NLE11 Earthquake Military Operations in VA [Is this real world or exercise]

Author Topic: NLE11 Earthquake Military Operations in VA [Is this real world or exercise]  (Read 10376 times)

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
Re: Earthquake!
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2011, 05:36:15 pm »
US Military Attempts Coup Using HAARP to Trigger DC Quake!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 11:26

This just in: Rogue forces within the United States military have attempted an overthrow of the government, while President Obama was kept under tight watch in Martha's Vineyard. Reliable sources indicate that several key military personnel, fed up with proposed cuts to the Pentagon budget, took control of the secret experimental HAARP earthquake weapon and used it to trigger massive earthquakes targeting the Whitehouse, and one last night targeting military command centers in Colorado.

More details to follow..

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/995/198/US_Military_Attempts_Coup_Using_HAARP_to_Trigger_DC_Quake.html
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline Suriel

• The comfort you've demanded is now mandatory.
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2011, 05:37:44 pm »
RT means re-tweet or they coppied it from someone else. Also keep in mind the USGS is saying this could be a foreshock.  Or at least they were earlier.
"We have reached a stage at which we have surrounded ourselves with more things, but have less joy." - The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky translated by Ignat Avsey

Offline Freeski

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2011, 05:43:26 pm »

This just in: Rogue forces within the United States military have attempted an overthrow of the government, while President Obama was kept under tight watch in Martha's Vineyard. Reliable sources indicate that several key military personnel, fed up with proposed cuts to the Pentagon budget, took control of the secret experimental HAARP earthquake weapon and used it to trigger massive earthquakes targeting the Whitehouse, and one last night targeting military command centers in Colorado.

More details to follow..

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/995/1..._DC_Quake.html

They're couping for the wrong reasons!
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Dok

• end times and current events
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2011, 05:48:27 pm »

More details to follow..

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/995/1..._DC_Quake.html

I see Sorcha Faals words but not the name?
HOW TO BE SAVED
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_saved.html

Ye Must Be Born Again!
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/ye_must_be_born_again.htm

True Salvation & the TRUE Gospel/Good News!
http://www.contendingfortruth.com/?p=1060

how to avoid censorship ;)

Offline freedomrik

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2011, 05:51:08 pm »
from Twitter

RT!RT! #EARTHQUAKES #CO & #VA "Prob prelude to major #Quake-Volcano QV events Aug24-28" says #Piers #WeatherAction http://bit.ly/peih7b

what does RT mean??

???

Do you have a link? for this
"Believe nothing you are told"

Offline freedomrik

« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2011, 05:52:47 pm »
Quake in GUATEMALA

DATE and TIME (UTC)    LAT-ITUDE    LONG-ITUDE    MAG-NITUDE    DEPTH km    REGION
23-AUG-2011 03:55:57    14.32    -90.06    4.4    21.6    GUATEMALA

Magnitude   4.4
Date-Time   

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 03:55:57 UTC
    Monday, August 22, 2011 at 09:55:57 PM at epicenter
    Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location   14.321°N, 90.055°W
Depth   21.6 km (13.4 miles)
Region   GUATEMALA
Distances   60 km (37 miles) ESE of GUATEMALA, Guatemala
66 km (41 miles) NW of Santa Ana, El Salvador
76 km (47 miles) SW of Chiquimula, Guatemala
1122 km (697 miles) ESE of MEXICO CITY, D.F., Mexico
Location Uncertainty   horizontal +/- 28.5 km (17.7 miles); depth +/- 12.7 km (7.9 miles)
Parameters   NST= 62, Nph= 62, Dmin=301.7 km, Rmss=0.94 sec, Gp=144°,
M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=6
Source   

Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID   usc0005idg

Offline donnay

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2011, 05:55:18 pm »

I see Sorcha Faals words but not the name?

I dunno?  Could be I am trying to look for more info...
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."

Offline freedomrik

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2011, 05:59:27 pm »
I looked myself but could find no further info...

Offline swain

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2011, 06:37:26 pm »

If HAARP is involved, don't forget that the U.S. is not the only one with this technology. It could be a retaliatory event. If there was an upset dictator with tons of gold, one might consider a trade with another country, with HAARP technology, to create such an event.
Nothing I write has any relevance to anything and cannot be proven one way or another. If you're looking to point the finger, point it at AJ, it's his fault.

Offline ersatz protocol

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2011, 07:09:30 pm »
i cant tell you how many people i've seen interviewed locally in nyc and here in jersey
that keep mentioning that today reminds them of 9/11...this article also seizes that angle.

Quake calls to mind terrorism as 9/11 approaches
http://www.salon.com/wires/politics/2011/08/23/D9PA1R901_us_east_coast_quake_terror_jitters/index.html

also,i simply cannot understand why it's so hard for some folks on these boards,to comprehend an earthquake being induced?
esp with all the data that's been put forth in these forums that specifically states otherwise...
i'm supposed to believe the powers that be merely seize geological and solar event/happenstance/opportunities to push forward an agenda to distract from the
financial takedown and the military genocide walking orders all playing out at the same time...around the anniversary of the gamechanger of 9/11.
did this type of 9/11 style fear based mind control device just happened to happen and effect both nyc and dc simultaneously...by mere coincidence?

surely they don't have time to wish for the next cataclysm to happen naturally...

Offline donnay

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2011, 07:23:01 pm »
East Coast rocked by strongest quake since 1944

MINERAL, Va. (AP) — The most powerful earthquake to strike the East Coast in 67 years shook buildings and rattled nerves from South Carolina to Maine on Tuesday. Frightened office workers spilled into the streets in New York, and parts of the White House, Capitol and Pentagon were evacuated.

There were no immediate reports of deaths or serious injuries.

The National Cathedral said its central tower and three of its four corner spires were damaged, but the White House said advisers had told President Barack Obama there were no reports of major damage to the nation's infrastructure, including airports and nuclear facilities.

The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake registered magnitude 5.8 and was centered 90 miles southwest of Washington. It was mild by West Coast standards, but the East Coast is not used to quakes of any size, and this one briefly raised fears of a terror attack less than three weeks before the 10th anniversary of Sept. 11.

"I thought I was having maybe a heart attack, and I saw everybody running," said Adrian Ollivierre, an accountant who was in his office on the 60th floor of the Empire State Building when the shaking began. "I think what it is, is the paranoia that happens from 9/11, and that's why I'm still out here — because, I'm sorry, I'm not playing with my life."

Two nuclear reactors at the North Anna Power Station, in the same county as the epicenter, were automatically taken off line by safety systems, said Roger Hannah, a spokesman for the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

At the Pentagon, a low rumbling built until the building itself was shaking, and people ran into the corridors of the complex. The shaking continued there, to shouts of "Evacuate! Evacuate!" The main damage to the building, the largest single workspace for the federal government, came from a broken water pipe.

The Park Service closed all monuments and memorials on the National Mall, and ceiling tiles fell at Reagan National Airport outside Washington. Many nonessential workers in Washington were sent home for the day. The Capitol was reopened by late afternoon for people to retrieve their things.

http://news.yahoo.com/east-coast-rocked-strongest-quake-since-1944-212647699.html

Offline chris jones

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2011, 10:18:05 pm »
 I realize I'm speaking to the choir, the informed. What of the general population, as usual they will flick on the MSM and look for answers.
 There are 140 nuclear reactors within our borders,if but one of these is effected-damaged the results will be castisorphic, if more than one I choose not to consider the results, I am a cynic.
 Un leagues of scientists will give official reports, the people will be in a panic and turn to the gov for a remedy,asisstance in any form.. In short more power. The elites attack dogs will be set free, domination will be a certainty.
  Was this a test, was it as many will say Gods will, a natural occurance, etc.
I remember Jesse approaching this subject, he was definelty stonewalled, as have been men of science who have come forward. The primary method of mass controll is MSM news media, those brave Americans who have prepared to, or have blown the whistle either have accidents, suicide or are intimidated into silence. To underestimate the  elites technoligy is on a par with the concept the world is flat.

Offline Seroquel XR

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2011, 10:30:07 pm »
Another bigger aftershock? hit them not long ago.

Magnitude   4.2
Date-Time   

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 00:04:36 UTC
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 08:04:36 PM at epicenter
    Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location   37.912°N, 77.951°W
Depth   7.9 km (4.9 miles)
Region   VIRGINIA
Distances   

11 km (7 miles) SSW (199°) from Mineral, VA
    13 km (8 miles) SSE (160°) from Louisa, VA
    26 km (16 miles) NE (46°) from Columbia, VA
    60 km (37 miles) NW (314°) from Richmond, VA
    138 km (86 miles) SW (217°) from Washington, DC

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/se082411b.php
“Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world.”-R. D. Laing
Making a Killing:The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging.

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2011, 10:38:40 pm »
God was trying for Owebama.

;D
War Is Peace - Freedom Is Slavery - Ignorance Is Strength

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
The Libya Deception is unraveling so now we have NLE11 Earthquake weapon operations...

