Malevolent evil satanic transhumanist/eugenics troll exposed

Author Topic: Malevolent evil satanic transhumanist/eugenics troll exposed  (Read 112735 times)

Offline Animadverto

Re: Malevolent evil satanic transhumanist/eugenics troll exposed
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2012, 02:44:11 PM »
"Greetings Meatslaves"  - this guy sounds like a real "psycho control freak", also consistent with some "Satanic" cults out there.   These useful idiots, be they operatives or operative wanabees, don't realize that when the time comes, and they are no longer needed, they too will be retired into the dirt ditch. 

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2012, 02:52:02 PM »
JH

DX
I am interested in debating about these issues on a philosophical level ... not interested in the
latest neuro-gadget, nano-maya or godhead-gene-splicing.

In my previous post I brought up the Philosopher's Stone, mostly to determine on what level
your understanding of hermetics/alchemy is on. You seem to be on the 'cover story' level ...
the turning-base-metals-into-gold level.

I don't doubt that at some point mankind may be able to counterfeit gold / to manipulate
the periodic table to some degree ... so what? That is NOT what the alchemists/occultists and
their "stone/stein" is about. It is about what we call psychedelics ... and mind manipulation ...
and what the misguided philosophers would call, "a direct knowledge of God".

What I want you to see is that it is illusion ... the alchemists were wrong ... deluded ... drunk
on their notion of immortality ... and so are you and the 'trans-humanists'. So what if you
put your brain in a bottle, or 'download your memory into a computer' ... so what?

The philosopher's stone ... whether plant-based chemistry or neuro-electric tampering ...
is evil ... it is the grand trickster f*cking with you, having a joke with your gullibility.

The Universe, this existence ... is PERFECT. Everything is EXACTLY the way it has to be to
exist ... life is PERFECT ... humans are PERFECT. You are looking for God in all the wrong places.

Give me your opinion on this quote:

“Technology invariably trumps ideology. And I am inclined to think that history increasingly suggests that human social change is more directly driven by technology than by ideology. I think we develop ideologies in an attempt to cope with technologies and that in fact we’ve been doing that all along. Technology is knowing how to grow, harvest and store cereals without which you can’t really do a city. Technology is knowing how to build efficient sewage infrastructure without which you can’t build a slightly larger city. So I think of technologies as the drivers and ideologies as an attempt to steer.”
-William Gibson

People will fight tooth and nail to preserve their old ideologies so they don't appear wrong. It is ok to wrong. All of this technology is coming soon whether you like it or not. Remember when people were whispering rumors about an illuminati conspiracy that involved all of the media organizations in the world being controlled and manipulated? Made sense in the 80s maybe. How real is that threat now with the internet? Are the NWO controlling this forum? I doubt it. You hear less about this conspiracy now. Our ideologies have changed to adapt to technology.

You will need to think ahead and imagine your ideologies in the future which is coming. I'd love to discuss philosophies, but that would be better done on google chat or something. I'd be willing to do a session if anyone is interested.
"Word was sent from Aralu that the accusers should be allowed to pass the seven gates, to discover the truth from him. Seeing him upon that throne they were stricken with dumbness and terror, for they saw that their accusations had been too timid, and now feared the beast would speak truths to them"

Offline Scootle

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2012, 03:01:51 PM »
There is a great documentary called Technocalyps which is a good place to start. It is in 3 parts, and I thought it was pretty even-handed. It was free on youtube for a long time but I can't find it there now.

I've seen Technopalypse and want to know what you think of this quote ....

"We are going to become Gods, PERIOD. If you don't like it, get off. You don't have to contribute.
You don't have to participate. But if you're gonna to interfere with ME becoming a God,
you're gonna have big trouble. And we'll have warfare."

~ Richard Seed, Human Cloning Researcher,
TechnoCalyps - Part II - Preparing for the Singularity (18:44)
The truth will set you free
From global tyranny
Wake up American slobs
9/11 was an inside job
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OntBg2qwk_M&fmt=35

Century of Manipulation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mujq-C1UAw0

... Here's Tom with the weather!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CCIcjIngLA

Offline supermegaman

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2012, 03:05:16 PM »
fortunately, whether you like to admit it or not, you and your ilk are not in control.  There IS a God by the name of Jesus Christ whose plan for the world you are following.  These actions of a final world government and a world-wide financial collapse along with the Mark of the Beast were written down in the Bible almost 2,000 years ago.  

One of these days you will die and meet your creator.  That SHOULD be a sobering thought for you.  It is not some delusion of wild, religious fanatics.  You cannot think away how the Bible has survived for so long and how it changes lives and saves souls even today. The word of God cuts sharper than any two-edged sword. You cannot think away or rationalize how Israel has come back out of the ashes, (just as it was prophesied to, to the very year by the way), or the countless other prophesies in the Bible that have come true.  One of these days you WILL meet God and your knee WILL bow to Him, no matter how "intelligent or advanced" you think you are.  

I don't know what has gone on in your life to hate your fellow man as you do.  Obviously some traumatizing event in your past has warped your sense of fellowship, of love for your neighbor, and for even yourself.  

I pity you and hope you come to a saving relationship with Christ Jesus.  

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2012, 03:10:14 PM »
So , um, do you think the transhumanists could give us a political candidate who is incapable of violating the constitution and bill of rights? We spend a heck of a lot of keystrokes here bemoaning our collective predicament regarding corrupt government.

If we had a benevolent AI controlled pres and senate congress it would probably save a lot of trouble.

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2012, 03:27:21 PM »
could you elaborate on this?  even in general terms.  is this related to a false rapture, alien announcement, project BlueBeam, or other manipulative programs in the works?  what is the expected outcome?  be as specific as you can as to what to expect.  my life and my families lives are important to me, whether they are to you or not.   thank you and I will pray for your eternal soul. 

It just happens to be the date of an event I am speaking at in Los Angeles. A few people might fall asleep during the talk, but it won't kill anybody, don't worry.
"Word was sent from Aralu that the accusers should be allowed to pass the seven gates, to discover the truth from him. Seeing him upon that throne they were stricken with dumbness and terror, for they saw that their accusations had been too timid, and now feared the beast would speak truths to them"

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2012, 04:07:12 PM »
So then you say you do love select parts of humanity - your children! But if you teach them to hate humanity you do them a disservice because they will never be all they could be! They will grow up thinking that some humans are expendable! That's eugenics, buddy!
Like any good parent, I try to protect them from the horrors of humanity. I can't keep them in the dark for life. I know a day will come when they see humanity for what it is. They can make their own minds up when that happens and they can either join me in the future or not.

Do you realize that the elite are eugenicists who believe the same as you? That makes you no better than they yet you rail against psychopaths? The elite are psychopaths! It is they who are destroying the planet! You seem very confused!
When you say "elite", you mean the top 1% of wealth holders? Do you mean the Rothchilds? I don't support in eugenics. I support hyper diversity. That involves genetic alteration sometimes. Genetic modification does not equal eugenics. If you are against eugenics, there is a huge eugenic plot in the United States that has been in effect for 250 years against the African American population. It has been waged with legislation, not genetics, but it has had the same results. Why not fight that?

