To Collect Debts, Nursing Homes Are Seizing Control Over Patients

Author Topic: To Collect Debts, Nursing Homes Are Seizing Control Over Patients  (Read 3044 times)

Online larsonstdoc

• Conspiracy Revealer
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/26/nyregion/to-collect-debts-nursing-home-seizing-control-over-patients.html?action=click&contentCollection=Technology&module=MostEmailed&version=Full&region=Marginalia&src=me&pgtype=article&_r=0

Kind of scary if you have older parents or grandparents.

Lillian Palermo tried to prepare for the worst possibilities of aging. An insurance executive with a Ph.D. in psychology and a love of ballroom dancing, she arranged for her power of attorney and health care proxy to go to her husband, Dino, eight years her junior, if she became incapacitated. And in her 80s, she did.

Mr. Palermo, who was the lead singer in a Midtown nightclub in the 1960s when her elegant tango first caught his eye, now regularly rolls his wife’s wheelchair to the piano at the Catholic nursing home in Manhattan where she ended up in 2010 as dementia, falls and surgical complications took their toll. He sings her favorite songs, feeds her home-cooked Italian food, and pays a private aide to be there when he cannot.

The truly sad thing is that regardless of how you lived your life, treated others and contributed to society, you are not entitled to any caring, decency or dignity if receiving any of that does not result in a financial profit to someone.

But one day last summer, after he disputed nursing home bills that had suddenly doubled Mrs. Palermo’s copays, and complained about inexperienced employees who dropped his wife on the floor, Mr. Palermo was shocked to find a six-page legal document waiting on her bed.

It was a guardianship petition filed by the nursing home, Mary Manning Walsh, asking the court to give a stranger full legal power over Mrs. Palermo, now 90, and complete control of her money.

Few people are aware that a nursing home can take such a step. Guardianship cases are difficult to gain access to and poorly tracked by New York State courts; cases are often closed from public view for confidentiality. But the Palermo case is no aberration. Interviews with veterans of the system and a review of guardianship court data conducted by researchers at Hunter College at the request of The New York Times show the practice has become routine, underscoring the growing power nursing homes wield over residents and families amid changes in the financing of long-term care.

Offline decemberfellow

Re: To Collect Debts, Nursing Homes Are Seizing Control Over Patients
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 07:06:43 pm »
Yup larsonstdoc  they rob their patients blind.  Me and wife told our kids. "No nursing home,  like the waltons grandma and grandpa  staying at the ol homestead. 
Rev21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 07:21:43 pm »
It is disgusting how people treat the elderly in this country. 

Don't even get me started about these POS.  I also blame the kids in many of these cases.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 07:31:40 pm »
You are right Donnay good point, family system suppose to be supportive both ways,  take God out of nation  we see the results,  same in families no God  and families fall apart.  A bitter and sad end.   
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 08:10:58 pm »
Yup larsonstdoc  they rob their patients blind.  Me and wife told our kids. "No nursing home,  like the waltons grandma and grandpa  staying at the ol homestead.
  YES... This is a new wrinkle for nursing homes. Though I remember when I was a kid seeing the ture effects, the reality of nursing home care and thats long ago. 
  The MSM will show you cute LIL homes, gardens, etc.. Not all of them are the cheezcake they are advertising on the telly.
  I'll croak in my bed or drop dead doing a walk, whatever happens I will not submit to a nursing home.
If the day comes I can not controll my bowel, urine, movement , memory,and escruciating pain.. I will take enough morphine to remain lucid and say goodby to my children and a larger one to take the journey home. Sacreligious of course, but the God I pray to will forgive me.
  I shot an old incurable dog that had been laying in pain for days, no vet could help, no chance, either sit there and watch is go on in agony or a ticket out.....Laying on a rug, in severe pain moaning.                Was I evil?   I cried my heart out after, I loved that old dog..
    I'm not advocating euthenasia, no way... This is but my opinion and my lifes experience felt truth. No ofense to anyones beleif.

Online larsonstdoc

• Conspiracy Revealer
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 08:14:28 pm »

Yes, if you can take care of your patients at home--do it. 

