2012 - 2015 Drought Rivals Dust Bowl

Author Topic: 2012 - 2015 Drought Rivals Dust Bowl  (Read 49533 times)

Offline chris jones

Re: 2012 - 2014 Drought Rivals Dust Bowl
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2015, 02:33:16 PM »
 Restoring the USA intrastructure would effect the MIC profits, ruling class goals.
Thanks Jerry, yes there are solutions.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2015, 02:44:52 PM »
http://biblehub.com/isaiah/24-5.htm

King James Bible
The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

God's Judgment on the Earth

1 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.
2 And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.
3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.
4 The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.
5 The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.
6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.

22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.

23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2015, 04:54:08 PM »
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+16%3A14-20&version=KJV
Mark 16:14-20 King James Version (KJV)

14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2015, 05:20:03 PM »
http://biblehub.com/kjv/isaiah/45.htm
◄ Isaiah 45 ►

God Calls Cyrus

5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.

9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

10 Woe unto him that saith unto his father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth?

11 Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.

12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2015, 01:49:00 PM »
  Deteroration of not only water  &  agricultural supplies,  and whole lot more.
  Sure they have solutions/CURES, sensible ones as Jerry mentioned. NOPE, they want the people grovleing. On bended knees pleading to Ole Gov for a solution.

OFF topic a hair- Fat cats have allways been hell bent on creating disaster areas and then buying them up cheap. What was once considered poor areas (slums) are now high class big money. In  way it can be compered to real estate.
  DETROIT,, I'll probably be 6 feet under when this once famous industrial area is bought for chump change by the bloodsukers. 
 OFF again.-Energy, N.Telsa had the solution, but big dogs said, " If we can't put a meter on it we don't want it" 
  In a sense they are all relative, the same neocon goal.
                This is our land the FEDS work for us........Not since the day the music died..

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2015, 01:16:52 PM »
[ For fifty years the Calif congress has refused new dam's or increasing dam capacity and at the same time Jerry & Co invites more Mexicans/Latin Americans  to increase the population ... Who is going give them water? who is going to provide the electricity? The Food?  What jobs? Yes a light rail train in the new desert ..

http://www.limitstogrowth.org/?s=california+drought&submit.x=0&submit.y=0&submit=Search

Below, Lake Tahoe, located on the border of California and Nevada, is one foot below normal, which opens up new territory for users of metal detectors.

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?CA

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/RegionalDroughtMonitor.aspx?west

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-famiglietti-drought-california-20150313-story.html
Op-Ed California has about one year of water left. Will you ration now?
By Jay Famiglietti
March 12, 2015, 6:25 PM

Given the historic low temperatures and snowfalls that pummeled the eastern U.S. this winter, it might be easy to overlook how devastating California's winter was as well..

As our “wet” season draws to a close, it is clear that the paltry rain and snowfall have done almost nothing to alleviate epic drought conditions. January was the driest in California since record-keeping began in 1895. Groundwater and snowpack levels are at all-time lows. We're not just up a creek without a paddle in California, we're losing the creek too.

Data from NASA satellites show that the total amount of water stored in the Sacramento and San Joaquin river basins — that is, all of the snow, river and reservoir water, water in soils and groundwater combined — was 34 million acre-feet below normal in 2014. That loss is nearly 1.5 times the capacity of Lake Mead, America's largest reservoir.

Statewide, we've been dropping more than 12 million acre-feet of total water yearly since 2011. Roughly two-thirds of these losses are attributable to groundwater pumping for agricultural irrigation in the Central Valley. Farmers have little choice but to pump more groundwater during droughts, especially when their surface water allocations have been slashed 80% to 100%. But these pumping rates are excessive and unsustainable. Wells are running dry. In some areas of the Central Valley, the land is sinking by one foot or more per year.

As difficult as it may be to face, the simple fact is that California is running out of water — and the problem started before our current drought. NASA data reveal that total water storage in California has been in steady decline since at least 2002, when satellite-based monitoring began, although groundwater depletion has been going on since the early 20th century.

Call me old-fashioned, but I'd like to live in a state that has a paddle so that it might also still have a creek.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2015, 01:59:39 PM »
[ For fifty years the Calif congress has refused new dam's or increasing dam capacity and at the same time Jerry & Co invites more Mexicans/Latin Americans  to increase the population ... Who is going give them water? who is going to provide the electricity? The Food?  What jobs? Yes a light rail train in the new desert ..

Below, Lake Tahoe, located on the border of California and Nevada, is one foot below normal, which opens up new territory for users of metal detectors.

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?CA

Wow,  California is in deep crap.

Hate to see Lake Tahoe dry up.  It is such a beautiful place.

We're doing OK in Montana.  Hopefully, the Mexicans will keep out of here until California runs out water.  But most of my veggies come from California.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
Re: 2012 - 2015 Drought Rivals Dust Bowl
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2015, 02:04:59 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-snowpack-20150331-story.html
'Sierra Nada': Gov. Brown, water officials to measure 'dismal' snowpack
April 1, 2015, 5:55 AM

Gov. Jerry Brown will be on hand Wednesday as state officials take stock of what they expect to be historically abysmal levels of snowpack in the Sierra Nevada..

It's another foreboding sign for a state languishing in drought, as the wet season winds to a close.

