Glutathione is the master super antioxidant of the body

Author Topic: Glutathione is the master super antioxidant of the body  (Read 23431 times)

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« on: March 11, 2012, 11:32:03 AM »

(NaturalNews) The human body is under oxidative stress from a variety of sources at all times. To combat this stress and damage the body utilizes anti-oxidants of all different varieties. Glutathione (GSH) is a very special peptide molecule that provides the greatest anti-oxidant protection and recharges other anti-oxidants within the body.

Every cell in the body produces glutathione. Many longevity scientists believe that the level of glutathione in our cells is predicative of how long we will live. This is logical considering the wealth of essential bodily processes that glutathione plays a critical role in.

Glutathione has been coined with the term "master anti-oxidant" due to its essential role in maintaining exogenous anti-oxidants such as vitamin C & E in their active form. Glutathione is like the cell's security guard protecting the genetic equipment from outside attack. It is estimated that each cell in the body withstands 10,000 hits by free radicals each day. Glutathione disarms these free radicals before they wreak havoc and cleans up the oxidative stress related damage that has occurred.

Glutathione plays a significant role in immune function. Studies have shown that glutathione strengthens T cells, which are critical for modulating the immune system appropriately. These are the cells that coordinate the attack against pathogenic bacteria, viruses, etc. while keeping tissue damage and auto-immune responses in check. An overactive immune system can trigger allergies and auto-immune disease processes.

Glutathione fights against cellular toxins and works to eliminate carcinogens from the intracellular environment while healing damaged cells. Glutathione is constantly in action protecting the body against disease, toxins, viruses, pollutants, radiation, drugs and oxidative stress. When damage does occur, it immediately goes to work repairing the free radical damage.

If sufficient glutathione is not available, the toxins will overload the liver and lead to fat soluble toxins being stored in fatty tissues. The central nervous system, breasts, & prostate are the most susceptible areas.
Many researchers credit the increase in neurological disease and cancer to depleted cellular glutathione. The brain produces more free radicals than any other tissue and is therefore in need of more glutathione than any other region.

Levels of glutathione begin to decline with aging as the majority of individuals in our society become more toxic and deficient. Additionally, our society has more environmental toxicity than ever before, so there is a significant need for more glutathione production. Unfortunately, our modern world diets are void of the necessary precursors for this critical agent.

Scientists estimate that the average person by age 20 loses glutathione at 8-12% per decade. Increased health challenges from infection, poor diet, increased toxic load, medication usage, etc. can deplete these stores at a much faster rate. Scientists estimate that a 30% reduction of glutathione is enough for cellular dysfunction to occur.

Studies have shown that adequate vitamin D is necessary for optimal glutathione production. The vast majority of our society is extremely deficient in vitamin D. Optimal vitamin D levels should be between 60-100 ng/ml.

Glutathione precursors such as glycine, glutamic acid and cysteine should naturally be consumed through our diet. The best vegetable sources include avocados, onions, garlic, turmeric, spinach and cruciferous veggies. Unfortunately, vegetable sources are still very low in these critical amino acids.

Good food sources are through high quality, non-denatured animal products. These include bioactive non-denatured grass-fed whey protein, cultured, raw grass-fed dairy products and raw, organic eggs. These cultured, raw grass-fed dairy products are an incredibly good source of highly bioavailable amino acids and offer more cysteine than any other food source.

http://www.optimumimmunehealth.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutathione
http://www.pointofreturn.com/glutathione.html

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/033569_glutathione_antioxidants.html#ixzz1op0hBYfl

Also this is a good video for anyone you know that had a stroke:
http://functionalcranialrelease.co/videos/glutathione-for-stroke-victims/

"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline donnay

Re: Glutathione is the master super antioxidant of the body
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 11:35:27 AM »
About Glutathione
http://glutasource.com/what-is-glutathione/

What is Glutathione?

Glutathione is a very straightforward molecule that is produced naturally all the time in your body. It is a combination of three simple building blocks of protein or amino acids — cysteine, glycine and glutamine.

The secret of its power is the sulfur (SH) chemical groups it contains. Sulfur is a sticky, smelly molecule. It acts like fly paper and all the bad things in the body stick onto it, including free radicals and toxins like mercury and other heavy metals.

