And the next TARGET IS: Syria - Post all lead up stories here !

Author Topic: And the next TARGET IS: Syria - Post all lead up stories here !  (Read 45385 times)

Offline phasma

• Have a H.A.A.R.P.Y DAY !
And the next TARGET IS: Syria - Post all lead up stories here !
« on: October 31, 2011, 04:39:46 AM »
I have noticed more and more news (bad news) regarding Syria in the last few weeks. I wrote somewhere in the Gadaffi Dead thread that there have been alot of political shows on BBC regarding middle east destability and some analyst said - weeks ago that the leader of Syria should be worried. I am now convinced they are next - especially as I found this today:

http://www.bbcnewsupdate.com/syria-has-tried-to-build-a-nuclear-reactor-iaea-chief.html

Syria Has Tried To Build A Nuclear Reactor: IAEA Chief

(We all know if any one other than "us" builds reactors it aint for fuel - its for bomb making right? right.)

BbcNewsUpdate: The head of the International Atomic Energy Agency said the first was destroyed by a target of Israeli warplanes in the desert of Syria in 2007 was the site of a secret nuclear reactor control future against the claims that Syria has no nuclear secrets.

previous reports from the International Atomic Energy Agency, suggested that the structure could have a nuclear reactor. Thursday’s Notes to the head of the IAEA Yukiya Amano for the first time the agency has said explicitly.

Amano, alignment with the United States, said that for the first time three years ago the target was bombed a nuclear reactor, the observations could increase pressure on Syria to stop obstructing the agency requested more information of its nuclear activities.

Amano spoke at a press conference to focus on the Fukushima nuclear disaster, after a visit to Paris-based Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development to discuss Japan’s efforts to clean up the tsunami-ravaged nuclear plant.

“… The installation was destroyed by Israel’s nuclear reactor under construction,” he said in a press conference in answer to the whole, I repeat, the Associated Press AP reported comments afterwards: “It ‘s been the construction of the reactor” .

Suggesting that Amano had erred by making public comments later, the IAEA issued a statement that he “did not say that the IAEA had concluded that the place was certainly a nuclear reactor.”

Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise - Surangama Sutra

Offline phasma

Re: And the next TARGET IS: Syria - Post all lead up stories here !
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 04:42:47 AM »
more . . .

Syrian Pro-democracy activists want international help
Bbcnewsupdate:Syria’s underground opposition called on the international community on Thursday to send human rights monitors to help prevent military attacks against civilians in a crackdown on popular discontent increasingly bloody. “The Syrian people urged the UN to adopt a resolution to create a permanent mission in Syria ‘, activists say on their Facebook page,” Syrian [...]

5:39 am | Posted in Middle-East | Read More »
Syrians have the right to democracy too: Sarkozy
 Bbcnewsupdate:During the meeting with a leader of the Libyan rebel movement that toppled Muammar Qadhafi’s regime the French President Nicolas Sarkozy said on Wednesday that “Syrian people  have the right to democracy ” . “Syrians have the right to democracy too, and they are not condemned to being suppressed by a regime that does not understand [...]

10:24 am | Posted in Middle-East | Read More »
Cheney says he advised Bush to bomb Syria in 2007: NYT
Bbcnewsupdate:Former US Vice President Dick Cheney says in a new memoir that he urged President George W. Bush to bomb a suspected Syrian nuclear reactor site in June 2007, but the ex-president rejected the idea.  Cheney writes he was “a lone voice” for military action against Syria, according to The New York Times, which got [...]

9:53 am | Posted in Us & Canada | Read More »
World leaders call on Assad to go
Bbcnewsupdate:Barack Obama  on Thursday accused Assad  of “torturing and slaughtering” his people.He and  and European Union called on Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to step down. Stern message of President Barack Obama has led to similar calls from the pack a clear expansion of Western powers pressure on Assad to stop a bloody uprising five months repressive Arab [...]

Offline able

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 05:02:00 AM »
keep in mind that Syria has a mutual defense treaty with Iran...

if you take the dogs ball it will come to you.
my kids are not cannon fodder for the n.w.o!

Offline phasma

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 05:03:53 AM »
I think taking "out" Syria may weaken Iran somewhat . . .also make a nice staging post for when we do eventually go for Iran.

