Is there such a thing as bad cholesterol?

Author Topic: Is there such a thing as bad cholesterol?  (Read 25617 times)

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« on: June 03, 2011, 11:40:41 AM »

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly -

The so-called "bad cholesterol" -- low-density lipoprotein commonly called LDL -- may not be so bad after all.

Steve Riechman, researcher in the Department of Health and Kinesiology, says a study reveals that LDL is not the evil Darth Vader of health it has been made out to be in recent years and that new attitudes need to be adopted in regards to the substance.

Riechman and colleagues examined 52 adults from ages to 60 to 69 who were in generally good health but not physically active. The study showed that after fairly vigorous workouts, participants who had gained the most muscle mass also had the highest levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol, "a very unexpected result and one that surprised us.

"It shows that you do need a certain amount of LDL to gain more muscle mass.

Cholesterol is found in all humans and is a type of fat around the body. Dr. Mercola explains that, “This soft, waxy substance is found not only in your bloodstream, but also in every cell in your body, where it helps to produce cell membranes, and bile acids that help you to digest fat. Cholesterol also helps in the formation of your memories and is vital for neurological function.” T.S. Wiley adds that "[Cholesterol] also metabolizes all the sex hormones and fat soluble vitamins like vitamin A, D, E and K. Without it, you’d be dead in no time.”

Riechman goes on to say that a person's total cholesterol level comprises LDL (low-density lipoprotein) and HDL (high-density lipoprotein) cholesterol. LDL is almost always referred to as the "bad" cholesterol because it tends to build up in the walls of arteries, causing a slowing of the blood flow which often leads to heart disease and heart attacks. HDL, usually called the "good cholesterol," often helps remove cholesterol from arteries.

"But here is where people tend to get things wrong," Riechman says.

Ron Rosedale, MD, who is widely considered to be one of the leading anti-aging doctor in the United States, does an excellent job of explaining this concept:

“Notice please that LDL and HDL are lipoproteins -- fats combined with proteins. There is only one cholesterol. There is no such thing as "good" or "bad" cholesterol.

Cholesterol is just cholesterol.

It combines with other fats and proteins to be carried through the bloodstream, since fat and our watery blood do not mix very well.

Fatty substances therefore must be shuttled to and from our tissues and cells using proteins. LDL and HDL are forms of proteins and are far from being just cholesterol.

In fact we now know there are many types of these fat and protein particles. LDL particles come in many sizes and large LDL particles are not a problem. Only the so-called small dense LDL particles can potentially be a problem, because they can squeeze through the lining of the arteries and if they oxidize, otherwise known as turning rancid, they can cause damage and inflammation.

Thus, you might say that there is "good LDL" and "bad LDL.

Also, some HDL particles are better than others. Knowing just your total cholesterol tells you very little. Even knowing your LDL and HDL levels will not tell you very much."

Riechman assures us that "LDL serves a very useful purpose. It acts as a warning sign that something is wrong and it signals the body to these warning signs. It does its job the way it is supposed to. We need to change this idea of LDL always being the evil thing -- we all need it, and we need it to do its job."

"Our tissues need cholesterol, and LDL delivers it," he notes. "HDL, the good cholesterol, cleans up after the repair is done. And the more LDL you have in your blood, the better you are able to build muscle during resistance training."

Riechman says the study could be helpful in looking at a condition called sarcopenia, which is muscle loss due to aging. Previous studies show muscle is usually lost at a rate of 5 percent per decade after the age of 40, a huge concern since muscle mass is the major determinant of physical strength. After the age of 60, the prevalence of moderate to severe sarcopenia is found in about 65 percent of all men and about 30 percent of all women, and it accounts for more than $18 billion of health care costs in the United States.

"The bottom line is that LDL -- the bad cholesterol -- serves as a reminder that something is wrong and we need to find out what it is," Riechman says.

"It gives us warning signs. Is smoking the problem, is it diet, is it lack of exercise that a person's cholesterol is too high? It plays a very useful role, does the job it was intended to do, and we need to back off by always calling it 'bad' cholesterol because it is not totally bad."

The Myth, The Legend

Where though, did this myth come from? It came from the Lipid Hypothesis among other sources of medical Kool-aid. The 1950s Lipid Hypothesis, developed by Ancel Keys, states that fat consumption leads to cholesterol which leads to heart disease. Keys left out of his hypothesis, findings that showed that in Holland and Norway people ate much fat but don't have heart disease and in Chile, people have heart disease but don't consume much fat. This hypothesis at the core of endless dietary and health guides is wrong, which begs the question, how right can these guides be?
T.S. Wiley notes, "Like saturated fat, carbohydrates and grains, most of us get it all wrong when it gets to cholesterol. We’re told to limit our consumption of butter, lard, red meat and eggs, or worse, to go on statins to reduce our blood cholesterol levels, but yet, our ancestors seem to have thrived on those foods without the predicted heart problems."

Who Profits?

"Seeing the opportunity, the pharmacology industry did a really good job of scaring us to death about high cholesterol and dietary cholesterol intake."

We have been sold a lot of lies from big pharmaceutical companies to sell their toxic drugs all of these years on our site, we pointed out that Lipitor is the most profitable drug (2009 gross revenue: $7.5 billion) is designed to lower cholesterol, Lipitor uses statins to decrease LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels and increase HDL cholesterol levels. Studies indicate that high cholesterol increases one's chance for heart disease, the leading health problem in the U.S. Wiley points out that “Triglycerides, which are high in all of us any time we eat sugar, are the part of the sugar you’ve consumed that sticks to your backside to “insulate” you from cold and starvation. The insulin weight that accumulates around the middle in men and, later, in women as they age is the other half of the cho¬lesterol equation and the reason that the cholesterol-lowering drug Lipitor is not a weight-loss aid. The drugs invented to lower cholesterol knockout the enzyme HMG CoA-reductase, the enzyme that makes VLDLs, not triglycerides. “Good” cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein or HDL, is made in men’s and women’s guts under the control of estrogen. There are no drugs to raise HDLs. As a man’s testosterone drops with aging, he has less to convert to estrogen and his lipid profile gets skewed, even if he’s not fat and hypertensive.” Additionally, Dr. Mercola points out that, “statin drugs inhibit not just the production of cholesterol, but a whole family of intermediary substances, many if not all of which have important biochemical functions in their own right.”

"Could big pharma do a better job at finding drugs that provide real cures for disease? Or is it our responsibility to live healthier lives so we don't need cholesterol and acid reflux drugs?"
We do our best to bring out the facts to the public, nothing in great excess has ever been good, covertly, nothing that is naturally produced can be all bad. As Dr. Mercola warns of the “bad cholesterol” myth and others, “Please understand that these myths are actually harming your health”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v8WA5wcaHp4

Read more...
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline Rebelitarian

Re: Is there such a thing as bad cholesterol?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 05:32:26 PM »
To keep your levels in check it is recommneded that you get Apha-linoleic acid - fish oils etc.  and Gamma-linoleic acid primrose oil, flaxseed oils.

