The Rick Santorum Decption

Author Topic: The Rick Santorum Decption  (Read 14190 times)

Jordan

The Rick Santorum Decption
« on: December 30, 2011, 04:05:01 pm »
Rick Santorum Gets A Big Polling Boost, Goes After Ron Paul

Lets talk about Santorum... This is what De Rothchilds is paying him to do

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa — Just hours after a new poll was released showing Rick Santorum surging to third place in the state with only six days to go before the caucuses, the beaming GOP hopeful, clad in his signature sweater vest, spoke to about 100 supporters and those still making up their mind for almost two hours Wednesday evening.

During the question and answer part of the town hall Santorum was asked about Ron Paul’s support in Iowa, and the former Pennsylvania senator let loose on the Texas Congressman.

“Ron Paul says he’s going to eliminate five departments. Ron Paul passed one bill in 20 years. What give you the idea that he can eliminate anything? I mean, he has absolutely no track record of building any kind of coalition to get anything done anywhere,” Santorum said. “I understand the appeal that Ron Paul has: it’s simple, it’s short — but there’s no track record there.”

Santorum also went after Paul on his foreign policy stances, calling him “far to the left of President Obama.”

“I mean he’s out in the Dennis Kucinich wing of the Democratic Party. Don’t laugh!” Santorum said to the crowd as they began to chuckle, and they immediately got quiet. “That’s where he is. He may be left of Dennis Kucinich, okay? So that’s where he is. This country is not going to elect Dennis Kucinich to be President of the United States. I don’t care how much government he wants to cut.

“What people in Iowa like about Ron Paul is all of his economic talk which requires Congress to act of which he has showed no ability to get them to do,” Santorum added. “What they don’t like about Ron Paul is this craziness about cutting the military in half and getting our troops out of everywhere. He can do that. He can actually order that on day one — all our troops around the world to come home.”

He said the “danger” of Paul’s international policies “should just chill every Iowan.”

“People say, ‘Well he won’t really do that.’ Well he’ll be 78 years old. How many 78-years-olds say — after saying this for 30 years — are going to change their mind?” Santorum asked. “Let’s just be honest about it. By then you are sort of set in your ways. It’s not like this is new, so let’s get serious about what message Iowa is going to send to the country, and the message has to be that we want a responsible conservative.”

Paul is actually 76 years old.

After the event, Santorum told reporters that despite the clear boost in support the CNN/Time poll showed “we have a lot of work to do” and pledged to keep “working hard.”

“We’re not first, and those polls have been all over the map and it shows we’ve made progress — it shows the people of Iowa are getting down to making the tough decisions to who they are going to support in their final analysis,” Santorum said. “And I feel very, very good that all of the work that we paid here, the strong message we put forward, the background and record we have, people are searching and looking at right now and trying to determine who can we really trust.”

Santorum came in third in the survey with 16 percent support, behind Mitt Romney with 25 percent support and Ron Paul with 22 percent.

Six weeks ago Santorum told ABC News that his campaign would get a surge — like all the candidates have had — right before the caucuses, but Wednesday he said, “One poll does not make a boomlet.” He also tried to contrast himself not only with Paul, but with the other Iowa frontrunner.

“We are growing by leaps and bounds,” Santorum said. “Folks in Iowa who care about this process, who care to make sure Iowa gets the right to lift up — make sure Iowa lifts up the right person to be the conservative alternative to Mitt Romney, to be the right alternative to Barack Obama.”

Kurt Crock came in from Mt. Vernon, about 25 minutes away, to listen to Santorum. He told ABC News that he finally made up his mind and just became a supporter 24 hours ago. He’s never caucused before, but he already signed up to be a caucus captain for Santorum next Tuesday.

“He’s the one who talks about family,” Crock said, referring to Santorum. “He’s the only one addressing that issue. He’s the only one who brought it up in the debates. It’s more in his literature than anybody so that’s why. He’s the one who talks about the importance of family to our country, to our communities and if he’s talking about it now, he’ll talk about it there and maybe some of these problems can get fixed.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/12/rick-santorum-gets-a-big-polling-boost-goes-after-ron-paul/

Jordan

Re: The Rick Santorum Decption
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 01:10:57 am »
Rick Santorum bothers Cyclone fans and almost gets booted from bar. Sadly it's over a football game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qljxn6iIGlY

Jordan

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 02:22:08 am »
Rick Santorum named as one of the most corrupt politicians in 2006.

Washington, DC – Today, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) released its second annual report on the most corrupt members of Congress entitled Beyond DeLay: The 20 Most Corrupt Members of Congress (and five to watch). This encyclopedic report on corruption in the 109th Congress documents the egregious, unethical and possibly illegal activities of the most tainted members of Congress. CREW has compiled the members’ transgressions and analyzed them in light of federal laws and congressional rules.

Two members have been removed from last year’s list of 13. Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham (R-CA) is now serving an eight-year jail term for bribery and Rep. Bob Ney (R-OH) has agreed to plead guilty to crimes that will likely result in a minimum two-year prison term.

CREW has also re-launched the report’s tandem website, www.beyonddelay.org. The site offers short summaries of each member’s transgressions as well as the full-length profiles and all accompanying exhibits.

CREW’s Most Corrupt Members of Congress:
Members of the Senate:

Conrad Burns (R-MT)
    Bill Frist (R-TN)
    Rick Santorum (R-PA)

Members of the House:

Alan Mollohan (D-WV)
    Roy Blunt (R-MO)
    Marilyn Musgrave (R-CO)
    Ken Calvert (R-CA)
    Richard Pombo (R-CA)
    John Doolittle (R-CA)
    Rick Renzi (R-AZ)
    Tom Feeney (R-FL)
    Pete Sessions (R-TX)
    Katherine Harris (R-FL)
    John Sweeney (R-NY)
    William Jefferson (D-LA)
    Charles Taylor (R-NC)
    Jerry Lewis (R-CA)
    Maxine Waters (D-CA)
    Gary Miller (R-CA)
    Curt Weldon (R-PA)

Five Members to Watch:

Chris Cannon (R-UT)
    J.D. Hayworth (R-AZ)
    Dennis Hastert (R-IL)
    John Murtha (D-PA)
    Don Sherwood (R-PA)

“CREW created this exhaustive go-to guide on corruption in Congress to expose and hold accountable those members of Congress who believe they are above the law,” Melanie Sloan, executive director of CREW said today. “The officials named in this report have chosen to enrich themselves and their families and friends by abusing the power of their office, rather than work for the public good. Their collective corruption affects all Americans.”

An August 2006 Harris poll shows that 77% of Americans have a negative view of Congress and a May 2006 Gallup poll indicates that 83% of Americans consider corruption a serious issue.

Sloan continued, “Congress persists in abdicating its constitutional responsibility to police itself, opting to ignore the ethical and legal transgressions of its members. Luckily for the public, at least the Department of Justice still believes that political corruption is worth pursuing.”

Several other members’ careers have been tarnished or destroyed by their corrupt activities. In addition to Reps. Ney and Cunningham, former Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-TX) has been indicted in Texas and is facing possible federal indictment in the Jack Abramoff scandal and Reps. William Jefferson (D-LA), Jerry Lewis (R-CA), Alan Mollohan (D-WV), as well as Sens. Conrad Burns (R-MT) and Bill Frist (R-TN) are now under federal investigation.

http://www.citizensforethics.org/index.php/press/entry/crew-releases-second-annual-most-corrupt-members-of-congress-report/

Jordan

Santorum's Racist Welfare Rant
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 05:50:47 pm »
Rick Santorum’s Racist Welfare Rant: "I Don’t Want To Make Black People’s Lives Better" With Taxpayer Money
GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum has been trying to pull off an upset in the Iowa caucus, but he’s drawing criticism ahead of tonight’s contest for racially charged remarks he recently made about welfare recipients:

At a campaign stop in Sioux City, Iowa on Sunday, Republican presidential hopeful Rick Santorum singled out blacks as being recipients of assistance through federal benefit programs, telling a mostly-white audience he doesn’t want to “make black people’s lives better by giving them somebody else’s money.” [...]

