Author Topic: GOP New Hampshire Debate: Diane Sawyer says 'constitution' is not important  (Read 26636 times)

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
Diane Sawyer: "I want to turn from the Constitution to something more closer to home." < WTF is closer to home?

W T F ?

DIANE SAWYER - CFR

www.cfr.org/about/membership/roster.html?letter=S

Sawyer had previously had relationships with Frank Gannon, a Nixon aide, and Richard Holbrooke, a U.S diplomat.[12] Forbes reported that she made $12 million in 2005.[13]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diane_Sawyer

Why does Diane Sawyer hate America?
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Freeski

Romney says we've had "success" in Afghanistan? Like the death of shitloads of people? Screw you you murderous jerk!
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Freeski

W T F ?

DIANE SAWYER - CFR

www.cfr.org/about/membership/roster.html?letter=S

Sawyer had previously had relationships with Frank Gannon, a Nixon aide, and Richard Holbrooke, a U.S diplomat.[12] Forbes reported that she made $12 million in 2005.[13]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diane_Sawyer

Why does Diane Sawyer hate America?

She's hottish, from a non gay Canadian male perspective, but she's evil and mobbed up -- so no, I would not date her.
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline xatom227

"I will send troops back into Iraq" - Rick Perry
"Presidents are not elected by ballot, they are selected by blood."   -  David Icke

"The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists."  -  J. Edgar Hoover

Offline tritonman

I can not believe Perry just said he would send troops back to Iraq....   Bye, bye Rick.  jut WOW is all I can say..

Offline tritonman

Dianne Sayer actually laughed at the fact that they spent time discussing the constitution is what I found to be very offensive.   >:(

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.ae911truth.org
And MITT, you twit...

Puts coffee mug down. Wipes drink off monitor. Continues laughing...

I don't know why I never thought of that before.

That's what I'm calling that slimeball from now on: Twit Romney!
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://webofdebt.com
http://schalkenbach.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Romney says we've had "success" in Afghanistan? Like the death of shitloads of people? Screw you you murderous jerk!

Here is some light reading for Mitt ROmney. What a success from a corporatistic Nazi point of view:

Afghanistan, Inc.
http://corpwatch.org/article.php?id=13518
by Fariba Nawa, Special to CorpWatch
May 2nd, 2006

CONTENTS
Part 1: Deconstructing the Reconstruction
Part 2: Security for Sale
Part 3: Expensive (and Dubious) Advice
Epilogue
Endnotes
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"

However, the East India Company has made Billions on the opium market over the last ten years... as it slides painfully into your niece's arm at 20 bucks a seal...

JTCoyoté

"Courage and perseverance have a magic
talisman, before which difficulties and
obstacles vanish into air."
~John Adams

Offline Freeski

Puts coffee mug down. Wipes drink off monitor. Continues laughing...

I don't know why I never thought of that before.

That's what I'm calling that slimeball from now on: Twit Romney!

LOL! :D

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
Re: Live Streams For the New Hampshire Debates Tonight 9 pm ET
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2012, 09:11:12 pm »
ABC is in love with pRick Santorum...

pRick Santorum is such a POS.  He is such a shill, along with Gingrich and Perry.

The media in NH is trying to prop Huntsman but so far it is backfiring on them.

Poor Dr. Paul has been sick all this past week.  The man is doing well thus far.  I love when he told pRick not to interrupt.  LOL!!!
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline Freeski

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2012, 09:12:54 pm »
I love when he told pRick not to interrupt.  LOL!!!

That was classic!

Offline Freeski

Job creation?

No role for the federal government!!!!

Just get out of the way you control freaks!

That's how you "create" jobs.

(Romney fail)

Offline Freeski

Huntsman is a nut.

Holy Twilight Zone!

Offline Freeski

For the record, the loss of manufacturing is a direct result of central planning. Let the free market do it's thing and you will see prosperity.

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
Huntsman is a nut.

Holy Twilight Zone!

He wants to rip out all tax loop holes across the board and give the globies even more of our hard earned much diminished incomes in fraudulent taxes... Huntsman is now toast!