From Effie Trinket...

~~~~~~BEGIN QUOTE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Something big is coming? You got that right! For the next 6 months Rothschild/NLE11 are planning on simulating the genocide of over 1 million American citizens. This is their plan, it is all out in the open. They plan on using remote control of SCADA to create similar events seen in the movie 2012 and Rockfeller talks about no water, food, and marauding mobs in his RockefellerFoundation 2012 White Paper. They are admitting to all of it.

References:

Official documents detailing planned false flag "Natural Disaster" attacks on the U.S. during NLE11
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203621.0

RockefellerFoundation predicts 2012 pandemic, economic collapse, marauding gangs
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=178159.0
Rothschild has just created a "DISASTER STOCK MARKET" where you can bet on who gets hit and the damage.

NLE11 is a MARKETING EVENT!

This is a fund raiser for the Rothschild Disaster Prediction System!

There is a lot more to this than meets the eye at first.  I was running this whole thing through my head early this morning, and there are a lot of other "behind the scenes" agendas at play here.

Once again (as will ALWAYS be the case) there is a single overarching agenda that all other agendas fall under--this is about "transformation of society" (forcibly) into a cybernetic paradigm.  Note that Cybernetics itself is a MAN-MADE construct (an engineered discipline to enable the elite to put all of mankind into a "framework" into which he can be fully controlled, but not man only, but all things that have anything whatsoever to do with the flow of information--such as machines, animals, the Internet, plants, et.al.), some call it a science, but cybernetics is about bringing everything together (and not in any good way) whereas the word "science" has a Latin origin:  meaning "to separate one thing from another, to distinguish," related to the Latin word scindere which literally means "to cut, divide,".

Man made disasters masquerading as natural disasters serve the EXACT same ends as a false flag "terror" attack like 9/11.  They are 100% interchangeable, because they all serve the ends of ushering in, and justifying (based on Problem Reaction Solution) unalienable rights eviscerating control mechanisms that are propagandized to the public as necessary, and lie by saying that such tyrannical measures can or will prevent such loss of life in the future.

I was asking myself:  "I wonder why they chose Joplin, MO?  Was there some significant anti-New World Order awakening going on there or something?  Some pro-Constitutional legislation threatening the Committee of 300's puppet sleaze bag traitors in Washington?  Then I found out what happened in the wake of another similar disaster, and things immediately made everything so crystal clear that it was totally insane.  It's not enough that DARPA is creating tornadoes to attack the American people and destroy entire towns and small cities--they are forcing upon these towns "solutions" that are the exact same solutions that everyone was told were necessary to "combat" the totally exposed euphemism of "Global Warming"/"Climate Change", etc.  What a coincidence huh?  The same solutions get rammed through with zero opposition because in the aftermath of such tremendous devastation, no one is going to refuse so-called "FEMA disaster relief" (we created the disaster, now we're going to pose as the savior, and enslave you in the process without you realizing it, because you are too traumatized from the destruction we created, and just want to be able to get a hot meal with a roof over your head--allowing us to operate with minimal suspicion".

FEMA Encourages Individuals To "Resolve To Be Ready"
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=152861.msg906317#msg906317

Btw, think about how this falls perfectly into place with DHS wanting to be able to force everyone to get "alerts" to these type of threats on their cell phones.  You see what they are doing here?  They are telling everyone:  "Oh, so you're not going to believe our fake boogeyman terror threats eh?  How about natural disasters (that our partner DARPA creates) to justify the same solutions we want to force into your life (the same solutions that were and would be implemented "in response" to "terror", OR "climate change" (once again--this is the RMA, the Revolution in Military Affairs, APPLIED TO CIVILIANS (which are ALL Cybernetic implementations engineered to give God-like power into the hands of the elite.

DHS is trying to force you into their false disaster preparedness paradigm!!!
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=101263.msg602145#msg602145

snip:
I just saw this BULLSH*T, DISGUSTING, TREASONOUS INFO HERE THAT WAS ON A COMMERCIAL ON T.V.  WHEN THEY CONVERT TO DIGITAL TV, GET READY FOR FALSE FLAGS, BECAUSE THEY WILL HAVE THEIR COMMUNICATION FREQUENCIES FREED FOR TENS OF THOUSANDS OF BRAINWASHED 1ST RESPONDERS/EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT PERSONNEL NATIONWIDE, THEY BASICALLY WANT TO FORCE REVERSE 9/11 TYPE TECHNOLOGIES INTO EVERYONE'S LIFE AND PROPAGANDIZE IT LIKE IT WAS COMPLETELY NORMAL.  THEY CAN CARRY OUT UNLIMITED FALSE FLAGS ONCE THEY HAVE FULL INTEROPERABILITY BECAUSE NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO CATCH THEM CARRYING OUT THESE CRIMES, AND NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO WHISTLEBLOW OR STOP THEM. BECAUSE THEY WILL RUN ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING FROM THE GROUND UP, JUST LIKE ON 9/11, BUT NATIONWIDE, AND WORLDWIDE EVENTUALLY.

https://www.newsmaxstore.com/nm_mag/radio_offer.cfm

Urgent Message for American Families

Homeland Security
> Alert <

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security advises that every American home should have an emergency radio.

Homeland Security has advised all Americans that every home needs an emergency radio, in the event of hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, electric power outages, and even terrorist attacks.

Be Prepared in Any Circumstance!

This Dynamo Emergency World Band Radio picks up the full AM/FM spectrum and worldwide shortwave bands.

Notice in one of the below articles, in the photos, the unmistakable correlation with how they showed the devastation, the rubble from an F5 tornado WITH AN AMERICAN FLAG--JUST LIKE 9/11--and especially since the adjacent photos SHOWCASE THE "REBUILDING" AFTER THE TORNADO WEATHER WEAPON--IMPLEMENTATIONS OF THE CYBERNETIC DICTATORSHIP, MICROMANAGED, PERSISTENT SURVEILLANCE, SENSE AND RESPOND, REAL TIME AUDITING OF ENERGY, AUSTERITY PRISON INFRASTRUCTURE CALLED "GREEN" TECHNOLOGY. YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS SHIT UP:

I saw this comment which was pretty unbelievable, and then I decided to investigate a little to see if what this poster was saying was true:

http://www.grit.com/call-of-the-land/civic-courage.aspx

@Steven, Hello fellow Nebraskan. Some years ago there was a class five tornado that tore through the little town of Greensburg Kansas. Practically all the town was demolished by the historic event. When the town’s people began to rebuild, they decided that only Green technology would be used to rebuild businesses, schools, and homes. I am proud to say that I was one of the volunteers to help with the rebuilding of the city. It has a special place in my heart every time I think about the time spent there rebuilding with green technology. The house that I worked on had special walls that were built out of foam insulation that was filled with reinforced concrete. I’m not sure about what the R value was but it had to be more than a conventional house with 2X4 walls. Many of the houses around the one I help to work on were window conscientious and solar rich. This year the new school opened. It is an amazing thing what the people of Greensburg have done from the ruins of the cataclysmic tornado that devastated the town. This town made a difference in the global climate by rebuilding from the ground up with modern ideas and available technology. It couldn’t have happened without many things coming in unity in the physical, emotional, and spiritual.

Thanks for another great article of the global climate change world view.

Now, here's the proof that this indeed happened:

http://greenbuildingelements.com/2008/01/28/greensburg-ks-to-rebuild-as-leed-platinum-city/

Greenburg KS to Rebuild as LEED Platinum City

The city of Greensburg KS was nearly obliterated by an F5 tornado  in May 2007. But turning the devestation into an opportunity, the city is looking to make its mark by rebuilding as a green community. The city has mandated that all city buildings larger than 4,000 sq. ft. must be built to LEED-Platinum level and must have an energy performance level at least 42% better than current building code requirements.

“The city of Greensburg has taken the extraordinary step of committing to rebuild their community to a new vision, not settling for simply recreating what had gone before,” said Rick Fedrizzi, President, CEO & Founding Chair, U.S. Green Building Council. “By committing to a recovery plan based on green building, the community’s leadership has set a path that will result in a healthier, more livable city for its citizens, turning a crisis into an opportunity that is an example for us all.”

After a disaster, it is difficult to take the time and effort to try to build something better than what had been present before. This mandate only applies to city buildings. But hopefully, the wider city itself will embrace this direction, and not only will city buildings, but the stores, offices, homes, and other buildings will likewise be built better, and greener, than what they are replacing.

From Ghost Town to Green Town: Rebirth Of Greensburg, Kansas

On May 4, 2007, the residents of the small Kansas town of Greensburg  faced one of the worst natural disasters in the state’s history: an EF5 tornado which leveled the town and killed 13 people. With 95 percent of the town completely destroyed and the other five percent severely damaged, it would have been easy for residents to collapse in despair and abandon their stricken home. But the city council decided to turn the tragedy into an opportunity: they decided that they would rebuild the town, and every city structure would be built to LEED Platinum standards.

Greensburg was in a sorry state following the 2007 tornado. It was the largest storm most people had ever seen in their lives, with 205 mile-per-hour winds and an estimated width of 1.7 miles – wider than the entire town of Greensburg. The town was left almost completely destroyed; Greensburg’s 1400 residents were left living, receiving medical care and attending school out of tents and trailers. (Above: Greensburg before the tornado, left, and after, right.)

Following the devastating destruction, city council members spent a grueling 12 weeks developing a recovery plan. They decided that their emergency recovery funds would best be spend making the town a more sustainable and prosperous place to live. Prior to the storm, young people had been moving away in droves and none were coming to replace them. The town offered little in the way of economic opportunity, and officials feared that Greensburg’s days were numbered.

The tornado, as heartbreaking and tragic as it was, afforded Greensburg an unusual opportunity to rebuild from the ground up. And the residents would not only rebuild their town – they would rebuild it with modern green techniques and materials that simply weren’t available when the town was founded. They would build the world’s first planned eco-town.

Requiring all city buildings to adhere to LEED Platinum standards makes Greensburg the first city in the United States to go completely “green.” Homeowners are encouraged to build their homes to high environmental  standards as well, and while LEED certified buildings cost an average of five percent more to build than non-certified structures, they afford average utility savings of 30 to 50 percent, meaning that owners can recoup the increased building costs in as little as one to two years.

Besides rebuilding the lost structures in new, greener ways, the town has also constructed a new wind farm to provide clean energy  for the town. Energy-efficient LED streetlights have gone up, and the new eco-friendly school recently opened its doors to students. A business incubator  (housed in a beautiful eco-friendly building, of course) helps locals start and sustain businesses that will keep Greensburg alive well into the future.

The residential and commercial areas of the town have been reborn and completely remade. Residents who spent more than two years living in FEMA emergency trailers have moved into their new eco-friendly homes, and the town’s schools and businesses are finally returning to normal. A community garden encourages residents to work together to make each home and each family just a little healthier. Even some residents who decided to leave Greensburg after the tornado have come back to live in the revitalized town.

Greensburg has come a very long way since the 2007 tornado leveled more than a century of history. City officials are confident that, as the town is rebuilt piece by piece, the residents will continue to appreciate and improve their newly-green home. Since the horrific tornado, residents have consistently pitched in to repair and improve every aspect of the town. Although there is still work to be done, the town is looking more and more like home every day to its faithful residents.

Greensburg, Kansas

At 9:45 pm on Friday evening, May 4, 2007, Greensburg, Kansas, was obliterated by an EF-5 tornado. That is no exaggeration. The town was about two miles wide and the tornado was 1.75 miles wide. The town’s infrastructure and public buildings were completely destroyed, and 95% of all the homes and businesses were destroyed. Nine Greensburg residents also lost their lives that evening.

The townspeople, upon seeing the devastation of their community and in spite of their own personal losses, almost immediately announced to the world their intention to rebuild. Yet, Greensburg was not just satisfied to rebuild, but was committed to do so greener, stronger and even better with an aggressive and progressive eye to their future.

Now, less than four years later, Greensburg is proving its resilience, integrity and ingenuity with the implementation of a community-based comprehensive sustainable master plan — the likes of which have never been seen before in Kansas, the U.S. or the world.

It has resulted in the most LEED-platinum buildings per capita in the world and an on-site wind farm that produces more energy than any other of its kind in the world. The commitment to “green” sustainable living and a healthy environment is in every decision the City Council members make – from new building materials to communication systems to recycling.

In the days immediately following the storm, several entities simultaneously developed the notion to rebuild Greensburg. Local city and county leaders started meeting in tents set up on the County Courthouse lawn. Conversations turned to “green and sustainable” rebuilding with the concept of true teamwork between the governments and citizens of the cities and county affected.

FEMA, USDA Rural Development, EPA, Kansas Division of Emergency Management, Kansas legislative and federal congressional elected officials, the Kansas Governor’s Office and the White House are examples of the bipartisan government involvement and cooperation achieved in Greensburg’s sustainable success. In fact, the integrated level of coordination of the comprehensive sustainable long-term recovery of the community, now known as The Greensburg Model®, has been praised by FEMA has the model of ‘green’ recovery for future disaster responses to be used elsewhere.

Visitors from across the United States and around the world, both from government and the private sector, have traveled to Greensburg, Kansas to observe the ‘living laboratory’ that exists in the community – observing key components of its sustainable work — covering grassroots community development, advanced green technology and innovative multi-sector financing to support successful sustainable energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.

A group called “Public Square” was organized at the behest of Governor Kathleen Sebelius with the help of a group called “Kansas Communities.” The intention of Public Square was to be the voice of citizens to make sure decisions were made from the ground up rather than the top down, and to be a true voice of the people.

Greensburg Greentown, a private non-profit group, was formed to provide education and support citizens in rebuilding “green” and sustainable. Citizen groups such as Project 2020 and Kiowa County United were formed to tackle pressing issues such as re-populating the community, raising funds to build new structures for businesses via sharing expenses, developing strategies to encourage pre-existing businesses to return or expand and new businesses to relocate to the area, along with creating new tourism opportunities by building upon the interest in the historic Big Well (the world’s largest hand dug well) and green tours of the Greensburg.

Kiowa County United raised over $1 million of private funds to provide affordable storefronts. Through sustainable practices, over 60 businesses have reopened or are in the process of doing so. Greensburg has also attracted national and international attention from various entities and media.

Further, the city partnered with the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Renewable Energy Lab (NREL) for expertise in new building technology and wind and solar energy, The city and county also looked to the future in its new Media Center which will allow high-tech communications. The center is scheduled to open this summer. In addition to housing the county history museum, extension office and library, the media center will support citizen journalism, build 21st Century skills for new careers, revitalize democratic processes by providing media access to publicly-elected board meetings and cover community events and school activities.

For its efforts, the community has seen over 500 homes built in the community. One very successful residential home rebuilding program, the ‘Greensburg Community Housing Program’, provided new housing opportunities for returning residents. This very innovative reconstruction program, composed of over 25 private and public sector partners, exemplifies the full scope of sustainability: 1) environmental, 2) financial and 3) cultural.

Homes built through this program represent some of the most affordable and energy efficient residences that have been recently built in America.

The plans for further growth are ongoing. Greensburg will break ground within the next few months on a new, innovative Big Well museum. Future plans also include an ion-exchange water treatment facility, walking and bike trails, new swimming pool and further pursuits of just good, old-fashioned clean living in a new, green, sustainable environment. Greensburg is truly rethinking and re-engineering the meaning of “rural”, and is inspiring people across the United States and abroad regarding what can be done to improve our environment and communities.

Kansas Town's Green Dreams Could Save Its Future

December 27, 2007

Greensburg, a tiny town on the vast, flat prairie of western Kansas, is at the center of a grand experiment. In May, a tornado obliterated nearly every house, tree and business.

The twister — among the strongest on record — killed 10 people and displaced almost 1,400 residents. The community had been in steep decline before the storm, but city leaders quickly saw opportunity in the disaster. Perhaps they could revive Greensburg and sustain it for generations to come by making it the greenest town in America.

Rebuilding Better

Less than two days after the tornado, as huge machines began to tear into the wreckage of his hometown, School Superintendent Darin Headrick managed to put a brave face on.

"Towns are about people, they're not about buildings. And it's a huge opportunity to rebuild — not just rebuild it the way it was but maybe rebuild it a little bit better than it was," Headrick said.

Though buildings, books and records were gone, Headrick pledged to open school on time in the fall.

He did.

First-graders recently celebrated the end of an odd semester. Classes were held in small, white trailers lined up a quarter-mile from where most of the students now live. Their teacher, Laura Proser, says winter break marks a welcome milestone.

"We just got our stoplight yesterday, and everybody's excited about that," Proser said.

The Greening of Greensburg

Townhomes are beginning to rise from the ragged tree trunks, weeds and ruins off Main Street. They mark a radical departure from traditional low-income housing, according to Duncan Prahl, who is from Pennsylvania and on contract with the National Renewable Energy Labs.

The townhomes are "LEED gold certified," Prahl said. LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. The rating is based on a system which rewards energy savings. Prahl said gold certification means these places will be almost twice as efficient as they used to be.

Building to this standard for working-class families is unusual, Prahl said.

"A lot of what's happening in Greensburg is some of the first in the country," Prahl said.

Danny Wallach began rallying the effort to make the city more energy efficient just days after the tornado hit.

"I mean, it literally struck me, green — Greensburg — and at the time, I wasn't aware of just how perfect the timing in the national green movement was," Wallach said. Wallach heads Greensburg Greentown, a nonprofit group leading the push for environmental sustainability in Greensburg.

Leaders in the environmental movement have embraced the plan. The Discovery Channel is filming a show here, called Greensburg Eco-town, and green architects are working overtime.

Wallach says residents here embraced environmental sustainability as good old-fashioned thrift and independence.

"They really get it, and they say 'OK, it's not this crazy tree-hugger agenda.' It's common sense, and it's what these people are really about," Wallach said.

'Death by a Thousand Cuts'

About 43 miles from Greensburg is a new wind farm in Spearville, Kan.

Lynn Billman of the Department of Energy believes that the force of nature that obliterated Greensburg could play a major role in sustaining its attempt to recover.

One of the turbines on the wind farm would be plenty to power Greensburg most days. Billman says the area also has great solar and geothermal potential. Even manure from nearby feedlots could be tapped for energy.

As the city weighs options for generating its own energy, it's also getting serious about saving it. Greensburg City Council resolved that all new city buildings should meet the very highest environmental standard — LEED platinum.

City manager Steve Hewitt says the town will come back stronger than ever. Before the tornado, Greensburg was shedding 2 percent of its population every year. Those who left for college rarely returned to stay. It was death by a thousand cuts.

Now, Hewitt is thinking big: office space for new businesses, the high school and an art center are all being designed LEED platinum, a move he hopes will boost Greensburg's appeal.

"Maybe it's a little crazy. There's only 14 platinum buildings in the country. When it's all said and done, I'd like four or five here in Greensburg," Hewitt said.

An energy company has announced plans to build a biodiesel plant in Greensburg. Google is considering building a wind-powered data center here. Several other companies are watching closely. Meanwhile, 100 new homes are going up, all of them more efficient than those they replaced.

Town Hall Meeting

About 200 Greensburg residents — one-third of the town's current population — recently congregated in the new school gym to talk over the progress.

Robert Kilgore said he and his wife are rebuilding their home with extra insulation, better windows and hot water on demand.

"To be successful, we just have to do it," Kilgore said.

But there's a lot of uncertainty. FEMA will cover 75 percent of the cost of restoring city buildings to their pre-storm level. Other federal and state grants will help cover most of the rest of that cost.

But city leaders aren't talking about restoring things to their old level.

Resident Ed Stauth fears a big tax hike.

"My wife says, 'Oh don't be negative,' but doggone it, I look at it from the financial part of it. I'm all for everything for Greensburg, but everything's got its price. There's no freebies," Stauth said.

Despite its murky future, Greensburg has already done something few small towns can: inspire its youth.

"Before the tornado, I was not going to come back. I was going to go to college, and who knows where. This community was dying. Now I'm definitely coming back, and I know a good majority of my friends are," said 15-year-old Levi Schmidt.

For all the optimism here though, nobody thinks that reviving Greensburg is going to be easy.

School superintendent Headrick remains optimistic, though perhaps a bit more circumspect now.

"A lot of little towns are dying a slow death," Headrick said. "We had a fork put in us pretty hard. We have to find a way to resurrect, and we hope we're making good decisions to do that."

As Greensburg tries to leverage environmentalism to rebuild and sustain itself in the wake of near total destruction, it just may unwittingly be writing a modern survival guide for rural America.

by Frank Morris

