PrisonPlanet Forum
July 23, 2014, 09:35:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cal Ben 5 Star Shampoo Contains Chemicals?  (Read 2390 times)
limitgov

« on: January 18, 2012, 08:29:22 AM »

Is this true?

http://www.ripoffreport.com/home-healthcare/calben-soap/calben-soap-5-star-soap-shampo-64671.htm

they say a chemical analysis of the calben shampoo shows it to contain quite a few chemicals.  If true, its far from being natural.
Jacob Law

Its the Law, face it!

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 08:35:37 AM »

say it isn't so Joe

What do you under-stand?
MonkeyPuppet

aut libertas aut mors

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 08:44:42 AM »

* Saved for later

** Awaiting reply from Cal-Ben

Income Tax: Shattering The Myths
w w w . original intent . o r g

The 1911 in .45 ACP... don't leave home without it!  Safety first!!
resist.tyranny

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 08:48:32 AM »

Which is why I make my own soaps.  At least I know what's in it.  I'm hoping there's a good explanation. 
Valerius

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 08:53:37 AM »

What lab performed this alleged test?

"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass
MonkeyPuppet

aut libertas aut mors

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 08:59:04 AM »

What lab performed this alleged test?

This is why I just emailed them (Cal-Ben) directly to get a response.  They can and should do the grunt work to debunk this if necessary.  If the information is inaccurate, I'd imagine somebody will be getting a nice fat libel suit.

I'm not taking it all that seriously or as a deterrent to using their products.  After all, this so-called laboratory analysis was submitted by "anon" from "anycity" with absolutely no supporting documentation.

Jacob Law

Its the Law, face it!

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 09:08:38 AM »

You know without knowing for sure, I think it is a hoax, I just don't see Cal Ben lying. Waiting for your response from Cal Ben!

What do you under-stand?
MonkeyPuppet

aut libertas aut mors

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 09:37:06 AM »

--- Start Reply from Cal-Ben ---

Hello -Name Omitted-
The day that posted I got a email saying that complaint could be made to disappear for a fee.
Basically ripoffreport is a ripoff. They plant stories and then extort money from their victims.
Terry
cal ben soap co

--- End Reply from Cal-Ben ---

To put this issue at further rest, note that "Ripoff Report" aka "Bad Business Bureau" (BBB ripoff much?) has 43 complaint reports at the Better Business Bureau (yes, the real one).  In contrast, Five Star Soap (the business name that Cal Ben uses officially) has NONE.

Here's a little insight from someone who's dealt with them previously (2010)...

"It seems to me that the real rip-off here is this organization Ripoff Reports. They claim to be advocates of good business practice yet post anonymous claims against any business as they are received. No verification, no investigation, no justification. They go so far as to admit this on their main page: "While we encourage and even require authors to only file truthful reports, Ripoff Report does not guarantee that all reports are authentic or accurate." They further state that they never remove reports, presumably even when those reports are false, slanderous, or just plain dishonest. Yet a quick search on Google shows several companies that guarantee Ripoff Report removal for a fee."

In short:  This is debunked.

MonkeyPuppet

aut libertas aut mors

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 09:50:56 AM »

More info on Xcentric Ventures, LLC (a.k.a. ripoffreport.com)...

Xcentric Ventures and Ripoffreport.com get sued (again)
http://onlineliabilityblog.com/2007/08/30/xcentric-ventures-and-ripoffreportcom-get-sued-again/

The Anatomy of a RipOff Report Lawsuit
http://www.seomoz.org/blog/the-anatomy-of-a-ripoff-report-lawsuit

I could go on and on... just do a StartPage search for Xcentric Ventures, LLC and you'll find THOUSANDS of sites, pages and LAWSUITS against them, RipOffReport.com and the owner, Ed Magedson.

MonkeyPuppet

aut libertas aut mors

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 09:54:55 AM »

I think this thread would be better suit for the Off Topic / Faux Controversies / Whining Threads section of the forum and retitled to "Cal Ben 5 Star Shampoo Contains Chemicals? - DEBUNKED".

donnay

Live Free Or Die Trying!

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 09:58:53 AM »

Is this true?

http://www.ripoffreport.com/home-healthcare/calben-soap/calben-soap-5-star-soap-shampo-64671.htm

they say a chemical analysis of the calben shampoo shows it to contain quite a few chemicals.  If true, its far from being natural.

Well, there are elements such as;  Gases: Hydrogen, Oxygen, Neon, Argon. Liquids: Mercury, Bromine, Francium, Arsenic.  Solids: Calcium, Magnesium, Fluoride, Copper, Gold, Silver.  All of the above elements are in water and would take a chemical analysis to tell you if you have excessive amounts of one thing or it was fine.  For instance; I had my water tested a few years back and it showed we had higher amounts of Fluoride (naturally occurring) in our well.  So we bought a Berkey to remover it.

It's the artificial (or synthetic) chemicals that one must be mindful of.  Lot's of companies push synthetic chemicals as 'Natural' because they were derived from a natural source, but does that make them natural, no.

Just my $0.02

"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: