Autism Linked to Maternal Obesity

Author Topic: Autism Linked to Maternal Obesity  (Read 1878 times)

Offline drew1503

Autism Linked to Maternal Obesity
« on: April 09, 2012, 11:34:13 am »
Now autism is because of Maternal Obesity but buried in the article is "It's hard to say if they are linked" and it could be other factors.  More propaganda but what else should I expect.  Of course it could not be linked to vaccines at all.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/AutismRisk/autism-linked-maternal-obesity-diabetes/story?id=16086872 

A new study suggests obesity during pregnancy may raise the risk of autism, a developmental disorder that affects one in 88 American children.

The study of more than 1,000 children in California found the risk of autism and other developmental delays was 60 percent higher among those born to mothers who were obese, hypertensive or diabetic.

"The prevalence of obesity and diabetes among U.S. women of childbearing age is 34 percent and 8.7 percent, respectively," the study authors wrote in their report published today in the journal Pediatrics. "Our findings raise concerns that these maternal conditions may be associated with neurodevelopmental problems in children and therefore could have serious public health implications."

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta estimates one in 88 children has an autism spectrum disorder, up from one in 110 in 2006. Obesity is also on the rise, affecting more than one-third of U.S. adults.

"It's hard to say if they're linked," said study author Irva Hertz-Picciotto, professor of public health sciences at the University of California at Davis. "It might be there's some environmental factor that contributes both to the obesity epidemic and to the rise in autism cases. Or it could be the increase in obesity is, in fact, contributing to the increase in autism. But it's certainly not going to account for all of it."

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
Re: Autism Linked to Maternal Obesity
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 12:17:31 pm »
Perfect cover for pharma: blame the mother.
It's not the first time...

Ever heard of the "Schizophrenogenic Mother"? This was the prevailing psychiatric opinion of the cause of schizophrenia up until the 1970's - blaming the mother was the easy way out. Bad mothering can cause shizophrenia.

So now we have a new chapter in the "Bad Mother" book of scapegoating: Obese mothers cause their children to have Autism.

And they'll ride that one as long as possible.

Funny how they can do intensive studies trying to link obese mothers to Autistic kids.
Lots of studies.
But nobody dare mention the MMR vaccine link - because they'd be marginalized, stripped of any research funding, and called "wacky conspiracy theorist". Even if they have proof, they'll be shouted off the stage, any medical journals that were honest enough to publish their work will have to print retractions, and apologize, or face the consequences. This is all such a farce.

Now Autism is linked to obesity in mothers.. except how about those skinny mothers with autistic children (my next door neighbor for one).. .what about those mothers? Look for more "blame the mother" bs coming (indirectly) from pharma as more and more people realize the vaccines did it.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

~ Thomas Paine, A Dissertation on the First Principles of Government, 1795

Offline John_Back_From_The_Club_O

• From Hell to Veins
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 07:12:47 pm »
The medical industrial complex is in panic mode trying to distract the public from looking at the REAL root of autism VACCINES. 

That's because autism is an EPIDEMIC and SO is shooting children up with multiple doses of vaccines.

Offline starvosan

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 01:41:55 am »
The absolute disregard for the lives of young children truly shows the devilish nature of the power structure.

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 01:46:19 am »
There is no doubt in my mind the evil we are all against.  It's good to know I am in the midst of good patriots in this forum.  Because of all the lies and disinformation that is being thrown out to the public, most people are just tuning it all out altogether.
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline Theo42

• Vaccine Risk
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 10:55:49 am »
Bullshit.

That is all.
My Blog on Vaccine Risk- A new resource tool in the fight!

http://vaccinerisk.blogspot.com/

Offline SUPREMEMASTER

• Commander
    • http://www.activismoverdrive.comze.com
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 11:00:34 am »
Bullshit.

That is all.

I'm with this guy...

It's a psy. op. to cover-up of the real causes of autism.

Maternal Obesity?

--I mean what a joke.

What we have here is an epidemic of brain-damaging vaccines, which causes an epidemic of autism.

Gee, what a coincidence?

I wonder how the coincidence theorists will try to plausibly deny the truth this time?
Automatic User Post Signature:
The message has to be put out in the right way.
Website Still Needs to be updated |ActivismOverDrive.comze.net|

Offline ersatz protocol

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 02:49:10 pm »
whats amazingly obvious that often happens is when damning stats are released,a short time right afterwards a
new 'scientific' study will pop up to divert blame and quell new questions being raised by the worsening stats.

the most effective it seems is to shift the blame back on to the mother and obesity or genetic traits of both parents.
i want to start keeping records like a timeline of headlines that can distinctly show
this media pr retort of sorts..always following an announcement showing autisms rise.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 02:58:10 pm »

This is definitely BS.  When I was growing up back in the 70's the girls were much thinner.

OF COURSE WE KNOW IT'S THE VACCINES.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 05:02:29 pm »
Interesting this comes just a week after they were saying older men's dna was falling apart  and thats the problem....

http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/v14/n11/full/nm1108-1170a.html
Male biological clock possibly linked to autism, other disorders

http://sfari.org/news-and-opinion/news/2011/risk-of-autism-spikes-for-children-of-older-men
Risk of autism spikes for children of older men
Emily Anthes
 28 January 2011

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2125128/Is-autism-children-mutation-sperm-eggs-older-fathers.html

Is autism in children down to mutation in sperm that's more common in older fathers?
By Fiona Macrae
PUBLISHED: 12:08 EST, 4 April 2012

Three large-scale studies have highlighted the importance of mistakes in the DNA of eggs and sperm to the development of autism.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2125128/Is-autism-children-mutation-sperm-eggs-older-fathers.html#ixzz1rfp6ThbM

Offline America2

• Romans 10:9-10 King James Version
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 05:15:12 pm »

http://sfari.org/news-and-opinion/news/2011/risk-of-autism-spikes-for-children-of-older-men
Risk of autism spikes for children of older men
Emily Anthes
 28 January 2011

I remember reading this theory back in 2002 when actor Michael Douglas and his 1/2 his age wife(the woman from "Mask of Zorro") were expecting. Of course, we haven't heard anything about Douglas's child being good or bad, normal or not(if he or she wasn't, we would have heard 1000 stories on it by now).

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 07:59:05 pm »
whats amazingly obvious that often happens is when damning stats are released, a short time right afterwards a
new 'scientific' study will pop up to divert blame
and quell new questions being raised by the worsening stats.

the most effective it seems is to shift the blame back on to the mother and obesity or genetic traits of both parents.
i want to start keeping records like a timeline of headlines that can distinctly show
this media pr retort of sorts..always following an announcement showing autisms rise.

yes - exactly