Beyond Tangy Tangerine contains Flourine?

Author Topic: Beyond Tangy Tangerine contains Flourine?  (Read 59488 times)

Offline Vitiare

Beyond Tangy Tangerine contains Flourine?
« on: February 10, 2012, 07:43:25 AM »
Reading the ingredients label on the "Beyond Tangy Tangerine" product that Alex is hocking makes some interesting discoveries. In fine print at the bottom of the label, the "plant derived mineral powder" that they add to the product contains Antimony, Arsenic, Cadmium, Mercury, Lead, Aluminum Hydroxide, and Flourine.

Digging around to find out more information about this product, (which, by the way is difficult, since the first 6 or 7 PAGES Google returned were all from the same or similar businesses) I then did a search for side effects. I came across a website that discusses this issue:

"These so-called "plant-derived" minerals are apparently from the TJ Clark Mine in Utah. The reason they are called "plant-derived" is that the mine has ancient plant matter that did not undergo complete fossilization, and they use the soft, crumbly material from this mine for their products. It is sold by several companies, among them TJ Clark and Youngevity, and sold under several other company names, with the "plant-derived minerals" or "colloidal mineral" designation.

Here's the problem, and perhaps they are so clueless they don't realize it: during sedimentation - when plant matter begins to become rock - it absorbs and fixes minerals that are not necessarily good for you - among them, the heavy metal neurotoxins mercury, cadmium, arsenic, and lead, plus the Alzheimer's-promoting combination of aluminum and fluorides."

Someone please explain to me why Alex is so adamant about exposing the dangers of fluoridated water, yet then tuns around and pushes this snake oil that contains Flourine.

Offline Vitiare

Re: Beyond Tangy Tangerine contains Flourine?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 02:57:34 PM »
over 240 views and not one person can reply with an answer?

Offline tritonman

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 03:08:13 PM »

Offline bento

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 06:25:07 PM »
I also have serious questions about the levels of these heavy metals in this product. I wounder how much is in them and if they could be removed. Note the fluoride and other toxins we rant about in our drinking water also come from mines.

Here is a link I found that may or may not be relevant the the op.

http://www.cqs.com/plantderived.htm
We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much and the best of us is washed away.

Offline bento

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 07:23:53 PM »
Ok they clam that the colloidal form of these heavy metals are not bad for you and pass harmlessly through you body in a few hours. This is an extraordinary claim and I would like some form of independent verification from sources that are not selling the products.

https://healingwithnutrition.com/equalminerals.html

From: http://www.kjmaclean.com/Youngevity/about_plant_derived_minerals.html

What About Toxicity? 

This brings us to a discussion of those minerals which may be toxic in certain forms. Due to the extensive pollution of our environment at virtually every level, consumers are being bombarded with warnings about the toxic effects of metals such as aluminium, cadmium, lead, mercury and others. In their inorganic base state, these elements can seriously compromise an individual's health status.

Because the body has no effective way of dealing with these substances when they are in their inorganic state, they are often stored in the soft tissues of the body because an elimination pathway cannot be found. Unfortunately opponents of colloidal broad-spectrum mineral products point out that they contain the so-called toxic minerals. What these 'marketers' of other products don't tell you is that not all colloidal minerals are the same: organic colloidal minerals have absolutely no toxicity whatsoever because they cannot be stored by the body for longer than a few hours. For a further discussion of this subject please refer to our special report entitled, "Not All Minerals Are Created Equal," available from the Institute of Nutritional Science.

Let's take one mineral, aluminium, as an example. This element, in its inorganic base metallic form, has been linked to a variety of health concerns. Yet since aluminium is one of the most prevalent elements in nature it may be found in quite high amounts in most of our foods. Jonathon Wright, MD, in a recent seminar entitled, "Nutrition Therapy in Medical Practice", indicated that certain fruits and vegetables such as bananas, cucumbers and tomatoes have very high amounts of organic aluminium which they naturally take up from the soil. Why is no one worried about an overdoes of aluminium, from bananas?

The answer is simple: aluminium has always been a normal, natural constituent of many healthful foods! It therefore seems to us that all the hysteria about aluminium in organic colloidal products has simply been generated by individuals who either have no knowledge of food science or have a special interest to fulfil such as the promotion of their own product.

I would really like some more independent research before I just take their word for it. What about colloidal mercury, would that not pass the blood brain barrier even more efficiently?
We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much and the best of us is washed away.

Offline Sharon

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 09:43:10 PM »
This might help for what fluorine is: http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistryfaqs/f/what-is-fluoride.htm

according to this, fluoride is the negative ion of the element fluorine.
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" ~ Mal Reynolds

Offline Chi23

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 04:53:29 PM »
Please I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis after taking the tangy tangerine.