Comic Book Conspiracy- Symbols and Messages in Comic Books

Author Topic: Comic Book Conspiracy- Symbols and Messages in Comic Books  (Read 286604 times)

Offline Ford

Re: Comic Book Conspiracy- Symbols and Messages in Comic Books
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2008, 09:35:25 PM »
Wow! I have found some stuff from the old comic Strange adventures.

Planet x

Cavemen in New york. I see this one as a return to nature after the population reduction.

And here are a couple with planes flying into buildings.

Offline Red7Paladin

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2008, 09:32:04 PM »
Sealion is sort of strange.  He seems to buy into the basic Illuminati view of the nature of reality.

Offline Red7Paladin

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2008, 10:43:48 PM »
Recently, I wrote a paper where I related the strange story concerning the time when a couple of comic books became intimately connected with one of the significant events of my young life.

Ms. Blades (my teacher)
English 101
12 February 2008

The Synchronicity of Angels

I was fifteen years-old when I first encountered the singular principle of synchronicity.  Of course, I had no consciousness of it at the time.  Only the knowledge acquired by my future self enabled me later to reflect upon this moment as the first recognizable instance of harmonious ‘together-time’ in my life.
   It was late at on a Friday night of in the summer of 1992.  It wasn’t too many years before that the Berlin Wall had fallen, the Soviet Union had collapsed, and the United States had waged war against Iraq in the Middle East.  But, as a soon-to-be high school sophomore living in dream-like Orange County, California, I was only superficially aware of these facts.   I was sitting on the blue L-shaped couch in my living room, re-reading some comics books I had just purchased that afternoon, when I heard the phone ring.  Not long after, my mother came in and commanded simply, “Put your shoes on.”
   While I was not altogether keen to obey, her abrupt tone and manner brooked no debate.  Wordlessly, I complied, being informed as I did so that it was the hospital that had called.  This was the hospital where my father had just undergone an angioplasty, which was supposed to have been a success.  My father, John Christian R. IV*, was a sports radio broadcaster who had been employed by Cal State Fullerton for ten years during the 80’s, calling the play-by-play for the Titan’s baseball, basketball, and football progams.  However, he had recently been hired by the radio station KMPC to do the same for UCLA Bruin’s football.  His career was really starting to take-off.  He had even filled-in on a couple of Angels’ games earlier that summer, drawing ever closer to his most fervent dream of becoming a Major League Baseball broadcaster.  Nearing the end of his forty-first year, my father was about to start his second season as UCLA’s play-by-play announcer.  But then he began to have severe chest pains. 
It’s difficult now to remember what exactly was going through my mind at the time, but I don’t think I  allowed myself to dwell much on what the phone call might portend.  It was enough to find my way out of the house and slide into the backseat of the car.  Soon we were driving down the street, my older half-brother, Michael, at the wheel, heading directly for the home of my sister’s friend.  There she was spending the night, just a few blocks away, within the confines of our suburban tract neighborhood.  Kristen Michelle was bleary-eyed as she plopped onto the backseat and at first seemed to have trouble remembering how to operate the seatbelt.  A few strands of her long, red hair caught within the door, so she opened it again to free them, then turned as if to speak.  Seeming to sense this, our mother turned her head.  Kristen quickly changed her mind when she saw the steel in mother’s eyes. 
Within minutes our white Grand Marquis was driving up the freeway entrance, first traveling east on the 91, then transferring north to the Interstate 5.  At one point Kristen became bold enough to venture a single question, “What’s happening, mother?”
But our mother did not respond.  She simply stared straight ahead through the windshield as the city lights and the lines of the road streaked by.  Quiet midnight surrounded us and silence filled the car as my sister perhaps realized our journey had only one possible destination:  Los Angeles, the City of Angels.  And the Good Samaritan Hospital where our father had undergone surgery just a few short hours before.
   As the freeway was practically empty, we made very good time.  Soon we were navigating L.A.’s surface streets, then arriving in the parking lot of the hospital itself.  Upon entering the sterile halls of the Good Samaritan, we were quietly ushered into a large operating room.  There lay the still, motionless form of my father, John Christian R. IV.  It was now around one-o’ in the morning.  We later learned that he had died shortly after midnight. 
   Kristen was in tears.  As for myself, I displayed no such emotion.  Although my mind registered an intense shock, I could only gaze silently upon the cold, dead body of my father.  I did not approach him, and no tears welled up in my eyes.  Although this man had brought seed into my mother’s womb, which helped form me and my younger sister, he had not been a true father to me.  The usual bond of a father and son did not exist between us.  He was my biological progenitor and little more.  Unfortunately, that was something my mother did not understand.  No sign of mourning being noted in her elder son, Michael, she could accept, for he was a child of her first husband.  But she regarded me coldly, flinging piercing icy daggers from her eyes.  It seemed that Linda Carol, beautiful song (and that she is) felt somehow betrayed by her son.  A terse order issued from her lips.  “Touch him,” she said, “He’s your father.” 
   I complied, though I knew that her statement was no longer true in any sense.  What lay before me now was just an empty shell.  The life was gone, the spirit had departed the body.  My father was dead.