Btw, have you heard of Eric Pianka? Do you think this guy is mentally balanced? Do you agree with him?

I know of him. I don't agree with his conclusions. I don't consider him a transhumanist either. He might be an anti-natalist.

Do you consider transhumanism your religion? Remember, you said we could ask you any questions!
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/april2006/050406religionofgenocide.htm
No. In fact, I despise that other transhumanists view it that was to be honest. Many of them have fallen into the same traps of faith and mysticism that religion has. They view the singularity like it is some sort of rapture event. Some are constructing a digital messiah. It disgusts me.

I believe in a self directed biology and a self directed life free from the tyranny of man, society, or gods. I reject the notion that man should rely on faith in a reward that may never come when he can create many rewards himself without divine assistance.

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2012, 04:54:03 PM »
Director_X Quote: Many of them have fallen into the same traps of faith and mysticism that religion has. They view the singularity like it is some sort of rapture event. Some are constructing a digital messiah. It disgusts me.

How is faith a trap?   Have you always thought this way? 
I asked you earlier if you ever have had paranormal experiences. 
Surely you have had highly improbable coincidences happen. Most everybody does.
There is a phenomena called "normalcy bias".
People who are insecure and subconsciously afraid of certain subjects cannot mentally process their occurrence. 
We deal with that all the time when discussing things like 9/11 truth.   
You seem to be biased about Metaphysical matters. Is this true?
Maybe you have truly never seen anything coincidental that was beyond coincidental.
If that is the case you cannot be a Satanist and somebody owes you an apology.
All the Satanists I have known have a deep faith in their cause.

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2012, 05:02:31 PM »
I've seen Technopalypse and want to know what you think of this quote ....

Richard Seed is a man after my own heart. I don't know much about him and have never met him, but I can tell we would get along just by that quote. I want you to see how merciful it is.

"if you don't like it, get off. You don't have to contribute. You don't have to participate."

contrast that to another transhuman school of thought which might sound like this:

"You have a duty to your country and fellow man to aid in alleviating suffering caused by the human condition. Everyone will benefit from our new glorious medical and technological breakthroughs and we promise not to leave anyone behind. Therefore, we require a contribution of labor and are offering in return a free mandatory educational camp to inform you about all of the features of this new technology which will ensure our economy will thrive and continue to be a world superpower."

Clearly two different schools of thought, right? So maybe you allow Mr. Seed to do what he whilst...or maybe you prefer quote #2? Maybe you are able to get laws passed to stop them both, and none of them achieve godhood. But guess what? Lets say that the second quote didn't occur in the United States. It occurred in China. What does that mean for you now? Can you imagine a population of 1.6 billion people with IQs of 190+, who are immune to disease, have regenerative technology, and no longer need to sleep? A nation of inexhaustible workers who are also genius innovators?

At that point you will beg Richard Seed for help, but it will be too late. Tech is too exponential. A single year of delay will have cost you the race. Once again, humans are reduced to lowly meatslaves before superior beings.

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2012, 05:07:33 PM »
There are a few problems that I see with transhumanism that apply to all factions.

There are always risks involved with any body modification We have already seen infected tattoos/piercings (not to mention buyer’s remorse), silicone implants gone wrong, and the horrors of too much plastic surgery.

Those that accept transhumanist modification become dependent upon it.

All tech has vulnerabilities. For example, saline water balloons would cause problems for taser users. A single EMP pulse would neutralize all electronics embedded in the body. It would be pretty easy to kill a “god”-man with a chip maintaining his heartbeat. Software always seems to be buggy regardless of the amount of beta-testing prior to release. A cup of coffee on a laptop turns it into a doorstop.

To expand on the unknown variables idea, transhumanism focuses on just tech and limits the discussion to forces in a 3-dimensional universe; whereas science has expanded to recognize influences beyond that box. James Redford has posted his peer-reviewed paper in this forum involving mainline physics as an example. There are discussions of a multiverse, quantum physics, and electric universe all of which may or may not influence human existence.

I can see men with “godlike abilities” being short-lived, lots of destruction via trial-and-error, and constant required maintenance if this idea is pursued.

Just an observation.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2012, 05:23:00 PM »
fortunately, whether you like to admit it or not, you and your ilk are not in control.  There IS a God by the name of Jesus Christ whose plan for the world you are following.  These actions of a final world government and a world-wide financial collapse along with the Mark of the Beast were written down in the Bible almost 2,000 years ago.  

One of these days you will die and meet your creator.  That SHOULD be a sobering thought for you.  It is not some delusion of wild, religious fanatics.  You cannot think away how the Bible has survived for so long and how it changes lives and saves souls even today. The word of God cuts sharper than any two-edged sword. You cannot think away or rationalize how Israel has come back out of the ashes, (just as it was prophesied to, to the very year by the way), or the countless other prophesies in the Bible that have come true.  One of these days you WILL meet God and your knee WILL bow to Him, no matter how "intelligent or advanced" you think you are.  

I don't know what has gone on in your life to hate your fellow man as you do.  Obviously some traumatizing event in your past has warped your sense of fellowship, of love for your neighbor, and for even yourself.  

I pity you and hope you come to a saving relationship with Christ Jesus.  

What evidence do you have of God? If your response is "the holy spirit" then I have a challenge for you.

What if I told you that I knew of a medication that could turn off these delusions? It effectively makes it impossible to feel the holy spirit. God, with all of his awesome power, is silenced by a small pill and nothing he can do can overcome it. Would you take the challenge? Surely if god is all powerful he would be able to bypass a little pill, right? And surely you don't doubt god, right? Lets put this faith of your to a test then. Are you game?

On the flip side, what if I told you that I know of a device that can trigger powerful feelings on cosmic relevance within you? You will tremble and become overwhelmed with the feelings of the holy spirit on demand. Your entire life will seem to be guided by him, and you will become hyper aware of his plan for you and for those around you? Would you be willing to try this device out? It would be a hit at church. I could make it look like a pope hat, a crown of thorns, whatever you want. The funny thing is that you can use this device an commit horrible acts at the same time. Acts that your god will disapprove of. You feel his love all throughout the experience. I guarantee it.

These are personal feelings. There are many transhumanists who are Christian, Muslim, Mormon, Jewish, etc. Transhumanism can complement many religions,

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2012, 05:28:54 PM »
Richard Seed is a man after my own heart. I don't know much about him and have never met him, but I can tell we would get along just by that quote. I want you to see how merciful it is.

"if you don't like it, get off. You don't have to contribute. You don't have to participate."

contrast that to another transhuman school of thought which might sound like this:

"You have a duty to your country and fellow man to aid in alleviating suffering caused by the human condition. Everyone will benefit from our new glorious medical and technological breakthroughs and we promise not to leave anyone behind. Therefore, we require a contribution of labor and are offering in return a free mandatory educational camp to inform you about all of the features of this new technology which will ensure our economy will thrive and continue to be a world superpower."

Clearly two different schools of thought, right? So maybe you allow Mr. Seed to do what he whilst...or maybe you prefer quote #2? Maybe you are able to get laws passed to stop them both, and none of them achieve godhood. But guess what? Lets say that the second quote didn't occur in the United States. It occurred in China. What does that mean for you now? Can you imagine a population of 1.6 billion people with IQs of 190+, who are immune to disease, have regenerative technology, and no longer need to sleep? A nation of inexhaustible workers who are also genius innovators?

