Everything You Know Is Wrong - I was social-engineered

Author Topic: Everything You Know Is Wrong - I was social-engineered  (Read 73031 times)

Offline Juntawatch

• "This ain't Rock-n'-Roll;     This is Genocide."
Re: Everything You Know Is Wrong - I was social-engineered
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2013, 10:25:39 AM »

I was tentively going to reply to this one, then I read his/her's Avatar Signature and decided to say:

"Nobody knows everything".

If you beat yourself up a little less when you learn you've made a mistake, and be fair on yourself, you can be fairer on others?!
 If we hate our own failures and walk away from them in anger and frustration, which is pretty much inevitable unless we actively use our spirit in the process of forgiveness, then we only make things, in our heads, more vexed.

— Sincerely, and hard I know as it is, forgive yourself. I struggle with this, I really do.

And I say it in reflection looking back at my years.  Sometimes we have a choice to fight or to concede. Yet I don't believe attacking is always the best defence, at all !!!!

You can quote me on this. (sic)
"The Dog has returned to its own vomit, and the sow that was bathed to rolling in the mire."
2 Peter, 2:2.

'The Intellectual, the Plebitian & the Proletariat could be treated; just as wasps are treated.'
- Sanctimonious III. 1st Century.

Offline 37

• "The President of what?"
« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2013, 12:27:00 PM »
Douching: The myths and misconceptions
http://www.modernghana.com/lifestyle/5034/50/douching-the-myths-and-misconceptions.html

Hold on. Are you douching so you do not become pregnant after sex, or are you douching so you do not contract sexually transmitted disease after sex, or better still are you douching to get rid of that vaginal odour which you have not been able to tell a doctor about?  You are wasting your time, please.

It does not work as our grandmothers and mothers have made us believe, so stop douching and do the right thing. Health experts say douching is not effective for any of these purposes. They say all these are myths.

;)
"Whatever it is, I am against it."  -Groucho Marx

Channel 37
http://www.youtube.com/user/jmortimer37

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2014, 03:20:47 PM »

Interersting fact

Mother Teresa's reputation was the product of hype

Ref.

Academics suggest Christopher Hitchens called it right on Mother Teresa

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/iv-drip/academics-suggest-hitch-called-it-right-on-mother-teresa-8521363.html

05 March 2013 03:43 PM

Mother Teresa wasn't so very saintly, a new study reports.

Canadian academics trawled through 96 per cent of all originally researched literature on the Catholic icon and concluded that her reputation as one of the holiest women of the twentieth century was the product of hype.

Researchers allege missing funds for humanitarian work and homes for the poor that did not offer the medical care they required, leaving many to die.

Serge Larivée, a researcher from the University of Montreal, said: "Given the parsimonious management of Mother Theresa's works, one may ask where the millions of dollars for the poorest of the poor have gone?”

Christopher Hitchens is cited in the report and Hitch spoke out loudly against Mother Teresa in 2003. Here's a taste:
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/fighting_words/2003/10/mommie_dearest.html

"MT was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of compulsory reproduction.

"And she was a friend to the worst of the rich, taking misappropriated money from the atrocious Duvalier family in Haiti (whose rule she praised in return) and from Charles Keating of the Lincoln Savings and Loan. Where did that money, and all the other donations, go?

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline anonymousone

« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2014, 11:26:06 PM »
The fact is that we can't handle the truth, there are things if you where told the truth about you would shake your head, turn your shoulder, and yell that isn't true, so everyone of us ought to be careful of what we think is true, because it probably isn't.
yeah i tell people the real complete truth about the illuminati when i post and nowone motherf**king replies. i risked my god damn life to figure this shit out and tell everyone and its like nobody cares about the truth. like all that matters to ppl here is a witchhunt.
im scoring as many points in the universe cpu as i can. because i think life is a videogame

Online Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2014, 11:38:27 PM »
The fact is that we can't handle the truth, there are things if you where told the truth about you would shake your head, turn your shoulder, and yell that isn't true, so everyone of us ought to be careful of what we think is true, because it probably isn't.

That is right on!
What do you under-stand?

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2014, 07:01:18 AM »
Example 38

Modern man lives longer - the avarage age fallacy

The idea that our ancestors routinely died young has no basis in scientific fact!

Human Lifespans Nearly Constant for 2,000 Years

August 21, 2009

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, often the harbinger of bad news about e. coli outbreaks and swine flu, recently had some good news: The life expectancy of Americans is higher than ever, at almost 78.

Discussions about life expectancy often involve how it has improved over time. According to the National Center for Health Statistics, life expectancy for men in 1907 was 45.6 years; by 1957 it rose to 66.4; in 2007 it reached 75.5. Unlike the most recent increase in life expectancy (which was attributable largely to a decline in half of the leading causes of death including heart disease, homicide, and influenza), the increase in life expectancy between 1907 and 2007 was largely due to a decreasing infant mortality rate, which was 9.99 percent in 1907; 2.63 percent in 1957; and 0.68 percent in 2007.