Upon returning to our home in west Fullerton, no one spoke.  Everyone but me went to bed.  I knew attempting to sleep would be futile, so I soon resumed re-reading my comic books in the living room.  The first one I began to read was called WildC.A.T.S. (C.A.T.S being an acronym for Covert Action Teams).  The story described the millennia-old conflict  between two races of aliens who had crash-landed on earth in the distant past.  The Kherubim were human in appearance yet wielded supernatural powers, while the monstrous Daemonites had the ability to possess humans, to inhabit their bodies and control their minds.  On the first page (of the first issue of this new title released by the start-up company, Image Comics,) I received something of a shock.  Apparently, someone had discovered a mysterious orb in the northern wastes of Russia**.  But what truly disturbed me was a caption which related the date of this discovery:  August 9, 1992.  In what seemed a bizarre coincidence, that just happened to be this day, the very day my father had died.  As if that was not strange enough, I next read the second issue Spawn, a supernaturally-themed comic concerning a murdered CIA agent;  he was brought back from the dead by the Devil with supernatural powers.  This ‘gift’ was in return for his services and in hopes of seeing his wife again.  In one intensely violent scene from Spawn #2, a demon named The Violator savagely ripped somebody’s heart out.  Now my father had heart disease.  His first heart attack occurred when he was only twenty-nine, and he had open-heart surgery in his mid-thirties.  He finally succumbed to the disease after his angioplasty operation failed. 
   At the time, I had no word to describe these peculiar ‘coincidences’.  However, several years later, in 2001 when I was twenty-four years-old, I would stumble upon the concept of synchronicity.  Wikipedia offers the following definition:  “Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events which occur in a meaningful manner, but which are causally un-related. In order to be synchronous, the events must be related to one another conceptually, and the chance that they would occur together by random chance must be very small.  (Wikipedia the Free Encyclopedia Web Page.  11 Feb. 2008 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity>).  While some may believe this idea to be mystical and strange, I am certainly not the only one who has ever had such an experience.  Certainly events simply cannot be explained without acknowledging the spiritual nature of our reality.

The title of the story in issue #1 is "Resurrection Day".

*My name isn't John Christian -- V.  My father decided not to burden me with the title due to his memories of being ridiculed at school.

**Correction:  the online summaries record that the orb was found by a Daemonite in Antarctica, so I must have remembered incorrectly.  Void, a character named who appeared in the scene, was originally a Russian cosmonaut from Archangel (Arkhangelsk), so I must have merged her nationality with the location of the orb's discovery in my memory.

Another connection/synchronicity between my life and Image Comics.  I grew up in Fullerton, CA (and was living there when my father died), which is where Rob Liefeld, one of the founders of Image made his home at the time.  Liefeld's Young Blood (government superhero team) would later guest-star in that same WildC.A.T.s miniseries.  Incidentally, Fullerton, CA is where Philip K. Dick was living when he had his visions. (Read under the sub-heading Divine Invasion.)  Note that I do no5 support Dick's beliefs, as he seems to have become heavily influenced by Gnosticism after his experience in Feb. of 1974.  VALIS (1981), the first in his gnostic-themed series, was featured in the latest episode of Lost (on Feb. 21).

