How to Make Money Off the Grid

Author Topic: How to Make Money Off the Grid  (Read 21692 times)

Offline Brie217

« on: May 23, 2012, 12:33:24 pm »
Have you ever wondered just how much money it might take to live off-the-grid?  Well, it doesn't take as much as you might think.  Here is an article that breaks down the logistics.

http://brie-hoffman.hubpages.com/hub/How-much-money-does-it-take-to-go-Off-Grid

Offline Brie217

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 12:37:14 pm »
Ok, so you want to go off the grid and live a life of freedom...but what about property taxes and incidentals.  Even off the grid you need to make money.  Here are some good ideas on how to make money after you've gone off the grid!

http://brie-hoffman.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-make-MONEY-Off-the-Grid

Offline Brie217

Re: How to Make Money Off the Grid
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 06:15:30 pm »
 :)

Offline Brie217

How to Stop Eating Like a Pig by kicking your Sugar Addiction!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 09:26:44 am »
I have dieted my entire life.  However, it wasn't until after I turned 50 that I learn the secret to healthy eating.  All the weight loss programs in the world will not help you if you continue eating processed foods.  Follow my journey to healthy eating that wont cost you a cent and will, in fact, save you money!

http://brie-hoffman.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Stop-Eating-Like-a-Pig

Offline Brie217

The key to going off the grid inexpensively is the type of home you build.  The best and cheapest kind of home is a Cob Cottage.

Offline Brie217

Cob Cottages: The Best Off-Grid Homes You've NEVER heard of!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 10:48:15 am »
The key to going off the grid inexpensively is to build your own Cob Cottage.  Cob Cottages have been around for thousands of years.  Some are still standing after 1000 years.  These inexpensive homes can be built by women, children and the elderly.  Just think how much money you could save if your home was paid for...just think of the freedom.  There are many other advantages to Cob Cottages, if you are interested read the article!

http://brie-hoffman.hubpages.com/hub/The-Pros-and-Cons-of-Cob-Cottages

Offline John Gault

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 07:43:00 pm »
Hi Brie,

I am just catching up with my reading on this forum, have been gone a while. Love your hub-pages. They offer great info for going off the grid. I have to learn more about the Cob houses, but they sound like a good way to go and putting a metal roof on it matches perfectly. Have you gone totally off grid and how is going so far? I will not be going off totally, but will be making some major changes. Thanks for all the great info.
I love my country, but I fear my government.

Dante: "Follow your own course, and let the people say what they will."

Offline iskdude57

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 11:06:15 pm »
Excellent post, this is key to a sustainable civilization IMO Housing that actually can keep you warm.  I was thinking of doing underground housing for a long time but a Cob house sounds so much better.  Although IF I were to stay here in the states and wanted to stay hidden from marauders during a systemic collapse of civilization in America I think an underground house would be ideal. 

Cob houses don't rot, they keep you warm in the winter, cool in the summer.  Much like my concrete garage...  Definitely fits the definition of a home.  Unlike today's fragile wooden blocks prone to high wind, fire, falling trees, bugs, rats, mold and rot.  I'm definitely gonna work toward one once I get enough money to buy a property.  You should look up a123 systems batteries or nano lithium iron phosphate batteries for your electrical system and battery storage...  Combine this with a windmill or two along with a satellite to connect to internet and tv with a nice home theater system with plenty of blu rays and video games in stock to ride out the economic collapse for a few years lol...