ATTACK WATCH: Obama's campaign to create snitches has major blowback

Author Topic: ATTACK WATCH: Obama's campaign to create snitches has major blowback  (Read 7242 times)

Offline Mr Grinch

;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XYKRokgX00&feature=player_embedded

By Elizabeth Williamson

What’s one of the top-trending Twitter hashtags in the nation today? Its’ #attackwatch, where scores of tweets each minute are lampooning President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign for encouraging supporters to report anti-Obama claims via a new website, AttackWatch.com.

The site, set up this week by Obama for America, encourages users to report opponents, news outlets, even rumormongers making dubious claims about the president’s positions and policy, so the campaign can debunk them. The president’s own @BarackObama twitter feed calls @attackwatch “a new way to track and respond to attacks against President Obama.”

The website is rendered in stark red and black, with the tagline “Get the Facts. Fight the Smears.” It currently bears the headlines: “Rick Perry’s massive jobs lie;” “Romney’s job chart shows flawed understanding of the facts;” and “Glenn Beck Twists the Facts on Israel.” A menu allows users to “Report an Attack,” view “Attack Files,” and “Support the Truth,” which means contribute to the campaign.

The site encourages users to post to Twitter under the hashtag #attackwatch–and that’s where the trouble started. The president’s, or the website’s detractors—including some well-known conservatives—are using the hashtag to ridicule the site as “authoritarian,” “paranoid,” and “#gestapo.” Others have just had a lot of fun with the idea of ratting out fellow citizens for saying or doing silly things. Among the tweets:

@thorninaz I saw someone purposely squeeze the Charmin in the grocery store

@gregmcrc…check this=9% unemployment, no green jobs, 49 million uninsured, 1 in 6 Americans in poverty

@Drill_Thrawl Hey Kids, are mommy and daddy talking bad about Obama? Be sure to report them at #attackwatch #1984

@jacarterlaw please be advised that I just failed to recycle my sugary drink can, cut down a tree, bought a gun, and recited the pledge’

And this:  @JLMandl I’m still using REAL LIGHT BULBS. Come get me!

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/09/14/twitterati-mock-obamas-attackwatch/  
The History Of Political Correctness or: Why have things gotten so crazy?

Common sense is not so common.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire

Offline RabidSheep

Re: ATTACK WATCH: Obama's campaign to create snitches has major blowback
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 05:08:27 PM »

;D Made me chuckle.

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 05:11:47 PM »
Thanks for that MrGrinch - I just had a great laugh reading the tweets on that ridiculous site...
example...

dennygirltwo Prudence
OMG! @moposc: Hey George Soros didn't U do something like #attackwatch during WWII by pointing out Jewish families 2Nazis?one of your ideas?
15 Sep
And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline Constitutionary

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 05:36:24 PM »
Ha ha they're getting desperate if they need citizen-snitches.

Offline Mr Grinch

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 06:39:08 PM »
The gift that keeps on giving.

No finer entertainment than free entertainment.

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=-XYKRokgX00

The most HYSTERICAL part of all of this is when you now GOOGLE "Attack Watch", this parody comes in ahead of the official Obama Snitch site. Can you say punked?
USAFighterpilot 2 hours ago 2

Some of the shit I've sent to this stupid site...

Obama's first language is actually Finnish

Obama knows fewer complete english phrases than Mitt Romney

Obama doesn't have a driver's licence

Obama is actually our first female president. We all know Michelle wears the pants in that relationship.

ect.
socialspasmdrums 2 hours ago

Complimentary food stamps and $1 peach sangrias with FREE REFILLS if you turn in a family member before midnight tonight to Mr. Obama's Attack Watch.com!
dharryg 4 hours ago 3

If you love me...you won't ask why Michelle is prohibited from practicing law in the state of Illinois.
dharryg 5 hours ago 3

If you love me...you won't ask why I voted 'present' as a Senator almost without exception.
dharryg 5 hours ago 2
#

If you love me...you won't ask why I never published ONE SINGLE article during my 12 year tenure as a professor of Constitutional Law.
dharryg 5 hours ago 3
#

If you love me...you won't ever ask any serious questions...like...like...like how come there aren't any old girl friends who remember me?
dharryg 5 hours ago 2

Anyone please post some funny tweets for us non twits.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire

Online chris jones

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »
Attackwatch..this is surreal..we can bet were on a list.
                 Is Oby attempting to mimick Adolf?