At that point you will beg Richard Seed for help, but it will be too late. Tech is too exponential. A single year of delay will have cost you the race. Once again, humans are reduced to lowly meatslaves before superior beings.

Interesting this is an issue of competition. I hope you are aware of the Chinese using price as a way of sneaking trojan horse computer firmware into US computers and military tech. As well as the whole Siemens controllers and Stuxnet virus debacle made in Israel putting the whole world at risk.
On a societal level the Globalists have used the Chinese, Soviets, and just about everybody as laboratories in figuring out how to control us with Memes in the Media and the list goes on...
That is the greatest fear People have with transhumanism. That it will be weaponized. What has not been weaponized? And why is biogear different?  

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2012, 05:35:28 PM »
So , um, do you think the transhumanists could give us a political candidate who is incapable of violating the constitution and bill of rights? We spend a heck of a lot of keystrokes here bemoaning our collective predicament regarding corrupt government.

If we had a benevolent AI controlled pres and senate congress it would probably save a lot of trouble.

I'll do better than that. I promise nobody will take away your second ammendment rights. 3d printers can print fully automatic weapons all day long. You can literally arm an entire nation with cutting edge weapons within 24 hours. Try to ban that Obama! 3d printers will be as common in every home as the microwave is with 5 years.

The internet guarantees you a voice, no matter how stupid, that nobody can censor because of rebel heroes like annonymous and CCC who are a productive counter conspiracy against censorship.

I'll give you freedom from illegal taxation if you chose to use bitcoin, the p2p untraceable cryptocurrency.

You don't need a document to allow you these things either. You just take them. I see a future with zero flags. Don't confuse this with a world under one flag. I fight for zero flags. I have technologies in mind to make all functions of government obsolete. I'm sure humans will still inflict government upon each other though,and I wish you luck with that. This is a black hat transhumanist agenda btw. Some transhumanists are very opposed to it.

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2012, 05:37:56 PM »
What evidence do you have of God? If your response is "the holy spirit" then I have a challenge for you.

What if I told you that I knew of a medication that could turn off these delusions? It effectively makes it impossible to feel the holy spirit. God, with all of his awesome power, is silenced by a small pill and nothing he can do can overcome it. Would you take the challenge? Surely if god is all powerful he would be able to bypass a little pill, right? And surely you don't doubt god, right? Lets put this faith of your to a test then. Are you game?

On the flip side, what if I told you that I know of a device that can trigger powerful feelings on cosmic relevance within you? You will tremble and become overwhelmed with the feelings of the holy spirit on demand. Your entire life will seem to be guided by him, and you will become hyper aware of his plan for you and for those around you? Would you be willing to try this device out? It would be a hit at church. I could make it look like a pope hat, a crown of thorns, whatever you want. The funny thing is that you can use this device an commit horrible acts at the same time. Acts that your god will disapprove of. You feel his love all throughout the experience. I guarantee it.

These are personal feelings. There are many transhumanists who are Christian, Muslim, Mormon, Jewish, etc. Transhumanism can complement many religions,

Direct_X is absolutely correct!!  Faith without works is dead!!  Signs and wonders will follow those that truly  believe. Says it right in the Bible.

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2012, 06:12:09 PM »

I have a challenge for you. Go someplace where you feel comfortable yelling and acting "irrational". Tell God, The Universe or Whatever to put up or shut up. Scream at the top of your voice " Show me the money".
Tell "it" I want third party verification. "Do something Mutha Fu@&er"  I have done that, it works.  Forces beyond your comprehension will make themselves known to you. If you would like and it seems you would we can dothat on your behalf here at Prison Planet Forum. Just say the word.

Offline goforward

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2012, 06:55:12 PM »
Give me your opinion on this quote:

“Technology invariably trumps ideology. And I am inclined to think that history increasingly suggests that human social change is more directly driven by technology than by ideology. I think we develop ideologies in an attempt to cope with technologies and that in fact we’ve been doing that all along. Technology is knowing how to grow, harvest and store cereals without which you can’t really do a city. Technology is knowing how to build efficient sewage infrastructure without which you can’t build a slightly larger city. So I think of technologies as the drivers and ideologies as an attempt to steer.”
-William Gibson

Ha

On the most basic level, computers in my books are simply a metaphor for human memory: I'm interested in the hows and whys of memory, the ways it defines who and what we are, in how easily memory is subject to revision. When I was writing Neuromancer, it was wonderful to be able to tie a lot of these interests into the computer metaphor. It wasn't until I could finally afford a computer of my own that I found out there's a drive mechanism inside — this little thing that spins around. I'd been expecting an exotic crystalline thing, a cyberspace deck or something, and what I got was a little piece of a Victorian engine that made noises like a scratchy old record player. That noise took away some of the mystique for me; it made computers less sexy. My ignorance had allowed me to romanticize them.
        William Gibson Interview with Larry McCaffery in Storming the Reality Studio : A Casebook of Cyberpunk and Postmodern Science Fiction, Duke University Press (December 1991)
Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2012, 06:56:23 PM »
Interesting this is an issue of competition. I hope you are aware of the Chinese using price as a way of sneaking trojan horse computer firmware into US computers and military tech. As well as the whole Siemens controllers and Stuxnet virus debacle made in Israel putting the whole world at risk.
On a societal level the Globalists have used the Chinese, Soviets, and just about everybody as laboratories in figuring out how to control us with Memes in the Media and the list goes on...
That is the greatest fear People have with transhumanism. That it will be weaponized. What has not been weaponized? And why is biogear different?  

I lived and worked in China for a few years. I know firsthand that they are ambitious and will not hesitate to take any advantage they can gain. I'm aware of the hardware issues you mentioned, as well as Stuxnet (stuxnet may have saved us all).

If there is one thing I hope anyone reading this would remember, it is that the weapons are going to exist no matter who is holding them. They will be here to stay too. That means that a Nazi group with a bioterrorist weapon might be stopped, but the weapons are still there whenever any other group wants to pick them up. There is no end to these groups either. Everyone feels disenfranchised at some point in their life. I've heard talk of revolution more than once from Alex Jones. Everyone has to decide if it is the weapon they hate or a group they hate. Then they need to accept the fact that both exist and then prepare themselves accordingly.

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2012, 07:31:33 PM »
Ha

On the most basic level, computers in my books are simply a metaphor for human memory: I'm interested in the hows and whys of memory, the ways it defines who and what we are, in how easily memory is subject to revision. When I was writing Neuromancer, it was wonderful to be able to tie a lot of these interests into the computer metaphor. It wasn't until I could finally afford a computer of my own that I found out there's a drive mechanism inside — this little thing that spins around. I'd been expecting an exotic crystalline thing, a cyberspace deck or something, and what I got was a little piece of a Victorian engine that made noises like a scratchy old record player. That noise took away some of the mystique for me; it made computers less sexy. My ignorance had allowed me to romanticize them.
        William Gibson Interview with Larry McCaffery in Storming the Reality Studio : A Casebook of Cyberpunk and Postmodern Science Fiction, Duke University Press (December 1991)

Another great quote. I'm saving that one. It goes to show that people mystify the things they do not understand. Once you understand the workings of a neural implant, they are less scary.