Electronic readings taken this week at about 100 stations across the Sierra showed that the water content of the snow was only about 6% of the state average for April 1, the day on which snowpack is normally considered at its peak. Official manual readings will be announced Wednesday afternoon.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2015/04/01/396780035/scary-times-for-california-farmers-as-snowpack-hits-record-lows
The snow supplies roughly a third of all of California's water, on average. The Sierra Nevada snowpack is supposed to be a storage bank. It holds the snow late into the spring that then melts gradually. The runoff feeds reservoirs that supply water for millions of people — and the Central Valley. This year, California's chief snow surveyor says, there may not even be runoff.

"That's our lifeblood up there," Schlitz says. "Whatever comes out of there, you know, that's our lifeblood."

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2015, 03:17:23 PM »
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-snowpack-20150331-story.html#page=1
Der Furher - Gov. Brown orders mandatory water restrictions in California
April 1, 2015, 11:55 AM|Reporting from Lake Tahoe, Calif.

Gov. Jerry Brown, standing on a patch of brown grass in the Sierra Nevada that is usually covered with several feet of snow at this time of year, on Wednesday announced the first mandatory water restrictions in California history..

"It's a different world," he said. "We have to act differently."

Brown was on hand Wednesday as state officials took stock of historically abysmal levels of snowpack in the Sierra Nevada amid the state's grinding drought.

DOCUMENT: Gov. Jerry Brown's executive order on drought

Brown ordered the California Water Resources Control Board to implement mandatory restrictions to reduce water usage by 25%. The water savings are expected to amount to 1.5 million acre-feet of water over the next nine months.

Other elements of Brown's order would:

--Require golf courses, cemeteries and other large landscaped spaces to reduce water consumption.

--Replace 50 million square feet of lawn statewide with drought-tolerant landscaping as part of a partnership with local governments.

--Create a statewide rebate program to replace old appliances with more water- and energy-efficient ones.

--Require new homes to have water-efficient drip irrigation if developers want to use potable water for landscaping.

--Ban the watering of ornamental grass on public street medians.

--Call on water agencies to implement new pricing models that discourage excessive water use.

--Require agricultural to report more water usage information to the state so that regulators can better find waste and improper activities.

--Create a mechanism to enforce requirements that water districts report usage numbers to the state.

"It is such an unprecedented lack of snow," said Frank Gehrke, chief of the California Cooperative Snow Survey Program. He's been attending the snowpack measurements since 1987 and said he had never before seen the ground barren of snow on April 1. "It's way below the records."

It's another foreboding sign for a state languishing in drought as the wet season winds to a close.

Electronic readings on Wednesday at about 100 stations across the Sierra showed that the water content of the snow was only about 5% of the state average for April 1, the date on which snowpack is normally considered at its peak. Official manual readings will be announced Wednesday afternoon.

| - - - -

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/08/26/jerry-brown-to-mexican-illegals-you-re-all-welcome-in-ca/
Gov. Jerry Brown to Mexican Illegals: 'You're All Welcome in California'

by Tony Lee
26 Aug 2014

On Monday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown said all Mexicans, including illegal immigrants, are welcome in California.

http://blurbrain.com/california-moonbeam-jerry-brown-signs-lawlessness-into-law/

Brown (D) signed eight bills Saturday, including one prohibiting local law enforcement officials from detaining immigrants longer than necessary for minor crimes so that federal immigration authorities can take custody of them.

Under the Trust Act, immigrants in this country illegally would have to be charged with or convicted of a serious offense to be eligible for a 48-hour hold and transfer to U.S. immigration authorities for possible deportation.

Read more at http://blurbrain.com/california-moonbeam-jerry-brown-signs-lawlessness-into-law/#5Fbyb9job3vBkA3Y.99

Offline jerryweaver

Re: 2015 NAWAPA - Water Power Food & 7 million Jobs
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2015, 10:13:30 AM »
Instead of this we did the 50 year war. Is it too late? Can the Anarcho- Capitalists do this project too?

http://archive.larouchepac.com/nawapa1964

Surveying the needed improvements in our nation, we see the collapse of our water resources and food supply are arguably the most pressing concerns, both immediately and in the longer term. NAWAPA XXI, an updated version of a project proposed by the Ralph Parsons Company in 1964, answers these needs.

NAWAPA XXI is a resource development plan for a continental water management system, built in collaboration with Canada and Mexico. This proposal will launch the greatest development of North America in history; it will double irrigated agricultural farmland, provide ample hydroelectric power, mitigate or eliminate the risk of floods and droughts, balance the continent's water distribution, and create 7 million highly skilled and highly productive jobs.

Such a plan is essential. Earlier prospects for nuclear desalination and continent-scale water management systems were sabotaged by the anti-growth and "environmentalist" policies of the 1960s and '70s, with results that now pose an immediate threat to our ability to supply the most basic of needs: food.

Short-term improvements can come from changing farm policy, regulating commodity speculation, and eliminating the destructive transformation of food into fuel. But shrinking water resources and diminishing groundwater supplies mean sharply reduced population potentials in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico in the future, unless NAWAPA XXI is built.

Offline jerryweaver

Re: 2015 NAWAPA Why Water Conservation is NOT the Answer
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2015, 10:55:08 AM »
Why Water Conservation is NOT the Answer
Water Need Not Be Scarce

http://www.infobarrel.com/New_Sources_of_Water_for_North_America

Away with the idea of water scarcity! Down with the dismal doom-sayers who claim we have no more sources of water, and the best we can hope for is "conservation".   The truth is, there is plenty of water, in abundance, if only we look in the right places.  And, there are plans, already designed, engineered, and ready to go decades ago, that would double the amount of surface fresh water in the lower 48 states of the United States, and would mean millions of additional acres of irrigated land in Canada and Mexico.