It is unclear why Santorum pinpointed blacks specifically as recipients of federal aid. The original questioner asked “how do we get off this crazy train? We’ve got so much foreign influence in this country now,” adding “where do we go from here?”

Watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S4P01JKiof8
It’s hard to say which part of the story is stranger — that Santorum spontaneously derided poor black people in response to a question about foreign money or his explanation of why he did it.

When asked about the comments in a CBS interview, Santorum bizarrely referenced a documentary about the education achievement gap, Waiting for Superman, to explain the context. “Yesterday I talked for example about a movie called, um, what was it? ‘Waiting for Superman,’ which was about black children and so I don’t know whether it was in response and I was talking about that,” he said. The movie actually portrays students of several races.

There had originally been some confusion about whether Santorum actually said the word “black,” which he appeared to clear up in the CBS interview by acknowledging that was in fact the statement he made. (The candidate seemed to think better of his words mid-sentence, so the line comes across garbled.)

CBS points out that only nine percent of Iowans on food stamps are black — and 84 percent are white. Nationally, 39 percent of welfare recipients are white, 37 percent are black, and 17 percent are Hispanic. So Santorum’s decision to single out black welfare recipients plays right into insulting — and inaccurate — stereotypes of the kind of people some voters might expect to want a “handout.”

Attacking families who receive government aid has been a theme among many of the Republican candidates. In nearly every speech, Newt Gingrich accuses President Obama of being a “food stamp president” and even said “really poor children” have bad work habits and no knowledge of how to make an income “unless it’s illegal.”

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/01/03/396428/santorums-racist-welfare-rant/

Offline MonkeyPuppet

• aut libertas aut mors
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 10:55:48 pm »

Rick Santorum: Pursuit of Happiness Harms America
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03zFTTqHScI

Income Tax: Shattering The Myths
w w w . original intent . o r g

The 1911 in .45 ACP... don't leave home without it!  Safety first!!

Jordan

Santorum's nephew supports Ron Paul
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 12:52:37 am »
Santorum's nephew supports Ron Paul

If you want another big-government politician who supports the status quo to run our country, you should vote for my uncle, Rick Santorum. America is based on a strong belief in individual liberty. My uncle’s interventionist policies, both domestic and foreign, stem from his irrational fear of freedom not working.

It is not the government’s job to dictate to individuals how they must live. The Constitution was designed to protect individual liberty. My Uncle Rick cannot fathom a society in which people cooperate and work with each other freely. When Republicans were spending so much money under President Bush, my uncle was right there along with them as a senator. The reason we have so much debt is not only because of Democrats, but also because of big-spending Republicans like my Uncle Rick.

It is because of this inability of status quo politicians to recognize the importance of our individual liberties that I have been drawn to Ron Paul. Unlike my uncle, he does not believe that the American people are incapable of forming decisions. He believes that an individual is more powerful than any group (a notion our founding fathers also believed in).

Another important reason I support Ron Paul is his position on foreign policy. He is the only candidate willing to bring our troops home, not only from the Middle East, but from around the world.

Ron Paul seems to be the only candidate trying to win the election for a reason other than simply winning the election.

This year, I’ll vote for an honest change in our government. I’ll vote for real hope. I’ll vote for a real leader. This year, I will vote for Ron Paul.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/03/the-trouble-with-my-uncle-rick-santorum/

Offline MonkeyPuppet

• aut libertas aut mors
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 01:48:46 am »

He REALLY likes ice cream...

Jordan

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 10:38:46 pm »
Tough act to follow there Monkey ---

Here's RP's new campaign ad --- "Betrayal"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5Aohgrn1peA

Online chris jones

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 05:19:11 am »
 monkey puppet, on image is worth a thousand words, thats a good image, kinda says it all.
  What I have felt as i watched the debates, each of the canditates were on the same team with the same purpose, attack Ron Paul, ignore him, discredit him .
You see,,Would it matter which of those fakes got in office they are all on the same agenda, working for the same CREW.

Jordan

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 07:02:34 pm »
New Hampshire voters hammer Santorum

Video http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7394206n

The Christian values candidate in the Republican field is getting his baptism by fire in New Hampshire.

As he campaigns among the state's notoriously grumpy electorate, presidential candidate Rick Santorum has spent as much time arguing with prospective voters over same-sex marriage as he has asking them for their support. In the most recent flare-up on the campaign trail, the former U.S. senator from Pennsylvania was challenged Friday about his opposition to gay rights and President Obama's health care plan.

"I have a question and it's about gay people," asked the first man to be called on at a Santorum town hall meeting here today. "They are children of God too. Do they have the right to marriage? Do they have the right to serve in the military? Should they be treated like any other citizen? Under your presidency, would you protect their rights or would you diminish them?"

Santorum answered that he doesn't believe marriage or serving in the military are inalienable rights, but "privileges," adding, "It's not discrimination not to grant privileges."

A few people jeered him.

At another point in the meeting, a woman who said she had a college-aged son with a preexisting medical condition asked Santorum whether he thought it was right for insurance companies to discriminate against her son. The candidate did not address her question directly, but rather discussed market-based solutions to the lack of insurance coverage for some Americans and said Obama's health care plan has not fixed the problem. Some people objected to his answer.

Santorum was interrupted several times during the nearly two-hour event. The local fire chief asked about 50 people to leave the overflow crowd in the basement of the Keene Public Library, spurring further complaints from the audience. At another point, a man shouted "Wall Street got bailed out! We got sold out!" And a band of supporters of rival Republican candidate Ron Paul took to singing carols in an adjoining room.

Things didn't get easier for Santorum as the day wore on. At a town hall meeting at a college prepatory school in Dublin, students asked him repeatedly about gay marriage. At one point, Santorum said, "I think I answered that question. I'm not too sure I can add anything more to it."

Santorum offered the crowd in Dublin a more passionate version of his opposition to same-sex marriage than he had earlier in the day.

"You're robbing children of something that they need, they deserve, they have a right to. They have a right to be know and be loved by their dad or their mom," he said. "That's what marriage is about. It's not about two people loving each other.

"There's nothing hateful about that. There's something true about that."

Another young woman pressed Santorum on the topics of contraception and abortion rights, and what would happen to pregnant women who could not take care of their children. Santorum, a Roman Catholic, said he and his wife do not use contraception in accordance with their faith, but that he never advocated a legal ban on contraceptives.

"It is my moral judgment but it is not one that I feel like should be, or will be, imposed on anyone," he said. "I have said repeatedly that I would not vote for banning contraception. That is an individual decision. Contraception can and should be made available."

Later still, a woman holding a Bible asked how his "war mongering" reconciled with his faith."Jesus said to love your enemies and feed them, not blow them up!" she said.

A day earlier, on Thursday, Santorum tangled with gay rights supporters at a college convention in Concord, defending his opposition to liberalizing marriage laws by raising the specter of polygamy. "What about three men?" he asked, challenging audience members who sharply questioned his opposition to same-sex marriage.

The comment evoked memories of the ex-Pennsylvania senator's controversial statement to the Associated Press in 2003 in which he associated gay sex with incest and bestiality.