Things are going to be very difficult in a few years when us baby boomers (born 1946-1966) start winding up in nursing homes.  There aren't enough nursing homes.

Luckily only 6% of seniors end up in nursing homes.

Do your children a favor today and start eating right---more fruits and vegetables--to dodge the nursing homes.

You have a greater chance of living a good last 20 years if you EAT RIGHT and EXERCISE.

Offline donnay

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 12:39:15 am »
  Yes, if you can take care of your patients at home--do it. 

Things are going to be very difficult in a few years when us baby boomers (born 1946-1966) start winding up in nursing homes.  There aren't enough nursing homes.

Luckily only 6% of seniors end up in nursing homes.

Do your children a favor today and start eating right---more fruits and vegetables--to dodge the nursing homes.

You have a greater chance of living a good last 20 years if you EAT RIGHT and EXERCISE.

I couldn't agree more.
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."

Offline iamc2

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 04:12:31 am »
 The Mrs. and I are in the process of getting our stepdad into Assisted Living [he has many Medical problems] and it is TRUE they TAKE ALL OF THE CASH in their Bank Accounts!

For the record we are in NaziVille NY...The Biggest Crooks in the known Universe!
"When the Truth was murdered:
Common Sense ran away..."

Offline chris jones

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 09:27:58 am »
The Mrs. and I are in the process of getting our stepdad into Assisted Living [he has many Medical problems] and it is TRUE they TAKE ALL OF THE CASH in their Bank Accounts!

For the record we are in NaziVille NY...The Biggest Crooks in the known Universe!
               Who approved this? Was it contracted?

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 09:34:52 am »

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 09:41:53 am »

Happened to our neighbors and my son in laws family. , we're in Pa. they try to take it all,  in my son in laws circumstance the only way they saved the farm was transfer ownership to a family member.      But do it NOW cause they can go back 2 years.

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.ae911truth.org
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 10:03:27 am »
Obviously what Mary Manning Walsh is doing is criminal. Not "crazy." Criminal.

But what's the alternative?

Err in the opposite direction by returning to the hellish days of the robber baron-dominated Gilded Age -- i.e. the age of Scrooge?

"At this festive season of the year, Mr Scrooge,'' said the gentleman, taking up a pen, "it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the Poor and destitute, who suffer greatly at the present time. Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir.''

"Are there no prisons?'' asked Scrooge.

"Plenty of prisons,'' said the gentleman, laying down the pen again.

"And the Union workhouses?'' demanded Scrooge. "Are they still in operation?''

"They are. Still,'' returned the gentleman, "I wish I could say they were not.''

"The Treadmill and the Poor Law are in full vigour, then?'' said Scrooge.

"Both very busy, sir.''

"Oh! I was afraid, from what you said at first, that something had occurred to stop them in their useful course,'' said Scrooge. "I'm very glad to hear it.''

"Under the impression that they scarcely furnish Christian cheer of mind or body to the multitude,'' returned the gentleman, "a few of us are endeavouring to raise a fund to buy the Poor some meat and drink, and means of warmth. We choose this time, because it is a time, of all others, when Want is keenly felt, and Abundance rejoices. What shall I put you down for?''

"Nothing!'' Scrooge replied.

"You wish to be anonymous?''

"I wish to be left alone,'' said Scrooge. "Since you ask me what I wish, gentlemen, that is my answer. I don't make merry myself at Christmas and I can't afford to make idle people merry. I help to support the establishments I have mentioned: they cost enough: and those who are badly off must go there.''

"Many can't go there; and many would rather die.''

"If they would rather die,'' said Scrooge, "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

[...]

"Will you [Scrooge] decide what men shall live, what men shall die? It may be, that in the sight of Heaven, you are more worthless and less fit to live than millions like this poor man's child."

"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://webofdebt.com
http://schalkenbach.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Online larsonstdoc

• Conspiracy Revealer
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 10:29:26 am »
Happened to our neighbors and my son in laws family. , we're in Pa. they try to take it all,  in my son in laws circumstance the only way they saved the farm was transfer ownership to a family member.      But do it NOW cause they can go back 2 years.

