Russian President orders "Combat Alert" in response to US/NATO "defense shield"

Author Topic: Russian President orders "Combat Alert" in response to US/NATO "defense shield"  (Read 28216 times)

Offline SUPREMEMASTER

• Commander
    • http://www.activismoverdrive.comze.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eBf0I-rB0m0#t=412s

press the cc button for translated subtitles

Is that the russian president?

I don't have time to make some big fancy thread about this or to come up with a better subject line but I'm wondering what anyone else has to say about it.
Automatic User Post Signature:
The message has to be put out in the right way.
Website Still Needs to be updated |ActivismOverDrive.comze.net|

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
Re: Russian Pres. orders "Combat Alert" in response to US/NATO" defense shield
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 05:24:02 AM »
Uhhhh wow this is big... But no news agency will cover it. With George Bus Sr confronting Russias battleship on the coast of Syria, what happens next we can only speculate. I'm not overly surprised by this though, I know that Russia can counter Nato if they want. Good find!

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 05:41:38 AM »
"Citizens of Russia, I address you today in connection with the situation concerning the NATO countries' missile defence system in Europe."

Hes talking about the START treaty which was a big achievement, and then the USA went and started building the European Missile Defense.

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 05:49:35 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eBf0I-rB0m0#t=412s

press the cc button for translated subtitles

Is that the russian president?

I don't have time to make some big fancy thread about this or to come up with a better subject line but I'm wondering what anyone else has to say about it.

At 6:55 mins into this speech, Medvedev says,

"First I am instructing the defense ministry to
immediately put the missile attack early warning radar station in Kaliningrad on combat alert..."

At 8:30 mins: "One step in this process will be to deploy Iskander missiles in Kaliningrad Region"...

Yes, this is serious.
This is about the fact that the US/NATO is continuing to build the defense 'shield' in close proximity to Russia's borders.
And it's a shield in the same way that 'war is peace'.
He threatens withdraw from START Treaty negotiations.

A new cold war has started.
And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
Russia on Combat Alert over NATO Missile Defense
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/russia-on-combat-alert-over-nato-missile-defense/
James Joyner   ·   Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Russian President Dimitry Medvedev announced today that he would “immediately put the missile attack early warning radar station in Kaliningrad on combat alert” and take other aggressive steps to counter NATO’s missile defense system.

In an official statement reprinted on NATOSource, Medvedev claims this step was taken after NATO and the United States rebuffed repeated gestures from Moscow to cooperate. He asserts, “Rather than showing themselves willing to hear and understand our concerns over the European missile defence system at this stage, they simply repeat that these plans are not directed against Russia and that there is no point for us to be concerned. That is the position of the executive authorities, but legislators in some countries openly state, the whole system is against Russia.”

Seeing that NATO was going forward regardless of Russia’s concerns, Medvedev announced several steps:

First, I am instructing the Defence Ministry to immediately put the missile attack early warning radar station in Kaliningrad on combat alert.

Second, protective cover of Russia’s strategic nuclear weapons will be reinforced as a priority measure under the programme to develop our air and space defences.

Third, the new strategic ballistic missiles commissioned by the Strategic Missile Forces and the Navy will be equipped with advanced missile defence penetration systems and new highly-effective warheads.

Fourth, I have instructed the Armed Forces to draw up measures for disabling missile defence system data and guidance systems if need be. These measures will be adequate, effective, and low-cost.

Fifth, if the above measures prove insufficient, the Russian Federation will deploy modern offensive weapon systems in the west and south of the country, ensuring our ability to take out any part of the US missile defence system in Europe. One step in this process will be to deploy Iskander missiles in Kaliningrad Region.

Other measures to counter the European missile defence system will be drawn up and implemented as necessary.

Furthermore,

If the situation continues to develop not to Russia’s favour, we reserve the right to discontinue further disarmament and arms control measures.

Medvedev’s statement repeatedly expressed that this process is reversible but that “if we are asked to ‘cooperate’ or in fact act against our own interests it will be difficult to establish common ground. In such a case we would be forced to take a different response. We will decide our actions in accordance with the actual developments in events at each stage of the missile defence programme’s implementation.”