Offline Ford

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2008, 02:57:54 PM »
Sealion is sort of strange.  He seems to buy into the basic Illuminati view of the nature of reality.

Yea, he does. I have thought alot about this recently, and I am starting to think he may be correct. Coincideces happen for a reason, and everything is part of a pattern. Just because the Illuminati/masons/Nwo use secret knowledge for plots of world domination, it does not invalidate the information itself.

Certainly events simply cannot be explained without acknowledging the spiritual nature of our reality.

I don't completely understand what is going on with the synchronicity, but I have seen enough to know that something strange is going on.

Offline Red7Paladin

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2008, 03:29:00 PM »
Yea, he does. I have thought alot about this recently, and I am starting to think he may be correct. Coincideces happen for a reason, and everything is part of a pattern. Just because the Illuminati/masons/Nwo use secret knowledge for plots of world domination, it does not invalidate the information itself.

I don't completely understand what is going on with the synchronicity, but I have seen enough to know that something strange is going on.

The main drive of the Illuminati is apotheosis, the deification of man.  Man as god.  Which is exactly what the serpent has always promised. 

"And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:  For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."  (KJV Genesis 3:4-5)

And then there's the favorite number of Skull and Bones:

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Have you ever researched how the Babylonian/Egyptian Mystery Schools and Gnosticism/Luciferian doctrines infiltrated Christianity and created the Roman Catholic Church?

I recommend watching a couple of lectures which expose the occult foundation of the New World Order in great detail:

The Secret Behind The Secret Societies

Hidden Agendas

Also, do you know much about the Nephilim?

Nephilim Rising - UFOs and the New World Order

Offline Ford

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2008, 03:51:14 PM »
The main drive of the Illuminati is apotheosis, the deification of man.  Man as god.  Which is exactly what the serpent has always promised.

I want to make it very clear that I hate the Illuminati. My son has Autism.

I was refering to the belief they seem to have about coincidences, and things being interconnected. I don't understand it all, but there is something to it.

Have you ever researched how the Babylonian/Egyptian Mystery Schools and Gnosticism/Luciferian doctrines infiltrated Christianity and created the Roman Catholic Church?

When I was younger there was a series of comic books that delved into this. I no longer have them but I do remember the basic idea. However it started, I do know the Catholics I have met and befriended over the years are good people.

Also, do you know much about the Nephilim?

Yea, I did a little research on them when I first started waking up. It raised more questions than answers. Like, if a person has Nephilim and human ancestery, do they have a soul? And if you think Nephilum are spirits who inhabit human bodies, do the Nephilum know they are Nephilum? I decided not to follow that slippery slope, because it would be easier to explain how 9-11 was an inside job, and how we are being poisoned with vaccines. Who is at the top of the conspiracy? Some say it is the Catholic church, Some say it is the Zionists, or the Jesuits, while others say it is lizard people. I myself have no idea, but I do know that if things like 9-11 and 7-7 become exposed, then subsequent investigations will lead to answers. (And probably more questions as well.)

Offline 37

• "The President of what?"
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2008, 03:55:37 PM »
Soundlessdawn is another synchromysticist on You Tube.  He and Seallion often reference each other.  

Philip K. Dick believed that our world was a matrix...that an ancient satellite, artificial intelligence blinded us at birth from the truth of our existence.  He believed that this world was an "ironbar prison" or prison planet.  That the prison was designed by an evil and hateful god who feeds on pain and misery.  

PKD believed that all humans are like emmisaries sent here by the true and just creator of the universe, to break the hold of this "dark child".  But, the matrix and the trauma of birth make us forget our mission and we become lost.  He believed that the God of Light was fighting on the outside, and that we are supposed to fight from the inside.

Dick was quoted as saying, "God is in the trash."  He didn't mean this literally.  What he meant was that, the true God is constantly destroying the evil illusion.  This is why nothing lasts forever, and all things decay.  Without, physically destroying the satellite, though, the AI keeps reconstructing the illusion at a rate equal to the destruction...this explains the seasons and rebirth of nature.

PKD called the satellite VALIS.  

Dick based his theories on gnostic christianity and his own divinations from the Chinese "oracle", the I Ching.  

