Sacrifice at Burning Man - The New Grove in the Desert

Author Topic: Sacrifice at Burning Man - The New Grove in the Desert  (Read 44076 times)

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
Re: Sacrifice at Burning Man - The New Grove in the Desert
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2017, 01:05:19 PM »
Rape at BM ? how could that be?

http://www.narconon.org/drug-abuse/signs-symptoms-rohypnol-use.html
Signs and Symptoms of GHB and Rohypnol Use

GHB and Rohypnol are club drugs—drugs used by people who go to nightclubs, raves, music festivals or parties. Both are dangerous drugs that cause euphoria and amnesia and can disable a person from resisting a sexual attack or even from taking care of themselves while they are under the influence.

https://burners.me/2012/09/19/the-dark-side-of-burning-man-rape-on-the-playa-sf-weekly/

The Dark Side of Burning Man – Rape on the Playa (updates)
 sept 19 2012

We brought this issue to your attention a couple of weeks back, it’s a serious one and needs to be addressed by the community – especially as the event gets bigger and intends to fertilize its seed around the world. Tackling a large social problem like this, that can’t easily be solved by any one institution in the Default world Meatspace, sounds like a great job for the Burning Man Project. Not sure what else they’re really doing, and it certainly seems to be beyond the capabilities of BMOrg to address it in any meaningful way. Encouraging to see it getting some mainstream media attention, at last; maybe that’s what we need to move this from the “too hard” basket to the “to do” list:

This year, however, in addition to all the posts about how 2012 was the best burn ever, there was also a very different post entitled “Serial Rapist on the Playa.” It details the story of a 19-year-old girl who was strangled, drugged, and raped one night. According to the blog, which was written by the victim’s mother, who was also at Burning Man, she was found face down behind Emerald City. The people who found her assumed she had overdosed and took her to the medical tent. After being attached to an IV all night, they released her. Upon returning to her tent, the bruises that appeared made it clear she had been strangled and raped.

Crime is rarely mentioned in conjunction with Burning Man, and neither is rape or assault.

| - - - -

https://journal.burningman.org/2013/04/philosophical-center/tenprinciples/10-principles-as-we-really-live-them/
Skye says:   
  April 5, 2013 at 8:55 am

on Radical Self Expression:

For the ladies, these self-professed ‘goodesses’ (cock teases), a popular form of radical self expression is to stand on any corner to receive narcissistic supply from every frat boy and other horny desperate guy who walks by. If you don’t want look too slutty, try two pieces of black electrical tape over each nipple – this will show all the men that you are radical, but not too radical. It also expresses to other burners that you might actually know what electrical tape if for, and thus useful in an emergency (which is good for making new friends).

And be sure to always carry a cup with a built-in cover to radically express to other burners that you’re onto their scheme to drug your drink and drag you back to Rape Camp. Be sure to say, “Safety third!” as you proudly display your anti-rape cup to everyone at the party. This will let them know not to rape you, and will also show that you’re hip to the latest BM memes.

Elizabeth says:   

April 5, 2013 at 6:52 pm   

I was drugged and brought back to rape camp in 2009. Its kind of not that funny.
As a matter of fact, I was scared as f__k.

| - - - -

https://www.reddit.com/r/BurningMan/comments/2dduk5/i_wish_the_cops_at_burning_man_would/

I wish the cops at Burning Man would... (self.BurningMan)

submitted 2 years ago by sparkleBrony

...focus their undercover sting operation on asking for GHB and roofies, and then when they bust dudes for that we would get those rapists off the playa.

Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2017, 05:01:50 PM »

I don't ever want to go to Burning Man.  Several people who have attended, told me about it with the idea that I should go.

It is a Satanic freak event for the freaks (all in the name of love, of course).   Some kind of mad max after-apocolypse world mahem.  Drugs, nudity, orgies, sex-on-the-spot Satanism.  I was told, that once there, you are not allowed to leave for the entire 7 days.    And to think people take their kids.

Part of the deal is to arrive in a junker, messed-up, barely-running car.  Then, they go back to Reno and pick up their real car.  The junker is stripped and just "left" for citizens & police to deal with, getting it to the junkyard.  There are so many of these cars to deal with!
Real nice folks, huh.

love, e

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2017, 12:36:10 PM »
here we go ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4848026/Man-falls-flames-Nevada-festival.html
Reveler at Burning Man festival is suspected to have died after dodging firefighters and DIVING 'to his death' into flames of famous 50ft blazing effigy as friends looked on in horror

WARNING: DISTURBING CONTENT. Approximately 70,000 people from all over the world have gathered for the annual Burning Man festival, which is taking place in the Black Rock Desert. But crowds were horrified when one reveller made a beeline for the giant wooden effigy and was engulfed by the flames. He had to dodge a number of rangers and law enforcement personnel in order to reach the fire, which stretches approximately 50 feet into the air. It is believed the man died in the shocking incident, although this has not yet been confirmed. But it is not the first incident of its kind - Christopher Wallace died in 2014 after running into a fire at a Burning man spin-off event, the Element 11 festival in Ohio.
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2017, 11:33:10 PM »

I wonder if anyone were allowed to leave Burning Man after the incident.   Not sure, but burning the effigy comes at the last?

There are spin-offs too?  There's an eerie feeling it is preparation to throwing children into the fire.

I hope the drugs this guy was on (reuptake inhibitors that create homicidal/suicidal thoughts?) made it so he didn't feel much.