The abundance of oil made scarce by deception/wars/unfair trade

Author Topic: The abundance of oil made scarce by deception/wars/unfair trade  (Read 27835 times)

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline aLLyOuRbAsE

• Free Man
Re: Peak oil is a lie
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 09:31:28 AM »
i think what it comes down to, as so often in the matters of society these days, is that one term has been obfuscated to mean often several other things.

simply put, oil is a finite resource. whichever way you look at it, it is not sustainable. so the term "peak oil" in context of the relation of consumption to production, is a correct one, as the point of consumption overtaking production is an inevitable fact.

now, the trick is to remember that oil is not the only energy source, indeed it has been chosen out of a vast array of choices, from steam and water through sun and atmosphere to coal and wood.

and its operation by governments (and the people behind governments), who chose oil in the first place, has been unethical and immoral to say the least (and without recounting war and other hideous crimes), with such things as OPEC and restrictions and suppression of alternatives (tesla etc)

so yes, oil is a finite resource, and all our common logic would cry at us that this needs to be changed, and i dont doubt that's how we all feel (even the bad guys know this, they will use oil until they no longer need it as a tool of control)

the solutions are out there, the ideas have already been created, what we must ask ourselves is, what is stopping us from moving forward?
Peace and Love.

If I don't, who will?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcx9BJRadfw

The ends do NOT justify the means...

Offline Beelze-bush

• Tom Scearce's Home On The Web
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 11:46:21 AM »
the solutions are out there, the ideas have already been created, what we must ask ourselves is, what is stopping us from moving forward?
The answer I got was: People are lazy. I mean they are stuck in their view of the world and are too lazy to change. And the greedy elitists know that. So they try to insure people stay stuck. It's soooooo sexy and cool to own a new car, a high def tv, an iphone, ... People claim to own their cars even tho the banksters hold a note against it for 5 to 6 years. And most can't wait to pay it off so they can go into debt again. Twisted, turned, screwed and burned. The real lie is the grand deception that most people believe is the good life. It's really the road to perdition. In reality, there is no ownership. Only temporary control. For this existence belongs to no man. But the idea of ownership has been the cause of many a bloody conflict. So yes, oil is a tool for control; but, it is also a fact that the controllers lied about the scarcity at this point in time to cover their racketeering.
ouch!

Offline aLLyOuRbAsE

• Free Man
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 11:53:28 AM »
So yes, oil is a tool for control; but, it is also a fact that the controllers lied about the scarcity at this point in time to cover their racketeering.

couldnt agree more. the lying is the prime reason for the confusion, that coupled with an active campaign against individuals intelligence.

Peace and Love.

If I don't, who will?

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 03:13:15 PM »
More thoughts...

Abiotic Oil - seems to be some kind of debate still going on.  as far as it being like cheese on the moon, who knows...we never went there ;)

Peak Oil - old lie manipulated to freak out sub-elites - actually, they have given up somewhat on that because of all BS in Iraq showing how oil is really manipulated.  The new lie for the sub-elites is that islamic fascism will devour the Earth.  They have secret meetings where they play "confiscated, leaked" videos from Krull company agents posing as good Americans who are warning sub-elites of the coming apocolypse.  What they do is show sub-elites supposed confiscated videos of children beheading their parents and children blowing themselves up at the orders of a cleric.  The shock and awe on a sub-elite is quite effective (Bill Maher is one of the sub-elites that went through one of these secret "sessions")  The lie is the same as the old peak oil lie.  CIA/ISI/MI6 set up the entire thing, the children are MK Ultra indoctinated in Pol Pot type methodology (US training) to kill their parents and blow themselves up.  The sub-elites are told that Islamic Fundamentalism has gotten out of control and we need to continue stregthening our defenses to protect our "freedoms."

So they get more funding to make more boogie men.  The scare tactics are the same as the peak oil scare tactics.  Watch the movie Hackers and see how easy to set up these BS scenarios.