Normally glutathione is recycled in the body — except when the toxic load becomes too great. And that explains why we are in such trouble …

In my practice, I test the genes involved in glutathione metabolism. These are the genes involved in producing enzymes that allow the body to create and recycle glutathione in the body. These genes have many names, such as GSTM1, GSTP1 and more.

These genes impaired in some people for a variety of important reasons. We humans evolved in a time before the 80,000 toxic industrial chemicals found in our environment today were introduced into our world, before electromagnetic radiation was everywhere and before we polluted our skies, lakes, rivers, oceans and teeth with mercury and lead.

That is why most people survived with the basic version of the genetic detoxification software encoded in our DNA, which is mediocre at ridding the body of toxins. At the time humans evolved we just didn’t need more. Who knew we would be poisoning ourselves and eating a processed, nutrient-depleted diet thousands of years later?

Because most of us didn’t require additional detoxification software, almost of half of the population now has a limited capacity to get rid of toxins. These people are missing GSTM1 function — one of the most important genes needed in the process of creating and recycling glutathione in the body.

Nearly all my very sick patients are missing this function. The one-third of our population that suffers from chronic disease is missing this essential gene. That includes me. Twenty years ago I became mercury poisoned and suffered from chronic fatigue syndrome due to this very problem. My GSTM1 function was inadequate and I didn’t produce enough glutathione as a result. Eventually, my body broke down and I became extremely ill …

This is the same problem I see in so many of my patients. They are missing this critical gene and they descend into disease as a result. Let me explain how this happens …

The Importance of Glutathione in Protecting Against Chronic Illness

Glutathione is critical for one simple reason: It recycles antioxidants. You see, dealing with free radicals is like handing off a hot potato. They get passed around from vitamin C to vitamin E to lipoic acid and then finally to glutathione which cools off the free radicals and recycles other antioxidants. After this happens, the body can “reduce” or regenerate another protective glutathione molecule and we are back in business.

However, problems occur when we are overwhelmed with too much oxidative stress or too many toxins. Then the glutathione becomes depleted and we can no longer protect ourselves against free radicals, infections, or cancer and we can’t get rid of toxins. This leads to further sickness and soon we are in the downward spiral of chronic illness.

But that’s not all. Glutathione is also critical in helping your immune system do its job of fighting infections and preventing cancer. That’s why studies show that it can help in the treatment of AIDS.(i)

Glutathione is also the most critical and integral part of your detoxification system. All the toxins stick onto glutathione, which then carries them into the bile and the stool — and out of your body.

And lastly, it also helps us reach peak mental and physical function. Research has shown that raised glutathione levels decrease muscle damage, reduce recovery time, increase strength and endurance and shift metabolism from fat production to muscle development.

If you are sick or old or are just not in peak shape, you likely have glutathione deficiency.

In fact, the top British medical journal, the Lancet, found the highest glutathione levels in healthy young people, lower levels in healthy elderly, lower still in sick elderly and the lowest of all in the hospitalized elderly. (ii)

Keeping yourself healthy, boosting your performance, preventing disease and aging well depends on keeping your glutathione levels high. I’ll say it again … Glutathione is so important because it is responsible for keeping so many of the keys to UltraWellness optimized.

It is critical for immune function and controlling inflammation. It is the master detoxifier and the body’s main antioxidant, protecting our cells and making our energy metabolism run well.

And the good news is that you can do many things to increase this natural and critical molecule in your body. You can eat glutathione-boosting foods. You can exercise. And you can take glutathione-boosting supplements. Let’s review more specifics about each.