Barry Pavel,  Director-Designate of the Brent Scowcroft Center on International Security at the Atlantic Council and former Senior Director for Defense Policy and Strategy on the National Security Council staff, declared on Twitter upon seeing the announcement that “NATO should ignore this.” Later, he added, “This is about Russian domestic politics.”

Tomas Valasek of the Centre for European Reform tells Financial Times that , “Mr. Medvedev seems to be taking the debate on missile defence into the strategic realm of US-Russia arms control,” adding, “Here, the prize is to get a follow-on deal to the Obama-Medvedev agreement of 2008. The chances of success here are already low and these comments may push them lower.”

Thus far, Pavel’s analysis seems to be shared by the White House and NATO. Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen says that he has “taken note” of Medvedev’s statement and termed his actions “very disappointing.” National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor declared, “We continue to believe that cooperation with Russia on missile defense can enhance the security of the United States, our allies in Europe and Russia, and we will continue to work with Russia to define the parameters of possible cooperation. However, in pursuing this cooperation, we will not in any way limit or change our deployment plans in Europe.”

I share my colleague’s sense that Medvedev is playing to a domestic audience and that the United States and its NATO allies should not make policy decisions based on temper tantrums from Moscow. But that doesn’t mean that the Russians aren’t genuinely concerned about the changing balance of power represented by this missile plan. Indeed, our constant dismissal of their concerns only rubs their noses in the fact that we now view them more as a nuisance than a serious power.

Medvedev’s statement comes on the heels of Tuesday’s announcement that the United States was ending cooperation with Russia under the Conventional Forces in Europe treaty, after Moscow had long since fallen out of compliance. Asked directly yesterday whether this would impact ongoing efforts to work with Russia on missile defense, State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland declared, “we don’t see a direct connection between the two: missile defense is missile defense, conventional arms control is conventional arms control.”

But this is rather an obtuse position. Indeed, linkage—the explicit tying together of various bilateral concerns to encourage cooperation on issues the United States cared about—was a cornerstone of American policy during the period of détente with the Soviets. Surely, the Russians see all matters of the security relationship with the United States and its NATO allies as intermingled.

NATO can talk until it’s blue in the face about how its missile defense program is aimed at unspecified rogue states (a not-so-secret code for “Iran”) but the Russians naturally see a missile defense system based in countries within what they consider their sphere of interest a threat. After all, missiles are about all Moscow has to cling to as evidence that they’re still a great power. For that matter, as FT notes, the fourth phase of NATO’s Phased Adaptive Approach goes beyond the short- and medium-range missiles that would ostensibly be acquired by Iran to “deploy an interceptor capable of shooting down ICBMs, which form the bulk of Russia’s nuclear deterrent.”

So, I think we should take Medvedev seriously when he declares, “We will not agree to take part in a program that in a short while, in some 6 to 8 years’ time could weaken our nuclear deterrent capability. The European missile defense program is already underway and work on it is, regrettably, moving rapidly in Poland, Turkey, Romania, and Spain. We find ourselves facing a fait accompli.” Those sound very much like the howls of a wounded bear.
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator

This is a reversal from their 2009 decision to halt the deployment of Iskander long-range missile systems in Kaliningrad, near the border with Poland. That plan is back:

Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:42am EST

(Reuters) - Russia has halted a plan to station missiles near the Polish border in retaliation for a proposed U.S. missile defense shield in eastern Europe, a Russian news agency quoted the military as saying on Wednesday.

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said in November he might deploy Iskander missile systems in Kaliningrad in response to Washington's plan to create an interceptor missile system in Poland and the Czech Republic.

Here are some details on the Iskander missile:

* The Iskander is a short-range surface-to-surface missile fired from a mobile launcher. It is 7.3 meters long and can carry a payload of 480 kg (1,058 lb).

* It has two versions. The Iskander M, known by the NATO designation SS-26, is the version used by Russia's armed forces and has a range of 400 km (250 miles). The Iskander E is a modification for export and has a range of 280 km.

