”

By Madison Ruppert

The U.S. military’s constant move towards increasing so-called “human enhancements” or, as California Polytechnic State University researcher Patrick Lin says, “mutant powers,” has raised entirely novel ethical and policy concerns, according to a new report for the Greenwall Foundation.

Massive advances in technology are requiring a radical re-thinking of the future of war in other areas as well, such as weaponized hallucinations, fully automated weapons systems (also known as “killer robots”) and rapidly advancing drone technology opening up the realistic possibility of perpetual drone flight.

Yet this type of research aimed at directly changing human body – in an effort to build what some call “super soldiers – is in a league of its own. The military’s “enhancements” cover a wide range of technologies from drugs and nutrition to genetic manipulation to electroshock to robotic implants, prosthetics and more.

In a new 108-page report (http://ethics.calpoly.edu/Greenwall_report.pdf) prepared for the Greenwall Foundation by Patrick Lin, PhD, Maxwell Mehlman, JD and Keith Abney ABD, the many risks are outlined along with some of the many “human enhancement projects recently or currently pursued by militaries worldwide.”

ENTIRE ARTICLE HERE: ~~~>

http://endthelie.com/2012/12/31/new-report-highlights-ethics-and-policy-dangers-of-military-human-enhancements/#axzz2GkZfb9Mu

Some of the links:

http://endthelie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/DARPA-Warrior-Web.jpg

http://endthelie.com/2012/02/14/battlefield-illusion-darpa-working-towards-better-human-sensory-battlefield-deception/

http://endthelie.com/2012/11/21/human-rights-watch-calls-for-a-ban-on-killer-robots-before-they-are-fully-deployed/

Offline gprebilsky

« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2013, 11:27:48 am »
Wow! That was some thread.

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #171 on: January 08, 2013, 02:01:33 pm »

So-called TRANS-HUMANIST Soldiers (Killers)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New report highlights ethics and policy
dangers of “military human enhancements”

By Madison Ruppert

The U.S. military’s constant move towards increasing so-called “human enhancements” or, as California Polytechnic State University researcher Patrick Lin says, “mutant powers,” has raised entirely novel ethical and policy concerns, according to a new report for the Greenwall Foundation.

Right now there is a secret tech race going on. Many powers are racing for the transhuman cup. I've mentioned it before, but tech is exponential in its birth rate. The first true posthumans will have a huge advantage over normal humans. They will be able to make all of the rules. They will have the option of being the new zoo keepers of earth. Alternatively they might choose to be earth's destroyers, liberators, gods, or tyrants. I guess that part will be a matter of perspective depending on who wins.

I know some of you on Prison Planet Forum think transhumanism is just a sci-fi concept and might see it as being far fetched. It should concern you to see the UN taking measures to create an international policy to regulate transhumanism. They want a seat at the table. All the contenders are busy making propaganda and the UN article above is a fine example. Here are the contenders:

1. Google. They just hired Ray Kurzweil. Ray isn't short on cash from what I hear, so why do you think he jumped at the chance? It is no secret. He is attempting to make the internet a conscious being, an AI. Google is giving him all of the resources he requires to do this. This move surprised me and a lot of transhumanists too. Ray is a smart man, but much of his past 20 years have been spent doing PR or public speaking. He often gets credit for things he might have talked about but never made. Not his fault, but it has earned him some scorn in h+ circles. We are beginning to take Ray a lot more seriously now. The big question on many of our minds is whether or not Google hired Ray to create the digital messiah, or to contain it. Either way, Google is a big contender.
2. Russia 2045. The European attempt to make a global committee of sorts to decide what tech gets passed out to whom. Hidden in this is a depopulation agenda. Also probably a scam to get money into oligarch hands. High probability that this is also just a piece of the agendas of #3 & #4.
3. NWO/government. Many people worldwide are calling for a council to globally regulate the transhuman tech race. Remember that when you see people trying to outlaw this stuff. Why would the government want to do that? To slow everyone else down of course. Do you think your government will not be creating a military class of transhumans behind closed doors, even if they outlawed transhuman tech? Government legislation against this tech is obviously an attempt to buy time for an elite class of "chosen".
4. NWO/UN. Just like #3, but global. Mark my words, the UN will be moving to gain global powers to enforce tech prohibitions very soon. Don't clap. I want everyone to see this move for what it is. A small country that focused on making super soldiers could upset the global balance of power overnight. This is a move to maintain control.
5. Technolibertarians. A few groups are fighting for freedom of augmentation. They will fight against tech prohibition and will fight for private sector access to these things even though that ultimately means it will be sold to you through a corporation. That means it will be expensive. That means that a wealthy elite will be the ones that rule the world. Hard to imagine, right? The idea of freedom is good to me because it allows for hyperdiversity in evolution, but current government legislation slows down the ability to get this tech into the hands of the public, so this contender will ultimately lose to #3 anyway. The FDA controls medical devices and gene therapies (min 5 years for approval) so technolibertarians lose. Companies will be encouraged to continue to produce patents and petition for approval, which of course gives a government a 5 year+ head start to covertly develop the tech for themselves.
6. Technoprogressives. Check out the IEET website. Many hysterical doom and danger articles can be found there. They generally tend to end in a call to regulate something or form an ethics council to discuss what "we" should do about human evolution. Ultimately they serve #3 & #4. They create the panic in order to take control. Another interesting sentiment in their ranks is the idea of herd evolution. There are some in their ranks that think everyone should get a mandatory vaccine because it isn't right to let one sick kid infect the rest of the herd. It isn't fair to have a kid born with a certain gene that might give her a disadvantage in life, therefore mandatory augmentation is required or you lose your kid. Nobody leaves the herd because that would take away from the collective. Classic liberal horseshit. If there is a borg, it will come from these guys.