Dick also describes an experience he had in 1974 where he felt that he connected with his true eternal self.  He said that for a short period the illusion fell away and he saw the world for what it was...timeless.  He describes being able to see overlaying civilizations which were seperated by time...but interacting on the same plane.  

His description of the experience reminds me of Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions by Edwin A. Abbott.  It is the story of a two dimensional character who is a straight line.  Abbott describes this character as looking like this from either end:  .   from the side: ___
The Line ends up meeting a three dimensional character...a sphere.  The line can't comprehend what he is seeing.  
Very short and simple read.  If you have kids, they might enjoy hearing it read outloud(Abbott was an English clergyman, and wrote the story in 1884.  He was an educator.)  It is a good intro to the idea of multi-dimensional space.  Has math and science aps also.  The Dover Thrift Edition is only a dollar at most independent and college bookstores.

I think anyone who likes this thread would probably enjoy the fiction of Phil Dick.  Many of his stories have recently been made into films(Blade Runner, Total Recall, Minority Report, Paycheck, Next, A Scanner Darkly).

PKD wrote a trilogy of books based on his experience( Valis, The Divine Invasion, and The Transmigration of Timothy Archer)  
Vintage Books describes The Divine Invasion:

"In The Divine Invasion, Philip K. Dick asks: What if God- or a being called YAH -were alive and in exile on a distant planet?  How could a second coming succeed against the high technology and finely tuned rationalized evil of the modern police state."  - VB, 1991

PKD could make you doubt your own existence... ;)
"Whatever it is, I am against it."  -Groucho Marx

Channel 37
http://www.youtube.com/user/jmortimer37

Offline Red7Paladin

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2008, 03:56:04 PM »
Certainly events simply cannot be explained without acknowledging the spiritual nature of our reality.

By the way, that's a typo.  It should read, "Certain events simply cannot be explained without acknowledging the spiritual nature of our reality."

The following is quoted from a thread I wrote a several months ago:

I first began to research the Illuminati and the New World Order in the spring of 2001, so I wasn’t taken in by the all the propaganda when the supposed 9/11 ‘terrorist’ attacks occurred.  On the night of September 11, 2001, I prayed and asked God to show me something.  I opened up the Bible to the book of the prophet Jeremiah and found myself staring at chapter 9.  Considering that an interesting coincidence, I decided to check out verse 11.  Here is what it reads:

“And I will make Jerusalem heaps, and a den of dragons; and I will make the cities of Judah desolate, without an inhabitant.”  (Jeremiah 9:11, King James Version Bible)

Just recently, I decided to look at a few more 911 verses.

Proverbs 9:11 By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted: but it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked.

Revelation 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.  (Coincidentally, Revelation is the 66th book of the Bible.)

Of course, not every single 9:11 verse in the Bible is a portent of evil.  However, due to my experience on 9/11/01 with Jeremiah, I decided to look up some 1:16 verses.  Here is what I found.

Jeremiah 1:16  And I will utter my judgments against them touching all their wickedness, who have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, and worshipped the works of their own hands.

Proverbs 1:16  For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood.

Revelation 1:16  And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.  (Speaking of Jesus Christ)

end of quote

Also, my mother had one of those Daily Calendars with Bible verses in 2001.  The verse on 9/11 was 2 Chronicles 7:14.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

Offline Red7Paladin

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2008, 06:12:28 PM »
I read The Short Happy Life of the Brown Oxford (The Collected Stories of Philip K. Dick, Vol. 1), VALIS, and The Divine Invasion in the summer of 2005.  A Scanner Darkly was published the year I was born, 1977 (b. 7-19-1977), but I've only seen the movie.

Offline 37

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2008, 07:00:35 PM »
I read The Short Happy Life of the Brown Oxford (The Collected Stories of Philip K. Dick, Vol. 1), VALIS, and The Divine Invasion in the summer of 2005.  A Scanner Darkly was published the year I was born, 1977 (b. 7-19-1977), but I've only seen the movie.

Ubik, The Man in the High Castle, Flow My tears the Policeman Said, and Scanner Darkly are my favoites.  The Scanner Darkly movie was a great telling of the story, but the book is even better.  If, for some reason, you want to know what life as a drug addict is like, that is the best book for it. 