In chemistry like dissolves like.  The Omega 3s and 6s will bring a body's LDL and HDL back into balance naturally without cholesterol lowering drugs which is just greedy BIG-PHARMA profitting on something everyone can do for themselves.

Offline donnay

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 05:48:39 PM »
To keep your levels in check it is recommneded that you get Apha-linoleic acid - fish oils etc.  and Gamma-linoleic acid primrose oil, flaxseed oils.

In chemistry like dissolves like.  The Omega 3s and 6s will bring a body's LDL and HDL back into balance naturally without cholesterol lowering drugs which is just greedy BIG-PHARMA profitting on something everyone can do for themselves.

If you go the Omega 3s and 6s you need to make sure they are pure.  If you buy Cod Liver fish oil try and find "Arctic Cod Liver Oil" (Gold standard), and it should NEVER smell like fish.  If it smells like fish chuck it! It's gone rancid.

It is also good to eat the good saturated fats like; animal, coconut, and olive oils.

The drugs like Crestor and Lipitor do nothing but make your arteries brittle.  They are dangerous and no one, I repeat, NO ONE should be taking these drugs.

My father was on Crestor for five years, he is now bed ridden because he had a stroke.  He is part of a class-action lawsuit against Crestor!
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."

Offline brokenarrow

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 06:15:29 PM »
My LDL reading was 103, HDL 53,  Triglycerides 111...they still wanted me on a statin. Strange, the old cholesteral ideal was 200, then 180, soon it was 160 and now I'm told it's 140. They did the same with BP, all to push the pharmaceutical companies agenda.
Send lawyers, guns and money
The shit has hit the fan

Offline donnay

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 06:58:05 PM »
My LDL reading was 103, HDL 53,  Triglycerides 111...they still wanted me on a statin. Strange, the old cholesteral ideal was 200, then 180, soon it was 160 and now I'm told it's 140. They did the same with BP, all to push the pharmaceutical companies agenda.

Yes, pretty much.  Look at the stats of people in the 40's having heart attacks, strokes and being diagnosed with Alzheimers.  Then look at the side effects to most of the cholesterol drugs!

http://www.rxlist.com/crestor-drug-patient.htm

muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness with fever or flu symptoms and dark colored urine;
    urinating more or less than usual, or not at all;
    nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
    chest pain; or swelling in your hands or feet.

Less serious side effects may include:

weakness, dizziness;
    mild nausea, constipation, diarrhea;
    sore throat, runny or stuffy nose;
    memory loss;
    headache; or pain or burning when you urinate.

Offline brokenarrow

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 07:23:40 PM »
Yes, pretty much.  Look at the stats of people in the 40's having heart attacks, strokes and being diagnosed with Alzheimers.  Then look at the side effects to most of the cholesterol drugs!

http://www.rxlist.com/crestor-drug-patient.htm

muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness with fever or flu symptoms and dark colored urine;
    urinating more or less than usual, or not at all;
    nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
    chest pain; or swelling in your hands or feet.

Less serious side effects may include:

weakness, dizziness;
    mild nausea, constipation, diarrhea;
    sore throat, runny or stuffy nose;
    memory loss;
    headache; or pain or burning when you urinate.

It must be true, I entered the wrong number for my LDL. DUH!!

Remember back when it was only 2 eggs per week? Then not long ago it went to 4 per week and now eggs are good for you. Sure thing, get those cholesteral numbers up so you can be the next statin user. If you increase your fiber intake you don't need this crap. You won't be pleasent to be around for a few days, but this trick works better than all the statin pills put together.
Send lawyers, guns and money
The shit has hit the fan

independentWV

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 07:27:21 PM »
My mother took cholesterol (Lipitor) for years believe that is also some of the cause for ALS (muscle weakness).

Apple pectin, hawthorn berries, plantain, fenugreek, black cohash root and cayenne beneficial to help the body lower serum cholesterol and to help prevent the deposition of dietary cholesterol on artery walls.

Fiber and garlic in diet also good,

Offline donnay

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 09:41:07 PM »
My mother took cholesterol (Lipitor) for years believe that is also some of the cause for ALS (muscle weakness).

Apple pectin, hawthorn berries, plantain, fenugreek, black cohash root and cayenne beneficial to help the body lower serum cholesterol and to help prevent the deposition of dietary cholesterol on artery walls.

Fiber and garlic in diet also good,

I am almost convinced that cholesterol is a non-issue.  It has been drummed into our heads (for the last 30-plus years) to eat low-fat/no-fat diets, and I'm starting to think that has caused more damage to ones; heart, liver, kidneys and brain--not to mention the muscles and bones!

Big Pharma, when you get right down to it, are snake oil salesmen.  Create a problem and have the magical treatment--they never cure!!

Offline donnay

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 06:44:20 AM »
Simvastatin can damage muscles in high doses

By Steve Sternberg, USA TODAY

The cholesterol-lowering drug simvastatin can cause severe muscle damage and should not be prescribed in high doses to patients who have taken it for less than a year or in any dose to people taking certain drugs, health officials said Tuesday.

Simvastatin is the second-most-prescribed drug in the USA. It is sold by itself as Zocor and in combination with another cholesterol-lowering drug, ezetimibe, as Vytorin.

Last year, doctors wrote 94 million prescriptions for the two brand-name drugs, according to IMS Health, which tracks the medical marketplace. Millions more people take generic versions of the drug, says Michael Rosenblatt, chief medical officer of Merck & Co. Inc., the company that developed simvastatin.

Rosenblatt says it is crucial to alert people taking the drug to the link between simvastatin and muscle damage, which was bolstered by a Food and Drug Administration review announced last March.

Research has shown that the highest dose of simvastatin, 80 milligrams, causes muscle damage in 61 of every 1,000 patients, far higher than the eight-per-10,000 rate in patients taking a 40-milligram dose, Rosenblatt says.

About 12% of people taking Merck's simvastatin, or 1.2 million people, are taking the 80-milligram dose. "We really want to get the word out," he says.

The FDA said any patient now taking the 80-milligram dose of simvastatin who has been on it less than a year should be switched to a different cholesterol-lowering statin of equal potency. Patients taking any dose of simvastatin who are also taking certain anti-fungal drugs, antibiotics or protease inhibitors for treating HIV should also be switched to other statins.

Patients taking certain heart drugs should be switched to a lower dose.

"We don't want patients stopping their medicine on their own. We want them to call their doctors," Rosenblatt says. "They're on this medicine because their high cholesterol puts them at high risk of cardiac events."

All of the statins have been linked with muscle injury and rare cases of muscle breakdown, a condition called rhabdomyolysis, which occurs in about five of every 100,000 patients taking cholesterol-lowering statin drugs.

A decade after simvastatin was approved as Zocor in 1991, Merck added a warning about muscle injury to its label, Rosenblatt says. In 2004, the biggest study of high-dose statin therapy raised new concerns.