* Media reports said last year Syria was interested in buying Iskander missiles, but Damascus later denied this.

* The missile can carry cluster, blast-fragmentation or penetration warheads. A thermobaric, or vacuum bomb, warhead, is also believed to be part of the system's capabilities. It can carry a tactical nuclear warhead.

* An earlier version, the SS-21 Tochka, or Scarab by its NATO designation, was extensively used by Russia during the latter part of its war in Chechnya and during the 2008 conflict between Russia and Georgia.

* The missile uses onboard navigation and flight control at the boost and terminal phases of its trajectory to steer toward its target.

* Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said last month 30 Iskander systems would be supplied to the armed forces over the next three years.

* Russian and foreign media have reported however that it may take many years before Russia's army receives the systems, because defense manufacturers' production capacity is limited.

EvadingGrid

* cat  jaw drops

Although I have seen this coming from a long way off, it is still very shocking to actually see this take place.

EvadingGrid

Iskander Missile

Tactical ballistic missile

It does 6-7 times the speed of sound, is accurate to about 5-7 yards can carry a very nasty payload. Chances of intercepting one or shooting it down are some what remote, as it can pull 20-39 G to out manoeuvre pretty much anything.

Combat Tested Against Georgia...

The reports in the media of it having a limited range, only apply to the EXPORT versions, the ones deployed in Kalingrad will have a range of at least 500 KM.

EvadingGrid

Don't forget the Russians have a NAVAL Base in SYRIA

The Russians canceled about 9 billion dollars of debt in exchange for the Naval Base and Arms Deals. As a result of the War in Gerogia, Assad let Russia have it upgrade to allow Nuclear-Armed Russian Warships.

Connect the Dots People

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
Russia also said the Georgia war prevented Nato from expanding.

notanumber

Repost--

Webster Tarpley's latest show for World Crisis Radio was not broadcast today on GCN Live, but here is a special broadcast Webster did this morning all about the situation in Syria---

http://tarpley.net/audio/getfile.php?f=WCR-20111126.mp3

Offline global_fiefdom

This is looking hairy, scary, etc.

:'(  :'(  :'(

Planet earth, we barely got to know each other.
What if Russia ends up "pressured" into using weapons it has NOT tested enough and it results in MORE deaths than they wanted?

It would benefit the de-populators to start this war.
Gut feeling says it's f**ked up

EvadingGrid

This is looking hairy, scary, etc.

:'(  :'(  :'(

Planet earth, we barely got to know each other.
What if Russia ends up "pressured" into using weapons it has NOT tested enough and it results in MORE deaths than they wanted?

It would benefit the de-populators to start this war.
Gut feeling says it's f**ked up

I think you got it the wrong way round

The Russians have tested there technology - ask Georgia , its the AFE ( American Federal Empire ) with its untested so called "missile defence" system that is untested.

Offline global_fiefdom

I think you got it the wrong way round

The Russians have tested there technology - ask Georgia , its the AFE ( American Federal Empire ) with its untested so called "missile defence" system that is untested.

I don't need to ask anything, no one is going to tell us what the Norway spiral was.
Personally I think the Russians forced Europe to show their ionospheric capabilities,
but surely an offensive launch would have made the news as such and not a "maybe"...?

Making up words to make America sound scarier doesn't impress me. I live here.  :-\
If you can find an article that explains in clear, technical, non-bullshit terms re: our "untested" missile defence and the threat it poses to the US,
you can have a cookie.

Personally, I don't think Russia would be able to  launch against us traditionally, as our particle detectors know the signature and HAARP is evidently fine tuned.
My only worry about America missile defense is that we have contracted HAARP out to a UK company, BAE systems.

Countries should be their own last line of defense, they shouldn't give it to former enemies.
And unless a miracle happens, we can't stop remote EMP.
Only the vehicle.

Russia's real weapons are not physically delivered. They are remote pulses.