There is 10x more crude oil than we need (with or without the whole abiotic issue).  Our foreign policy has driven up the price per barrel from $20 to over $80 (plan is to go over $200 a barrel to wipe out the middle class).  The foreign policy has done this 2 ways:

1.  By engaging in the slaughtering of over 1,000,000 innocent arabs and our diminishing respect in the world, the petro is moving away from the dolar.
2. Our totally out of control spending has caused spiraling inflation so our dollar is worth about hald what it was 6 years ago (that is the real issue not the peak oil LIE)
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline aLLyOuRbAsE

• Free Man
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 06:27:56 PM »
go do your own research.
try looking at some of the videos sane posted for starters.
peak oil is a valid term, but its concept has been used as a tool to manipulate the people, this is the view of aj as well, he's made that very clear. so i really dont get what your trying to get at.

oil is finite and bad for the environment but artificial scarcity has been created by the same people that chose oil in the first place. think about it.

Peace and Love.

If I don't, who will?

Offline David Rothscum

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 01:34:14 PM »
If you take abiotic oil into consideration, America's foreign policy makes no sense at all. Might as well have invaded australia as they have most of the worlds supply of uranium. But if you consider the normal hypothesis of oil production, depletion etc, it fits perfectly with the invasion of Iraq and possibly Iran. Iran and Iraq have the 2nd and 3rd largest reserves of oil in the world, after Saudi Arabia. In fact that region has something like 1/4 of the worlds proven oil reserves. We are talking staggering amounts here. So why not build some army bases there an dominate the entire region ? If oil is actually a scare resource, the new world order/usa will be in control of over 1/4 of the worlds oil production. This will give these people ... immense power over the world economy.
Iraq wasn't invaded because they needed the oil. If they wanted the oil, why not just let Saddam get a heart attack or a car accident and install a new puppet? They started the war to destroy both the US and Iraqi economy, demonise the US and commit genocide in Iraq and maintain the monopoly.

Offline moses737

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 09:17:55 AM »
Get and read "Black Gold Stranglehold" and you will see that oil is as abundant in the Earth as to the amount of ocean water!! I could probably hit oil in my backyard. It is everywhere!! But the oil companies have created organizations that will shut you down on environmental laws that keeps Americans from drilling their own oil. We have enough oil in Alaska and Prudhoe Bay to keep America running for 500 plus years!! But the globalist environmentalist will shut you down and lie to us and tell us that it is of a very poor grade!! Why!!?? So they can keep charging us $3 to $5 a gallon and make trillions!! Lindsey Williams was a chaplain on the Alaska pipeline in the late 70's and the geologist came crying to him because they had to lie and falcify reports that the oil was scarce and of a low grade!! These Satanic liars will have to answer to God in the very near future after they have been brought to the Great White Throne Judgment in the very near future!!!

Offline 37

• "The President of what?"
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 12:02:31 PM »
2. Oil Barons Cash in on Conflict

The top 15 U.S. Oil Barons are paid 281 percent of the average CEO
compensation in comparably sized businesses. The top 15 U.S. Oil
CEOs were paid an average of $32.7 million in 2005 while the average
compensation for CEOs of large U.S. firms in all industries was
$11.6 million.1

These top 15 Pump Profiteers are paid 518 times the average worker
in the oil and gas industry. The disparity between U.S. CEOs as a
whole and average U.S. workers is 411-to-1.

The top 15 Petroleum Profiteers got an average raise of 50.2 percent
of their 2004 pay packages. Meanwhile, the annualized average hourly
wage of production workers in the oil and gas industry increased by
only 4.1 percent from their 2004 levels.2

Top three highest paid U.S. oil chieftains in 2005:
#1 William Greehey (Valero Energy) = $95.2 million
#2 Ray R. Irani (Occidential Petroleum) = $84.0 million
#3 Lee Raymond (outgoing CEO of ExxonMobil) = $69.7 million
And the lowest paid: Chad Deaton, CEO of Baker Hughes = $6.6
million

The second- and third-largest oil companies in the world are both foreign
firms, British Petroleum and Royal Dutch Shell. Both pay their
CEOs considerably less than comparable U.S. oil companies. While
they operate in the same global marketplace, their average pay was
$4.8 million, compared to the average of $39.2 million for the top 2
U.S. oil CEOs.3

Construction laborers, who are among the lowest paid workers in the
oil and gas industry, are paid an average of $22,240 per year.4 It would
take one of these workers 4,279 years to earn what CEO William
Greehey of Valero Energy earns in a year.