Continued...

Offline lilailette51

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 11:51:50 AM »
I am in France. I have taken "Fenofibrate" medicine for years, with more and more pain in the arms. Muscle weakness, by all means. If my arms are weakened : how about my heart muscles, then ??? This is slow assassination !! So : Hell with that stuff !! Since I have dropped that poison, I am feeling VERY WELL !! One (or more) apple a day, keeps the doctor away !! (provided it is an organic apple ! )

Offline donnay

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 11:53:58 AM »
I am in France. I have taken "Fenofibrate" medicine for years, with more and more pain in the arms. Muscle weakness, by all means. If my arms are weakened : how about my heart muscles, then ??? This is slow assassination !! So : Hell with that stuff !! Since I have dropped that poison, I am feeling VERY WELL !! One (or more) apple a day, keeps the doctor away !! (provided it is an organic apple ! )

Excellent!  You are living proof now!

Welcome aboard!

Offline jamalkenk

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 03:46:54 PM »

Big wow, am I ever surprised they pushed your toward the statins with those numbers. I would be so pleased as mine were in the (LDL 208) and I really got pushed to the statins. I told them I wanted to try my own treatment such as diet, smoking cessation, taking an omega 3 and exercise.

Offline Femacamper

• TRIUMPHANT TRUMP!
    • TRUNEWS
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 11:22:24 PM »
Statins are bad news man.

Offline donnay

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 07:46:33 AM »
Statins are bad news man.

Yes they are--many of them knock out patches of memory in your brain, basically making your brain have holes just like Swiss cheese!

Offline sentinelscout

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 03:58:59 AM »
I have 300 cholesterol.
I feel great
The doctor can go shove it.

I think most of my cholesterol is the "good kind"
the way it works I think is if you have a higher ratio of good to bad, your fine no matter how high it is.
I don't get why cholesterol is bad, you need it to make repairs to blood vessels/veins/arteries.

I think the good cholestorol keeps it in check so that you don't buildup too much plaque in the arteries.

PS: NEVER GET A STENT, everyone old that I know got one and they get blocked in 2 months and break/move/shift around in the artery and the doctors don't tell you that once its in there its impossible to remove.

Doctors put stents in the arteries so that you have to go back for bypass surgery.

Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies.

Offline Femacamper

• TRIUMPHANT TRUMP!
    • TRUNEWS
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »
Cayenne will lower blood pressure right quick...

Offline donnay

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 12:27:06 PM »
Ending the Cholesterol-Heart Disease Myth

(NaturalNews) Why has there never been a record of cholesterol having blocked a vein in the body! What is it about arteries that makes cholesterol attach itself to their walls, while leaving the veins alone? It is really the sticky nature of cholesterol that is behind the blockage of healthy blood vessel walls?

The answers to these questions may surprise you. The body actually uses the lipoprotein cholesterol as a kind of bandage to cover abrasions and tears in damaged arterial walls just as it does it for any other wound. Cholesterol is nothing less than a life-saver. However, for the past thirty-eight years, this lipoprotein has been stigmatized to be the number one cause of deaths in the rich nations - heart disease.

This is how the theory goes: For reasons not really known, a form of cholesterol that has earned the name "bad" somehow increases in the bloodstream of millions of people today; it sticks to the walls of arteries, and eventually, it will starve the heart muscle of oxygen and nutrients. Accordingly, the masses are urged to reduce or ban cholesterol-containing fats from their diet so that they can live without the fear of arterial occlusion and dying from a heart attack.

The tremendous concern of being attacked by this "vicious" lipoprotein has finally led to innovative technologies that can even extract cholesterol from cheese, eggs, and sausages, thus making these "deadly" foods "consumer-safe." Products that claim to be low in cholesterol, such as margarine and light-foods, have become a popular choice of "healthy eating."

Cholesterol is Not the Culprit After All

But as INTERHEART and other studies have shown, cholesterol isn't a serious risk factor for heart disease at all. An earlier study sponsored by the German Ministry of Research and Technology showed that no exact link exists between food cholesterol and blood cholesterol. Even more surprising, in Japan, the cholesterol levels have risen during recent years, yet the number of heart attacks has dropped. The largest health study ever conducted on the risks of heart disease took place in China. Like so many similar studies, the Chinese study found no connection between heart disease and the consumption of animal fats.

In an 8-year long heart study, researchers observed 10,000 people with high cholesterol levels. Half of them received a best-selling statin drug. The other half were simply told to eat a normal diet and get enough exercise. The results stunned the researchers. Although the statin drug did indeed lower serum cholesterol, this had no impact whatsoever on death rate, non-fatal heart attacks and fatal arterial disease. In other words, the statin-users had zero advantage over those who received no treatment at all. However, they had just spent eight years taking a costly drug with hideous side effects - risking liver failure, muscle wasting, even sudden death. Lowering cholesterol either through drugs or low fat diets does not lower the risk of developing heart disease.

All the major European long-term cholesterol studies have confirmed that a low-fat diet did not reduce cholesterol levels by more than 4 percent, in most cases merely 1-2 percent. Since measurement mistakes are usually higher than 4 percent and cholesterol levels naturally increase by 20 percent in autumn and drop again during the wintertime, the anti-cholesterol campaigns since the late 1980s have been very misleading, to say the least. A more recent study from Denmark involving 20,000 men and women, in fact, demonstrated that most heart disease patients have normal cholesterol levels. The bottom line is that cholesterol hasn't been proved a risk factor for anything.

The current medical understanding of the cholesterol issue is more than incomplete. The argument that animal tests on rabbits have confirmed that fatty foods cause hardening of the arteries sounds convincing, but only when the following facts are omitted:

* Rabbits respond 3,000 times more sensitively to cholesterol than humans do.

* Rabbits, which are non-carnivorous animals by nature, are force-fed excessive quantities of egg yolk and brain for the sake of proving that cholesterol-containing foods are harmful.

* The DNA and enzyme systems of rabbits are not designed for consumption of fatty foods, and if given a choice, these animals would never eat eggs or brains.

It is obvious that the arteries of these animals have only an extremely limited ability to respond to the damage caused by such unsuitable diets. For over three and half decades, Western civilization assumed that animal fats were the main cause of dietary heart disease. This misinformation is highlighted by the fact that heart attacks began to rise when consumption of animal fats actually decreased. This was verified by British research, which revealed that those areas in the U.K. where people consumed more margarine and less butter had the highest numbers of heart attacks. Further studies revealed that heart attack patients had consumed the least amounts of animal fats.

In this context, it is important to differentiate between processed and unprocessed fats. It has been discovered that people who died from a heart attack were found to have many more of the harmful fatty acids derived from the partially hydrogenated vegetable oils in their fat tissue than those who survived. These so-called "faulty" fats (trans-fatty acids) envelop and congest the membranes of cells, including those that make up the heart and coronary arteries. This practically starves the cells of oxygen, nutrients, and water, and eventually kills them.