~~~~~~~~~~~~~END QUOTE FROM EFFIE TRINKET~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
THIS IS THE GREEN NAZI 9/11 OPERATION
THIS IS THE CLIMATE CHANGE 'PEARL HARBOR' EVENT
TO PUSH THROUGH A 'GREEN NAZI' PATRIOT ACT
KISSINGER HAS MENTIONED THAT HE IS PISSED OFF THAT OBAMA FAILED HIM ON CAP AND TRADE
THIS IS KISSINGER/CSIS BACKUP PLAN TO GET A GREEN NAZI PATRIOT ACT

How to Wreck the Environment 1968 [You ain't gonna believe this shit]
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=182439.0

HOW TO WRECK THE ENVIRONMENT
Chapter from Unless Peace Comes
http://noelozzy.50webs.com/articles/wreck.htm
by Gordon J. F. MacDonald U.S.A.

Professor MacDonald is associate director of the Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics at the University of California, Los Angeles. His researches have embraced a remarkable diversity of natural phenomena and his professional interests are further extended by his participation in national science policy-making. He is a member of President Johnson’s Science Advisory Committee

Among future means of obtaining national objectives by force, one possibility hinges on man’s ability to control and manipulate the environment of his planet. When achieved, this power over his environment will provide man with a new force capable of doing great and indiscriminate damage. Our present primitive understanding of deliberate environmental change makes it difficult to imagine a world in which geophysical warfare is practised. Such a world might be one in which nuclear weapons were effectively banned and the weapons of mass destruction were those of environmental catastrophe.
Alternatively, I can envisage a world of nuclear stability resulting from parity in such weapons, rendered unstable by the development by one nation of an advanced technology capable of modifying the Earth’s environment. Or geophysical weapons may be part of each nation’s armoury. As I will argue, these weapons are peculiarly suited for covert or secret wars.

Science fiction literature contains many suggestions of how wars would progress if man indeed possessed the ability to change weather, climate, or ocean currents. Many of these fictional suggestions, and other more serious discussions, fail to take into account the limitations of nature. Jules Verne gave a detailed discussion of displacing the Earth’s polar caps, thus making the world’s climatic zones more equitable (Les Voyages Extraordinaires; Sans Dessus Dessous, Metzel, 1889). Verne’s proposal was to eliminate the 23º tilt in the Earth’s axis, putting it at right angles to the Sun-Earth plane. However, as Verne correctly pointed out in a subsequent discussion, the Earth’s equatorial bulge stabilizes our planet and even the launching of a 180,000-ton projectile would produce a displacement of only 1/10 micron. Senator Estes Kefauver, Vice-Presidential candidate in the 1956 American election, rediscovered Verne’s original proposal and was seriously concerned with the tipping of the Earth’s axis. He reported that the Earth’s axis could, as the result of an H-bomb explosion, be displaced by 10º. Either Senator Kefauver or his scientific advisers neglected the stabilizing influence of the Earth’s bulge. The maximum displacement that can be expected from the explosion of a 100-megaton H-weapon is less than one micron, as Walter Munk and I pointed out in our book, Rotation of the Earth (Cambridge, 1960).

Substantial progress within the environmental sciences is slowly overcoming the gap between fact and fiction regarding manipulations of the Earth’s physical environment. As these manipulations become possible, history shows that attempts may be made to use them in support of national ambitions. To consider the consequences of environmental modification in struggles among nations, we need to consider the present state of the subject and how postulated developments in the field could lead, ten to fifty years from now, to weapons systems that would use nature in new and perhaps unexpected ways.

The key to geophysical warfare is the identification of the environmental instabilities to which the addition of a small amount of energy would release vastly greater amounts of energy. Environmental instability is a situation in which nature has stored energy in some part of the Earth or its surroundings far in excess of that which is usual. To trigger this instability, the required energy might be introduced violently by explosions or gently by small bits of material able to induce rapid changes by acting as catalysts or nucleating agents. The mechanism for energy storage might be the accumulation of strain over hundreds of millions of years in the solid Earth, or the super-cooling of water vapour in the atmosphere by updraughts taking place over a few tens of minutes. Effects of releasing this energy could be world-wide, as in the case of altering climate, or regional, as in the case of locally excited earthquakes or enhanced precipitation.

WEATHER MODIFICATION

The Earth’s atmosphere is an envelope of air which rotates, for the most part, at the same speed as the underlying continents and oceans. The relative motion between the atmosphere and the Earth arises from sources and sinks of energy which vary in location and strength but which have, as their ultimate source, the Sun’s radiation. The quantities of energy involved in weather systems exceed by a substantial margin the quantity of energy under man’s direct control.

For instance, the typical amount of energy expended in a single tornado funnel is equivalent to about fifty kilotons of explosives; a single thunderstorm tower exchanges about ten times this much energy during its lifetime; an Atlantic hurricane of moderate size may draw from the sea more than 1,000 megatons of energy. These vast quantities of energy make it unlikely that brute-force techniques will lead to sensible weather modification. Results could be achieved, however, by working on the instabilities in the atmosphere.

We are now beginning to understand several kinds of instabilities in the atmosphere. Supercooled water droplets in cold clouds are unstable, but they remain liquid for substantial periods of time unless supplied with nuclei on which they can freeze. Conversion of water droplets to ice through the introduction of artificial nuclei can provide a local source of energy. This released heat can cause rising air currents which in turn lead to further formation of supercooled water. This process may lead to rainfall at the ground greater than that which would have been produced without the artificial nucleation. A second instability may arise, in which water vapour condenses into water, again affecting the distribution of sensible energy. On a larger scale, there is the so-called baroclinic instability of atmospheric waves that girdle the planet. Through the imbalance of heat between equator and pole, energy in this instability is stored, to be released in the creation of large cyclonic storms in the temperate zones. There are other, less well understood instabilities capable of affecting climate; I shall return to them later.

What is the present situation with respect to weather modification and what might be reasonably expected in the future? Experiments over the past eighteen years have demonstrated unequivocally that clouds composed of supercooled water droplets can be transformed into ice-crystal clouds by seeding them with silver iodide, ‘dry ice’ (frozen carbon dioxide) and other suitable chemical agents. This discovery has been applied operationally in the clearance of airports covered by supercooled ground fog. No analogous technique has yet evolved for clearing warm fog, although several promising leads are now being investigated. In the case of warm fog, the atmospheric instability is that water vapour distributed in small drops contains more surface energy than the same water distributed in large drops. The trick for clearance of this warm fog will be to discover some way of getting the small drops to organize themselves into larger ones and then fall to the ground.

There is increasing, though inconclusive, evidence that rainfall from some types of clouds and storm systems in temperate regions can be increased by ten to fifteen per cent by seeding. Somewhat more controversial evidence indicates that precipitation can be increased from tropical cumulus by techniques similar to those employed in temperate regions. Preliminary experiments on hurricanes have the aim of dissipating the clouds surrounding the eye of the storm in order to spread the energy of the hurricane and reduce its force. The results are controversial but indicate that seeding can, in certain circumstaaces, lead to a marked growth in the seeded cloud. This possibility may have merit in hurricane modification, but experimentation has not yet resulted in a definitive statement.