Well, there are the top contenders that come to mind. Each has an agenda. Many participate in more than one of these when it is synergistic with their own agendas. Contender #7 is one that nobody discusses. All of the above contenders have a slow implementation model. #1 would probably be the fastest, but they don't care about genetics. They want AI. Everyone else will need to do tests, vote on stuff, do analysis, wait for approval, etc. I don't think your fate will be left to any of the above contenders. The future goes to #7.

7. Space Gangsters. High prices of transhuman tech + government approval lag time + private sector demand = black markets. I hack patents and use them like blueprints. It doesn't require approval and my colleagues and I can do it for pennies on the dollar. I made a $50,000 brain implant for under $10 (I can use it to control people like puppets, I'm downright giddy about it). Costs are much less when you don't pay retail and you remove legal liability from the equation. The black market isn't accountable for faulty product and customers aren't looking for certification on things. A lot of people are dying in hospitals right now while treatments are waiting for approval on some bureaucrat's desk. Those people will pay top dollar for black market medicine. Athletes will need to come to us just to be able to compete on the field. Corporations will come to us for sabotage solutions or complex logistics & sourcing. Governments have always come to us when it is cheaper and less complicated to study effects on humans in the wild instead of humans in the lab. The amount of money that will be flowing through the black market will be staggering. Tech is the new crack. My brain implant alone is worth a few billion/year and I have so many more where that came from. The unrestrained black market will give birth to the first true posthumans. They won't come from an elite, from a government special forces, from an NWO, or from a corporation. Your future belongs to the black hat transhumans. The world and everything in it belongs to the space gangster.

This all assumes that we live that long of course. Exponential tech growth means exponential growth of megadeaths. I created a novel disease just the other day that causes fertile females to become pregnant. Immaculate mass conception anyone? The downside is that all the babies born would be inbred and female. It would take at least 3 months to discover that the sudden increase in pregnancy was a disease. It would take another 4 months for the CDC to make a vaccine. The vaccine itself might cause you to become infertile, but I'd have to think about that for while. The cure is abortion, but it would need to be done monthly unless you were on birth control otherwise you would keep getting pregnant. I don't think the doctors could handle that many births in the hospitals, do you? You can imagine the bitter divorces that precede this. Arabs would be killing their women right and left. The aftermath would be sobering. I might do some animal tests just to be able to assess the threat better. I need to name it too if anyone thinks of a fitting name.

This is one of many awful, rotten, and miserable ideas that I come up with or hear others discuss weekly. Imagine how many are being made right now by nutjobs and terrorists. The reason I bring it up is to show you how fragile the world population is. You can't prepare for the vast variety of evil about to be inflicted on the world by crazies. You can only be alert and flexible enough to deal with the problems and hope to survive. A megadeath disaster is eminent. Nukes are mild in comparison. Your governments are still worried about avian flu but they haven't even considered the pregnancy disease, the modified spores of the super-amanita, or the insane zombie-like hoards of implanted electroaddicts that could be cheaply unleashed overnight.

If it is any comfort, I'll be selling cures as they are discovered on the darknet.

Offline RabidSheep

« Reply #172 on: January 08, 2013, 09:15:35 pm »
The National Intelligence Council Predicts a Very Transhuman Future by 2030

http://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/the-national-intelligence-council-predicts-a-very-transhuman-future-by-2030/

Global Trends 2030: Alternative Worlds

http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/115962650?width=1024

“Human Augmentation” is indeed considered a key issue in the next 15 years as new technologies will allow all kinds of modifications “ranging from implants and prosthetics to powered exoskeletons, human augmentation enhancing innate human abilities”. These augmentations would be used on soldiers, workers and anyone that can afford them, giving them “super-human” powers and capabilities, whether it be on a physical or a mental level.