Also on Thursday, Santorum said he wouldn't mind being known as the "Jesus candidate" in the race. Describing a radio interview caller's suggestion that the race didn't need a "Jesus candidate," Santorum said his response is, "I said, 'We always need a Jesus candidate.' I don't mean necessarily that we always need a Christian, but we need someone who believes in something more than themselves."

The exchanges are a sign that Santorum's cultural conservatism message may not play as well with New Hampshire's more moderate and independent voters as it did with Iowa's social conservatives, who make up the vast majority of the state's caucus-goers. Santorum has made his faith and positions on social issues a central theme of his campaign. One of his rivals, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, stressed his opposition to liberal judges in Iowa but has put more emphasis on the economy since the campaign has moved to New Hampshire, which holds the next presidential primary on Tuesday.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57353736-503544/jesus-gays-and-health-care-new-hampshire-voters-hammer-santorum/

Jordan

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 07:14:47 pm »
Rick Santorum answers SOPA question. Says the internet should be regulated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HT0SX2jpgFQ

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.ae911truth.org
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 09:30:57 pm »
"I have a question and it's about gay people," asked the first man to be called on at a Santorum town hall meeting here today. "They are children of God too. Do they have the right to marriage? Do they have the right to serve in the military?"

Why am I not surprised that the first person to be called on just so happened to have a question about one of the least important issues facing the American people right now instead of one of the most important?

Was this by design? Or are the priorities of New Hampshire voters really that backwards?

Twenty years from now, in the Third World hell hole formerly known as "America," I can see a gifted child saying:

"I hate always being poor, grandpa, and I hate being groped and bossed around like a slave all day long by thugs and goons dressed up in fancy government uniforms. If you knew back in 2012 things were going to get this bad, why didn't you speak out against it?"

Grandpa: "Because I was too busy obsessing over something far more important, sweetheart."

Child: "What could possibly have been so much more important than protecting the economy from being completely destroyed by criminal bankers and the Bill of Rights from being completely destroyed by banker-owned politicians like Barack Obama and Rick Santorum?"

Grandpa: "Gay marriage, my dear, gay marriage."

Child (overwhelmed with disgust): "Thanks a bunch, gramps. It's nice to know you at least had your priorities straight."

Grandpa (oblivious to the sarcasm): "Don't mention it, sweety. It was the least I could do."

::) ::) ::)
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://webofdebt.com
http://schalkenbach.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
Santorum Brazenly Promotes More War and Destabilization
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 10:23:01 am »
http://www.prisonplanet.com/santorum-brazenly-promotes-more-war-and-destabilization.html

Santorum Brazenly Promotes More War and Destabilization

Brandon Turbeville
Activist Post
Monday, January 9, 2012

Just before the Iowa Caucus, I saw a graphic floating around the Internet which showed all of the Republican candidates together along with a tag that read, “If you supported Bachmann, then Romney, then Cain, then Gingrinch, and now you’re supporting Santorum – You might be getting spoonfed by the media.” I couldn’t agree more.

It is an unfortunate reality that those who pass for being informed in this country, meaning those who are strict adherents to the doctrines and dictates of political parties and the reporting of the mainstream media, are often much less informed than those who simply no longer care. At least those who no longer care are capable of recognizing there is something fundamentally flawed with both parties and that the entire election system is rigged.

I, myself, have known many Republicans (and Democrats when their elections roll around) who have explained to me which candidate they were supporting and why — their candidates and reasoning ironically following the same order as the Internet picture I mentioned above and directly regurgitate the propaganda given to them by FOX, CNN, or whatever other bastion of disinformation they are being led by.

The most recent media darling, Rick Santorum, whose very questionable “surge” just two days before the Iowa caucus when no one had previously given him even a passing glance, is no exception. Therefore, for the benefit of the easily duped, it might prove useful to take a second look at Rick Santorum.

Let us begin by taking a brief look at Santorum’s lunatic foreign policy which consists largely of beating the drums of war with Iran and fear-mongering the American people, particularly the war-prone Republican base, with a typical but quite militant brand of Islamophobia which was previously reserved only for the raving radio broadcasts of Michael Savage, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity.

Of course, there is virtually no difference between any of the Republican candidates (with the exception of Ron Paul), Obama, or Santorum when it comes to Iran. This much has been established time and time again.

However, the fact that a candidate would campaign with such open militancy in favor of war and conflict with yet another nation which has done nothing toward provoking war with the United States should be very concerning to say the least. Once, a pro-war candidate would at least have to veil his drum-beating under the pretense of using diplomacy first. Now, however, presidential candidates openly embrace war as almost the first act of international relations without batting an eye. Unfortunately, a large segment of the population is hearing this message and nodding their empty heads in agreement.

At this point, one can only guess whether or not Santorum truly believes in the raving war talk that he spews at every opportunity. His hatred could be of the organic variety, or he could simply be using the Iran war talk as a means to mobilize his base by invoking such a shrewd political gamble. Either way, Santorum is obviously a very dangerous person. If he truly believes his own rhetoric, then he is both idiotic and incapable of serving as President in any real sense. Indeed, if this is the case, then he would also be a prime candidate for the office of “puppet president” which is essentially the role that the winner of the next election will play regardless.

Nevertheless, if Santorum does not believe his own rhetoric and is using his incendiary statements as a political ploy, then he is nothing more than liar with psychopathic tendencies, a quality that would also make him a prime candidate for the position of “puppet president.”

In the end, Santorum’s own personal belief in his policies matters very little, because genuine belief in a foolhardy venture will not save a single life after one has embarked upon it.

The fact is that Santorum’s claims regarding Iran are patently false.  Take a moment to watch this video of Santorum debating Ron Paul regarding Paul’s rational policy of non-intervention in Iran as well other nations. In the debate, Santorum suggests that Iran has been at war with the United States since 1979, a relatively typical claim made by those beating the Iran war drums and by those individuals who have no knowledge of history.

Thankfully, Paul points out that the conflict between the U.S. and Iran actually began in 1953, when the United States overthrew the democratically elected President and installed the Shah as part of Operation Ajax.

Santorum has long been a leading provocateur in regards to war with Iran. As far back as 2005, when he was a U.S. senator in Pennsylvania, Santorum sponsored a bill called the Iran Freedom and Support Act, which made U.S. policy officially that of sanctions against Iran, promoting regime change, and supporting insurgency groups inside the country with the purpose of overthrowing the Iranian government yet again. This act, which passed and became law in 2006, was criticized by Congressman Dennis Kucinich on the floor of the House as “nothing more than a stepping-stone to war.”

Of course, Kucinich was absolutely correct in this assertion. However, many, especially the Iranians, might consider the open funding of destabilization efforts to be more than just a stepping-stone.  There are many who would suggest that it is actually an overt act of war.

Ironically, in its attempt to destabilize Iran, the US government has been recruiting members of terrorist organizations like the MEK and creating spin-off groups from these organizations for different purposes in the region.  The MEK was the organization involved in the takeover of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran in 1979, one of the incidents that Santorum has been so adamant about during his campaign.

Regardless of his past, Santorum has continued his sabre-rattling against Iran in recent appearances on mainstream media outlets, campaign stops, and political debates. He has openly advocated bombing Iran if the nation did not cave in to his unreasonable demands should he become president. Santorum has also declared his undying support for Israel in the event that it should attack Iran (or be attacked itself).