I like those Nephilim movies(I'm on #4), wasn't what I expected.  It fits in more than I expected. 
Don't you think the Sword and Shield Film Company logo looks kind of illuminati? 
Two crossed swords behind a shield with a cross on it. 

I have looked around for a better synopsis of what Dick believed...I'll post what I find.  There is a book by Lawrence Sutin called The Shifting Realities of Philip K. Dick: Selected Literary and Philosophical Writings.  It has quite a bit of info on PKD's "Exegesis".

Channel 37

Offline Red7Paladin

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2008, 07:27:34 PM »
Ubik, The Man in the High Castle, Flow My tears the Policeman Said, and Scanner Darkly are my favoites.  The Scanner Darkly movie was a great telling of the story, but the book is even better.  If, for some reason, you want to know what life as a drug addict is like, that is the best book for it. 

I like those Nephilim movies(I'm on #4), wasn't what I expected.  It fits in more than I expected. 
Don't you think the Sword and Shield Film Company logo looks kind of illuminati? 
Two crossed swords behind a shield with a cross on it. 

I have looked around for a better synopsis of what Dick believed...I'll post what I find.  There is a book by Lawrence Sutin called The Shifting Realities of Philip K. Dick: Selected Literary and Philosophical Writings.  It has quite a bit of info on PKD's "Exegesis".

I thought about reading The Man in the High Castle.  Maybe I will.

Yes, the Nephilim films were better than I expected they would be as well.  Like I wrote in my other thread, the only point on which I really disagree with the narrator is his belief in the pre-tribulation rapture.  I stopped believing in that (and most of the LeftBehind=type interpretation of end-times prophecy) back in 2002.  Anyway, no, I don't think that logo looks Illuminati.  Watch those Total Onslaught lectures I linked to if you want to see all the major occult symbolism. 

I read a lot of stuff about PKD's beliefs back in 2003 or 2004.  Are you looking for his Tractates Cryptica Scriptura?

Offline 37

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2008, 07:37:33 PM »
1.I thought about reading The Man in the High Castle.  Maybe I will.

2.I read a lot of stuff about PKD's beliefs back in 2003 or 2004.  Are you looking for his Tractates Cryptica Scriptura?

1. You should, it is very appropriate to this thread and the discussion of reality and fantasy and the grey area between.

2.Possibly...Honestly, I'm not sure if I have heard that title, but I was aware that he wrote a rather lengthy religious analysis.  Most of what I know, I learned from a Literature prof in college.  She assigned Ubik for a sci-fi class I had, and discussed PKD for several classes.  Great teacher...she also turned me on to Joseph Conrad a few years later in another lit class.  Anyway, I'll take any info you have.  :)

Channel 37

Offline Red7Paladin

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2008, 08:10:45 PM »
1. You should, it is very appropriate to this thread and the discussion of reality and fantasy and the grey area between.

2.Possibly...Honestly, I'm not sure if I have heard that title, but I was aware that he wrote a rather lengthy religious analysis.  Most of what I know, I learned from a Literature prof in college.  She assigned Ubik for a sci-fi class I had, and discussed PKD for several classes.  Great teacher...she also turned me on to Joseph Conrad a few years later in another lit class.  Anyway, I'll take any info you have.  :)

I think the Tractates were published in VALIS. 

Offline Ford

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2008, 04:52:50 PM »
Okay comic fans, its time for Countdown! No, not Coundown with Keith Oberman, DC's latest crossover series Coundown to Infinite Crisis. I have recently just gotten into the series, and in issue 44  page 11 panel 4 something caught my eye.

Jimmy Olsen runs afoul of a street gang, and this guy has the pyramid with the eye on a chain around his neck. He is also wearing a t-shirt with a 5 pointed star. I first I thought I might be reading too much into this, but in later issues it becomes apparent the writer is one of us.

In the following pic, from countdown 41 page 6 panels one and two, Clark Kent tells Lois Lane global warming is a myth.

In Countdown #34, The Karate Kid, who is a hero from a 1000 years in the future but is now trapped in our time finds out he has a virus. A virus originally introduced to the public by the Department of Defense through vaccines!

Yea, this writer is a patriot alright, but probably a closet patriot who is descreetly trying to get the message out.

