Rand Paul threatens Abby Martin.

Author Topic: Rand Paul threatens Abby Martin.  (Read 15214 times)

Offline Blowback

• Info-Salvo
Rand Paul threatens Abby Martin.
« on: August 01, 2012, 01:44:12 PM »
And I'll see your true colors
Shining through..........

http://youtu.be/3UKXpzdFQ_I

Offline Blowback

• Info-Salvo
Re: Rand Paul threatens Abby Martin.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 01:48:53 PM »
@SenRandPaul is his twitter handle in case anyone want's to let him know he's a sell out piece of shit.

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 01:49:22 PM »
If Rand gets his coveted speaking slot at the national GOP convention, I'll be sure to bump this thread hours before he's due to speak.
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline resist.tyranny

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 02:03:49 PM »
Wow.  This is huge.  Ask a question and go to jail.  Hope Rand enjoys being a one term senator.

Offline Stan

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 02:25:51 PM »
Summary?

Offline Blowback

• Info-Salvo
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 02:29:11 PM »
Summary?

Luke Rudkowski talks with Abby Martin of MediaRoots.org and RT about
U.S. Senator Rand Paul's attempt to get her arrested and stripped of
her press credentials for asking him tough questions in the Capitol
building. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtO5INu-VY4 A week after our video with Abby Martin came out on YouTube,
the RT office, where Abby works, got an ominous phone call from the
Senate Media Relations Committee. The Committee was acting on behalf
of Rand Paul and threatened both Abby and the entire RT news
organization. The threats included ambiguous "charges" for violating
the rules of the Committee floor, Abby's possible arrest and the
termination of her and the entire office's press credentials.

After a month of meetings and deliberation, the Senate Media Relations
office backed down and did not make good on any of their threats.

http://Twitter.com/abbymartin
http://MediaRoots.org

http://Twitter.com/LukeWeAreChange
http://wearechange.org

Become a WeAreChange Sponsor and get exclusive behind the scenes content while helping us grow! http:///www.wearechange.org/donate

Offline resist.tyranny

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 02:37:41 PM »
The end is nigh when a journalist with press credentials gets threatened for asking questions to "officials".  Rand--enjoy your office while you can.  You'll be thrown out next election.

Offline Valerius

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 02:41:49 PM »
remember wendi weyi?
"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass

Offline masterofthemoon

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 02:46:10 PM »
Rand continues his descent into pure scumbaggery.

Abby Martin is a fine journalist and he is a coward for stooping to these bullying tactics.
A Founding Father of Freedom: Mikhail Bakunin
http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/Commentary/Bakunin.htm

"Whoever lays his hand on me to govern me is a usurper and tyrant, and I declare him my enemy."
-Pierre Joseph Proudhon

Offline Valerius

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 02:57:13 PM »
What was the question?
"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass

Offline resist.tyranny

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 03:39:14 PM »
What was the question?

She had the audacity to ask about his support for Romney.  It's not like she was physically assaulting him.  Guess now asking questions is considered terrorism.  Welcome to the new America.  You're not allowed to ask tough questions of elected "officials". 

Offline Stan

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 04:12:54 PM »
Thanks. I wasn't being lazy. I just can't watch Youtube vids right now. Rand is indeed descending on the road to twattishness.

Offline Blowback

• Info-Salvo
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 04:26:49 PM »
Thanks. I wasn't being lazy. I just can't watch Youtube vids right now. Rand is indeed descending on the road to twattishness.

Indeed.

It's sad. 

Offline resist.tyranny

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 05:06:39 PM »
twattishness.

Ha!  That's my new favorite word.

EvadingGrid

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 05:07:26 PM »
bookmarked

Offline resist.tyranny

Offline Catalina

• Government Censorship, Protecting You From Reality
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 07:19:40 PM »
If anyone ever doubted before, this is proof 110%; Rand Paul stands on the side of the globalist agenda. He must have flown on air force one and was shown the promise land of riches.
Spare no cost for truth's sake, neither depart from it for any gain. -Proverbs 23:23

Bestow not the gifts that God has given you to get worldly riches. -Proverbs 23:4

Offline Sasha

• Sasha
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 09:07:06 PM »
It would seem appropriate for Infowars to have Luke Rudkowski and Abby Martin on air very soon,... if not Rand himself or an aid to answer directly for any role Rand had in Abby Martin's prosecution, plus he can answer the Romney question while we're there.
Morality is contraband in war.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline chris jones

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 09:41:19 PM »
 I',m still trying to get over Rands  nominating  the Rom.
 If anyone thinks that Ron Paul and son Rand created this situation for a cause, I'd sure as hell like to know what it is!

PS. I can not hook onto utube, can anyone tell me what questions Abby asked him???????????