Offline chris jones

Time to keep an eye on the elites movement. A good example would be the % that wern't around NYC 911, or in the marked area of the Pentagon. My point, if the big dogs begin to migrate we can assume something may be on the horizon.
 What puzzles me is Russia and the USA - the cold war revival, are they realy bucking heads, or is this act III on the fear level, domestic domination under the guize of  Nuclear war. We have been down this road in the fifty's..Though the underground "GOV-ELITE"- complexes (citys) have mutliplied since then haven't they.Therefor ,and In any event, our fearless leaders are protected no matter what hell breaks loose.
 I may be way off base in thinking the elites don't want a full blown nuclear war, I beleive they would be satisfied exterminating a majority with biological means. They may set off a few NUKE attacks but in specific areas, however I can't see them eliminating their entire garden, just weeding it.

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
Where's Dr Manhattan when we need him? I watched Watchmen again today... What a movie. Mixed feelings every time.

Offline NMTO

• Of Missing Persons
Serious Indeed!  I was thinking about this after I watched the video, yes my jaw did drop.  However, even though we have certainly provoked them, what do we do now? 

Russia has OPENLY threatened to use nukes against the US and we are not going to build a shield.  Should we not now say we are building the shield and we are building it for them?  After all, maybe we need it?

The NWO loves to get us into these situations.  Perhaps as the Euro is failing, as well as the US dollar, now is a good time for war?  Maybe it will start with a proxy war between us and Russia in the middle east.  Israel fires first at Iran, Syria backs Iran, Russia backs Syria (Iran?), the US helps fight against both Syria and Iran...essentially fighting the Russians...by proxy.  One thing leads to the next and what then?  Does China back Russia (and Pakistan too?)

Perhaps the NATO Pakistan incident was because just the day before the Paks said they would go ahead with the oil pipeline deal with Iran?  Just thinking here, don't know. 

Next thing you know WW3 has broken out...nukes are exchanged...who is the real winner?  Does it matter?  Would not both countries (or all parties involved) be losers?  If the globalist want a one-world currency, which they do, then what is the easiest way to get that?  A HUGE world crisis with the dollar (and euro) crashing in amongst it.  This is all orchestrated and annoying.  What is freedom?  Simple...being able to live our lives without outside government interference.  What do we have in this country...tyranny!  Who can even make plans for five years in the future when such threats exist?  Is now a good time to buy a home...perhaps in a year, what about a family?  With the NWO there are no certainties.

Offline shipgeek

Putin: you better not mess with me. I am President for Life.

:o
E MARE LIBERTAS

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
Russia threatens to block NATO routes

Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:26AM GMT

Russia has threatened to block NATO's supply routes to Afghanistan, should the Western military alliance continue to disregard Moscow's concerns about the US-led defense shield for Europe, a report says.

Russian Ambassador to NATO Dmitri Rogozin warned that Moscow will review its cooperation with the Western military alliance on Afghanistan if the NATO fails to address Russia's objections, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday.

Earlier on Thursday, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev warned that direct actions will be taken if his country's concerns are not addressed.

Medvedev envisioned possible missile attacks on Poland, Romania, Spain, and Turkey as a means to disable the counter-missile batteries, if the United States fails to acknowledge the concerns of the Russian defense officials.

He also warned that the country will deploy nuclear weapons to European borders in response to the move.

More: http://www.presstv.ir/detail/212755.html
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<

Offline Catalina

• Government Censorship, Protecting You From Reality
Syria: Russia Rejects Arms Embargo, Repeat Of Libyan Scenario

MOSCOW, Nov. 29 (Xinhua) -- Russia rejects any arms embargo imposed on Syria and Moscow would try to avoid a repeat of the Libyan scenario in the country, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Tuesday.

After his meeting with Arab countries' ambassadors to Russia, Lavrov told a news conference that lessons should be learnt from the situation in Libya, where an embargo on arms supplies was "only applied to the Libyan army."

"Groups, including those formed by citizens who penetrated to Syria from other states, have been actively supplied with arms," he said. "That is why proposals to introduce a ban on any arms supplies to Syria are quite unfair."

Lavrov said Moscow also rejects ultimatum-like words on the Syria issue, adding that the ultimatums would not help resolve the problem.

