Author Topic: Interview ended Mitt Romney's father's presidential hopes  (Read 479 times)

Offline Freebird100

Interview ended Mitt Romney's father's presidential hopes
« on: February 24, 2012, 08:55:01 am »

On Tuesday, Michigan Republicans will decide if they want native son Mitt Romney to be their party’s nominee for president. In a way, this election season is the culmination of the Romney family’s nearly fifty year quest for the White House.

Michigan Governor George Romney—Mitt Romney's father—received 48 delegate votes at the 1964 Republican convention and was considered a front-runner for the 1968 GOP nomination.

That changed on August 31, 1967 when, during an interview on Channel 50’s The Lou Gordon Program, Romney explained his change-of-heart on Vietnam in a manner most would now describe as cogent, reasonable and sincere.

In essence, Romney said U.S. military and diplomatic leaders lied about the state of the war when he visited Vietnam in 1965. In hindsight, Romney concluded his previous support for Vietnam was misguided. The problem is George Romney didn’t say he was lied to or tricked or conned or sold a bill of goods.

“When I came back from Vietnam, I had just had the greatest brainwashing that anyone could get,” George Romney told Lou Gordon almost 45 years ago.

Almost instantaneously, Romney’s “brainwashing” comment went viral.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2012/02/how_an_interview_with_local_ta.html
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Freebird100

Re: Interview ended Mitt Romney's father's presidential hopes
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 09:07:42 am »
No doubt kissing the military industrial complex`s @ss is a must to get elected president.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

The Great Deception - Forum/Library - My Research
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showforum=110