But the inclusion of infant mortality rates in calculating life expectancy creates the mistaken impression that earlier generations died at a young age; Americans were not dying en masse at the age of 46 in 1907. The fact is that the maximum human lifespan — a concept often confused with "life expectancy" — has remained more or less the same for thousands of years. The idea that our ancestors routinely died young (say, at age 40) has no basis in scientific fact.

http://www.livescience.com/10569-human-lifespans-constant-2-000-years.html

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

Online Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2014, 07:16:54 AM »

Can help say it but: right on!
What do you under-stand?

Online Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2014, 07:23:28 AM »
Interersting fact

Mother Teresa's reputation was the product of hype

Ref.

Academics suggest Christopher Hitchens called it right on Mother Teresa

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/iv-drip/academics-suggest-hitch-called-it-right-on-mother-teresa-8521363.html

05 March 2013 03:43 PM

Mother Teresa wasn't so very saintly, a new study reports.

Canadian academics trawled through 96 per cent of all originally researched literature on the Catholic icon and concluded that her reputation as one of the holiest women of the twentieth century was the product of hype.

Researchers allege missing funds for humanitarian work and homes for the poor that did not offer the medical care they required, leaving many to die.

Serge Larivée, a researcher from the University of Montreal, said: "Given the parsimonious management of Mother Theresa's works, one may ask where the millions of dollars for the poorest of the poor have gone?”

Christopher Hitchens is cited in the report and Hitch spoke out loudly against Mother Teresa in 2003. Here's a taste:
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/fighting_words/2003/10/mommie_dearest.html

"MT was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of compulsory reproduction.

"And she was a friend to the worst of the rich, taking misappropriated money from the atrocious Duvalier family in Haiti (whose rule she praised in return) and from Charles Keating of the Lincoln Savings and Loan. Where did that money, and all the other donations, go?

Yea, tell someone that, tell someone Billy Graham is just a shill to undermine true Christianity see how that work, everything is a hoax.
What do you under-stand?

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #128 on: October 02, 2014, 08:32:15 AM »
Yea, tell someone that, tell someone Billy Graham is just a shill to undermine true Christianity see how that work, everything is a hoax.

Our late friend Dr Stan Montieth said it best when he opened his show every day:

Dr. Stan: Well this is Dr. Stan here at Radio Liberty coming from the hills overlooking beautiful and picturesque Monterey Bay and bringing you the news behind the news, the story behind the story, hoping to convince you that reality is usually scoffed at. Illusion is usually king, but in the battle for survival of Western civilization, it’s going to be reality, not illusion or delusion that will determine what the future will bring.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Online Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
« Reply #129 on: October 02, 2014, 09:40:39 AM »
Our late friend Dr Stan Montieth said it best when he opened his show every day:

Dr. Stan: Well this is Dr. Stan here at Radio Liberty coming from the hills overlooking beautiful and picturesque Monterey Bay and bringing you the news behind the news, the story behind the story, hoping to convince you that reality is usually scoffed at. Illusion is usually king, but in the battle for survival of Western civilization, it’s going to be reality, not illusion or delusion that will determine what the future will bring.

TRULY; the battle is for reality!
What do you under-stand?

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2014, 06:38:27 PM »
Supplement. Dunno if it’s true or not. But it wouldn’t surprise me if it was. I DO know that the number one cause of all human misery, poverty, and suffering is …. GLOBAL LYING.

Physics Debunked

Thank you for your post. That brings up a very interesting point that I had been meaning to address.

Example 39

Science as a Public Good - Science as preached and practiced by the established higher educational institutions, corporate funded think tanks, and comercial businesses produces scientific data that is biased at best and deliberatly false at worst.

The questionalable credibility of the Peer Review System

Experimental error and lack of reproducibility have dogged scientific research for decades. Of even greater concern are proliferating cases of outright fraud.

Medicine and the social sciences are particularly prone to bias, because the observer (presumably a white-coated scientist) cannot so easily be completely removed from his or her subject.

Double-blind tests (where neither the tester and the subject know for sure whether the test is real or just a control) are now required for many experiments and trials in both fields.

The Myth of Science as a Public Good (by Terence Kealey)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_PVI6V6o-4

Vice Chancellor of the University of Buckingham (Britain's only independent university), Terence Kealey is a vocal critic of government funding of science. His first book, 'The Economic Laws of Scientific Research,' argues that state funding of science is neither necessary nor beneficial, a thesis that he developed in his recently published analysis of the causes scientific progress, 'Sex, Science and Profits.' In it, he makes the stronger claim that not only is government funding not beneficial, but in fact measurably obstructs scientific progress, whilst presenting an alternative, methodologically-individualist understanding of 'invisible colleges' within which science resembles a private, not a public, good.

Recorded at Christ Church, University of Oxford, on 22nd May 2009.

Ref.

For Science's Gatekeepers, a Credibility Gap (2006)
By LAWRENCE K. ALTMAN, M.D.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/02/health/02docs.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
Recent disclosures of fraudulent or flawed studies in medical and scientific journals have called into question as never before the merits of their peer-review system.

