Child Sexual Abuse at Penn State: pimping boys to rich donors

Author Topic: Child Sexual Abuse at Penn State: pimping boys to rich donors  (Read 112332 times)

Offline Pleasured

Re: Child Sexual Abuse at Penn State: pimping boys to rich donors
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2011, 11:33:34 AM »
The problem I have with this is with Mike McQueary who was the one who allegedly witnessed Sandusky raping a 10 year old boy! WTF? Now I do not know about anyone here, but I would have made a huge scene! What was this Mike McQueary thinking??? Was he not man enough to go stomp Sandusky's head in--where was his outrage at the time? That 10 year old boy would not have been left there with the alleged perp, he would have been in my custody until the police arrived to scoop up Sandusky for crimes he committed!! This allegedly happened in 2002, and to still be in the same space with this cretin for 9 years, just doesn't make any frippin' sense!

I think this scandal is much bigger than most people care to really think.

His last name should explain a few things as to why he shut up. ;D :D ;)

Jordan

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2011, 11:34:28 AM »

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2011, 05:02:05 PM »
Now we are getting somewhere...

http://www.pagrandlodge.org/freemason/1001/paterno.html

Legendary Penn State University head football Coach Joseph V. Paterno was honored by the Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania with the presentation of the John Wanamaker Masonic Humanitarian Medal.

R.W. Grand Master Robert L. Dluge, Jr. presented the award to Joe Paterno following a Committee on Masonic Homes meeting at the Carnegie House, State College, during a private luncheon held in the Coach's honor.

Joe Paterno is recognized by many as one of the greatest college football coaches of all time, having coached for more than 50 years. His volunteer services and philanthropic endeavors make him unique among colleges and universities nationwide. "Mr. Paterno does not only emulate good sportsmanship, he practices it in his daily life," said Robert L. Dluge, Jr., R.W.G.M., while presenting the award. "He is the most outstanding example, in my opinion, of what a true sportsman should be."

Paterno said during his address after receiving the Wanamaker medal, "I get a lot of different awards, but this represents a very special group of people and I'm very honored for you to honor me, to reach out and say 'here is somebody we admire and appreciate what he has done' -- and, I hope is going to do a few more things before it is all said and done. I appreciate it and I'm very humbled."

The John Wanamaker Masonic Humanitarian Medal was created by resolution of the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania in 1993 and is awarded to a non-Mason, male or female, who supports the ideals and philosophy of the Masonic Fraternity.

Famous Philadelphia merchant and Mason, John Wanamaker (1838-1922), for whom the medal is named, was an outstanding public-spirited citizen who devoted his life to doing good for the betterment of humanity. His Masonic character was intimately tied to his business practice and summed up in a memorial tablet surmounting the Wanamaker department store (now Lord and Taylor), Philadelphia, on the celebration of its Completion Day in 1910. It reads: "Let those who follow me continue to build with the Plumb of Honor, the Level of Truth, and the Square of Integrity, Education, Courtesy and Mutuality. * John Wanamaker"

The John Wanamaker Masonic Humanitarian Medal has been presented sparingly, to maintain the great prestige associated with an award created by resolution of the Grand Lodge. Since 1993, only five persons have been honored with the Wanamaker medal.

In Paterno's wiki article it states that Everett Busy Arnold paid for Paterno's tuition at the Jesuit School (already a red flag for me). I wondered who this person was. Turns out:

Everett Busy Arnold was an American publisher and an early comic-book entrepreneur whose company Quality Comics published during the 1930s and 1940s.

Okay. Curious. Why would this person pay for Paterno to attend a Jesuit college? I stil don't know that but turns out Quality Comics was part of a Congressional Investigation in the Corruption of our Youth in 55'-56'

Comic Books and Juvenile Delinquency
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interim Report
of the
Committee on the judiciary
pursuant to
S. Res. 89 and S. Res. 190
(83d Cong. 1st Sess.) - (83d Cong. 2d Sess.)
A Part of the Investigation of Juvenile Delinquency in the United States

http://www.thecomicbooks.com/1955senateinterim.html

Here's a piece I found on Quality Comics cited in the report:
The development of mailing lists and their sale is now a large-scale practice. Members of the subcommittee expressed concern that some purveyors of salacious literature may deliberately seek to secure mailing lists of juveniles for direct-mail solicitation. One publisher, Alex Segal, testified that "by mistake" one of his trays of addressograph plates bearing the names of 400 children was routed to the publisher of sex literature. Segal himself advertises and sells books called How to Hypnotize-A Master Key to Hypnotism. This advertisement appeared in Quality Comics and portrayed a male looking at a young female with the caption "What the thrill of imposing your will on someone? Stravon Publishers will tell you how." Upon receipt of the book on hypnotism, a child also received a list of other purchasable material-including sex literature. Advertisements of such nature have been received by juveniles as young as 9 years old. This matter has been under study by the subcommittee, and we have called it to the attention of the Attorney General, the Postmaster General, and the Committees on Post Office and Civil Service of the Senate and the House. If such actions constitute violation of the laws dealing with the mails to offer for sale obscene, lewd, lascivious, or filthy material, when consideration is given to the fact the offer is being made to persons of immature years, then we are at loss to being made to understand why something has not been done to apprehend the offenders. If the existing statues are found to be inadequate to meet this situation, a study will be made to determine what changes will be necessary in existing legislation to prohibit such practices.

To summarize, although some of the advertising in comic books is of acceptable standards, many advertisements are directed toward the sale of articles that are potentially harmful to children, or are fraudulent in that the articles are unable to effect the physical changes claimed. Because of the manner in which mailing lists are sold, some juveniles who have answered advertisements appearing in comic book have been solicited by publishers of obscene or salacious materials. The question has been raised regarding the responsibility publishers of comic books should assume for protecting their young readers, both from the wrong kind of advertising and from any misuse of resulting mailing lists which might accrue through the acceptance of advertising from other than reliable firms.

I haven't had a chance to read this full report but damn....this is rather interesting. Appears that comic books were an organized medium with a purpose to corrupt children:

http://www.thecomicbooks.com/1955senateinterim.html

How about this secret society that came out of Brown: Franklin Society http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_Society

I think if people dig deeper this will have ties all the way back to Washington.
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2011, 05:20:22 PM »
A Patriot-News Special Report:
Who knew what about Jerry Sandusky?
There were many missed chances to investigate as early as 1995
[/b][/size]
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/who_knew_what_about_jerry_sand.html
Friday, November 11, 2011, 12:19 AM

Former Penn State coaching legend Jerry Sandusky is arraigned on sex abuse charges Saturday, Nov. 5 in State College, Pa.

What did they know and when did they know it?
The Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse case has already cost the jobs of football coach Joe Paterno and university President Graham Spanier. State and federal investigators continue to unravel the case and might bring additional charges.

More than one tip has already come into the tipline that police have set up for potential victims.

But in the end, it’s going to come down to credibility. Stories contradict each other. Grand jury testimony clashes.

Who was telling the truth? Who was trying to keep the truth silent?

And what part did that silence play in the fact that Sandusky is alleged to have sexually assaulted young boys for 10 years after the first boy stepped forward?

In early 2010, before The Patriot-News broke the story of the Sandusky investigation, the newspaper confronted Spanier and asked him if he was aware of a grand jury investigation into Sandusky. His answer was no.

By his own testimony before the grand jury, Spanier knew as early as 2002 that Sandusky and a young boy had been witnessed “horsing around” by a staff member in the locker room of the football building.

It’s not clear if Spanier also knew about a six-week investigation by his university’s police force that centered around similar touching in a shower in 1998 that never led to charges.