Santorum’s hatred is not isolated to Iran, however. In 2003, Santorum sponsored another bill entitled, the Syria Accountability and Lebanese Sovereignty Restoration Act, which was similar in scope to the Iran Freedom and Support Act in that it involved the implementation of economic sanctions against Syria for its alleged “support for terrorism” and attempt to “develop weapons of mass destruction.” If all of this sounds very familiar, that’s because it is. Erroneous claims and imperialist legislation like these preceded the invasion of Iraq years ago.

Santorum has since been very vocal in his calls for the resignation of Syrian President, Bashar al-Assad, and has remained in support of the U.S. destabilization efforts ongoing today.

Santorum was also supportive of the horrific and devastating destabilization and destruction of Libya, criticizing Obama for not doing more than he was already doing with NATO forces to eradicate the living standards of the Libyan people and subsequently install a fundamentalist regime based on Sharia law.

Obviously, the senator was also in favor of the Iraq war, even going so far as to appear on national television and suggest that weapons of mass destruction were found Iraq. For all the hype, however, it turns out Santorum was citing a report that described the recovery of degraded, pre-1991 weapons that were examined and clearly dismissed as anything that wasn’t already declared by the Iraqi government. Even the Bush administration didn’t grasp on to that straw.

Indeed, Santorum does not seem to be above suggesting military conflict with almost any nation for almost any reason with Israel being the lone exception.  Over the last ten years, Santorum has supported physical conflict with virtually every nation with which the United States has developed tensions.

With his enthusiastic support of the global war on terror, it is obvious that the American people are not beyond the scope of Santorum’s war-making ambitions either, particularly after the signing of the NDAA which gives the military the right to detain American citizens indefinitely with no due process of law and defines the Homeland (formerly known as America) to be a battlefield.

With such a minimalist track record of intellectual capabilities, as well as a consistent track record of warmongering, there is little reason that Santorum should be surging in the polls. Nor is there any legitimate reason that he should even be considered by the American voter.

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

Offline MonkeyPuppet

• aut libertas aut mors
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 01:35:39 pm »

What would be more beneficial for this Republic on-the-whole is the American People realizing that the vast majority of candidate talking points (the shit that "resonates" with people) is not only empty rhetoric, but has NO PLACE in the FEDERAL arena in the first place.  Until the People realize this, such nonsense will continue to fill the airwaves and reduce debates and speeches to what true patriots interpret as "goo goo ga ga".

Sure, perhaps some people would snap the f**k out of their trance on one issue or another, but make sure it's not "gay marriage", "job creation" or some other nonsense.  What's at stake here is far more important... liberty.  You cannot have personal liberty without economic liberty, and vice-versa.  There is but one voice making the case for liberty at present.

Right now, what I'm finding the biggest hurdle of all with regard to those who otherwise consider themselves "conservative", is the Iran issue.  A friend and previously anti-Paul "Republican", he's now agreeing with RP... on all but Iran.  It's due to ignorance for sure, but everyone is seeing that domestically, there is no competition here.  Teach some history and maybe they'll come around... I've almost got this friend of mine to see the light... using nothing more than Ron Paul's speeches in Congress discussing this issue in the context of both the detriment it brings to our financial and sovereign security.

What makes such an enlightenment that much more rewarding?  This otherwise dazed sheep came to me looking for more information to support his new-found sight 8)  Be the voice of truth and they'll come to you eventually.  Bashing them over the had with it before that point typically triggers their TV programming... resulting in a "terrible-twos"-like tantrum with their fingers in their ears.

Offline TonkaTim

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 01:56:12 pm »
What would be more beneficial for this Republic on-the-whole is the American People realizing that the vast majority of candidate talking points (the shit that "resonates" with people) is not only empty rhetoric, but has NO PLACE in the FEDERAL arena in the first place.  Until the People realize this, such nonsense will continue to fill the airwaves and reduce debates and speeches to what true patriots interpret as "goo goo ga ga".

Sure, perhaps some people would snap the f**k out of their trance on one issue or another, but make sure it's not "gay marriage", "job creation" or some other nonsense.  What's at stake here is far more important... liberty.  You cannot have personal liberty without economic liberty, and vice-versa.  There is but one voice making the case for liberty at present.

Right now, what I'm finding the biggest hurdle of all with regard to those who otherwise consider themselves "conservative", is the Iran issue.  A friend and previously anti-Paul "Republican", he's now agreeing with RP... on all but Iran.  It's due to ignorance for sure, but everyone is seeing that domestically, there is no competition here.  Teach some history and maybe they'll come around... I've almost got this friend of mine to see the light... using nothing more than Ron Paul's speeches in Congress discussing this issue in the context of both the detriment it brings to our financial and sovereign security.

What makes such an enlightenment that much more rewarding?  This otherwise dazed sheep came to me looking for more information to support his new-found sight 8)  Be the voice of truth and they'll come to you eventually.  Bashing them over the had with it before that point typically triggers their TV programming... resulting in a "terrible-twos"-like tantrum with their fingers in their ears.

I completely agree with you on the Iran issue. It is being blown way out of proportion. There is a great deal going on  behind the scenes that corporate media is not discussing on talking head tv leaving the average individual way uninformed.

Offline TonkaTim

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 02:09:53 pm »
I completely agree with you on the Iran issue. It is being blown way out of proportion. There is a great deal going on  behind the scenes that corporate media is not discussing on talking head tv leaving the average individual way uninformed.

This is a partial re-pos I made on another forum board which lays out much of my analysis regarding Iran's sabre rattling.

"China & foreign countries no longer really buying/holding our federal debt. (http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/29/us-usa-fed-foreigners-idUSTRE7BS16120111229). The  Federal Reserve has been monetizing because the foreign nations are not investing in the Dollar. Dr. Paul was on the cutting edge on this, but today I heard Newt on C-Span talking about it and sounding a lot like Dr. Paul. Most of the candidates are moving closer & closer to Dr. Paul's positions.

The only issue that is being demonized is Dr. Paul's foreign policy regarding Iran. Its not that they do not understand the position, they do. They are using the issue like a political football for political gain.

The current candidates are not stupid and are well informed on geo-politics. They know that Russia is the Iranian nuclear program. They know that China is the majority consumer of Iranian oil. They know Russia & China are linked economically as well. They know that Iran is basically a vassal state to the Chino-Russian superpower alliance. They know Russia & China will not give or allow Iran to get "the bomb" because it will destabilize their current growing economic power structure & energy needs.

China is working behind the scenes to establish its currency at the reserve currency by taking direct action against the US dollar current status.

Back in October China announced a new bank that would trade in the Yuan with an invitation towards South Korea & more importantly Japan. http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/27/us-china-asean-financial-idUSTRE79Q2F520111027

On December 25 China & Japan announced  direct trading with the Yen & the Yuan no longer trading with the US Dollar. Remember Japan is the 2cnd largest consumer of Iranian oil, now they can just buy Iranian oil from China instead of Iran.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-12-25/china-japan-to-promote-direct-trading-of-currencies-to-cut-company-costs.html

December 25 Japan also announced it would be investing in Chinese Government Bonds as well.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/25/us-japan-china-bonds-idUSTRE7BO06G20111225

December 28 Japan loans India 15 Billion to shore up Rupee against Western/European currency crisis pulling the 3rd largest Asian economy into dependency on the Japan/China alliance and way from the US.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-12-28/japan-india-seal-15-billion-currency-swap-arrangement-to-shore-up-rupee.html

These are major steps in China's growing global alliance, especially the moves that are consolidating partnerships with historical US allies such as Japan, South Korea, & India.

It was just two years ago in December that Russia & China agreed on direct trade of currency as well.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/15/business/global/15iht-ruble15.html

These are huge stories with major & lasting impacts you are not hearing discussed on corporate Talking Head TV.