Oldyoti

"Fear is the foundation of most
governments."
~John Adams

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated

Romney needs to watch this:

Tuesday June 17, 2008 - Lara Logan

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-june-17-2008/lara-logan
CBS News Chief Foreign Correspondent Lara Logan feels responsible for Americans not understanding what's going on in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Transcript
http://lincmad.blogspot.com/2008/06/lara-logan-on-daily-show.html

Stewart: What do you feel like — do you watch the news that we're watching in the United States?

Logan: No.

Stewart: Do you see what we're hearing about the war?

Stewart: We might actually know everything.

Logan: If I were to watch the news that you're hearing here in the United States, I'd just blow my brains out, because it would just drive me nuts.

Stewart: Really??

Logan: Yes. [audience cheers]

Stewart: I am glad to see you overcome your shyness, because — [pause] Where do you think — ? If you were to say, if you had your druthers, would we be focused right now — in terms of just reporting, because I know this isn't about policy — Afghanistan or Iraq? Where do you think the big story is?

Logan: I don't think we should have to choose between — which war, you know, is...

Stewart: Right.

Logan: So we have more soldiers on the ground in Iraq than we do in Afghanistan, do we pay more attention? I think we should — I mean, it's very hard, because you hear all the time: "People are tired of the same thing over and over." I did a piece with Navy SEALs once. It took me six months of begging, screaming, breaking down walls, crawling on my knees, to get that imbed, and when I came back with that story I was told, "These guys — you know, one guy in uniform looks like any other guy in a uniform." And I'm on high-value target raids, taking down some of the most wanted Taliban fighters and Al Qaeda fighters in Afghanistan, and I'm told, "Well, you know, one Arabic name sounds — unless it's Osama bin Laden, who cares about — you know, Mullah Ben Shaq, whatever?" So —

Stewart: Who's — ? I mean, these are the people that are in charge of what goes on these programs.

Logan: Well, although, for example — well, you know, Jeff Fager of 60 Minutes always says to me, "Iraq, Iraq, Iraq! Afghanistan, Afghanistan! We don't see enough of it, I want people to know more, people to see more" — I mean, it's —

Stewart: There are people pushing it —

Logan: Yes.

Stewart: — to try and get it through.

Logan: There are lots of people trying to get it through.

Stewart: And what about the danger for you? I mean, you're clearly, you know, you're a big, intimidating force — when you go out there, I mean, have you been hurt? Have you been — I mean, how do you protect yourself?

[...]

Logan: We have security details, we have Iraqi security guards.

Stewart: Then have you been exposed to gunfire and explosions and that type of thing.

Logan: Sure. Well, that morning in Baghdad, I looked at the clock, and I thought, Well, okay, I can have half an hour more, because I've only had 3 hours, went back to sleep, woke up, sat on the side of the bed thinking, I've gotta get up! and then it's like "Boom!" and the hotel blew up underneath me, so... They blew up the building. I think they were trying to kill some sheikhs, but, you know, they got a few other people, including a 5-year-old Iraqi girl.

Stewart: See, even that — the idea of that to me — if that happened in this country, that would be the biggest story for the next two years. It's as though we've become numb. I mean, there were 51 people killed today, in a Shi'ite neighborhood in Iraq — are we just numb? Have we lost our humanity with this entire situation?

Logan: Yeah, we have. You know, I was asked once, "Do you feel responsible for the American people having a bad view — a negative view — of the war in Iraq?" and I looked at the reporter, and I said, "Tell me the last time you saw the body of a dead American soldier. What does that look like? Who in America knows what that looks like? 'Cause I know what that looks like, and I feel responsible for the fact that no one else does." You know. That's what I feel responsible for: that nobody really understands, and the soldiers do feel forgotten. They do, no doubt. From Afghanistan to Iraq, they absolutely feel — it may be — we may be tired of hearing about this 5 years later, they still have to go out and do the same job. I was in Sadr City, when it was just going absolutely hell for — I mean, Sadr City was like Armageddon, and there were soldiers there who'd been in-country 9 months who'd never seen combat like that, just thrown into it. You're talking about a convoys ambushed with 5, 6 armor-piercing bombs, rocket-propelled grenades, everything — 9, 10, 15-hour battles.