However, now-resigned Vice President Gary Schultz, who was in charge of the campus police in 1998 and in 2002, did know about both reports, and in his grand jury testimony, he acknowledged that they were similar — they both involved young boys and allegations of sexual misconduct in a shower at the football building.

Right now, the case against Schultz and Athletic Director Tim Curley — both charged with perjury and failure to report a crime — hinges mainly on the word of that eyewitness, then-graduate student Mike McQueary. McQueary is now a Penn State assistant football coach.

McQueary is a guy who once stepped in and broke up a player-related knife fight in a campus dining hall — a fight police admit could have been very ugly. But this week, he is getting blasted by the public for doing too little.

That same public sentiment led to an abrupt exit for legendary coach Paterno and Spanier.

But if gossip, rumor and speculation have been rampant this week about Spanier, Paterno and McQueary, the facts are more complicated — and much more disturbing.

EARLY CONCERNS

The earliest documented report of possible abuse at the hands of Sandusky is in 1995, when his now-legally adopted son was still a teenage foster child in his home.

The adoption file for Matt Sandusky, who had a different name at the time, contains letters of concern from his mother to children and youth officials and to a Centre County judge.

Matt’s biological mother, Debra Long, testified before the grand jury.

Matt, 33, is not one of the victims in the grand jury presentment, but he did testify before the grand jury.

Sandusky’s attorney, Joe Amendola, said Long is upset with Sandusky for helping her son and her allegations are not based in fact. Matt went to live with the Sandusky family after he was caught setting fire to a barn in 1995.

Children and Youth Services placed him with the Sandusky family at Jerry Sandusky’s request. He knew Matt through The Second Mile.

In his book, “Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story” several pages are devoted to Matt.

“He became an instant challenge for me,” Sandusky writes.

Debra Long was allowed to visit her son only one-half day per month after he went to live with the Sanduskys.

About four months after he went to live with Jerry, Matt attempted suicide with a girl who was also staying at Sandusky’s house.

“The probation department has some serious concerns about the juvenile’s safety and his current progress in placement with the Sandusky family,” wrote Terry L. Trude, a school-based probation officer, days after the suicide attempt.

The letter, addressed to Centre County Judge David Grine, also said Long was concerned about Matt’s safety and mental condition, and asked that Matt go to a different foster family.

Trude finally recommended that Matt’s placement in the Sandusky house be reviewed within two months.

The night of the suicide attempt, Matt wrote a letter to the probation officer dealing with his case.

It read, in part: “I would like to be placed back with the Sanduskys. I feel that they have supported me even when I have messed up. They are a loving caring group of people. I love both my biological family and the Sandusky family.”

The day Jerry Sandusky was arrested, Matt brought his kids over to Jerry’s house. The mother of Matt’s children almost immediately went to court to prevent future visits. A judge’s order now prevents Sandusky from having unsupervised contact or overnight visits with his grandchildren.

THE FIRST VICTIM TO ASK FOR HELP

The travesty and tragedy of botched attempts to investigate Jerry Sandusky began in 1998.

Though the grand jury indictment includes four previous victims, an 11-year old boy in 1998 was the first to come forward. He is called Victim Six in the grand jury presentment.

The boy told police that Sandusky had showered naked with him. A second boy was in the showers at the time, but did not testify before the grand jury.

Then-Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar set up a sting in the mother’s home. Sandusky had requested to meet with the mom, and Gricar had officers hide in another room and listen to their conversation.

One of those officers was Detective Ron Schreffler, the lead investigator in the case.

According to the presentment, Sandusky asked the mom for forgiveness.

“I understand. I was wrong. I wish I could get forgiveness from you. I know I won’t get it from you. I wish I were dead,” Sandusky said.

Gricar knew the results of the sting before he made his decision not to prosecute.

The Centre County Office of Children and Youth Services also was investigating that case.

Investigator Jerry Lauro said this week he didn’t feel there was enough evidence for abuse charges solely based on interviews with the boys.

“At that time, the information that we had wasn’t sufficient enough to substantiate a case,” Lauro said. “I don’t want [the mother)] to think we didn’t believe their kid back then. We did, but we didn’t have enough.”

Lauro said Schreffler never told him the details of Sandusky’s confession at the victim’s house.

“I remember my last conversation with him concerning him hiding in that room,” Lauro said. “He didn’t tell me details. All he said was, ‘There’s nothing to it — we’re going to close our case.’ And I said, ‘That’s fine, I’m going to close my case, too.”

They never had another call regarding Sandusky, Lauro said.

Gricar disappeared suddenly in 2005. He remained missing and was declared dead earlier this year. Tony Gricar, family spokesman, said his uncle had developed a “bitter taste” for the football program and Paterno.

“So, I wouldn’t imagine he’d give favorable treatment to anyone associated with the team for any reason,” he said.

Schreffler has repeatedly declined to comment on the case.

According to the presentment, Lauro testified that he and Schreffler interviewed Sandusky. Sandusky admitted hugging the boy in the shower and admitted it was wrong, Lauro testified.

WHAT JANITORS SAY THEY SAW

Another golden opportunity to report and investigate Sandusky for child sexual abuse came just two years later, in 2000.

A group of janitors were cleaning the locker rooms late at night in the Penn State football building.

One of them, Jim Calhoun, witnessed Sandusky in a shower performing a sex act on a young boy who was pinned up against a wall, according to the grand jury report.

A second janitor, Ronald Petrosky, witnessed a boy leaving hand in hand with Sandusky after Petrosky heard the shower running.

The grand jury presentment calls them Victim Two and Victim Eight.

Calhoun approached Petrosky, crying and very upset. He told Petrosky what he’d seen and said it was something he would never forget.

All of the employees working that night were relatively new, and decided to tell Calhoun how he could report the incident, according to the grand jury presentment. There is no record that he or any of the others did that.

Twice that night, Petrosky testified that he saw Sandusky slowly drive through the parking lot of the football building. The first time was two or three hours after it happened, and the second was very early in the morning, between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m.

Calhoun was a temporary employee who left the job after about eight months.

He has dementia and won’t be able to testify. Attorney General Linda Kelly said that should not hurt the investigation because they have other witnesses.

However, Sandusky’s attorney says he’ll try to stop the prosecution of both cases because the alleged victims themselves have never been identified.

WHAT DID McQUEARY SAY?

Two years later, there was yet another missed opportunity.

And this is the incident that, according to testimony, eventually involved Paterno and Spanier.

This is the second case, in which the victim hasn’t been identified.

It was about 9:30 at night on a Friday before spring break. McQueary testified that he came to the football building in order to drop off a pair of new sneakers and pick up recruiting tapes. Instead, he testified that he walked in on Sandusky sexually assaulting a boy, estimated to be about 10 years old, in the shower.

McQueary testified that the boy was pinned with his hands against the shower wall — just like Jim Calhoun had seen two years earlier — as Sandusky stood behind him.

McQueary was shocked. Both Sandusky and the boy — who remains unidentified — saw him, he testified.

Instead of taking action to stop what he was watching, McQueary testified that he left immediately and told his father. The next morning, McQueary said, they went to see Paterno.

And what did McQueary say?

We don’t know. The grand jury presentment that has been given to the public, simply says that McQueary “reported what he had seen.”

According to Paterno’s testimony, McQueary told the coach he had witnessed Sandusky “fondling or doing something of a sexual nature” to the boy.

Two days after the report was released, Paterno issued a statement saying he wanted to correct the impression left by the presentment.

Even though Paterno himself had told the grand jury that McQueary saw “something of a sexual nature,” Paterno said this week that he had stopped the conversation before it got too graphic. Instead, he told McQueary he would need to speak with his superior, Athletic Director Tim Curley, and with Schultz.