Impartial judgment by the "gatekeepers" of science: fallibility and accountability in the peer review process.
Hojat M, Gonnella JS, Caelleigh AS.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12652170

Misconduct in science communication and the role of editors as science gatekeepers
https://vimeo.com/86692444

Science Journal Pulls 60 Papers in Peer-Review Fraud
By HENRY FOUNTAINJULY 10, 2014
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/11/science/science-journal-pulls-60-papers-in-peer-review-fraud.html

Report finds massive fraud at Dutch universities
http://www.nature.com/news/2011/111101/full/479015a.html

Scientific fraud, sloppy science – yes, they happen
http://theconversation.com/scientific-fraud-sloppy-science-yes-they-happen-13948

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #131 on: November 29, 2014, 01:33:01 AM »

Example 40

The Black [Bubonic] Plague (1334 - 1348) was probably not a bacterial plague. It was most likley a hemorrhagic plague.

Researchers Argue 'Black Death' Was Due To Ebola, Not Bubonic Plague

A new book titled Biology of Plagues: Evidence from Historical Populations, argues that the "Black Death" may not have been caused by the bubonic plague, as history textbooks would suggest, but rather, an Ebola-like [hemorrhagic] virus.

The authors, Christopher Duncan and Susan Scott of the University of Liverpool, claim that the bubonic plague could not have spread across Europe at the rate in which the Black Death did.

Duncan says, "If you look at the way it spreads, it was spreading at a rate of around 30 miles in two to three days. Bubonic plague moves at a pace of around 100 yards a year."

Duncan and Scott also analyzed the symptoms described in historical texts. Autopsy reports detail the internal organs of victims having had dissolved along with the appearance of black liquid. The liquidization of internal organs is a trademark of the Ebola virus and causes its victims tremendous pain.

The oozing lymph nodes that so notoriously accompanied the Black Death could also be symptomatic of an Ebola-like virus. In both cases, hemorrhagic fevers come on fast and causes blood vessels to burst underneath the skin. This is what brings out the welts, or "buboes" as they were called during the time of the Black Death.

The authors also noted that efforts to quarantine the Black Death were successful - something that would not had been possible had the disease been transmitted by rats, as history has suggested, since rats do not observe quarantines.

But not everyone is convinced. Ann Carmichael, a historian and expert on the Black Plague says, "It is problematic to assimilate evidence over four centuries and draw conclusive theories," she says, "We must look at it on a plague-by-plague basis."

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/18109/20140818/researchers-argue-black-death-due-ebola-bubonic-plague.htm

Molecular Clues Hint at What Really Caused the Black Death

http://www.livescience.com/15937-black-death-plague-debate.html

The Black Death arrived in London in the fall of 1348, and although the worst passed in less than a year, the disease took a catastrophic toll. An emergency cemetery in East Smithfield received more than 200 bodies a day between the following February and April, in addition to bodies buried in other graveyards, according to a report from the time.

The disease that killed Londoners buried in East Smithfield and at least one of three Europeans within a few years time is commonly believed to be bubonic plague, a bacterial infection marked by painful, feverish, swollen lymph nodes, called buboes. Plague is still with us in many parts of the world, although now antibiotics can halt its course.  [Pictures of A Killer: A Plague Gallery]

But did this disease really cause the Black Death? The story behind this near-apocalypse in 14th century Europe is not clear-cut, since what we know about modern plague in many ways does not match with what we know about the Black Death. And if plague isn't responsible for the Black Death, scientists wonder what could've caused the sweeping massacre and whether that killer is still lurking somewhere.

Now, a new study using bone and teeth taken from East Smithfield adds to mounting evidence exhumed from Black Death graves and tantalizes skeptics with hints at the true nature of the disease that wiped out more than a third of Europeans 650 years ago.

This team of researchers approached the topic with open minds when they began looking for genetic evidence of the killer. 

"Essentially by looking at the literature on the Black Death there were several candidates for what could have been the cause," said Sharon DeWitte, one of the researchers who is now an assistant professor of anthropology at the University of South Carolina.

Their first suspect: Yersinia pestis, the bacterium that causes modern plague, including bubonic plague.

The speed of plague

In 1894, Alexander Yersin and another scientist separately identified Y. pestis during an epidemic in Hong Kong. Years later the bacterium was given his name. Yersin also connected his discovery to the pestilence that swept Europe during the Black Death, an association that has stuck.

One problem, however, is that compared to the wildfire-like spread of the Black Death, the modern plague moves more leisurely. The modern plague pandemic began in the Yunnan Province of China in the mid-19th century, then spread to Hong Kong and then via ship, to India, where it exacted the heaviest toll, and to San Francisco in 1899, among many other places.

The disease that caused the Black Death is believed to have traveled much quicker, arriving in Europe from Asia in 1347, after the Golden Horde, a Mongol Army, catapulted plague-infected bodies into a Genoese settlement near the Black Sea. The disease traveled with the Italian traders and later appeared in Sicily, according to Samuel Cohn, a professor of medieval history at the University of Glasglow and author of "The Black Death Transformed: Disease and Culture in the Early Renaissance Europe" (Bloomsbury USA, 2003).

By about 1352, roughly five years after arriving in Europe, it had not only spread across the continent, the worst of the disease had already run its course.

This wave of devastation becomes particularly surprising considering the complicated and time-consuming process by which plague has been thought to spread. You can't catch bubonic plague from another person; instead, the process involves two classic villains: rats and fleas.

