Woman who was unconstitutionally spied on fights back with Congressional run

Author Topic: Woman who was unconstitutionally spied on fights back with Congressional run  (Read 5671 times)

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
Jacqueline Smith, 46, from Wanship, Utah, shared a personal story that brought the potential dangers of the NDAA into a new light.

She told Examiner,

This is a really big deal. A lot of people think this isn't going to happen to everybody, this is just for terrorists. If people believe government won't get them because they're just a regular citizen doing regular things, then they have no idea.

Government is so invasive into our lives. They are not protecting American citizens anymore, they are harrassing American citizens.

A couple of years ago, I was feeling unsure about the markets, so I decided to get cash out of my bank account and keep it in my safe. I took $9,000 out of my account to keep at home. I withdrew money a couple of times. The bank called me afterwards and told me I had been "flagged" because of the PATRIOT Act. I was told I wasn't allowed to have it. I was shocked. This was MY money. This was MY bank account.

One of their questions to me was, "Are you funding al-Qaeda?" I was like, "Are you being serious? Of course not. I'm a mother, I have children. I co-founded a group called STAR Forum (Save The American Republic). I love my country, I love the Constitution." I couldn't believe they were asking me these questions.

Smith was told that they had to ask the questions, and if she didn't answer properly then they would notify Homeland Security. She said it was then she realized that she couldn't sit still anymore. After the NDAA was passed, and her representative, Rep. Rob Bishop, voted for it, she was upset and felt she had to do something about it. She began asking around to see who was going to challenge Bishop in this year's election. There was no one.

She said, "I felt like that kind of vote could not go unchallenged." As of Thursday, Jacqueline Smith is officially running for Congress against Rob Bishop, in the first district. She continued, "Even though this isn't a very convenient time for me and my family, I felt like it was time for me to step up. If I don't do anything then I'm partly to blame for the loss of our rights."

Jacqueline has served as a State Delegate and is the current Summit County Republican Secretary. She also served on the Freedomworks Tea Party Debt Commission in Utah. She said,

While Bishop and I are both conservative and similar on a lot of things, I think I have more passion to get us back to the original intent of the Constitution. I believe I'll be able to do a lot because I don't care if I'm reelected. I'm going there to bring the power back to the states and back to the people, so we have a real federalist nation again, where our federal government is no longer our master -- they are actually our servants. And that's how it's supposed to be.

http://www.examiner.com/independent-in-salt-lake-city/nationwide-ndaa-protest-finds-support-salt-lake-city-1

comments on article will bring more attention
What do you under-stand?

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
She is running against Rob Bishop who voted for the NDAA, this would be a good person for Alex to interview.
What do you under-stand?

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
I know I've said this before, but it bears repeating: according to lesser evil voters, the only way someone who rightly opposes Nazi-style police state measures such as the so-called "Patriot" Act can avoid "wasting" his or her vote is to vote for an establishment candidate who (you guessed it) supports such measures! ::)
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0