In another more comprehensive study, 85,000 nurses working in American hospitals observed a higher risk for heart disease in patients who consumed margarine, crisps, potato chips, biscuits, cookies, cakes, and white bread, all of which contain trans fats.

Eating margarine can increase heart disease in women by 53 percent over eating the same amount of butter, according to a recent Harvard Medical Study. While actually increasing LDL cholesterol, margarine lowers the beneficial HDL cholesterol. It also increases the risk of cancers up to five times. Margarine suppresses both the immune response and insulin response. This highly processed and artificial product is practically resistant to destruction, being one molecule away from plastic. Flies, bacteria, fungi, etc. won't go near it because it has no nutritional value and cannot be broken down by them. It can last for years, not just outside the body, but inside as well.

It is very apparent that eating damaged, rancid fats or trans-fats can destroy any healthy organism and should be avoided by anyone. In 2007 New York City banned the use of trans fats in its restaurants; however, the trans fats are merely being replaced with new artificial fats that have the same or worse effects.

Healthy Today - Sick Tomorrow

Unfortunately, high cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia) has become the dominating health concern of the 21st century. It is actually an invented disease that doesn't show up as one. Even the healthiest people may have elevated serum cholesterol and yet their health remains perfect. But they are instantly turned into patients when a routine blood test reveals that they have a "cholesterol problem."

Since feeling good is actually a symptom of high cholesterol, the cholesterol issue has confused millions of people. To be declared sick when you actually feel great is a hard nut to swallow. So it may take a lot of effort on behalf of a practicing physician to convince his patients that they are sick and need to take one or more expensive drugs for the rest of their lives. These healthy individuals may become depressed when they are being told they will need to take potentially harmful drugs to lower their cholesterol levels on a long-term, daily basis. When they also learn that they will require regular checkups and blood tests, their worry-free, good life is now over.

These doctors cannot be blamed for the blunder of converting healthy people into patients. Behind them stands the full force of the U.S. government, the media, the medical establishment, agencies, and of course, the pharmaceutical companies. All of them have collaborated to create relentless pressure in disseminating the cholesterol myth and convincing the population that high cholesterol is its number one enemy. We are told that we need to combat it by all means possible to keep us safe from the dreadful consequences of hypercholesterolemia.

The definition of a "healthy" level of cholesterol has been repeatedly adjusted during the past 30 years, which certainly does not give me much confidence in a system of medicine that professes to be founded on sound scientific principles. In the early days of measuring cholesterol levels, a person at risk was any middle-aged man whose cholesterol was over 240 and possessed other risk factors, such as smoking or being overweight.

After the adjustment of parameters during the Cholesterol Consensus Conference in 1984, the population was hit by a shock wave. Now, anyone (male or female) with overall cholesterol readings of 200 mg percent (200mg per 100 ml) could receive the dreaded diagnosis and a prescription for pills. The claim that 200 blood serum cholesterol is normal and everything above is dangerous was scientifically unfounded, though. At least, this was the consensus of all the major cholesterol studies. In fact, a report in a 1995 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association showed no evidence linking high cholesterol levels in women with heart conditions later in life.

Although it is considered completely normal for a 55-year-old woman to have a cholesterol level of 260 mg percent, most women that age are not told about this. Also healthy employees are found to have an average of 250 mg percent with high fluctuations in both directions.

The lack of evidence linking elevated cholesterol with increased risk of heart disease, however, didn't stop the brainwashing of the masses. In the U.S. 84 percent of all men and 93 percent of all women aged 50-59 with high cholesterol levels were suddenly told they needed treatment for heart disease. The totally unproved but aggressively promoted cholesterol theories turned most of us into patients for a disease that we probably will never develop. Fortunately, not everyone has followed the advice to have their cholesterol levels checked but, unfortunately, millions of people have fallen into the trap of misinformation.

To make matters worse, the official, acceptable cholesterol level has now been moved down to 180. If you have already had one heart attack, your cardiologist will tell you to take cholesterol-lowering statins even if your cholesterol is very low. From the viewpoint of conventional medicine, having a heart attack implies that your cholesterol must be too high. Hence you are being sentenced to a lifetime of statins and a boring low-fat diet. But even if you have not experienced any heart trouble yet, you are already being considered for possible treatment.

Since so many children now show signs of elevated cholesterol, we have a whole new generation of candidates for medical treatment. So yes, current edicts stipulate cholesterol testing and treatment for young adults and even children! The statin drugs that doctors use to push cholesterol levels down are LIPITOR (atorvastatin), Zocor (simvastatin), Mevacor (lovastatin), and Pravachol (pravastatin). If you decide to follow your doctor's advice and take one of these drugs, make certain to read the list of side effects so that you know the risks you are taking.

If you want to obtain objective and untainted information on cholesterol, agencies like the National Institutes of Health and the American College of Cardiology are certainly not the places from which to obtain it. Until recently, they wanted you to keep your overall cholesterol level below 150. Then, in 2001, they finally admitted that measuring overall cholesterol levels makes no sense at all, so they began recommending an LDL level below 100. Now their aim is to keep LDL lower than 70. Every time they lower the target, the number of "patients" requiring treatment jumps dramatically, much to the benefit of the drug producers. Being officially backed by these agencies, doctors feel motivated, if not obliged, to prescribe these expensive drugs to their new patients.

The extensive promotional campaigns by the pharmaceutical giants have already brainwashed the masses to believe they need these drugs to be safe from sudden heart attack. Even if a doctor knows the truth about the cholesterol deception, these anxious patients will demand a prescription from him. This is not just affecting their health, but everyone's economic future. The massive sales of these best-selling drugs of all time drive up health care costs to levels that undermine economic growth and make basic health care unaffordable to an ever-increasing number of people. The masses have been so brainwashed with misinformation that this lurking financial crisis doesn't seem to be their immediate concern.

In 2004, there were already 36 million statin candidates in the U.S., with 16 million using LIPITOR alone. When the official LDL target level drops to 70, another 5 million people will be eligible for their use. At the consumer markup price of $272.37 and an actual cost of $5.80 for a month supply of LIPITOR, you can understand the incentive that the pharmaceutical industry has to push their products and make them a mass commodity.

Excerpted from Chapter 9 of Timeless Secrets of Health and Rejuvenation by Andreas Moritz, (www.ener-chi.com) or (www.amazon.com) . Check out the book for more information about statins, cholesterol and heart disease, or any of the related topics listed below

* The Secret Cause Of Heart Disease - And Why It's So Easily Reversed

* The Beginning Stages Of Heart Disease

* Major Contributing Factors

* Meat Consumption And Heart Disease

* Yes, Your Body Can Store Protein!

* Protein Storage - A Time Bomb

* The Revealing Role Of Homocysteine

* C-Reactive Protein Reveals The Truth

* How And Why Heart Attacks Really Occur

* Heart Attacks Can Occur In A Number Of Ways:

1) New Studies Question Value Of Opening Arteries

2) Risk Indications Of A Heart Attack

3) What Statins May Do To You!