Once a flea bites a rat infected with plague, the pathogen Y. pestis grows in its gut. After about two weeks, the bacteria block the valve that opens into the flea's stomach. The starving flea then bites its host, by now probably a new, healthy rat or a person, more aggressively in an attempt to feed. All the while, the flea tries to clear out the bacterial obstruction and so regurgitates the pathogen onto the bite wounds, according to Ken Gage, chief of flea-borne disease activity with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 

The bulk of cases during the modern plague pandemic are believed to have been spread by rats and their fleas, according to Gage. The last rat-borne plague epidemic in the U.S. occurred in 1925; wild rodents have since become the primary source for infections. However, rat-associated outbreaks continue to occur in developing countries, according to the CDC.

Fast, furious and unfamiliar

Not only has the disease slowed down, it also seems to have become more restrained. The Black Death wiped out at least 30 percent of Europe's population at the time. But the peak of the modern pandemic, in India, killed less than 2 percent of the population, DeWitte has calculated from census data.

The list of discrepancies goes on: There is evidence the Black Death spread directly between humans — no rats and their fleas involved — and to areas where rats and their fleas didn't even live. In fact, archaeological and documentary evidence indicates rats were scarce during the mid-14th century.

What's more, bubonic plague doubters point out, deaths during the Black Death appear to have followed a different seasonal cycle than plague deaths in modern times. Some also point to discrepancies in the symptoms.

Alternative theories

With the plague's role called into question, other theories have been offered to fill the gap.

"There is a lot of evidence that suggests that Yersinia pestis may not have been the causative agent for the Black Death, and it was likely something else, and something else that is out there right now," said Brian Bossak, an environmental health scientist at Georgia Southern University.

He is among those who suspect a hemorrhagic virus — which causes bleeding and fever, like ebola — swept through 14th-century Europe. The high lethality, rapid transmission and periodic resurgences seen in the Black Death are characteristic of a virus, according to Bossak, who frames this as a question in urgent need of resolution.

"Who knows if it won't happen again," he said. "It seems like every so often some disease comes out of nowhere."

Two other proponents of the virus theory, Susan Scott and Christopher Duncan of the University of Liverpool in the United Kingdom, have pointed to a possible genetic legacy left by a viral Black Death: a mutation, known as CCR5-delta32, found among Europeans, particularly those in the north. This mutation confers resistance against HIV, another virus, but does not prevent plague. It's possible that by passing over those with this mutation, the Black Death selected for this change in the genetic code, making it more common among Europeans, they argue.

To at least some degree, an alternative form of plague, pneumonic plague, offers a solution. While bubonic is the most common form of plague, plague can also infect the lungs, causing high fever, cough, bloody sputum and chills. This infection can spread person-to-person, and without antibiotic treatment it is nearly 100 percent fatal. Outbreaks have occurred in modern times, and it can develop as a result of a bubonic infection. But, it is unclear how much of a role it played in the Black Death — some evidence suggests it is not as contagious as commonly thought. 

Rats and fleas

The Black Death just doesn't appear to have behaved the way the typical, modern rat-associated plague does, according to Gage, the flea expert. Even so, he says he is convinced that bubonic plague was responsible.

A group of French researchers found another possible insect carrier for the Black Death: lice. They were able to transmit fatal plague infections from sick rabbits to healthy ones via human body lice that fed on the rabbits. Substitute humans for bunnies, and this scenario offers a simpler, more cold-climate-friendly explanation than the conventional rat-flea model.

But fleas aren't out of the picture yet. Gage and his colleagues have found that many species of flea — including the Oriental rat flea, a widespread and important spreader of plague — can begin transmitting the infection much sooner than thought, before the bacterium blocks off its stomach. This supports the idea that a species of human-inhabiting fleas, whose guts the bacterium can't block well, could have spread the infection from person to person in areas without rats, Gage said. [10 Deadly Diseases That Hopped Across Species]

Plague isn't picky about its warm-blooded victims; it can infect almost any mammal, although some, like humans, cats and rats, become severely ill when infected, according to Gage. The lack of records of massive rat die-offs during the Black Death also calls into question the role rats may have played then.

CSI: Black Death

Plague kills quickly and does not leave marks on the remains that archeologists are digging up centuries later. But in recent years scientists have begun searching for the  molecular clues in the remains of the dead, including DNA left by the killer bacterium.

While a number of studies have turned up positive results from graves believed to hold European plague victims, the results haven't always been clear-cut. For instance, a 2004 study of remains in five burial sites, including East Smithfield, was unable to find any evidence of the bacteria.

Looking for evidence of the genetic traces of a pathogen within 650-year-old bones is a challenging proposition, according to Hendrik Poinar, an evolutionary geneticist at McMaster University who worked with DeWitte, then at the University of Albany, on the most recent study. After so many years in the ground, the DNA is damaged and  present only in tiny fragments, and, what's more, each sample contains only a miniscule amount of the pathogen — the rest belongs to the person and interlopers like soil bacteria, fungi, insects, even animals.