Glutathione can treat various diseases:
• Acetaminophen Toxicity
• ALS
• Alzheimer’s
• ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder)
• Cancer
• Chronic Fatigue    • COPD
• Cystic Fibrosis
• Diabetes
• Heavy Metal Toxicity
• HIV    • Huntington’s Disease
• Lyme Disease
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Parkinsons Disease
• Stroke
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 11:44:35 AM »
A great Detox Cocktail I use and is recommended by Dr Sherry Rogers: (Contains Glutathione, Lipoic Acid, Vit C and more. The lemon flavor is great.)
http://www.needs.com/product/Happy_Bodies_Daily_Detox_Drink_Lemon_Flavor_30/b_Happy_Bodies

I mix it with PC (Phosphatidyl Choline) in water daily and drink.
http://www.needs.com/product/Happy_Bodies_HB_PC_Phosphatidyl_Choline_GMO_Free_300/b_Happy_Bodies

If you haven't read Dr Rogers books, gotten her newsletter or heard her interviews, you are missing out on some excellent health information. The medical world is screwed up and never looks for cures, only how to drug you more and more and cause more health problems down the road. We are forced to take our own health seriously and get educated as to how we can do this, and stop relying on drugs for every ailment. Drugs mask the problem, they don't cure it. They just force you to be sicker down the road.

http://www.prestigepublishing.com  (For Dr Rogers books and newsletter)

If you want a CD of 5 years of her interviews on The Power Hour, go to their website and give them a call and order one: (She is teaching people about molecular biology which is about how the body can heal itself, if you treat it right. She is a big believer in Glutathione, PC, minerals and you taking control of your own health. She is helping educate you so you can do that. She can lead a horse to water, but you have to make it drink!)
http://www.thepowermall.com/

1-877-817-9829

Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

The Great Deception - Forum/Library - My Research
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showforum=110

Offline donnay

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 12:01:56 PM »
Thanks, Jo!

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 12:37:14 PM »
Thanks, Jo!

;)

I'm a newbie to this, but have learned a lot! Encouraging others to do the same!

Drs need to start listening to their patients FIRST, rather than the drug companies and start CURING us, not MASKING our ailments with drugs! That said, we must get educated so that we know when our drs are wrong!

I recently told a dr that he was giving my friend drugs she didn't need that would cause her other problems, and she stopped taking them and is doing better than before! (Caution: Some drugs you need to be weaned off.)

Firsthand experience has made me a believer there is a better way, BUT WE MUST INSIST OUR DRS CHANGE THEIR WAYS! IT IS OUR BODY, NOT THEIRS! WE NEED TO TAKE OWNERSHIP IN THIS AREA JUST LIKE IN THE AREA OF LIBERTY!

Offline All4truth

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 01:24:16 PM »
I've been reading a lot about iodine lately, and many people are deficient in this also.  Floride and Bromine in our bodies stop the iodine from working, as a result many people are iodine deficient. 

I'm looking into all this, because my son 13 years old has been diagnosed with Alopecia Areata, an autoimmune disease, that attacks his hair.  Has a result he is getting bald.  There doesn't seem to be any cures for this, so I am looking to increase his immune system any way possible. 

thank you the info, I'm going to look into this also. :)

Offline sentinelscout

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 01:56:34 AM »
^Iodine is good, i recently also started taking a little chromium I think it helped me drop about 1 ~ 2% body fat (im around 12% I think).

As far as nutrition goes, i think everyone should do the following.

Tons of Vitamin C
Tons of Zinc if your a guy
Tons of Magnesium
Tons of Vitamin D
Tons of B12
Tons of protein (eat as much damned protein you can , eggs lots of eggs and chicken and other lean meats)
Get rid of all freaking bread because I consider it a toxin (its just way too hypoglycemic for the average persons diet in america)
Get rid of soda (all sodas again too hypoglycemic)
Eat tons of fruits and veggies (fiber is important as hell)
Very little chromium supplementation, just because its not readily available in strong enough quantities from food anymore.
(too much chromium can be bad).
Tea is good helps you relax.

If you do these things, you will find that you no longer crave any of the bad foods like soda and bread that much...

Theres a lot of needed research for nutrition that just isn't out there and easy to find... I think nutrition is the most important think for everyone! theres no reason to be deficient in vitamins and minerals! and being deficient is probably responsible for most sicknesses and diseases today because you are depriving your body of the resources and tools it needs to defend and repair itself.

;)

Nutrition + Sleep + being active / exercise = makes you G-Mode.