Regarding the suppression of lightning, there is mixed but largely promising evidence that the frequency of cloud-to-ground strokes can be reduced by the introduction of ‘chaff’, strips of metallic foil of the kind used for creating spurious echoes in enemy radars.

In looking to the future, it is quite clear that substantial advances will be made in all of these areas of weather modification. Today, both military and civilian air transport benefit from progress in the clearance of ground fog. Further progress in the technology of introducing the seeding agent into the fog makes it likely that this type of fog dispersal will become routine. In a sense, fog clearing is the first military application of deliberate manipulation of weather, but it is, of course, very limited.

Large field programmes are being undertaken in the United States to explore further the possibility of enhancing precipitation, particularly in the western and north-eastern states. On the high ground of the western states, snow from winter storms provides much of the country’s moisture. Investigations are under way to see if seeding can lead to an increased snowpack and thus enhance the water resources. Intense interest in this form of weather modification, coupled with an increased investigation of the physics of clouds, is likely to lead to effective cloud modification within the next five to fifteen years. At present, the effects are measured only statistically and too little has been done in cloud observation before and after seeding in the way of precisely pinpointing which clouds are most likely to be affected.

As far as military applications are concerned, I conjecture that precipitation enhancement would have a limited value in classical tactical situations, and then only in the future when controls are more thoroughly understood. One could, for example, imagine field commanders calling for local enhancement of precipitation to cover or impede various ground operations. An alternative use of cloud seeding might be applied strategically. We are presently uncertain about the effect of seeding on precipitation down wind from the seeded clouds. Preliminary analysis suggests that there is no effect 200-300 miles down wind, but that continued seeding over a long stretch of dry land clearly could remove sufficient moisture to prevent rain 1,000 miles down wind. This extended effect leads to the possibility of covertly removing moisture from the atmosphere so that a nation dependent on water vapour crossing a competitor country could be subjected to years of drought. The operation could be concealed by the statistical irregularity of the atmosphere. A nation possessing superior technology in environmental manipulation could damage an adversary without revealing its intent.

Modification of storms, too, could have major strategic implications. As I have mentioned, preliminary experiments have been carried out on the seeding of hurricanes. The dynamics of hurricanes and the mechanism by which energy is transferred from the ocean into the atmosphere supporting the hurricane are poorly understood. Yet various schemes for both dissipation and steering can be imagined. Although hurricanes originate in tropical regions, they can travel into temperate latitudes, as the residents of New England know only too well. A controlled hurricane could be used as a weapon to terrorize opponents over substantial parts of the populated world.

It is generally supposed that a hurricane draws most of its energy from the sea over which it passes. The necessary process of heat transfer depends on wave action which permits the air to come in contact with a volume of water. This interaction between the air and water also stirs the upper layers of the atmosphere and permits the hurricane to draw on a substantially larger reservoir of heat than just the warm surface water. There may be ways, using monomolecular films of materials like those developed for covering reservoirs to reduce evaporation, for decreasing the local interaction between sea and air and thus preventing the ocean from providing energy to the hurricane in an accelerated fashion. Such a procedure, coupled with selective seeding, might provide hurricane guidance mechanisms. At present we are a long way from having the basic data and understanding necessary to carry out such experiments; nevertheless, the long-term possibility of developing and applying such techniques under the cover of nature’s irregularities presents a disquieting prospect.

CLIMATE MODIFICATION

In considering whether or not climate modification is possible, it is useful to examine climate variations under natural conditions. Firm geological evidence exists of a long sequence of Ice Ages, in the relatively recent past, which shows that the world’s climate has been in a state of slow evolution. There is also good geological, archaeological and historical evidence for a pattern of smaller, more rapid fluctuations superimposed on the slow evolutionary change. For example, in Europe the climate of the early period following the last Ice Age was continental, with hot summers and cold winters. In the sixth millennium B.C., there was a change to a warm humid climate with a mean temperature of 5ºF higher than at present and a heavy rainfall that caused considerable growth of peat. This period, known as a climatic optimum, was accentuated in Scandinavia by a land subsidence which permitted a greater influx of warm Atlantic water into the large Baltic Sea.

The climatic optimum was peculiar. While on the whole there was a very gradual decrease of rainfall, the decrease was interrupted by long droughts during which the surface peat dried. This fluctuation occurred several times, the main dry periods being from 2000 to 1900, 1200 to 1000 and 700 to 500 B.C. The last, a dry heat wave lasting approximately 200 years, was the best developed. The drought, though not sufficiently intense to interrupt the steady development of forests, did cause extensive migrations of peoples from drier to wetter regions.

A change to colder and wetter conditions occurred in Europe about 500 B.C. and was by far the greatest and most abrupt alteration in climate since the end of the last Ice Age. It had a catastrophic effect on the early civilization of Europe: large areas of forest were killed by the rapid growth of peat and the levels of the Alpine lakes rose suddenly, flooding many of the lake settlements. This climatic change did not last long; by the beginning of the Christian era, conditions did not differ greatly from current ones. Since then climatic variations have continued to occur and although none has been as dramatic as that of 500 B.C. a perturbation known as the little ice age of the seventeenth century is a recent noteworthy example. The cause of these historical changes in climate remains shrouded in mystery, The rapid changes of climate in the past suggest to many that there exist instabilities affecting the balance of solar radiation.

Indeed, climate is primarily determined by the balance between the incoming short-wave from the Sun (principally light) and the loss of outgoing long-wave radiation (principally heat).

Three factors dominate the balance: the energy of the Sun, the surface character of terrestrial regions (water, ice, vegetation, desert, etc.), and the transparency of the Earth’s atmosphere to different forms of radiated energy. In the last connection, the effect of clouds in making cool days and relatively warm nights is a matter of familiar experience. But clouds are a manifestation rather than an original determinant of weather and climate; of more fundamental significance is the effect of gases in the atmosphere, which absorb much of the radiation in transit from the Sun to the Earth or from the Earth into space. Intense X-rays and ultra-violet from the Sun, together with high-energy atomic particles, are arrested in the upper atmosphere. Only the narrow band of visible light and some short radio waves traverse the atmosphere without serious interruption.

There has been much controversy in recent years about conjectured overall effects on the world’s climate of emissions of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere from furnaces and engines burning fossil fuels, and some about possible influences of the exhaust from large rockets on the transparency of the upper atmosphere. Carbon dioxide placed in the atmosphere since the start of the industrial revolution has produced an increase in the average temperature of the lower atmosphere of a few tenths of a degree Fahrenheit. The water vapour that may be introduced into the stratosphere by the supersonic transport may also result in a similar temperature rise. In principle it would be feasible to introduce material into the upper atmosphere that would absorb either incoming light (thereby cooling the surface) or outgoing heat (thereby warming the surface). In practice, in the rarefied and windswept upper atmosphere, the material would disperse rather quickly, so that military use of such a technique would probably rely upon global rather than local effects. Moreover, molecular material will tend to decompose, and even elemental materials will eventually be lost by diffusion into space or precipitation to the surface. At intermediate levels, in the stratosphere, materials may tend to accumulate though the mixing time for this part of the atmosphere is certainly less than ten years and may be a few months. If a nation’s meteorologists calculated that a general warming or cooling of the Earth was in their national interest, improving their climate while worsening others, the temptation to release materials from high-altitude rockets might exist. At present we know too little about the paradoxical effects of warming and cooling, however, to tell what the outcome might be.

More sudden, perhaps much briefer but nevertheless disastrous effects, are predictable if chemical or physical means were developed for attacking one of the natural constituents of the atmosphere ozone. A low concentration of ozone (03, a rare molecular form of oxygen) in a layer between fifteen and fifty kilometres altitude has the utmost significance for life on land. It is responsible for absorbing the greater part of the ultra-violet from the Sun. In mild doses, this radiation causes sunburn; if the full force of it were experienced at the surface, it would be fatal to all life – including farm crops and herds – that could not take shelter. The ozone is replenished daily, but a temporary ‘hole’ in the ozone layer over a target area might be created by physical or chemical action. For example, ultra-violet at 250 millimicrons wavelength decomposes ozone molecules, and ozone reacts readily with a wide range of materials.

At present, we can only tentatively speculate about modifying the short-wave radiation at its source, the Sun. We have discovered major instabilities on the Sun’s surface which might be manipulated many years hence. In a solar flare, for example, 1010 megatons of energy are stored in distorted magnetic fields. With advanced techniques of launching rockets and setting off large explosions, we may sometime in the future learn to trigger these instabilities. For the near future, however, modification will not be in the short-wave in- coming radiation but in the long-wave outgoing radiation.

The usual schemes for modifying climate involve the manipulation of large ice fields. The persistence of these large ice fields is due to the cooling effects of the ice itself, both in reflecting (rather than absorbing) incoming short-wave radiation and in radiating heat at a higher rate than the usual ground cover. A commonly suggested means of climate modification involves thin layers of coloured material spread on an icy surface, thus inhibiting both the reaction and radiation processes, melting the ice, and thereby altering the climate. Such a procedure presents obvious technical and logistic difficulties. For example, if one wished to create a surface coating of as little as one micron thickness to cover a square 1,000 kilometres in size, the total material for this extremely thin coating would weigh a million tons or more, depending upon its density. So the proposals to dust from the air some of the globe’s extended ice sheets, are unrealistic and reflect a brute-force technique, taking no advantage of instabilities within the environment.

While it may be technologically difficult to change an ice cap’s surface character, and thus its thermal properties, it may be possible to move the ice, taking into account the gravitational instability of ice caps. The gravitational potential energy of water as a thick, high ice cap is much greater than it would be at sea level. This fact makes it possible, at least in principle, to devise schemes for bringing about a redistribution in the ice. Indeed, A. T. Wilson has proposed a cyclical theory for the Ice Ages based on this instability.

The main points of Wilson’s theory are as follows:

-Antarctica is covered by an ice sheet several kilometres thick. Pressure at the bottom of the ice is great enough to keep the ice at or near its melting point; water is an unusual material in that a pressure increase lowers rather than raises its melting point. An increase in thickness of the ice sheet could result in melting at the bottom. The resulting ice-water mixture along the sole of the glacier would permit flow by a process of freezing and melting – a flow process much more effective than ordinary plastic fiow.

-If such an instability occurs, the ice sheet will flow out on to the surrounding sea and a large ice shelf will be formed between Antarctica and the ocean around it. As a consequence, short-wave solar radiation will be reflected and there will be enhanced loss of heat by radiation at the long wave-lengths, causing cooling and the inducement of world-wide glaciation.

-Once the ice shelf is in the ocean, it will begin to melt and eventually will be removed. The ice remaining on land will be much thinner than before. As the reflectivity of the southern hemisphere decreases with the melting of the Antarctic ice cap, the global climate will grow warmer again, corresponding to the start of an interglacial period. The ice cap will slowly form again.

Commenting on Wilson’s theory, J. T. Hollin has noted the possibility of a catastrophic surge or advance of the ice sheet, such as has been recorded from small glaciers on numerous occasions. The largest surge yet reported is probably that of the ice cap in Spitsbergen which advanced up to twenty-one kilometres on a front of thirty kilometres sometime between 1935 and 1938. There are also reports of glacial advances at speeds up to 100 metres per day. Hollin speculates that, once the bottom-melting phase of a gravitationally unstable ice cap is reached, it will move quickly. In addition to trapped geothermal heat melting the ice at the bottom, there are additional contributions from frictional heat generated as the glacier scrapes along the solid ground.

If the speculative theory of Wilson is correct (and there are many attractive features to it) then a mechanism does exist for catastrophically altering the Earth’s climate. The release of thermal energy, perhaps through nuclear explosions along the base of an ice sheet, could initiate outward sliding of the ice sheet which would then be sustained by gravitational energy. One megaton of energy is sufficient to melt about 100 million tons of ice. One hundred megatons of energy would convert 0.1 cm of ice into a thin layer of water covering the entire Antarctic ice cap. Lesser amounts of energy suitably placed could undoubtedly initiate the outward flow of the ice.