"You have to come up with a way to pull out the things of interest," Poinar said. So, after screening to detect the presence of Yersinia pestis in the 109 samples from the cemetery in East Smithfield, his lab employed a sort of sensitive fishing technique, using tiny segments of DNA that matched up with segments from a ring of DNA, called a plasmid, found in the bacterium.

Once they had retrieved this DNA, they assembled the full plasmid and compared it with modern versions of the bug. They found this plasmid matched many of the modern versions. They also sequenced a short section of DNA from the bacterium's nucleus and revealed three small changes unseen in the modern strains.   

The results prove that a variant of Yersinia pestis infected the victims of the Black Death, the authors write in a recent issue of the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Same bug, different disease?

This finding comes about a year after another genetic study, led by Stephanie Haensch of Johannes Gutenberg University in Germany, found evidence of two previously unknown strains of Yersinia pestis in the remains of European victims, and hints at a solution that could allow both sides to be right.

"People have always assumed the two diseases were the same," said Cohn, the medieval historian, referring to modern plague and the Black Death. "Even if it is the same pathogen, the diseases are very different."

Bossak, who has questioned the role of plague in the Black Death, agrees.

"This new (study) seems to support these earlier claims, and reinforces the notion that what we know of the epidemiology in modern Y. pestis plague may not fit the Black Death, perhaps because these ancient strains of Y. pestis are no longer present (assuming Y. pestis was indeed the causative agent)," he wrote in an email.

However, Poinar is more cautious. Although they had hoped to find changes that explained why the pathogen might have become less aggressive over the centuries, none have turned up so far. In fact, it's too early to say the changes detected represent any significant difference between the modern and ancient versions of the bacterium, according to him.

"We need the entire genome to say anything about this," Poinar wrote in an email, "and that is for future work."   

Ref.

Definition: hemorrhagic plague (The hemorrhagic form of bubonic plague.)
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/hemorrhagic+plague

What caused the Black Death?
Duncan CJ, Scott S.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15879045

New Theories Link Black Death to Ebola-Like Virus
By MARK DERR New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/02/science/new-theories-link-black-death-to-ebola-like-virus.html

How the Black Death Worked
by Molly Edmonds
http://history.howstuffworks.com/historical-events/black-death5.htm

Did Yersinia pestis really cause Black Plague? Part 1: Objections to Y. pestis causation
http://scienceblogs.com/aetiology/2008/01/16/did-yersinia-pestis-really-cau/

On the trail of the Black Death
By Peter Lavelle
http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2004/01/22/2857189.htm

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #132 on: December 24, 2014, 06:08:44 PM »
Example 41

The world map we commonly use is distorted, incorrect and 500 years old.

The Mercator projection (above in blue) is a cylindrical map projection presented by the Flemish geographer and cartographer Gerardus Mercator in 1569. It became the standard map projection for nautical purposes because of its ability to represent lines of constant course, known as rhumb lines or loxodromes, as straight segments which conserve the angles with the meridians. While the linear scale is equal in all directions around any point, thus preserving the angles and the shapes of small objects (which makes the projection conformal), the Mercator projection distorts the size and shape of large objects, as the scale increases from the Equator to the poles, where it becomes infinite.

VIDEO - http://youtu.be/vVX-PrBRtTY

The Gall–Peters projection (above in green), named after James Gall and Arno Peters, is one specialization of a configurable equal-area map projection known as the equal-area cylindric or cylindrical equal-area projection. It achieved considerable notoriety in the late 20th century as the centerpiece of a controversy surrounding the political implications of map design.

The Peters Projection World Map is one of the most stimulating, and controversial, images of the world. When this map was first introduced by historian and cartographer Dr. Arno Peters at a Press Conference in Germany in 1974 it generated a firestorm of debate. The first English-version of the map was published in 1983, and it continues to have passionate fans as well as staunch detractors.

The earth is round. The challenge of any world map is to represent a round earth on a flat surface. There are literally thousands of map projections. Each has certain strengths and corresponding weaknesses. Choosing among them is an exercise in values clarification: you have to decide what's important to you. That is generally determined by the way you intend to use the map. The Peters Projection is an area accurate map.

Maps based on the projection are promoted by UNESCO, and they are also widely used by British schools.

FACTS:

Mexico - Larger than Alaska by 100,000 square miles
Africa - 14 times larger than Greenland
South America - double the size of Europe
Germany - Is located in the northern most quarter of the earth

Ref.

We have been misled by a flawed world map for 500 years
http://livelearnevolve.com/peters-projection-world-map/

What does the world really look like?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeZfIul6Fbw

~Aldous Huxley

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #133 on: December 24, 2014, 08:01:54 PM »
^^^^^
  Interesting research.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline Dude447

« Reply #134 on: December 24, 2014, 08:17:18 PM »
Just trying to work out which bit  G Bush jnr thought the map was the right way up

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2015, 04:46:21 AM »

Supplement:

13 Things You Think Are True, But Aren't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA-fc3D09ZY&spfreload=10

• Napolian was short
  • Humans use only 10% of their brain
  • Cow tipping is real
  • Touching a baby bird is bad
  • Washington's wooden teeth
  • 8 glasses of water a day
  • If asked police must tell you who they are
  • Viking helmets had horns
  • The Iron Maiden was a torture device
  • Invention of peanut butter
  • Invention of the toilet
  • Invention of the internet
  • Einstein failed math
  • Great wall of China is viable from space
  • You would explode in the vacuum of space

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2015, 06:11:54 PM »

Example 42

Myth: There are fewer slaves now than in the past.