Basically it is undeclared economic war on the west. An economic war that is being waged when the west is at its weakest. While folks where worried about the puppet state of Iran, China smiles. If they west follows through with sanctions on Iran, oil prices will dramatically spike. Seriously stalling the already fragile economies of the West. If the West attacks Iran, they can expect immediate economic repercussions with Iran's trading partner's, aka China & her new coalition, even further destabilizing, if not destroying the West's fragile economies.

By the way, did you know on December 7 Chinese President Hu Jintao told the Chinese military to "prepare for war"? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-16063607

Yesterday, China just warned us about our newly announced military strategy
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/07/world/asia/chinese-news-agency-xinhua-warns-us-against-militarism.html?_r=1&ref=china   "

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
BREAKING: The Rick Santorum Decption, a Penn State/Sandusky connection?
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 02:19:20 pm »
Breaking: Santorum has 2nd Mile/Sandusky connection and an early organizational relationship with Karl Rove, says Wayne Madsen on the show RIGHT NOW!!!

Oldyoti

"Liberty may be endangered by
the abuses of liberty, as well as
by the abuses of power."

~James Madison

Jordan

Re: BREAKING: The Rick Santorum Decption, a Penn State/Sandusky connection?
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 02:40:32 pm »
Breaking: Santorum has 2nd Mile/Sandusky connection and an early organizational relationship with Karl Rove, says Wayne Madsen on the show RIGHT NOW!!!

Oldyoti

"Liberty may be endangered by
the abuses of liberty, as well as
by the abuses of power."

~James Madison

Should be a link in the resource section that I can't find.

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
Re: BREAKING: The Rick Santorum Decption, a Penn State/Sandusky connection?
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 02:50:51 pm »
Should be a link in the resource section that I can't find.

This is new information... you will have to catch the re-feed for the key words...

JTCoyoté

"But a Constitution of Government once
changed from Freedom, can never be restored.
Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."
~John Adams

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 04:01:10 pm »
Rick Santorum Honored Jerry Sandusky
For Work With Children After He'd Been Accused Of Molestation

Uploaded Nov 10, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MzFOzj0sG0

starts at 2:10 into the video ...

============================

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepol...psus-sandusky/

Ex-Sen. Rick Santorum, running for the Republican presidential nomination, in 2002 nominated former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky for a “Congressional Angels in Adoption Award.” The nomination by Santorum was made in the same year that a Penn State graduate assistant spotted Sandusky allegedly performing a sex act with a young boy in a shower at the university’s athletic complex. He reported the incident a day later to head football coach Joe Paterno.

“Its philosophy is simple: It is easier to develop a child than to rehabilitate an adult,” read the citation from Santorum in an awards dinner program dated Sept. 24, 2002. The citation was referring to The Second Mile, a charity launched by Sandusky in 1977 to serve disadvantaged children. It was first reported Wednesday by the Philadelphia Inquirer. Sandusky has since been charged with multiple counts of child abuse. The university’s athletic director and a vice president have been charged with perjury. Paterno, 84, coach for more than four decades, announced on Wednesday that he will retire at the end of the year.

-------
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/a-visibly...hurch-scandal/
A Visibly Annoyed Rick Santorum Blows Off Interviewer’s Questions On Catholic Church Scandal
James Crugnale | 11:27 am, January 6th, 2012

Rick Santorum got into a testy exchange with Boston’s WBZ political analyst Jon Keller, who asked the Republican hopeful about his views on the Catholic Church sex abuse scandal. Keller had asked the former Pennsylvania Senator about his 2005 remarks, in which he said to a Catholic publication, “it is no surprise that Boston, a seat of academic, political, and cultural liberalism in America, lies at the center of the storm.”

Santorum quickly went from a smile to a scowl, as he realized what the reporter was asking him. “I’ve already answered this question a hundred times!” exclaimed Santorum. “Come on, what games are you guys playing? I’ve answered that question a hundred times.” He quickly made his way for the exit, and refused to answer more questions. Watch the altercation between Santorum and the reporter below via WBZ:

Editor note: According to the Wikipedia page on Santorum, Santorum has never apologized for those comments. In another similar interview from 2003, Santorum apparently likens sex with underaged boys - which is statutory rape, as consensual, plus several other questionable quotes from the same interview - which seems like they would need to be explained for a public figure running for political office.
ie - http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...-excerpt_x.htm

============================

Posted 4/23/2003 10:37 AM
Excerpt from Santorum interview
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-04-23-santorum-excerpt_x.htm
Posted 4/23/2003 10:37 AM
The Associated Press
An unedited section of the Associated Press interview, taped April 7, with Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pa. Words that couldn't be heard clearly on the tape are marked (unintelligible).

AP: If you're saying that liberalism is taking power away from the families, how is conservatism giving more power to the families?

SANTORUM: Putting more money in their pocketbook is one. The more money you take away from families is the less power that family has. And that's a basic power. The average American family in the 1950s paid (unintelligible)% in federal taxes. An average American family now pays about 25%.

The argument is, yes, we need to help other people. But one of the things we tried to do with welfare, and we're trying to do with other programs is, we're setting levels of expectation and responsibility, which the left never wanted to do. They don't want to judge. They say, Oh, you can't judge people. They should be able to do what they want to do. Well, not if you're taking my money and giving it to them. But it's this whole idea of moral equivalency. (unintelligible) My feeling is, well, if it's my money, I have a right to judge.

AP: Speaking of liberalism, there was a story in The Washington Post about six months ago, they'd pulled something off the Web, some article that you wrote blaming, according to The Washington Post, blaming in part the Catholic Church scandal on liberalism. Can you explain that?

SANTORUM: You have the problem within the church. Again, it goes back to this moral relativism, which is very accepting of a variety of different lifestyles. And if you make the case that if you can do whatever you want to do, as long as it's in the privacy of your own home, this "right to privacy," then why be surprised that people are doing things that are deviant within their own home? If you say, there is no deviant as long as it's private, as long as it's consensual, then don't be surprised what you get. You're going to get a lot of things that you're sending signals that as long as you do it privately and consensually, we don't really care what you do. And that leads to a culture that is not one that is nurturing and necessarily healthy. I would make the argument in areas where you have that as an accepted lifestyle, don't be surprised that you get more of it.

AP: The right to privacy lifestyle?

SANTORUM: The right to privacy lifestyle.

AP: What's the alternative?

SANTORUM: In this case, what we're talking about, basically, is priests who were having sexual relations with post-pubescent men. We're not talking about priests with 3-year-olds, or 5-year-olds. We're talking about a basic homosexual relationship. Which, again, according to the world view sense is a a perfectly fine relationship as long as it's consensual between people. If you view the world that way, and you say that's fine, you would assume that you would see more of it.

AP: Well, what would you do?

SANTORUM: What would I do with what?

AP: I mean, how would you remedy? What's the alternative?

SANTORUM: First off, I don't believe —

AP: I mean, should we outlaw homosexuality?

SANTORUM: I have no problem with homosexuality. I have a problem with homosexual acts. As I would with acts of other, what I would consider to be, acts outside of traditional heterosexual relationships. And that includes a variety of different acts, not just homosexual. I have nothing, absolutely nothing against anyone who's homosexual. If that's their orientation, then I accept that. And I have no problem with someone who has other orientations. The question is, do you act upon those orientations? So it's not the person, it's the person's actions. And you have to separate the person from their actions.

AP: OK, without being too gory or graphic, so if somebody is homosexual, you would argue that they should not have sex?