"The Syrian problem requires the same approach, as ultimatums, which some states try to use, including members of the Arab League, cannot resolve this problem," Lavrov said.

"We hope our friends in the Arab League... will show maximum responsibility for what is going on in the region... and they will observe the same rules the Arab League worked out, while making relevant decisions," he added.

After meeting with his visiting Icelandic counterpart Ossur Skarphedinsson, Lavrov also warned that armed opposition was provoking conflicts in Syria.

"The unrest is not so much related to the authorities but armed groups, who are provoking the unrest," Lavrov said.

In November, Lavrov warned that external forces are seeking to deteriorate the situation in Syria in order to justify their interference in Syria's internal political affairs.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=27934
Spare no cost for truth's sake, neither depart from it for any gain. -Proverbs 23:23

Bestow not the gifts that God has given you to get worldly riches. -Proverbs 23:4

Offline Freeski

The naval base in the Syrian port of Tartus is operated by the Russian military under an agreement signed in 1971 between Syria and the Soviet Union.
http://rt.com/news/russian-fleet-syrian-port-513/
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Valerius

I have heard like nothing about this except around here.

But I do know all about Michael Jackson's former doctor.
"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass

Offline Freeski

I have heard like nothing about this except around here.

But I do know all about Michael Jackson's former doctor.

LOL!

My own political awakening came at the start of Cold War I. My dad described what would happen if a nuke hit us, and holy crap was he intense! Must have been freaked out himself. What a waste of human energy.
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
What makes this situation most complicated is you have to watch the news for Syria, Turkey, Iraq, Israel, Lebanon, Pakistan, China and Russia. Its Madness!!

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
Russia To Discuss Missile Shield With Iran, China

Written by: Radio Zamaneh
November 29, 2011

Russia has announced plans to pursue talks with Iran and China about a global missile shield.

Ria Novosti reports that Russia’s representative to NATO, Dmitri Rogozin, will travel to China and Iran in mid-January to discuss the subject.

Rogozin told the members of the Russian Duma: “I would like to inform you that, as dictated by the mission from the president, we will soon travel to China and Iran to examine issues regarding global missile shields in these countries.”

Russian President Dmitri Medvedev has told his country’s armed forces to consider possible measures to counter NATO and U.S. missile shields.

More: http://www.eurasiareview.com/29112011-russia-to-discuss-missile-shield-with-iran-china/
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,

EvadingGrid

I hope you all listened to Todays Show...

EvadingGrid

Lyndon LaRouche: The British Empire's WW3 Plan Must Be Stopped This Weekend!

http://www.larouchepac.com/node/20479

American statesman and economist Lyndon LaRouche issued the following emergency statement on Thanksgiving evening, Nov. 24.

"This empire is determined to set the nations of the world into a war with one another, which is intended that civilization as we've now known it, will no longer exist. This is not only a general prospect; this is the immediate situation this weekend. This is not a weekend like other weekends. We're now on the verge—and it's set in place right now—of a chain reaction, which could mean the extermination of civilization as we've known it.

"Now this is being set up by the British Empire, and nobody else. And nobody else. If you don't think the British Empire is the enemy, you don't understand the ABCs of the situation.

"A war now, do you know what it means? Do you know what thermonuclear weapons mean? Do you realize that what's going on in the Middle East, so-called, cannot be waged by anything other than nuclear weapons? This also means thermonuclear weapons?

"So don't talk about this interest, or that interest. Don't try to take sides in the silly quarrels which people are indulging in in the Middle East and elsewhere today. Pay no attention to this. They don't have any reality except stupidity. If you try to win these wars, you lose everything. You have to prevent these wars from occurring, or you lose everything.

"And the best example is to look at the study of the Seven Years War, from 1756 to 1763. And that war is the war that established the British Empire as the dominant imperial force on this planet. Because they induced the leading nations of continental Europe, and others, to make fools of themselves by fighting wars against one another, where the trick was, to get them to bleed themselves into weakness by fighting one another, and thus opening the gates for a British takeover, British imperial takeover, of the whole system. And that is exactly what happened.