Brain implants will also allow for advanced neural interface devices — what will bridge the gap between minds and machines. These technologies will allow for brain-controlled prosthetics, some of which may be able to provide “superhuman” abilities like enhanced strength, speed — and completely new functionality altogether.

Other mods will include retinal eye implants to enable night vision and other previously inaccessible light spectrums. Advanced neuropharmaceuticals will allow for vastly improved working memory, attention, and speed of thought.

“Augmented reality systems can provide enhanced experiences of real-world situations,” the report notes, “Combined with advances in robotics, avatars could provide feedback in the form of sensors providing touch and smell as well as aural and visual information to the operator.”     

I'll pass on transhumanism, thank you very much.

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2013, 04:29:55 pm »

I'll pass on transhumanism, thank you very much.

I can respect that decision. Out of curiosity though, what sounded bad about any of the things you quoted?

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2013, 06:15:34 pm »
forgot to leave this. Ray Kurzweil talking yesterday about his plans at Google.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YABUffpQY9w&feature=youtu.be

Offline RabidSheep

« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2013, 07:08:19 pm »
But as the report notes, many of these technologies will only be available to those who are able to afford them. The authors warn that it could result in a two-tiered society comprising enhanced and nonenhanced persons, a dynamic that would likely require government oversight and regulation.

Offline Dorrogeray

« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2013, 07:24:46 pm »
DirectorX:

I overall got nothing against augmentations, if people want them and if they understand the implications of such process. It is just another tool, like firearms, television or cellphones. Today when you buy cellphone, you know you are buying a tracking and recording device, but you still do it, because it is a net positive, if used in the right way.

I find the sensory expansion potentially the most useful type of augmentation. Sensing of magnetic fields, night vision, etc.

The problem is, like with everything, this will be used against us. And the dark side is going to develop and use this technology no matter what we do.

I say lets make it as widely available and as open-source as possible. Minimize the monopolist and social divergence effect of this highly potent technology - potent for both good and for bad.

Get as many HW and SW people on our side to find and eliminate the back-doors that will be built in.

We will need to keep up technologically with the dark eugenics genocide crowd, if we want to stop them in their tracks.

Lets turn their weapons against them.

What we want to avoid is forced augmentations.
What we want to avoid is augmentation technology in the hands of a few.
What we want to avoid is rejecting technologies that could be eventually decisive in the fight for our freedom.

Internet turned out to be a double-edged sword. This will be the same thing.

Also, there surely are ways to create a more one-way augmentations, where you can physically just pull a plug on your head and the augmentation is for all intents and purposes dead, until reactivated.

Sort of like throwing battery out from your cellphone. (a simplistic analogy)

In the same way, surely augmentations can be designed without any wireless connectivity, meaning that no one can hack it from distance.

Are augmentations dangerous? You bet. Can we stop them from being used by the MIC and the rest of their circus? No. So my take is that we will have show them, that we can use their trojan horse against them far more effectively than they could have possibly imagined - and that we can find ways to paralyze the negative effects this technology will undoubtedly cause. I think that this will be the way to go for us - the only realistic one, that is.

Offline gprebilsky

« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2013, 10:35:05 am »
Lol. I was waiting for that......now he will divert the question answer you with bullshit facts and try to push his agenda further.

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #179 on: January 13, 2013, 02:49:52 pm »
DirectorX:

I overall got nothing against augmentations, if people want them and if they understand the implications of such process. It is just another tool, like firearms, television or cellphones. Today when you buy cellphone, you know you are buying a tracking and recording device, but you still do it, because it is a net positive, if used in the right way.

I find the sensory expansion potentially the most useful type of augmentation. Sensing of magnetic fields, night vision, etc.

The problem is, like with everything, this will be used against us. And the dark side is going to develop and use this technology no matter what we do.

I say lets make it as widely available and as open-source as possible. Minimize the monopolist and social divergence effect of this highly potent technology - potent for both good and for bad.

Get as many HW and SW people on our side to find and eliminate the back-doors that will be built in.

We will need to keep up technologically with the dark eugenics genocide crowd, if we want to stop them in their tracks.

Lets turn their weapons against them.

What we want to avoid is forced augmentations.
What we want to avoid is augmentation technology in the hands of a few.
What we want to avoid is rejecting technologies that could be eventually decisive in the fight for our freedom.

Internet turned out to be a double-edged sword. This will be the same thing.

Also, there surely are ways to create a more one-way augmentations, where you can physically just pull a plug on your head and the augmentation is for all intents and purposes dead, until reactivated.

Sort of like throwing battery out from your cellphone. (a simplistic analogy)

In the same way, surely augmentations can be designed without any wireless connectivity, meaning that no one can hack it from distance.