SANTORUM: We have laws in states, like the one at the Supreme Court right now, that has sodomy laws and they were there for a purpose. Because, again, I would argue, they undermine the basic tenets of our society and the family. And if the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything. Does that undermine the fabric of our society? I would argue yes, it does. It all comes from, I would argue, this right to privacy that doesn't exist in my opinion in the United States Constitution, this right that was created, it was created in Griswold — Griswold was the contraceptive case — and abortion. And now we're just extending it out. And the further you extend it out, the more you — this freedom actually intervenes and affects the family. You say, well, it's my individual freedom. Yes, but it destroys the basic unit of our society because it condones behavior that's antithetical to strong healthy families. Whether it's polygamy, whether it's adultery, where it's sodomy, all of those things, are antithetical to a healthy, stable, traditional family.

Every society in the history of man has upheld the institution of marriage as a bond between a man and a woman. Why? Because society is based on one thing: that society is based on the future of the society. And that's what? Children. Monogamous relationships. In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That's not to pick on homosexuality. It's not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be. It is one thing. And when you destroy that you have a dramatic impact on the quality —

AP: I'm sorry, I didn't think I was going to talk about "man on dog" with a United States senator, it's sort of freaking me out.

SANTORUM: And that's sort of where we are in today's world, unfortunately. The idea is that the state doesn't have rights to limit individuals' wants and passions. I disagree with that. I think we absolutely have rights because there are consequences to letting people live out whatever wants or passions they desire. And we're seeing it in our society.

AP: Sorry, I just never expected to talk about that when I came over here to interview you. Would a President Santorum eliminate a right to privacy — you don't agree with it?

SANTORUM: I've been very clear about that. The right to privacy is a right that was created in a law that set forth a (ban on) rights to limit individual passions. And I don't agree with that. So I would make the argument that with President, or Senator or Congressman or whoever Santorum, I would put it back to where it is, the democratic process. If New York doesn't want sodomy laws, if the people of New York want abortion, fine. I mean, I wouldn't agree with it, but that's their right. But I don't agree with the Supreme Court coming in.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

~ Thomas Paine, A Dissertation on the First Principles of Government, 1795

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
Media Ignores Santorum’s Support For Accused Child Molester Sandusky
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 12:56:30 am »
http://www.prisonplanet.com/media-ignores-santorums-support-for-accused-child-molester-sandusky.html

Media Ignores Santorum’s Support For Accused Child Molester Sandusky

Ron Paul hounded while Scandal that undermines Santorum’s “family values” swept aside

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Monday, January 9, 2012

While the establishment media has ceaselessly smeared Ron Paul for the controversial content of decades-old newsletters that were not even written by him, the comparatively shocking scandal of Rick Santorum having sponsored alleged child molester Jerry Sandusky has been almost universally ignored.

Santorum, who has cultivated an image as a clean-cut social conservative trumpeting family values, nominated Sandusky for a “Congressional Angels in Adoption Award,” after Sandusky had already been accused of at least five cases of child molestation.

“Its philosophy is simple,” said Santorum of Sandusky’s charity, “It is easier to develop a child than to rehabilitate an adult.”

“Since the scandal broke into the news, Santorum has been circumspect in his comments about it. He has said he does not know Sandusky personally,” the Philadelphia Inquirer reported back on November 9.

Following the revelation of the charge that a Penn State graduate assistant spotted Sandusky allegedly anally raping a young boy in a shower and then told head football coach Joe Paterno, Santorum defended Paterno, who did not inform the police of the alleged incident.

Despite Santorum’s surge before last week’s Iowa Republican primary that enabled him to virtually tie with Mitt Romney in first, the establishment media has uniformly failed to highlight how his sponsorship of Sandusky underscores Santorum’s hypocrisy when it comes to “family values”.

On the other hand, Congressman Ron Paul has been hounded by the media for weeks about the contents of decades-old newsletters that were not even written by him.

Almost every day, the corporate media contrives to manufacture a new smear against Ron Paul – today it’s the ludicrous claim that Paul was to blame for having to abandon a meet and greet at a New Hampshire diner after the media itself caused a fracas.

And yet establishment candidates such as Santorum and Romney have virtually been given a free pass despite their past associations and policies being far more odious and abhorrent to conservative values than Paul, who has the most conservative voting record in Congress.

“Why has Rick Santorum not been questioned about his connections and support of Jerry Sandusky?,” asks the Daily Paul.

“Ron Paul overlooked a couple sentences that went into his newsletter decades ago, and has been scrutinized and questioned repeatedly about it for the last 14 years.”

“So why not the same scrutiny for Santorum’s sponsorship of Sandusky to receive the congressional angels in adoption award? Paul has disavowed anything to do with the racism that appeared in his newsletter which he never knew about, but we still haven’t heard if Santorum disavows his outright honor of Sandusky.”

Jordan

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 01:46:05 am »
In 2006, Santorum was the one who made the announcement that WMDs had been found in Iraq.

Jun 21, 2006 at 6:54 pm

Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA) took to the microphone today to announce a shocking discovery — that WMD have been found in Iraq:

Congressman Hoekstra and I are here today to say that we have found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, chemical weapons. “¦ Since 2003, coalition forces have recovered approximately 500 weapons munitions which contain degraded mustard or sarin nerve agent. Despite many efforts to locate and destroy Iraq’s pre-Gulf War chemical munitions, filled and unfilled pre-Gulf War chemical munitions are assessed to still exist.

The Bush administration commissioned the Iraq Survey Group to determine whether in fact any WMD existed in Iraq. After a year and half of meticulously combing through the country, here’s what the administration’s own inspectors reported:

While a small number of old, abandoned chemical munitions have been discovered, ISG judges that Iraq unilaterally destroyed its undeclared chemical weapons stockpile in 1991. There are no credible Indications that Baghdad resumed production of chemical munitions thereafter, a policy ISG attributes to Baghdad’s desire to see sanctions lifted, or rendered ineffectual, or its fear of force against it should WMD be discovered.

The White House should immediately announce whether it stands with Santorum or whether it stands behind the review conducted by Charles Duelfer and the Iraq Survey Group. Recall, in October 2004, Bush said of Duelfer’s analysis:

The chief weapons inspector, Charles Duelfer, has now issued a comprehensive report that confirms the earlier conclusion of David Kay that Iraq did not have the weapons that our intelligence believed were there.

Fox News isn’t waiting for an administration statement. Their right wing pundits are already peddling the story as truth. Host John Gibson: “Sen. Rick Santorum announcing a startling find … In fact, WMDs were found in Iraq.”

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2006/06/21/5918/santorum-wmd/?mobile=nc

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 07:55:52 am »
Santorum Walks Out on Reporter Asking About Priest Sex Abuse Scandal
Posted on January 7, 2012 by Conservative Byte

http://conservativebyte.com/2012/01/santorum-walks-out-on-reporter-asking-about-priest-sex-abuse-scandal/

Rick Santorum, riding his razor-thin loss to Mitt Romney in Iowa, nevertheless has experienced a somewhat different reception in New Hampshire ahead of the state’s first-in-the-nation primary Tuesday.

After getting booed during a town hall Thursday for his answer to a gay marriage question, Santorum later walked out on a reporter asking him about past comments he’s made regarding the Catholic Church sex abuse scandal.
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

~ Thomas Paine, A Dissertation on the First Principles of Government, 1795

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
Santorum: Eradicate the Muslims
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 02:11:46 pm »
http://www.prisonplanet.com/santorum-eradicate-the-muslims.html

Santorum: Eradicate the Muslims

Kurt Nimmo
Prison Planet.com
January 11, 2012

On Sunday, Ron Paul’s campaign announced it will not contest Florida and will concentrate instead on South Carolina and Nevada.