People eat crap food because they are deprived of vitamins/minerals... and when your body is starved of something that it needs (key building blocks like protein) it just signals to you that your hungry ... and you just keep eating because your freaking body is trying to get you to eat right but people are lazy and we just eat whatevers around/easy to find (usually means picking up the phone and ordering pizza ^^)

PS: Water is god mode, a gallon a day of the cleanest water you can get....

I have been on filtered water for about a year and 4 months, and my joints no longer snap and pop and squeel (I kinda used to have squeaky knees because of a lot of BMX injuries to the knees/joints), but with diet and exorcise,  I completely healed up and now my knees are really strong.

Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies.

Offline donnay

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 09:08:28 AM »
^Iodine is good, i recently also started taking a little chromium I think it helped me drop about 1 ~ 2% body fat (im around 12% I think).

As far as nutrition goes, i think everyone should do the following.

Tons of Vitamin C
Tons of Zinc if your a guy
Tons of Magnesium
Tons of Vitamin D
Tons of B12
Tons of protein (eat as much damned protein you can , eggs lots of eggs and chicken and other lean meats)
Get rid of all freaking bread because I consider it a toxin (its just way too hypoglycemic for the average persons diet in america)
Get rid of soda (all sodas again too hypoglycemic)
Eat tons of fruits and veggies (fiber is important as hell)
Very little chromium supplementation, just because its not readily available in strong enough quantities from food anymore.
(too much chromium can be bad).
Tea is good helps you relax.

If you do these things, you will find that you no longer crave any of the bad foods like soda and bread that much...

Theres a lot of needed research for nutrition that just isn't out there and easy to find... I think nutrition is the most important think for everyone! theres no reason to be deficient in vitamins and minerals! and being deficient is probably responsible for most sicknesses and diseases today because you are depriving your body of the resources and tools it needs to defend and repair itself.

;)

Nutrition + Sleep + being active / exercise = makes you G-Mode.

People eat crap food because they are deprived of vitamins/minerals... and when your body is starved of something that it needs (key building blocks like protein) it just signals to you that your hungry ... and you just keep eating because your freaking body is trying to get you to eat right but people are lazy and we just eat whatevers around/easy to find (usually means picking up the phone and ordering pizza ^^)

PS: Water is god mode, a gallon a day of the cleanest water you can get....

I have been on filtered water for about a year and 4 months, and my joints no longer snap and pop and squeel (I kinda used to have squeaky knees because of a lot of BMX injuries to the knees/joints), but with diet and exorcise,  I completely healed up and now my knees are really strong.

Great post!  I, too, had an knee injury about 7 years ago, and by getting the proper nutrients and minerals I healed nicely and quickly.  It was quiet funny, the orthopedic surgery told me that I would have to have knee surgery before it was all said and done--I showed him!  He said well I was lucky!  ::)

Knowledge is power!!  That isn't luck!

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 09:20:45 AM »
I've been reading a lot about iodine lately, and many people are deficient in this also.  Floride and Bromine in our bodies stop the iodine from working, as a result many people are iodine deficient.  

I'm looking into all this, because my son 13 years old has been diagnosed with Alopecia Areata, an autoimmune disease, that attacks his hair.  Has a result he is getting bald.  There doesn't seem to be any cures for this, so I am looking to increase his immune system any way possible.  

thank you the info, I'm going to look into this also. :)

Iodoral is one that is recommended! Check it out! Here's two places you can find it!
http://www.ecartsoft.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?acc=5981
http://www.needs.com/prod_detail_list/s?keyword=Iodoral

Offline All4truth

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 10:45:06 AM »
Iodoral is one that is recommended! Check it out! Here's two places you can find it!
http://www.ecartsoft.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?acc=5981
http://www.needs.com/prod_detail_list/s?keyword=Iodoral

Thank you, the first link only bring me the an empty shopping cart. LOL

I will look into this too.  I bought some Kelp tablets, and giving him those, every second day, as I think they are a bit strong.  We've just started so hopefully this will help.  His hair is falling away so rapidly.  We have an appointement with a dermatologist on Monday, they have also taken some blood and we will have the results when we see them Monday.  I'm praying that it's nothing major, but going bald at 13 is pretty major for him. :(

Offline donnay

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 05:37:39 PM »

