Author Topic: I just spent 2 weeks in China. What would you like to know?  (Read 6406 times)

Offline The Masonite

I was in Shanghai, Kunming, and Mile.  I am now a self proclaimed expert on China.

Here is some of the things that stuck out right away...

- their economy is BOOMING!
- there are no fat people.
- minorities are the hardest working people there and they don't bitch about it.
- every cab driver drives a VW Jetta.
- I saw a total of 12 incadescent light bulbs while I was there.  all they use are those pigtail fluorecent light bulbs, even in the streetlights.  Although they do use mercury vapor lights in some places.
- every other car was a Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, GM, Ford, etc.  i saw very few Chinese vehicles.
- airport security is basically the same as here minus the body x-rays.  and when you beep in the medal detector some shweet young thang pats you down no joke!  they make you empty your pockets instead of taking your shoes off.
- the streets in the areas that I stayed were clean except the suburb of Mile which was a trash dump.
- they sell all the name brand stuff that we sell here. Chevrolet, Nike, etc.
- most of their restaurants are down right scary to eat in.
- I saw very few bugs.
- cops basically are lazy bums that hang out in the shade at the police station BSing all day.
- I saw very few military people and the ones that I saw were unarmed.
- the only people sporting guns were bank guards and airport police.
- it's not the police state that we are told that it is.
- grade school students spend up to 10 hours a day at school (5 days a week).
- the only crime that I saw was some guy walking the check at a restaurant and the employees gave chase (he got away after almost knocking me out of his way).
- i tried in vain to find some dog or donkey meat to eat.
- they have McDonalds, Walmart, etc.
- most of the drugs sold in the US are over the counter in China.
- they are better drivers that us.  you have to see it to believe it.  the roads are chaos but traffic moves and they don't crash into each other.
- everyone has a cell phone and they DON'T talk on them while driving!
- everyone puts their car in park or neutral at stoplights or even turn them off.
- drivers are WAY more curtious there.
- air pollution there is really bad in many areas.
- I was never asked for papers or harassed by government agents except at the airport.
- I WAS able to access Info Wars, Drudge Report, and Steve Quayle while in China.
- almost every power outlet in the country excepts US, Euro, and China plugs.

This is what I can think of off the top of my head.  Have any questions let me know.

independentWV

Re: I just spent 2 weeks in China. What would you like to know?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 11:03:18 am »
Wow, did you have a fun time?

Offline NMTO

• All Will Stand
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 11:26:13 am »
What is the overall amount of people who can afford to dress nice, have a car, rent or own a place, have a few nice things...verses living in squalor?

Why don't you want to eat at any of the restaurants?  Does this include places like corporate McD's?

Do the people generally seem happy or oppressed?

What is the attitude towards America?

Did you see wind/solar energy farms?

Do you have any pictures posted somewhere online?

What type of public transportation system was in use in the areas you visited?

Offline The Masonite

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 11:57:29 am »
We were there on our honeymoon and to meet the in-laws (her family).

Yes, we had a good time.

If I had to guess overall for the trip that about 20% are dirt ass poor.  I'd say about 60% fall into lower-middle class.  The rest are middle class with a few percentage points of upper middle class and rich.

If you have an apartment, TV, moped, cell phone, and a PC you are considered to be doing well there.  I saw maybe a dozen street beggers there.  Most of them were extremely old or crippled and could not work.  But they did not seem to have any problems getting handouts.

To my surprise most people there seem to be happy.

There 'tude towards America was basically indifferent.  They could care less that we even exist.  But they don't hate us or anything like that.

I only saw one electric generator windmill while I was there.  But I did see a MOTHER LOAD of solar hot water heaters.  I forgot to mention this earlier.  Every house, townhouse, and apartment building of less than 40 stories is completely covered in solar panels for hot water.  It is basically a hot water tank sitting on its side with a solar panel sticking out of the side.  Looks kind of like window shades that roll up into a roll.  Imagine the roll is the tank and the shade is the solar panel.  When you fly over a city during the day the city twinkles with solar panels on every roof.