“It’s such an expensive state, and with their delegates cut in half, the math just doesn’t make any sense,” said Paul’s campaign spokesman Jesse Benton. “We’re a delegate-focused campaign. We’re focused on winning the 1,150 delegates to secure the nomination. And the amount of resources and time it would take to compete for those 50 delegates just didn’t make sense to us.”

There are other reasons for Ron Paul to contest Florida – it is considered evangelical territory locked up by Rick Santorum, who placed a dismal fifth place in New Hampshire.

Polls are notoriously inaccurate, even misleading, but a recent one indicates the Christian Zionist vote will go to Rick Santorum, who has consistently pandered to evangelicals.

“Rick Santorum is the clear winner of Christian voters nationwide, receiving nearly double the number of votes of any other candidate with 41%,” a ChristianNewsWire press release states.

“In the weeks ahead I would not be surprised to see Santorum emerge from South Carolina as the favorite candidate of Christian voters, going into Florida and then Super Tuesday across America, with Newt Gingrich a close second, and nobody else close,” predicted Chaplain Gordon James Klingenschmitt of The Pray In Jesus Name Project.

The number of so-called Christian Zionists is estimated at around 40 million.

“Christian Zionism is support for the Jewish movement to regain possession of their ancient homeland, which derives from a Christian theology and understanding of the Bible,” writes Nathan Pitchford. Christian Zionism “affects a large percentage of American Christianity,” Pitchford continues. “This is not a fringe movement, even in its more extreme varieties, but is embraced by a wide selection of Christians from various denominations within Fundamentalism and Evangelicalism.”

Since at least 2006, Christian Zionists have lobbied for an attack on Iran. The neocons who attached themselves to the Bush administration and ensconced themselves in the Pentagon were joined by the Christian Zionists in the effort to invade Iraq.

Rick Santorum, more than any other GOP candidate, has exploited the fervent antipathy of the Christian Zionists toward Islam.

While the establishment media has hounded Ron Paul over the red herring of supposedly racist newsletters attributed to him, it has all but ignored Santorum’s hate tinged diatribes directed against Islam.

“In 2007, a few months after Santorum was ousted from the Senate in a landslide defeat, he accepted an invitation from right-wing provocateur David Horowitz,” writes Max Blumenthal, who is no friend of Ron Paul and the liberty movement.

During the event, Santorum said European Muslims will soon create “Eurabia” and displace European culture. The “Shia brand of Islamic Islam” (sic) wants to “bring back the Mahdi,” Santorum said. “And do you know when the Mahdi returns? At the Apocalypse at the end of the world. You see, they are not interested in conquering the world; they are interested in destroying the world.”

In order to win the contrived war against Islam, Santorum said we “must educate, engage, evangelize and eradicate.” (Emphasis added.)

“Americans need to ask themselves if they want a president, or even a presidential candidate who’s talked dead-seriously about engaging in a holy war with an entire religion consisting of hundreds of millions of adherents,” writes blogger David Silverstein. “Is this really what they want? Endless war against Islam? And for what? Republicans who like what they’re hearing from Santorum these days because he’s a family values guy should think whether these are the sort of family values they want their president to espouse.”

It may not be the sort of president Americans want. However, it will be the kind they will get if they elect anybody but Ron Paul in November.

[Continued...]

Offline MonkeyPuppet

• aut libertas aut mors
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2012, 02:30:49 pm »

Santorum is a would-be Christian terrorist who is looking to use the U.S. military to commit violence, murder and to terrorize the world into compliance with HIS interpretation of scripture.

He is "kill brown people", "God Hates Fags", and "an opportunity for a New World Order" all wrapped up in one package.

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 02:41:08 pm »
He is "kill brown people", "God Hates Fags", and "an opportunity for a New World Order" all wrapped up in one package.

And millions of warmongering Paulists "Christians" absolutely love him for it.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/vance/vance87.html
       http://www.lewrockwell.com/vance/vance123.html
       http://www.antiwar.com/orig/dow.php?articleid=4127
       http://www.antiwar.com/orig/whitehurst.php?articleid=3842
       http://www.infowars.com/are-evangelical-christians-warmongers/

Disgusting beyond words.

Jordan

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 06:35:58 pm »
Rick Santorum: Dead Foreign Scientists Are A 'Wonderful Thing' (Video)

"On occasion scientists working on the nuclear program in Iran turn up dead. I think that's a wonderful thing, candidly," said Rick Santorum at a recent campaign stop in Greenville, South Carolina.
But it isn't just dead Iranian scientists that gladden Santorum's heart.
He continued: "I think we should send a very clear message that if you are a scientist from Russia, North Korea, or from Iran and you are going to work on a nuclear program to develop a bomb for Iran, you are not safe."
Santorum offers these comments while Defense Secretary Leon Panetta is in Pyongyang conducting diplomatic talks with North Korea. Panetta is trying to bring North Korea back to its former commitment to disarmament in exchange for foreign aid and the negotiation has been difficult.
Here is hoping that Rick Santorum's comments don't get Leon Panetta kidnapped. Watch the video below.

http://www.businessinsider.com/rick-santorum-dead-north-korean-scientists-are-a-wonderful-thing-2011-10

Offline Pupil

• Galactic Defender Zik!
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 01:38:05 pm »
More of the copious dirt on Santorum, some of which is duplicated from the above.  I'm pasting this from a debate with my aunt who is supporting him.

One of the most corrupt:
http://www.citizensforethics.org/index.php/press/entry/crew-releases-second-annual-most-corrupt-members-of-congress-report/

Gave award to Sandusky after he'd been charged:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MzFOzj0sG0&t=2m4s

Lied about WMDs in Iraq:
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2006/06/21/5918/santorum-wmd/

Dead Forgien Scientists are "A Wonderful Thing"
http://www.businessinsider.com/rick-santorum-dead-north-korean-scientists-are-a-wonderful-thing-2011-10

Would bomb Iran:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8P4xpxwPQk&t=3m10s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcLBV0o7Oz8&t=3m24s

Not even on Virginia, Indiana, DC ballots:
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/ballot-2012/2012/02/03/rick-santorum-doesnt-qualify-for-indiana-ballot

Racist:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7393607n
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/22/rick-santorum-racial-profiling_n_1108984.html

Only truthful half the time?
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/rick-santorum/

Lies about Paul, defends assassination of US citizen:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/64882.html

Positioned himself as a moderate in 2006:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/02/santorum_the_good_son_not_so_much.html
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/rick-santorum-mr-bipartisan-compromise-and-mr-pro-wrestling/

Supported Pro-abortion Spectre:
http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Santorum-Haunted-Pro-abortion-Specter/2011/12/31/id/422684

Supported Romney in 2008:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/13/rick-santorum-mitt-romney_n_1009725.html?ref=mostpopular

#1 most lobbied member in 2006:
http://www.opensecrets.org/industries/recips.php?Ind=K02&cycle=2006

K-Street man:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K_Street_Project#Republicans_distance_themselves

Voeted to bail out airlines:
http://www.votesmart.org/bill/votes/7696

Voted to create TSA:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h107-5005

Anti 2nd amendment:
http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=104&session=2&vote=00289

Voted for No Child Left Behind:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h107-1

Voted for Patriot Act:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h107-3162

Voted for creation of DHS:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h107-5005

Voted to expand prescription drug entitlements with his support of Medicare Part D, which is now a $7 Trillion unfunded liability.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h108-1

...why? Here's a clue - he's big pharma's man:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/11/23/leaked-drug-company-memo-_n_34802.html