The average annual pay for a rotary drill operator is $43,450.5 Ray
Irani’s 2005 compensation at Occidental Petroleum would cover the
wage bill for 1,932 rotary drill operators.

The average annual pay for a petroleum engineer is $107,990.6 It
would take 645 engineers to earn the amount that ExxonMobil’s Lee
Raymond got paid in 2005.

The point?  These guys love profit.  The price of oil has gone up since 9/11.  But, no tankers have been sunk, no oil fields are ablaze, it is no harder to take oil from the ground and move it to the consumer today than it was prior to 9/11.  According to OPEC there is no shortage of oil...just a bottleneck at the refineries because the oil clowns have made record profits every year without upgrading their infrastructure. 

Oil Minister of Qatar to Time/CNN:  http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1677664,00.html?imw=Y

But that is only in the event of a real war and a cut-off of Iran's and the region's spigots. Right now, says Attiya, there is no actual shortage of fuel. "Why is the price of oil very high? I can confirm to you that there is no relation [to] demand and supply. We don't believe there is any shortage of supply in the whole world. I never saw a long queue in any gas station in the world. If you take the inventories, they are the highest in five years.

"Our main [objective]," he adds, "is not to have any shortage of supply. This is our job. Back in 1997, the oil price dropped very dramatically in dollars. We never complained. It hurt us very bad. It hurt the industry. The industry also went into bankruptcy. We believed at the time it was market driven."

Speaking in his eighth-floor office with panoramic views of Doha's new skyscrapers and the Gulf waters beyond, Attiya said that the failure of industrialized countries to provide more refining capacity in the world had led to some shortages of usable fuel. But he was adamant that the Organization of the Oil Petroleum Exporting Countries, which will hold a major summit in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, in mid-November, is not responsible for today's soaring prices.

Local conditions and regulations play their part as well. For example, he says, the high cost of gasoline in Europe is due to the hefty tax imposed by governments on consumers there. "Europeans should complain to their governments," he explained. "In 2004, I received a European minister in my office and he was complaining that we should do something. I joked with him, but it was a serious joke. I told him, 'OK, I have an offer for you. I can give you free oil for 25 years, including transportation, including tax. On one condition: we split the gasoline tax in your country 50-50. He looked at me and said, 'Mr. Minster, let's change the subject.' Europe is making more money than OPEC without putting one dollar in investments."
_________________________________________________________________________________
I don't know what is up with project censored, but when I google peak oil I get 7.9 million returns and the majority seem to say peak oil is real.  Google news has 9,055 news articles on peak oil, so it's not really a very censored subject.  For some reason it seems like people want to believe that there is an oil shortage coming.  Or perhaps, more accurately, someone wants us to believe the oil shortage is coming. 

Seems to me that shutting off oil would be an excellent way to trim down population.  How many cities produce enough food to support themselves?  Most food that we consume is brought to the stores on trucks...  Have you seen Endgame? 
A. Why is Exxon Mobil spending millions of dollars to convince people there is no such thing as Peak Oill? See Exxon's anti-Peak Oil advertising campaign)
B. Why is its CEO, Rex Tillerson, going on MSNBC and denying Peak Oil?
C. Why is Shell doing likewise?

A.How many millions?  They made $36 BILLION in profit in 2005 alone.  So, are they throwing a couple million against their own propaganda to make it seem more real?

B.See A

C.See A

Peak oil is their only excuse for raising the price.  Theres no shortage in Venezuela...Chavez just told big oil to f**k off milking one of the largest fields in the world.  Until they are in control of the world's entire oil they will fight "peak oil" when they have control of Venezuela, Iran and Syria's fields they will stop fighting peak oil and start pushing it.  It's all about profit maximizing.  Bush has owned stock in two oil companies, Cheney owns stock in Halliburton which feeds off of both the Defense and Oil industries and Condi Rice was on the board of directors of Chevron.