Offline All4truth

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 07:34:31 AM »
I think taking "out" Syria may weaken Iran somewhat . . .also make a nice staging post for when we do eventually go for Iran.

They don't really need Syria to go into Iran.  They are already in Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan.  They are surrounding them already.

I imagine the taken of Syria is in the same line as Libya.  A leader who doesn't want to play by their rules, so they will take him out.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 09:19:32 AM »

Yes, it appears that Syria is next.  But you never know with the NWO. 
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline America2

• Romans 10:9-10 King James Version
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 10:10:44 AM »

Don't forget about the prophecies in Isaiah 17:1-3, over Damascus being blown to ruins.

Offline shipgeek

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 10:18:43 AM »

total insanity
we have no right interfering in other countries internal affairs especially when our economies are falling apart and our moneys are worth like toilet paper

dictators?
why don't they get Mugabe?

how about china?
remember tian an men?

they are too scared to attack china
a couple of their ICBMs would flatten Paris or New York instantly

E MARE LIBERTAS

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 10:33:05 AM »
total insanity
we have no right interfering in other countries internal affairs especially when our economies are falling apart and our moneys are worth like toilet paper

dictators?
why don't they get Mugabe?

how about china?
remember tian an men?

they are too scared to attack china
a couple of their ICBMs would flatten Paris or New York instantly

Of course, the most insane is Insane John McCain---he wants to attack Iran, China and Russia.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 02:14:29 PM »
The parasites are feeding, sure they want Syria as well as Iran, in fact maby even America.
Colateral effect, we keep hearing that, what is the effect of perpetual waring domesticly.
""""""""""""""""""""  bubbles and bailouts.
"""""""""""""""""""" Federeal Reserve...Joblessness, corporate foreign investment,homeles, national debt, etc.
No need to go on is there, without wars we would be in fine shape, all these BS scenarios would not exist
Someone made the statement, without profit there would be no wars, it might have been Eisenhower, I'm not sure. What I am sure of if we don't end the wars, we are on the way out. Americans have been raised, trained, brainwashed, we are the right and the might, we do no wrong, WARRRRR, wiggle the flag. beat the war drums, onward Chrisitan soldiers, to do or die, stand behind the troops, cookys and candy,Horse dung, or avoid the reality..  People in general focus on the targets not the bullseye, the problem is there are skinsacks running this nation and they are not Americans, they are FK neocon goblalists.In order to obtain their goal they must bring this nation down, But how do they take down this country, from the inside, infiltraitors, wars brings down a nation domestically, in every sense. Its not just Syria they want the USA, its freedoms-(whats left of them), and alteration of our const.
Whats the deal with syria...
The veto by Russia and China of a binding UN security council resolution threatening unspecified measures against Syria caps months of feverish diplomatic action at the UN. Britain, France and Portugal knew they were facing an uphill struggle, so they diluted and qualified the text of what they were proposing in order to avoid failure. But they failed anyway.

Since military action was explicitly excluded in the final "blue" draft of the resolution, the optimists thought, or hoped, that Russia might comply. But on Tuesday night, officials said, there
was a last-minute hardening of Moscow's position. Beijing, as ever, dutifully followed suit. Lebanon, India, South Africa and Brazil – currently on the council – abstained.

Offline Dok

• end times and current events
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 09:47:14 AM »
UN Discovers Evidence of Syria-Pakistan Nuke Ties

The United Nations has uncovered evidence that Syria may be trying to develop nuclear weapons.

U.N. investigators say a building in northwest Syria closely matches the design of a uranium enrichment plant the late Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi tried to build under the guidance of A.Q. Kahn.

Khan is considered the father of Pakistan's atomic bomb.

rest: http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2011/November/UN-Discovers-Evidence-of-Syria-Pakistan-Nuke-Ties/

HOW TO BE SAVED
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_saved.html

Ye Must Be Born Again!
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/ye_must_be_born_again.htm

True Salvation & the TRUE Gospel/Good News!
http://www.contendingfortruth.com/?p=1060

how to avoid censorship ;)

Offline phasma

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 02:44:07 PM »
thanks . . . it seems the case for going in hot to Syria is building

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 03:24:38 PM »
Yes, it appears that Syria is next.  But you never know with the NWO.