Are augmentations dangerous? You bet. Can we stop them from being used by the MIC and the rest of their circus? No. So my take is that we will have show them, that we can use their trojan horse against them far more effectively than they could have possibly imagined - and that we can find ways to paralyze the negative effects this technology will undoubtedly cause. I think that this will be the way to go for us - the only realistic one, that is.

Everything about your post is perfect. Implants can be made with kill switches, no problem. Open source tech and even pirated tech has been a pursuit of most transhumanists within the Grinder community, often for all of the same reasons you illustrated.

I totally agree with your closing conclusions too. I can't recall a period in known history where the scales of power have tipped so much in the favor of the common man. All of the technology required for radical change is accessible through the internet, not locked away in a secret military filing cabinet. It can be used for good or awesome, but in the end all of this tech will be used against us if we let it. It is hard to blame the force that decides to use tech against society for fun and profit, since the majority of the populace has chosen to remain defenseless.

The overwhelming response of this forum until now has been to complain about being controlled, and then to insult the weapons of their oppressors. I have met a lot of people who live in dangerous crime infested neighborhoods, surrounded by thugs with guns who terrorize the community. They have access to the same weapons as the thugs, but for whatever reason they still scream and cry that guns should be banned, as if that was the cause of their problems. They take it further and insult anyone who chooses to own a gun for protection. Guns become the focus of their animosity. Whether their neighborhood tyrants have guns or not does not change the fact that they are defenseless.

The more defenseless you are, the more debatable your freedoms become.

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #180 on: January 13, 2013, 03:12:04 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7fN0xW8egc&feature=player_embedded
 ::)

You can't use gaping flaws in mind uploading theory to debunk all of transhuman philosophy. Many transhumanists also disagree with mind uploading. This is like me trying to disprove Christianity by refuting the book of mormon. It doesn't change the fact that humans have flaws which can, and ought to be, fixed. The core of transhuman ideas is that man can ascend from his genetic prison, his limitations. Some propose mind uploading as a method, some propose substrate independence, genetic alteration, cybernetics, etc. Being human is a handicap to be overcome.

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #181 on: January 13, 2013, 03:23:49 pm »
Lol. I was waiting for that......now he will divert the question answer you with bullshit facts and try to push his agenda further.

Nope. I'll leave Prison Planet Forum. I've said what I need to say.

If anyone from Prison Planet Forum wants info on emerging transhuman tech, the implications, flaws, agendas, etc, just send me a private message. It will alert my email and I'll try to reply.

Good luck guys.

Offline Dorrogeray

« Reply #182 on: January 13, 2013, 05:18:18 pm »
Good luck to you too. I think that our paths will cross sooner or later. We have a common enemy, that is holding humanity back. We might have different ideas about future of mankind, but they are in no way mutually exclusive. There is plenty of space out there for everyone, once we conquer the FTL. Until then, we can easily coexist. Plenty of resources for everyone, if we will manage to restore our freedom, at least partially.

Offline gprebilsky

« Reply #183 on: January 14, 2013, 12:35:21 am »
I don't know if this is a touchy subject or not, but my personal belief is that I don't think anyone truly wants to do evil, but that there is a piece of good in all of us. This isn't some socialist moment.......I just have a hard time believing that evil is man made, it's the fall of man into temptation that is the cause. And to be oblivious to the fact that we are sometimes influenced is to deny our very existance, but as long as we stay the course and try to do the right thing.....good will follow. What's evil? telling yourself there is no evil. Bottom line.

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
« Reply #184 on: January 14, 2013, 01:12:06 am »
You can't use gaping flaws in mind uploading theory to debunk all of transhuman philosophy. Many transhumanists also disagree with mind uploading. This is like me trying to disprove Christianity by refuting the book of mormon. It doesn't change the fact that humans have flaws which can, and ought to be, fixed. The core of transhuman ideas is that man can ascend from his genetic prison, his limitations. Some propose mind uploading as a method, some propose substrate independence, genetic alteration, cybernetics, etc. Being human is a handicap to be overcome.

If you haven't already, please watch the movie called Endgame: Blueprint to Global enslavement.  I would be interested in your opinion on it.

love, e

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2013, 10:42:13 am »

KILLER INSTINCT

21 January 2013
by Emma Young

COSMOS Online

EXCERPTS:

AS THE SUN sets over a desert riddled with enemy fighters, a solitary Special Forces officer slips on his helmet. He chooses his next move, and his thoughts are transmitted silently to the rest of his unit. As he picks up his weapon, his helmet reads his thoughts, directing an autonomous combat robot positioned nearby to cover his advance. A continuous data stream from his brainwave-monitoring helmet transmits feedback on his stress levels and the information load on his brain to his commanding officer.