Offline Mr Grinch

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 11:38:29 PM »
Found the proper twitter link. I just hope this hilarity doesn't end to soon.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://twitter.com/#!/search/attackwatch

Im on a roll today.... I feel like this guy at 8:45.......
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1057579591806478733

Voltaire

Offline Mr Grinch

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 11:06:22 PM »
Its such a gift..... This has really kept me chuckling for days now... ;D ;D ;D

Hitler Discovers ATTACKWATCH is a Joke!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZPwDRZ6pTM

Now absolute proof of twitter trends doctoring.....

Fraud Watch – Twitter Censors Opposition to Obama from ‘Trending’ Reports: #AttackWatch
September 16, 2011, 7:17 am By Guest Author 11 Comments

If for some sane reason, you don’t know what  ”AttackWatch” is all about, we humbly submit an entry called, at the time of this update, “Fine! Updated with Hitler, The #AttackWatch!! Commercial + Black & Red Reruns.”

-  G  u  l  a  g  -  B  o  u  n  d  -
Twitter Hides #AttackWatch Trending – PROOF

by Doo Doo Econ
Doo Doo Economics Blog

While laughing at President Obama’s AttackWatch.com epoch fail on Twitter via the hash tag #attackwatch the site suddenly crashed for about an hour.  Twitter is not known for reliability, but what followed deserves a massive outcry.

When the site returned, #attackwatch was hidden from the trending topics. Twitter gurus @GulagBound and @ArlenWilliams helped piece together the evidence.

At the time of authoring the following were trending on Twitter:
....cont... with screen caps....
http://gulagbound.com/21152/fraud-watch-twitter-censors-opposition-to-obama-from-trending-reports-attackwatch/#.Tnaat80amM8.twitter

Voltaire

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 11:17:49 PM »
LOL awesome  thank you I needed a laugh
Rev21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Who am I
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Fk6dt_uHo

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 08:56:25 AM »
As the satirical video points out, the site is designed to instill fear... a black background with only this, centered on the page:

Reminds me of something...
(See something Say something)... but further back in time...

Stasi
The Untold Story of the East German Secret Police
http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/k/koehler-stasi.html?_r=2
By JOHN O. KOEHLER

THE STASI OCTOPUS

Like a giant octopus, the Stasi's tentacles probed every aspect of life. Full-time officers were posted to all major industrial plants. Without exception, one tenant in every apartment building was designated as a watchdog reporting to an area representative of the Volkspolizei (Vopo), the People's Police. In turn, the police officer was the Stasi's man.

If a relative or friend came to stay overnight, it was reported. Schools, universities, and hospitals were infiltrated from top to bottom. German academe was shocked to learn that Heinrich Fink, professor of theology and vice chancellor at East Berlin's Humboldt University, had been a Stasi informer since 1968. After Fink's Stasi connections came to light, he was summarily fired. Doctors, lawyers, journalists, writers, actors, and sports figures were co-opted by Stasi officers, as were waiters and hotel personnel. Tapping about 100,000 telephone lines in West Germany and West Berlin around the clock was the job of 2,000 officers.

Stasi officers knew no limits and had no shame when it came to "protecting the party and the state." Churchmen, including high officials of both Protestant and Catholic denominations, were recruited en masse as secret informers. Their offices and confessionals were infested with eavesdropping devices. Even the director of Leipzig's famous Thomas Church choir, Hans-Joachim Rotch, was forced to resign when he was unmasked as a Spitzel, the people's pejorative for a Stasi informant.

Absolutely nothing was sacred to the secret police. Tiny holes were bored in apartment and hotel room walls through which Stasi agents filmed their "suspects" with special video cameras. Even bathrooms were penetrated by the communist voyeurs.8 Like the Nazi Gestapo, the Stasi was the sinister side of deutsche Gründlichkeit (German thoroughness).