4) But Doesn't Aspirin Protect Against Heart Disease?

5) Dangers Of Low Cholesterol

6) Cholesterol - Your Life And Blood

7) When Cholesterol Signals SOS

8) Balancing Cholesterol Levels Naturally

9) Overcoming Heart Disease - Two Encouraging Stories

10) Non-Dietary Causes Of Heart Disease.

11) A Lacking Social Support System

12) Greatest Risk Factors: Job Satisfaction And Happiness Rating

13) Your Need To Love

14) What A Loving Spouse Can Do

15) The Healing Power Of "Loving Touch"

About the author
Andreas Moritz is a medical intuitive; a practitioner of Ayurveda, iridology, shiatsu, and vibrational medicine; a writer; and an artist. He is the author of the international bestseller, The Amazing Liver and Gallbladder Flush; Timeless Secrets of Health and Rejuvenation, Lifting the Veil of Duality, Cancer Is Not a Disease, It's Time to Come Alive, Heart Disease No More, Diabetes No More, Simple Steps to Total Health, Diabetes—No More, Ending the AIDS Myth and Heal Yourself with Sunlight. For more information, visit the author's website: www.ener-chi.com

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/022960_medical_myths_cholesterol.html#ixzz1SfB5St8a

Offline Overcast

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 01:59:58 PM »
Cayenne will lower blood pressure right quick...

I've heard that. I've also heard on a holistic talk show, that I listen to on rare occasion (Dr. Asa Andrews) that eggs are actually good for your cholesterol.

I was 'borderline' - doc wanted to put me on Lipitor or something, I just refused.

But, I was thinking about sometime going back and getting a write up for some blood work. Then time it around a vacation; maybe one where I just laze around the house or do yard work, etc...

And eat eggs ALL week. I mean like Sausage/Egg/Cheese English muffins in the morning, Omelet for dinner, maybe something like Huevos Ranchos for lunch, just overload on eggs - and then get the blood work done.

That should tell me :)
And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

Offline Femacamper

• TRIUMPHANT TRUMP!
    • TRUNEWS
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 07:27:46 PM »
I've heard that. I've also heard on a holistic talk show, that I listen to on rare occasion (Dr. Asa Andrews) that eggs are actually good for your cholesterol.

I was 'borderline' - doc wanted to put me on Lipitor or something, I just refused.

But, I was thinking about sometime going back and getting a write up for some blood work. Then time it around a vacation; maybe one where I just laze around the house or do yard work, etc...

And eat eggs ALL week. I mean like Sausage/Egg/Cheese English muffins in the morning, Omelet for dinner, maybe something like Huevos Ranchos for lunch, just overload on eggs - and then get the blood work done.

That should tell me :)

Pepper your eggs with Cayenne...that should help some.

Offline donnay

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 07:51:37 PM »
Pepper your eggs with Cayenne...that should help some.

Stay with the red peppers: Health Benefits of Red Pepper

Offline Overcast

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 01:21:04 PM »
Stay with the red peppers: Health Benefits of Red Pepper

I'll just consume all three in moderation :)

I can't be convinced that something totally natural is bad for me. Including Eggs. Of course, an extreme of anything is bad, over a long period at least.
And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

Offline donnay

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2011, 01:42:44 PM »
I'll just consume all three in moderation :)

I can't be convinced that something totally natural is bad for me. Including Eggs. Of course, an extreme of anything is bad, over a long period at least.

That is sage advice.  ;)

The good book says "moderation" is key.

Offline CmdrSoCal

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 04:35:36 PM »
raw, organic, pastured egg yolks are one of the best super foods. the egg whites are anti-nutrient, maldigestive crap. you can find cheap local sources for eggs at localharvest.com.
http://www.curetoothdecay.com/private-lessons/lessons-cholesterol.htm?awt_l=7XxxB&awt_m=KlDG6kCLv2Prison Planet ForumS

Offline LibertyPrevails

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 10:38:59 PM »
Raw eggs are very powerful superfoods, one of Dr. Mercola's favorite foods in fact. Also, they are just NOW finding that the potato holds a number of super-antioxidants. Imagine what they will find out about eggs over the next 20 years? How about apples, oranges, etc?
“Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?” ―Psalm 94:16

Offline donnay

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 07:51:50 AM »
Raw eggs are very powerful superfoods, one of Dr. Mercola's favorite foods in fact. Also, they are just NOW finding that the potato holds a number of super-antioxidants. Imagine what they will find out about eggs over the next 20 years? How about apples, oranges, etc?

Apples are good so long as you buy organic, because the skin is thin and pesticides can easily seep in.  Otherwise an apple a day does keep the doctor away!  ;D

I do two egg yolks, a 1/4 cup of lemon juice, two tablespoons of olive oil for a liver detox once a month.

Eggs are pasture fed, cage free, lemons and oil are organic.

Offline LibertyPrevails

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2011, 11:51:12 PM »
Apples are good so long as you buy organic, because the skin is thin and pesticides can easily seep in.  Otherwise an apple a day does keep the doctor away!  ;D

I do two egg yolks, a 1/4 cup of lemon juice, two tablespoons of olive oil for a liver detox once a month.

Eggs are pasture fed, cage free, lemons and oil are organic.

Great suggestion, I would agree. Liver cleansing is extremely important -- many are amazed how many little green cholesterol buildup "balls" come out of you. It just shows how our diets are wreaking havoc on our organs.
“Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?” ―Psalm 94:16

Offline mackwill

• i am a Repoter
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 04:06:03 AM »
awesome suggestion,  Fish, Fibre, Flax and Nuts are low cholesterol food.  High fibre foods like fruit, oats, brown rice/bread these are high cholesterol food.

Offline whoknowswhat

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 10:08:09 AM »
I have read a little on the subject of LDL & HDL & thought I had a grasp on it until now. Thanks for posting, most enlightening.

Offline madisonmiller

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2011, 08:03:34 AM »
I'll second that and even shout it from the rooftops. Fat is rejuvenating. My neighbor just died recently after years on a low fat diet. Her brain literally melted inside her skull and watching her deteriorate was horrible. It was also fast. As you age, it is more important than ever to eat more saturated animal fat. Not only that, but minimize carbs. The low-carb/high fat/protein diet is truly the fountain of youth!

Offline donnay

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2011, 10:24:19 AM »
I'll second that and even shout it from the rooftops. Fat is rejuvenating. My neighbor just died recently after years on a low fat diet. Her brain literally melted inside her skull and watching her deteriorate was horrible. It was also fast. As you age, it is more important than ever to eat more saturated animal fat. Not only that, but minimize carbs. The low-carb/high fat/protein diet is truly the fountain of youth!

Absolutely!!