"The only thing that saved civilization in that period, was the struggle of the United States, to create the United States. This struggle began, formally, in about 1620. It came with the settlement—and tonight, this is Thanksgiving. What's Thanksgiving represent? A party, a feast, that was being held in what became Massachusetts, including one of my ancestors. I'm one of those people who has a ancestor when that occurred... but, on the Mayflower.

"But out of that came the struggle which came out of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, which was ofthe same kind of character, and this established in the United States, the concept which actually was attributable to Nicholas of Cusa. And this concept being created, despite the crushing of Massachusetts, in the latter part of the century, despite that, it set into motion something that stayed in motion, effectively from 1620 through the establishment of our Federal Republic.

"This is the only thing on this planet which has so far been able to cripple the attempts of the British Empire to realize the intention of becoming a new Roman Empire.

"We're now at the point where the corruption of the United States, has reached the point, that if we don't beat the Empire now, in what it's trying to do, and what it's trying to do with nuclear threats right now, we're lost. Civilization is lost. "So the solemnity of our cause, the devotion to that cause, an understanding that it lies in our hands to think clearly about how we do avoid falling into the traps the enemy sets for us... And that's what should be on our minds. Because this is not something for the distant future. This is this weekend, this weekend. The plan is in place! It will set into motion World War III, right now.

"I think we can beat that. But we have to be determined to do so.

"So I think the element of solemnity at this occasion, ought to be taken into account.

"What does our life mean after all? We're born, we die. What's important about our life is what we leave to the future of humanity."

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
Once again, I hope all you Obamanoids out there -- particularly those of you who claimed to be "anti-war" while Bush was in office -- are proud of yourselves.

And don't say you "didn't know," because people like Webster Tarpley spent nearly all of 2008 going out of their way to warn you about whose interests Obama truly served, and you arrogantly refused to listen:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2330153707536467269 (The Men Behind Obama by Webster Griffin Tarpley)

And don't say Obama was the "only" alternative to McCain, either, because he wasn't:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmZpSCMBy4k (Third Party Presidential Debate)
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline chris jones

Once again, I hope all you Obamanoids out there -- particularly those of you who claimed to be "anti-war" while Bush was in office -- are proud of yourselves.

And don't say you "didn't know," because people like Webster Tarpley spent nearly all of 2008 going out of their way to warn you about whose interests Obama truly served, and you arrogantly refused to listen:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2330153707536467269 (The Men Behind Obama by Webster Griffin Tarpley)

And don't say Obama was the "only" alternative to McCain, either, because he wasn't:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmZpSCMBy4k (Third Party Presidential Debate)
Hi Geo, I like when you get pizzed off , you hit good notes.

Offline Georgiacopguy

• 'Cause it's a revolution for your mind...K?!
What if it was as simple as they realized they had the best economies, and advanced their respective military industrial machines when they were in a perpetual state of cold war, so they both mutually agree in secret to propagate a ruse in which they claim to be at odds, in an effort to promote their own internal agenda, while not actively perpetuating aggressions against each other, save enough "aggression" to help them save face and maintain the ruse.
The resistance starts here. Unfortunately, the entire thing is moving beyond the intellectual infowar. I vow I will not make an overt rush at violent authority, until authority makes it's violent rush at me and you. I will not falter, I will not die in this course. For that is how they win.

Offline Freeski

Always creepy.

notanumber

Repost--

Regarding the MSM and its coverage of these so called rogue states--

http://rt.com/news/media-lies-global-elite-447/

George Orwell’s guide to the news
 by Adrian Salbuchi for Russia Today
Published: 29 November, 2011, 16:37

The Western mainstream media falsifies the news resorting to euphemisms, half-truths and lies in the best (worst) style of George Orwell’s novel 1984. We all live in the unreal world of “Newspeak” used by the Global Power Elite to control our minds.

Man gets confused when things that happen around him and to him, or which are done in his name, cannot be properly grasped, understood or made sense of. Normally, such confusion leads to inaction. If you’re lost at night in the middle of a forest but you can still see the stars, then a bit of astronomical knowledge will at least quickly tell you which way is north. But if it’s cloudy or you’re ignorant of the constellations in starry heaven, then you might as well light up a fire and do nothing until dawn…. You’re Lost!