But we do know that Webster Tarpley and others tried to warn all of the so-called "anti-war" liberals about how Obama was just as much of an imperialist warmonger as Bush, and that they arrogantly refused to listen:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2330153707536467269 (The Men Behind Obama by Webster Griffin Tarpley)

And we also know that, contrary to what Obamanoids would still have everyone believe, Obama was not the only alternative to McCain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmZpSCMBy4k (Third Party Presidential Debate)
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline shipgeek

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 03:26:40 PM »
Those who abstain are traitors.

When will they have the courage of saying NO if they think NO?
E MARE LIBERTAS

Offline Freeski

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 03:07:55 PM »
Clashes Between Syrian Forces, Protesters Killing at Least 30 Civilians, 26 Soldiers
November 11, 2011
BEIRUT -- Syrian security forces fired on anti-government protests Friday, At least 30 civilians and 26 soldiers were killed in Syria ahead of Friday prayers, Reuters reports.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/11/11/syrian-forces-fire-on-protesters-killing-at-least-30-civilians-26-soldiers/#ixzz1dQftkqVA
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline phasma

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »
http://m.skynews.com/article/worldnews/16108144

The Syrian regime has committed crimes against humanity during its ongoing crackdown in Homs, according to a report by Human Rights Watch.
The organisation says there is evidence of "systematic abuse" of civilians by government forces, including unlawful killings and torture.
It has urged the Arab League to suspend Syria when it meets to discuss the crisis at an emergency meeting this weekend.
The group has also called for the UN Security Council to impose sanctions and an arms embargo on the Syrian regime.

Its report focuses on violations by the Syrian security forces between April and August, when 587 civilians were killed in the city of Homs and the surrounding governate.
Researchers conducted interviews with more than 100 victims and witnesses. 
One woman described how her family joined a protest that came under fire.
"The guns were machine guns," she told researchers. "My husband leaned over our son to protect him but the bullet entered our son's stomach."
The child, who was badly injured but survived, was three years old. 
Other interviewees described detentions and torture.

One man said: "They were beating me, and pouring water on me, and then using electric stun guns."
Human Rights Watch said it had independently verified 17 deaths in detention in Homs.
The parents of one man killed told researchers that they were only allowed to retrieve his body after they signed a statement saying he was killed by "extremists".
The Homs governate has become the focal point for Syria's military crackdown.
The regime is reported to have killed another 104 people in Homs since it agreed to an Arab League plan to end the violence on November 2.
Sarah Leah Whitson, of Human Rights Watch, said: "Homs is a microcosm of the Syrian government's brutality.
"The Arab League needs to tell President Assad that violating the agreement has consequences, and that it now supports (United Nations) Security Council action to end the carnage."

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 04:32:30 PM »
Bump

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 04:39:20 PM »
http://m.skynews.com/article/worldnews/16108144

One man said: "They were beating me, and pouring water on me, and then using electric stun guns."

For a minute I thought this guy was at Guantanamo.
And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline phasma

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 05:02:34 PM »
:) Satyagraha

Syrian unrest one of big stories on bbc news at ten.

Offline Dok

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 10:26:42 AM »
Arab League suspends Syria, demands end to killing

The Arab League suspended Syria and called on its army to stop killing civilians in a surprise move on Saturday that turned up the heat on President Bashar al-Assad.

The League will impose economic and political sanctions on Assad's government and has appealed to member states to withdraw their ambassadors from Damascus, said Qatar's Prime Minister Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim al-Thani. It will also call a meeting of Syrian opposition parties, he said.

"We were criticized for taking a long time but this was out of our concern for Syria," Sheikh Hamad told reporters in Cairo. "We needed to have a majority to approve those decisions."

Hopes among Western powers that Assad would be isolated by his Arab neighbors were repeatedly dashed until now.

rest: http://news.yahoo.com/shrouds-lain-cairo-street-arabs-meet-syria-121942024.html
HOW TO BE SAVED

Ye Must Be Born Again!

Offline Byrne0ut

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 11:05:05 AM »
the drum beats of war are getting louder, this really reminds me of the later stages of 2002-2003 before the Iraq war started. They say they want diplomacy but its all just a side show to isolate and weaken their targets before making a move. I am feeling like the attacks on Syria and Iran will happen simultaneously.