That meeting did not happen for 10 days.

What was said at that meeting is in dispute.

McQueary testified he told the men in specific detail exactly what he’d seen, and what he testified to before the grand jury.

Curley and Schultz say nothing criminal was described. Instead, Curley says, it was characterized as “inappropriate conduct” or “horsing around.

Schultz said it seemed like “not that serious.”

But Schultz also admitted to the grand jury that McQueary had reported seeing “inappropriate sexual conduct” between the older man and the young boy, and possibly Sandusky “inappropriately grabbing the young boy’s genitals.”

Neither man called the police. Instead, they decided to tell former President Graham Spanier.

Spanier testified that he was only told there was “horsing around” in the shower — between Sandusky and a boy. And that had made a member of Curley’s staff “uncomfortable.” Spanier told the grand jury he didn’t hear that the incident was sexual.

Spanier never asked to speak with McQueary.

Spanier signed off on their decision to ban Sandusky from bringing children from his charity, The Second Mile, into the Penn State football building.

The ban, Curley admitted, was unenforceable.

And in fact, Sandusky attended Second Mile football camps with kids on other Penn State campuses as recently as 2008.

What about The Second Mile itself? Second Mile President Jack Raykovitz was told about the incident and the ban in 2002, the report says.

Raykovitz, too, never contacted the police.

When Raykovitz testified before the grand jury, he said Curley had merely told him an employee was “uncomfortable” about seeing Sandusky in the locker room shower with a boy, but that an internal investigation revealed no wrongdoing.

“At no time was The Second Mile made aware of the very serious allegations contained in the grand jury report,” Raykovitz said in a statement after the indictments. Raykovitz’s statement said the new details “bring shock, sadness and concern,” but said they had no indication any of the alleged abuse happened within charity programs and events.

According to the grand jury, then, here is how McQueary’s eyewitness account became watered down at each stage:

McQueary: anal rape.
Paterno: something of a sexual nature.
Schultz: inappropriately grabbing of the young boy’s genitals.
Curley: inappropriate conduct or horsing around.
Spanier: conduct that made someone uncomfortable.
Raykovitz: a ban on bringing kids to the locker room.

When The Patriot-News first reported details of the investigation in March, Raykovitz said he was assured by prosecutors that The Second Mile and its programs were not targets of the investigation.

Kelly will only say that the investigation is ongoing. However, Gov. Tom Corbett — who as attorney general began the Sandusky investigation — said Thursday night that the new attorney general will look into what The Second Mile knew.

Sandusky retired from the charity in August 2010. Raykovitz has said recently that Sandusky had no contact with children in the program after November 2008, when Sandusky notified them that he was under investigation.

A MOTHER'S SUSPICIONS

The alleged victim who finally kicked off a full-scale investigation — the one that led to Sandusky’s indictment — came forward in late 2008. He was a freshman at Central Mountain High School, where Sandusky was a volunteer football coach.

In an interview with The Patriot-News, the boy’s mother said that she began to suspect something was wrong when her son asked about a database for “sex weirdos” and when Sandusky began demanding to discipline her child.

She called school administrators, and voiced concern about Sandusky taking the boy out of class without permission.

The principal decided to ask her son if anything was wrong.

The boy broke down, confessing that Sandusky was abusing him, the mother said.

But there were earlier signs.

When a grand jury convened in 2009, two school officials testified that they had witnessed strange behavior from Sandusky while he was spending time at the school.

First, the football coach, Steve Turchetta, characterized Sandusky as being very controlling with Second Mile students, and often was alone with them. That included the alleged victim in this case.

Turchetta also testified that Sandusky could be “clingy” and “needy” when a boy would try to distance himself.

And the wrestling coach, Joe Miller, said he walked in on Sandusky lying face to face in physical contact with a boy on a wrestling mat one night in 2007 or 2008.

Miller also testified that Sandusky jumped up and said, “Hey, Coach, we’re just working on wrestling moves.”

Miller also noticed that Sandusky and the boy frequently hung out and often used the wrestling room.

Sandusky was barred from the school as soon as this victim made allegations against him, and Kelly praised the school district for acting appropriately.

The mother has told The Patriot-News she was upset to hear the district being commended.

“They told me to go home and think about what I wanted to do, and I was not happy,” she said. “They said I needed to think about how that would impact my son if I said something like that. I went home and got [my son] and we came to [Children and Youth Services] immediately.”

SO MANY CHANCES MISSED

These dates spanning 13 years share two common threads that run through the entire grand jury presentment. At each stage, boys voiced concern or pain or alarm at the conduct of Jerry Sandusky — or adults witnessed behavior they found troubling or alarming.

And at each stage, other adults dismissed, minimized or failed to act upon those concerns.

It remains to be seen whether any of these actions, or the statements behind them, are a matter for the courts. For now, only two things are certain:

Many of the accounts in this tragic and tangled history conflict with one another.

And everyone cannot be telling the truth.
And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2011, 05:30:43 PM »
Assistant coach who reported Penn State incident threatened, won't be at game
http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/10/justice/pennsylvania-coach-abuse/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
By Joe Sterling and Phil Gast, CNN
updated 11:37 AM EST, Fri November 11, 2011

(CNN) -- A Penn State assistant football coach who reportedly told Joe Paterno in 2002 he witnessed a young boy being sexually assaulted in a shower won't be at Saturday's Nebraska game because of "multiple threats," the university athletics website said Thursday night.

A graduate assistant at the time, Mike McQueary told a grand jury he had witnessed former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, now 67, assaulting the boy at the campus football complex.

Questions over how university officials responded to reports of alleged abuse cost coaching legend Paterno and university President Graham Spanier their jobs. McQueary has been criticized for not calling police, but he has not faced any legal charges.

According to a grand jury report, the graduate assistant entered a locker room on a Friday night in 2002 to stow away some sneakers.

"As the graduate student entered the locker room doors, he was surprised to find the lights and showers on," the grand jury report stated. "He then heard rhythmic, slapping sounds."

The assistant looked into the shower and "saw a naked boy ... whose age he estimated to be 10 years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky," the grand jury report stated.

Read the indictment (PDF) (warning: graphic content)

The graduate assistant reported the incident to Paterno, who in turn alerted Athletic Director Timothy Curley, Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly said earlier this week.

Kelly said the alleged failure of Curley and Gary Schultz, the university's senior vice president for finance and business, to report abuse claims to authorities "likely allowed a child predator to continue to victimize children for many, many years."

Instead of reporting the incident to authorities, Curley and Schultz banned Sandusky from having children from the charity he founded, Second Mile, visit the football building, Kelly said.

Sandusky's lawyer told CNN Thursday evening his client has already been tried in the court of public opinion.

Sandusky, who faces child rape charges, disputes the 23-page grand jury summary of graphic testimony, said attorney Joseph Amendola.

Penn State's new interim head coach carried a blunt message of solidarity for the alleged victims of sex abuse, firm confidence in his embattled players and a paean for Paterno.

Tom Bradley, the longtime defensive coordinator for the team, faced a roomful of relentless reporters Thursday working to glean more details about a case rocking the sports world.

Bradley didn't discuss the investigation, but he said he and his players were thinking about and grieving for the victims of the abuse and their families.

"We all have a responsibility to take care of our children," said Bradley, a Johnstown, Pennsylvania, native who played for the Nittany Lions in the 1970s and has been on the team's coaching staff for 33 seasons.

The university's board of trustees on Wednesday night fired Paterno, the winningest coach in major college football, and Spanier, effective immediately, a bombshell announcement that punctuated the gravity of the scandal.