Truth: There Are More Slaves Today Than at Any Time in Human History.

Although slavery is illegal in every country in the modern world, it still exists, and even on the narrowest definition of slavery it's likely that there are far more slaves now than there were victims of the Atlantic slave trade.

The last country to abolish slavery was the African state of Mauritania, where a 1981 presidential decree abolished the practice; however, no criminal laws were passed to enforce the ban. In August 2007 Mauritania's parliament passed legislation making the practice of slavery punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

One hundred forty-three years after passage of the 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and 60 years after Article 4 of the U.N.'s Universal Declaration of Human Rights banned slavery and the slave trade worldwide, there are more slaves than at any time in human history...27 million!

Today’s slavery focuses on big profits and cheap lives. It is not about owning people like before, but about using them as completely disposable tools for making money.

During the four years that Benjamin Skinner researched modern-day slavery, he posed as a buyer at illegal brothels on several continents, interviewed convicted human traffickers in a Romanian prison and endured giardia, malaria, dengue and a bad motorcycle accident.

But Skinner is most haunted by his experience in a brothel in Bucharest, Romania, where he was offered a young woman with Down syndrome in exchange for a used car.

The institution of slavery is as old as civilization. Many nations and empires were built by the toil and suffering of slaves.

But what kinds of people were enslaved, and why? In ancient civilizations, slaves were usually war captives. The victors in battle might enslave the losers rather than killing them. Over time, people have found other reasons to justify slavery. Slaves were usually considered somehow different than their owners. They might belong to a different race, religion, nationality, or ethnic background. By focusing on such differences, slave owners felt they could deny basic human rights to their slaves.

And despite many efforts to end slavery, it still exists today. Some 27 million people worldwide are enslaved or work as forced laborers. That's more people than at any other point in the history of the world.

Cheap, Disposable People

An average slave in the American South in 1850 cost the equivalent of $40,000 in today’s money; today a slave costs an average of $90.

In 1850 it was difficult to capture a slave and then transport them to the US. Today, millions of economically and socially vulnerable people around the world are potential slaves.

This “supply” makes slaves today cheaper than they have ever been. Since they are so cheap, slaves are today are not considered a major investment worth maintaining. If slaves get sick, are injured, outlive their usefulness, or become troublesome to the slaveholder, they are dumped or killed. For most slave holders, actually legally ‘owning’ the slave is an inconvenience since they already exert total control over the individuals labor and profits. Who needs a legal document that could at some point be used against the slave holder? Today the slave holder cares more about these high profits than whether the holder and slave are of different ethnic backgrounds; in New Slavery, profit trumps skin color. Finally, new slavery is directly connected to the global economy. As in the past, most slaves are forced to work in agriculture, mining, and prostitution. From these sectors, their exploited labor flows into the global economy, and into our lives.

Ref.

BBC Modern slavery
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/slavery/modern/modern_1.shtml

There Are More Slaves Today Than at Any Time in Human History
http://www.alternet.org/civil-liberties/there-are-more-slaves-today-any-time-human-history

Understanding Slavery
http://school.discoveryeducation.com/schooladventures/slavery/world.html

SLAVERY TODAY
https://www.freetheslaves.net/page.aspx?pid=301

Modern Slavery: The Secret World of 27 Million People
Publisher: Oneworld Publications; 1 edition (June 1, 2009), ISBN-10: 185168641X, ISBN-13: 978-1851686414

Slavery Affects 27 Million Lives Today: Legal Abolition vs. Effective Emancipation
http://activehistory.ca/2011/01/slavery-affects-27-million-lives-today-legal-abolition-vs-effective-emancipation/

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2015, 05:37:39 AM »
Example 43

Myth: Too much sun exposure causes skin cancer

Truth: The Sun Has Never Been Directly Linked to a single Skin Cancer Case

Whether we have fair skin or dark skin, thinking about how much sun exposure we get is a good idea because we don’t want to burn or get heat stroke. But another side effect that often is brought up with sun exposure is skin cancer. Does the sun cause skin cancer?

The sun is the giver of life on this planet, there is no doubting that. But is it dangerous to our health? What may be surprising right off the top is that up until the time of writing this the sun has never ever been linked to solely causing skin cancer. All medical and governmental reports regarding patients with skin cancer have never been linked to the sun being the main cause. There have been suggestions that it may have played a role, but results are flimsy due to the lack of evidence.

This myth was created and brought forward by the sunscreen industry, dermatologists and the cancer industry. Like with many other mainstream medical conditions, unfortunately people who do get skin cancers are often just thrown into the category of having got it from sun exposure without ever really being looked at as to why they got it. This has been an issue the medical field has not looked at greatly when it comes to various diseases because it often requires much time and testing with specific patients to really determine the causes.