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2011, 11:15:50 AM »
I am feeling like the attacks on Syria and Iran will happen simultaneously.

If they do, I'm sure Obama will be rewarded with another "peace prize."  ::)

Welcome to 1984.
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline Byrne0ut

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2011, 11:30:24 AM »
If they do, I'm sure Obama will be rewarded with another "peace prize."  ::)

Welcome to 1984.

Hey, he deserved that, he said he can imagine a world without nuclear war. Thats gotta mean something right.

Offline shipgeek

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2011, 11:44:53 AM »
The US and EU should mind their own business at home.
They re in such deep doo doo I don't see how they are going to finance more wars?

Attacking Iran is total madness. Unless they really want to ruin the whole Western world economy? Are you guys ready to pay crazy prices for your gasoline if you ever can find any at all and food with prices going through the roof and spend your winters without heating and such?

Iran will retaliate in their own right with the help of Russia and China who will supply them with weapons. Iran is armed to the teeth and they will get more missiles supplies from Russia and China if necessary.

I think Netanyahu is worse than Assad. Much worse.
E MARE LIBERTAS

Offline Dok

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2011, 05:29:50 PM »
Crowds in Syria attack Saudi embassy, French & Turkish consulates after Arab League suspension, sources say - @Reuters

http://af.reuters.com/article/commoditiesNews/idAFL5E7MC16S20111112
HOW TO BE SAVED

Ye Must Be Born Again!

Offline phasma

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2011, 06:06:06 PM »
Just like Libiya . . . are there agents provoking it i wonder. in any event its happening . . . slowly but surely. Syria first then Iran .

Offline whoknowswhat

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 06:16:39 PM »
hmm..  Didn't China have some kind of oil deal with Libya?  Wasn't there talk of a number of fighter jets being given to Gadaffi to protect this deal? What happened?

Offline chris jones

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 06:31:29 PM »
hmm..  Didn't China have some kind of oil deal with Libya?  Wasn't there talk of a number of fighter jets being given to Gadaffi to protect this deal? What happened?
Just to throw it in there, Gadaffi had stockpiles of surface to air missles, they wern't used were they?...
Now they are in the hands of Alciada.

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 02:41:17 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-15706851

The Arab League has voted to suspend Syria from its meetings and impose sanctions against Damascus over its failure to end a government crackdown on protesters.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/12/opinion/analysis-arab-league-syria-vote/

I strolled through the halls of the Arab League's headquarters in Cairo the other day, perusing all the family photos of Arab leaders at various summit meetings over the years.

There was deposed Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, deposed and violently disposed of Libyan "Brother Leader" Moammar Gadhafi, exiled Tunisian President Zine Abedine Ben Ali, Yemen's beleaguered President Ali Abdullah Saleh, and Syria's embattled President Bashar Al-Assad.

Uneasy, I thought, must sit the other heads of state featured in those photos.

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2011, 03:57:34 AM »
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hTJCFowaS8QIRu_DqdjGZO6XHDpw?docId=512468a8627c4f0b8641550b559ca3a1

Syrians protest Arab vote, embassies stormed

By ZEINA KARAM, Associated Press – 26 minutes ago

BEIRUT (AP) — Syrian state television reports that thousands of pro-regime demonstrators are gathering in a Damascus square to protest the Arab League's vote to suspend Syria over its bloody crackdown on the country's eight-month-old uprising.

Sunday's protest follows angry demonstrations late Saturday that saw supporters of President Bashar Assad attacking the Qatari and Saudi embassies in the Syrian capital. The Saudi media said that protesters managed to enter the kingdom's compound and ransack some parts within.

Saturday's Arab League decision was a sharp rebuke and humiliating blow to the Syrian regime. It is unlikely however to immediately end a wave of violence that the U.N. estimates has killed more than 3,500 people since mid-March.

