Tim Tebow uses Romans 13 to justify kids being suspended for tebowing.

Author Topic: Tim Tebow uses Romans 13 to justify kids being suspended for tebowing.  (Read 2966 times)

Offline IridiumKEPfactor

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tim-tebow-denver-broncos-students-tebowing-suspended-Long-Island-Riverhead-High-School-continue-outside-school-121711/

Though he is impressed by their courage, Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow is asking high school students who have been punished for Tebowing at school to play by the rules.

"You have to respect the position of authority and people that God's put as authority over you," Tebow said. "So that's part of it and just finding the right place and the right time to do things is part of it, too. But I think it does show courage from the kids, standing out and doing that, and some boldness."

He was speaking about 17-year-old twin brothers who were suspended by their Long Island high school this week for their salute to the Jesus-loving NFL quarterback.

I have a feeling Tebow is going to bow to the police state and to the jackbooted thugs when it is his time because they have authority over him.

Offline America2

• Romans 10:9-10 King James Version
Re: Tim Tebow uses Romans 13 to justify kids being suspended for tebowing.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 06:26:59 pm »
I watch the games every week, however, the entire system is rigged, and it wouldn't surprise me if alot of these upper-echelon athletes are on the MK Mind Control program, including Tebow.

I'm in North Texas, and there's this Dallas Cowboys player(Tony Romo) who came out of a small college undrafted, but somehow he's emerged as one of the "elite" players, and at the same time he's dated all these Illuminati-mind controlled celebs(Carrie Underwood and Jessica Simpson). No, none of this is any kind of coincidence.

Anyhow, no, I don't buy that Tebow is this born again Christian - we've heard these (fake)testimonies many times from politicians and celebs alike, and they all proved to bear rotten fruit.

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 06:32:00 pm »
I watch the games every week, however, the entire system is rigged, and it wouldn't surprise me if alot of these upper-echelon athletes are on the MK Mind Control program, including Tebow.

I'm in North Texas, and there's this Dallas Cowboys player(Tony Romo) who came out of a small college undrafted, but somehow he's emerged as one of the "elite" players, and at the same time he's dated all these Illuminati-mind controlled celebs(Carrie Underwood and Jessica Simpson). No, none of this is any kind of coincidence.

Anyhow, no, I don't buy that Tebow is this born again Christian - we've heard these (fake)testimonies many times from politicians and celebs alike, and they all proved to bear rotten fruit.

Do a search on OJ Simpson MK Ultra
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline John_Back_From_The_Club_O

• From Hell to Veins
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 06:45:57 pm »
Do a search on OJ Simpson MK Ultra
:D  Yeah, Tebow's mother is right out of the 'Stepford Wives' sci-fi.

Well, at least the TSA now has it's NFL spokesman on 'authority'.

Offline America2

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 02:26:13 pm »
Psyop on MINDLESS / CLUELESS America...

Spreading on the web...

Poll shows Tebow haters are Ron Paul supporters. ::)
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=Tebow+haters+Ron+Paul&gbv=2&oq=Tebow+haters+Ron+Paul&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=3843l11322l0l13120l21l18l0l6l0l1l618l1246l3-2.0.1l3l0

Well, the so-called "evangelical right" loved Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush, so I guess this should say how really screwed up these "polls" are.

Offline The Way of Things

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 07:18:47 pm »
He also said, "So that's part of it and just finding the right place and the right time to do things is part of it, too. But I think it does show courage from the kids, standing out and doing that, and some boldness."

The author of the original post (and several posters who posted afterwards) certainly is reading very deeply into the first part of Tim Tebow's quote. If you insist upon doing so, why are you not also looking just as deeply into the rest of his quote? Is there not at least a bit of legitimacy and truth in the entirety of Tebow's quote? Perhaps you graduated from the Fox News School of Editorializing?  /golfclap

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 08:13:25 pm »
Unbelievable mind control op

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2011/12/four-teens-suspended-for-tebowing-at-school/

While it seems like defenses can’t stop the Tim Tebow madness from happening, Riverhead High School principal put an end to the ‘Tebowing’ craze. According to Yahoo! nearly 40 students decided to bow down in the hallway to pay homage between classes, and do the Tim Tebow pose.

The school suspended four students who they believed organized the impromptu celebration for one day saying they were ‘blocking the schools hallways’.

Conner and Tyler Carroll who both play on the football team, Wayne Drexel and Jordan Fulcoly were the four students disciplined

Offline America2

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 09:07:25 pm »
He also said, "So that's part of it and just finding the right place and the right time to do things is part of it, too. But I think it does show courage from the kids, standing out and doing that, and some boldness."

The author of the original post (and several posters who posted afterwards) certainly is reading very deeply into the first part of Tim Tebow's quote. If you insist upon doing so, why are you not also looking just as deeply into the rest of his quote? Is there not at least a bit of legitimacy and truth in the entirety of Tebow's quote? Perhaps you graduated from the Fox News School of Editorializing?  /golfclap

Yes, he's saying one thing, but spitting something else out of the other side of his mouth. A double minded man is unstable in all of his ways...

BTW - Broncos LOST today.