Stewart: And it's something that we might get just a brief glimpse of on the news or just a mention, and that kind of thing? Well, what kind of —

Logan: And more soldiers just died in Afghanistan last month than Iraq — who's paying attention to that? 33,000: highest troop level since the war began, 7 years after we defeated the Taliban.

Stewart: Well, certainly, you know, it's funny — we criticize the government an awful lot, but I guess we have a responsibility that we haven't lived up to as people, either, to keep ourselves up on it, so we appreciate everything you're doin', and thanks for comin' on and seein' us.

Logan: Thank you.

Offline Trainwreck

Romney trying to sound like Paul...lol..

Offline Freeski

He wants to rip out all tax loop holes across the board and give the globies even more of our hard earned much diminished incomes in fraudulent taxes... Huntsman is now toast!

Oldyoti

"Fear is the foundation of most
governments."
~John Adams

Yes, he and all of the others are about "managing" the economy -- when the real wealth is actually totally unpredictable. These weirdos are all about predicting and controlling the economy when the real wealth generation comes from the unknown. God only knows what we can achieve without this gruesome meddling.

Offline Freeski

Romney needs to watch this:

Tuesday June 17, 2008 - Lara Logan

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-june-17-2008/lara-logan
CBS News Chief Foreign Correspondent Lara Logan feels responsible for Americans not understanding what's going on in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Transcript
http://lincmad.blogspot.com/2008/06/lara-logan-on-daily-show.html

Stewart: What do you feel like — do you watch the news that we're watching in the United States?

Stewart: Do you see what we're hearing about the war?

Stewart: We might actually know everything.

Logan: If I were to watch the news that you're hearing here in the United States, I'd just blow my brains out, because it would just drive me nuts.

Stewart: Really??

Logan: Yes. [audience cheers]

Stewart: I am glad to see you overcome your shyness, because — [pause] Where do you think — ? If you were to say, if you had your druthers, would we be focused right now — in terms of just reporting, because I know this isn't about policy — Afghanistan or Iraq? Where do you think the big story is?

Logan: I don't think we should have to choose between — which war, you know, is...

Stewart: Right.

Logan: So we have more soldiers on the ground in Iraq than we do in Afghanistan, do we pay more attention? I think we should — I mean, it's very hard, because you hear all the time: "People are tired of the same thing over and over." I did a piece with Navy SEALs once. It took me six months of begging, screaming, breaking down walls, crawling on my knees, to get that imbed, and when I came back with that story I was told, "These guys — you know, one guy in uniform looks like any other guy in a uniform." And I'm on high-value target raids, taking down some of the most wanted Taliban fighters and Al Qaeda fighters in Afghanistan, and I'm told, "Well, you know, one Arabic name sounds — unless it's Osama bin Laden, who cares about — you know, Mullah Ben Shaq, whatever?" So —

Stewart: Who's — ? I mean, these are the people that are in charge of what goes on these programs.

Logan: Well, although, for example — well, you know, Jeff Fager of 60 Minutes always says to me, "Iraq, Iraq, Iraq! Afghanistan, Afghanistan! We don't see enough of it, I want people to know more, people to see more" — I mean, it's —

Stewart: There are people pushing it —

Logan: Yes.

Stewart: — to try and get it through.

Logan: There are lots of people trying to get it through.

Stewart: And what about the danger for you? I mean, you're clearly, you know, you're a big, intimidating force — when you go out there, I mean, have you been hurt? Have you been — I mean, how do you protect yourself?

[...]

Logan: We have security details, we have Iraqi security guards.

Stewart: Then have you been exposed to gunfire and explosions and that type of thing.

Logan: Sure. Well, that morning in Baghdad, I looked at the clock, and I thought, Well, okay, I can have half an hour more, because I've only had 3 hours, went back to sleep, woke up, sat on the side of the bed thinking, I've gotta get up! and then it's like "Boom!" and the hotel blew up underneath me, so... They blew up the building. I think they were trying to kill some sheikhs, but, you know, they got a few other people, including a 5-year-old Iraqi girl.

Stewart: See, even that — the idea of that to me — if that happened in this country, that would be the biggest story for the next two years. It's as though we've become numb. I mean, there were 51 people killed today, in a Shi'ite neighborhood in Iraq — are we just numb? Have we lost our humanity with this entire situation?