Defends foreign aid:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08219/902030-35.stm#ixzz1iXeCAjpG

Thinks America is about "imposing values" on others:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/12/29/santorum-marriage-prevents-poverty-unless-youre-gay/

Charity Scam:
http://prospect.org/article/sour-charity

PAC scam:
http://prospect.org/article/little-help-his-friends

Cyber-schooling scam:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_274635.html

Mr. Wal Mart:
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/attytood/Sen_Rick_Santorum_R-Wal-Mart.html

Voted to increase debt ceiling 5 times:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnlBFFAejXw

More on his very liberal voting record:
http://libertycounselaction.org/content/home/32905/rick_santorum_s_voting_record

Supported individual health care mandate:
http://articles.mcall.com/1994-05-02/news/2979474_1_cooper-grandy-health-reform-employees-premiums/2

Jordan

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2012, 03:13:02 pm »
Rick Santorum Campaigns With Mitt Romney for Mitt Romney in 2008

http://youtu.be/iu50Hb61jVQ

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012, 07:04:01 pm »
On today's show, the 22nd of February, Gerald Celente went into a 2 minute raging monologue dressing down the "choirboy" from Pennsylvania and his constant vain use of Jesus Christ as the tool to push his brand of global agenda...

The Obama administration has given Libya and Egypt to the Muslim Brotherhood (alQaeda/globalist controlled opposition by another name) as a straw-red-herring, a control to give Santorum/Romney a straw-man to shoot at regarding Obama's questionable loyalty in the War on Terror. All of this is to rally the unknowing folks around them instead of Ron Paul. The folks being unaware that Dr. Paul has the antidote, unaware that the whole thing is scripted to keep them in terror of Sharia Law, the Muslim, and firmly behind the wars...

The more folks we awaken to this sting, this fraud, the quicker it will crumble... we don't have much time.

JTCoyoté

"If men, through fear, fraud, or mistake,
should in terms renounce or give up any
natural right...The right to freedom being
the gift of God, it is not in the power of
man to alienate this gift and voluntarily
become a slave."
~Samuel Adams
The Father of the American Rebellion
and War for Independence

Offline Constitutionary

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 07:27:49 pm »
It is great seeing people waking up to Globalist politicians.

As I keep telling people on other forums if you look long and hard enough you'll find some Globalist connection with every shill they put forth.

They can't keep their Globalist roots secret in the age of the internet.

Jordan

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 07:33:58 pm »
Santorum: JFK's 1960 speech on separation of church and state 'makes me want to throw up'

Republican presidential primary hopeful Rick Santorum said he doesn’t believe in the separation of church and state, noting that a speech on the topic by former President John F. Kennedy makes him want to “throw up.”

“I don’t believe that the separation of church and state is absolute,” Santorum said in an interview today on ABC’s “This Week” program. “The First Amendment means the free exercise of religion and that means bringing people and their faith into the public square.”

Santorum, 53, made the comments in an interview from Michigan, where he is campaigning ahead of the Republican primary this week. Polls show a close race there against Mitt Romney who spent his boyhood in the state and where his father, George Romney, served as governor and an automobile company chief executive officer.

Santorum said Kennedy’s 1960 speech in Houston about the separation of church and state, was an “absolutist doctrine” that he disagrees with.

“To say that people of faith have no role in the public square? What makes me throw up is someone who is now trying to tell people that you will do what the government says,” Santorum said. “That now we’re going to turn around and impose our values from the government on people of faith.”

Santorum said “there are people I disagree with. Come into our town hall meetings and let’s have a discussion. Air your ideas and why you believe what you believe.”

“That’s what America is all about -- bringing in that diversity,” the former Pennsylvania senator said. “What we saw in Kennedy’s speech was just the opposite and that’s what’s so upsetting about it.”

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-02-26/santorum-says-separation-of-church-and-state-isn-t-absolute.html

Offline pac522

• Peace sells, but who's buying?
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 11:48:47 pm »
All of this ammo and Ron Paul summed him up in one word, like he wasn't even worth the effort to dress down, FAKE!
This country did not achieve greatness with the mindset of "safety first" but rather "live free or die".

Truth is the currency of love. R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution!

We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.  ~EvadingGrid

The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
In 2006, Rick Santorum was voted one of the three most corrupt U.S. Senators!!!
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2012, 03:54:17 am »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/09/20/20-most-corrupt-members-o_n_29863.html

20 Most Corrupt Members Of Congress: Burns, Frist, Santorum, Doolittle, Jefferson, Harris...

TheHuffingtonPost.com
September 20, 2006

Today, the Center For Responsibility And Ethics In Washington released its second annual survey of the twenty most corrupt members of Congress, aptly named "Beyond DeLay: The 20 Most Corrupt Members of Congress (and five to watch)."

CREW inventoried the "transgressions" of each member of Congress under the microscope of federal law and congressional rules.

Some highlights:

-The three most corrupt Senate members are the infamous Conrad Burns (R-MT), Bill Frist (R-TN), and Rick Santorum (R-PA)

-Seventeen of the twenty "Most Corrupt" politicians are Republicans

-Four of the "Five Members To Watch" are Republicans

-All but one of the 25 Members of Congress included on the list are up for re-election

The Full List:

[Continued...]

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2012, 04:05:24 am »
Republican presidential primary hopeful Rick Santorum said he doesn’t believe in the separation of church and state, noting that a speech on the topic by former President John F. Kennedy makes him want to “throw up.”

Rick Santorum makes me want to throw up.

I'll take JFK over that warmongering fascist any day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQYrBQzfOuo

As to the issue of church and state, here's what Santorum and the "Christian" Mafia don't want you to read:

http://www.theocracywatch.org/separation_church_state2.htm

Offline All4truth

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2012, 07:50:52 am »
Rick Santorum makes me want to throw up.

I'll take JFK over that warmongering fascist any day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQYrBQzfOuo

As to the issue of church and state, here's what Santorum and the "Christian" Mafia don't want you to read:

http://www.theocracywatch.org/separation_church_state2.htm

This seems to be the "in" thing in Washington.

Hillary Clinton:

"Through all of her years in Washington, Clinton has been an active participant in conservative Bible study and prayer circles that are part of a secretive Capitol Hill group known as the Fellowship. Her collaborations with right-wingers such as Senator Sam Brownback (R-Kan.) and former Senator Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) grow in part from that connection."

http://motherjones.com/politics/2007/09/hillarys-prayer-hillary-clintons-religion-and-politics

They Want a Theocracy: The Family part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYeGR7O1lKI

part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_Zaxeu7CtA

Offline adissenter2

• Revolt Time
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2012, 08:35:43 am »
deeper yet on Geolibs post

2006- 20 Most Corrupt Members Of Congress: Burns, Frist, Santorum,
http://www.crewsmostcorrupt.org/mostcorrupt/entry/most-corrupt-2006

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! Molon Labe! Come and take them!

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2012, 03:41:16 am »
They Want a Theocracy: The Family part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYeGR7O1lKI

part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_Zaxeu7CtA

Thanks for posting the above, because I wasn't aware that this had gotten coverage in the corporate media.

Offline a ReVoLuTIONarY ideA

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2012, 06:57:03 pm »
Santorum dropped from the race today.  Gee, I wonder who he is going to endorse...?

Santorum drops out, clearing the way for Romney

Rick Santorum cleared the way for Mitt Romney to claim victory in the long and hard-fought battle for the Republican presidential nomination Tuesday, giving up his "against all odds" campaign as Romney's tenacious conservative rival.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PRESIDENTIAL_CAMPAIGN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-04-10-18-32-36

Convenient timing...