Copyright © 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2011, 03:58:15 AM »

General view of the Arab League emergency session on Syria at the Arab League headquarters in Cairo, Egypt, Saturday, Nov.12, 2011. Arab foreign ministers gather to discuss Syria's failure to end bloodshed caused by government crackdowns on civil protests. The Arab League voted Saturday to suspend Syria from all meetings until it implements plan to end bloodshed. (AP Photo/Amr Nabil)

Offline Dok

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2011, 11:46:14 AM »
Turkey to evacuate diplomatic families in Syria: TV

Turkey will evacuate the families of its diplomats in Syria after protesters attacked its missions there in the wake of the Arab League's decision to suspend Damascus, broadcaster CNN Turk reported on Sunday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/13/us-syria-turkey-idUSTRE7AC0HA20111113

Syria government calls for urgent Arab summit to discuss spiraling unrest:

Facing growing isolation, the Syrian government called for an urgent Arab summit to discuss the country's spiraling political unrest and invited Arab League officials to visit before its membership suspension was to take effect on Wednesday.

In a significant concession, the government said the Arab officials could bring any civilian or military observers they deem appropriate to oversee implementation of an Arab League plan for ending the bloodshed.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_SYRIA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-11-13-07-32-16
HOW TO BE SAVED

Ye Must Be Born Again!

Offline Dok

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2011, 03:30:07 PM »
Is this the next U.S.-NATO armed action?
Surprise move seen as step toward military campaign

In a surprise step that could precipitate a future U.S.-NATO military campaign, the Arab League today suspended Syria and called on its army to stop killing civilians.

The League announced it will impose economic and political sanctions on Syria's government and has appealed to member states to withdraw their ambassadors.

Arab League diplomats, speaking to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity, said that if Syria does not adhere to its demands for immediate reform, the organization will work to unify Syrian opposition groups into a coalition similar to that of Libya's National Transitional Council.

A next step, the diplomats said, would be to recognize the opposition as the sole representative of the Syrian people in a move that would symbolically isolate the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Those moves mimic the diplomatic initiatives taken to isolate Muammar Gadhafi's regime before the NATO campaign in Libya.

Similar to Gadhafi, Assad's regime has been accused of major human-rights violations, including crimes against humanity, in clamping down on a violent insurgency targeting Assad's rule.

Mass demonstrations were held in recent weeks in Syrian-insurgent strongholds calling for the international NATO coalition in Libya to deploy in Syria.

Damascus officials claimed to WND that NATO troops are currently training in Turkey for a Turkish-led NATO invasion of Syria.

Any deployment would come under the banner of the same "Responsibility to Protect" global doctrine used to justify the U.S.-NATO airstrikes in Libya.

Responsibility to Protect, or Responsibility to Act, as cited by President Obama, is a set of principles, now backed by the United Nations, based on the idea that sovereignty is not a privilege but a responsibility that can be revoked if a country is accused of "war crimes," "genocide," "crimes against humanity" or "ethnic cleansing."

A Turkish-U.S.-NATO strike could have immediate implications for Israel.

The Syrian president warned in a recent interview with a U.K. newspaper that foreign intervention in Syria would cause an "earthquake" across the region and create another Afghanistan, while directly threatening the Jewish state.

Assad reportedly made similar comments in a meeting in early October with Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmad Davutoglu. He was quoted stating, "If a crazy measure is taken against Damascus, I will need not more than six hours to transfer hundreds of rockets and missiles to the Golan Heights to fire them at Tel Aviv."

Assad also reportedly warned that "all these events will happen in three hours, but in the second three hours, Iran will attack the U.S. warships in the Persian Gulf and the U.S. and European interests will be targeted simultaneously."

rest: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=367441
HOW TO BE SAVED

Ye Must Be Born Again!

Offline Byrne0ut

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2011, 04:55:46 PM »
Is this the next U.S.-NATO armed action?
Surprise move seen as step toward military campaign

In a surprise step that could precipitate a future U.S.-NATO military campaign, the Arab League today suspended Syria and called on its army to stop killing civilians.

The League announced it will impose economic and political sanctions on Syria's government and has appealed to member states to withdraw their ambassadors.

Arab League diplomats, speaking to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity, said that if Syria does not adhere to its demands for immediate reform, the organization will work to unify Syrian opposition groups into a coalition similar to that of Libya's National Transitional Council.

A next step, the diplomats said, would be to recognize the opposition as the sole representative of the Syrian people in a move that would symbolically isolate the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Those moves mimic the diplomatic initiatives taken to isolate Muammar Gadhafi's regime before the NATO campaign in Libya.

Similar to Gadhafi, Assad's regime has been accused of major human-rights violations, including crimes against humanity, in clamping down on a violent insurgency targeting Assad's rule.