Thanks for finding that goforward!

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2012, 07:34:45 PM »

The technology storm has this planet on a roller coaster to hell ...
the human race should not always do something just because
it is doable. We should have learned this big time over the centuries ... did
the planet REALLY need gunpowder? Gatling guns? Atomic weapons?
Sarin gas? Agent Orange? Abortion pills? Reaper drones? Genetic
tampering? Frankenfood? Pigs that glow in the dark?

How do we stop it? By just not going there. By growing up as
a species ... stop chasing shiny objects ... stop treating the
natural world as a play toy ... or as raw materials for a jaded,
kill-happy, blood simple, totalitarian dream machine.

St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2012, 07:37:21 PM »
I have a challenge for you. Go someplace where you feel comfortable yelling and acting "irrational". Tell God, The Universe or Whatever to put up or shut up. Scream at the top of your voice " Show me the money".
Tell "it" I want third party verification. "Do something Mutha Fu@&er"  I have done that, it works.  Forces beyond your comprehension will make themselves known to you. If you would like and it seems you would we can dothat on your behalf here at Prison Planet Forum. Just say the word.

I've screamed at the bastard countless times without results. I would love nothing more than for the prison planet forum to scream at god on my behalf. It will take much to move a soul as callous as mine, but I accept your challenge.

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2012, 07:49:43 PM »

The technology storm has this planet on a roller coaster to hell ...
the human race should not always do something just because
it is doable. We should have learned this big time over the centuries ... did
the planet REALLY need gunpowder? Gatling guns? Atomic weapons?
Sarin gas? Agent Orange? Abortion pills? Reaper drones? Genetic
tampering? Frankenfood? Pigs that glow in the dark?

How do we stop it? By just not going there. By growing up as
a species ... stop chasing shiny objects ... stop treating the
natural world as a play toy ... or as raw materials for a jaded,
kill-happy, blood simple, totalitarian dream machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqkI691dxNg&feature=related

I'm sure someone had the same argument against the reaper drones, the cotton gin, agent orange, and the other things you listed. How did that go over? There 6 billion people on earth. Do you think you can reach each one and plead with them to abandon technology and trust that their fellows will do the same? I think it is a waste of time to try to persuade people to this logic, because there will always be people like me who will build whatever golems they need to in order to protect themselves from people who would oppress us.

There is a chance we would not be alive without atomic weapons and gun powder. You never know how the ripple effect is going to work.

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2012, 08:01:53 PM »
I've screamed at the bastard countless times without results. I would love nothing more than for the prison planet forum to scream at god on my behalf. It will take much to move a soul as callous as mine, but I accept your challenge.
O.K. Game on !!

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2012, 08:17:31 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqkI691dxNg&feature=related

I'm sure someone had the same argument against the reaper drones, the cotton gin, agent orange, and the other things you listed. How did that go over? There 6 billion people on earth. Do you think you can reach each one and plead with them to abandon technology and trust that their fellows will do the same? I think it is a waste of time to try to persuade people to this logic, because there will always be people like me who will build whatever golems they need to in order to protect themselves from people who would oppress us.

There is a chance we would not be alive without atomic weapons and gun powder. You never know how the ripple effect is going to work.

Captain Hindsight ... LOL!

Maybe I do sound like him sometimes ... but I like to
think I'm a bit more like Captain Foresight.

In our day we only see the technocracy as inevitable
because of the intense predictive programming that
we have undergone ... how many billion dollar Hollywood
movie-spectacles have our brains been subjected to,
creating in our consciousness the 'reality' of the coming
world of trans/post humanity? It has been drilled into my
head by the media and the "education system" since I
was a kid in the 1950s, that the universe is souless and
mechanical ... a barren wasteland to be conquered
by us humans, who are mere machine freaks that
need re-booting ...  to embrace Nietzsche's Superman
gone Megadeath. Those in charge have brought us here to
this jumping off point ... we must resist the suicide impulse.

Here's a video I just uploaded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMl9vLK6-2U&list=UUc-h2esV3BXgazCFTa4G8BA&index=1&feature=plcp

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2012, 09:02:25 PM »
There are a few problems that I see with transhumanism that apply to all factions.

There are always risks involved with any body modification We have already seen infected tattoos/piercings (not to mention buyer’s remorse), silicone implants gone wrong, and the horrors of too much plastic surgery.
True, there are challenges we have been facing. Transdermal implants have been giving us problems due to the high rate of infection. Some people are fine with them, but others...not so much. We were having issues with powering subdermal devices, but we overcame those recently by using inductive charging methods which allows us to charge devices without cutting ourselves open again. We will be releasing one implant in Dec that can take all kinds of internal data and sends it to your smart phone or display info through your skin via an LED display. It is pretty cool, but it is something we wouldn't have had enough power to do a few months ago. We also have some implantable adult toys that should debut shortly after that. Sorry for that tangent.

Those that accept transhumanist modification become dependent upon it.
there is some truth in this. Many people feel naked without their cell phones, have you noticed that? Before cell phones people used to say similar things about their pagers. Before that it was their wristwatch. They add to your functionality, so having it then losing it is difficult. I have a magnet implanted in my finger which gives me the ability to detect electric fields. My magnet buzzes in my finger a bit and an electric field now has a texture in my finger. I know when my cell phone is going to ring before it happens. I can tell if wires have current in them without needing a voltage meter. I can find nails in your wall. I am a little bit dependent on it and I would miss it if I lost it. Same if you lost your sense of taste. You could function without it, but you would miss it.

All tech has vulnerabilities. For example, saline water balloons would cause problems for taser users. A single EMP pulse would neutralize all electronics embedded in the body. It would be pretty easy to kill a “god”-man with a chip maintaining his heartbeat. Software always seems to be buggy regardless of the amount of beta-testing prior to release. A cup of coffee on a laptop turns it into a doorstop.
Yes, this is important. If there ever comes a day that some implants are forced upon you, you need to know how to neutralize them. Some will be easy. RFID tags have everyone in a panic, but they can be hacked, destroyed, or simply removed with ease. The basic rule of thumb is that the more invasive the procedure, the more resilient the implant needs to be. So EMP shielding on brain and heart implants, multiple types of bioproofing, etc will be required. Wireless security is a must so this doesn't happen: http://blogs.computerworld.com/cybercrime-and-hacking/21163/pacemaker-hacker-says-worm-could-possibly-commit-mass-murder
Implants under the skin can be removed easy enough normally, so emp shielding might be a waste. We take a lot of things into account there.

Of course we will be developing detection methods to preempt attack against us, so humans will need to be really crafty. We will likely share real time data with each other as too alert others of any new tactic asap. The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that the only way to stop us will be to become one of us at some point.

There is a famous saying about that, but the quote escapes me.

Offline Son

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2012, 04:21:46 AM »
....is there a connection between the chemtrail/geoengineering programs and transhumanism?