A beloved national figure for his success on the field and his focus on academics and civics, the 84-year-old Paterno has faced withering criticism over his response to the charges against Sandusky.

Paterno reported the allegations to his boss. Pennsylvania's attorney general said it appeared Paterno had met his obligations under state law, but critics have said the coach should have reported the suspected abuse to police.

That perceived lapse led to the coach's downfall.

State Rep. Kevin Boyle, a Philadelphia Democrat, told CNN's Anderson Cooper he plans to introduce a measure aimed at ensuring that people who witness or learn of the abuse of a child report it to the proper authorities.

"In light of the alleged child sex abuse scandal at Pennsylvania State University, it is clear that a loophole exists in our law," Boyle said in an earlier news release. "My legislation would close that loophole by requiring those who are aware of the abuse to report it to law enforcement authorities, rather than simply following an in-house chain of command."

Boyle told "AC360" there was a deliberate "plot" by Penn State to cover up the allegations against Sandusky.

Bradley wouldn't discuss his relationship with Sandusky, whom he once worked for. But he delivered high praise for Paterno, remarks reflecting the strong love and allegiance people across America have had for the coach.

Paterno had a "dynamic impact" on many, and Bradley said he was "proud" to work for him. He said Paterno has "meant more to me than anybody except my father."

Backers of the coach affectionately known as "JoePa" showed up angry Wednesday night after news of his firing.

Hundreds of Penn State students spilled into the streets of State College in what started as an apparent celebration of Paterno, but it turned into a riot. The crowd tipped over a news van and decried the media in anger over Paterno's departure.

Penn State's Daily Collegian newspaper reported that "thousands of students gathered at Old Main at around 10:30 p.m., chanting "f--- the trustees" and "we want Joe."

"We stand united as students. We don't care what anyone else has to say. We want Joe," the Collegian quoted a student named Jimmy Gallagher as saying.

The newspaper reported that people hurled rocks and lit a small fire. Police moved in to restore order amid dismantled lightposts, broken windows and the smell of gasoline, according to the Collegian.

"Penn State does not need to be put in a worse light than its leaders already have," the Collegian editorialized. "The spotlight was on Penn State last night and we only drew more negative national attention to the Penn State name. The national media did not come for the students, but they stayed because we put on a show. The emotions brought on by the night varied from somber and respectful to angry and unlawful. This is not what Joe would have wanted."

Gov. Tom Corbett decried the violence.

"The eyes of the nation are on you," he reminded residents. "Please behave and demonstrate your pride in Penn State. Your actions speak much louder than your words."

Bradley, noting the disturbances, said he isn't worried about safety on game day.

Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne said Thursday that while he expects fans of both teams to be respectful, he wants to be sure the environment for the visiting Cornhuskers is secure.

"When you have more than 100,000 people in a stadium, it's probably impossible to conjure up enough officials, security people to absolutely guarantee what's going to happen," Osborne told Lincoln, Nebraska, radio station KLIN. "I just don't know how you do that. We will visit with them today and probably tomorrow and do everything within our power to make sure that there's adequate safety and security provided."

Nebraska's chancellor, Harvey Perlman, also released a statement, and expressed sympathy for the alleged victims in the Sandusky case.

"Looking ahead to Saturday's game, others will pour many issues into this football game," Perlman said in a statement. "Nebraska's participation in no way condones the conduct that has been alleged or makes a statement about the truth or falsity of the allegations."

Speaking to about 15 students gathered outside his house late Wednesday, Paterno said it will take time getting used to his new status after more than 60 years of coaching.

"A tragedy occurred, and we all have to have patience to let the legal process proceed," Paterno said in a written statement. "I appreciate the outpouring of support but want to emphasize that everyone should remain calm and please respect the university, its property and all that we value."

Pennsylvania's U.S. senators, Pat Toomey, a Republican, and Bob Casey, a Democrat, announced that they were rescinding their support for the nomination of Paterno for the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Sandusky, who was arrested Saturday, is accused of sexual offenses, child endangerment and "corruption of a minor" involving eight boys, most or all of whom he met through The Second Mile, the charity he founded to help troubled youths, prosecutors said.

Sandusky's involvement with The Second Mile provided him with access to "hundreds of boys, many of whom were vulnerable due to their social situations," the grand jury said. The former coach is said to have engaged in fondling, oral and anal sex with boys over at least 15 years, according to the investigative grand jury's summary of testimony.

Sandusky served 23 years as defensive coordinator for the Nittany Lions football team before retiring in 1999. Free on $100,000 bail, he has been accused of sexually abusing boys between 1994 and 2009.
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Offline donnay

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2011, 07:47:26 PM »
Excellent info, Satyagraha!  Thanks!
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."

Offline John_Back_From_The_Club_O

• From Hell to Veins
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2011, 08:08:39 PM »
Hi john, Amen to that..BUMPED+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thanks.

I really am fed up with it.

You go and do just a little research and this pedo crap is everywhere IN HIGH PLACES.

You know in the old days, people took care of that crap JUST AS BEHIND THE SCENES as the pedos themselves.
The Crowd Shouted... “Give us Barabbas!” ... and People, The NWO Gave Him To You.
http://www.dominicanajournal.org/give-us-barabbas/

https://www.greatagain.gov

Offline RabidSheep

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2011, 02:00:06 AM »
There were many missed chances to investigate as early as 1995

1979, when he founded The Second Mile. Should have been when they first caught it.

Offline RabidSheep

Offline rustygunn

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2011, 02:08:04 AM »
WOW...this article connects some dots....

Long used as a tactic by organized crime to control political figures, Sandusky's compromising lifestyle has many asking the degree to which Penn State’s program was corrupted by organized crime and whether the Second Mile Foundation was in any way linked to the Franklin Cover-Up which involved key political figures during the same time period at Omaha Nebraska’s Boys Town.

http://winsipcuster.blogspot.com/2011/11/jerry-sandusky-second-mile-foundation.html

Offline RabidSheep

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2011, 02:25:46 AM »

What about Ray Gricar, and the multiple instances of a failed investigation? This opens up a huge amount of doors; into this already crazy f'n story.

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2011, 05:09:43 AM »
Jerry Sandusky's autobiography, 'Touched,' is still available at The Penn State Bookstore
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/jerry_sanduskys_autobiography.html
Published: Friday, November 11, 2011, 6:11 PM 

STATE COLLEGE -- Copies of Jerry Sandusky's autobiography "Touched" were still available for purchase in The Penn State Bookstore as of mid-afternoon Friday.

Sandusky, Penn State's former defensive coordinator, is charged with sexually abusing eight children. In the wake of the Sandusky investigation, the university's board of trustees fired legendary coach Joe Paterno and university president Graham Spanier. In addition, the Attorney General's office has charged former athletic director Tim Curley with perjury as a result of the investigation.

"It is hopefully just a mistake, that they still have that [book] out and it's still available here,'' said one recent Penn State alum who glanced at the book, just to make sure it really was on sale. He asked that his name not be used.

Nope. It's not an oversight. A university bookstore spokesman said he was aware the book, which explores Sandusky's work with the children's charity he founded, The Second Mile, and his football career, was on display. It's located in the middle of the store, located on Pollack Road, not far from Old Main.

The Sandusky book can be found in a row entitled "Local Interest Section", between "Living Without Electricity", by Stephen Scott and Kenneth Pellman, and "The New Face of Small-Town America: Snapshots of Latino Life in Allentown, Pa..'', by Edgar Sandoval.

"I don't really have a comment on that,''' said a book store spokesman. "We haven't changed any operating  procedure.''

The same grad who was hopeful that the book availability was an "oversight", then frowned at the news it wasn't.