If you notice the quote from the Qatari Oil Minister he says, "We don't determine the marketprice of oil we read about it in Reuters or Platt."  This means the oil companies set the price they pay(which is part of the reason OPEC REFUSES to increase production) and then they determine the sale price to the consumer.  Does any other middle man set his own purchase price?
"Whatever it is, I am against it."  -Groucho Marx

Channel 37
http://www.youtube.com/user/jmortimer37

Offline 37

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 09:59:53 AM »

Congressional Budget Office looked into using Iraq oil revenue to offset the price of the war in 2003...
http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aairaqwarcost.htm

"Iraq is already a major exporter of oil and until recently has been producing at close to its peak sustainable production capacity of 2.8 million barrels a day.

"Currently, about 80 percent of Iraq's oil production is being used to purchase imports under the United Nations Oil for Food Program or for domestic consumption. And, in the near term, Iraqi oil exports cannot be expanded without large-scale investment and development of infrastructure. Thus, the primary source of additional funds for reconstructing Iraq would be the proceeds from the legitimate sale of the approximately 400,000 BPD that are currently smuggled out of the country to pay for the importation of items that violate United Nations sanctions.

"Assuming that a post-conflict Iraq complied with all U.N. resolutions and removed the basis for the current economic sanctions, and assuming also that its oil production infrastructure was undamaged, Iraq could pay for reconstruction costs by using funds generated from that 400,000 BPD of oil and still have enough to pay for its country's current level of imports. At today's oil prices, production at that level would amount to approximately $3 billion a year."

And since the invasion?  http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0507/p01s02-wome.html

In the first quarter of 2007 Iraqi crude oil production averaged 1.95 million barrels per day, according to the US Special Inspector General. That's far short of the Iraqi goal of some 2.5 million BPD.

In fact, Iraq has missed oil production targets every quarter since 2004.  2.8 million barrels per day down to 1.95 million.  I'm sure that doesn't explain record profits and the increase at the pump.  I know oil prices have been going up because the Saudi oil fields are aflame, all the tankers have been sunk and terrorists have destroyed America's refining capabilities.  Wake up, man!

http://www.upi.com/International_Security/Energy/Briefing/2007/10/30/iraq_oil_production_down_capacity_up/3145

Iraq oil production averaged 2.16 million barrels per day in third-quarter 2007, as the northern pipeline was fixed and better guarded than before.

“It is important to note, however, that this quarter’s production lags slightly behind the same period last year,” the report said. It also pegged production capacity at 3 million bpd.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/28/ap/world/mainD8H969Q00.shtml  (4/28/2006)
(AP) With oil prices above $70 a barrel fouling the world economy, dismay is focusing on Iraq, whose exports have slipped to their lowest levels since the 2003 invasion.

"Iraq could be making a tremendous difference," said Dalton Garis, an economist at the Petroleum Institute in Abu Dhabi. Instead, its shortfall is "a significant contributing factor to the high price of oil," he said.

Someone said we would be welcomed by cheering crowds, but...  http://www.brookings.edu/papers/2004/0617iraq_luft.aspx

A sabotage campaign against Iraq's 4,300-mile pipeline system has crippled the country's oil industry, hindering its ability to export crude. Iraq is producing around 2.4 mbd, of which 1.6-1.9 mbd are exported. However, these figures are currently declining. Data released by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers show that crude production in May dropped to 1.95 mbd and exports are down to 0.86 mbd, the lowest level since last October.

Where is that 1 million barrels per day going?  1.95 mbd production and .86 mbd export?

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411749/644956
Iraq exported 1.1 million barrels of oil per day in December(2005), a senior official said, less than any month since exports resumed in mid-2003 after the US invasion and about half the level seen during sanctions under Saddam Hussein.

That's less than half of pre-war export...  Less oil in the ground or less oil on the move?  Don't be an ass, these people are raping the middle class worldwide...