Offline Scootle

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2012, 06:05:12 AM »

Do you believe consciousness is purely the creation of the brain? Do you think machines will eventually become conscious and will truly see in the way we see, and experience in the way we experience, as opposed to just simulated sight and experience processed as ones and zeros going through logic gates?

Coz that sounds ridiculous to me and I'm not even religious.
The truth will set you free
From global tyranny
Wake up American slobs
9/11 was an inside job
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OntBg2qwk_M&fmt=35

Century of Manipulation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mujq-C1UAw0

... Here's Tom with the weather!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CCIcjIngLA

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2012, 11:33:55 AM »
Someone was talking about Geiger counters earlier. $60. Discover what is really going on and where.
http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G19139

....is there a connection between the chemtrail/geoengineering programs and transhumanism?

This isn't specifically a transhumanist plot. I'maware of too many theories about chem trails so there could be a wide range of suspects. One theory is that the chemicals being dropped are poisons of some sort to control breeding, tame ambition, or flat out kill people. If that is the case, then there are very few transhumanists who would support that. They would likely be affected by whatever was being put into the air at some point. I don't buy into the conspiracy theories on this too much. That said, there are some methods which I think would be useful in determining what is being dropped and who is dropping it. Feel free to send this to other threads.
1. First, a spectrograph would be useful for determining the difference between contrails and chemtrails, since it is a chemical camera. You could come pretty close to identifying exactly what compound was being dropped. There are DIY kits out there for $30. Prison planet seems to have a lot of members. If a lot of people across the country got involved it would help.
2. Determine the type of aircraft (gov't, or private?).
3. If the compound being dropped in any given city is dangerous or has an unwanted biological side affect, The person behind the plot probably isn't going to be in the area, right? You can use Google maps to mark verified chem drops daily accross the nation and pretty soon a pattern should emerge. You will know which places the conspirator might be on any given date and you can compare that to your list of usual suspects. It will also help you determine how far up the plot goes. Was the president in that city at the time? A senator? I'd also be willing to bet that you would be able to predict when the next drop was going to occur.
4. The type of compound will really let you know who the suspects are going to be. If prozac is being dropped for example, you have an ingredient list that likely has limited sources of where it can come from. You can find out who is paying who and go from there.

Step #1 is vital here though. Without a murder weapon and a clear lack of bodies, it is kind of pointless to theorize about anything else.

Transhumanists subscribing to the technogaiaism school of thought might see synergistic benefits of climate control and environmental balancing. If the compounds have something to do with that then there is an extremely slim chance that they will make your list of suspects. I say extremely slim because the jets being used to drop the chems have a carbon footprint....and possibly leather interiors...it really isn't their style.

Another thing to consider if this is a plot to geoform is that at least 50% of transhumanists will tell you that they plan to leave the planet as soon as technologically possible. SpaceX CEO Elon Musk plans to retire on Mars in 2030. So at least half of the transhumanists out there aren't planning on making long term environmental plots on behalf of the earth. Another portion of transhumanists (myself included) want to see the earth reduced to gray nano ooze. Nanobots and femtobots three atoms thick will eventually swarm everything, replacing everything mimicking anything they are ordered to. You house will still look and function like a house. The cells in your body will still work like cells. But the swarms will be yours to command and shape as you see fit. They can build you a castle, conjure a meal. Then we will begin our journey into the void, devouring other planets end incorporating their atoms into our earthcraft. Alternatively, you can take your atoms an leave the colony, starting your own planet-devouring craft. This is still at least 75 years away from reality by my estimation. The tech singularity might occur in 2045, but the bravery singularity still needs to catch up.

Chemtrails just seem so...not grandiose.

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2012, 12:32:56 PM »
But the swarms will be yours to command and shape as you see fit. They can build you a castle, conjure a meal. Then we will begin our journey into the void, devouring other planets end incorporating their atoms into our earthcraft. Alternatively, you can take your atoms an leave the colony, starting your own planet-devouring craft. This is still at least 75 years away from reality by my estimation. The tech singularity might occur in 2045, but the bravery singularity still needs to catch up.

Offline supermegaman

« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2012, 12:53:17 PM »
it really doesn't matter if you believe in God or not, Director_X.  Iran believes in a god and Israel believes in an alternate, incompatible God and they're going to start WW3 looonnggg before your little "singularity" ever comes to be around.  the world's economy will collapse overnight and you'll be sucking eggs in a potato line or in an underground bunker with the rest of us soon enough!

I laugh, LAUGH, at your thought of some technological paradise where we all walk around like the Borg, pulling mechanical boogers out of our noses when we need a pen.  As if these AI machines will WANT to do what you tell them to do. 

And the proof you ask for that the Bible is true is Prophecy.  There are prophecies about Israel being scattered across the globe, only to reform into a nation.  There are others about what is about to happen in the Middle East.  In your lifetime you will see the city of Damascus destroyed in one night.  Damascus is the oldest inhabited city in the world and it has never been destroyed completely in war.  In your lifetime, you will see it leveled in one day! 

Isaiah 17:1
The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from [being] a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

On that day I want you to go to your knees and repent of your foolish, sinful ways and beg the Lord Jesus to save your wretched soul.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

EvadingGrid

« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2012, 01:02:16 PM »
Do you believe consciousness is purely the creation of the brain? Do you think machines will eventually become conscious and will truly see in the way we see, and experience in the way we experience, as opposed to just simulated sight and experience processed as ones and zeros going through logic gates?

Coz that sounds ridiculous to me and I'm not even religious.

As a computer programmer it sounds to me equally ridiculous.

Brilliant question though.

Offline tennis shoe

« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2012, 03:07:47 PM »
There are prophecies...

Rev 9:4  And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
5  And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2012, 03:23:02 PM »

On that day I want you to go to your knees and repent of your foolish, sinful ways and beg the Lord Jesus to save your wretched soul.

^This guy:
>>Opposes the NWO and enslavement. Fights a force he cannot see, can't identify, can't prove exists- on the mere rumor that it does exist and means to enslave him. Finds evidence of this force everywhere he goes in everything around him.
>>Supports Jesus and an eternity of enslavement in heaven where he will be forced to throw crowns at the feet of an omnipotent master, sing, and serve him forever. FOREVER. His god will use his spells to force him to be happy because there are no frowny faces in heaven. Bows (and wants others to bow) to a force he cannot see, can't identify, can't prove exists- on the mere rumor that it does exist and means to enslave him. Finds evidence of this force everywhere he goes in everything around him.

The end is always near with you guys. This really limits long term thinking. In fact it generally opposes long term perspective like mine, which is why transhumanists find some of you so dangerous. How can we sleep at night (not that we will need to) knowing that there are dangerous people out there who might get some weird idea that we need to die in order to fulfill some ancient prophecy? I haven't decided what I'm going to do with you guys, but I clearly can't have this.

@Scootle & EvadingGrid: I'll post on that a little later. It is really a good discussion.

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2012, 06:24:44 PM »
Do I think computers will ever be like us? I don't see why they would lower themselves, but they will have the power.

Here is a long rant some of you might enjoy. Or hate. Enjoy:

BRAINS, CONSCIOUSNESS, AND THE SOUL
The brain is merely a mess of wires that conduct electricity and process signals. A lot of people are wired differently, but not as differently as you might think. Some estimate that there are 300 truly unique brains. That’s it. Certain parts of the brain do certain things, although their connections are admittedly complex. Some parts get data from your senses; some parts are involved in memory, some handle motor functions, etc. The point is that the brain is just a processor.

