Naomi Wolf Arrested at OWS in NYC- Threatened With Lifetime Harassment By Feds

Author Topic: Naomi Wolf Arrested at OWS in NYC- Threatened With Lifetime Harassment By Feds  (Read 2111 times)

Offline tritonman

Again?  When last night??

Jordan

Again?  When last night??

No sorry Tritonman, this is from November but I felt it was relevant.

Offline Freeski

Watching now - it's the same arrest from November.

She talks about how much she studies the rise and fall of "democracies" but still doesn't seem to get that the U.S. is (was) a constitutional republic. How is it even possible that someone who claims they've studied the nitty-gritty of stuff hasn't come to that realization yet? I like her, but she is either oblivious or something else.
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline tritonman

I always found here to be suspect for the same reason.  Alex has schooled her on more than one occation but she really does not seem to fully get the picture just yet.  I too wonder that given she is suposed to be so brilliant if she just does not want to.

Offline Freeski

I always found here to be suspect for the same reason.  Alex has schooled her on more than one occation but she really does not seem to fully get the picture just yet.  I too wonder that given she is suposed to be so brilliant if she just does not want to.

Or possibly denial?

Either way, it's good when she experiences the heavy hand of the state because that's what compels us all to look a little deeper.
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Jordan

I always found here to be suspect for the same reason.  Alex has schooled her on more than one occation but she really does not seem to fully get the picture just yet.  I too wonder that given she is suposed to be so brilliant if she just does not want to.

It's very hard to say why that is. I remember years ago I would hear her give praise to the Clintions (who she worked for at one time) and I would just be amazed that she could do that. Of course she could be playing the game - keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer.

I've listened to her talk about obama saving the day, I wonder if she really believes that now? It's such a mixed message she gives - it's really hard to say what is up with her. She is part of the establishment ...

Offline tritonman

I agree, and think that mixed message describes her best.  Good point Jordan.