Here read these and worship your oil whore administration:http://dir.salon.com/story/tech/feature/2003/10/16/halliburton/index_np.html

http://investor.chevron.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=66900&p=irol-pressreleaseArticle&ID=144416&highlight=

Channel 37

Offline 37

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 11:02:33 AM »
http://www.cnbc.com/id/21643645

U.S. Energy Secretary Sam Bodman said current prices were a "terrible problem" for consumers, adding he hoped producer group OPEC would ramp up output to ease prices. Many OPEC officials have rejected that call.

Venezuelan Oil Minister Rafael Ramirez on Monday echoed other officials, saying high prices were due to speculation and geopolitical tensions, not a shortfall in supplies.

Copyright 2007 Reuters.

Channel 37

Offline Apolitical Blues

• Respect yourself
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 10:03:32 PM »
Yeah, Palast is a very good investigative journalist but, he's no oil expert.  His presumptions are based upon information provided to him by people that are equally ill equiped to present a cogent, cognitive argument on why a finite resourse isn't finite anymore.

For the all we know the former L.A. detective turned investigative journalist, Mike Ruppert not only hit the nail on the head in Crossing the Rubicon but, he's laid bare the fact that Mr. Palast is full of himself if not some other odors facts.
Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2007, 06:47:43 PM »
Not to mention that oil is a renewable resource, and does NOT come from "dinosaurs".

Kregener, I love you bro, but just keep in mind this is where NWO loves to attack.  This argument seems to follow logic and evidence, but much more research is needed on it.  As far as the obvious lies of supply and the manipulation of stopping all new refinieries from beeing built, and the illegal wars...these are incontrovertible.

Kind of like the cell phones on the 9/11 airplanes.  Were the calls fake, I prett much hope so, seeing as no one has ever produced a single phone bill.  But they attack the argument about the inability to use the phone at those altitudes; still a very reasonable argument supported by evidence, but not incontrovertible.

anyway just my thoughts on the renewable oil stuff.  In any case we have enough supplies for at least 100 years with 10x more consumption.  so once we reinstitute the constitution and allow for actual energy market trade without fed/UN influence, oil will not matter at all.

Offline 37

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 04:49:08 AM »
This is a good thread...Some people act like less oil supply should justify jacking up the price.  Peak oil, if it were true, should justify spending ALL of our energy on a new fuel source...that isn't a food.  Not spending $10 billion per month fighting against a threat that can't compete with lightning for yearly kills.  Oil is at $100 per barrel, finally.  We're supposed to believe what these people(big oil) say, on something(Peak Oil) they can use to justify increasing the price and thereby increase their own profit?  Are we this f**king stupid? 

The people who control and work for big oil are enemies of the human race.  They have put their product in everything we consume, it is in our soaps, sunscreens, plastics, fertilizers, clothes, technology...we wrap it around our food, drink, medicine and cosmetics.    You can't make todays car, phone, television, or radio without using petroleum...and you can't operate any of those things without energy...also from oil.  When this product disappears, our society will literally unravel.

If peak oil is true and you truly believe it...It should be the only subject on your lips...The realization should have been the biggest "OH SHIT" moment of your life.  This and global warming are both ridiculous...That's why they have dumbed us down, they can't come up with any believable bullshit...they aren't that creative...I have more respect for the Nibiru/2012/everybody-on-video-is-a-lizard crowd, at least their delusion is creative and really hard to scientifically disprove.

BTW, I'm not saying oil is an infinite resource, I just have read estimates of how much oil is in other places besides the middle east, and we aren't anywhere near the peak. 
You tell kids not to believe everything they see on tv, but "THEY" make it seem so glamorous...