The North American Water and Power Alliance (NAWAPA) was formally proposed to the U.S. Congress in 1964 by the Parsons Engineering Company.  And, had John F. Kennedy lived, there is no doubt that he would have enthusiastically supported it[1].   If we had launched it at that time, it would have been built and finished by 1990, and the entire western part of the U.S., which is still today a largely uninhabitable wasteland, would be teaming with life - animal, plant and human!

To understand the plan, it is necessary to know something about the pattern of precipitation on the North American continent.   One obvious feature is the "20 inch rainfall line", which approximately divides the United States in half.  In the eastern half, more than 20 inches of precipitation falls per year, and west of the line, the land receives less than 20 inches per year.    This is the rough demarcation line for the Great American Desert.

I wonder if Anarcho - Captitalism is the answer?

Why I'm So Optimistic - Ernest Hancock - Anarchapulco 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km67SLE-joY

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=267211.msg1510315;topicseen#msg1510315

This Project is being CROWD FUNDED!And its is Breaking Ground this year!

This is where the Money Went!!!

High-speed rail tapped state funds for unusual lobbying contract

http://www.mercurynews.com/california-high-speed-rail/ci_19881156

In an extremely unusual use of taxpayer money, the leaders behind California's $99 billion high-speed train quietly hired a lobbyist to sway the Legislature -- the same politicians who appointed them to build the project in the first place.

Documents filed this week show the California High-Speed Rail Authority last year paid $161,103 to one of the country's biggest public relations firms to lobby the state's politicians as they consider spending $2.7 billion to launch the polarizing bullet train project.

Rail officials paid the lobbyists by issuing debt that will total about $300,000 with interest. It must be paid back through California's impoverished general fund budget.

High-speed rail officials defended the spending as a "vital need" when their staff was too small. But both Democratic and Republican lawmakers and even die-hard bullet train backers decried the lobbying as a wasteful and unethical use of taxpayer funds, saying it essentially amounts to the state spending money to lobby itself.

Freaking Anarchists  are doing what we have been paying Big Government for  .10 cents on the Dollar.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2015, 11:54:52 AM »
more about continental water supply ... NAWAPA  - When Americans were going to the Moon and Get'ner dun

http://factually.gizmodo.com/in-the-1960s-california-had-a-serious-plan-to-take-wate-1635066013
In the 1960s California had a serious plan to take water from Alaska

Alissa Walker
9/16/14 3:55pm
Forget the Los Angeles Aqueduct's measly 400 miles of water-moving. A proposal called North American Water and Power Alliance (NAWAPA) planned to divert water from Alaska south through the Rocky Mountains to Montana, where it would be directed to the headwaters of major river systems like the Colorado River. In addition, some water would be used to refill the Ogallala Reservoir in the Midwest and a fully navigable waterway would connect Western Canada to the Great Lakes. The plan would move 120 million acre-feet of water annually up to 3000 miles away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MibzpJ54do
NAWAPA Part One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0dsc-341O8
NAWAPA Part Two

Offline jerryweaver

Re: 2015 NAWAPA - Water Power Food & 7 million Jobs
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2015, 01:04:50 PM »
more about continental water supply ... NAWAPA  - When Americans were going to the Moon and Get'ner dun

Looks like Amercans is still Get'ner DUN!!!

The Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 were launched and have been is service 6 years. No news on this because it shows the Kleptocracy that their day is over.
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=267211.msg1510315#msg1510315

We can excuse the KLEPTOCRACY NOW!!! Bye Bye Liars and Thieves ...  Get outa the way !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFZXl45N0m8

http://bigelowaerospace.com/about/

Bigelow Aerospace

http://bigelowaerospace.com/about/

Since 1999 our mission has been to provide affordable destinations for national space agencies and corporate clients. In 2006 and 2007, we launched our orbiting protoypes Genesis I and Genesis II.

We seek to assist human exploration and the discovery of beneficial resources, whether in Low Earth Orbit (LEO), on the moon, in deep space or on Mars.

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2015, 02:03:18 PM »
The CA Elites get BUSTED spending all the money on Perks. This is why we have no water. They did the same thing on NAWAPA. Spent the funds on War, Cocaine, and Women. 

High-speed rail tapped state funds for unusual lobbying contract

In an extremely unusual use of taxpayer money, the leaders behind California's $99 billion high-speed train quietly hired a lobbyist to sway the Legislature -- the same politicians who appointed them to build the project in the first place.

Documents filed this week show the California High-Speed Rail Authority last year paid $161,103 to one of the country's biggest public relations firms to lobby the state's politicians as they consider spending $2.7 billion to launch the polarizing bullet train project.

Rail officials paid the lobbyists by issuing debt that will total about $300,000 with interest. It must be paid back through California's impoverished general fund budget.

High-speed rail officials defended the spending as a "vital need" when their staff was too small. But both Democratic and Republican lawmakers and even die-hard bullet train backers decried the lobbying as a wasteful and unethical use of taxpayer funds, saying it essentially amounts to the state spending money to lobby itself.

Freaking Anarchists  are doing what we have been paying Big Government for  .10 cents on the Dollar.

Bigelow Aerospace
Since 1999 our mission has been to provide affordable destinations for national space agencies and corporate clients. In 2006 and 2007, we launched our orbiting protoypes Genesis I and Genesis II.