We hear it everywhere that if you go out in the sun without sunscreen you have a higher risk of getting skin cancer because of harmful UV rays. To more accurately put it, you do not get skin cancer from the sun you get skin cancer because you are not properly nourished and are often exposed to other chemicals that are linked to cancer. The National Academy of Sciences published a review stating that the Omega 6:3 ratio is the key to preventing skin cancers.

“Epidemiological, experimental, and mechanistic data implicate omega-6 fat as stimulators and long-chain omega-3 fats as inhibitors of development and progression of a range of human   cancers, including melanoma.”

Interestingly, when we look at products we use daily that contain known cancer causing agents, we find that the likelihood our skin cancers are linked to these products is much higher than it being linked to the sun. However, these products are overlooked and the immediate blame is put on the sun. A problem that has become a matter of public belief based on nothing but opinion and propaganda created amongst several industries.

Here are a list of some popular products used daily that are linked to causing skin cancer:

Processed foods
    Pharmaceutical drugs & prescriptions
    Most Shampoos & Conditioners
    Many health & beauty products (creams, lotions, makeup)
    Tap water (chlorine, fluoride)
    Most deodorant & cologne
    Ink (computers, newspapers, magazines, fliers)
    Cleaning supplies
    Chemical fertilizers (used on most commercial produce)
    Cigarettes
    Pesticides & herbicides (found on non organic foods)
    Hair dye
    Oil products
    Most plastics
    Fluorescent light bulbs (energy efficient bulbs)

I think that we often forget to look at the obvious when we look at things in this world. When we step back and think about it, how can the one thing that gives life to everything on this planet be so harmful to you? Yet here we are as a community stating that every time we get skin cancer is most likely was caused by over sun exposure. But everyday we were using chemicals that had a much much higher chance of creating skin cancer within the body.

We have been heavily trained to use protective products on our skin when we go out in the sun. We all know these products as sunscreens. The fact is, these “protective” agents are actually accelerating the creation of cancer within our bodies because they are toxic chemicals.

Researchers at the Environmental Working Group, a Washington-based nonprofit, released a report confirming nearly half of the 500 most popular sunscreen products actually increase the speed at which malignant cells develop and spread skin cancer because they contain vitamin A and its derivatives, retinol and retinyl palmitate. These substances have been known to be cancer causing and toxic for years by the FDA but they simply have not taken any action in notifying the public of the dangers.

We must also look at the vitamin D factor here. We all have been told the sun provides vitamin D for us as it is absorbed through the skin. This is true. However, if you are wearing sunscreen, you body is unable to take in any vitamin D. How many times have you gone out in the sun to get some fresh air and an intake of vitamin D and put on sunscreen? For many people, it is probably most of the time. This process increases the risk of cancer not just because a cancer causing chemical is being applied to the skin, but because vitamin D is responsible for the decrease of 4 out of 5 cancers of every kind as well, as many other diseases when levels are properly maintained in the body.

So if you are the type of person that spends a lot of time in the sun and wants to avoid burning the skin, you have many of simple options that will not cause you any harm. First off, nourish your body and skin by having the proper vitamins and antioxidants. If you are deficient in antioxidants and vitamin B, you are much more likely to get a sun burn as your skin is not healthy enough to take in the UV rays properly. Those with darker skin are able to have their skin act as a built in sunscreen which means they will have a much harder time getting burnt. When out in the sun, limit your exposure to smaller increments to build your skins health up. Always use sunscreen as a last resort when out in the sun for a long time. When shopping for sunscreens be sure to read the labels and avoid buying sunscreens loaded with toxic chemicals. Look our for oxybenzone and retinyl palmitate. It may be tough to find but a trip to a natural health store can often do the trick. Look for sunscreens that contain zinc and titanium minerals as opposed to toxic chemicals as listed above. Only use sunscreens when absolutely necessary!

Ref.

Melanoma epidemic: a midsummer night’s dream?
    N.J. Levell1,
    C.C. Beattie2,
    S. Shuster1 and
    D.C. Greenberg2

Article first published online: 9 JUN 2009
DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2133.2009.09299.x

Medical Records State: The Sun Has Never Been Directly Linked to Skin Cancer Case December 18, 2011 by Joe Martino
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2011/12/18/the-sun-cancer-myth-the-sun-causes-skin-cancer/

Sunlight alone does not cause skin cancer: The truth you've never been told
Aticle - http://www.naturalnews.com/029146_sun_exposure_skin_cancer.html#ixzz3P41v4xBw
Video - http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=5A62FC73922FD51A88E62E42C5A0AD5E

Sunlight Does Not Cause Skin Cancer - Dr. Michael Teplitsky MD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6pgjlcWmEQ

Sunscreen Causes, Not Prevents Skin Cancer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rym0ZcdI5c&spfreload=10

Myth: Sunlight Causes Skin Cancer
http://www.canhealyourself.com/Myth_Sunlight_Causes_Cancer.htm

Scientists Blow The Lid on Cancer & Sunscreen Myth
http://theunboundedspirit.com/scientists-blow-the-lid-on-cancer-sunscreen-myth/

Don't let the phoney melanoma scare keep you out of the sun
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/jul/21/melanoma-myth-skin-cancer-sun

THE DANGERS OF TOXIC SUNSCREENS REVEALED!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrgdJNwkYvs
Published on Jun 25, 2016
Dr. Group joins the Show to talk about the dangers of toxic Sunscreens.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline 37

• "The President of what?"
« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2015, 12:44:02 PM »
Sunscreen is a pet peeve of mine...such an obvious scam when you really think about it.
"Whatever it is, I am against it."  -Groucho Marx

Channel 37
http://www.youtube.com/user/jmortimer37

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2015, 06:51:10 PM »
Example 44

Common knowlege: There are 3 blood types A, B, O, with Rh and positive/negative subtypes

Truth: Actually there are more than 30 different blood group systems and over 100 blood subtypes within the ABO system alone

The number of blood types there are depend on the blood group system you use.