Logan: Yeah, we have. You know, I was asked once, "Do you feel responsible for the American people having a bad view — a negative view — of the war in Iraq?" and I looked at the reporter, and I said, "Tell me the last time you saw the body of a dead American soldier. What does that look like? Who in America knows what that looks like? 'Cause I know what that looks like, and I feel responsible for the fact that no one else does." You know. That's what I feel responsible for: that nobody really understands, and the soldiers do feel forgotten. They do, no doubt. From Afghanistan to Iraq, they absolutely feel — it may be — we may be tired of hearing about this 5 years later, they still have to go out and do the same job. I was in Sadr City, when it was just going absolutely hell for — I mean, Sadr City was like Armageddon, and there were soldiers there who'd been in-country 9 months who'd never seen combat like that, just thrown into it. You're talking about a convoys ambushed with 5, 6 armor-piercing bombs, rocket-propelled grenades, everything — 9, 10, 15-hour battles.

Stewart: And it's something that we might get just a brief glimpse of on the news or just a mention, and that kind of thing? Well, what kind of —

Logan: And more soldiers just died in Afghanistan last month than Iraq — who's paying attention to that? 33,000: highest troop level since the war began, 7 years after we defeated the Taliban.

Stewart: Well, certainly, you know, it's funny — we criticize the government an awful lot, but I guess we have a responsibility that we haven't lived up to as people, either, to keep ourselves up on it, so we appreciate everything you're doin', and thanks for comin' on and seein' us.

Logan: Thank you.

Yes!

The truth is ugly, but needn't be.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
http://gawker.com/diane-sawyer/
The daughter of a Kentucky politician, Sawyer was a teen beauty queen before attending Wellesley. In 1968 she started her television career as a local news reporter in Louisville, then switched sides in 1970 to work in the Nixon White House press office. Following Nixon's resignation, Sawyer helped the disgraced president assemble his memoirs before returning to reporting in 1978 as a political correspondent for CBS.

Sawyer's annual ABC salary has been estimated at $12 million.

Just one of the "little" people... struggling to get by.....

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
The ghost of Bachmann has taken over Romney's body!  He just won't shuddup!
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline Freeski

I really need to vomit right now.

Offline Freeski

ABC: Mitt Romney is the winner without a doubt.

How pathetic of ABC.

Offline Freeski

Do not forget that all of this is establishment bullshit.

Offline Freeski

Mitt Romney is an establishment plant. Do not fall for it.

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"

How pathetic of ABC.

Romney is all "style" and other peoples talking points... many are vacuous misstatements of Dr. Paul's points, these days...

JTCoyoté

"Democracy... while it lasts is more bloody than either
[aristocracy or monarchy]. Remember, democracy never
lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself.
There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide."

~John Adams

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Reminder to New Hampshre about Santorum's attack on the 10th Amendment:

Santorum, Federalism, and States’ “Right to Do Wrong”
http://volokh.com/2012/01/07/santorum-federalism-and-states-right-to-do-wrong/
Ilya Somin • January 7, 2012 1:26 am

As co-blogger Jonathan Adler notes, Rick Santorum’s view of constitutional federalism is that the federal government can always override the states when the latter are doing something that is “wrong”:

I’m a very strong supporter of the 10th amendment . . . but the idea that the only things that the states are prevented from doing are only things specifically established in the Constitution is wrong.

Our country is based on a moral enterprise. Gay marriage is wrong. As Abraham Lincoln said, states do not have the right to do wrong. And so there are folks, here who said states can do this and I won’t get involved in that.

I will get involved in that because the states, as a president I will get involved because the states don’t have a right to undermine the basic fundamental values that hold this country together.

Although I’m no fan of Santorum’s, there is a small kernel of truth to his argument. Some evils are so great that we may be justified in violating constitutional limitations on federal power in order to eliminate them. Slavery is probably the best historical example. Even some anti-slavery jurists, including Dred Scott dissenter Justice Benjamin Curtis, thought that Abraham Lincoln had exceeded his constitutional authority when he issued the Emancipation Proclamation (which freed all slaves held in the rebel states). But even if Curtis was correct, Lincoln still did the right thing. As Thomas Jefferson wrote in a letter defending the Louisiana Purchase (which he undertook even though he thought it was unconstitutional), “[A] strict observance of the written law is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest.”