Offline HAZMAT

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 09:20:27 pm »

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2011/12/four-teens-suspended-for-tebowing-at-school/

While it seems like defenses can’t stop the Tim Tebow madness from happening, Riverhead High School principal put an end to the ‘Tebowing’ craze. According to Yahoo! nearly 40 students decided to bow down in the hallway to pay homage between classes, and do the Tim Tebow pose.

The school suspended four students who they believed organized the impromptu celebration for one day saying they were ‘blocking the schools hallways’.

Conner and Tyler Carroll who both play on the football team, Wayne Drexel and Jordan Fulcoly were the four students disciplined

Is this in Riverside Ga? I am just wondering because thats where im from and I haven't heard anything about this.

Offline America2

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 09:27:18 pm »
Is this in Riverside Ga? I am just wondering because thats where im from and I haven't heard anything about this.

OP says Long Island, NY.

Offline John_Back_From_The_Club_O

• From Hell to Veins
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 12:50:13 am »

The REALITY of the above goes FAR BEYOND 'TEBOWING'. 'TEBOWING' is ANYTHING that people do in mass based off of what the 'lame stream media' TOLD THEM TO DO / THINK / SAY..

Example:
EVERYBODY in America during the 1980's was 'tebowing' when they were cheerleading the off-shoring of all their industries and 'TEBOWING' back what the lame stream media said as to why it was so wonderful to do so.  

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 06:41:25 am »

The author of the original post (and several posters who posted afterwards) certainly is reading very deeply into the first part of Tim Tebow's quote. If you insist upon doing so, why are you not also looking just as deeply into the rest of his quote? Is there not at least a bit of legitimacy and truth in the entirety of Tebow's quote? Perhaps you graduated from the Fox News School of Editorializing?  /golfclap

I get what your saying, and I agree that some are being selective due to their own bias. But then that is how it's always been towards people who openly display some kind of Christianity. In that sense, the scriptures are proven true yet again, as the hatred and tribulation that a person goes through in this world is exactly as Jesus said it would be, so in that regard I rejoice as a Christian, that whether in pretence or in truth, Christ is preached. (Philippians 1:18)

So the media, being worldy, only sees this story as the latest pitch, but will quickly move on to the next story of the week. But what won't hcange is how the world presents Christianity. It will always be presented from an unbelieving position because quite frankly the world doesn't believe and Tebow is just another target for it's disdain for the truth. This isn't a story about a player in the NFL folks. This literally is a battle between good and evil. And the winner doesn't get a silver football in the end, only to have to do it all over again next season, but the enemy of Christ, the unbelieving world, knows real winners get eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Doctrinally speaking, Tim Tebow in my opinion, is not acting as a Christian should. He is what I call a result of churchianity. Whether he truly believes in his heart is up to God. What he says and does is his fruit, and that is how we judge whether or not a person is "walking the walk". Christians call it being "in the faith". As it says, "the just shall live by faith".

Romans 13 has and is being misused by some, and others are being taught the wrong interpretation of that verse. The "Romans 13 crowd" is a product of churchianity, and not real Christianity. It's designed by the world to get people to obey "their masters", which is in part true (1 Timothy 6:1,2/1 Peter 2:18), that we are to obey our masters in the flesh (Ephesians 6:5, Colossians 3:22), and we are to "honor to whom honor" (Romans 13:7), but, there is other parts to that. You cannot "honor" if it breaks God's law, so there is a limit to what the believer honors in the world.

And this is why for believers..."that the name of God and [his] doctrine be not blasphemed".

So believers are to act no differently than if they didn't have a "master" in the flesh.

I personally believe that Romans 13 is not about a believer following the wordly "masters", but rather following the ministers of God, the rulers or leaders within the body of Christ. The "elders" is the focus, not rulers in the world, though that is mentioned obviously, but I don't think that is the intended focus of the chapter. Remember what Jesus says of the religious leaders, to do what they say, but not what they do, because they say and do not.  And Jesus does make a way to escape, by telling us that we are not to be "unequally yoked" with the world. (2 Corinthians 6:14)

While the world claims the "mark of the beast" is fairytale, what if the "masters" of this world required their workers to take the mark? Is the believer to do what their "master" says, or what Jesus says?

Tebow is no different, he still sins as we all do while in this fleshly body, whether he's really born-again or not, and the unbelieving will point that out every time. The world likes to mock others, and not just Christians. Tebow is just it's latest target. The question is, Is Tebow "using this world and not abusing it...(1 Corinthians 7:31)"?

For believers, we are exhorted to walk by faith, to focus on the spiritual, not the carnal of the world. It is Jesus Himself telling us to "let the dead bury their dead", and to follow Him in an evangalistic walk by faith. At the same time, we are exhorted to be content with such things as we have, so a person like Tebow is in a position of sorts, as he must look to contentment in that wordly job (1 Timothy 6:8 ), and have respect and honor for whom it is due in that world, but at the same time walk in the Spirit, and that is where some get tripped up, trying to serve two masters (Matthew 6:24). The point is that the believer is to always walk in the Spirit so they won't fulfill the lusts of the flesh (Galatians 5:16, Romans 8:1).

It's like the Prodigal Son story (Luke 15). Eventually Tebow, and any other believer, if they truly are sons, will be compelled to leave the city, and return home.

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." Romans 8:14 (KJB)
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
1 Timothy 6:10 (KJB)