Correct decemberfellow---in some states it's 5 years.  You gotta have competent help if you have assets.  That means an accountant you can trust.  I would also say a lawyer you can trust if you can find one.

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 11:07:19 am »
  Correct decemberfellow---in some states it's 5 years.  You gotta have competent help if you have assets.  That means an accountant you can trust.  I would also say a lawyer you can trust if you can find one.

BIG IFS  but its worth the search.  Wife and I in the process of adding granddaughters name on our house so if we kick unexpectedly still her house they (lawyer) says no problem.

Offline iamc2

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 04:26:38 pm »
               Who approved this? Was it contracted?
He has NO WILL!

But I am coming up with plan B to Out Wit the Nit Wit Nazis Basters from Hades!

I'll keep ya all updated as things unfold...

Offline chris jones

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 08:19:30 pm »
He has NO WILL!

But I am coming up with plan B to Out Wit the Nit Wit Nazis Basters from Hades!

I'll keep ya all updated as things unfold...
Yuh, please do.   I go along with the other folks, lawyer up pro bono if ya can find one!

Offline fred.greek

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 12:31:10 am »
Welcome to politician enacted government paid "medical care", which is "free" to the poor (to get votes) but regarding anyone who has any assets, your politicians want all the assets to offset the cost of paying for care for "others"…
Retired but still working in the garden...

Offline iamc2

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 04:57:54 pm »

Today I have implemented PLAN 'B' !

CASE: 'Stepdad Vs. NYS Nazis

PLAN 'B' Steps

1] I took my stepdad to his Bank and Put My Name on his accounts: Making me his Banker (and Not the Nazis)!

2] The Mrs. is a Registered Nurse [25 yrs ]; and she is going to be ON CALL for him [we only live 3 miles from pops].

3] We are moving him to a 1 bedroom apartment in the same facility he is in now [this means No Move to Assisted Living-Thank The LORD].

4] We are having Meals Delivered 5 days a week and he can cook on weekends/or we'll bring pops to our home.

5] I am going to make a WILL on the Net: as I am in charge of his finances.

6] The Mrs. has set up a Times for Nurses and Aids to Visit on a Daily basis.

7] PLAN 'B' has Defeated the NYS Nazis!!!

...you only win, if you are willing to fight...with a strong mind...and Out Think the enemy... ;)

Online larsonstdoc

• Conspiracy Revealer
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 05:31:34 pm »
^^^^^^

Sounds like a great plan iamc2.

I will pray for your step dad and you and your family helping him.

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 06:18:21 pm »
Today I have implemented PLAN 'B'
Good iamc2. If more would step up and take control back it would be a far better world.  God bless my friend and brother.

Offline donnay

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 06:53:04 pm »

PLAN 'B' Steps

1] I took my stepdad to his Bank and Put My Name on his accounts: Making me his Banker (and Not the Nazis)!

2] The Mrs. is a Registered Nurse [25 yrs ]; and she is going to be ON CALL for him [we only live 3 miles from pops].

3] We are moving him to a 1 bedroom apartment in the same facility he is in now [this means No Move to Assisted Living-Thank The LORD].

4] We are having Meals Delivered 5 days a week and he can cook on weekends/or we'll bring pops to our home.

...you only win, if you are willing to fight...with a strong mind...and Out Think the enemy... ;)

God Bless you and your family, I will keep you all in my prayers.  Go to LegalZoom.  That is what I did for my parents.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 06:56:39 pm »
 Bless ya heart.............&......courage........

Offline iamc2

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 07:32:54 pm »
 Doc; decemberfellow; donnay and Mr. Jones, Thanks for the prayers and encouragement; I know this helps and we do appreciate this act of kindness and friendship  8)...The Mrs. & I know The LORD is on our side also!

To be honest I like fighting the Nazis; with Righteous Indignation  ;)

As all the pieces of this puzzle fit together; I will give an update...Thanks again My Friends...Strength in Numbers!