Credit: Jamie Tuffrey

Thanks to a skin patch delivering drugs into the bloodstream, his stress levels are in check, and, despite sleeping for just two of the past 72 hours, he’s still thinking clearly. Besides, when he enrolled for duty he was screened for his ability to manage highly stressful situations, and his brain scans showed him to be a calm, fast-thinking risk-taker – the perfect soldier.

This scenario sounds futuristic, and to some extent it still is. But recent advances in neuroscience are bringing many of these concepts closer to reality, and prototypes of some of these systems are available now. While the 20th century saw a revolution in weaponry, military engagements of the 21st century could be transformed by a new focus on the brain.

Brain-scanning helmets, neural stimulation and drug enhancement are part of this revolution. “We’re on the threshold of all these things,” says Rod Flower, a biochemical pharmacologist at Queen Mary, University of London. “In the future, the scope for neuroscience to give a military advantage could be very large.”

....... DARPA, for one, has made its desires public. In the short-to-medium term, it envisages brain–computer interfaces as sensory enhancers. A magnetic implant in a soldier’s fingertip could respond to data from an infrared sensor to allow them to ‘feel’ their way in the dark, for instance.

DARPA also envisions a device that would interpret signals from the brain to control an avatar moving through a virtual environment – or one that would allow the remote control of a drone aircraft or a robot or gun by thought alone.

Please read entire article here! ~~~~>http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/node/6366/full

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2013, 11:01:03 pm »

The hideous BAM in Obama: Brain Activity Map
Map your brain for your own good

by Jon Rappoport

February 18, 2013

First they map your brain. And by you, I mean everybody.

President Obama has just greenlighted a 10-year Manhattan Project for the human brain. I warned it was coming years ago.

The new billion-dollar enterprise is called BAM, the Brain Activity Map project. The fact that DARPA is one of the agencies involved tells you a great deal. DARPA is the cutting-edge military outfit in charge of new technologies for the Armed Forces. They want to create The Enhanced Soldier and all that that implies. Think “android.”

Behind the front of claims that BAM will create new therapies for mental disorders (for which no defining diagnostic tests even exist), the plan is to forward artificial intelligence (AI), which means creating a computer that works at least as well as the one inside your skull.

This is the technocrats’ wet dream: “We can now power up an artificial brain of such power and intelligence that it can make all crucial decisions for the human race from Central Planning.”

In the wake of Sandy Hook, other implications are also clear. BAM will be used to devise a Minority Report society, in which purported markers of future violence will be utilized to forcibly treat (with toxic drugs), contain, and prevent “predicted criminals” from carrying out fantasies percolating in their subconscious. Would those fantasies, if left alone, ever rise to the level of action? Irrelevant. Cast a wide net, in the name of Prevention.

Welcome to “expanded mental-health services.” You’re on a list? Oops. You must be treated. Here is your mandatory appointment slip. Yes, the drugs are highly toxic. Yes, they can and do cause you to commit horrendous acts of violence. But we don’t talk about that.

...............  It’s quite possible, move by move, to propagandize inhuman research, with government press releases, right into the era of the “brain-adapted” population.

Just as the public has bought into the idea that all mental disorders spring from “chemical imbalances,” despite the fact that no normal level of balance has ever been established, so it will be easy to convince the population that the abnormal brain activity of 100 billion neurons can be measured, categorized, specified, and treated.

Continued~~~~> http://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2013/02/18/the-hideous-bam-in-obama-map-your-brain-for-your-own-good/

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #187 on: February 18, 2013, 11:25:04 pm »
^ ^ ^ ^ ^  ^

Will the BAM "Brain Activity Mapping"
lead to country-wide 'round-ups' of the brain deficient
(like you and me) who are "not getting their
court-ordered treatment."? Is this what is ahead for
all of us CRAZIES?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scoop the nuts

Mentally ill roundup plan after train pushes

By JAMIE SCHRAM and LARRY CELONA
Last Updated: 3:52 AM, February 18, 2013

The city is making a major push to sweep the streets of dangerous, mentally ill New Yorkers — and has even compiled a most-wanted list, The Post has learned.

The measure follows a pair of high-profile subway-shove fatalities from December allegedly involving mentally ill individuals.

The city has already drawn up a list of 25 targets, sources said.

“After the Queens subway attack [of immigrant Sunando Sen], the [city] decided to take a proactive approach to track down the most dangerous mental-health patients that currently have mental-hygiene warrants” out for them, a law-enforcement source said.

Those warrants mean that the patients are not wanted for a crime but instead are being sought because they are not getting their court-ordered treatment.

There are a handful of cops assigned to the detail, which began working in the past few weeks, the source said.

Cops in the NYPD’s Real Time Crime Center are using high-tech methods to first track down the individuals, and detectives on the street have been assigned to then go after them and take them to hospitals, law-enforcement sources said.