Today, mainstream media coverage uses programmed distortion, confusion, even outright lying when its Money Power masters order it to support the “official story” on any major political, economic or financial process. When looked at closely, however, the “official story” of things can be seen to be inaccurate, misleading, often hardly believable if not downright stupid.

The Seven Step Mainstream Media Country Destruction Guide

1. First, they start by targeting a country ripe for “Regime Change”, and brand it a “rogue state”; then…

2. They arm, train, finance local terrorist groups through CIA, MI6, Mossad, Al-Qaeda (a CIA operation), drug cartels (often CIA operations) and call them “freedom fighters”; then…

3. As mock UN Security Council Resolutions are staged that rain death and destruction upon millions of civilians, they call it “UN sanctions to protect civilians”; then…

4. They spread flagrant lies through their “newsrooms” and paid journalists, and call it "the international community’s concerns expressed by prestigious spokespeople and analysts…” then…

5. They bomb, invade and begin to control the target country and call it “liberation”; then…

6. As the target country falls fully under their control, they impose “the kind of democracy that we want to see” (as Hillary Clinton before visiting Egypt and Tunisia on March 10, 2011), until finally…

7. They steal appetizing oil, mineral and agricultural reserves handing them over to Global Power Elite corporations, and impose unnecessary private banking debt and call it “foreign investment and reconstruction.”

Full article--
http://rt.com/news/media-lies-global-elite-447/

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
Vietnam-Style Exit: Russia Could Deliver Death Blow To NATO in Af-Pak War Theater
http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=27964

Russia could deliver death blow to Nato, say analysts

ISLAMABAD: With the Russian threat to cut land routes for supplies to NATO troops in Afghanistan, the Afghan battleground may turn into a cold death trap for NATO, defence analysts believe. They say that Pakistan should utilise the opportunity for a peaceful and prosperous Pakistan by pulling it out of the American war.

Russia has threatened to cut off NATO supply routes to Afghanistan if the alliance doesn’t compromise on its missile defence plans. “If NATO doesn’t give a serious response, we have to address matters in relations in other areas,” Russian news services reported. Russia’s cooperation on Afghanistan may be an area for review, the news services reported.

Pakistan has already cut NATO supply routes after the Mohmand Agency attack by NATO troops that killed twenty-six Pakistani soldiers. Lt General (retd) Hameed Gul, while talking to The News, said that Russia would utilise every option to take revenge on the Americans and the time has come for the Russians to do this. He said that Russia wants to join hands with Pakistan and Pakistan should re-consider its policy towards Russia. “Americans and NATO troops have been strangled in Afghanistan and the time has come for Pakistan to avail itself of the opportunity that it missed on 9/11 to regain respect and sovereignty”, Gul said.

He mentioned that Americans will have to leave Afghanistan and will ask for concessions and Pakistan should negotiate with them on their exit. If Russia cuts its supply routes then the route will be from Georgia to Baku and then to Azerbaijan, which means NATO will never get the supplies, said Gul.

“Now NATO troops will have to exit Vietnam-style, and that too by using Pakistan’s airspace because Iran will never let the USA use its airspace”, the retired General said. He mentioned that the war against terror that was started with our own people will come to an end at once and there will be peace in no time once the Americans leave Afghanistan. He said that Indian interests in Afghanistan were growing but India will get nothing from Afghanistan.

Maria Sultan, defence analyst, while talking to this correspondent said that if the Russians also cut the supply line of NATO then it will turn out to be a cold death for NATO troops. “They will literally be strangled in Afghanistan with 90,000 troops, and as they admit that they have reserves for three months, which actually means they have reserves for two months, then NATO will have to airlift the troops and during the airlift only 15 to 20 percent can get out alive out of the 90,000 troops”, Maria said.