Offline iamc2

Re: To Collect Debts, Nursing Homes Are Seizing : Not this Time: UPDATE!
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2015, 02:02:26 pm »

PLAN 'B' Steps

UPDATE: PLAN 'B' Pops vs. NYS NAZIS

Today the Mrs. and I finished our PLAN 'B' and Pops can keep his Cash and he will have a nice little flat; and we have Nurses and Aids, plus Meals delivered!

We are so happy for him and he told us how happy he was that we are helping him: This is what Clans are for!

Today the NYS NAZIS lost; and The Good Guys WIN!

Thanks to all who prayed and gave kind words  :)---Our LORD: JESUS CHRIST is in the Miracle Business and when we get together and pray; HE is Right by our Sides!!!  ;)

Online larsonstdoc

• Conspiracy Revealer
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2015, 02:05:57 pm »
UPDATE: PLAN 'B' Pops vs. NYS NAZIS

Today the Mrs. and I finished our PLAN 'B' and Pops can keep his Cash and he will have a nice little flat; and we have Nurses and Aids, plus Meals delivered!

We are so happy for him and he told us how happy he was that we are helping him: This is what Clans are for!

Today the NYS NAZIS lost; and The Good Guys WIN!

Thanks to all who prayed and gave kind words  :)---Our LORD: JESUS CHRIST is in the Miracle Business and when we get together and pray; HE is Right by our Sides!!!  ;)

Bravo iamc2.  Sometimes these threads contain VALUABLE INFO that can help us against all of our battles with the NWO.

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2015, 02:29:29 pm »
iamc2:
Thanks to all who prayed and gave kind words  ---Our LORD: JESUS CHRIST is in the Miracle Business and when we get together and pray; HE is Right by our Sides!!! 

You are right on the mark there brother.  Using the strength and direction of Jesus  Well Done.

Offline iamc2

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2015, 03:29:07 pm »
  Bravo iamc2.  Sometimes these threads contain VALUABLE INFO that can help us against all of our battles with the NWO.
Thanks Doc.  8) and I pray what the Mrs. and I have done that other CAN DO the same thing---We just have to have Guts and a Brain  ;D

Offline iamc2

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2015, 03:31:27 pm »
iamc2:
You are right on the mark there brother.  Using the strength and direction of Jesus  Well Done.
JESUS is The ONE who Helps in ALL our Needs---Thanks Brother... 8); and I'm Glad we BEAT the NYS NAZIS  ;D

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2015, 06:19:04 pm »
iamc2
     What you did for your step dad is what is lacking in our country today.  I know it as keeping your power.  As a simple  example  you and wife are invited lets say to a nice restaurant, 20-30  some miles from your home Your "buddy " says hop in no sense taking 2 cars, so you do and at destination your "buddy " gets into a fight or whatever you and wife feel very unconfortable but cha can't leave,  ya lost your power.

In todays world be it via direct deposit paychecks,  on line payments, reverse mortgages, etc  those folks have done lost (gave up) their power and are at the mercy of someone else.( and it will bite em in the ass sooner or later).  Or as in your case, most would of shrunk at the predicament given up there power then bitch all the way home.
      Its happening in ALL areas and the sheep just hand their power over and  the elite take it  control and all.
  Congratulations my friend You kept your power against a very big opponent.(nazis as ya say)

Offline iamc2

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2015, 08:30:25 pm »
iamc2
     What you did for your step dad is what is lacking in our country today.  I know it as keeping your power.  As a simple  example  you and wife are invited lets say to a nice restaurant, 20-30  some miles from your home Your "buddy " says hop in no sense taking 2 cars, so you do and at destination your "buddy " gets into a fight or whatever you and wife feel very unconfortable but cha can't leave,  ya lost your power.

In todays world be it via direct deposit paychecks,  on line payments, reverse mortgages, etc  those folks have done lost (gave up) their power and are at the mercy of someone else.( and it will bite em in the ass sooner or later).  Or as in your case, most would of shrunk at the predicament given up there power then bitch all the way home.
      Its happening in ALL areas and the sheep just hand their power over and  the elite take it  control and all.
  Congratulations my friend You kept your power against a very big opponent.(nazis as ya say)

AMEN Brother and Thanks: The Mrs. and I knew in our Hearts that Jesus called us to help out 'pops' and you are correct; That most folks would give up and listen to the Nazis: Well I Love Fighting The Nazis and this time they go away as LOSERS  8)

Offline iamc2

Re: To Collect Debts, Nursing Homes are Nazis/ Words of Advice...
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2015, 02:07:44 am »

PLAN 'B' Steps

OK! my Friends PLAN 'B' worked...AMEN!