I will look into this too.  I bought some Kelp tablets, and giving him those, every second day, as I think they are a bit strong.  We've just started so hopefully this will help.  His hair is falling away so rapidly.  We have an appointement with a dermatologist on Monday, they have also taken some blood and we will have the results when we see them Monday.  I'm praying that it's nothing major, but going bald at 13 is pretty major for him. :(

For fear of sounding like a broken record, I have been doing extensive research on Magnesium deficiencies, and people who are losing hair or have thinning hair spray some magnesium oil directly on the scalp and it helps.

http://terrymitchell.wrytestuff.com/swa462012.htm

Here is something I also found:
Hair loss - thyroid, iron (Fe), biotin, zinc and essential fatty acid deficiencies (must measure serum ferritin to check iron stores).
http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Nutritional_Deficiency_-_clinical_features_of

http://www.ithyroid.com/

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 05:51:32 PM »

I will look into this too.  I bought some Kelp tablets, and giving him those, every second day, as I think they are a bit strong.  We've just started so hopefully this will help.  His hair is falling away so rapidly.  We have an appointement with a dermatologist on Monday, they have also taken some blood and we will have the results when we see them Monday.  I'm praying that it's nothing major, but going bald at 13 is pretty major for him. :(

Sorry about the link! Ha! Go here and do a search on Iodoral!
http://www.thepowermall.com/

I should clarify my statement! Iodoral is recommended, if one has an iodine deficiency and is told to take iodine! Blood test should hopefully reveal if he is low!

Hard to say why he is losing his hair. Donnay has interesting comments!

Offline sentinelscout

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 05:02:53 AM »
Great post!  I, too, had an knee injury about 7 years ago, and by getting the proper nutrients and minerals I healed nicely and quickly.  It was quiet funny, the orthopedic surgery told me that I would have to have knee surgery before it was all said and done--I showed him!  He said well I was lucky!  ::)

Knowledge is power!!  That isn't luck!

Yea, for healing up injuries etc... you just have to clean out your body and give it the tools it needs to heal.... its really as simple as that! our bodies are not stupid they know when a muscle is torn or a joint needs repair... but its just like a house.

If a wall gets damaged you can't repair it without Sheetrock, or if a pipe bursts you CAN fix it with duct tape but its gona have a slow leak... our body can "patch" things up, but if you give it the right stuff (sheetrock and pipe) it can re-new it.

That being said, bread is just sugar (energy/carbs) it lacks any of the real basic building blocks.

Bruce Lee used to break bones daily.... he would never eat anything out of the oven and infact HATED baked foods.... because they served no real purpose and drain you of energy.

Large quantities of baked foods (bread / cookies / cake ) etc... cause huge insulin spikes (which make you sleepy , drain you of energy , and when you eat and pass out it all gets stored as fat, further causing insulin to be inefective eventually leading to diabetes / insulin dependence).

I think there might of been a time where bread had some nutritional value, but right now in modern times I think its mostly just sugar and filler.

I would like to see more oatmeal based products.

I have tried incorporating bread back into my diet (the occasional sandwich etc..) but every-time I eat it... I don't feel good and I become lethargic.
Bread rolls (like italian bread for hero sandwhiches) seem to be the worst.
Pizza I can handle for some reason, (doesn't seem to cause large insulin spikes as long as I keep it under 4 slices).
Cupcakes aren't that bad (I eat one occasionally)
cookies, I kinda stay away but I don't crave them... I have a box of oreos/chocolate chip cookies upstairs that might of actually expired because i have them open on the shelf.... probably stale as crap right now... pass them every3 ~ 4 hours and dont even notice them.

Its not about "EATING" right.
Its about giving your body what it needs... vitamins, minerals, energy, building blocks / protein / oils / etc...

I mean, I throw weight loss in there because I think most people could use the pointers... you make simple little tweaks to your diet + vitamins + minerals and BOOM you could drop 20 lb without even trying/noticing.

Weight loss has huge health advantages (lower stress on joins, better insulin levels, better tolerances to insulin) better back/relieves the back because you dont carry around all the extra baggage... better sleep, better circulation, better sex life... better everything.... (if your a guy and your  60 lb over-weight, chances are you can't even keep an erection) lol , ill be the first to come out and say I grew about an inch and a half after dropping 35 lb.

