Former Colin Powell Chief of Staff Says He値l Testify Against Cheney .......

Author Topic: Former Colin Powell Chief of Staff Says He値l Testify Against Cheney .......  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Catalina

• Government Censorship, Protecting You From Reality
Former Colin Powell Chief of Staff Col. Lawrence Wilkerson Says He値l Testify Against Cheney in the Event of War Crimes Trial

Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson, the former chief of staff to Bush-era Secretary of State Colin Powell, today vowed he would testify against Dick Cheney in the event the former Vice President is ever tried for war crimes.

Col. Wilkerson told Democracy Now!痴 Amy Goodman: 的壇 be willing to testify, and I壇 be willing to take any punishment I知 due.

Wilkerson, who made waves last year when he revealed that former President George W. Bush, former Vice President Dick Cheney and former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld knew that the 杜ajority of the 742 detainees being held in the American concentration camp at Guantanamo Bay were innocent but kept them locked up there for political reasons, told Goodman that Cheney痴 soon-to-be-released memoir was 努ritten out of fear. 擢ear that one day someone will 善inochet樗 him, the colonel explained, referring to the former U.S.-backed Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet, who was arrested in London after being indicted for crimes against humanity.

There are plenty of crimes that Cheney could be charged with. The Iraq war was an illegal invasion that violated the United Nations charter, the Nuremberg Charter, as well as U.S. and international law. It was based on lies and deception and resulted in mass murder. The torture of terrorism suspects in the Guantanamo Bay concentration camp and elsewhere was a grave violation of the Geneva Convention as well as U.S. law. Extraordinary rendition, atrocities committed during the prosecution of the War on Terror, secret death squads and the outing of CIA agent Valerie Plame a possibly treasonous action all fall under Cheney痴 area of responsibility as well.

Colonel Wilkerson told Goodman that he also regrets his role in promoting the Bush administration痴 war against Iraq, an invasion that was planned almost from the moment Bush took office.

的, unfortunately and I致e admitted to this a number of times, publicly and privately was the person who put together Colin Powell痴 presentation at the United Nations Security Council on 5 February, 2003, Wilkerson told Goodman. 的t was probably the biggest mistake of my life. I regret it to this day. I regret not having resigned over it.

http://morallowground.com/2011/08/30/the-moral-high-ground-former-colin-powell-chief-of-staff-col-lawrence-wilkerson-says-hell-testify-against-cheney-in-the-event-of-war-crimes-trial/
Spare no cost for truth's sake, neither depart from it for any gain. -Proverbs 23:23

Bestow not the gifts that God has given you to get worldly riches. -Proverbs 23:4

Offline Georgiacopguy

• 'Cause it's a revolution for your mind...K?!
Could this be the bump to the table that causes their house of cards to fall???
The resistance starts here. Unfortunately, the entire thing is moving beyond the intellectual infowar. I vow I will not make an overt rush at violent authority, until authority makes it's violent rush at me and you. I will not falter, I will not die in this course. For that is how they win.