We seek to assist human exploration and the discovery of beneficial resources, whether in Low Earth Orbit (LEO), on the moon, in deep space or on Mars.
http://bigelowaerospace.com/beam/

Elon Musk's 'Hyperloop' was dismissed as a pipe dream that would never get off the ground. But now the billionaire's plans to shoot capsules of passengers along a tube at around the speed of sound may launch as soon as next year. Pictured is the proposed test track. The proposed route of the first  full-scale Hyperloop follows Interstate 5, which runs through the agriculture-rich Central Valley in California. It would take seven to ten years to build.
Musk put the price tag at around $6.2 billion (£4 billion_ but pointed out that that is around one-tenth of the projected cost of a high-speed rail system that California has been planning to build.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2970909/The-Hyperloop-coming-Elon-Musk-s-radical-plan-let-people-travel-760-mph-tubes-tested-California-year.html#ixzz3W9oLwafr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2015, 02:25:56 PM »
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-snowpack-20150331-story.html#page=1

Gov. Brown orders California's first mandatory water restrictions: 'It's a different world'

Standing in a brown field that would normally be smothered in several feet of snow, Gov. Jerry Brown on Wednesday ordered cities and towns across California to cut water use by 25% as part of a sweeping set of mandatory drought restrictions, the first in state history.

The directive comes more than a year after Brown asked for a 20% voluntary cut in water use that most parts of the state have failed to attain, even as one of the most severe modern droughts drags into a fourth year. It also came on the day that water officials measured the lowest April 1 snowpack in more than 60 years of record-keeping in the Sierra Nevada.

Wearing hiking shoes and a windbreaker in an area that normally requires cross-country skis this time of year, Brown announced the executive order in a Sierra Nevada meadow that provided a dramatic illustration of the state's parched conditions.

“We're standing on dry grass,” Brown said. “We should be standing on five feet of snow.”

Emphasizing that the drought could persist, Brown said Californians must change their water habits. “It's a different world,” he said. “We have to act differently.”
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2015, 02:33:06 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/04/02/gov-jerry-brown-battling-california-water-crisis-created-by-his-father-gov-pat-brown/

Jerry Brown battles Calif. water crisis created by his father, Gov. Pat Brown

Excerpt from the article below....

Gov Pat Brown succeeded — and created a nightmare. The population of California in 1959 was about 15 million. Today, about 39 million people live there, and they’re all thirsty. Meanwhile, some of them have thirsty crops. Really thirsty ones: Agriculture uses 80 percent of the state’s water. Reisner, whose 500-plus page “Cadillac Desert” described California’s water dilemma in painstaking detail more than 20 years ago, summarized the problem — explained to Pat Brown by a city engineer in the late 1950s.

“When you added a couple of lanes to a freeway or built a new bridge, cars came out of nowhere to fill them,” Reisner wrote. “It was the same with water: the more you developed, the more growth occurred, and the faster demand grew. California was now hitched to a runaway locomotive.”

Faced with historic drought, Brown’s son Jerry must now find a way to slow that locomotive down. He’s ordered cities and towns to cut water use by 25 percent, but some wondered whether his plan was a Band-Aid on a gaping wound.

“We fear he did not go far enough,” the U-T San Diego editorialized. “… Our biggest concern is that there continues to be little concentrated focus on long-term drought solutions, such as seawater desalination, water reclamation and reuse, and infrastructure to increase storage capacity.”

The paper added: “Do the top officials in California really think this is the last California drought?”

Son Jerry can’t. As environmentally conscious “Governor Moonbeam” the first time round — from 1975 to 1983 — he supported the final phase of his father’s plans. “He did it for the old man,” some said.

“Through an irony some found delicious,” Reisner wrote, “the person who took it upon himself to complete the project that Pat Brown had left unfinished was none other than the apostle of the ‘era of limits,’ the first politician to proclaim that ‘small is beautiful’ and ‘less is more’: Jerry Brown.”

But it was the father who helped bring an intractable problem to the state that the son must now solve.

“Some of my advisers came to me and said, ‘Now governor, don’t bring the water to the people, let the people go to the water,’” Pat Brown said in 1979. “‘That’s a desert down there. Ecologically, it can’t sustain the number of people that will come if you bring the water project in there.’”

Pat Brown concluded: “I don’t want all these people to go to Northern California.”

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2015, 01:55:07 PM »
http://www.sonymoviechannel.com/movies/dogtown-and-z-boys
Dogtown Z-Boys ....

[ fyi -  notice any "fat kids" here? nope ... unheard of in my day ... there might be ONE in a thirty kid class ... ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-Boys
The mid-1970s brought a major drought to Southern California that parched Los Angeles. This drought brought on severe water restrictions, forcing many pool owners in the well-to-do neighborhoods to leave their swimming pools drained.

The Z-Boys saw opportunity, and like the Del Mar Nationals, they moved right in. They would drive through neighborhoods scouting for empty or semi-empty pools. They would even scout from high ridgelines. When they found a pool, they would sneak in and drain the remaining water in the pool so they could skate it. They even went as far as to bringing in their own hoses and water pumps just to clear out the dank water that collected in the pool's bottom.