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2008, 11:29:48 PM »
Way to go DC!  Now tell Marvel to bring back Captain America ASAP!

Oh snap...

Death and aftermath
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_America#The_New_Captain_America
Captain America's death. Art by Steve Epting.

Following his surrender, Steve Rogers is indicted on multiple criminal charges. As he is brought to a federal courthouse, a sniper shoots him in the back. In the chaos that ensues, he is wounded three more times in the stomach and chest. Rogers is taken to a hospital, where he dies.[60] The assassination, orchestrated by the Red Skull, involves Crossbones as the sniper and Dr. Faustus posing as a S.H.I.E.L.D. psychiatrist, who gives Sharon Carter a hypnotic suggestion to shoot Rogers at a crucial moment.[60]

The superhero community is shaken by the assassination. The Punisher temporarily adopts a costume similar to that of Captain America, while Winter Soldier and Wolverine seek to avenge his death. His shield is stolen by Winter Soldier and the Punisher provides him with Steve Rogers's mask.[61] Captain America is publicly laid to rest in Arlington National Cemetery, under a monument built in his honor. The body in Arlington is a fake: Tony Stark, accompanied by Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne, returns Rogers' body to the Arctic where Rogers had been found years before. Namor attends the small private ceremony and vows that no one will disturb the site.[62]

Stark receives a letter containing Rogers' final requests: Stark should "save" Bucky, and the mantle of Captain America should continue.[63]

Bucky as the new Captain America. Art by Alex Ross.

The New Captain America
Main article: Bucky

After being captured by the Red Skull, Bucky escapes into S.H.I.E.L.D. custody.[64] Tony Stark shows him the letter from Steve Rogers, in which Rogers' wishes regarding the future of the Captain America identity are made clear. Bucky agrees to take up the mantle, on the condition that he be answerable to no higher authority. Stark arranges a battery of medical and psychological tests to assure that Bucky's Winter Soldier programming has left no lasting effects.[65]

Ed Brubaker, writer of the stories introducing Bucky as Captain America, described the character as "...kind of a very conflicted character who's trying to find some redemption, and his closest friend is basically taken away from him before he can really reconcile with him." He stated that he writes about the characters, not just the icon. [66]
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Ford

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2008, 10:29:06 PM »
This one blew me away! It is from Image comics, January 2001.

It looks innocent enough, but check out the middle panel at the bottom of the cover.

You can see the smoke filled towers behind the girl, a full 8 months before September! Here is a closeup.

Now that is just scary!

Offline Red7Paladin

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2008, 04:53:40 AM »
So, do you have a totally massive comic book collection or what, Ford?

Offline Ford

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2008, 07:28:02 AM »
It's pretty big, a lot of my information comes from it. However, most of the covers I post come from this site.
http://www.comics.org/index.lasso

It's been a couple days since I posted any covers, so here are a couple.

Offline 37

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2008, 07:37:41 AM »
That Batman comic has a story called "The Bush Trackers" followed by "The Unseen Clue"...  ;)

Keep 'em coming, Ford...

Channel 37

Offline Biggs

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2008, 05:25:18 PM »
fascinating stuff Ford, wow some of these are real eye openers,

perhaps as you say some sort of precog ability, or their minds picking up on the plans of others via suggestion, reverse speech, ESP or whatever.

mad mad mad and scary too.
STOP THE KILLING NOW
END THE CRIMINAL SIEGE OF GAZA - FREE PALESTINE!!!!!!!

Offline Ford

« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2008, 10:52:25 PM »
I found something strange. This is from Wonder Woman #126 dated October 1997.

As readers of comics know, the comics actually go on sale a couple months before the date on the cover. And this one went on sale three days before the death of Diana, Princess of Wales.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Byrne
An issue of Wonder Woman in which the death of the superheroine, who is an Amazon princess named Diana, is presented on the cover as a newspaper front page with the headline “Princess Diana Dies.” The issue went on sale on a Wednesday, and Britain’s Diana, Princess of Wales was killed in an accident three days later.

Offline Biggs

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2008, 08:46:23 AM »
bloody hell - that is pretty damned hardcore
STOP THE KILLING NOW

Offline own

« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2008, 08:48:33 AM »
The UN putting pro-World government stuff in comic books being given FREE to all children is a key point.