In the past, the city Department of Health would ask cops for help finding mentally ill people who aren’t taking their court-mandated meds so they could be taken to clinics. But that only applied to those who had known addresses — and patients who went off the grid were rarely pursued, the sources said.

READ ARTICLE HERE  ~~~~~~>http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/scoop_the_nuts_TujGFMPDFLCfDgxDqmjHIL

Offline ianmathwiz7

« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2013, 08:05:48 pm »
Well, that thread was an interesting read.

Like Director X, I am a transhumanist.  I'm not one of the "mainstream" transhumanists that he predicted would show up to do some damage control, though.  Indeed, I know him through other channels.  I'm not quite as black hat as he is, but I still am a rather dark shade of grey.

I'm willing to initiate a Round II, here.  Feel free to ask me any questions, or raise any objections to transhumanism that you'd like, and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.  Perhaps this time we can get through it without people threatening hell, assuming that we work for some NWO, or generally calling names.  Your ball.

~Ian
"If you want to change the world, you are not going to do it as a businessman, or a politician or a sportsman. You can change the world by being a scientist or an engineer."

-- Kevin Warwick

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #189 on: March 29, 2013, 08:18:26 pm »
How did Director_X do with his retina Mod?
For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
From The Declaration of Arbroath 132

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2013, 08:23:03 pm »
I am also interested in how the nanobots as a prophylactic treatment for bioweapons program is going. The 400 bioweapons labs will become quite lethal as the economic implosion makes its way across the US. Nanobots may be our only defense with the exception of wearing my NBC suit 24/7.
For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2013, 08:30:04 pm »
Welcome ianmathwiz7.

Who exactly is funding the transhumanist movement? Looking for names and access to tax returns as proof. Of course there are factions but the funding has to come from somewhere.

What past, specific, landmark successes can black hat transhuminists cite that have achieved their goals?

Two of my original questions never quite got directly answered in this thread. Do you have any information that would answer these questions?
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2013, 08:37:36 pm »
Maybe it would be better if you explained your background a little better as transhumanism is a really broad label.

Oh, by the way evil satan blah blah blah hell fire damnation etc...  I couldn't help it.. but I am feeling better..

Offline ianmathwiz7

« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2013, 10:08:35 pm »
How did Director_X do with his retina Mod?

He hasn't done it yet.  A bunch of us are working on it, though.  We need to practice genetic engineering with some smaller milestones first; with any luck, we'll be able to move on to the eye mod relatively soon.

I am also interested in how the nanobots as a prophylactic treatment for bioweapons program is going. The 400 bioweapons labs will become quite lethal as the economic implosion makes its way across the US. Nanobots may be our only defense with the exception of wearing my NBC suit 24/7.

Nanotechnology is advancing, but I don't know how well it's able to essentially disarm bioweapons at this point.

Two of my original questions never quite got directly answered in this thread. Do you have any information that would answer these questions?

Well, as phrased, your question seems to suppose that there's this monolithic thing called the transhumanist movement, which is not the case (as jerryweaver points out, transhumanism is a broad label).  However, I'll interpret your question as charitably as I can so that I can give you a sensible answer.

There are, for example, advocacy organizations such as Humanity+ which have the goal of promoting transhumanism among the general population.  It appears that a fair amount of their funding comes from stuff like membership fees, donations etc.  They're a 501(c)(3), so getting tax returns should be pretty easy.

There's another class of organization that's relevant here, though, which refers to the groups that are conducting research in order to accomplish goals which transhumanists would say is a step towards their future.  Their funding comes from a wide variety of places; for example, organizations like DARPA get their funding from the U.S. government, but there are also plenty of privately-funded organizations which are funded either by some private company or by the market itself.  I don't have any tax returns for this category of organization.

To my mind, though, the real transhumanists are those who are actively taking steps to realize their future.  These are the grinders and biohackers; the ones who hack yoghurt in their kitchen, who implant themselves with cybernetic parts in their basement, or who attach their brains to electrodes to see what happens.  Just as a baker is someone who bakes, and an actor is someone who acts, a transhumanist should be someone who transhumanizes.

As for what has been achieved by this brand of transhumanist, there's the yoghurt-hacking example I mentioned, as well as my own invention, which is a literal Thinking Cap, which basically zaps your brain with electromagnetism to, in some sense, "overclock" it.  There's also been a lot of experimentation with sensory extension.  Lepht Anonym (see here for a talk on its achievements and failures) is a particularly interesting case here.  The experiments of Kevin Warwick are a partial example, but the difference is that he's doing this in a university lab.  Part of the problem is that the grinding movement is relatively new, and has relatively few adherents, so we essentially have to tackle our project ideas one at a time.