What would be the consequences of such an operation? The immediate effect of this vast quantity of ice surging into the water, if velocities of 100 metres per day are appropriate, would be to create massive tsunamis (tidal waves) which would completely wreck coastal regions even in the northern hemisphere. There would then follow marked changes in climate brought about by the suddenly changed reflectivity of the Earth. At a rate of 100 metres per day, the centre of the ice sheet would reach the land’s edge in forty years.

Who would stand to benefit from such application? The logical candidate, would be a landlocked equatorial country. An extended glacial period would ensure near-Arctic conditions over much of the temperate zone, but temperate climate with abundant rainfall would be the rule in the present tropical regions.

[THEY HAVE BEEN PLANNING THIS SHIT FOR DECADES!]

FUTURE OF WEATHER AND CLIMATE MODIFICATION

The foregoing perhaps represents a more positive view of weather and climate modification than that held by many Earth scientists. I believe this view is justified as it is based on three scientific and technological advances. First, understanding of basic meteorology has advanced to such an extent that mathematical models of the atmosphere here have been developed incorporating the most important elements. Physical processes in clouds, in turbulent exchanges at the surface, and in transmission of radiation through the atmosphere are no longer as mysterious as they once were. The volumes simulated by the models range from the size of a single cloud to the entire atmosphere; these models are no longer primitive representations.

Secondly, the advent of high-speed computers enables atmospheric models to be studied in greater detail. These computers have a peculiar importance to weather modification, since they will enable scientists to carry out extended experiments to test whether or not various schemes for manipulating the atmosphere are indeed possible and what the outcome should be.

The third advance lending support to expectations for weather and climate modification is the new array of instruments developed to observe and detect changes in the atmosphere. The most dramatic and perhaps the most powerful is the meteorological satellite which provides a platform whence the atmosphere can be observed, not only in geographically inaccessible regions, but also with entirely new physical measurements. For example, meteorological satellites of the future will permit the determination of humidity, temperature and pressure as averaged over substantial volumes of the atmosphere, providing quantities which are needed to develop the mathematical models. Sophisticated surface instrumentation, for observing detailed processes within smaller parts of the atmosphere, provides us with far more powerful tools with which to look at clouds and at the interaction of the atmosphere with its boundaries than those which were available ten or twenty years ago.

EARTHQUAKE MODIFICATION

What causes earthquakes? Over geological time, the irregular distribution of heat-producing radioactive elements in the rock layers gives rise to sub-surface temperature differences between various parts of the Earth. In the continents, granites and similar rocks have concentrated radioactive elements near the surface; no similar concentration has taken place in the sub-oceanic regions, which may as a result be more than 100ºC cooler than the corresponding sub-continental regions. Such variations in temperature along a horizontal line, due to the ddferences in the vertical distribution of heat-producing elements, give rise to large thermal stresses, causing strain analogous to that which cracks a glass tumbler filled with hot water. The strain tends to be greatest in regions of abrupt temperature change along a horizontal line through the Earth’s crust. The strain may be partially relieved by the slow convective flow of material in the deep Earth which is thought by some geophysicists to push continents about. But the strain can also be relieved by sharp fractures or by movements along previous faults in rocks near the surface. Movement along a fault radiates energy outward, which results in an earthquake. Each year approximately 200 megatons of strain energy is released in this fashion, the largest earthquakes corresponding to energy of the order of 100 megatons. The energy released depends on the volume of material affected. The largest earthquakes take place along faults having a linear dimension of 1,000 kilometres, whereas smaller ones take place along faults of one kilometre or less.

Major earthquakes tend to be located along two main belts. One belt, along which about eighty-five per cent of the total energy is released, passes around the Pacific and affects countries whose coastlines border this ocean, for example Japan and the west coast of North America. The second belt passes through the Mediterranean regions eastwards through Asia and joins the first belt in Indonesia. Along these two belts, large earthquakes occur with varying frequencies.

In California, a large earthquake might be expected once every 50 to 100 years, while Chile might expect such a disturbance once every ten to twenty years. Sometimes major earthquakes have occurred in regions ordinarily thought of as being free from risk. For example, the New Madrid earthquake of 1811-12 devastated a large area of central North America but had only slight cultural effects because of the area’s sparse population.

Today, our detailed understanding of the mechanism that causes an earthquake and of how the related instabilities can be triggered is limited. Only within the last few years have serious discussions of earthquake prediction begun, whereas moderately reliable weather forecasts have been available for about the last thirty to fifty years.

Currently, substantial effort is being made, primarily by Japan and the United States, to develop techniques for forecasting earthquakes. These techniques are based to a large extent on the determination of changing strain conditions of materials in the rocks surrounding recognized fault zones. Of possible value is the observation that, before an earthquake, the accumulating strain accelerates.

Control of earthquakes is a prospect even more distant than that of forecasting although two techniques have been suggested through recent experience.

In the course of the underground testing of nuclear weapons at the Nevada test site, it was observed that an explosion apparently released local strain in the Earth. The hypothesis is that the swift build-up of strain due to the sudden release of energy in an explosion discharges strain energy over a large volume of material.

Another method of releasing strain energy has appeared from pumping of underground water in the vicinity of Denver, Colorado, which has led to a series of small earthquakes. The hypothesis here is that underground water has provided local lubrication permitting adjacent blocks to slip by one another.

The use as a weapon system of the strain energy instability within the solid Earth requires an effective triggering mechanism. A scheme for pumping water seems clumsy and easily detectable. On the other hand, if the strain pattern in the crust can be accurately determined, the phased or timed release of energy from smaller faults, designed to trigger a large fault at some distance, could be contemplated. This timed release could be activated through small explosions and thus it might be possible to use this release of energy stored in small faults at some distance from a major fault to trigger that major fault. For example, the San Andreas fault zone, passing near Los Angeles and San Francisco, is part of the great earthquake belt surrounding the Pacific. Good knowledge of the strain within this belt might permit the setting off of the San Andreas zone by timed explosions in the China Sea and Philippine Sea. In contrast with certain meteorological operations, it would seem rather unlikely that such an attack could be carried out covertly under the guise of natural earthquakes.

MODIFICATION OF OCEANS

We are still in the very early stages of developing the theory and techniques for predicting the state of the oceans. In the past two decades, methods have been devised for the prediction of surface waves and surface wind distribution. A warning system for the tsunamis (tidal waves) produced by earthquakes has also been developed.

Certain currents within the oceans have been identified, but we do not yet know what the variable components are; that is, what the weather within the ocean is. Thus we have not been able to identify any instabilities within the oceanic circulation that might be easily manipulated. As in the case of the solid Earth, we can only speculate tentatively about how oceanic processes might be controlled.

One instability offering potential as a future weapon system is that associated with tsunamis. These frequently originate from the slumping into the deep ocean of loosely consolidated sediments and rocks perched on the continental shelf. Movement of these sediments can trigger the release of vast quantities of gravitational energy, part of which is converted in the motion of the tsunami. For example if, along a 1,000-kilometre edge of a continental shelf, a block 100 metres deep and 10 kilometres wide were dropped a distance of 100 metres, about 100 megatons of energy would be released. This release would be catastrophic to any coastal nation. How could it be achieved? A series of phased explosions, perhaps setting off natural earthquakes, would be a most effective way. I could even speculate on planning a guided tidal wave, where guidance is achieved by correctly shaping the source which releases energy.

BRAIN WAVES ROUND THE WORLD?

At heights of forty to fifty kilometres above the Earth’s surface, substantial numbers of charged particles are found which make this part of the atmosphere, the ionosphere, a good conductor of electricity. The rocks and oceans are also more conducting than the lower atmosphere. Thus, we live in an insulating atmosphere between two spherical conducting shells or, as the radio engineer would put it, in an Earth-ionosphere cavity, or waveguide. Radio waves striking either conducting shell tend to be reflected back into the cavity, and this phenomenon is what makes conventional long-distance radio communication possible. Only recently, however, has there been any interest in natural electrical resonances within the Earth-ionosphere waveguide. Like any such cavity, the Earth-ionosphere waveguide will tend to sustain radio oscillation at certain frequencies in preference to others. These resonant frequencies are primarily determined by the size of the Earth and the speed of light, but the properties of the ionosphere modify them to a certain extent. The lowest resonances begin at about eight cycles per second, far below the frequencies ordinarily used for radio communication. Because of their long wavelength and small field strength, they are difficult to detect. Moreover, they die down quickly, within 1/16 second or so; in engineering terms, the cavity has a short time constant.

The natural resonant oscillations are excited by lightning strokes, cloud-to-ground strokes being a much more efficient source than horizontal cloud-to-cloud discharges. On the average, about 100 lightning strokes occur each second (primarily concentrated in the equatorial regions) so that normally about six lightning flashes are available to introduce energy before a particular oscillation dies down. A typical oscillation’s field strength is of the order of 0.3 millivolts per metre.

The power of the oscillations varies geographically. For example, for a source located on the equator in Brazil the maximum intensity of the oscillation is near the source and at the opposite side of the Earth (around Indonesia). The intensity is lower in intermediate regions and towards the poles.

One can imagine several ways in which to increase the intensity of such electrical oscillations. The number of lightning strokes per second could be enhanced by artificially increasing their original number. Substantial progress has been made in the understanding of the physics of lightning and of how it might be controlled. The natural oscillations are excited by randomly occurring strokes. The excitation of timed strokes would enhance the efficiency with which energy is injected into an oscillation. Furthermore, the time constant of the oscillation would be doubled by a four-fold increase in the electrical conductivity of the ionosphere, so that any scheme for enhancing that conductivity (for example, by injecting readily ionized vapour) lowers the energy losses and lengthens the time constant, which would permit a greater number of phased lightaing strokes before the decay of an oscillation.

The enhanced low-frequency electrical oscillations in the Earth-ionosphere cavity relate to possible weapons systems through a little understood aspect of brain physiology. Electrical activity in the brain is concentrated at certain frequencies, some of it extremely slow, a little around five cycles per second, and very conspicuous activity (the so-called alpha rhythm) around ten cycles per second.

Some experiments have been done in the use of a flickering light to pull the brain’s alpha rhythm into unnatural synchrony with it; the visual stimulation leads to electrical stimulation. There has also been work on direct electrical driving of the brain. In experiments discussed by Norbert Wiener, a sheet of tin is suspended from the ceiling and connected to a generator working at ten cycles per second. With large field strengths of one or two volts per centimetre oscillating at the alpha-rhythm frequency, decidedly unpleasant sensations are noted by human subjects.

The Brain Research Institute of the University of California is investigating the effect of weak oscillating fields on human behaviour. The field strengths in these experiments are of the order of a few hundredths of a volt per centimetre. Subjects show small but measurable degradation in performance when exposed to oscillating fields for periods of up to fifteen minutes.

The field strengths in these experiments are still much stronger, by a factor of about 1,000, than the observed natural oscillations in the Earth-ionosphere cavity. However, as previously noted, the intensity of the natural fluctuations could bc increased substantially and in principle could be maintained for a long time, as tropical thunder storms are always available for manipulation. The proper geographical location of the source of lightning, coupled with accurately-timed, artificially-excited strokes, could lead to a pattern of oscillations that produced relatively high power levels over certain regions of the Earth and substantially lower levels over other regions. In this way, one could develop a system that would seriously impair brain performance in very large populations in selected regions over an extended period.

The scheme I have suggested is admittedly far-fetched, but I have used it to indicate the rather subtle connections between variations in man’s environmental conditions and his behaviour. Perturbation of the environment can produce changes in behaviour patterns. Since our understanding of both behavioural and environmental manipulation is rudimentary, schemes of behavioural alteration on the surface seem unrealistic. No matter how deeply disturbing the thought of using the environment to manipulate behaviour for national advantage is to some, the technology permitting such use will very probably develop within the next few decades.

SECRET WAR AND CHANGING RELATIONSHIPS

Deficiencies both in the basic understanding of the physical processes in the environment and in the technology of environmental change make it highly unlikely that environmental modification will be an attractive weapon system in any direct military confrontation in the near future. Man already possesses highly effective tools for destruction. Eventually, however, means other than open warfare may be used to secure national advantage. As economic competition among many advanced nations heightens, it may be to a country’s advantage to ensure a peaceful natural environment for itself and a disturbed environment for its competitors. Operations producing such conditions might be carried out covertly, since nature’s great irregularity permits storms, floods, droughts, earthquakes and tidal waves to be viewed as unusual but not unexpected. Such a ‘secret war’ need never be declared or even known by the affected populations. It could go on for years with only the security forces involved being aware of it. The years of drought and storm would be attributed to unkindly nature and only after a nation were thoroughly drained would an armed take-over be attempted.