Many of the functions of the brain can be done much better with a computer than with the brain. The opposite is the case with some functions. Tyranasaurus Rex has a tiny brain. The olfactory part of his brain was large though, much better than ours. It could walk into an arena and identify every single person that was there just by scent within a minute. Then it could identify you again later. The other parts of its brain were obviously not designed to be great for problem solving, social maneuvering, etc. Humans likewise have portions of their brains that do not function as richly as they do in other creatures. Tyrana-scent is obviously something we can live without, and therefore our olfactory processor is relatively weak. Biological systems are designed to only keep and metabolically support what they need to survive. The rest is shed. Astronauts rapidly lose bone density and muscle in a zero gravity environment because those things are a burden to feed and they have limited use in space. This is an over simplification, but the brain is very similar in the macro view of how it has evolved. 
One very rich and complex portion of the human mind is the visual cortex. It rapidly identifies objects that we see, categorizes them, etc. SO much data is processed so fast in the visual cortex. There is a man on TV who got into a car accident and severely damaged his brain. He was in the hospital recovering for a long time. While his brain was trying to rebuild itself, something funny happened. His mathematical functions were now being handled by a different processor within the brain. Instead of using area 44 like he did before, he was now using his visual cortex to process data. The result? He can calculate math problems at lightning fast speed. You may have seen him on TV. He is the human calculator.

Some people have two senses that share the same processor. This is a cause of synesthesia. Some people with synesthesia can see or taste sound. They can taste what they see or hear in some cases. A really funny thing happened when a researcher found a bunch of people with synesthesia and brought them all together for a meeting. The synesthetes started talking amongst themselves and comparing experiences. They all agreed that a certain sound was yellow. Another noise was red. They talked about what names they liked and disliked based on the way the name looked when it was spoken. Even weirder was the people who could taste sound. They also talked about names and words that they liked. Some names were creamy at first but then ended with a sweet taste. Some names tasted awful. As with the previous group, all the people agreed that they were experiencing the same tastes. Music was quite an experience for all of the synesthetes, as you can imagine, and they had strong opinions about some songs. How is it possible that they all had the same experience? It was because all of the vibrating sound  waves they were hearing were the same, that’s why.

My two points here are that the brain can be made to process data using a rich complex like the cerebral cortex, or a weaker one, or both simultaneously. The brain doesn't let you choose though. Knowing this, doesn't it make you wish you could have synesthesia for a day to try it out? Or maybe route one function of your brain into your visual cortex to gain T-Rex scent super powers, or amazing math skills? Wouldn't it be cool if all of your brain was like the visual cortex?

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2012, 06:25:42 PM »
Our processors can be easily crippled. Alzheimer disease reduces long term memory recall (I think). Parkinsons, Tourettes, etc, cause a loss of motor function control. Brain damage to one area might make you socially awkward. People with lobotomies are….different. We can easily cripple any part of the brain and produce a desired neurological handicap, right?

We know that not all processors are equal within the brain. We know some people have better processors than others, but we also know that the best human olfactory processor is not as good as a T-Rex processor. I won’t cover it, but there are some processors in the brain which are simply missing in humans that other creatures have.

Parts of the brain can be replaced with other types of processors. Rats have been given hippocampus prosthetics which function every bit as good as the real thing. Eventually there will be no part of the brain that we cannot recreate with electronics. One piece at a time, portions of the brain will be unraveled and better understood so we can help people who have brain damage live better lives. This is modern medicine. Imagine Terry Shivo or some other person like that in a hospital bed being restored by replacing a small portion of the brain with a prosthetic? Is there anyone here who thinks that is evil or shouldn’t be done? Let’s assume that the implant was not made by NWO, Inc., and that there is no conspiracy involved.

Here is the difference between modern medicine and transhumanism: A doctor would give you a prosthetic which might function every bit as good as the real thing. A transhumanist would give you a processor that functions millions of times better. Modern medicine strives to make you “normal”. Transhumanism strives to make you exceptional. Is that wrong? Why put in an inferior part? Modern medicine will make this tech without the aid of transhumanist billionaire cabals. Transhumanists will simply take those breakthroughs and do it right.

The conspiracy that exists against the transhumanists right now stems from the idea that it is immoral to be better than “normal”. The philosophy against us is that there is some moral duty to remain crippled. Anyone attempting to augment themselves beyond “normal” is at risk of being persecuted for their strengths. Try going into a surgeon and ask to get a DBS (deep brain stimulator) device implanted for cognitive function when you don’t have a learning disorder and see what happens. They won’t do it. They will lose their lisence. Oh, they can give you tits and liposuction! That is no problem. It gets worse. Let’s say you do have a cognitive impairment and can get a DBS implant. The doctor will implant it and you will be in good shape. But guess what? The device is set to “normal”. It could be set to give you above average or even exceptional cognitive performance, but they took the time to make sure you still fall into an acceptable range of handicap.

Humans are crabs in a barrel.

Remember Oscar Pistorius from the 2012 Olympics? Did you know that his prosthetic legs could have been made with a lot more “spring” in them? They had to make him wear inferior prosthetics so it was fair. Otherwise he would have beat everyone by a considerable time. Oscar probably has a pair of these high performance legs hidden under his bed. Does that bother anyone? Sure, some will argue that this is only fair since he is an athlete. Same with steroid, right? What is someone wanted to use steroids and they didn’t do competitive sports? Would you let them get super-buff or does your instinct tell you no?

If your instinct told you no, there is a 75% chance that you are a male, and only a 40% chance that you are a female. You don’t want anyone tougher than you, right? I’m talking considerably tougher. Logically, it doesn’t make sense to feel threatened by this really..Could your genetic code have anything to do with this? Hypothetically, if you were having a tough time deciding on who to vote for between two candidates, and they both had the same stance on all of the issues that mattered to you, would you be more likely to vote for a candidate who is for or against steroid use? Realize that the guy using the steroids might get more jail time if you elect the candidate who is against steroids.

Now let’s say you had the same split decision to make but candidate A was strictly opposed to crack cocaine, and wants to extend mandatory sentences for possession. Candidate B is proposing stiff sentences on violent crimes. Which one are you going to chose? Would it surprise you if I told you that a white man is 5 times more likely to vote for candidate A? Could there be a subconscious genetic reason for this? Crack is a predominantly “black drug”. Taking a black man out of the gene pool might be a good idea (genetically) if you are a timid white guy. Remember, White men more or less bred black slaves for labor. This gives them many dominant physical traits which might seem threatening now that they are free. But I’ll get off the topic of Eugenics and back to brains.

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2012, 06:26:41 PM »
Let’s do some thought experiments. Let’s say that we replace our hippocampus with a prosthetic device. This has been done in rats with great success. In our experiment we will say that our prosthetic is a copper wire mimicry of our biological brain, down to each neuron and synapse. A portion of our biological brain is gone, but we hardly notice it because the prosthetic does everything the old biological part did anyway. Are we still humans? Or are we puppets of satan and the NWO? For the sake of this experiment, the prosthetics were made by your most trusted friend or religious leader, so we know it is safe. Let’s say it works great.