She mentioned that in Afghanistan everything comes from outside and the insurgency this year has been very high as 700 [NATO] causalities have been reported. Therefore, after the Russian decision, Afghanistan will turn into a reverse Kargil for NATO. “They will have weapons but no bullets to fire; and if Pakistan shuts the air corridors to NATO then it would be a cold death for them and America will have to renegotiate with Pakistan”, she said.

Offline global_fiefdom

I wish the base commanders and state governors would just arbitrarily bring their people home.
Freezing to death? People did it to win the Revolutionary War.
Thanks to Fabian tactics much like the strategy threatened in the post above, George Washington's army went through a literal hell of freezing and starving.

I doubt modern soldiers have the stomach for this, surely we do not plan to abandon 1/10 of a million soldiers to the elements, because of oil???

EvadingGrid

It would be like Stalingrad.
An entire Army lost.

Offline global_fiefdom

It would be like Stalingrad.
An entire Army lost.

That is very frightening.
Seems like a good time to pull troops out,
we are literally being threatened with nukes from Russia and China,
our guys will get cut off,
the patriots of USA, UK, Canada, Austalia etc will be stranded without a hope in Hell except things we don't want to think about.

What would those men do?
Break for a friendly border and force that nation into all out war to stop the rout?

God help us.
THem. The ones over there.
We deserve as much misery as any soldier for ignoring what is happening for so long.
Meaning average Americans. No better at heart than the "dumb soldiers" who "deserve their deaths" (people talk like that on Yahoo etc. it's sick).

How much authority to save lives and cut losses do nations and states have anymore?
Do all the joint command and regional command structures totally foul it up?

impossible to retreat! sick sick!

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
Any updates on this situation? I have this post.

U.S.: Russia won't stop arms shield

WASHINGTON – The U.S. ambassador to NATO on Friday dismissed recent expressions of outrage from Moscow over proposed missile defenses in Europe, saying the NATO deployment will proceed "whether Russia likes it or not."

The ambassador, Ivo Daalder, said the United States was well aware that "there are significant forces within Russia" that believe that the alliance's system of radars and interceptors could blunt Moscow's own arsenal of missiles and thus undermine Russia's strategic deterrent.

Daalder said he would meet officials from Moscow at NATO headquarters in Brussels next week to explain – once again – that the alliance shield is designed solely to defend against a potential missile attack from Iran.

But Daalder also noted that recent complaints, especially from President Dmitry Medvedev of Russia, might be motivated by the demands of domestic politics ahead of national elections there. The American commitment to work with NATO allies and deploy the missile shield is founded on a belief that Iran is accelerating its program to field missiles capable of reaching across NATO territory in Europe, Daalder said.

Since President Barack Obama announced new plans for the shield two years ago, Daalder said, "our estimate of the threat has gone up, not down. It is accelerating – this is the Iranian ballistic missile threat – and becoming more severe than even we thought two years ago."

Thus, he said, the United States and its allies remain wholly committed to the program.

"Whether Russia likes it or not, we are about defending NATO-European territory against a growing ballistic missile threat," Daalder said. "We will adapt the timing and the details to that threat, which is why the focus of our joint effort ought to be about how to figure out how to reduce that threat rather than trying to threaten and retaliate for a deployment that has nothing to do with Russia."

Last week, Medvedev threatened that Russia would deploy its own missiles and that it could withdraw from the New START nuclear arms reduction treaty if the United States proceeds with its plans for a missile-defense system in Europe.

Returning to that theme this week, Medvedev dismissed the idea that he was kicking around a political football.

Steven Pifer, an arms control expert who has managed Russia policy from top positions at the State Department and National Security Council, said that some of the tougher language out of Moscow seemed intended less for Washington and more for Russian voters, who head to the polls for parliamentary elections on Sunday. And with presidential elections in both Russia and the United States next year, the volume could grow louder, even though the basic positions in the missile-defense debate have not changed.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/03/4096642/us-russia​-wont-stop-arms-shield.html#ixzz1fT5EXFjR

Offline Constitutionary

Nothing like having a Cuban Missile Crisis Weekend !!!!!!!!!!!

:o :o :o :o :o

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
Weird Al knew this was coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It-KcebEfW0

Offline Freeski

Welcome to the grand illusion!