Obama Wants UN Permission for Syria Action – Not Congress - impeach?

Author Topic: Obama Wants UN Permission for Syria Action – Not Congress - impeach?  (Read 10550 times)

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/03/07/obama-un-congress-syria-permission/
Obama Would Want UN Permission for Syria Action – But Not Congress’s
Alana Goodman | @alanagoodman 03.07.2012 - 4:35 PM
the Obama administration says it would need to seek UN or NATO approval before intervening in Syria, but not the consent of Congress

Sen. Jeff Sessions pressed Defense Secretary Leon Panetta on the issue during the Senate Armed Services Committee hearing today:

SESSIONS: “Do you think you can act without Congress and initiate a no-fly zone in Syria without congressional approval?”

PANETTA: “Our goal would be to seek international permissionWhether or not we would want to get permission from the Congress—I think those are issues we would have to discuss as we decide what to do here.”

SESSIONS: “Well I am almost breathless about that because what I heard you say is, ‘we’re going to seek international approval and we’ll come and tell the Congress what we might do, and we might seek congressional approval’… Wouldn’t you agree that would be pretty breathtaking to the average American?”

Notice exactly what Panetta says at 4:00 and Sessions responce at 6:30 - then Panetta responce that international actions are supra-constitutional. and do not require congress to act. (possibly not even the "POTUS" president?) since they do not deem the action as part of protecting the country therefore it is outside the constitution - absolutley flabergasting .:
UPDATE: Video of the exchange between Panetta and Sessions added below
http://www.youtube.com/embed/5zNwOeyuG84

http://www.impeachobamacampaign.com/obama-admin-ditches-congress-cites-intl-permission-as-legal-basis-for-action-in-syria/
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline spinner

I just threw up in my mouth

Offline larsonstdoc

WITHOUT QUESTION---IMPEACH
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline larsonstdoc

You Arizonians should of gotten rid  (by way of election)of Insane McCain.  Of course there is LIEberman, Lindsey Graham, et al.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
WITHOUT QUESTION---IMPEACH

Cowardly Congressmen: "But...but...if we do that the corporate 'news' media might start calling us names!" ::)
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline Valerius

May I suggest a new tactic?

Dear Congressman,

if you continue to allow the erosion of all legal and political signficiance to the legislative branch you almost certainly will begin to loose lobbyist funding as there will no longer be any point to special interests buying you off. It is therefore in your own interests to start standing up for the office you were selected for.
"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass

Offline spinner

Who is the guy behind him and what the F' is he on. Between 5 seconds on I couldn't hear nuttin I just kept staring at this joker. Does he have a fly up his nose or did he just snort a line?

Offline Scarbo

Dear Congress:

Perhaps you would also like to hang at the end of a rope for treason? If not.....

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
What is interesting also is that Sessions is a war hawk and would love to vote for some military action to make some political points at home. And he is obviously fishing for Panetta to say something like "yes - we will ask for approval from congress before action in Syria" but Panetta basically says nope we don't need that and I won't say that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Sessions

In 2005, Sessions spoke at a rally in Washington, D.C. in favor of the War in Iraq that was held in opposition to an anti-war protest held the day before. Sessions said of the anti-war protesters: "The group who spoke here the other day did not represent the American ideals of freedom, liberty and spreading that around the world. I frankly don't know what they represent, other than to blame America first."[18]

On October 5, 2005, he was one of nine Senators who voted against a Senate amendment to a House bill that prohibited cruel, inhumane, or degrading treatment or punishment of individuals in the custody or under the physical control of the United States Government
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
Ruth Bader Ginsburg To Egypt: Don't Use US Constitution As A Model

Ginsberg BACK ON TRACK...
Don't supremes take the oath to protect the constitution? Can't they all be impeached?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/02/03/ruth_bader_ginsburg_to_egypt_dont_use_us_constitution_as_a_model.html
Ruth Bader Ginsburg To Egypt: Don't Use US Constitution As A Model

"You should certainly be aided by all the constitution-writing that has gone one since the end of World War II. I would not look to the US constitution, if I were drafting a constitution in the year 2012. I might look at the constitution of South Africa. That was a deliberate attempt to have a fundamental instrument of government that embraced basic human rights, had an independent judiciary... It really is, I think, a great piece of work that was done. Much more recent than the US constitution - Canada has a Charter of Rights and Freedoms. It dates from 1982. You would almost certainly look at the European Convention on Human Rights. Yes, why not take advantage of what there is elsewhere in the world?," Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said in an interview with Al Hayat TV in Egypt

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
Re: Obama Wants UN Permission for Syria Action – Not Congress - impeach?
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 02:38:15 PM »
'Impeach Obama' Bill: Use of military without Congress approval 'high crime'

Published: 12 March, 2012, 13:17

An American military attack on Syria could effectively lead to the impeachment of President Barack Obama. Congressmen say that any war without congressional authorization would be “unconstitutional”.