Public transport is readily available in the cities and 'burbs.  The subway is neat and clean.  Can't remember the price.  City buses are "ok" and cost about 45 cents US to go any where in the city.  Many of the buses are battery powered, hybrid, run on electric wires like a trolly, or are stick-shift (not sure if gas or diesel).  Taxi cabs or shuttle mini-vans are a dime a dozen even out in the country side.

I have hundreds of pics and will be posting soon.

I saw no hybrid cars or diesel powered cars like the TDI VW.  I saw maybe 6 pick-up trucks while I was in country.

I did see one of their bullet trains.  Scary fast.

Offline masterofsuspense

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 11:59:11 am »
What the hell?

What does your media portray China as? All that you just listed there is common knowledge at least here in Finland, I imagine most of Europe, do they still portray China as some third world boogeyman of a country there :D that is so funny

As for what I would like to know is the answer to life the universe and everything... hey you didn't specify it had to be about China, which of I think I know as much or possibly more than you do *jk*

I hope you had loads of fun on your trip.
Surrender out of fear, or fight to the end and inspire others, the choice is yours.

Offline goforward

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 12:35:24 pm »
Cool
I was there in summer of 04 and I thought it strange that westerners were seen as rockstars if you were tall and white usually a chinese stranger would come up to you and take a picture with you. Also do they still have 5 star toilets?
Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Offline The Masonite

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 02:39:03 pm »
DUDE!  The toilet issue!  You mean the "squat toilet"?  AKA a hole in a the floor!  JESUS!  I'll take the throne any day over the hole in the floor!

The sheeple here in the US think that China is one big 3rd world rice patty run by evil commies that want to take over the world starting with an invasion of the US.  Even my educated mother doesn't believe all the things that I saw, she wants to see pictures.

On a related note my wife and I bought an apartment there as an investment at a rich man's golf resort that is being built in Mile.  Good luck finding anything on the Web about it.  Well kept secret.  We also opened up 2 Bank of China accounts.  Our hope is to flip this property in a few years to pay down our house here in the US.

My wife's mother lives in a 3 story townhouse with a 3 car garage (she owns no vehicles).  She bought it for $90,000 US and one year later the price has jumped to $180,000 US due to the resort and factory being built nearby.  They are also bringing in a 4 lane highway and freight and passenger rail service.

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 02:44:43 pm »
Did people attend their churches?
Are they able to store up food if they wish?

Best Wishes with your marriage &  new life to come.

Love, e

Offline Rebelitarian

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 02:56:10 pm »
Are you sure  you're not in a tourist town that they keep up for those who visit ?

They do the same thing in South American towns.  They have tourist citiies where the rich run resorts, the visitors are well pampered and the residents are like maids and butlers to guests while the rest of the country is in 3rd world squalor status.

Offline mcs7

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 02:58:10 pm »
and there you have it  post ww2 UNITED STATES

oh sorry  China

my  mistake

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 03:37:30 pm »
You're a newlywed.
You've just spent two honeymoon-esque weeks visiting your brand spanking new in-laws.
You're in love with your new wife, your new life.
I wish you much happiness.

But... don't view China through the lenses of a newlywedded guy on his first visit.

"To my surprise most people there seem to be happy."

Go back next year, and instead of two weeks, spend six months living in a remote area - not the glitzy western-economy-fueled factory cities, but out in areas where the majority of Chinese people live. Then let us know about your observations; particularly in contrast to what you've seen so far as a newly married guy visiting Chinese family.

Make a sign board saying (in Chinese)

"I DEMAND
FREEDOM OF SPEECH
ON THE INTERNET!!!"

...and go stand in a city square. See how that goes and report back.