If you want to workout, number one workout should be deadlift... (i usually try and deadlift about my body weight) but really 100 lb is good for the average person.... 4 Sets of 12~15.
Its really the only excercise you need (1 ~ 2 times a weak).... but I workout chest, back, arms, and core every other day with cardio ~ 1 ~2 times every 2 weeks (I hate cardio but there are days I get sick of lifting so I do cardio instead to break up the routine).

Stay away from fad diets, the only diet plan you need is lower bread and soda consumption and NEVER eat bread and drink soda at the same time because its almost impossible to avoid huge insulin spikes.... you dont want insulin spiking too high EVER its just bad for your over-all health IMO.

Eat good amounts of Fiber to keep everything flowing.

I love magnesium *I might take too much imo* but you never hurt while taking magnesium due to do the natural muscle relaxant that it is.
Zinc helps me sleep because I have nervs, (Im twitchy sometimes when I sleep and cant get comfortable...) zinc really just helps calm your nerves down and I find that it helps with headaches for some reason.
Chromium helps keep the insulin levels normal , but it has damaging effects to muscle ... so Im still on the wall with this... as Im trying to build muscle atm and having a hard time packing on mass without gaining a gut.
(its really hard to gain muscle without eating excessive calories), you endup cutting muscle and toning it more than you do "gaining".

Antioxidants are great also because it helps remove all the junk.

And finally if you want to "cheat" a little creatine will boost muscle strength by a good margin... (but too much can junk up the kidneys) so always in moderation. (creatine is natural in the sense our bodies make it, it helps move water into the muscles which makes it easier to complete a workout... (kinda gives your muscle leverage) in a way.... so you can do extra repetitions in a set and push to failure easier.

By no means am I a workout junky either, I just do what comes natural in the sense I developed healthy eating habits/workout routines that are very casual, I USUALLY workout 2 times a week depending if im working a lot that week or not, like right now im renovating a house so i really haven't touched a weight in 6 days cause im dead tired all the time ^^.... its just about doing what you can and not giving up.

Offline sentinelscout

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 05:22:44 AM »
These are the vitamins I just ordered a few days ago.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015R3AAO/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details

freaking cheap, has pretty much everything, I have tried the tangy tangerine stuff its just too expensive. . . I can't afford 50$ for a freaking multi-vitamin lol, I mean its good... but 50$ for vitamins ... ? I get the same thing for like 20$... and what drove me nuts about the tangy is that you had to use a blender or half of it would just get stuck to the glass... like complete waste of product without a blender.... and even with blender it was too dense and would settle. . .you had to chug the stuff.

(im not bashing tangy) just it wasn't within my price point.

Offline Kaz

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 02:30:35 PM »
Good thread peopleshould be a sticky  :)

Offline donnay

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 01:15:15 AM »

That being said, bread is just sugar (energy/carbs) it lacks any of the real basic building blocks.

Bruce Lee used to break bones daily.... he would never eat anything out of the oven and infact HATED baked foods.... because they served no real purpose and drain you of energy.

Large quantities of baked foods (bread / cookies / cake ) etc... cause huge insulin spikes (which make you sleepy , drain you of energy , and when you eat and pass out it all gets stored as fat, further causing insulin to be inefective eventually leading to diabetes / insulin dependence).

I think there might of been a time where bread had some nutritional value, but right now in modern times I think its mostly just sugar and filler.

I would like to see more oatmeal based products.

I have tried incorporating bread back into my diet (the occasional sandwich etc..) but every-time I eat it... I don't feel good and I become lethargic.
Bread rolls (like italian bread for hero sandwhiches) seem to be the worst.
Pizza I can handle for some reason, (doesn't seem to cause large insulin spikes as long as I keep it under 4 slices).
Cupcakes aren't that bad (I eat one occasionally)
cookies, I kinda stay away but I don't crave them... I have a box of oreos/chocolate chip cookies upstairs that might of actually expired because i have them open on the shelf.... probably stale as crap right now... pass them every3 ~ 4 hours and dont even notice them.