Offline Effie Trinket

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2012, 11:38:08 AM »
http://drleonardcoldwell.com/2011/08/15/protecting-your-arteries/

PROTECTING YOUR ARTERIES

With all the battles going on these days the last thing we need is to battle a build-up of plaque inside our arteries. Our blood vessels are the subway for oxygen-rich blood to reach all the body including the heart. Finding fatty debris found on the tracks can derail us right out of this world. Statistically the top three nations of the world plagued by atherosclerosis are; Poland (29,511 deaths), Romania (16,215 deaths) and United States (14,393 deaths). The countries least affected are; Bahamas (8 deaths), El Salvador (2 deaths) and Cayman Islands (1 death). Why do some countries have high mortality from atherosclerosis and others it is almost nonexistent? There are two big reasons; an unhealthy lifestyle consisting mostly of over processed and devitalized foods and believing the cholesterol propaganda from pharmaceutical companies.

PLAQUE

What is plaque made from? It is cholesterol, calcium and other substance inside the blood. Plaque robs and slows oxygen delivery which often leads to stroke or heart attack. Other areas of the body that are affected by the plaque are the brain, extremities, kidneys and pelvis. Fatty, gooey plaque can damage your liver, cause nerve and muscle damage and disease the heart muscle. If you think your statin drugs will save you, think again. According to Dr. Ron Rosedale, Dr. David Williams and Dr. George Mann of the Framingham Study, the cholesterol levels promoted by medicine and pharmaceutical companies is a scam. You need healthy cholesterol and a healthy diet and lifestyle produces healthy cholesterol to help maintain a good balance.

CAUSE

An unhealthy, modern lifestyle of inactivity and consuming devitalized food will cause atherosclerosis. Smoking and heredity also contribute. Eating convenience foods, fast foods and overly processed foods made with white flour, processed salt, processed sugar, processed oils -these are your baked goods, baked desserts, snack crackers, fried foods and also processed animal foods and any food with trans-fats leads to clogged arteries. This includes processed dairy products such as yogurt, milk, cottage cheese (all cheese), ice cream, non-dairy creamers and any product that indicates that you’ve been nursing on a cow. You will get more calcium and in the proper ratio, which the body requires to build strong bone, muscle and connective tissue from plants.

FOOD COUNTER-ASSAULT

You can fight back and reduce plaque by eating more fruits and vegetables. The enzymes and fiber in these foods combat the formation of plaque. The nutrition in these unprocessed foods will help lower lipoproteins, which are responsible for bad LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, which are the building blocks for plaque.

FOOD SPECIFIC

Foods which will help your body find that healthy balance by lowering the lipoproteins fast and prevent the formation of plaque are:

Olive oil (no trans-fats or saturated fats)
    Cayenne pepper
    Garlic -  4 cloves of garlic daily (strengthens you on an immunity and cellular level as well as lower bad cholesterol)
    Grapes (contains lutein to relax arteries, reduce inflammation and help reverse plaque buildup)
    Cherries contain 17 water-soluble vacuolar pigment compounds (anthocyanins) to clear plaque in arteries
    Strawberries contain antioxidants, vitamin C, E, ellagic acid and various carotenoid and anthocyanins to cut cholesterol levels by 10%
    Apples & Grapefruit offer pectin to lower cholesterol and slow the progression of atherosclerosis. In addition the potassium, magnesium and quercetin will help balance blood pressure. Red Delicious and Granny Smith apples are rich in phenol (procyanidins).
    Sweet potatoes will help keep arteries clear by lowering cholesterol
    Green Tea has antioxidants (polyphenols) and flavinoids
    Hawthorn berries helps protect and restore blood vessel elasticity and prevent plaque buildup.
    Salmon contains omega-3 fatty acids and makes blood less sticky and heavy with fat and cholesterol.
    Spinach helps prevent cholesterol from oxidizing and clogging arteries
    Tomatoes with carotenoid lycopene (antioxidant) cuts risk of atherosclerosis by 50%
    Garbanzo beans contain soluble and insoluble fiber, which removes bad cholesterol-bile and prevents heart disease.
    Alfalfa contains a long list of nutrition including saponin glycosides to protect against plaque formation
    Siberian Ginseng – Studies of the 1960′s done in the Soviet Union showed that ginseng significantly improved those affected with high blood pressure, rheumatic heart disease, diabetes and atherosclerosis.
    Onion is known to lower blood lipids (cholesterol) and reduce blood pressure
    Celtic Sea salt – micro-minerals to keep arteries flexible and prohibit plaque buildup.

POWER UP WITH CONCENTRATES

You’ll be miles ahead of the average person who is still popping statin drugs to fix their atherosclerosis problem when you stay away from the processed foods as much as possible and use super concentrated herb formulas. Milk Thistle to protect your liver, the cayenne, garlic and hawthorn to strengthen your heart, the calcium-rich herbs for a calcium formula you’ll never forget, Siberian ginseng and alfalfa to place super nutrition into your body no pharmaceutical company can provide.

Offline donnay

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2012, 12:42:34 AM »
http://drleonardcoldwell.com/2011/08/15/protecting-your-arteries/

PROTECTING YOUR ARTERIES

With all the battles going on these days the last thing we need is to battle a build-up of plaque inside our arteries. Our blood vessels are the subway for oxygen-rich blood to reach all the body including the heart. Finding fatty debris found on the tracks can derail us right out of this world. Statistically the top three nations of the world plagued by atherosclerosis are; Poland (29,511 deaths), Romania (16,215 deaths) and United States (14,393 deaths). The countries least affected are; Bahamas (8 deaths), El Salvador (2 deaths) and Cayman Islands (1 death). Why do some countries have high mortality from atherosclerosis and others it is almost nonexistent? There are two big reasons; an unhealthy lifestyle consisting mostly of over processed and devitalized foods and believing the cholesterol propaganda from pharmaceutical companies.

PLAQUE

What is plaque made from? It is cholesterol, calcium and other substance inside the blood. Plaque robs and slows oxygen delivery which often leads to stroke or heart attack. Other areas of the body that are affected by the plaque are the brain, extremities, kidneys and pelvis. Fatty, gooey plaque can damage your liver, cause nerve and muscle damage and disease the heart muscle. If you think your statin drugs will save you, think again. According to Dr. Ron Rosedale, Dr. David Williams and Dr. George Mann of the Framingham Study, the cholesterol levels promoted by medicine and pharmaceutical companies is a scam. You need healthy cholesterol and a healthy diet and lifestyle produces healthy cholesterol to help maintain a good balance.

CAUSE

An unhealthy, modern lifestyle of inactivity and consuming devitalized food will cause atherosclerosis. Smoking and heredity also contribute. Eating convenience foods, fast foods and overly processed foods made with white flour, processed salt, processed sugar, processed oils -these are your baked goods, baked desserts, snack crackers, fried foods and also processed animal foods and any food with trans-fats leads to clogged arteries. This includes processed dairy products such as yogurt, milk, cottage cheese (all cheese), ice cream, non-dairy creamers and any product that indicates that you’ve been nursing on a cow. You will get more calcium and in the proper ratio, which the body requires to build strong bone, muscle and connective tissue from plants.