Offline bento

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 10:44:36 PM »
And still Paul supporters think they have a secret plan that will save the republic, at the last moment, that they are not telling anyone. It's hard to give up your hero's once you have so much emotional baggage invested in them. Kind of like the Obama supporters don't you think?
We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much and the best of us is washed away.

Offline HAZMAT

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 11:01:06 PM »
And still Paul supporters think they have a secret plan that will save the republic, at the last moment, that they are not telling anyone. It's hard to give up your hero's once you have so much emotional baggage invested in them. Kind of like the Obama supporters don't you think?

This this this...

Offline Sasha

• Sasha
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2012, 11:14:58 PM »
I',m still trying to get over Rands  nominating  the Rom.
 If anyone thinks that Ron Paul and son Rand created this situation for a cause, I'd sure as hell like to know what it is!

PS. I can not hook onto utube, can anyone tell me what questions Abby asked him???????????

You got it already, "Hey Rand, ah, Abbey Martin, from Media Roots.  I just wanted to ask you one quick question, um, you know your endorsement for Mitt Romney, people have alot of questions about it."

She actually didn't even ask a question, more a statement of his betrayl of ideas that many of us would like, as you say 'sure as hell like to know' why. 
Morality is contraband in war.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline bento

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2012, 11:23:45 PM »
We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much and the best of us is washed away.

Offline Valerius

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2012, 11:25:22 PM »

I have not heard any secret plan talk.

Online jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 09:02:19 AM »
The misdirected Rand Paul smearing continues! Why don't you focus on the thugs in the Senate who have been screwing you for decades (95 plus). That would be a better use of your time!

Come on guys! This is getting ridiculous! You are using your energy on things that you could be using on REAL ISSUES like digging up information on all the old fart Senators that have sold us out their entire time in Congress. Those are the guys you should be focusing on and the ones we need to get out of Congress in this upcoming election and going forward as their terms expire.

You can do better, and use your time more wisely. Time to do it!

Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline resist.tyranny

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2012, 09:21:56 AM »
The misdirected Rand Paul smearing continues! Why don't you focus on the thugs in the Senate who have been screwing you for decades (95 plus). That would be a better use of your time!

Come on guys! This is getting ridiculous! You are using your energy on things that you could be using on REAL ISSUES like digging up information on all the old fart Senators that have sold us out their entire time in Congress. Those are the guys you should be focusing on and the ones we need to get out of Congress in this upcoming election and going forward as their terms expire.

I don't think it's misdirected.  We need to expose the Benedict Arnold's, Brutus's and Judas Iscariot's when they emerge.   They deserve every bit of the scorn they get.   That doesn't mean that we should ignore the Pelosi's and Boener's of the world.  But Rand made his bed, so he needs to lie in it. 

He could've just as easily stopped, gave some BS answer to Abby and then said "I'm sorry, but I'm late for a meeting" and scurried away.  But nope, he scurries away, head down, and then has the "authorities" threaten to imprison her and take away the press credentials of everyone at RT.  That's a new low in backstabbing.     

Offline unit731

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2012, 09:25:23 AM »

Why not address what he did? Rather than bash anyone who criticizes him? Had this been any Senator without the last name Paul you would have blown a gasket I bet. This is a real issue, a very dangerous path of intimidation to wipe out part of the first Amendment. Nothing more "real" than that.

Offline bento

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2012, 09:30:07 AM »
Yea we should just Ignore betrayal, especially if it is our hero that did it. They have even more responsibility as they gave people hope then destroyed it, the others are already our enemies we know what to expect and how to respond to them. Why should we treat misbehavior any differently between the two?

The enemy within the gate is far more dangerous then the enemy outside the gate.

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2012, 10:33:56 AM »

Obama voters: "Obama lied to us when he campaigned for office. Instead of 'changing' any of the bad policies of the Bush administration, he's either perpetuated or expanded them."

Self-appointed Thought Police: "The misdirected Obama smearing continues! Why don't you focus on the Republicans who've been screwing you for decades? That would be a better use of your time!"

Lecturing people like school children might be enough to silence dissent among weak-minded Democrats, but all that will do here is make people want to criticize Rand Paul all the more.

So if you're trying to persuade people, you might want to consider a less abrasive approach. But if you're not, then by all means, continue barking orders at people. Just don't be surprised if this has the opposite of its intended affect.
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

EvadingGrid

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2012, 11:00:19 AM »

Your quiet right !

When people invest heavily in any doctrine they find it hard to let go, no matter how blatant the facts. It applies across the political spectrum to all political parties. Political Parties are nothing more than cults into which people are inducted, indoctrinated, and throughly brainwashed.

While we continue to to fall in love with these harlots of false doctrines we will always be ultimately let down and betrayed.