There are a number of different blood group systems, with the International Society of Blood Transfusion recognizing up to 30 major group systems. The two main blood group systems are ABO antigens and RhD (Rhesus) antigens. Most antigens are protein molecules that are situated on the surface of the red blood cells, it is with these two antigens that blood types are classified.

Researchers at the University of Vermont have discovered two new proteins on red blood cells that confirm the testable existence of two new blood types. It's an important discovery, one that'll greatly reduce the risk of incompatible blood transfusions among tens of thousands of people. But what we were more struck by in this press release was the fact that these two new blood types - named Junior and Langereis - bring the total number of recognized blood types up to 32. 32!

Turns out there's much more than just A, B, AB, and O: there are now 28 other, rarer types, often named after the person in whom they were discovered. These rarer types are identified by the presence of a particular group of antigens (substances that tell your immune system to send out antibodies), and many, like the Kell and MNS blood types, can actually be concurrent with more common blood types like A or O.
http://www.popsci.com.au/science/there-are-way-more-blood-types-than-you-think,377209

Background
Your blood is typed, or classified, according to the presence or absence of certain markers (antigens) found on red blood cells and in the plasma that allow your body to recognize blood as its own.

The ABO system consists of A, B, AB, and O blood types. People with type A have antibodies in the blood against type B. People with type B have antibodies in the blood against type A. People with AB have no anti-A or anti-B antibodies. People with type O have both anti-A and anti-B antibodies. People with type AB blood are called universal recipients, because they can receive any of the ABO types. People with type O blood are called universal donors, because their blood can be given to people with any of the ABO types.

There are over 100 other blood subtypes. Most have little or no effect on blood transfusions, but a few of them may be the main causes of mild transfusion reactions. Mild transfusion reactions are frightening, but they are rarely life-threatening when treated quickly.

Mild hemolytic transfusion reactions can happen when there is a mismatch of one of the more than 100 minor blood types. Most of the time, these reactions to the minor blood types are less serious than a mismatch of the ABO or Rh blood types.

Ref.

Your Blood Type is a Lot More Complicated Than You Think
Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/your-blood-type-lot-more-complicated-you-think-180951669/#WBXsgQuQaUYEM6tZ.99

Blood Group Terminology
http://www.isbtweb.org/working-parties/red-cell-immunogenetics-and-blood-group-terminology/blood-group-terminology/

Discovering new blood groups
http://mosaicscience.com/extra/discovering-new-blood-groups

Blood Types by Country
http://www.robslink.com/SAS/democd74/blood_type_map.htm

~Aldous Huxley

EvadingGrid

« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2015, 08:38:56 AM »
bump

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2015, 05:18:57 PM »
Interesting fact

The seventy-five richest people in history.

Do you know what’s interesting about that list? Of the 75 names, an astonishing 14 are Americans born within nine years of each other in the mid 19th century. Think about that for a moment. Historians start with Cleopatra and the Pharaohs and comb through every year in human history ever since, looking in every corner of the world for evidence of extraordinary wealth, and almost 20 percent of the names they end up with come from a single generation in a single country.

Here’s the list:

01. John Rockefeller, 1839.
02. Andrew Carnegie, 1835.
28.Frederick Weyerhaeuser, 1834.
33. Jay Gould, 1836.
34. Marshall Field, 1834.
35. George Baker, 1840.
36. Hetty Green, 1834.
44. James G. Fair, 1831.
54. Henry H. Rogers, 1840.
57. J.P. Morgan, 1837.
58. Oliver Payne, 1839.
62. George Pullman, 1831.
64. Peter Widener, 1834.
65. Philip Armor, 1832.

What’s going on here? The answer is obvious, if you think about it. In the 1860′s and 1870′s, the American economy went through perhaps the greatest transformation in its history. This was when the railways were built, and when Wall Street emerged. It was when industrial manufacturing started in earnest. It was when all the rules by which the traditional economy functioned were broken and remade. What that list says is that it really matters how old you were when that transformation happened.

If you were born in the late 1840′s, you missed it. You were too young to take advantage of that moment. If you were born in the 1820′s, you were too old: your mindset was shaped by the pre-Civil War paradigm. But there is a particular, narrow nine-year window that was just perfect for seeing the potential that the future held. All of the 14 men and women on that list had vision and talent. But they also were given an extraordinary opportunity. . .

http://gladwell.com/outliers/the-10000-hour-rule/

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2017, 10:50:08 PM »

St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."