Godfather77

« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2008, 12:01:53 PM »
Wow, really fascinating stuff.  I never gave much thought to how symbolism may exist in printed media especially the comic book genre but the recent Marvel Civil War storyline did make me wonder if a serious message was being put across to the reader. 

Below is a condensed version of the general plot synopsis which encapsulates the main themes and storyline:

During the filming of a reality television show a battle between superheroes and supervillains results in an explostion causing the death of large numbers of people and school children.  This in turn leads to public opinion sharply turning against superhumans resulting in protests and violence.

With the backing of prominent superhero (Iron Man) Congress swiftly passes the Superhuman Registration Act requiring the registration of all persons with superhuman abilities with the U.S. government, and the enlistment and training of those wishing to operate as superheroes. Captain America refuses to join a S.H.I.E.L.D. (a strike force hunting superhumans in violation of the act) and is attacked by S.H.I.E.L.D.'s assassins, even though the Act itself has not been passed.  Escaping he becomes a fugitive and forms an underground resistance movement (The Secret Avengers) but in the meantime many superheroes and villians alike are subsequently detained or forcibly registered.

Spider-Man who originally sided with the government pro-registration act learns about concentration camp-styled prison facilities in the Negative Zone and concludes he has made a huge mistake.  When he attempts to defect he is hunted down and badly beaten but is saved by the Punisher and taken to a safehouse.  On recovering he joins Captain America's forces and makes a public statement in which he pledges to fight the Registration Act. 

The Punisher too seeks to join Captain America's forces, pointing out that Iron Man's decision to employ infamous mass murderers as enforcers of the Act as reasons for him wanting to join. Although crime is at an all time low as a result of the registered heroes, Captain America reluctantly accepts Punisher's offer of help.  The Punisher is later kicked out after he reverts to his vigilante ways and kills two supervillains who wanted to join the resistance movement.

Eventually, the resistance mounts an attack against the pro-registration's holding facility in the Negative Zone, releasing the prisoners.  As the final battle begins and Captain America is about to deliver a final blow to Iron Man he suddenly realizes how much damage the fight has already inflicted upon the very people he wishes to protect.  He therefore decides to surrender and orders his team to stand down.

In the aftermath of the Superhero Civil War the President of the United States grants general amnesty to all opponents of the Superhuman Registration Act who turn themselves in or register. However, Captain America, the main opponent to the Act, is arrested and subsequently assassinated. Other heroes choose to leave the country rather than submit whist those brave enough to remain do so by hiding underground.  Later an assassin hired by Kingpin tries to kill Spider-Man but narrowly misses.  To be continued...  ;)

Links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_War_(comic_book)
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Civil_War

Offline Ford

« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2008, 11:49:51 PM »
Wow! That is a great find Godfather.
I remember a "What If" comic from the eighties featuring Cap. In it an imposter took his place and backed a senators "national ID act", which was used to keep minorities from work. I might try to dig it up later.

Offline chinajim

• The art of war is misdirection
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2008, 05:45:27 PM »
I think if you guys keep looking you will find conspiracies every were you look. A lot of the comic book artist before 9/11 as well as the writers drew or wrote stories that would grab peoples attention. Referencing the karate kid letter I remember reading the series they refer to in the comic it was called OMAC the one man army corp and he was fighting a organisation that was trying to take over the world Brother eye started off as a computerised tracking sat. which I believe gained AI and realised those that created it was going to use its knowledge for evil. So it picked out the guy it wanted and changed him call it Jack Kirby's version of the super soldier DC own Capt America I didn't read the entire series since I believe I was protecting the oceans as a navy man
China Jim
History is the search for facts not truths, if you want truths the philosophies class is down the hall.

Offline Sub-Zer0

« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2008, 02:37:46 PM »
This needs to be pinned.

Offline Ford

« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2008, 06:07:42 PM »
As promised, the greatest Captain America story ever told. As most of you probably know, Cap was a hero in the forties who was frozen in ice to be thawed in the sixties. In the comic  What If #44 April 1983, Cap gets thawed out much later, 1983. However, before he is revived, an imposter takes his place. In this strip, the imposter talks about how protesting is aiding the communists.