Maybe it would be better if you explained your background a little better as transhumanism is a really broad label.

Oh, by the way evil satan blah blah blah hell fire damnation etc...  I couldn't help it.. but I am feeling better..

Certainly.  I'm currently a university student.  I was originally going to become a research theoretical physicist, but that seems less likely now.  I've gotten somewhat disillusioned with academia in the past few years.  Meanwhile, I've been very active in the practical transhumanist (grinding, biohacking) community.  I've come up with several mod ideas since then, a couple of which have been put into practice, and I co-founded a collective which was intended to make faster progress in this area and to get these mods into the hands of the public.  I guess that about sums up my position with respect to transhumanism...did you have anything more specific than that in mind?

Talking about hellfire, etc. isn't necessarily off-limits either; in fact, I'll be happy to discuss religion and why I don't think I'm burning in hell if the conversation moves in that direction.  What I was saying was that, if anyone here thinks that I'm hell-bound, an agent of the Illuminati, or the embodiment of evil, I'm much prefer that you give specific reasons why you think so, rather than just threatening me or speculating about my mental state; else you're not being particularly productive.  When I was criticizing this tendency, I had in mind statements more along the lines of the following:

Mr. Director ... do you even realize that you are the epicenter of evil
in this misguided planet today? But I know ... you don't care about
humanity, which I assume you are not one.

which are just vague insults that don't add anything.

~Ian
"If you want to change the world, you are not going to do it as a businessman, or a politician or a sportsman. You can change the world by being a scientist or an engineer."

-- Kevin Warwick

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2013, 10:18:45 pm »
Care to make a statement on the effect of three dimensional printing graphene and its effect on the transhumanist objectives. As sometimes metal sculpture I would really be able to accomplish a lot more with an exoskeleton.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2013, 10:38:06 pm »

What I was saying was that, if anyone here thinks that I'm hell-bound, an agent of the Illuminati, or the embodiment of evil, I'm much prefer that you give specific reasons why you think so, rather than just threatening me or speculating about my mental state; else you're not being particularly productive.  When I was criticizing this tendency, I had in mind statements more along the lines of the following:

Quote from: Jackson Holly on October 17, 2012, 09:38:44 AM

Mr. Director ... do you even realize that you are the epicenter of evil
in this misguided planet today? But I know ... you don't care about
humanity, which I assume you are not one.

which are just vague insults that don't add anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Director_X:
I am personally a black hat transhumanist, which basically means I don't give a damn about humanity ....

The OP made this statement in his opening salvo ... that is what I was referring to. Through the course of the thread so-far, though, I have become much more sensitive to his very human predicament ... but still believe his salvation lies in his soul ... and not in a chemistry set.

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2013, 10:55:31 pm »
Well, that brings us to the inevitable question.  Ianmathwiz7, Are you or have you ever been affiliated with a religious belief system. Ever seen a miracle or supernatural event?
And in your experience with the tranhumanist culture have you met anyone playing with Quantum Physics? That is mind over matter.
Is anyone in the transhuminist culture playing with amplifiers like the God Helmet?

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #197 on: March 30, 2013, 12:30:07 am »
Our "trans-humanist" friends should rejoice at this news:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/biological-computer-that-lives-inside-the-body-comes-one-step-closer-as-scientists-make-transistor-out-of-dna-and-rna-8553915.html

THURSDAY 28 MARCH 2013

Biological computer that 'lives' inside the body
comes one step closer as scientists make
transistor out of DNA and RNA

Finding could lead to new biodegradable devices based
on living cells that are capable of detecting changes in the environment

Scientists believe they are close to building the first truly biological computer made from the organic molecules of life and capable of working within the living cells of organisms ranging from microbes to man.

The researchers said that they have made a transistor – the critical switch at the heart of all computers – from DNA and RNA, the two biological molecules that store the information necessary for living things to replicate and grow.

Silicon transistors control the direction of flow of electrical impulses within computer chips, but the biological transistor controls the movement of an enzyme called RNA polymerase along a strand of the DNA molecule, the scientists said.

Ultimately, the aim is to use the biological transistors – called transcriptors – to make simple but extremely small biological computers that could be programmed to monitor and perhaps affect the functioning of the living cells in which they operate, researchers said.

It could lead to new biodegradable devices based on living cells that are capable of detecting changes in the environment, or intelligent microscopic vehicles for delivering drugs within the body, or a biological monitor for counting number of times a human cell divides so that the device could destroy the cell if it became cancerous, the scientists said.

“Biological computers can be used to study and reprogram living systems, monitor environments and improve cellular therapeutics,” said Drew Endy, assistant professor of bioengineering at Stanford University in California, who led the study published in the journal Science.