FOOD COUNTER-ASSAULT

You can fight back and reduce plaque by eating more fruits and vegetables. The enzymes and fiber in these foods combat the formation of plaque. The nutrition in these unprocessed foods will help lower lipoproteins, which are responsible for bad LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, which are the building blocks for plaque.

FOOD SPECIFIC

Foods which will help your body find that healthy balance by lowering the lipoproteins fast and prevent the formation of plaque are:

Olive oil (no trans-fats or saturated fats)
    Cayenne pepper
    Garlic -  4 cloves of garlic daily (strengthens you on an immunity and cellular level as well as lower bad cholesterol)
    Grapes (contains lutein to relax arteries, reduce inflammation and help reverse plaque buildup)
    Cherries contain 17 water-soluble vacuolar pigment compounds (anthocyanins) to clear plaque in arteries
    Strawberries contain antioxidants, vitamin C, E, ellagic acid and various carotenoid and anthocyanins to cut cholesterol levels by 10%
    Apples & Grapefruit offer pectin to lower cholesterol and slow the progression of atherosclerosis. In addition the potassium, magnesium and quercetin will help balance blood pressure. Red Delicious and Granny Smith apples are rich in phenol (procyanidins).
    Sweet potatoes will help keep arteries clear by lowering cholesterol
    Green Tea has antioxidants (polyphenols) and flavinoids
    Hawthorn berries helps protect and restore blood vessel elasticity and prevent plaque buildup.
    Salmon contains omega-3 fatty acids and makes blood less sticky and heavy with fat and cholesterol.
    Spinach helps prevent cholesterol from oxidizing and clogging arteries
    Tomatoes with carotenoid lycopene (antioxidant) cuts risk of atherosclerosis by 50%
    Garbanzo beans contain soluble and insoluble fiber, which removes bad cholesterol-bile and prevents heart disease.
    Alfalfa contains a long list of nutrition including saponin glycosides to protect against plaque formation
    Siberian Ginseng – Studies of the 1960′s done in the Soviet Union showed that ginseng significantly improved those affected with high blood pressure, rheumatic heart disease, diabetes and atherosclerosis.
    Onion is known to lower blood lipids (cholesterol) and reduce blood pressure
    Celtic Sea salt – micro-minerals to keep arteries flexible and prohibit plaque buildup.

POWER UP WITH CONCENTRATES

You’ll be miles ahead of the average person who is still popping statin drugs to fix their atherosclerosis problem when you stay away from the processed foods as much as possible and use super concentrated herb formulas. Milk Thistle to protect your liver, the cayenne, garlic and hawthorn to strengthen your heart, the calcium-rich herbs for a calcium formula you’ll never forget, Siberian ginseng and alfalfa to place super nutrition into your body no pharmaceutical company can provide.

Excellent info!  Thanks for posting!

Offline reviind

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2012, 10:40:27 PM »
Everyone has his own perception and idea regarding this topic.I think most of my cholesterol is the "good kind" the way it works I think is if you have a higher ratio of good to bad, your fine no matter how high it is.
I don't get why cholesterol is bad, you need it to make repairs to blood vessels/veins/arteries.

Offline donnay

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2012, 12:41:02 AM »
Everyone has his own perception and idea regarding this topic.I think most of my cholesterol is the "good kind" the way it works I think is if you have a higher ratio of good to bad, your fine no matter how high it is.

Not to mention your brain needs cholesterol too!  Statins make your brain shrink.

Offline JonnyDeath

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2013, 12:27:09 AM »
Bottom line is if you think you can pump gook through a tube and it not slowly accumulate you're not very intelligent.

I could pump fat and sugar free yogurt through a teflon hose for years.
Some is going to accumulate without proper maintenance.
Is there bad cholesterol goes without saying.

When these studies are completely to the left while another is completely to the right, don't be foolish. Neither are definitive as they and their proponents dictate and regardless, you are going to die.

The ultimate truth is eat what you want within reason, avoid processed foods and exercise vigorously no less than 3 times a week. Without the vigorous exercise 3 times a week or more, you're a sitting duck. When they reference these little old men and women book worms that live into their 90's while eating butter and eggs for 80 years, bear in mind they lived very conservative lifestyles. The moved slow, talked slow, ate slow and experienced very little stress mentally, emotionally and physically which is what actually allowed them to live so long with such little care.

For those of us that are more aggressive, exercise and a reasonable diet without processed foods and atomically modified ingredients is the only way to beat heart disease and other lifestyle born illness.

There is however a well respected expert within the mainstream heart medicine community that has reversed severe heart disease in patients through a strict fiber diet with the elimination of all oils. I am from Cleveland and still live somewhat locally. The Cleveland Clinic is the number 1 heart and vascular home of medicine in the world. EVERYONE of wealth and importance comes here from all over the world. There is not a world leader in power that doesn't come here when the death dealer pulls his or her card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ_Zvq9CcdM

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2013, 03:40:15 AM »

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly -

The so-called "bad cholesterol" -- low-density lipoprotein commonly called LDL -- may not be so bad after all.

Steve Riechman, researcher in the Department of Health and Kinesiology, says a study reveals that LDL is not the evil Darth Vader of health it has been made out to be in recent years and that new attitudes need to be adopted in regards to the substance.

Riechman and colleagues examined 52 adults from ages to 60 to 69 who were in generally good health but not physically active. The study showed that after fairly vigorous workouts, participants who had gained the most muscle mass also had the highest levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol, "a very unexpected result and one that surprised us.

"It shows that you do need a certain amount of LDL to gain more muscle mass.

Cholesterol is found in all humans and is a type of fat around the body. Dr. Mercola explains that, “This soft, waxy substance is found not only in your bloodstream, but also in every cell in your body, where it helps to produce cell membranes, and bile acids that help you to digest fat. Cholesterol also helps in the formation of your memories and is vital for neurological function.” T.S. Wiley adds that "[Cholesterol] also metabolizes all the sex hormones and fat soluble vitamins like vitamin A, D, E and K. Without it, you’d be dead in no time.”

Riechman goes on to say that a person's total cholesterol level comprises LDL (low-density lipoprotein) and HDL (high-density lipoprotein) cholesterol. LDL is almost always referred to as the "bad" cholesterol because it tends to build up in the walls of arteries, causing a slowing of the blood flow which often leads to heart disease and heart attacks. HDL, usually called the "good cholesterol," often helps remove cholesterol from arteries.

"But here is where people tend to get things wrong," Riechman says.

Ron Rosedale, MD, who is widely considered to be one of the leading anti-aging doctor in the United States, does an excellent job of explaining this concept:

“Notice please that LDL and HDL are lipoproteins -- fats combined with proteins. There is only one cholesterol. There is no such thing as "good" or "bad" cholesterol.