In addition to their covert nature, a feature common to several modification schemes is their ability to affect the Earth as a whole. The environment knows no political boundaries; it is independent of the institutions based on geography and the effects of modification can be projected from any one point to any other on the Earth.

Because environmental modification may be a dominant feature of future world decades, there is concern that this incipient technology is in total conflict with many of the traditional geographical and political units and concepts.

Political, legal, economic and sociological consequences of deliberate environmental modification, even for peaceful purposes, will be of such complexity that perhaps all our present involvements in nuclear affairs will seem simple. Our understanding of basic environmental science and technology is primitive, but still more primitive are our notions of the proper political forms and procedures to deal with the consequences of modification. All experience shows that less significant technological changes than environmental control finally transform political and social relationships. Experience also shows that these transformations are not necessarily predictable, and that guesses we might make now, based on precedent, are likely to be quite wrong. It would seem, however, that these non-scientific, non-technological problems are of such magnitude that they deserve consideration by serious students throughout the world if society is to live comfortably in a controlled environment.

Author’s note: In the section on weather modification I have drawn heavily on Weather and Climate Modification (National Academy of Sciences, National Research Council, Washington, zg66). A. T. Wilson’s paper on ‘Origin of Ice Ages’ appeared in Nature, vol. aox, pp. z4y-g (xg64), and J. T. Hollin’s comments in vol. ao8, pp. ra-16 (r 965). Release of tectonic strain by underground nuclear explosion was reported by F. Press and C. Archambeau in Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 67, pp. 337-43 (1962), and man-made earthquakes in Denver by D. Evans in Geotimes, vol. to, pp. rr-rp. I am grateful to J. Homer and W. Ross Adey of the Brain Research Institute of the University of California at Los Angeles, for information on the experimental investigation of the infiuence of magnetic fields on human behaviour.

"Natural" Disaster is just like War ...
blow stuff up and Kill people ...
than create tons of wealth for TPTB
with the reconstruction. VOILA!

Documentary: Owning the Weather ( 2009 )
I watched this movie a few months ago, on Netflix Instant Watch ( It's still there ).

I think everyone  needs to watch it just to see how they are trying to sell geoengineering.  It's unbelievable how they talk about controlling the weather as if there would be no consequences.  PLEASE WATCH IT!

The tagline: "We've always wanted to control the weather. Now we may have to."

Military - owning the weather by 2025
hmmmm. Long doc but its an eye opener!
 :o
http://csat.au.af.mil/2025/volume3/vol3ch15.pdf

Executive Summary
In 2025, US aerospace forces can “own the weather” by capitalizing on emerging technologies and
focusing development of those technologies to war-fighting applications. Such a capability offers the war
fighter tools to shape the battlespace in ways never before possible. It provides opportunities to impact
operations across the full spectrum of conflict and is pertinent to all possible futures. The purpose of this
paper is to outline a strategy for the use of a future weather-modification system to achieve military
objectives rather than to provide a detailed technical road map.
A high-risk, high-reward endeavor, weather-modification offers a dilemma not unlike the splitting of the
atom. While some segments of society will always be reluctant to examine controversial issues such as
weather-modification, the tremendous military capabilities that could result from this field are ignored at our
own peril. From enhancing friendly operations or disrupting those of the enemy via small-scale tailoring of
natural weather patterns to complete dominance of global communications and counterspace control,
weather-modification offers the war fighter a wide-range of possible options to defeat or coerce an
adversary. Some of the potential capabilities a weather-modification system could provide to a war-fighting
commander in chief (CINC) are listed in table 1. . . . . read on at link above :(

more tidbits . . .

What Do We Mean by “Weather-modification”?
Today, weather-modification is the alteration of weather phenomena over a limited area for a limited
period of time.9 Within the next three decades, the concept of weather-modification could expand to include
the ability to shape weather patterns by influencing their determining factors.10 Achieving such a highly
accurate and reasonably precise weather-modification capability in the next 30 years will require
overcoming some challenging but not insurmountable technological and legal hurdles. . . .

How could all of this happen? The
following notional scenario postulates how weather-modification might become both technically feasible and
socially desirable by 2025.
Between now and 2005, technological advances in meteorology and the demand for more precise
weather information by global businesses will lead to the successful identification and parameterization of
the major variables that affect weather. By 2015, advances in computational capability, modeling techniques,
and atmospheric information tracking will produce a highly accurate and reliable weather prediction
capability, validated against real-world weather. In the following decade, population densities put pressure
on the worldwide availability and cost of food and usable water. Massive life and property losses
associated with natural weather disasters become increasingly unacceptable. These pressures prompt
governments and/or other organizations who are able to capitalize on the technological advances of the
previous 20 years to pursue a highly accurate and reasonably precise weather-modification capability. The
increasing urgency to realize the benefits of this capability stimulates laws and treaties, and some unilateral
actions, making the risks required to validate and refine it acceptable. By 2025, the world, or parts of it, are
able to shape local weather patterns by influencing the factors that affect climate, precipitation, storms and
their effects, fog, and near space. These highly accurate and reasonably precise civil applications of
weather-modification technology have obvious military implications . . .

Extreme and controversial examples of weather modification—creation of made-to-order weather,
large-scale climate modification, creation and/or control (or “steering”) of severe storms, etc.—were
researched as part of this study but receive only brief mention here because, in the authors’ judgment, the
technical obstacles preventing their application appear insurmountable within 30 years.12 If this were not the
case, such applications would have been included in this report as potential military options, despite their
controversial and potentially malevolent nature and their inconsistency with standing UN agreements to
which the US is a signatory

Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather in 2025
There is a severe drought in the southeastern US and the neighbors have turned snitch on those who water their lawns in Atlanta, Georgia to the water police. In San Diego, there is an ordinance to fine landlords and tenants $1,000 for noise complaints from neighbors.

A police state is incrementally being phased in rapidly since 9/11 and your next door neighbor could be a brown shirt snitch. The next time you see something slithering on it's belly with a forked tongue watching your activities. It could be your neighbor!

They love their masters and they think you should too!

Watch Video  http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dkhl17qs_AE
It's entirely feasible from a technological perspective that the drought was engineered.

refer to this document - "Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather in 2025"  
http://csat.au.af.mil/2025/volume3/vol3ch15.pdf
(note: they have these capabilities and more already)

SECRET WAR AND CHANGING RELATIONSHIPS

Deficiencies both in the basic understanding of the physical processes in the environment and in the technology of environmental change make it highly unlikely that environmental modification will be an attractive weapon system in any direct military confrontation in the near future. Man already possesses highly effective tools for destruction. Eventually, however, means other than open warfare may be used to secure national advantage. As economic competition among many advanced nations heightens, it may be to a country’s advantage to ensure a peaceful natural environment for itself and a disturbed environment for its competitors.

Operations producing such conditions might be carried out covertly, since nature’s great irregularity permits storms, floods, droughts, earthquakes and tidal waves to be viewed as unusual but not unexpected. Such a ‘secret war’ need never be declared or even known by the affected populations. It could go on for years with only the security forces involved being aware of it.

The years of drought and storm would be attributed to unkindly nature and

only after a nation were thoroughly drained would an armed take-over be attempted.

In addition to their covert nature, a feature common to several modification schemes is their ability to affect the Earth as a whole. The environment knows no political boundaries; it is independent of the institutions based on geography and the effects of modification can be projected from any one point to any other on the Earth.

Because environmental modification may be a dominant feature of future world decades, there is concern that this incipient technology is in total conflict with many of the traditional geographical and political units and concepts.

Political, legal, economic and sociological consequences of deliberate environmental modification, even for peaceful purposes, will be of such complexity that perhaps all our present involvements in nuclear affairs will seem simple. Our understanding of basic environmental science and technology is primitive, but still more primitive are our notions of the proper political forms and procedures to deal with the consequences of modification. All experience shows that less significant technological changes than environmental control finally transform political and social relationships. Experience also shows that these transformations are not necessarily predictable, and that guesses we might make now, based on precedent, are likely to be quite wrong. It would seem, however, that these non-scientific, non-technological problems are of such magnitude that they deserve consideration by serious students throughout the world if society is to live comfortably in a controlled environment.
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated

The 1972 United Nations Conference on the Human Environment

Documenting the early origins of the scam. Kurt Waldheim makes a cameo too.

Quote from:
The video on the historic 1972 United Nations Conference on Human Environment (UNCHE), held at Stockholm, Sweden. Hosted by the Swedish Government, under the Prime Minister, Olof Palme, the conference globalized the environmental movement. The conference owed its success to Maurice Strong, Secretary General of UNCHE.

Introduction

The first United Nations Conference on the Human Environment (UNCHE) was held in Stockholm, Sweden from June 5 to June 16, 1972. Representatives from 113 countries were present, as well as representatives from many international non-governmental organizations, intergovernmental organizations, and many other specialized agencies. This was the first United Nations conference on the environment as well as the first major international gathering focused on human activities in relationship to the environment, and it laid the foundation for environmental action at an international level. The conference acknowledged that the goal of reducing human impact on the environment would require extensive international cooperation, as many of the problems affecting the environment are global in nature. Following this conference, the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) was launched in order to encourage United Nations agencies to integrate environmental measures into their programs.

UNCHE

The UNCHE emphasized that defending and improving the environment must become a goal to be pursued by all countries. The Stockholm Declaration and Action Plan defined principles for the preservation and enhancement of the natural environment, and highlighted the need to support people in this process. The Conference indicated that “industrialized” environmental problems, such as habitat degradation, toxicity and acid rain , were not necessarily relevant issues for all countries. In particular, development strategies were not meeting the needs of the poorest countries and communities.

Some of the specific issues addressed was the role which industrialized countries should have in the process of protecting the environment, stating that industrial countries should help to close the gap between them and underdeveloped countries while keeping their own priorities and the protection and improvement of the environment in mind. The conference developed a long set of recommendations to act as goals to pursue its mission. Recommendations included that governments communicate about environmental issues that have international implications (such as air pollution), that governments give attention to the training of those who plan, develop, and manage settlement areas, and that agencies work together to address many issues, such as access to clean water and population growth.

However, it was the pending environmental problems that dominated the meeting and led to wider public environmental awareness.

United Nations Environment Programme

One of the greatest achievements of the UNCHE was the creation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), based in Nairobi, Kenya. The mission of UNEP is "to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations." UNEP is the voice for the environment within the United Nations system and works toward this mission by:

Encouraging international participation and cooperation in addressing environmental issues and environmental policy
Monitoring the status of the global environment and interpreting environmental data collected
Creating environmental awareness in governments, society, and the private sector
Coordinating UN activities pertaining to the environment
Developing regional programs for sustainability
Helping environmental authorities, especially those in developing countries, form and implement policy
Helping to develop international environmental law

1972 United Nations Conference on the Human Environment Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mBA_9p-Vfc
Written By MDJarv In June of 1972, leaders and bureaucrats from around the world met in Stockholm, Sweden, for the United Nations Conference on the Human Environment

1992 Rio Conference...

http://www.un.org/documents/ga/conf151/aconf15126-1annex1.htm

United Nations      
A/CONF.151/26 (Vol. I)

General Assembly

Distr. GENERAL
12 August 1992

ORIGINAL: ENGLISH

REPORT OF THE UNITED NATIONS CONFERENCE ON
                    ENVIRONMENT AND DEVELOPMENT*

(Rio de Janeiro, 3-14 June 1992)

Annex I

RIO DECLARATION ON ENVIRONMENT AND DEVELOPMENT

The United Nations Conference on Environment and Development,

Having met at Rio de Janeiro from 3 to 14 June 1992,

Reaffirming the Declaration of the United Nations Conference on the Human
Environment, adopted at Stockholm on 16 June 1972, a/ and seeking to build upon
it,

With the goal of establishing a new and equitable global partnership
through the creation of new levels of cooperation among States, key sectors of
societies and people,

Working towards international agreements which respect the interests of
all and protect the integrity of the global environmental and developmental
system,

Recognizing the integral and interdependent nature of the Earth, our
home,

Proclaims that:

Principle 1

Human beings are at the centre of concerns for sustainable development.
They are entitled to a healthy and productive life in harmony with nature.