Last year, Professor Endy announced new ways of using biological molecules to store information and to transmit data from one cell to another. The latest study adds the third critical component of computing – a biological transistor that acts as a “logic gate” to determine whether a biochemical question is true or false.

Logic gates are critical for a computer to function properly. In a biological setting the use of logical data processing is almost as limitless as its use in conventional electronic computing, said Jerome Bonnet, a bioengineer within the Endy laboratory, and the lead author of the study.

“You could test whether a given cell had been exposed to any number of external stimuli – the presence of glucose and caffeine for instance. [Logic] gates would allow you to make the determination and store that information so you could easily identify those which had been exposed and which had not,” Dr Bonnet said.

Biological computers have been the dream of electronic engineers for decades because they open the possibility of a new generation of ultra-small, ultra-fast devices that could be incorporated into the machinery of living organisms.

“For example, suppose we could partner with microbes and plants to record events, natural or otherwise, and convert this information into easily observed signals. That would greatly expand our ability to monitor the environment,” Professor Endy said.

“So the future of computing need not only be a question of putting people and things together with ubiquitous silicon computers. The future will be much richer if we can imagine new modes of computing in new places and with new materials – and then find ways to bring those new modes to life,” he said.

Offline ianmathwiz7

« Reply #198 on: March 30, 2013, 12:47:17 am »
Care to make a statement on the effect of three dimensional printing graphene and its effect on the transhumanist objectives. As sometimes metal sculpture I would really be able to accomplish a lot more with an exoskeleton.

Sure.  3-D printing and graphene (and nanotechnology in general) are some interests of mine.  Transhumanists have, indeed, written about graphene and how totally awesome it is.  However, I don't really think it's changed the objectives any; all it's really done is provide a means to achieve some of them.  Personally, my main interest with graphene is nanotechnological; DIY nanotechnology is something I'm working to achieve.  One of my planned projects is to create an array of quantum dots using a sheet of graphene.

The OP made this statement in his opening salvo ... that is what I was referring to.

I know.  I was talking about the first sentence, not the second.  Calling someone the "epicenter of evil" is just an insult; it doesn't mean anything.  And FWIW, I personally wear a hat in the shade of dark grey.

... but still believe his salvation lies in his soul ... and not in a chemistry set.

I'm sure that you believe that.  Personally, I'm of the opinion that everyone should be free to work out their own "salvation" for lack of a better word.

Well, that brings us to the inevitable question.  Ianmathwiz7, Are you or have you ever been affiliated with a religious belief system. Ever seen a miracle or supernatural event?

I was baptised Lutheran.  I even went to Sunday School for a few years, but I was never particularly into it.  I basically renounced my Christianity completely when I went to a funeral once, and having to say and sing things like "Let me be thy servant, Lord" absolutely disgusted me.  Around the same time, I started getting really into science and philosophy.  I still believed in a divine providence of some sort; I think that I was some combination of deism, neo-paganism, and some Eastern religious crap (to this day, I'm still much more sympathetic to those ideas than I am to the Abrahamic religions).  However, when I was 17, I found that the arguments that I had thought supported my belief in any god actually failed to provide any justification.  At that point, I pretty much realised, "This is all nonsense; I'm an atheist."  Since then, I have never affiliated with any religious belief system.

I've had experiences that some would probably attribute to the supernatural, but I don't believe that they actually were supernatural in origin.

And in your experience with the tranhumanist culture have you met anyone playing with Quantum Physics? That is mind over matter.

First, as a physics student, I can assure you that quantum mechanics has nothing to do with "mind over matter."  Nothing in its equations imply it, and while there are plenty of interpretations of QM, none are seriously considered among philosophers of physics which include mind over matter (even among those who believe in the primacy of consciousness).

That being said, to my knowledge, no transhumanists are experimenting with it in the sense that you're talking about, but many do think that we can give ourselves a similar ability using technology to augment our capabilities.

Is anyone in the transhuminist culture playing with amplifiers like the God Helmet?

Yes; namely, me.  I've designed and built my own version (as well as a more general TMS).  I want to tweak it a bit before I start testing it, though.

Our "trans-humanist" friends should rejoice at this news:

That is interesting.  There are also transistors that work using ions, so you could write programs that control the flow of certain compounds based on the concentration.  I wouldn't stop at transistors, though; I'd go further and work on developing an implementation of quantum computing, which works on a different principle entirely.

Cheers,
~Ian

-- Kevin Warwick

Offline ianmathwiz7

« Reply #199 on: March 31, 2013, 09:10:19 pm »
Something else you all might find interesting (or scary), which I'm sure you've heard about, is the recent achievement of telepathy between rats.  I'm actually trying to work on a DIY solution to this problem for humans (well, sort of; I don't have a lot of spare time right now).

~Ian

-- Kevin Warwick