"That is shameful, to try and promote that [book], in my opinion,'' said the alum, who made trip from Washington, D.C. for Saturday's Penn State-Nebraska game at Beaver Stadium at noon.

"That fact that it's in Penn State's bookstore is really hard to believe,'' said another alum, originally from Lewistown, Pa. She also declined to be identified.

She added: "I'm struggling with the question why JoePa had to be fired and to see this, it's disappointing.''

She was asked if she thought The Penn State Bookstore should pull the book from the shelf.

"I would hope they would,'' she said.

==================

I guess one thing is true about Penn State: they take YEARS to change their operating procedures.

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2011, 05:11:37 AM »
Cinder block thrown through window at Sandusky house
http://articles.philly.com/2011-11-11/news/30387445_1_cinder-block-new-allegations-jerry-sandusky
November 11, 2011|By Sam Wood, INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Police in State College today said that vandals had attacked the home of former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky.

Sandusky, charged with 40 counts of sexual abuse against young boys, was not at home Thursday night when two pieces of cinder block went flying through the window of an unoccupied bedroom about 10:20 p.m., police said.

The investigation into the alleged abuse expanded Thursday to Texas as new allegations surfaced alleging Sandusky molested a boy in San Antonio twice in the 1990s.

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2011, 05:26:19 AM »
Fri, Nov. 11, 2011, 3:00 AM  
PSU trustees establish committee to investigate abuse scandal
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/penn_state/20111111_Penn_State_Board_of_Trustees_meets_on_scandal.html
By Jeff Gammage
Inquirer Staff Writer

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - With Gov. Corbett in attendance, Pennsylvania State University's Board of Trustees today established a committee to pinpoint responsibility for the sex abuse scandal that has rocked the institution to its very foundation.

At the board's first public meeting since the scandal erupted a week ago, Chairman Steve A. Garban said the panel would be headed by Kenneth Frazier, president, and chief executive officer of Merck & Co., and State Education Secretary Ron Tomalis.

Frazier, who will serve as chairman, promised an "impartial, open and transparent" inquiry that will document the failures that occurred, identify who was responsible and recommend any needed measures to insure it never happens again.

================================
TIME OUT: Understand what they've done:
THE CEO of a PHARMA GIANT is leading the investigative 'committee' to "pinpoint responsibility"? HELLO?
Merck & Co., Inc., is the SAME company that had a doctor "hit list" for doctors who wouldn't prescribe their toxic drug, Vioxx.

Merck's directive to their hit squads: "We may need to seek them out and destroy them where they live."

The committee will be composed mostly of trustees and the process of identifying other members will begin today, he said.

Earlier, Interim University President Rodney Erickson was greeted with a standing ovation from the board and said he would work to restore the university's integrity and confidence.

"This is a tragedy for many lives, and it will take all of us some time to come to grips with the full magnitude of all the damage that has been done," he said.  

"I know we can do this," Erickson said. "We are resilient. We are a University that can rebuild the confidence that so many people have had in us."

"Healing cannot occur until we understand how responsibilities to these children failed," Erickson said.

The board meeting came two days after it ousted Penn State's legendary football coach Joe Paterno and University President Graham Spanier in the Paterno and Spanier were fired Wednesday in the fallout of a grand jury report alleging retired assistant coach Jerry Sandusky sexually assaulted boys as young as 10.

Many of the alleged assaults happened on Penn State's campus, where Sandusky maintained an office as an emeritus professor.

Tempers ran high before the board meeting as PSU officials said there was no room for all the TV cameras trying to get inside.

Print reporters and others with minimal equipment squeezed into the ballroom of the Nittany Lion Inn on the State College Campus.

The meeting - and Corbett's attendance - was planned in advance of last week's grand jury report and mentions of its allegations were set aside until the end while the board discussed scheduled business.

Among the details to be reported was that Penn State had $9.2 billion in assets as of June 30.

The investigation into alleged child sex abuse by a Sandusky is expanding as state authorities explore new allegations against him and Texas police opened a probe into claims he molested a boy there twice in the 1990s.

Pennsylvania state troopers have interviewed at least two new accusers since Sandusky's arrest last weekend and were girding for more, according to a source close to the case but unauthorized to publicly discuss it.

Police believe the national spotlight will spur more victims to break years of silence, much like Catholic church sex-abuse scandal did, the source said.

A San Antonio police spokesman confirmed that detectives there were exploring charges against Sandusky for allegedly sexually abusing a boy during trips with Penn State's football team to bowl games in 1998 and 1999. "We are going to be taking what action we can to see if a case can be built," prosecutor Cliff Herberg told a local radio station, WOAI-AM.

The boy in that case is one of eight that Sandusky, 67, allegedly molested at his house, on campus, and on road trips between 1994 and 2008. He stepped down as Paterno's defensive coordinator in 1999 but maintained an office at the football complex and ties to the university through his foundation for underprivileged boys and camps it ran at Penn State.

Prosecutors have also charged two school administrators, athletic director Tim Curley and senior vice president Gary Schultz, with covering up an alleged 2002 campus assault by Sandusky and later lying about it to authorities.

All have denied the charges.

The National Collegiate Athletic Association said it would investigate whether actions by Penn State officials violated its bylaws. NCAA president Mark Emmert told ESPN the Sandusky case was "easily the worst scandal" he had ever seen in college sports.

According to the grand jury, a graduate coaching assistant said he saw Sandusky raping a young boy in the team showers one night in 2002 and reported it to Paterno and other administrators.

No one passed the information to law enforcement, even though Sandusky had been investigated at least once before for alleged inappropriate conduct with a boy.

Paterno and Spanier have denied any wrongdoing. The graduate assistant, Mike McQueary, is now a receivers coach for the team.

McQueary has been the focus of increasing public scrutiny and criticism for not notifying law enforcement of what he had seen. Thursday night, the university reported he had been the target of threats. In a statement, the university said "it would be in the best interest of all for Assistant Coach McQueary not to be in attendance at Saturday's Nebraska game."

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2011, 05:36:30 AM »

At the board's first public meeting since the scandal erupted a week ago, Chairman Steve A. Garban said the panel would be headed by Kenneth Frazier, president, and chief executive officer of Merck & Co., and State Education Secretary Ron Tomalis.

Frazier, who will serve as chairman, promised an "impartial, open and transparent" inquiry that will document the failures that occurred, identify who was responsible and recommend any needed measures to insure it never happens again.

TIME OUT: Understand what they've done:
THE CEO of a PHARMA GIANT is leading the investigative 'committee' to "pinpoint responsibility"? HELLO?
Merck & Co., Inc., is the SAME company that had a doctor "hit list" for doctors who wouldn't prescribe their toxic drug, Vioxx.

Merck's directive to their hit squads: "We may need to seek them out and destroy them where they live."

About Kenneth C. Frazier
http://www.allbusiness.com/marketing-advertising/4189472-1.html

Kenneth C. Frazier has served as president of Merck since May 2010. In this role, Mr. Frazier leads Merck's three major divisions: Global Human Health, Merck's pharmaceutical and vaccine business; Merck Manufacturing Division, Merck's manufacturing and supply division; and Merck Research Laboratories, Merck's research organization. Prior to being appointed president, Mr. Frazier served as executive vice president and president, Global Human Health, from 2007 to 2010.

Mr. Frazier joined Merck in 1992 as vice president, general counsel and secretary of the Astra Merck Group. He was elected vice president of public affairs in 1994 and in 1997, assumed the additional responsibilities of assistant general counsel, corporate staff. Mr. Frazier was promoted to vice president and deputy general counsel in January 1999. In December 1999, he became senior vice president and general counsel. In this role, he oversaw Merck's legal and public affairs functions and The Merck Company Foundation. In November 2006, he was promoted to executive vice president and general counsel.