Channel 37

Offline Cruise4

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 12:10:01 PM »
The Grest Oil Deception
There is no true energy crisis. There never has been an energy crisis . . . except as it has
been produced by the Federal government for the purpose of controlling the American
people. That's a rather dramatic statement. to make, isn't it? But you see, at one time I too
thought there was an energy crisis. After all, that was what I had been told by the news
media and by the Federal government. I thought we were running out of crude oil and
natural gas. Then I heard, I saw, and I experienced what I am about to write. I soon came
to realize that there is no energy crisis. There is no need for America to go cold or for gas
to be rationed. We shall verify these statements as we provide the facts for you. You
might be surprised to find that we will also show why the price of gas will remain high,
and in fact will go higher than it is now.
You've read about the controversy. You've heard the statements, the claims, the
counterclaims. You've read about the problems of environmental protection, such as the
need to protect birds whose species are becoming extinct. What you haven't heard is that
$2 million dollars was spent to go around the nest of one species. On your property, you'd
have moved the nest—not so on the Alaska Pipeline. Not true? Questionable? We'll give
you the facts.
You've read about the objections of the native Alaskans whose territory is being exploited
by those giant corporations that can never be satisfied. You've heard about the excessive
profits made by the oil companies. But you haven't heard about the incredible regulations
that forced the costs of the Trans-Alaska oil pipeline up from a projected $2 billion
dollars to beyond $12 billion dollars. We'll tell you more about that.

http://www.reformation.org/energy-non-crisis.html
Videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbakN7SLdbk

I am convinced that there is a definite reason, and at this point I move from observations
to personal opinion. There is only one thing on earth by which every human being can be
controlled, if that product itself is controlled. That product is energy. The world today has
become dependent on energy—for its homes, its lights, its fuel, its automobiles, its
airplanes, its trucking industry, its railroads, its delivery of goods, etc. Electricity is
produced by the energy of today. Every facet and aspect of our lives can be controlled
when energy is controlled. There is no other product on the face of the earth that can so
control the American people—and all the people of the world. Whoever controls the
energy ... controls us!
The fact is, if energy can be controlled, you can be controlled. It could not be done by
money, for methods of bartering could be developed by the people. If your energy is
controlled, however, then "Big Brother" can control how you live in your home; when
you go and where you go; the products you buy; the style of life that you will live; even
the level of life at which you will live. They can control your state of life and your every
movement.

Offline sayNOtoNWO

World not running out of oil, say experts
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 01:16:11 PM »
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/january2008/190108oil.htm

Response to article debunking Peak Oil -  Cambridge Energy Research Associates (Cera), the think tank who authored the study disputing Peak Oil, was purchased in 2004 by IHS, a company that provides "oil and gas information, analysis and software".

Similarly, the commentary by BP's chief economic analyst, seems suspect to me.  The oil & gas industry has great incentive to not arouse public concern about the reality of Peak Oil.

I'm not saying one way or the other whether there's veracity to PO, I'm just saying that any time any research group releases findings, it is essential that we check who funds these research groups, in order to achieve a better understanding of how we might interpret their findings.

cover fire hero

Re: World not running out of oil, say experts
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 02:26:12 PM »
I found this on Digg,

Enough Oil to last us 200 years in Alaska watch! http://digg.com/politics/Enough_Oil_to_last_us_200_years_in_Alaska

Description:
Lindsey Williams, who has been an ordained Baptist minister for 28 years, went to Alaska in 1971 as a missionary. The Transalaska oil pipeline began its construction phase in 1974, and because of Mr. Williams' love for his country and concern for the spiritual welfare of the "pipeliners," he volunteered to serve as Chaplain on the pipeline, with the subsequent full support of the Alyeska Pipeline Company. Because of the executive status accorded to him as Chaplain, he was given access to information documented in his eye opening book, The Energy Non-Crisis.
After numerous public speaking engagements in the western states, certain government officials and concerned individuals urged Mr. Williams to put into print what he saw and heard, stating that they felt this information was vital to national security. Mr. Williams firmly believes that whoever controls energy controls the economy. Thus, The Energy Non-Crisis.

Judge for yourself.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Re: World not running out of oil, say experts
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 09:22:52 AM »
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/january2008/190108oil.htm

Response to article debunking Peak Oil -  Cambridge Energy Research Associates (Cera), the think tank who authored the study disputing Peak Oil, was purchased in 2004 by IHS, a company that provides "oil and gas information, analysis and software".

Similarly, the commentary by BP's chief economic analyst, seems suspect to me.  The oil & gas industry has great incentive to not arouse public concern about the reality of Peak Oil.