The Z-Boys crew took their surf style of skating to the empty pools. Every day, each skater would try something new, pushing themselves and each other. They would skate the sides of the pool, closer and closer to the pool's coping as they got better. This was the birth of vertical skating, and it became the basis for skateboarding and many of the extreme sports seen today.[citation needed] One day during a skating session in the fall of 1977 in a pool nicknamed "the Dogbowl" in Santa Monica, the "eureka" moment arrived. Tony Alva pushed more and more on the coping until his board completely cleared the edge of the pool. He then twisted, doing a 180 degree turn and landed back in the pool, completing the very first aerial. This revolutionized skateboarding and many extreme sports. Many of the tricks performed on skateboards, and later snowboards, wakeboards, rollerblades and BMX bikes, would be performed in midair from that point on. The Z-Boys and their "Dogtown" style revived skateboarding, which had been on a major down-hill slump since the mid-1960s.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3031492/River-closings-drought-friendly-car-washes-barren-ski-resorts-signs-drought-stricken-California-reveal-change-underway.html

Where will they cool off now? Californians demolish their back yard swimming pools thanks to record drought as they face mandatory reduction in water use

California Governor Jerry Brown ordered a 25% cutback in water use by cities and towns in the state on Wednesday
Photos taken on Wednesday show the ongoing drought is already taking its toll on once technicolor landscapes
Signs showing river closings and offering drought friendly services signal that change is already underway   
The crackdown comes as California and its nearly 40 million residents move toward a fourth summer of drought
State reservoirs have a year's worth of water and with record low snowfall there won't be much to replenish them

Dried up: A 'River Closed' sign is posted on the Truckee River which has dried up because of lack of water at Lake Tahoe, in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, California on Wedneday
By Associated Press and Reuters and Alexandra Klausner For Dailymail.com and Ted Thornhill for MailOnline
Published: 00:58 EST, 9 April 2015  | Updated: 09:44 EST, 9 April 2015

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2015, 04:21:50 PM »

April 14, 2015 (Released Thursday April 16, 2015)

At the end of the week, the statewide snow water equivalent stood at 5% of average and Extreme (D3) to Exceptional Drought (D4) again covered two-thirds of the state.

'

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2015, 10:24:21 AM »
Just in time for "fire season"

The NCEI (formerly NCDC) May 2015 precipitation total for the contiguous U.S. was the wettest May and month of any month in the 121-years of record keeping.

State-wise, it was the wettest May in Texas, Oklahoma, and Colorado, and one of the top 5 wettest Mays in Utah, Kansas, Wyoming, Arkansas, and South Dakota. With those statistics  it is not surprising that nearly all drought from late March has been eliminated in the Plains, Midwest, and central Gulf Coast. In addition, wet spring weather in the Great Basin and Four Corners Region has continued into June, necessitating improvements to parts of these areas. During this week, stalled or slow-moving cold fronts in the north-central Plains and along the southern Atlantic and eastern Gulf Coasts triggered scattered showers and thunderstorms, some locally heavy, in parts of the northern and central Plains, upper Midwest, central Corn Belt, and from the Delmarva Peninsula southward into Florida.  ...

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2015, 11:31:55 AM »
^^^^^^

Well that map is starting to get scary for Montanans even though I am sitting 500 ft from a beautiful river.

We have Ponderosa Pines over 150 feet tall here.

Now the potatoes of Idaho are in danger.

I still believe that some of this is manufactured TO TRY TO LESSEN THE EFFECTS OF FUKUSHIMA.  I posted an article a few weeks ago that said that the US is going to get 80% of the radiation that Japan has from Fukusima by next year.  I think the are using HAARP and chemtrails to try to stop this radiation from getting here by the clouds but as we know the winds go from east to west---generally.

COULD THE EFFECTS OF FUKUSHIMA EVENTUALLY KILL US ALL?  Stay tuned.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2015, 10:55:28 AM »
Salton sea evaporating into nothing - to create salt dust storms ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/californias-largest-lake-is-slipping-away-amid-an-epic-drought/2015/05/28/e83dd136-fe51-11e4-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html
California’s largest lake is slipping away amid an epic drought
By Todd C. Frankel May 28 2015

Allowing the Salton Sea to shrink unabated would be catastrophic, experts say. Dried lake bed, called playa, is lighter and flies farther than ordinary soil. Choking clouds of particulate matter driven by powerful desert winds could seed health problems for 650,000 people as far away as Los Angeles. The effects would be even worse along the lake, where communities already fail federal air-quality standards and suffer the highest asthma rates in the state
The Imperial Valley gets 70 percent of California’s annual allotment of water from the Colorado River. How the water is shared is spelled out by the Law of the River, drafted in 1922.

For decades, the water seemed endless. California often took even more than it was entitled to, and no one particularly cared. Farmers in the Imperial Valley treated the water like a cheap birthright. They flooded fields. They didn’t worry about conservation.
If nothing is done, the lake’s water level will plummet 20 feet in the next 15 years, according to projections. Salinity will triple. The last of the fish will die off. And so will many of the birds.

And 100 square miles of lake bed will be exposed. The dust will be devastating.

All the sea needs is more water. But that’s what everyone needs. It’s a zero-sum game.

“We’re taking water from one pot and putting it in another,” Wilcox said.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2015, 11:05:25 AM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/californias-relentless-drought-has-taken-a-dire-turn-2015-6
California's 'relentless' drought has taken a dire turn
Jun. 12, 2015, 11:30 PM

... state regulators on Friday ordered farmers and others who hold some of the strongest water rights in the state to stop all pumping from three major waterways in one of country's prime farm regions.