Now it is time for PLAN 'C' [which I did not SEE coming?] : Now the words of Advice:

1] If you wish to help older folks in your clan; Start sooner that we did.

2] I have discovered looking over his finances that he is being ripped-off by the Bankers in the Form of Interest on his Credit Cards; (interest is just legal Loansharking), also a bunch of so called Charities have been stealing his cash and GOD only knows who has been taking his money for the last 9 years.

Ya see my stepdad did not contact me after my mom passed in 2006: so I really did not have to help him: But Jesus tells me to help!

3] Even if your older loved one does not want help [as pops was resistant] DO IT ANYWAY!  ;)

4] ...and may the Peace of GOD be your guide... 8)...and Good Luck My Friends if ya travel this road in life!

Offline iamc2

Re: To Collect Debts, Nursing Homes Can Not get 'pops' CASH!!!
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2015, 12:17:20 am »
OK! my Friends PLAN 'B' worked...AMEN!

Now it is time for PLAN 'C' [which I did not SEE coming?] : Now the words of Advice:

1] If you wish to help older folks in your clan; Start sooner that we did.

2] I have discovered looking over his finances that he is being ripped-off by the Bankers in the Form of Interest on his Credit Cards; (interest is just legal Loansharking), also a bunch of so called Charities have been stealing his cash and GOD only knows who has been taking his money for the last 9 years.

Ya see my stepdad did not contact me after my mom passed in 2006: so I really did not have to help him: But Jesus tells me to help!

3] Even if your older loved one does not want help [as pops was resistant] DO IT ANYWAY!  ;)

4] ...and may the Peace of GOD be your guide... 8)...and Good Luck My Friends if ya travel this road in life!
OK, Mates; here is some info. I learned yesterday!

We DO NOT need to make a WILL: Because when I put my name on 'pops' Bank Account, I automatically became 'Executor' of his WILL: in the roll of 'Beneficiary.'!

I can take this Title as he owns NO Property nor Stocks; IRA's, etc..

WELL: this move was unexpected; I knew we had The Nazis in Check; But this Move, has the Nazis, Check Mated---Praise The LORD  ;D

Now, the Mrs. and I have pops on the Right Road; Today I will take him out to buy a NEW Bed; Recliner chair and Flat Screen Boob Tube and things he is lacking---Its his CASH [Not the NYS Nazis] and I will spend it on him; so his last years are comfortable! [he has not bought a relevant item since my Mum passed in 2006!!!]

So in the end; pops wins and the NYS Nazis lose...Thanks Jesus and to ya Forum Members for your support and prayers.. ;)

Offline donnay

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2015, 01:17:22 am »
OK, Mates; here is some info. I learned yesterday!

We DO NOT need to make a WILL: Because when I put my name on 'pops' Bank Account, I automatically became 'Executor' of his WILL: in the roll of 'Beneficiary.'!

I can take this Title as he owns NO Property nor Stocks; IRA's, etc..

WELL: this move was unexpected; I knew we had The Nazis in Check; But this Move, has the Nazis, Check Mated---Praise The LORD  ;D

Now, the Mrs. and I have pops on the Right Road; Today I will take him out to buy a NEW Bed; Recliner chair and Flat Screen Boob Tube and things he is lacking---Its his CASH [Not the NYS Nazis] and I will spend it on him; so his last years are comfortable! [he has not bought a relevant item since my Mum passed in 2006!!!]

So in the end; pops wins and the NYS Nazis lose...Thanks Jesus and to ya Forum Members for your support and prayers.. ;)

That is great news!  I am glad everything turned out the way it did. 

Your step-dad couldn't have asked for a better son!  ;)

God Bless you all.