I'm not saying one way or the other whether there's veracity to PO, I'm just saying that any time any research group releases findings, it is essential that we check who funds these research groups, in order to achieve a better understanding of how we might interpret their findings.

they have a greater incentive to leak disinfo that there is peak oil.  this gives them the opportunity to rape speculators before they find out peak oil is complete bullshit

Offline Apolitical Blues

• Respect yourself
Re: The abundance of oil made scarce by deception/wars/unfair trade
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 10:29:57 PM »
Insist that the planet has a creamy nougat center that oozes oil if it makes you feel better.  All geological resources are finite.  End of discussion. 
Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline 37

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 11:10:19 PM »
Hubbert came up with his Peak Oil Theory while working for Shell Research Labs in Houston...In 1956.  They have found big deposits since then.  Yes, it is a finite resource, but no one knows how much there is.  The OPEC countries are still expanding their infrastructure and production capability...is that because they know it's going to run out in ten years?  They have plans to increase production through 2030.  It only took us ten years to go to the moon...In less than fifty we went from Kitty Hawk to White Sands.  We need to put our resources towards finding a new energy before oil runs out, but I don't foresee that being a problem.

Peak oil is a false scarcity scam.  It's an excuse to increase prices.  We are nowhere near the end of oil.  If we were they would shut it off to us.  The way things are currently arranged, the gov will have fuel much longer than the people.  Petroleum is in everything...they aren't restricting plastic use in products yet.  Why not?

I agree that it will run out.  That fact alone should be reason enough to put our creative energy as a species into finding the answer to this problem.  That is just common sense.  Big oil uses 'peak oil theory" to increase profits.  Environmentalists have started using it as a scare tactic.  "If oil runs out today, we're screwed."  Which is true, but not very likely.  Fear is the tool of tyranny, when good people use that tactic they only hurt their own cause.  Peak Oil is psychological terrorism.

Channel 37

Offline ButcherBoy

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2008, 04:18:22 AM »
Oil will never go below $85 again. In 2010 oil will be over $250 a barrel  and gas will be $10 a gallon. Even though reserves are rising which should make oil prices drop the fact they don’t drop in price is because the political tensions are rising. With that you will either buy a hybrid which will still be expensive to operate or ride your bike or take the public transit. There are ways to reduce your fuel cost. http://www.saveautofuel.com

Offline Ghost of Oliver Cromwell

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2008, 04:38:31 AM »
Insist that the planet has a creamy nougat center that oozes oil if it makes you feel better.  All geological resources are finite.  End of discussion.
I suppose that applies to Titan.

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/news/press-release-details.cfm?newsID=814

It is finite in the sense that the amount of rock in the earth's core are finite. There's just alot of it.

Here's one for you. If coal is formed from the remains of ancient plants, why are diamonds formed from coal by massive pressure and heat miles under the earth's surface? Kinda supports that Abiotic oil theory.
For who can endure a doctrine which would allow only dentists to say whether our teeth were aching, only cobblers to say whether our shoes hurt us, and only governments to tell us whether we were being well governed? C.S. Lewis

Offline WeAreChangeNewMexico

• WE ARE CHANGE NEW MEXICO
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2008, 11:16:55 AM »
Oil will never go below $85 again. In 2010 oil will be over $250 a barrel  and gas will be $10 a gallon. Even though reserves are rising which should make oil prices drop the fact they don’t drop in price is because the political tensions are rising. With that you will either buy a hybrid which will still be expensive to operate or ride your bike or take the public transit. There are ways to reduce your fuel cost. http://www.saveautofuel.com

I sit and watch Crude Charts all day. Crude is rising because our dollar is getting weaker and Inflation is running rampant, not to mention the Fed cutting rates.
Unlike Norad, We Refuse To Stand Down

Offline tehowe

• Splitters, splitters!
    • Aleatoric
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 11:27:22 AM »
It's getting a little ridiculous.

Esso pumps running on empty in Western Canada

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2008/03/06/esso-shortage.html?ref=rss

Gordon Wong, spokesman for Calgary-based Imperial Oil, said technical problems in the fuel processing unit of its refinery in Strathcona County, east of Edmonton, has led to the plant running at reduced rates.