Political Parties offer a childish logic that is the panacea of all aliments, when in reality the world is complex and circumstances are always different in each case. Those who have ingested a political doctrine will always regurgitate there brainwashed thinking.

Consider how many people on this forum will always advocate that 'everything' should be run by private business, yet they moan about the Federal Reserve ...

Online jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2012, 11:20:49 AM »
I don't think it's misdirected.  We need to expose the Benedict Arnold's, Brutus's and Judas Iscariot's when they emerge.   They deserve every bit of the scorn they get.   That doesn't mean that we should ignore the Pelosi's and Boener's of the world.  But Rand made his bed, so he needs to lie in it.  

He could've just as easily stopped, gave some BS answer to Abby and then said "I'm sorry, but I'm late for a meeting" and scurried away.  But nope, he scurries away, head down, and then has the "authorities" threaten to imprison her and take away the press credentials of everyone at RT.  That's a new low in backstabbing.    

Yes, it is obvious you think this! IMO your priorities are wrong and you are misleading people! Have you ever looked into the actions of the other 99 Senators? Many of them have been betraying people for decades! Do you care about that or does it take too much time to look into these traitors? Priorities are important when we are being attacked on all fronts!

Offline bento

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2012, 11:28:00 AM »
I'm sorry for your pain, a lot of us feel it too. I hope you heal and feel better soon.

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2012, 11:37:04 AM »
This disappoints me more and more.  I cannot fathom why Rand would do these things, I am thinking that he was more than likely threatened to toe the line or else.

I continue to watch very closely things Rand Paul does.  It definitely appears, to me, he is a sell-out on the face of it, but I know in my gut it is deeper than most of us think.  I am not prepared to buy into the illusion (or delusion) he is doing the things he does to win over the establishment to later slam them with liberty-minded legislature.  We know one man cannot break the power structure that way--his father has tried for over twenty-years and it has failed.  

However, I do understand how politics work.  So my jury is still out on it.  I do not condemn, nor condone any thing Rand has done thus far.  He is definitely sending out mixed messages.
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline Scootle

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2012, 11:44:05 AM »
Well it looks like Rand was shown a video of the Kennedy assassination from an angle no ones ever seen before.
The truth will set you free
From global tyranny
Wake up American slobs
9/11 was an inside job
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OntBg2qwk_M&fmt=35

Century of Manipulation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mujq-C1UAw0

... Here's Tom with the weather!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CCIcjIngLA

Offline bento

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2012, 12:03:05 PM »
^^^ In the smoke filled room^^^^ or is that not politically correct anymore.  ;D Or in other words Throw Kucinich from the plain.

Offline Scootle

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2012, 12:11:02 PM »
Or in other words Throw Kucinich from the plain.

"ALL HAIL THE BRAIN SLUGS!"
The truth will set you free
From global tyranny
Wake up American slobs
9/11 was an inside job
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OntBg2qwk_M&fmt=35

Century of Manipulation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mujq-C1UAw0

... Here's Tom with the weather!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CCIcjIngLA

Offline Seroquel XR

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2012, 01:30:56 PM »
Can't believe I supported him. That fruit fell far from the tree.
What's worse was he used his fathers supporters to get elected.
“Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world.”-R. D. Laing
Making a Killing:The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging.

Online jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2012, 05:04:06 PM »
Rand Paul ask America; 'Why are the 1st & 4th amendment not as important as the 2nd Amendment?'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIlV1gekknY

2nd Amendment:
http://libertygunrights.com/documents.html
http://libertygunrights.com/ReplyRandPaul7-26-12.pdf

Listen to THE MAN, not articles or news bytes put out by the media (they are misleading and confusing people), whoever they are! Rand supports the Constitution and the Bill of Rights! PERIOD! btw How do you know that RT is telling you the truth all of the time? We don't! We must do our due diligence and stop falling for misleading writers or tv hosts, whomever they are.

Offline bento

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2012, 05:15:03 PM »
And yet he attacked the reporters first amendment. I say look at his actions not his words.

Online jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2012, 05:19:01 PM »
And yet he attacked the reporters first amendment. I say look at his actions not his words.

So you totally trust RT on everything they say and do? I think all media is suspect and has agendas.

I'm inclined to believe that Rand doesn't know much about RT other than its a RUSSIAN news site. Therefore, he has right to be leery just like any news person that approaches him to attempt to get him to say something they can later twist. I say it's not a bad thing to reject interviews with the media and avoid creepy media people. Most of them are a bunch of lying troublemakers. Certainly you know that by now.

Congressmen, especially visible ones like the Pauls, are constantly bombarded by news punks. Most are not there to ask appropriate questions but to stir things up. Certainly you should know that also.