The order involving record cuts by senior water rights holders in the Sacramento, San Joaquin, and delta watersheds followed mandatory water curtailment earlier this year to cities and towns and to farmers with less ironclad water rights

The waterways targeted Friday in the order by the State Water Resources Control Board provide water to farms and cities in the agriculture-rich Central Valley and beyond.

Economists and agriculture experts say growing of some crops will shift in the short-term to regions with more water, so the water cuts are expected to have little immediate impact on food prices.

The curtailment order applies to 114 entities — including individual landowners and water districts serving farmers and small communities — with claims dating back to 1914 or before.

It will force thousands of water users in the state to tap groundwater, buy water at rising costs, use previously stored water, or go dry.

California water law was built around preserving the water rights of those who staked claims to waterways more than a century ago or have property that abuts the rivers and streams.

Water regulators had spared the senior rights holders until now but warn that still more cuts will be coming for farmers and others in weeks to follow.

People ordered Friday to cut back have water rights going back to 1903. Officials say they have rights to an estimated 1.2 million acre-feet for a year — more than a dozen times San Francisco's annual use — but the officials do not know how much the curtailments will save this summer.

"We are now at the point where demand in our system is outstripping supply for even the most senior water rights holders," said Caren Trgovcich, chief deputy director of the water board.

Jeanne Zolezzi, an attorney for two small irrigation districts serving farmers in the San Joaquin area, says she plans to go to court next week to stop the board's action.

She said her clients include small family farms that grow permanent crops such as apricots and walnuts, and have no back-up supplies in wells or reservoirs.

"A lot of trees would die, and a lot of people would go out of business," said Zolezzi. "We are not talking about a 25% cut like imposed on urban. This is a 100% cut, no water supplies."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/californias-relentless-drought-has-taken-a-dire-turn-2015-6#ixzz3d8xudsrg

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2015, 12:43:40 PM »
It shows the mindset of "destruction humanity."  Instead of the financial black hole of wars that our money is poured into, we should be addressing the cause of no water.  And, water systems should be developed for the crops - at all costs!

So, what about the chemtrailing off the pacific coast that prevents the rain from coming inland to California, Oregon and Washington?

People are so into this idea of water austerity.  The dumb-downed's seem to think if you use water it is gone forever, never to return.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2015, 11:22:16 PM »
http://www.inquisitr.com/2189544/lake-fire-spreading-due-to-california-drought-and-bark-beetle-infestation/

THERE ARE GOING TO BE A LOT MORE FIRES LIKE THIS ONE THIS YEAR.  IT GETS DRIER AND DRIER EACH YEAR.

Lake Fire Spreading Due To California Drought And Bark Beetle Infestation

The first major forest fire of the season has hit California, it has been named the Lake Fire Wildfire.

The fire began June 17, 2015, and has been spreading since then. The stats, as of 8 p.m. Saturday, say that approximately 16,000 acres have been burned with 500 structures threatened. Almost 2,000 personnel are assigned to the fire and it remains only 15 percent contained.

Lake Fire has shown no obvious cause, it is under investigation.

Normally, the high humidity levels at this time of year would be a great help to firefighters in the case of a wildfire. Unfortunately, humidity levels that would usually be between 50 and 100 percent are sticking to about 10 percent.

With the lack of rain, dry wood and dead leaves are proving to be potent fuel for Lake Fire.

“It makes a dry situation an incendiary situation,” said William Patzert, employee of the Jet Propulsion Lab in La Cañada Flintridge. “We expect June gloom, we don’t expect these crushing high-pressure systems which are more usual in late summer, fall…. This is all part of the drought pattern.”

That means this wildfire season could be one of the worst for California in years. Already, Lake Fire is one of the largest fires seen in this terrain for a century. It’s not just because of the drought, either.

Also to blame for the raging fire is a bark beetle infestation.

The L.A. Times reported on a survey completed by the U.S. Forest Service.

Over 4 million acres of trees were studied and the survey found that roughly 2 million trees were dead and dried up because of the beetle infestation.

Liz Brown, spokeswoman for the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, summed it up.

“The tree kill, that also has played into why these really thick trees that normally would be able to survive fires really just aren’t able to right now.”

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2015, 12:39:17 PM »
they have been planning this since 2008 20x2020 :  Part of this plan and in law is to meter EVERY water source by 2025!!!

http://www.swrcb.ca.gov/water_issues/hot_topics/20x2020/docs/20x2020plan.pdf

http://www.swrcb.ca.gov/water_issues/hot_topics/20x2020/
20x2020 Agency Team on Water Conservation

On February 28, 2008 Governor Schwarzenegger wrote to leadership of the California State Senate, outlining key elements of a comprehensive solution to problems in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta. The first element on the Governor's list was “a plan to achieve a 20 percent reduction in per capita water use statewide by 2020.” In March 2008 the 20x2020 Agency Team was convened to develop a plan to achieve a 20 percent reduction in per capita urban water use statewide by 2020. The final 20x2020 Water Conservation Plan, dated February 2010, has been released.

About 20x2020

The 20x2020 Water Conservation Plan sets forth a statewide road map to maximize the state’s urban water efficiency and conservation opportunities between 2009 and 2020, and beyond. It aims to set in motion a range of activities designed to achieve the 20 percent per capita reduction in urban water demand by 2020. These activities include improving an understanding of the variation in water use across California, promoting legislative initiatives that incentivize water agencies to promote water conservation, and creating evaluation and enforcement mechanisms to assure regional and statewide goals are met. The 20x2020 Plan discusses these many activities in detail.