I will tell you why bread is bad for you, it is lacking Iodine like the days of old.  Years ago bread had iodine in it.  Now take a look at the ingredients on the bread bag.  It is usually a paragraph long and has lots of things that converts into toxins in our bodies.

I make my own bread. There is 7 ingredients -- Flour, water, yeast, iodine (lugols), salt, coconut oil, baking powder (non aluminum).

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 03:22:11 PM »
I make my own bread. There is 7 ingredients -- Flour, water, yeast, iodine (lugols), salt, coconut oil, baking powder (non aluminum).

Would you share your recipe? Thx!

:)

Offline donnay

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 09:02:54 PM »
Would you share your recipe? Thx!

:)

Absolutely!  Oop's I lied there is 8 ingredients--I forgot to add sugar.

1 cup of warm ( purified ) water
1 tablespoon 1/2 of active yeast
1 tablespoon organic sugar
6 cups of Non-bromated, non-bleached flour
1 1/2 teaspoon Celtic, Himalayan or sea salt
6 tablespoons of coconut oil ( organic cold pressed unrefined )
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 cup of water ( purified ) add 6 drops of Lugols iodine.

Start with allowing your yeast to activate into your cup of water and sugar--set it aside until it foams a head.

In a mixing bowl ( I have a Kitchen aid ) add your flour, salt, coconut oil, and baking powder.  I add my dough hook to my kitchen aid, but if you have a bread maker you can make dough in there too.  

Once the yeast is ready, pour it into the flour mixture and turn on your mixer.  Allow it to mix thoroughly, it will be dry and crumbly.  Then add the other cup of water with the iodine in, slowly, and mix until it becomes smooth.

Take a loaf pan and grease it with some coconut oil, take one half of the dough you made and place it in the pan.  The other half of the dough you can make another loaf or make a braided Italian bread or dinner rolls--etc.

Allow it to rise for 45 minutes to an hour.

Optional:  You can brush egg whites or butter before cooking.  Add sesame, chia or poppy seeds if you like too.

Oven temp. 375  For about 30 minutes.  When the bread is done, if you knock on it, it should sound hollow.  Allow it to cool in the pan before slicing it.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 04:54:36 PM »
Thanks, Donnay! Will try it!

;)

Offline donnay

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 07:49:16 PM »
Thanks, Donnay! Will try it!

;)

Let me know what you think? 

Just something I want to bring up--when I made this recipe minus the iodine, if my bread sat in room temperature for 3 or more days the bread became moldy.  Since I added iodine, I have some bread on my counter for a week and no apparent mold.  *shrugs*

Offline davidbenz017

• Tongkat Ali
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2012, 01:52:36 AM »
Thanks, Donnay! I Will also try it!

Offline donnay

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2012, 10:19:24 PM »
You're welcome!

Offline davidbenz017

• Tongkat Ali
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 03:38:46 AM »
Say thanks a ton, the initial hyperlink exclusively bring my self the a specific fresh buying cart.
I will look straight into this too.  I purchased some Kelp drugs, and as giving him those, every second day, because I think they might be an amount effective.  We've simply established and also and as a result we hope this can help.  That hair is plummeting away for this result in quickly.  You have got some sort of appointement having a dermatologist in Monday, the couple have additionally taken some blood later will experience the growth when you see them Monday.  I am praying that it's nothing significant, however going bald at just just simply thirteen is very significant for him.

Offline donnay

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 08:41:21 PM »
Say thanks a ton, the initial hyperlink exclusively bring my self the a specific fresh buying cart.
I will look straight into this too.  I purchased some Kelp drugs, and as giving him those, every second day, because I think they might be an amount effective.  We've simply established and also and as a result we hope this can help.  That hair is plummeting away for this result in quickly.  You have got some sort of appointement having a dermatologist in Monday, the couple have additionally taken some blood later will experience the growth when you see them Monday.  I am praying that it's nothing significant, however going bald at just just simply thirteen is very significant for him.

Dr. Wallach says premature balding is a tin deficiency. 

Source:
http://www.thewallachfiles.com/wallach.htm#12