But there is a big difference between claiming that we are morally justified in violating the Constitution in some extreme cases and concluding, as Santorum did, that the Constitution allows the federal government to “get involved” whenever the states are committing a “wrong.” That would essentially give the feds the power to override the states anytime a national majority or the federal political elite thought state policies were wrong in some way. It would lead us to essentially unlimited federal power.

Maybe such unlimited power would not be a bad thing if we were confident that the feds would restrict themselves to overruling the states only when the latter are genuinely “wrong” in some objective sense, while otherwise leaving them alone. In reality, however, an unconstrained power to correct state wrongs is also an unconstrained power to impose federal wrongs. And federally imposed wrongs are often more dangerous than state wrongs. A “wrong” state policy affects fewer people than a similar federal policy does. Moreover, people can often “vote with their feet” to escape harmful state laws, which is much harder in the case of federal laws.

Obviously, there are important exceptions to these generalizations, some of which I have written about elsewhere. But there is good reason to reject the view that the federal government should be allowed to override the states anytime the latter do something “wrong.”

UPDATE: It’s worth noting another important difference between the view that unconstitutional actions are sometimes justified for the purpose of alleviating truly massive state injustices and Santorum’s claim that the feds can act anytime states do something “wrong.” In the former case, federal officials subject themselves to the risk of legal action, including possible impeachment. If they explicitly admit that they are violating the Constitution (as Jefferson did), they could also face public backlash for it. These dangers will tend to mitigate the risk that federal officials will violate the Constitution anytime they find a state policy they dislike. Such risks are much smaller in a political environment where a Santorumesque interpretation of the Constitution becomes dominant.

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator

How pathetic of ABC.

No, how predictable of ABC.

The term "pathetic" more aptly applies to the millions of voters who (among other things) continue to let these intellectual prostitutes posing as "journalists" literally dictate to them not only which issues are more important than others, but what their "choices" are on election day.

Hence the following thread:

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=217087.0

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
No, how predictable of ABC.

The term "pathetic" more aptly applies to the millions of voters who (among other things) continue to let these intellectual prostitutes posing as "journalists" literally dictate to them not only which issues are more important than others, but what their "choices" are on election day.

Hence the following thread:

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=217087.0

I can't decide who's the slimiest ... the 'moderators' or RPs opposition.

ORWELL: “The very concept of objective truth is fading out of the world. Lies will pass into history.”

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
Re: GOP New Hampshire Debate: Santorum FAIL: defending budget flip flops
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2012, 10:01:30 pm »
Paul is awesome on the "trick" question of the newsletters!

Nice try ABC - you cannot shame this beautiful man.

I agree! He has done a great job of turning it on them. They are  being so stupid to bring up something that has been explained long ago! He didn't write it, period! Just discrediting themselves, which is what the media is best at these days, as they lose viewers!
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

The Great Deception - Forum/Library - My Research
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showforum=110

Offline Freeski

Reminder to New Hampshre about Santorum's attack on the 10th Amendment:

Santorum, Federalism, and States’ “Right to Do Wrong”
http://volokh.com/2012/01/07/santorum-federalism-and-states-right-to-do-wrong/
Ilya Somin • January 7, 2012 1:26 am

As co-blogger Jonathan Adler notes, Rick Santorum’s view of constitutional federalism is that the federal government can always override the states when the latter are doing something that is “wrong”:

I’m a very strong supporter of the 10th amendment . . . but the idea that the only things that the states are prevented from doing are only things specifically established in the Constitution is wrong.

Our country is based on a moral enterprise. Gay marriage is wrong. As Abraham Lincoln said, states do not have the right to do wrong. And so there are folks, here who said states can do this and I won’t get involved in that.

I will get involved in that because the states, as a president I will get involved because the states don’t have a right to undermine the basic fundamental values that hold this country together.