Cholesterol is just cholesterol.

It combines with other fats and proteins to be carried through the bloodstream, since fat and our watery blood do not mix very well.

Fatty substances therefore must be shuttled to and from our tissues and cells using proteins. LDL and HDL are forms of proteins and are far from being just cholesterol.

In fact we now know there are many types of these fat and protein particles. LDL particles come in many sizes and large LDL particles are not a problem. Only the so-called small dense LDL particles can potentially be a problem, because they can squeeze through the lining of the arteries and if they oxidize, otherwise known as turning rancid, they can cause damage and inflammation.

Thus, you might say that there is "good LDL" and "bad LDL.

Also, some HDL particles are better than others. Knowing just your total cholesterol tells you very little. Even knowing your LDL and HDL levels will not tell you very much."

Riechman assures us that "LDL serves a very useful purpose. It acts as a warning sign that something is wrong and it signals the body to these warning signs. It does its job the way it is supposed to. We need to change this idea of LDL always being the evil thing -- we all need it, and we need it to do its job."

"Our tissues need cholesterol, and LDL delivers it," he notes. "HDL, the good cholesterol, cleans up after the repair is done. And the more LDL you have in your blood, the better you are able to build muscle during resistance training."

Riechman says the study could be helpful in looking at a condition called sarcopenia, which is muscle loss due to aging. Previous studies show muscle is usually lost at a rate of 5 percent per decade after the age of 40, a huge concern since muscle mass is the major determinant of physical strength. After the age of 60, the prevalence of moderate to severe sarcopenia is found in about 65 percent of all men and about 30 percent of all women, and it accounts for more than $18 billion of health care costs in the United States.

"The bottom line is that LDL -- the bad cholesterol -- serves as a reminder that something is wrong and we need to find out what it is," Riechman says.

"It gives us warning signs. Is smoking the problem, is it diet, is it lack of exercise that a person's cholesterol is too high? It plays a very useful role, does the job it was intended to do, and we need to back off by always calling it 'bad' cholesterol because it is not totally bad."

The Myth, The Legend

Where though, did this myth come from? It came from the Lipid Hypothesis among other sources of medical Kool-aid. The 1950s Lipid Hypothesis, developed by Ancel Keys, states that fat consumption leads to cholesterol which leads to heart disease. Keys left out of his hypothesis, findings that showed that in Holland and Norway people ate much fat but don't have heart disease and in Chile, people have heart disease but don't consume much fat. This hypothesis at the core of endless dietary and health guides is wrong, which begs the question, how right can these guides be?
T.S. Wiley notes, "Like saturated fat, carbohydrates and grains, most of us get it all wrong when it gets to cholesterol. We’re told to limit our consumption of butter, lard, red meat and eggs, or worse, to go on statins to reduce our blood cholesterol levels, but yet, our ancestors seem to have thrived on those foods without the predicted heart problems."

Who Profits?

"Seeing the opportunity, the pharmacology industry did a really good job of scaring us to death about high cholesterol and dietary cholesterol intake."

We have been sold a lot of lies from big pharmaceutical companies to sell their toxic drugs all of these years on our site, we pointed out that Lipitor is the most profitable drug (2009 gross revenue: $7.5 billion) is designed to lower cholesterol, Lipitor uses statins to decrease LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels and increase HDL cholesterol levels. Studies indicate that high cholesterol increases one's chance for heart disease, the leading health problem in the U.S. Wiley points out that “Triglycerides, which are high in all of us any time we eat sugar, are the part of the sugar you’ve consumed that sticks to your backside to “insulate” you from cold and starvation. The insulin weight that accumulates around the middle in men and, later, in women as they age is the other half of the cho¬lesterol equation and the reason that the cholesterol-lowering drug Lipitor is not a weight-loss aid. The drugs invented to lower cholesterol knockout the enzyme HMG CoA-reductase, the enzyme that makes VLDLs, not triglycerides. “Good” cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein or HDL, is made in men’s and women’s guts under the control of estrogen. There are no drugs to raise HDLs. As a man’s testosterone drops with aging, he has less to convert to estrogen and his lipid profile gets skewed, even if he’s not fat and hypertensive.” Additionally, Dr. Mercola points out that, “statin drugs inhibit not just the production of cholesterol, but a whole family of intermediary substances, many if not all of which have important biochemical functions in their own right.”

"Could big pharma do a better job at finding drugs that provide real cures for disease? Or is it our responsibility to live healthier lives so we don't need cholesterol and acid reflux drugs?"
We do our best to bring out the facts to the public, nothing in great excess has ever been good, covertly, nothing that is naturally produced can be all bad. As Dr. Mercola warns of the “bad cholesterol” myth and others, “Please understand that these myths are actually harming your health”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v8WA5wcaHp4

Read more...

Awesome;
What do you under-stand?

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2013, 10:06:02 AM »
A very good book to read on this topic is written by a brilliant lady, Dr Sherry Rogers. It's named "The Cholesterol Hoax". You can find it at this website:
http://www.prestigepublishing.com

As I have mentioned many a time, I have read most of her books and a friend and I have followed many of her protocols, and we definitely see results.

It's too bad that other doctors (I call them lazy) just mindlessly follow "Practice Guidelines" (see article below) which are written and promoted by big pharma bought off doctors who only push drugs for every ailment. These drugs, in turn, do even more damage to your body so that you eventually need more drugs to manage other ailments they create. I don't want a doctor who just "manages drugs" at every doctors visit, but I would rather have one who promotes health. It's sad so few doctors understand health!

If your doctor is a mindless drone who only takes orders from these questionnable protocols, then he or she needs to be shown this article because they are a dinosaur doctor who is not thinking for themselves and thus putting your health in jeopardy.

I want a doctor who is up to date on information and who reads and continues his education throughout his time as a doctor. Anything less betrays his patients. If your doctor has stopped learning, then you need to stop your doctor!

If the first thing out of your doctors mouth is TAKE THIS DRUG, when you have an ailment, then you are in the wrong place. If they don't talk to you and try to get to the root of your problem, they are not serving your best interest!

"Relationships Between Authors of Clinical Practice Guidelines and the Pharmaceutical Industry":
http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=194615

Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

The Great Deception - Forum/Library - My Research
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showforum=110

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2013, 10:32:36 AM »
Bump
Rev21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Who am I
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Fk6dt_uHo

EvadingGrid

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2013, 08:05:22 AM »
Men need cholesterol to produce testosterone, so, of course, the authorities want men to be neutered.

Offline donnay

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2013, 12:26:22 PM »
Men need cholesterol to produce testosterone, so, of course, the authorities want men to be neutered.

Cholesterol is imperative for vital brain function too.  The Statin drugs these doctors prescribe definitely lower the cholesterol which causes your brain to shrink.  We are seeing epidemic reports of dementia/Alzheimer's in people as young as 35 years old.

You also need cholesterol in order for your skin to make Vitamin D.  You immune system depends on it.