Mass demonstrations were held in recent weeks in Syrian-insurgent strongholds calling for the international NATO coalition in Libya to deploy in Syria.

Damascus officials claimed to WND that NATO troops are currently training in Turkey for a Turkish-led NATO invasion of Syria.

Any deployment would come under the banner of the same "Responsibility to Protect" global doctrine used to justify the U.S.-NATO airstrikes in Libya.

Responsibility to Protect, or Responsibility to Act, as cited by President Obama, is a set of principles, now backed by the United Nations, based on the idea that sovereignty is not a privilege but a responsibility that can be revoked if a country is accused of "war crimes," "genocide," "crimes against humanity" or "ethnic cleansing."

A Turkish-U.S.-NATO strike could have immediate implications for Israel.

The Syrian president warned in a recent interview with a U.K. newspaper that foreign intervention in Syria would cause an "earthquake" across the region and create another Afghanistan, while directly threatening the Jewish state.

Assad reportedly made similar comments in a meeting in early October with Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmad Davutoglu. He was quoted stating, "If a crazy measure is taken against Damascus, I will need not more than six hours to transfer hundreds of rockets and missiles to the Golan Heights to fire them at Tel Aviv."

Assad also reportedly warned that "all these events will happen in three hours, but in the second three hours, Iran will attack the U.S. warships in the Persian Gulf and the U.S. and European interests will be targeted simultaneously."

rest: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=367441

Yea but ghaddafi said the same type of things, militarily none of the middle eastern countries can stand up to an initial bombing campaign from the US and Israel.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2011, 05:58:08 PM »
OBAMA: idea that sovereignty is not a privilege but a responsibility that can be revoked if a country is accused of "war crimes," "genocide," "crimes against humanity" or "ethnic cleansing."
  This performer, puppet on the throne disqusts me to the core. He's is a CON in it for the sweet power trip, suking up the goodys and feeding his pyschotic ego.
  Under orders, our military has genocided, tortured, and are continuing their kill zones. It looks like sovereignty has been revoked, right here...If Oby displayed  one drop of truth to the people of this nation, he would be ousted. America is in a trance, so is a national conscience.

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2011, 07:06:57 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-15727325

Dozens of people are reported to have died in continuing unrest across Syria, as the king of neighbouring Jordan urged President Assad to stand down.

In one incident, about 20 troops were killed in a clash with army defectors in a southern town near the Jordan border, activists say.

Earlier, King Abdullah became the first leader to openly urge Mr Assad to quit.

He told the BBC that if he were in Mr Assad's position, he would start talks to ensure an orderly transition.

"I would step down and make sure whoever comes behind me has the ability to change the status quo that we're seeing," King Abdullah stated in an exclusive interview with BBC World News television.

He said: "If Bashar [al-Assad] has the interest of his country [at heart] he would step down, but he would also create an ability to reach out and start a new phase of Syrian political life.

"That's the only way I would see it work and I don't think people are asking that question."
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

Whenever you exert violence on your own people, it is never going to end well”

End Quote King Abdullah

* Key quotes

King Abdullah added: "Whenever you exert violence on your own people, it is never going to end well."

Offline Dok

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2011, 09:49:02 AM »
Pro-Assad supporters are attacking the Qatari, UAE and Moroccan embassies in Damascus, Syria - Al Arabiya TV via @NBCNews
Story data:

http://www.breakingnews.com/

@France24_en
[BREAKING] France recalls its Ambassador to Syria (French foreign Minister) http://t.co/5HUOlro3
HOW TO BE SAVED

Ye Must Be Born Again!

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2011, 09:55:06 AM »

Must listen to---AJ- 3rd Hour Yesterday--11-15-11

Webster Tarpley is in Syria---most of the killings are done by guess who?  The CIA/Muslim Brotherhood and others---just the way they did it in Libya.

Offline Dok

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »
Syria: Turkish-Arab call for 'urgent' action
BBC News - ‎48 minutes ago‎   

Turkey and members of the Arab League have called for "urgent measures" to protect Syrian civilians from a brutal government crackdown.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-15762260
HOW TO BE SAVED

Ye Must Be Born Again!

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2011, 12:33:04 PM »

Things are heating up.  I hope Tarpley can get out safely.