Offline iamc2

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2015, 01:27:36 am »
That is great news!  I am glad everything turned out the way it did. 

Your step-dad couldn't have asked for a better son!  ;)

God Bless you all.
Thanks Sis. I do appreciate the compliment: But we both know the Best Son of ALL is JESUS CHRIST!!!!!

OH! the best part of this is Beating The Nazis  ;D : and letting pops keep his $ CASH $

...I'll be honest, both Rachel and I were Surprised to LEARN, that we did not need a Lawyer [great news] as I was already in the roll of Executor!

...I told the Mrs., that Jesus has called us to do this mission...and now all the GOOD of GOD is Coming TRUE...John 14:6 & Romans 8:28!

Offline donnay

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2015, 04:56:28 pm »
This is disgusting...and these people have to stand before God and explain their actions one day.  This is one of the reasons I hate these places, there is more of this going on then the public knows.  If you have a loved one in one of these places, visit them often and never at the same times.   >:(

Nurse arrested after 'pouring hot sauce into the mouths of sleeping dementia patients'

By Belinda Robinson For Mail Online

A Florida nurse has surrendered her license after she was charged with pouring hot sauce into the mouths of two sleeping dementia patients in a nursing home.

Tracie Nellis, 44, was charged last summer with battery on a person aged 65 or older and misdemeanor battery.

She allegedly poured the hot sauce into the mouths of the dementia sufferers who were residents at the Williston Rehabilitation and Nursing Center in Florida in March 2013.

The state Medicaid Fraud Control Unit investigated the shocking incident and Nellis was arrested on January 13, 2014.

She pleaded no contest to the battery charge and was sentenced to one year probation. Last week, the state Board of Nursing ruled she could give up her license to avoid disciplinary proceedings.

Nellis, from Marion County, Florida, is accused of placing the hot sauce in the residents' mouths between March 18 and 19, 2013, according to state records.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2957313/Nurse-charged-putting-hot-sauce-mouths-two-sleeping-dementia-patients.html#ixzz3S2f1lxRm

Offline iamc2

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2015, 03:20:23 am »
This is disgusting...and these people have to stand before God and explain their actions one day.  This is one of the reasons I hate these places, there is more of this going on then the public knows.  If you have a loved one in one of these places, visit them often and never at the same times.   >:(

Nurse arrested after 'pouring hot sauce into the mouths of sleeping dementia patients'

By Belinda Robinson For Mail Online

A Florida nurse has surrendered her license after she was charged with pouring hot sauce into the mouths of two sleeping dementia patients in a nursing home.

Tracie Nellis, 44, was charged last summer with battery on a person aged 65 or older and misdemeanor battery.

She allegedly poured the hot sauce into the mouths of the dementia sufferers who were residents at the Williston Rehabilitation and Nursing Center in Florida in March 2013.

The state Medicaid Fraud Control Unit investigated the shocking incident and Nellis was arrested on January 13, 2014.

She pleaded no contest to the battery charge and was sentenced to one year probation. Last week, the state Board of Nursing ruled she could give up her license to avoid disciplinary proceedings.

Nellis, from Marion County, Florida, is accused of placing the hot sauce in the residents' mouths between March 18 and 19, 2013, according to state records.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2957313/Nurse-charged-putting-hot-sauce-mouths-two-sleeping-dementia-patients.html#ixzz3S2f1lxRm
donnay you are so right about the abuse in these places: and it occurs everyday.

The Mrs. has been and RN for 25 years and knows first hand about the abuse and how deep it goes.

Doctors in high position DO KILL folks with Morphine...and No One is the wiser!

If your loved ones are in these places---GET THEM OUT---NOW!

Offline donnay

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2015, 12:32:06 pm »
donnay you are so right about the abuse in these places: and it occurs everyday.

The Mrs. has been and RN for 25 years and knows first hand about the abuse and how deep it goes.

Doctors in high position DO KILL folks with Morphine...and No One is the wiser!

If your loved ones are in these places---GET THEM OUT---NOW!

I couldn't agree more, iam2.  This is personal for me.  I learned the hard way, unfortunately--so it is personal for me to warn people about these abuses against humanity.