Principle 2

States have, in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations and the
principles of international law, the sovereign right to exploit their own
resources pursuant to their own environmental and developmental policies, and
the responsibility to ensure that activities within their jurisdiction or
control do not cause damage to the environment of other States or of areas
beyond the limits of national jurisdiction.

Principle 3

The right to development must be fulfilled so as to equitably meet
developmental and environmental needs of present and future generations.

Principle 4

In order to achieve sustainable development, environmental protection
shall constitute an integral part of the development process and cannot be
considered in isolation from it.

Principle 5

All States and all people shall cooperate in the essential task of
eradicating poverty as an indispensable requirement for sustainable
development, in order to decrease the disparities in standards of living and
better meet the needs of the majority of the people of the world.

Principle 6

The special situation and needs of developing countries, particularly the
least developed and those most environmentally vulnerable, shall be given
special priority.  International actions in the field of environment and
development should also address the interests and needs of all countries.

Principle 7

States shall cooperate in a spirit of global partnership to conserve,
protect and restore the health and integrity of the Earth's ecosystem.  In view
of the different contributions to global environmental degradation, States have
common but differentiated responsibilities.  The developed countries
acknowledge the responsibility that they bear in the international pursuit of
sustainable development in view of the pressures their societies place on the
global environment and of the technologies and financial resources they
command.

Principle 8

To achieve sustainable development and a higher quality of life for all
people, States should reduce and eliminate unsustainable patterns of production
and consumption and promote appropriate demographic policies.

Principle 9

States should cooperate to strengthen endogenous capacity-building for
sustainable development by improving scientific understanding through exchanges
of scientific and technological knowledge, and by enhancing the development,
adaptation, diffusion and transfer of technologies, including new and
innovative technologies.

Principle 10

Environmental issues are best handled with the participation of all
concerned citizens, at the relevant level.  At the national level, each
individual shall have appropriate access to information concerning the
environment that is held by public authorities, including information on
hazardous materials and activities in their communities, and the opportunity
to participate in decision-making processes.  States shall facilitate and
encourage public awareness and participation by making information widely
available.  Effective access to judicial and administrative proceedings,
including redress and remedy, shall be provided.

Principle 11

States shall enact effective environmental legislation.  Environmental
standards, management objectives and priorities should reflect the
environmental and developmental context to which they apply.  Standards applied
by some countries may be inappropriate and of unwarranted economic and social
cost to other countries, in particular developing countries.

Principle 12

States should cooperate to promote a supportive and open international
economic system that would lead to economic growth and sustainable development
in all countries, to better address the problems of environmental degradation.
Trade policy measures for environmental purposes should not constitute a means
of arbitrary or unjustifiable discrimination or a disguised restriction on
international trade.  Unilateral actions to deal with environmental challenges
outside the jurisdiction of the importing country should be avoided.
Environmental measures addressing transboundary or global environmental
problems should, as far as possible, be based on an international consensus.

Principle 13

States shall develop national law regarding liability and compensation
for the victims of pollution and other environmental damage.  States shall also
cooperate in an expeditious and more determined manner to develop further
international law regarding liability and compensation for adverse effects of
environmental damage caused by activities within their jurisdiction or control
to areas beyond their jurisdiction.

Principle 14

States should effectively cooperate to discourage or prevent the
relocation and transfer to other States of any activities and substances that
cause severe environmental degradation or are found to be harmful to human
health.

Principle 15

In order to protect the environment, the precautionary approach shall be
widely applied by States according to their capabilities.  Where there are
threats of serious or irreversible damage, lack of full scientific certainty
shall not be used as a reason for postponing cost-effective measures to prevent
environmental degradation.

Principle 16

National authorities should endeavour to promote the internalization of
environmental costs and the use of economic instruments, taking into account
the approach that the polluter should, in principle, bear the cost of
pollution, with due regard to the public interest and without distorting
international trade and investment.

Principle 17

Environmental impact assessment, as a national instrument, shall be
undertaken for proposed activities that are likely to have a significant
adverse impact on the environment and are subject to a decision of a competent
national authority.

Principle 18

States shall immediately notify other States of any natural disasters or
other emergencies that are likely to produce sudden harmful effects on the
environment of those States.  Every effort shall be made by the international
community to help States so afflicted.

Principle 19

States shall provide prior and timely notification and relevant
information to potentially affected States on activities that may have a
significant adverse transboundary environmental effect and shall consult with
those States at an early stage and in good faith.

Principle 20

Women have a vital role in environmental management and development.
Their full participation is therefore essential to achieve sustainable
development.

Principle 21

The creativity, ideals and courage of the youth of the world should be
mobilized to forge a global partnership in order to achieve sustainable
development and ensure a better future for all.

Principle 22

Indigenous people and their communities and other local communities have
a vital role in environmental management and development because of their
knowledge and traditional practices.  States should recognize and duly support
their identity, culture and interests and enable their effective participation
in the achievement of sustainable development.

Principle 23

The environment and natural resources of people under oppression,
domination and occupation shall be protected.

Principle 24

Warfare is inherently destructive of sustainable development.  States
shall therefore respect international law providing protection for the
environment in times of armed conflict and cooperate in its further
development, as necessary.

Principle 25

Peace, development and environmental protection are interdependent and
indivisible.

Principle 26

States shall resolve all their environmental disputes peacefully and by
appropriate means in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations.

Principle 27

States and people shall cooperate in good faith and in a spirit of
partnership in the fulfilment of the principles embodied in this Declaration
and in the further development of international law in the field of sustainable
development.

a/    Report of the United Nations Conference on the Human Environment,
Stockholm, 5-16 June 1972 (United Nations publication, Sales No. E.73.II.A.14
and corrigendum), chap. I.

This document has been posted online by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA). Reproduction and dissemination of the document - in electronic and/or printed format - is encouraged, provided acknowledgement is made of the role of the United Nations in making it available.

Date last updated: 12 January, 2000 by DESA/DSD
Copyright © 1999 United Nations

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
SAIC:
DURING EARTHQUAKE FALSE FLAGS,
WE CONTROL ALL INFORMATION
WE WILL DECIDE WHAT INFORMATION LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT IS ALLOWED TO SEE

I cannot even believe this shit...all reports will have zero local audit trails...everything will be up in the clouds!

Unified Incident Command and Decision Support (UICDS) System Deployed to the Cloud
SAIC Demonstrates UICDS Cloud-Based Functionality During National Level Exercise for 2011

http://investors.saic.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=193857&p=irol-newsArticle&id=1571399

MCLEAN, Va., June 7, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) (NYSE: SAI) announced today that the Unified Incident Command and Decision Support (UICDS) system has been successfully deployed to the cloud. The deployment, in support of the "UICDS Technology Showcase" during the National Level Exercise for 2011 (NLE 11), demonstrates UICDS applicability and compatibility with cloud-based technologies.

UICDS is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Science and Technology Directorate, and is being executed under a prime contract with SAIC. The system enables police, fire, emergency medical and management, and other response organizations to use incident management technologies to share information and collaborate to help protect, respond, and recover from natural disasters, and other technological and terrorist incidents.

"Deploying UICDS to the cloud for the UICDS NLE 11 Technology Showcase demonstrates the flexibility of the system's architecture," said Chip Mahoney, SAIC UICDS project manager. "Cloud deployments can be very helpful to first responders and emergency managers, providing scalability during large scale events such as earthquakes as well as access to UICDS information sharing to those who lack the IT infrastructure but have a need to collaborate with their counterparts."

During the NLE 11, a catastrophic earthquake impacting the Central United States is simulated. The UICDS team then used NLE 11 incidents and responses to carry out a parallel technology showcase enabling collaboration across a nationally deployed network, representing a regional UICDS deployment with participation from the Federal Government, technology providers and others.

"The UICDS NLE 11 Technology Showcase clearly demonstrated that information sharing is all about collaborative content," said Jim Morentz, SAIC UICDS director of outreach. "The UICDS role is not to prescribe how people view information; rather, UICDS focuses on what data should be shared during an incident."

Most incriminating...
"The UICDS role is not to prescribe how people view information; rather, UICDS focuses on what data should be shared during an incident."

Hello! McFly! McFly! Anybody home?

What data should not be shared? You mean like 500 witnesses saying they heard bombs in the buildings? Like thousands of early warnings to the false flag event?

Like connections between weather weapon events and SAIC?

W T F ?

They are a private compnay! How can anyone still ignore the evidence that our constitutional republic is under attack by a scientific and banking elite. These Bilderberg Nazi Fascists are a clear and present threat to the national security of the United States?!?!?!

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2011, 11:27:25 pm »

More details to follow..

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/995/198/US_Military_Attempts_Coup_Using_HAARP_to_Trigger_DC_Quake.html

This is a BS story to blame the rank and file military when the green agenda is controlled by the Bilderberg green nazis.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
NLE11 HAARP/STUXNET Earthquake/Nuke Attacks during NLE11 being used  to create a 'Green Nazi' Patriot Act
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?board=504.0

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2011, 11:50:45 pm »
from Twitter

RT!RT! #EARTHQUAKES #CO & #VA "Prob prelude to major #Quake-Volcano QV events Aug24-28" says #Piers #WeatherAction http://bit.ly/peih7b

what does RT mean??

???

I think RT is an acronym for Russia Today... But what the hell do I know...

TMWFCJTEWTM? I'm sure someone will figure out what this means...

JTCoyoté

"The money power preys upon of the nation in times of peace
and conspires against it in times of adversity. It is more despotic
than monarchy, more insolent than autocracy, more selfish than
bureaucracy."
~Abraham Lincoln

Offline Suriel

• The comfort you've demanded is now mandatory.
Again, RT means tetweet. The person just coppied someone else's messsage or "tweet".
"We have reached a stage at which we have surrounded ourselves with more things, but have less joy." - The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky translated by Ignat Avsey

Offline donnay

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2011, 12:26:00 am »
This is a BS story to blame the rank and file military when the green agenda is controlled by the Bilderberg green nazis.

US Military Attempts Coup Using HAARP to Trigger DC Quake!1172
Conspiracy Theories on Tuesday, August 23, 2011 2:26

http://beforeitsnews.com/

I have searched high and low for something to confirm the above story, and I have found nothing.  It is under the heading of "conspiracy theories" --so we will have to dismiss it unless someone can get a credible confirmation, but as it stands now it's only a theory.

“Others (terrorists) are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves….So, there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations…It’s real, and that’s the reason why we have to intensify our own (counterterrorism) efforts.”
~US Secretary of Defense William Cohen

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
Again, RT means tetweet. The person just coppied someone else's messsage or "tweet".

Oh... well... that makes since I guess... kinda like...

Tweet and ReTweet were siting on a fence,
Tweet fell off so who was left... Retweet...

Okay.

JTCoyoté

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims
may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under
robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.
The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity
may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us
for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so
with the approval of their own conscience.
"
~C.S. Lewis

Offline Seroquel XR

Magnitude   3.4
Date-Time   

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 04:45:26 UTC
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 12:45:26 AM at epicenter

Location   37.925°N, 77.994°W
Depth   4.9 km (3.0 miles)
Region   VIRGINIA
Distances   44 km (27 miles) ESE of Charlottesville, Virginia
59 km (36 miles) SW of Fredericksburg, Virginia
63 km (39 miles) NW of RICHMOND, Virginia
78 km (48 miles) NNE of Farmville, Virginia

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
Magnitude   3.4
Date-Time   

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 04:45:26 UTC
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 12:45:26 AM at epicenter

Location   37.925°N, 77.994°W
Depth   4.9 km (3.0 miles)
Region   VIRGINIA
Distances   44 km (27 miles) ESE of Charlottesville, Virginia
59 km (36 miles) SW of Fredericksburg, Virginia
63 km (39 miles) NW of RICHMOND, Virginia
78 km (48 miles) NNE of Farmville, Virginia

Okay, is anyone feeling these things... or have we a bunch of reports from folks like the guy on FAUX news in the baseball cap on 911 saying ,"...and the buildings just collapsed because the fires were too intense."