Mr. Frazier sits on the board of directors of Exxon Mobil Corporation, The Pennsylvania State University and Cornerstone Christian Academy in Philadelphia, PA. Mr. Frazier also is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, the Council of the American Law Institute and the American Bar Association. He received his bachelor's degree from The Pennsylvania State University and holds a J.D. from Harvard Law School.

Offline RabidSheep

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2011, 05:45:20 AM »
Cant make this shiet up.

Offline rustygunn

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2011, 06:48:16 AM »
So, is that PSU committee investigative panel supposed to replace a criminal investigation, or work in conjunction with it?

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2011, 09:27:56 AM »
So, is that PSU committee investigative panel supposed to replace a criminal investigation, or work in conjunction with it?

It is not a replacement for a criminal investigation. This committee is tasked with running an ' "impartial, open and transparent" inquiry that will document the failures that occurred, identify who was responsible and recommend any needed measures to insure it never happens again.' -- or, you could say they're looking at why this happened at Penn State, finding suitable scapegoats, and figuring out how to do a better job covering it up next time.

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2011, 10:09:11 AM »
For those who haven't already seen the following:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3345008237622976440 (Part 1 of 2)
     http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4446560178588456167 (Part 2 of 2)
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline rustygunn

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2011, 11:05:25 AM »
It is not a replacement for a criminal investigation. This committee is tasked with running an ' "impartial, open and transparent" inquiry that will document the failures that occurred, identify who was responsible and recommend any needed measures to insure it never happens again.' -- or, you could say they're looking at why this happened at Penn State, finding suitable scapegoats, and figuring out how to do a better job covering it up next time.
Thanks Satya..

Offline rustygunn

« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2011, 11:28:39 AM »
Word is, Jerry Sandusky went shopping on Wednesday.

At Dick’s Sporting Goods.

Two workers at the store told me Friday that it was true – but said they weren’t in the store at the time and didn’t see him personally. Four other workers stiffly declined comment. Nobody refuted the story.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=AhcKcOkcRB_90yRAwbFgH345nYcB?slug=pf-forde_penn_state_weirdest_game_ever111111

Gee, I wonder could it be that a "suicide" my be getting set up here.  Why in the world would MSM report that he went shopping at Dicks Sporting Goods?  What did he buy......a gun?  The investigation would be all but over. 

...and why is he not in custody especially since it is documented that he told victim #6's mother that he wished he was dead. 

See 1998...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7212054/key-dates-penn-state-nittany-lions-sex-abuse-case

Offline donnay

« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2011, 11:33:03 AM »

Long used as a tactic by organized crime to control political figures, Sandusky's compromising lifestyle has many asking the degree to which Penn State’s program was corrupted by organized crime and whether the Second Mile Foundation was in any way linked to the Franklin Cover-Up which involved key political figures during the same time period at Omaha Nebraska’s Boys Town.

http://winsipcuster.blogspot.com/2011/11/jerry-sandusky-second-mile-foundation.html

That is a great article...you know what I find coincidental about this as well, the last game Penn State is playing is with Nebraska!  You can't make this stuff up!!

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2011, 11:33:39 AM »
For those who haven't already seen the following:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3345008237622976440 (Part 1 of 2)
     http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4446560178588456167 (Part 2 of 2)

Thanks Geo -this is an amazing expose.

Gunderson does a great job of exposing the past satan-worshipping origins and child sexual slavery crimes of the NWO, and in discussing the Franklin Scandal, we can see what might be another example of this happening at Penn State. The fact that we can observe the involvement of major globalist corporations (so far Kroll and Merck), means what might be viewed by some as a 'local' scandal will in fact turn out to be much much bigger than Pennsylvania, with footprints that have so far led to Texas ...and probably to D.C.  

Setting up a little blackmail once you get the videos of your 'rich donors' engaging in child rape must be more lucrative than any donation they would have made. Indeed, more than money - once you have them on video, you own their asses.

Offline rustygunn

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2011, 11:34:36 AM »
That is a great article...you know what I find coincidental about this as well, the last game Penn State is playing is with Nebraska!  You can't make this stuff up!!
That certainly is strange...very strange. 

Offline donnay

« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2011, 11:52:54 AM »

Offline chris jones

« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2011, 02:42:04 PM »
Saty's qoute....:Setting up a little blackmail once you get the videos of your 'rich donors' engaging in child rape must be more lucrative than any donation they would have made. Indeed, more than money - once you have them on video, you own their asses.
  That needs a bump and a half...
Getting the goods on a face and running him or her, lots of money and power...The elitist don't consider it blackmail, the beleive its simply everyday clever business. The way it is Horse ssHiiit.

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2011, 04:30:06 PM »
Here's another flashback:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypRzbmoF7lY

Here's the documentary about the Franklin Scandal coverup that Gunderson mentions in the video.
The documentary was scheduled to air on the Discovery Channel (was listed with air time in TVGuide), but prior to air time, the rights to the documentary were bought up by some members of congress, according to Gunderson, and the documentary was cancelled by Discovery.

Here's the documentary:

Conspiracy of Silence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weSzkIB8184

Jordan

« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2011, 11:47:44 PM »
Fifteen Adults at Penn State Knew About Child Sexual Assaults, Rapes and Did Not Act
I am still processing and still in shock from the revelations coming out of Penn State this week.  And the more I learn, the more revolted I become.

Consider for example, that 15 adults at Penn State--15 individual adults, all men--either witnessed directly or had knowledge of rape, sodomy, and assault of children by Jerry Sandusky and either did not act or whose actions were for naught. These include 12 adult men who were in positions of power, some of them members of law enforcement,  who did not do anything to protect children raped and abused or to prevent other children from being raped and abused. I am trying to wrap my head around this.  I am not sure I ever will.  The Daily has a list of the 15 men, what they knew and when they knew it.

They also have a timeline which indicates that reports were being made and investigations into Sandusky conducted as early as 1998 (perhaps earlier).  In 1998, for example, police listened in on a conversation between the mother of a victim of sexual assault, a boy with whom Sandusky took a shower, whom Sandusky "lathered up" and who then was "bear-hugged" by Sandusky. In the conversation, he admits to having assaulted this child. What do the police do? They tell Sandusky not to shower with boys. He says he can not promise not to do so.

It only gets worse--far worse--from there.  The list follows.

15 ADULTS WHO KNEW ABOUT ALLEGATIONS OF SANDUSKY’S BEHAVIOR BEFORE THE ARREST:

Joe Paterno, the legendary Penn State University football coach who was in his 46th season, was fired by the school’s board of trustees Wednesday.

Graham B. Spanier, Penn State’s president since 1995, also was fired by the board of trustees Wednesday. He was told of the 2002 shower incident but did not report the matter to police.

Tim Curley, Penn State’s athletic director, is charged by the state attorney general with perjury and failing to report to authorities what he knew of the allegations.

Gary Schultz, Penn State’s senior vice president for finance and business, is charged by the attorney general with perjury and failing to report to authorities what he knew of the allegations.

Mike McQueary, Penn State assistant football coach, says he witnessed Sandusky having anal sex with a boy in the shower in 2002 and reported the incident to his higher-ups.

Jim Calhoun, a janitor who saw Sandusky performing oral sex on a boy in 2000, suffers from dementia and is not competent to testify.

Ronald Petrosky, another janitor, was approached by a shaking and crying Calhoun in 2000. He testified that the janitors were afraid they’d lose their jobs if they told on Sandusky.