Another part of our brain fails and we get a prosthetic for that. Are we still us? Everything should feel fine. We are just substituting on part that has a couple of jobs, so no big deal. This keeps happening. At some point we have replaced every part of our brain. Are we still us? Are we still human? We still have an organic body. We still have thought activity. Some would argue that we are more alive than Terry Shivo was. I know some of you are thinking that we committed suicide along the way and that there was a definite point when we became a robot. If that is the case, we have to identify the exact portion of the brain that caused us to no longer exist as us. Is there a single part of the brain that can take responsibility for being us?

Lots of people get brain injuries. Each brain injury has a corresponding loss of function. You can’t say that someone who can’t move isn’t still human. Someone with locked-in syndrome, encephalitis lethargica, Alzheimer disease, etc….they have all lost some function in the brain but we still call them human. Why wouldn’t we still be us with prosthetics? Chew on it if you need to.

Moving on, version 2.0 of our prosthetics is released. We begin to replace each component one piece at a time. After we do a replacement, we run a mental check. Are we still us? If everything is good we proceed until we have replaced all of our parts. Are we still us? Our brain replaces all of its cells many times in our life. There is never a question that this causes us to no longer be us. There is no single cell or portion of the brain that can be said to define “us”. So here we have a similar situation as proposed by Theseus’s ship.

Hmmm…what to do with these old version 1.0 prosthetics? Let’s assemble them on the table. Before us lies our old brain. It has all the memories and functionality that we did 1 hour ago. Is it us? Is it alive? No power is going to it, so no we wouldn’t call it alive. For some reason we have a fresh brain also sitting on the table before us. Is it alive? No brain activity is detected and no blood or air is keeping the cells alive.

Brains are processors. Consciousness is different. Consciousness is the energy that moves through the processor. In this case our consciousness is electricity. Electricity can move through many different conductors. The pulses and lightning storms that occur in the brain are all of our thoughts, perceptions, etc. Without power the brains on the table before us are inert matter.

Still with me? Lets plug in our old prosthetic brain. It powers up and the brain might not perceive that any time had passed. Here is our working mind from 1 hour ago. It is very confused because it doesn’t have any senses right now. To remedy this we stick the brain 1.0 into a new robot body that has cameras, microphone, everything a biological equivalent might have. Is it us? No. This is now an independent being. We share most of the same habits, but if we go separate ways we will change in different ways. Everyone changes over time.

Maybe we get along really well with us 1.0 and decide to do another experiment. Let’s say we decide to switch brains. Everything goes black, but then we wake up in a robot body. Did we die? Maybe. Are we still us? Everything seems ok so now we proceed to the next experiment. We introduce WiFi into our brains. Brain 1.0 logs off and we use a wireless signal to remote in and take control of 1.0’s body. It works, just like a drone pilot can fly a reaper. Are we still us? Later we log off and switch controls. We might have died, but power is restored later and we live once again.

We decide to go our separate ways in life and leave brain 1.0. We stay in touch though. We have set us a memory sync. Every 15 minutes our brains back up their data to the network. We can access our memories as well as 1.0’s memories at will. One day 1.0 dies. We build a new version and insert 1.0’s backup into the new brain. Is it 1.0? Sure acts like 1.0. At some point we create a few more that are all networked together in a peer to peer mesh. This time we synch all data in real-time. This is like having multiple lives at the same time. It seems hard to fathom because our current processors would find it hard to view through more than one set of eyes, but lots of creatures with multiple eyes do it just fine. It would be hard to control movement of so many limbs, but the octopus can do it just fine. It is only a matter of upgrading our processors so they can handle it. Now we have multiplicity and can do the work of many.

What if we decide to copy our backed up brain? Maybe we insert that consciousness into a virtual simulation like the matrix. Maybe we make a bird robot body and experience what that would be like. This is the Ghost in the Shell concept. The ghost (our backed up or current minds) get inserted into the shell (body) of our choosing. Alternatively we can exist in virtual environments, multiple environments, or maybe some other alternative. This is extremely sci-fi, I know. This is a thought experiment so take it easy and lets not get critical of the details just yet.

So we have processors. They are awake when they are powered on, but they can be powered off and it seems like they are dead. Power them on again and they live once more. Are we missing a component? What about the soul?

I don’t think there is a soul. I won’t argue for it’s existence. I will share a concept that I liked from a book written by Douglas Hofstadter. He is a fan of classical music and he points out that Bach is a pretty easy composer to identify. You can hear a piece by Bach playing somewhere and say “hey, this is Bach!” Nobody says “hey, this is the great conductor Wolfram and the London orchestra”. There is something distinct about Bach’s style that can instantly be identified and is very unique to Bach. There are lots of other examples in music. Everyone has probably talked about a dead friend and laughed and said “yeah, that was Joe, always got a crazy plan” or something like that. These things are kind of immortal, aren’t they? You can have a million composers in history and how many will have Bach’s style? Some people are just that unique. The author of the book liken this to the soul. I’ll accept that definition, but I won’t force it on anyone. There are unique ways to process things, different styles of reflection, different external data (life experiences), and even the rhythms in which their brains fire electricity. There are countless combinations of these ingredients that make up “being” and individuality.

Does transhumanism dehumanize people? If processing enhancement counts then yes. I don’t think it does.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2012, 06:42:18 PM »
^ ^ ^ ^

We are INDIVIDUALS ... they break the mold every time
a person comes into this existence ... however, I am a
strong believer in 'species memory' - at least I guess
that is the best description of it - though I don't think
that necessarily translates into a Jungian view, or a
'universal consciousness'. I like to think of God as
a 'family'. Check out this old post of mine in a
Stephen Hawking thread:

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=185354.msg1100664#msg1100664

Offline Son

« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2012, 07:15:49 PM »
Someone was talking about Geiger counters earlier. $60. Discover what is really going on and where.
http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G19139

This isn't specifically a transhumanist plot. I'maware of too many theories about chem trails so there could be a wide range of suspects. One theory is that the chemicals being dropped are poisons of some sort to control breeding, tame ambition, or flat out kill people. If that is the case, then there are very few transhumanists who would support that. They would likely be affected by whatever was being put into the air at some point.....

Chemtrails just seem so...not grandiose.

The spectograph is a great idea...

cadmium
chromium
nickel
aluminum
iron
magnesium
potassium
sodium
barium 
copper
manganese
zinc

These metals (amongst other chemicals) are being commonly found in multiple air and water quality tests all over the globe where geoengineering is happening.

Was just wondering if any of these heavy metals will somehow “short out” internal systems you plan on implementing through transhumanism?

Is it possible that these implanted metals could have a positive or helpful effect for transhumanism by maybe transmitting signals through flesh?

EvadingGrid

« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2012, 09:02:56 PM »
see above

Well I did digest your reasoning, and I must say it is a fine piece of writing but that the reasoning is fatally flawed. But then you knew that before you read that sentence. You know what you wrote and your intuition told you the rest, all before you read my opening sentence.

However your intuition is not infallible, and after putting all that effort into expressing your reasoning, you probably  are extremely curious as to how on earth some body could find fault with such elegant methodical reasoning.