My point is are we subjects in an exercise or is this real... I was sitting in my Jeep quietly posting just as I am now 24 hours ago when the 5.3 hit 130 miles south west of here... I FELT NOTHING... yet I should have felt something... is this real or is this NWO bullshit.

JTCoyoté

"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power
any government has is the power to crack down on
criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals,
one makes them. One declares so many things to be
a crime that it becomes impossible to live without
breaking laws."
~Ayn Rand

Offline Seroquel XR

That 3.4 disappeared from the site lol.

The 5.9 earlier was real, I felt it all the way in NY.

Offline L2Design

• GOT GLOCK
    • Graphic Design/Printing
5.8 that doesnt get me out of bed.. im from california... woosies..

i bet its haarp.

keep your eye on: no one remembers there was a hurricane erin on 9/11 off nyc....

something wicked this way comes...

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
  • The banksters are steaming piles of dog shit!
    • GlobalGulag.com
Virginia Earthquake 2011: USGS Warns it May be a Foreshock

By IBTimes Staff Reporter | August 23, 2011 3:25 PM EDT

A 5.8 magnitude earthquake centered in Virginia rocked the Mid-Atlantic, sending shockwaves up and down the East Coast through Washington D.C., New York City, and up all the way to Concord, N.H., and Toronto, Canada.

According to the United States Geological Survey (USGS), the quake happened at 1:51 p.m. at a depth of 3.7 miles. The quake was centered 27 miles east of Charlottesville, Va., near the town of Mineral in Louisa County, Va.

The movement lasted for no more than 30 seconds.

Minutes after the quake, the director of the USGS, Marcia McNutt -- who watched objects falling from the shelves in her office -- cautioned that the shaking might not be over.

"What the concern is, of course, is that this is a foreshock. If it's a foreshock, then the worst is yet to come," McNutt told The Washington Post.

More: http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/202683/20110823/virginia-earthquake-5-8-richmond-washington-dc-new-york-city-nyc-toronto-charlottesville-louisa-coun.htm
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
http://newmadrid2011.org/
1811-1812 New Madrid Earthquakes Bicentennial

Several of the largest historical earthquakes to strike the continental United States occurred in the winter of 1811-1812 along the New Madrid Seismic Zone, which stretches from just west of Memphis, Tennessee into southern Illinois. These earthquakes produced at least three temblors between magnitude 7-8, and hundreds of aftershocks.

In 2011 and 2012, there will be events held throughout the central United States observing the 200th Anniversary of the great 1811 and 1812 New Madrid earthquakes that forever changed the mid-western landscape.

These quakes were felt across the U.S. and as far south as the Gulf of Mexico, and as far north as Canada.

Organizations from across the United States will participate in the bicentennial events, which range from conferences, workshops, public outreach events, multi-state earthquake exercises, field trips, and more.  Organizers of the New Madrid Bicentennial events (NMB) are already planning the following activities:

Official Bicentennial Kickoff - February 11, 2011
2011 Earthquake Awareness Month - Throughout February 2011
2011 Seismological Society of America Meeting - April 13-16, 2011
Great Central U.S. ShakeOut - April 28, 2011 @ 10:15a.m.
National Level Exercise (NLE2011) - May 16-20, 2011
2012 Earthquake Awareness Month - Throughout February 2012
2012 National Earthquake Conference - April 11-14, 2012
2012 EERI Annual Meeting- April 11-14, 2012
St. Jude Dream Home Partnership - April 2012

Offline ersatz protocol

via Discovery News: Virginia earthquake waves ripple across the US

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/08/23/virginia-earthquake-waves-ripple-across-the-us/

here's one of the colorado quake: http://www.iris.edu/spud/gmv/109963

Offline reddog801

• MOLON LABE!
    • Exposing America
Virginia earthquake caused by NUCLEAR DETONATION!!?!!
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2011, 06:53:14 am »
According to this report, it indeed was a nuclear detonation south of Washington DC.  Graphs to show the difference between a natural earthquake and a nuclear detonation induced earthquake.....OMG PEOPLE!

http://presscore.ca/2011/?p=4009

Posted by PC World news Wednesday, August 24th, 2011

Seismology charts are now revealing that the 5.8 magnitude tremor that rattled the entire East Coast including Washington DC was not a natural earthquake but an earthquake that resulted from an underground  nuclear detonation.  The image above is a seismograph from Washington and Lee University, (similar one found on www2.tricities.com website) about 85 miles southwest of the earthquake’s epicenter in Mineral.  The green lines indicates the tremor that was felt in Washington DC which caused damaged to the Washington Memorial and the Washington National Cathedral.  The black lines is a transparent overlay of a seismograph from a pdf file from Virginia Division Mineral Resources on Earthquakes.  That file describes a typical natural occurring earthquake as:

“When a fault ruptures, energy is released in the form of seismic waves. The first waves to reach the earth’s surface are primary or “P” waves (Figure 2). P waves are compressional waves that travel at a speed of about four miles per second near the surface – faster as depth increases. The next waves to reach the earth’s surface are secondary or “S” waves. S waves are shear waves that move at a speed of about 1.5 miles per second. P and S waves are body waves that travel through the earth much like sonar waves travel through water. Surface waves, which are slower than S waves, travel along the surface of the earth much like waves at the surface of the ocean. S waves and surface waves cause the most destruction at the earth’s surface.”

What is missing from the seismograph for the Washington DC area 5.8 magnitude earthquake are the primary or “P” waves.  All earthquakes that are the direct result of fault rupture have these primary or “P” waves.  Nuclear detonations do not.  Underground nuclear detonations are very violent and immediate with no forewarnings whatsoever. An underground detonation would account for the missing “P” seismic waves for the Washington DC 5.8 magnitude earthquake.  If you’ve ever witnessed a controlled demolition of a building you would no doubt describe the earth tremors as millions of people are now describing what it felt like on August 23, 2011 all along the East coast.

Air Force tunnel boring machine links deep underground military bases across U.S.

I was pointed to this overlooked piece of evidence by someone who claimed to be with the United States Air Force.  The story submission appeared to be sent by mistake as nothing was visible in the body of the submission.  Instead of sending it to the trash I thought I would apply an old intelligence trick I was taught back in 1989.  I right clicked my mouse on the body of the submission and selected all, then copy.  I then opened up the notepad and selected paste from the menu.   You would expect nothing to be pasted as there was nothing in the body of the submission but, just as I thought, a paragraph was pasted into the notepad.  What was revealed was 1 paragraph whereby who ever sent it stated he was a member of the United States Air Force.  He stated that the Virginia 5.8 magnitude earth “wasn’t a natural earthquake and not a HAARP earthquake”.  He told me to find a seismograph of the Washington DC area earthquake and compare it to a past earthquake.  Then he stated that I should Google DUMB or Deep Underground Military Bases.  He ended by stating “the ABC warnings are real”.  I tried to trace the IP of the submission but they don’t exists.

Based on the discrepancy between a natural earthquake and an underground nuclear detonation (used seismographs from the North Korea underground nuclear detonation and past U.S. underground nuclear tests), it would appear that yes there was an earthquake but an earthquake created as a result of an underground nuclear detonation.  It would also appear that the United States Air Force has intercepted a nuclear bomb that was being transported via the deep underground tunnel systems that links secret deep underground military bases across the United States, to Washington DC.  It would appear that some people in the United States Air Force are taking action to prevent another false flag attack on US soil.  It is good to know that there are still people in the United States military who are upholding their oath to defend the United States from all its enemies, both foreign and domestic.

U.S. military personnel, dedicated to protecting the United States, its people and the United States Constitution have intercepted CIA/MOSSAD nukes that were in transit from the CIA’s underground Denver base to Washington DC on August 23, 2011.  The CIA/MOSSAD were transporting the nukes underground in tunnels built by the United States Air Force that connects secret underground bases throughout the United States.  In case of a cataclysmic natural disaster or nuclear attack the United States government now has the means to go underground and stay underground for weeks, months, years or until such time as it is safe to return to the surface.  Those tunnels makes it possible for the president and a handful of others to escape Washington DC via underground to other parts of the country not affected by a natural cataclysmic disaster or nuclear attack.

The U.S. military allowed the nukes to be transported out of Denver (the CIA base is under Denver International Airport) to what they call safe areas.  Safe areas were preselected to minimize the damage and nuclear fallout should the people that were transferring the nukes prematurely detonated the nukes.  The two earthquakes that struck the U.S. yesterday August 23, 2011 were the result of the U.S. military efforts to prevent another false flag attack against the United States.  Thanks to those brave men and women those nukes were intercepted in scarcely populated remote areas.  The first interception took place outside of Trinidad and under a mountain and the second interception took place under farmland 84 miles SW of Washington DC.   No major damage has been reported above ground.
Eric
We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.  ~William Faulkner

Twitter: exposingamerika.
Exposing AmericaWebsite : http://exposingamerica.info

Offline amazon

Re: Virginia earthquake caused by NUCLEAR DETONATION!!?!!
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2011, 07:02:21 am »
Could this be the group that Dr Piecenick referred to
as patriots who will not tolerate
Obama & his cronies
pulling false flags on us citizens ?

Or is it Fulfords' "Crazy 888888888888" ninjas ?

OR the Chinese with a warning to pay our debts ?

Offline swain

« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2011, 07:11:04 am »
This is kinda the same as the post earlier, linking to Sorcha Faal.

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=215688.0

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1514.htm

It would be nice to get a Geiger reading from someone out that way.
Nothing I write has any relevance to anything and cannot be proven one way or another. If you're looking to point the finger, point it at AJ, it's his fault.

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
  • The banksters are steaming piles of dog shit!
    • GlobalGulag.com
4.5-Mag Aftershock Rumbles Overnight
The 5.8-magnitude earthquake Tuesday that shook people from Georgia to Canada has produced at least five aftershocks.
Thursday, Aug 25, 2011  |  Updated 8:47 AM EDT

The 5.8-magnitude earthquake Tuesday that shook people from Georgia to Canada has produced at least five aftershocks, including one at 1:07 a.m. Thursday that clocked in at a magnitude of 4.5 and woke up many people across the D.C. region.

The U.S. Geological Survey says the aftershocks around the central Virginia epicenter had ranged in magnitude from 4.5 to as little as 2.2 since the strongest earthquake to strike the East Coast since World War II.

The one that rumbled early Thursday with a magnitude 4.5 was 3.1 miles deep and was eight miles south of Mineral, Va. -- the site of the first, most-powerful 5.8-magnitude quake.

Amy Vaughan, a geophysicist with the National Earthquake Information Center in Colorado, says the number of aftershocks so far has been remarkably low.

More: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/DC-Aftershocks-Felt-in-Central-Va-128368668.html?dr
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
Its been an interesting month so far!

Offline The Way of Things

« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2011, 03:40:29 pm »

The above images are seismograph readings of the quake activity.  P-waves are identifiable in each of the readings. Your source sucks.

Offline reddog801

• MOLON LABE!
    • Exposing America
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2011, 03:43:26 pm »
Nice....

Can you say NOT A NATURAL EARTHQUAKE!?!!!!
Eric
We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.  ~William Faulkner

Twitter: exposingamerika.
Exposing AmericaWebsite : http://exposingamerica.info

Offline The Way of Things

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2011, 03:57:56 pm »
Nice....

Can you say NOT A NATURAL EARTHQUAKE!?!!!!

As I said, a P-wave interval can be seen on multiple seismographic readings for this quake. Your source is, to put it bluntly, making things up.  Furthermore, there is no reason why a detonation-induced earthquake CAN'T have an interval of P-waves. There are some other interesting phenomena that may or may not suggest that this was an artificially induced quake, but the absence or presence of P-waves is not one of them. And again...P-wave activity was captured. It might be prudent for you to 1) know what you are talking about before touching your keyboard, and 2) vet your sources. It takes a minimal amount of time and effort. Happy to help. I wish you much future success in your continued battle with laziness and gullibility.

Offline tritonman

« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2011, 04:01:17 pm »
This is kinda the same as the post earlier, linking to Sorcha Faal.

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=215688.0

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1514.htm

It would be nice to get a Geiger reading from someone out that way.
Perhaps this is where Sorcha Fail gets info from . ;D