Jay Witherite, the janitors’ immediate supervisor, was told of the 2000 incident and left it up to Calhoun to report it.

Ray Gricar, formerly Centre County district attorney, investigated a 1998 claim about Sandusky acting inappropriately with a boy in the shower. He disappeared in 2005.

Ronald Schreffler, a campus detective, was told in 1998 to close the case on Sandusky.

Jerry Lauro, an investigator with the state Department of Child Welfare, interviewed Sandusky on the 1998 incident.

Thomas Harmon was director of campus police in 1998, when Sandusky was investigated.

Ralph Ralston, another campus police officer, worked on the Sandusky case in 1998.

Dr. Jack Raykovitz, executive director of The Second Mile, allegedly was notified of the anal sex incident in 2002.

Wendell Courtney was university counsel during the 1998 investigation and remains counsel for The Second Mile.

http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/article/2011/11/11/fifteen-adults-knew-about-child-sexual-assaults-at-penn-state-and-did-not-act

Offline trailhound

« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2011, 07:28:11 AM »
 I knew Prison Planet Forum would be all over this one, thanks for always being here raking in the muck I love you all!

I have been so busy lately I dont have time for much but I have been looking at this story the same way you are.  Im pretty sure we will be witnessing the cover up part2 in the following months and years.  The Merck guy really creepy!

Quote from: Satyagraha on November 12, 2011, 07:27:56 AM

It would be great if this thing unraveled into a full blown expose but we will have to wait and see, already its like the franklin coverup in that the boys have conflicting stories etc... sandusky suicide probably a good bet too. 

"Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." Qur'an 5:2
At the heart of that Western freedom and democracy is the belief that the individual man, the child of God, is the touchstone of value..." -RFK

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2011, 07:34:00 AM »
I knew Prison Planet Forum would be all over this one, thanks for always being here raking in the muck I love you all!

I have been so busy lately I dont have time for much but I have been looking at this story the same way you are.  Im pretty sure we will be witnessing the cover up part2 in the following months and years.  The Merck guy really creepy!

Quote from: Satyagraha on November 12, 2011, 07:27:56 AM

It would be great if this thing unraveled into a full blown expose but we will have to wait and see, already its like the franklin coverup in that the boys have conflicting stories etc... sandusky suicide probably a good bet too. 

Hey Trailhound: welcome back! Glad to see you here.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2011, 07:37:40 AM »
These guys who knew and kept stump. If it had been their son being assualted would they have kept quiet, not likely.
 Human nature is a bitch, this was a man with POWER, raping these kids. Had it been some grubby derelict they may have done something.
 A man of power raped kids, even the janitor who witnessed a child being sodomized was terrified to stand up in fear of being fired. Titles, power, the big dogs are well aware of their power over the common man. His mates on high reactions, the guys in high positions w/$$$ good paychecks, and who knows, maby even in the inner circle assumed reporting to their corporate boss, as if all is well its been reported, his job is safe, his loyalty proven to the higher echelon
 This is on a par with genocide, torture. A example is made with this in the comparision. How many of our people know we are slaughtering innocents and stay stump, wiggle the flag. Some, have come forward, bless em, it took courage and a good heart.
  But in general the safe way to play the game is wiggle the flag, hail the chief, send cookies to the troops, fit into the mold the elites have prepared and of course denounce those who resist as rable rousers and
un American.
  Power, a true sanctuary for Psychopaths, pig heaven. Damage controll is now in effect, teams of the powers Lackeys are covering for those who used this abomination.

Offline trailhound

« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2011, 07:50:34 AM »
http://www.huliq.com/10061/police-cover-penn-state-scandal-1998-report

A mother of one Penn State alleged sex abuse victim from 1998, was told by authorities to keep silent about the investigation into her son's complaint against Jerry Sandusky.
Ads by Google
Music: Watch Listen Shop
Rare video, exclusive audio, tee's, vintage poster art & photo, gifts. Wolfgangsvault.com

The first well-sourced and credible reports about Jerry Sandusky's alleged parade of child molestation victims appeared in local Harrisburg Patriot-News earlier this year because information from first hand sources was suppressed for years.

A scathing editorial in the paper appeared on Thursday taking readers through the timeline of the Pat-News' coverage and investigation.

Responding to local residents' queries about why nothing was reported prior to last weekend's public statements from Pennsylvania State's police commissioner and attorney general, the Pat-News set forth the trail of facts.

First and foremost is the sad fact that no victims were willing to come forward until the 1998 incident on the Penn State campus. At that time Jerry Sandusky allegedly took a shower with a young boy who claims that he was touched inappropriately.

The mother of the victim told the Pat-News that she was kept from speaking with media by the state police. No charges were filed and as we have come to learn, Sandusky abruptly retired from his longtime position as defensive coordinator at Penn State in 1999, maintaining an office on the premises and full access to the campus.

Another alleged Sandusky victim surfaced in 2002 after an eyewitness account of Sandusky with another young boy in the shower. Mike McQueary, a graduate assistant in the football program saw something unthinkable involving a former mentor and defensive coordinator. That was revealed care of the grand jury report.

The cover up, or silence to put it more mildly blanketed the situation and only this week it took down former head football coach Joe Paterno as well as the current university president.

Sandusky's alleged punishment for what Mike McQueary witnessed was a ban on him bringing his youth organization participants to campus, which the Pat-News says was ignored time and again by the now indicted Sandusky.

From there the trail went cold once again until a child and wrestling coach came forward in 2009. From that report came the almost three year investigation that ended in indictments against two Penn State officials on perjury charges as well as the 40 counts against Jerry Sandusky.

The news reporting was spotty in the early stages of the 2009 incident's aftermath because of the lack off good sourced journalism. As the Pat-News points out, it requires two and sometimes three independent sources for making allegations as serious as criminal child molestation and rape.

Once it began to get material it could stand behind in print, it included new victim information and details of what appeared to be a very serious police investigation that could not keep its findings from seeing the light of day. The first detailed reporting on the Sandusky investigation appeared in print in March 2011.

What was the reaction of the local community to that coverage? Here are a couple of samples of the scorn heaped on the newspaper.

“Shame on those who have tried to defile the legacy that Jerry Sandusky has worked so hard to build."

“It truly is troubling to me to see a ‘reputable’ newspaper such as The Patriot-News carrying this type of sensationalist story,”

The other side of the tirade was heaped on the Pat-News after the facts changed and got worse seemingly every hour of every day this week. The public couldn't seem to digest the stories so serious and damaging that came after years of silence.

No one in the Penn State community wanted to believe it had been part of something that allowed boys to be harmed repeatedly. It's how the news is reported in a clean and legitimate organization like the Harrisburg Patriot-News.

FULL STORY:
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/penn_state_child_sex-abuse_sca.html

At the heart of that Western freedom and democracy is the belief that the individual man, the child of God, is the touchstone of value..." -RFK

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2011, 07:52:48 AM »

Jim Calhoun, a janitor who saw Sandusky performing oral sex on a boy in 2000, suffers from dementia and is not competent to testify.

Ronald Petrosky, another janitor, was approached by a shaking and crying Calhoun in 2000.

He testified that the janitors were afraid they’d lose their jobs if they told on Sandusky.

Fear of losing their jobs.
I think a lot of the conspirators of silence had fears: at the bottom level - fear of losing their jobs.
Next rung: fear of losing some benefits associated with their jobs... the comfy relationship to the boss, to power.
Then next level: fear of losing their bonus pay.
Then fear of losing their connections to higher levels of power.
Fear of losing their sexual gratification via the pedophile ring.
Fear of being exposed as a pedophile.
Fear of being demonized for speaking out.