And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline adissenter2

• Revolt Time
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 10:12:55 AM »
Illinois
Secretary of State Jesse White
Skip to Content
SERVICES PROGRAMS PRESS PUBLICATIONS DEPARTMENTS CONTACT

CORPORATION FILE DETAIL REPORT
 Entity Name    OBAMA FOR AMERICA     File Number    65275031
 Status    ACTIVE
 Entity Type    CORPORATION     Type of Corp    NOT-FOR-PROFIT
 Incorporation Date (Domestic)    02/09/2007     State    ILLINOIS
 Agent Name    ILLINOIS CORPORATION SERVICE C     Agent Change Date    02/09/2007
 Agent Street Address    801 ADLAI STEVENSON DRIVE     President Name & Address    
 Agent City    SPRINGFIELD     Secretary Name & Address    
 Agent Zip    62703     Duration Date    PERPETUAL
 Annual Report Filing Date    01/28/2011     For Year    2011
Return to the Search Screen    

(One Certificate per Transaction)         
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! Molon Labe! Come and take them!

Offline Mr Grinch

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 02:50:59 PM »
September 19, 2011
Groucho Marx Saves America
By Stella Paul

America is roaring back -- with laughter.  A fed-up nation with itchy Twitter fingers is bringing down what's left of an insufferably pompous presidency.  How?  By unleashing the most American weapon of all: the wisecrack.

A hilarious barrage of catcalls and insults has greeted Obama's latest debacle, a Soviet-style website called Attack Watch.  With its terrifying design of red and black cellblocks, and scary photos of Obama's critics looking like Mafia hoodlums, Attack Watch openly solicits Americans to turn in their friends and neighbors for thoughtcrimes against the president.

Before we revel in our countrymen's deliciously rude response, let me show you the section of Attack Watch that truly creeps me out.  Do the Stasi wannabes that write Obama's copy really think this invitation will win us over?  "Join Attack Wire - and help stop the attacks on the President before they start."

Before they start!  Hey, comrades, is your wife muttering Rick Perry's name in her sleep?  Does Grandma secretly watch Glenn Beck?  Report your loved ones' pre-crimes to federal authorities now!  A few friendly adjustments with a fist, and we guarantee we'll stop those deviant, anti-Obama attacks, "before they start."  Help us, comrades!

Within nanoseconds of Attack Watch's debut, a parody video by Ezra Dulis and Misfit Politics had blasted through the web.  Then came the howls of Hurricane Twitter, a Category 5 of one-liners, as Americans competed to turn themselves in and report anti-Obama crimes.

"Hey, #attackwatch, I saw 6 ATMs in an alley killing a job. It looked like a hate crime!"  "#Attackwatch, there's a new Twitter account making President Obama look like a creepy, authoritarian nutjob."  "I'd like to report my neighbor - Bob, for surreptitiously scraping the Obama sticker off the bumper of his Prius."  "My neighbor won't give me all her money even though she makes more than me. Look into this please."

"I just found out that Janet Napolitano is my baby's father. Can you let him know? Thanks."  "Obama's ego is blocking my view of the sky."  "If I tell you my boss said something bad about Obama, can I get his job?"  "Hey #attackwatch, I found a website lying about Obama, it's called whitehouse.gov."  "My neighbor seems to be a bit of a freethinker. Should I take him out quietly tonight or wait for backup?"

"I just parked my private jet in a handicap space, left it running & bought lemonade from little girls in yard w/o a permit!"  "Dear #attackwatch, I was told in my Econ class that supply & demand drives the economy, not government. True or false?"

"#Attackwatch, when should I go to my hidden attic room, and start writing my diary?"  "Can you follow the #attackwatch timeline in the original German...?"

"I'm reporting my mom. She said Obama needs a good spanking and a grounding with no ice cream."  "Dear attackwatch -- the federal family showed up a week ago --- and they won't leave."  "If I report ten times do I get a real watch? With secret decoder features? Please advise."

Now that's the America we know and love!  We came to this ...... cont
http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/09/groucho_marx_saves_america.html

Voltaire