Later in the comic, the imposter uses his celebrety to get a certain senator elected. The senator then introduces the "American ID Act" which passes thanks to imposter Caps.

The Id act is used to keep certain groups from gaining employment. Starvation and rioting ensue. The imposter Cap is shot(pressumably in a False Flag operation) and delivers inspiring messages from his hospital bed. Notice how he uses a kid to help spread his propoganda.

In the civil war that follows, various secret society groups decide a second constitutional convention is nessacary, in order to strip the few remaining freedoms Americans have.

Fortunatly by this time, the real Cap has returned, and he takes down evil Cap.

THe real Cap then tells the assembled crowd that without it's commitment to the freedom of all men, America is a peice of trash.

Offline Azariah

• the infowar continues...
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2008, 12:16:54 AM »
she better pack a lunch, cuz it's gonna take some time
-Sheen (9/11/09)

Offline chinajim

• The art of war is misdirection
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2008, 08:22:27 AM »
Now thats the Capt. America I grew up with and I plan to use that quote in my next american history class. I have a great respect for Alex and you guys in the group but lets get honest now we have not had a real inspireing leader or speaker since I would say either JFK or Ronnie. I think washington should hire writers like those guys that wrote Capt back in the 60s or make the leaders of the different branches write the speeches for themselves. we can show all this but how many of us can get out their and talk the talk. I take a chance every blessed day when I teach history that I will say something about patritism or about what is happening in the government that will cause me to get sacked and I will be out of a job. But I like Capt stand and fight the good fight if I can get one kid to think and I dont mean tell them about all the conspiracies and the like but ask them questions to get them to think, then I have done my job.

China Jim
History is the search for facts not truths, if you want truths the philosophies class is down the hall.

Offline Biggs

« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2008, 03:26:59 PM »
more great stuff Ford, good 'ole Capt America  :D
STOP THE KILLING NOW

Offline Kregener

Going to church does not make you a Christian any more than going to a hospital makes you a doctor.

Stop thinking in terms of left and right and start thinking in terms of right and wrong

Offline 37

« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2008, 03:45:43 PM »
Very nice, Kregener...I didn't realize the Marvel Universe had a pink team.

That Leather Boy synopsis is hysterical...

Leather Boy, a miscreant who misread Mister Immortal's personal ad seeking men and women of action, joined the Great Lakes Avengers for an extremely brief period of time. As Mister Immortal said, "The less said about it, the better." Unfortunately, he later returned clad in the leather variation of Doctor Doom's armor, wanting revenge for being left out of the second recruiting drive, and murdered Monkey Joe. Big Bertha, however, caught and defeated Leather Boy by sitting on him.

Channel 37

Offline Ford

« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2008, 11:36:20 AM »
I found Leather boy to be a bit disturbing. :D

This is from Detective Comics #551 June 1985.

Offline White Rose Sophie

« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2008, 12:36:52 AM »
Very nice, Kregener...I didn't realize the Marvel Universe had a pink team.

That Leather Boy synopsis is hysterical...

Leather Boy, a miscreant who misread Mister Immortal's personal ad seeking men and women of action, joined the Great Lakes Avengers for an extremely brief period of time. As Mister Immortal said, "The less said about it, the better." Unfortunately, he later returned clad in the leather variation of Doctor Doom's armor, wanting revenge for being left out of the second recruiting drive, and murdered Monkey Joe. Big Bertha, however, caught and defeated Leather Boy by sitting on him.

ROFL!   :D :D :D

Offline Ford

« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2008, 04:27:46 PM »

Where can I get an illuminati badge?

Offline Biggs

« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2008, 05:55:35 PM »
more great stuff Ford, thank you
STOP THE KILLING NOW

Offline Phineas

• glitch in the matrix
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2008, 06:17:05 PM »
great thread ...that capn america was worth seeing

Offline Ford

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2008, 04:55:14 PM »
What, Me worry?

Offline Ford

« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2008, 08:31:42 PM »
I found some more wild stuff, thanks to Christopher Loring Knowles, author of "The Gods Wear Spandex"
From Destropyer Duck #5, published by Eclipse Comics in 1983.