Then, when the fear level isn't quite high enough:

Gricar disappeared suddenly in 2005. He remained missing and was declared dead earlier this year. Tony Gricar, family spokesman, said his uncle had developed a “bitter taste” for the football program and Paterno.

Fear of being 'suicided' for talking.
Fear fear fear fear.
Fear works.

Offline trailhound

« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2011, 08:13:23 AM »
 fear of chemical lobotomy and assisted suicide... :P

Offline chris jones

« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2011, 09:11:19 AM »
Below are audios of Gerrys Gospel sermons. I am not Christian bashing, please know that before hand.
 All I am making reference to is the mask pyschos must wear, be it the Gerry's and his elite mateys, or our political scumsukers. To go forward, Mr. Bush did it, talked to God born again, Cain did it yesterday, announcing "God told him to run for president".
  And of course here is Jerry was giving sermons in the gospell meetings..

Church of Christ, in Galena Indiana..facebook..
Posts Tagged ‘ gerry sandusky ’
Gerry Sandusky March 2009 Gospel Meeting (Audio)
Mar 21st, 2009 | By John | Category: Audio, Gospel Meetings
The audio from Gerry Sandusky’s March 2009 Gospel Meeting has now been posted. Give it a listen!

Tags: gerry sandusky, god, grace, jesus, living sacrifices, lord, meeting god, narrow way, prodigal, responsibility, suffering Posted in Audio, Gospel Meetings | No Comments »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke 15, Prodigal Son, Gerry Sandusky, 2009.03.17
Mar 17th, 2009 | By John | Category: Gospel Meetings, Video
Here is a sermon on Luke 15 entitled “Prodigal Son.” Preached by Gerry Sandusky on Tuesday, April 17, 2009. Our Gospel Meeting with Gerry Sandusky was April 15–20, 2009.

Tags: gerry sandusky, gospel meeting, luke 15, prodigal son Posted in Gospel Meetings, Video | No Comments »

Matt. 25, Responsibility, Gerry Sandusky, 2009.03.16
Mar 16th, 2009 | By John | Category: Gospel Meetings, Video
Here is a sermon on Matt. 25 entitled “Responsibility.” Preached by Gerry Sandusky on Monday, April 16, 2009. Our Gospel Meeting with Gerry Sandusky was April 15–20, 2009.

Tags: gerry sandusky, gospel meeting, matt. 25, responsibility Posted in Gospel Meetings, Video | No Comments »

Rom. 12, Living Sacrifices, Gerry Sandusky, 2009.03.15pm
Mar 15th, 2009 | By John | Category: Gospel Meetings, Video
Here is a sermon on Rom. 12.1–2 entitled “Living Sacrifices.” Preached by Gerry Sandusky on Sunday, April 15, 2009, during the evening service. Our Gospel Meeting with Gerry Sandusky was April 15–20, 2009.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2011, 10:04:30 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rev-emily-c-heath/jesus-penn-state-and-the-_b_1090289.html

Jesus, Penn State, and the Second Mile

When news of Jerry Sandusky's indictment came down I learned for the first time that the name of the charity he had founded to help boys and young men in need of support, the same one he allegedly used to find his victims, was the Second Mile. I was immediately struck by the irony.

The Second Mile takes its name from a parable told by Jesus. (You know, the same guy who said of those who would hurt children that it would be better for them to tie a millstone around their neck and be thrown into the sea). Jesus tells his disciples that if anyone forces them to go one mile, they should go a second mile. In other words, the bare minimum, even in the face of a difficult task, is not enough.

We can all agree that Sandusky's alleged actions were reprehensible. The fact that he committed his alleged acts under the guise of a charity which used Jesus' words to name itself is especially ironic. And yet I keep being drawn back to this phrase of his own choosing, this "second mile". It explains nothing to me about Sandusky's alleged behavior, but it tells me everything I need to know about why the inaction of seemingly everyone else at Penn State has been so deeply and ethically troubling.

I have always respected Joe Paterno and his image as a coach who valued character as much as he did athleticism. Paterno was famed for telling his players that he expected more than just the bare minimum from them, both on the field and off. And yet, when faced with devastating information about the victimization of a child, he did just that: the bare minimum.

The same is true of then-graduate assistant, now assistant coach, Mike McQueary. Most of us, when confronted with what he described to the grand jury, the brutal rape of a child, would have down whatever we could have to stop it. And yet, in what is one of the most gut-wrenchingly horrible parts of the 23 page grand jury report, McQueary states that both Sandusky and the victim saw him during the act. And instead of saving the child, a child who had seen that he had seen what was going on, he left and called his father.

Neither man went the second mile. They seem to have done only what was required of them by law, and no more. And, unlike the tasks Jesus was referring to when he told his disciples to go the extra mile, tasks like unjust forced labor mandated by the Roman occupiers, the demands of the laws both had to follow were incredibly just. Protecting children is one of the easiest demands our laws make of us, and yet our basic humanity should compel us to do more than just the bare minimum required by the spirit of the law.

We should be willing to go the second mile to protect children not out of legal obligation, but because our conscience compels us to do so. Reporting a former player and coach to the police may not have been pleasant for Paterno or McQueary, but it shouldn't have been in any way been a moral gray area.

Instead, we are now left with the feeling that when it was written that, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing," it may as well have been written about the coaches and administrators of Penn State.

But what happened at Penn State is not new. It's just the newest example to be picked up by media outlets everywhere. We've heard it before when Kitty Genovese was killed while bystanders watched, or when genocide has occurred in plain site, or when gross civil rights violations have occurred and ranks are closed around the perpetrators. Inaction in the face of evil and injustice is nothing new.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline 37

• "The President of what?"
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2011, 01:40:53 PM »
I didn't realize Penn State was a Catholic school...  ;)

Disgusting.  Here again, like Mark Foley, we have someone connected to a youth charity molesting the very kids they claim to help.

This is a point we should be making to people.  There is abundant evidence of pedophiles getting into positions of power with access to children.  If those sick individuals do that, why is it hard to believe that sociopaths seek positions of political power?  Why is it hard to believe that your government would make policies against your safety and well being for a mere payoff?

Sick people love power, this is why the good people can't afford to just ignore the atrocities committed by their government.  Sooner or later the sick fvckers are going to start getting their rocks off putting the boot on your neck.  You have to stop funding war and the looting of the economy.  You have to voice your concern and, at the very least, send them a letter telling them you are watching very closely.

BTW...it's obvious there was influence involved here...broad daylight child molesting in such a public setting?  How much you want to bet there are cameras in that shower?  Or a two way mirror...there was a larger audience than just this one pervert.

BTW...that's the best Huffington piece I've read since AOL bought it.
"Whatever it is, I am against it."  -Groucho Marx

Channel 37
http://www.youtube.com/user/jmortimer37

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2011, 01:58:37 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Paterno

On October 29, 2011, Paterno recorded his 409th career victory with a 10–7 victory over Illinois. Facing a 7–3 deficit, Penn State drove 86 yards on their final drive to score a touchdown. A missed 42-yard field goal by Illinois which would have sent the game to overtime secured Paterno's 409th victory. With this victory, Paterno passed Eddie Robinson to become the winningest head coach in Division I college football. He trails the leader, John Gagliardi of Division III Saint John's University, by 73 wins.

Here is a point to ponder.  Did these shameless scum hide this scandal so Paterno get the record for the most wins by an NCAA Division 1 football coach?  He got the record the week before all this blew up in their faces.  I hope Paterno is forever remembered for what he did not do--protect those little boys. I hope  the College Football Hall of Fame rescinds Paterno's induction into their hall of fame.

I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.