Although I’m no fan of Santorum’s, there is a small kernel of truth to his argument. Some evils are so great that we may be justified in violating constitutional limitations on federal power in order to eliminate them. Slavery is probably the best historical example. Even some anti-slavery jurists, including Dred Scott dissenter Justice Benjamin Curtis, thought that Abraham Lincoln had exceeded his constitutional authority when he issued the Emancipation Proclamation (which freed all slaves held in the rebel states). But even if Curtis was correct, Lincoln still did the right thing. As Thomas Jefferson wrote in a letter defending the Louisiana Purchase (which he undertook even though he thought it was unconstitutional), “[A] strict observance of the written law is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest.”

But there is a big difference between claiming that we are morally justified in violating the Constitution in some extreme cases and concluding, as Santorum did, that the Constitution allows the federal government to “get involved” whenever the states are committing a “wrong.” That would essentially give the feds the power to override the states anytime a national majority or the federal political elite thought state policies were wrong in some way. It would lead us to essentially unlimited federal power.

Maybe such unlimited power would not be a bad thing if we were confident that the feds would restrict themselves to overruling the states only when the latter are genuinely “wrong” in some objective sense, while otherwise leaving them alone. In reality, however, an unconstrained power to correct state wrongs is also an unconstrained power to impose federal wrongs. And federally imposed wrongs are often more dangerous than state wrongs. A “wrong” state policy affects fewer people than a similar federal policy does. Moreover, people can often “vote with their feet” to escape harmful state laws, which is much harder in the case of federal laws.

Obviously, there are important exceptions to these generalizations, some of which I have written about elsewhere. But there is good reason to reject the view that the federal government should be allowed to override the states anytime the latter do something “wrong.”

UPDATE: It’s worth noting another important difference between the view that unconstitutional actions are sometimes justified for the purpose of alleviating truly massive state injustices and Santorum’s claim that the feds can act anytime states do something “wrong.” In the former case, federal officials subject themselves to the risk of legal action, including possible impeachment. If they explicitly admit that they are violating the Constitution (as Jefferson did), they could also face public backlash for it. These dangers will tend to mitigate the risk that federal officials will violate the Constitution anytime they find a state policy they dislike. Such risks are much smaller in a political environment where a Santorumesque interpretation of the Constitution becomes dominant.

Oh, thank you.

Jordan

« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2012, 10:03:21 pm »

Santorum is just a pretty face, corrupted by the glue of big government, stuck to the top of an empty suit...

JTCoyoté

"Genius is sorrow's child."
~John Adams

I applaud you sir for your very humble and low standards of pretty faces. Santorum is a white Steve Urkel. Sorry Steve, no offense meant.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
I can't decide who's the slimiest ... the 'moderators' or RPs opposition.

Neither. The slimiest of all are the ruling-class parasites pulling the strings of both groups -- the ones you never see on camera.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
Neither. The slimiest of all are the ruling-class parasites pulling the strings of both groups -- the ones you never see on camera.

Touché! :o

It's just that these 'events' are so hard to watch ... except for Ron, of course ...
I could watch him talk all day. I mean, Sawyer, Snuffulanopolopicus and all the rest ...
and those elite, bloodthirsty creeps on stage ... just sickening! I feel like a need a bath.
ORWELL: “The very concept of objective truth is fading out of the world. Lies will pass into history.”

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Here is the local news site for New Hampshre ABC:

http://www.wmur.com/index.html

It is likely the  most visited by local voters and they could use information that has been blotted out in regards to Ron Paul.

Plenty of space to add comments

FYI...TOP 4 VIDEOS...ALL RON PAUL!!!!!!!!!

Romney, Paul, Santorum On Right To Privacy
http://www.wmur.com/new-hampshire-primary-extended-coverage/30159606/video.html

Gingrich, Paul On Veterans Affairs
http://www.wmur.com/new-hampshire-primary-extended-coverage/30159580/video.html

Paul: I Understand Racial Issues
http://www.wmur.com/new-hampshire-primary-extended-coverage/30159551/video.html

Ron Paul Speaks Ahead Of Debate
http://www.wmur.com/video/30157263/detail.html

Offline tritonman

ABC tried to play it down, but they did admit Paul is the very clear winner on twitter..

Jordan

There all whores... People need to start shaming them publically for their actions and complete lack of values.