Would I wander into theology and discuss the soul ?

Perhaps I would write a lengthy piece detailing the differences between how a human processes an image versus how a computer stumbles over the simplistic captcha.

Perhaps I could have tried to establish authority by listing what I mighty programmer I am, and how I worked on the earliest vision and robotics systems in the early 80s, before branching into plant genetics. But that would have been cheating. It might be true, but it would still be a trick of rehtoric.

No.

I did none of the above.

What I actually did was read your piece and thought it deserved a quality reply. So, I put my coat on and stepped outside. I listened to the wind and smelt the faint trace of rain lingering in the cold night air. I breathed deeply, and let my muscles relax all the way down to my tail bone. I found my eyes where now shut, and I thought about how I shot my bow this morning down the archery field, the good points of my technique, and the bad points. Once I had digested that I realized that I was cold, and that it was time to come in and reply  to your post. I also instantly knew how to reply to your post.

If you think you can build a machine that can run a computer program to predict the weather and also, think about the finniest points of archery  technique - in order to solve a debate about transhumanisim I wish you the best of luck.

Offline Director_X

• Greetings, meatslaves!
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2012, 10:08:55 PM »

Was just wondering if any of these heavy metals will somehow “short out” internal systems you plan on implementing through transhumanism?
not in trace amounts. At one time they could, but we have ways around that now. A while back I was aware of a technology being used by the military which involved atmospheric dusting of an area with powered aluminium. It was designed to control troop movement and had something to do with encrypted signals. My memory of the project is very fuzzy but that is the first thing I thought of when I was the aluminium. People with Alzheimer disease have unusually high levels of aluminium in their brains. Couple that with the huge increase in cognitive disorders like ADD and aspergers/autism in the US and it makes you wonder.

I'll look into that chem list, although just by looking at it I can tell that there may be different compounds being dripped at different times. Some of those shouldn't be together. Sodium misted into the air would surely reduce humidity in an area. Our implants are safe though.

Is it possible that these implanted metals could have a positive or helpful effect for transhumanism by maybe transmitting signals through flesh?

several of these elements are used in various implants. We have been trying to develop a conductive tattoo ink for some time now and at one time a few of these things were under consideration. They all either faded, became metabolized, or poisoned us. We are now experimenting with Fullerene and gold and silver nano materials. I guess the short answer is no.

The combination of these materials is really important if you want to discover what the compound is. They are innocent by themselves. Except for cadmium and raw sodium. Never turn your back on those. I have personal issues with barium too, but time might heal those wounds.

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2012, 10:19:55 PM »
Another part of our brain fails and we get a prosthetic for that. Are we still us? Everything should feel fine. We are just substituting on part that has a couple of jobs, so no big deal. This keeps happening. At some point we have replaced every part of our brain. Are we still us? Are we still human? We still have an organic body. We still have thought activity. Some would argue that we are more alive than Terry Shivo was. I know some of you are thinking that we committed suicide along the way and that there was a definite point when we became a robot. If that is the case, we have to identify the exact portion of the brain that caused us to no longer exist as us. Is there a single part of the brain that can take responsibility for being us?

I don’t think there is a soul. I won’t argue for it’s existence. I will share a concept that I liked from a book written by Douglas Hofstadter. He is a fan of classical music and he points out that Bach is a pretty easy composer to identify. You can hear a piece by Bach playing somewhere and say “hey, this is Bach!” Nobody says “hey, this is the great conductor Wolfram and the London orchestra”. There is something distinct about Bach’s style that can instantly be identified and is very unique to Bach. There are lots of other examples in music. Everyone has probably talked about a dead friend and laughed and said “yeah, that was

Director_X I really can see you are a man of some intellect.  I am hearing that "You are stuck in your head".
I have been there and done that. It took me a couple years of work to recover. I had to get help.
Prior to that I felt like a Robot. I was really good at my job, but, a failure in relationships.

Think Twice: How the Gut's "Second Brain" Influences Mood and Well-Being

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=gut-second-brain

The emerging and surprising view of how the enteric nervous system in our bellies goes far beyond just processing the food we eat.

The heart and intuition

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pdf/Heart,%20Mind%20and%20Spirit%20%20Mohamed%20Salem.pdf

A very interesting research finding has been that the heart is involved in
the processing and decoding  of intuitive information (McCraty, Atkinson &
Bradley, 2004). Previous data suggests that the heart’s field was directly involved
in intuitive perception, through its coupling to an energetic information field
3outside the bounds of space and time (Childre &  McCraty, 2001). Using a
rigorous experimental design; there was evidence that both the heart and brain
receive and respond to information about a future event before the event actually
happens. Even more surprising was that the heart appeared to receive this
intuitive information before the brain (McCraty, Atkinson & Bradley, 2004). 
Discussion
 It has long been thought that conscious awareness originates in the brain
alone. Recent scientific studies suggest  that consciousness emerges from the
brain and body acting together (Popper & Eccles, 2000). As has been shown, a
growing body of evidence now suggests  that the heart plays a particularly
significant role in this process. The above findings indicate that, the heart is far
more than a simple pump. In fact, it  is seen now as a highly complex,
selforganizing information processing centre  with its own functional ‘brain’ that
communicates with, and influences, the  cranial brain via  the nervous system,
hormonal system and other pathways. The involvement of the heart with intuitive
functions is another interesting piece of information. However, as persons with
transplanted hearts can function normally, the heart can be considered here as a
medium or tool, for an underlying more sophisticated integrating system that has
the capacity to carry the personal identity of the individual. These new visions
might give better understanding to the concept of mind as a multi-component unit
that is not only interacting with the physical environment through demonstrable
means, but also has the capacity to communicate with the cosmic universe
through non-physical pathways (Lorimer, 2001). This gives rise to the concept of
the spirit as the non-physical element, or the field, of the mind that can
communicate with the cosmos outside the constraints of space and time. The
evidence for such communication comes from the reported phenomena of
 extrasensory perception (telepathy, precognition, and clairvoyance), psycho-kinesis,
psychic healing and religious experiences (Radin, 1997 & Henry, 2005). 
 Possibly further advancement in quantum physics may one day give us
further insight into how we can formulate this new model of the heart, mind and
spirit.   
Read More:
http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pdf/Heart,%20Mind%20and%20Spirit%20%20Mohamed%20Salem.pdf

Director_X,  When I receive information about future events it happens from someplace behind my solar plexis
and then my brain processes this into words or pictures.
Curiously, Paul the Apostle speaks of this area as being the dwelling place of the holy spirit.
Chinese Meta physicians talk of that chi power centered there.
Indian Mystics seem to agree with that also.
In meditation and praise  it feels like this area is getting charged
and in focused prayer this power is being released on the intended target.
Being a conduit for this energy has healed people and machinery, caused wealth and love to cross my path.
Caused disease destruction death to come upon my enemies.
Myself , having those experiences and skills I would encourage you to explore this world before turning the nanobots loose.

Oh, and at that Dec 21 talk in Los Angeles you are going to give. Is this a convention of TransHumanists or something?

Will 7 of 9 be there. If she will be there , can I get an invitation?