The draft of this plan served as a basis for legislation that was enacted in November 2009 to incorporate into law (Senate Bill X7 7) the goal to achieve a 20 percent reduction in urban per capita water use in California by 2020. Urban water suppliers are required to establish water conservation targets for the years 2015 and 2020. One of the alternative approaches specified in the law that water suppliers can use for their local targets is based on the regional targets in the April 30, 2009 draft 20x2020 Water Conservation Plan. The regional targets in the final plan are the same as in the draft.

| - - - -

http://www.mercurynews.com/drought/ci_26482196/california-homes-lack-water-meters-during-drought
California homes lack water meters during drought
State law requires water meters by 2025, but the State Water Resources Control Board says dozens of water districts, many in the thirsty Central Valley, aren't totally metered.
All new homes built since 1992 in California were required to have water meters, and in 2004, a state law called for retrofitting the rest by 2025, except those in the smallest water districts.

ftp://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/03-04/bill/asm/ab_2551-2600/ab_2572_cfa_20040416_140929_asm_comm.html
    ASSEMBLY COMMITTEE ON BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONS
                                  Lou Correa, Chair
                    AB 2572 (Kehoe) - As Amended:  April 12, 2004

SUBJECT  :   Water meters.

SUMMARY  :   Requires urban water suppliers to install water 
          meters by 2025 on all service connections constructed before 
          1992.  Specifically,  this bill  : 

1)Requires urban water suppliers not already covered by Water 
            Code 111, to install water meters on all municipal and 
            industrial water service connections by January 1, 2025.

2)Requires urban water suppliers to charge customers who have 
            meters installed on the volume of deliveries, by January 1, 

3)Requires that, from January 1, 2010 on, an urban water 
            supplier that applies for state financial assistance for a 
            wastewater treatment project or a water-use efficiency 
            project, or for a permit for a new or expanded water supply, 
            must demonstrate that the applicant meets specified 
            requirements.

4)Requires that, from January 1, 2015 on, an urban water 
            supplier that applies for state financial assistance for a 
            wastewater treatment project or a water-use efficiency 
            project, or for a permit for a new or expanded water supply, 
            must demonstrate that the applicant meets specified 
            requirements. 

5)Authorizes an urban water supplier to recover the cost of 
            purchasing and installing meters from rates, fees, or charges.

6)Authorizes an urban water supplier to implement measures to 
            comply with this bill, regardless of any local ordinances to 
            the contrary.

7)Gives any water purveyor that is not an urban water supplier 
            by 2005, but becomes one later, ten years to have water meters 
            installed on all service connections and five years to charge 
            customers on the volume of deliveries

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=wat&group=00001-01000&file=525-529.7
527.  (a) An urban water supplier that is not subject to Section 526
shall do both of the following:
   (1) Install water meters on all municipal and industrial service
connections located within its service area on or before January 1,
   (2) (A) Charge each customer that has a service connection for
which a water meter has been installed based on the actual volume of
deliveries as measured by the water meter, beginning on or before
January 1, 2010.
   (B) Notwithstanding subparagraph (A), in order to provide
customers with experience in volume-based water service charges, an
urban water supplier that is subject to this subdivision may delay,
for one annual seasonal cycle of water use, the use of meter-based
charges for service connections that are being converted from
nonvolume-based billing to volume-based billing.
   (b) A water purveyor, including an urban water supplier, may
recover the cost of providing services related to the purchase,
installation, and operation of a water meter from rates, fees, or
charges.

| - - -
http://ww2.kqed.org/science/2014/03/10/california-communities-that-pay-a-flat-rate-for-water-use-more-of-it/

All homes and business in California are required to have water meters by 2025, according to a law signed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. But, Rogers adds, there are other types of water users in California that don’t have meters and don’t fall under that law, including farms and individual units in apartment buildings.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2015, 11:58:39 AM »

date---6-24-2015

from rense.com

PICTURE OF LAKE SHASTA, CALIFORNIA....

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2015, 12:01:27 PM »

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2015, 12:15:56 PM »
http://www.mercurynews.com/drought/ci_28372207/california-drought-support-grows-bay-area-toilet-tap

California Drought: Support grows in the San Francisco Bay Area for toilet to tap water

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2015, 12:19:40 PM »
http://www.cadrought.com/historic-drought-regulations-350-million-in-incentives-boost-lawn-removals/

JUNE 10, 2015
BY STEVE SCAUZILLO

Historic drought regulations, $350 million in incentives boost lawn removals

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2015, 12:21:29 PM »
http://www.cadrought.com/californias-drought-is-killing-redwood-trees/

MAY 29, 2015
BY STEVE SCAUZILLO

California’s drought is killing redwood trees

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2015, 12:26:45 PM »

Offline iamc2

« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2015, 02:19:46 PM »
Weather Modification---all day long!

these Nazi Bastards will BURN the Earth...and enjoy doing it!

They are INSANE and running wild on our home: planet Earth!
"When the Truth was murdered:
Common Sense ran away..."

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2015, 10:29:00 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/07/01/californias-burning-again-as-droughts-vicious-circle-takes-its-toll/

Cool video at the link.....more at the link

California’s burning again as drought’s vicious cycle takes its toll

Everything in nature is connected, which is great when nature is kind. But when it’s cruel, it brings us California, circa 2015.

The worst California drought in recorded history has stressed out the trees. That makes them more vulnerable, for example, to bark beetles, which suck out their sap and kill them by the million. The dead trees produce fuel for wildfires, which in turn are harder to fight because the state’s reservoirs are depleted, which means fire-fighting helicopters have to fly further and further away to refill their tanks, which gives the fires more time to spread.