Republican Representative Walter B. Jones Jr. has come up with the resolution demanding Obama’s impeachment in case his administration starts another military action without the approval of Congress. This came as a reaction to the American Defense Secretary Leon Panetta announcing that in order to carry out the offensive, the US military needs permission from the UN and NATO alone.

Jones’s resolution states that the prime authority to rule on the attack is the US Congress, but not international bodies be it NATO or UN.

“Expressing the sense of congress that the use of offensive military force by a president without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under Article II, Section 4 of the constitution,” Jones’s resolution said.

In an exchange which occurred at the session of the Senate Armed Services Committee, US Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta said that in case Obama administration decides to strike Syria, it would merely “inform” Congress after the decision has been made.

More: http://rt.com/news/obama-impeachment-syria-strike-345/
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 03:21:51 PM »
http://www.wnd.com/2012/03/obama-impeachment-bill-now-in-congress/?cat_orig=us
WND EXCLUSIVE
Obama impeachment bill now in Congress
Declares president's use of military without approval 'high crime, misdemeanor'
Published: 20 hours ago
The full wording of H. Con. Res. 107, which is currently referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary, is as follows:

Expressing the sense of Congress that the use of offensive military force by a president without prior and clear authorization of an act of Congress constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under Article II, Section 4 of the Constitution.

Whereas the cornerstone of the Republic is honoring Congress’s exclusive power to declare war under article I, section 8, clause 11 of the Constitution: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the House of Representatives (the Senate concurring), That it is the sense of Congress that, except in response to an actual or imminent attack against the territory of the United States, the use of offensive military force by a president without prior and clear authorization of an act of Congress violates Congress’s exclusive power to declare war under Article I, Section 8, clause 11 of the Constitution and therefore constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under Article II, Section 4 of the Constitution.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 10:51:39 PM »
 The taleover of the United States of America, the eradication bit by bit of our constitution, the creation of a MIc/Military comparitive to a nation with growing disreagard for our of the constitution.
  Disregard of our congress, war powers in efect, patriot act,, obvious domestisc control of the population and survellance,, perpetual wars spónscered by our elites minionsr hearsed intervention,, clandestine operation on the table to for years coming into fruitation. Contoll of gas-oil, energy, water supplies, pharmacuecitical deceptions and implosion of gov involvmnet-FDA-FDA, Prisons being controlled by private insitututions %, supercorprs raping nations we have invaded, US citizenry have been monitored by our  NSA, DARPA, HDS,DODS,NSA, and FBI among others, clandestine operations in effect that will perpetuate  the FEAR syndrome, supercorps and CIA manipilation of the average Joes concept of reality due to their porpaganda machne MSM, The Federal reserve and thei counterparts raping our coffers, Gas prices will emplode, agriculture will be governed by GM-Monsanto. Obma care so called will inititate free care to alies independent of illegal status. Public and gov employess under their thumb through tactics ranging from blacmail to outright greed. A congress in the hands of the elites pockets.
A deep cover president floowing orders and elimination of public souses who have came forward.
 Drug wholesailing, loyal high tech distibution contacts, not to include clueless  street trafficers.
 Oh Ya, lefalized genocide, torture, permanent imprisonment with no definete charge other that speculation and Mil-CIA garble.  The elites have been at this for a centruy, the past 50 odd years have proven definetly they are comromised. NATO and the UN are but extensions of the elites.  Christian revolt of their tactics is about 01%,
Did I rant, I'm sorry, but have mentioned only a few items needed to be hammered into the heads of our society TRUTH being the foremost.

Offline reddog801

• MOLON LABE!
    • Exposing America
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 02:02:28 AM »
I am so upset at this. I seen this yesterday and more today and just got sick to my stomach! Is the United States of America really that gone??????? OMG!!

Impeach these bastards before they are allowed to do anything else....No just POTUS but all that are involved!!
Eric
We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.  ~William Faulkner

Twitter: FREEDOMDECODED

Offline Leftovers

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 08:22:16 AM »
Obama is truly proving the constitution doesn't apply to him..this is disgusting impeach the bastard!~