That would be a fascinating experience in how life in China really is.
But you'd have to get some Chinese people to stand with you holding signs,
because they'd be more likely to see the REAL treatment as a result
of expressing their opinions publicly. The consequences of exercising Free Speech
where none exists. You would probably not see this reality: your "foreigner" appearance
means you'd get the special diplomatic treatment.

And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 03:46:49 pm »
A couple of these, I am sure, are Chinese commodes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSj9SP4zUL0&feature=related

Love, e

Offline chris jones

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 03:53:00 pm »
  Saty. I have never been to China, Formosa was the closest I got.
          When I was there a bunch of Chinas Mainland citizenry were escaping from their homeland, not simply to seek out a better life, but to stay alive.
           I hope I understand Masonite position, what he witnessed seem to be pretty much under control.
I'm not critisizing this man, but I have a feeling that he didn't get a real peak inside the machine.
           I've kicked around a bit, and foriegners I know who visit the USA generally go to Disney Land or the Big Apple, do they have a true vision of the Ol USA.

Offline Rex

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 04:04:33 pm »
There's good and bad in all countries, but China...no real rights.

My bumper sticker reads:

Support the Troops
Bring them Home NOW!

Did any of the cars you saw have similar sentiments plastered in two-inch type on their bumpers?  The Chinese government isn't exactly benevolent:

"The Chinese regime has imposed what residents are calling ‘martial law’ on Inner Mongolia. Security forces sealed off several parts of the region and its capital Hohhot on Sunday to prevent a mass protest that was planned for today. Residents are telling the Associated Press that Internet access has been disabled, as well...."

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Chinese_Regime_Imposes_%E2%80%9CMartial_Law%E2%80%9D_in_Inner_Mongolia/14109/0/38/38/Y/M.html

What would happen to drivers with "Get out of Mongolia!" stickers on their bumpers?

Offline Rebelitarian

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 04:28:25 pm »
Ask those who lost family members to the government and the organ harvestors who profitted as a result.

A day in China.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxymwN7nYQQ

independentWV

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 04:53:10 pm »
Congratulations on new marriage and honeymoon in China

May you be blessed with years of happiness!

spend six months living in a remote area

Certain places I traveled glitz and poor close together, Jamaica for example tents/shacks/tarps across the street from Ritz Hotel.

Offline Rebelitarian

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 04:56:17 pm »
Yeah don't be fooled by a tourist area as opposed to what life in China is really like.

Offline Bash Riprock

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 05:35:11 pm »
It's my understanding that coastal China is a world apart from interior China.

Offline Rebelitarian

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 05:54:45 pm »
Will of course there are at least 2 Chinas.

1.  Toursist towns China to lull corporate yuppie types in so China can partner than copy their industry.

2.  The slave labor China that represses its people on behalf of the NWO.

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2011, 10:45:37 am »
China's prototype for a high-tech police state is now ready for export

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=40536.0
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<

Offline NMTO

• All Will Stand
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2011, 11:07:18 am »
As far as China NOT being the police state that we think it is...I think you need to realize that China's police state is a graduated one, or already completed.  So people in China already know the rules.  Are you going to see protests or people breaking this rule or that rule?  Not so frequently.  The police state is set up, running and good to go.

1.) There is no freedom of religion.  A non-registered Christian church will cause all sorts of problems.

2.) There is no freedom of speech.  Make a sign demanding that China become a true republic and hold it up.

3.) There is no right to bear arms.  Try to get a gun and go shooting at a range or hunting.

4.) There is no right to privacy.  If the police want to search your hotel room, tell them to get a warrant.

5.) Ask the people why they don't have two kids or more!

America is quickly becoming a police state, but we are in an infant police state system.  Your rights are still 'on the books' but they also may be violated at any time.  I believe that Paul Watson (propagandamatrix.com and infowars writer) wife is from China.  Ask him whether or not China is a police state.

EvadingGrid

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2015, 05:08:08 am »
It seems people just don't comprehend how different the world looks from standing in China.
I am at a loss for words.