California has wildfires every year. But with the drought, the fires started earlier this year. It’s not unusual for the Eastern Sierra area of California to see snow during a typical February. What is highly unusual is having one of the largest wildfires of the year during that month, destroying 40 homes and kicking off a historically early wildfire season.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2015, 10:32:35 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/08/28/californias-drought-what-losing-63-million-gallons-of-water-looks-like/

Story at the link....

California’s drought: What losing 63 trillion gallons of water looks like

Picture of Lake Oroville near Oroville, California.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2015, 12:07:21 AM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/06/us/rocky-fire-in-california-defies-expectations-and-defenses.html?_r=0

Çalifornia Fire, Aided by Drought, Defies Tactics to Defeat It

LAKEPORT, Calif. — As firefighters on Wednesday embarked on their sixth day of battling the largest of the many wildfire s that have flared across the state, fire officials said the Rocky Fire, which has grown to consume nearly 70,000 acres here in the northern reaches of wine country, was still nowhere near under control and may not be until perhaps Monday.

The Rocky Fire, which was impeded slightly by humid overnight conditions, has already defied firefighters’ expectations for how such blazes typically behave, and has crossed highways, fire lines and other barriers meant to contain it. Feeding on tinder-dry terrain and woodlands that have been parched by drought, the Rocky Fire is now 106 square miles and has forced the evacuation of 1,480 people; about 13,000 have been urged to leave their homes.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2015, 12:09:19 AM »
http://www.wired.com/2015/08/one-way-fight-californias-drought-desalting-ocean/

ONE WAY TO FIGHT CALIFORNIA’S DROUGHT: DESALT THE OCEAN

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2015, 12:21:34 AM »

Looking Ahead

Monsoon showers and thunderstorms will bring rain to the Southwest during July 30-August 5, while frontal rains will moisten parts of the country east of the Rockies. A tenth of an inch or more of rain, with locally 2+ inches, is expected across the Southwest and into the southern Plains. A quarter of an inch to locally over an inch is forecast to fall from the central Plains to the Northeast and parts of the Southeast, with parts of Florida expecting locally 4+ inches.

It will be dry across much of northern California and the Pacific Northwest, as well as the Mid-Mississippi Valley, and into the Northern Rockies.

Near- to cooler-than-normal temperatures shift to the Great Lakes, while hotter-than-normal temperatures return to the Northwest and continue over the South

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2015, 12:59:02 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/wildfires-wreak-havoc-drought-choked-western-states-33204262
Wildfires Wreak Havoc in Drought-Choked Western States
Aug 20, 2015, 6:25 PM ET
By The Associated Press
The blazes took a deadly turn in Washington state, where three firefighters were killed and four more injured.

A look at large wildfires burning in several Western states:

———

WASHINGTON

Authorities say three firefighters died after their vehicle crashed and was apparently caught by a "hellstorm" of flames as they battled a blaze in Washington state. Four other firefighters were injured near Twisp.

CALIFORNIA

There were 15 wildfires burning in California, with more than 11,000 firefighters on the front lines as crews contend with abnormally high temperatures for the season and drought-stressed fuels that haven't burned in 30 years.

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2015, 09:07:30 AM »
Is Climate Change Our Biggest Problem?

Droughts have not increased since 1950!
https://youtu.be/Sgm3QOWt6Tc?t=68

Is man-made climate change our biggest problem? Are the wildfires, droughts and hurricanes we see on the news an omen of even worse things to come? The United Nations and many political leaders think so and want to spend trillions of tax dollars to reverse the warming trend. Are they right? Will the enormous cost justify the gain? Economist Bjorn Lomborg, director of the Copenhagen Consensus Center, explains the key issues and reaches some sobering conclusions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgm3QOWt6Tc

Until people who want to know and share the truth stop believing the main stream media they will continue to chase their tails.

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2015, 06:06:52 PM »
Manmade weather warfare droughts are a big problem in California ...

December 1, 2015

The West

During the past week, average temperatures were well below normal across much of the West with the exception of southeastern Arizona, western New Mexico, and parts of Colorado. Elsewhere, record low temperatures were reported in California, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming. In the Sierras, light-to-moderate snowfall accumulations (generally less than nine inches) were observed late last week and into the weekend.

Across the West, current snowpack conditions are above normal in portions of the central Sierra, Great Basin ranges, southeastern and southwestern Utah, and in areas of the southern Rockies. Below normal snowpack conditions are present in the Uintah and Wasatch of Utah, across much of the northern Rockies, and in the Cascades of Oregon and Washington.

On this week’s map, improvements were made in areas of Moderate Drought (D1) in northeastern Arizona and northwestern New Mexico where drought-related conditions continue to abate as nearly all objective indicators point toward improvement. This week’s removal of the remaining area of Moderate Drought (D1) marks the first time New Mexico has been out of drought on the map since November 23, 2010. It should be emphasized, however, that the managed hydrologic systems have not fully recovered and that some of the state’s reservoirs remain below normal. In central and west-central Utah, areas of Moderate Drought (D1) and Severe Drought (D2) saw minor improvements as slow recovery in these areas continues. In central Utah, NRCS SNOTEL stations are reporting slightly above average snowpack conditions to date. In the central Rockies of Colorado, areas of Abnormally Dry (D0) were reduced as early season snowpack data supports improvement.