He confirmed the cut in production could be felt at Esso retail outlets in Western Canada, from British Columbia to Manitoba.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

Offline kiwidisenter

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2008, 05:22:55 PM »
This peak oil thing is doing my head in. So we all will admit thats oil is not infinite. But Peak oil is supposably a scam? Allright so i understand the artificial scarcity to make killer profits bit, but i don't think that argument justifies denial of peak oil.

The phrase "peak oil scam" does not sit well with me.

Its like saying "the global warming scam" when global warming is real, although i do believe the elite will use this, to tax the shit out of us in a way that will not help global warming in the slightest, it would be ridiculous to say it is not happening when there is so much evidence pointing to global warming.

It will be impossible to live the lives we live without petrol. at least while technology is still suppressed. I think the fear of people losing there extremely good lifestyles is the main reason for this denial. which is fair enough i would like to use my doublethink powers to not beleive in it either but sorry i cannot.

THE PEOPLE! UNITED! WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

monkeyboy

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2008, 05:32:54 PM »
One thing I've noticed about Peak Oil, whether it's real or not, is that the things they were saying 3-4 years ago are now coming to pass. Whether that's due to a peak in oil production or an artificial manipulation of the global oil market, I have no idea.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated

Offline alpha82301

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 09:56:57 PM »
their shutting in wells in Wyoming because their is no place to send the oil and gas
lets start the new revolution ! power from God and the Constitution to all free men and women! God made man to be free .man made men into slaves

Offline chris jones

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2008, 08:47:07 AM »

There are more oil reseveres at present than in any time in the history of oil drilling.

They have a glabal monopoly, sucking oil or sucking blood money.

There exists patents to all but eliminate oil usage, they are bought by the oil barons, or the inventors bite the dust.

If we had a gov. for the people, this would have been exposed 50 years ago.

The patents bureau in wahsing DC is well aware of this, so our our learned scientists and engineers.

Offline Dazbobaby

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 06:58:57 AM »
I had a friend who worked as a Geologist for BP, he worked mainly in the North Sea, but he'd also travel around a fair bit looking for new deposits.
The most important thing he told me is that there are oil deposits that are untapped but very well documented, these oil fields are also bigger than have ever been found before and that oil WILL NOT run out for several hundred years, even accounting for the increase in demand.
Peak oil is a lie, we are a long way from reaching the tipping point.

Slightly OT but...
Now for the life in me I can't remember his name, but he featured in a documentary on UK's Channel 4, he'd converted a car to run on Hydrogen by splitting the hydrogen and oxygen in water. His "splitter" was also incrediblely efficient and used almost no power to do this.
What was his name?

Found it: Stanley Myer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Meyer%27s_water_fuel_cell
It's very much a topic which is bashing him and his idea, and seeing as he died in 1998 he can hardly defend himself. But one thing that sticks out is that the US Military were very interested in his idea. Also not mention on wikipedia is that he was offered $2billion to sell the patent. He was also under the FBI's protection.

Damascus

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 10:01:07 AM »
You know the sun has a finite amount of fuel and will run out some time in the future.  :o Well then we are are really screwed, We should all be screaming about Peak sunlight::) Whatchya gona do when there ain't no sun stupid! ;D It is all just a mater of manipulating perception of supply and demand, if the supply is greatly underestimated(as well as replenishment) then the use rate will look like we are going to run out tomorrow. So they(NWO) can the raise prices to starve out people they do not like(US). They have been doing this for over 50 years now.

Damascus

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2010, 10:09:07 AM »
P.S. why dose the debate have to be about coal/oil vs. solar/wind vs. nuclear? Why can't we have all of them? It should be about providing supply that we need. We spend so much time infighting about which energy source is better all the while the banks are robbing us blind.

Offline Dazbobaby

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010, 12:27:04 PM »
P.S. why dose the debate have to be about coal/oil vs. solar/wind vs. nuclear? Why can't we have all of them? It should be about providing supply that we need. We spend so much time infighting about which energy source is better all the while the banks are robbing us blind.

We dont need all of them.
Wind farms work, domestic wind power works (if you can get planning permission in the UK), solar cells and solar panels work.
A 200 square mile farm of solar cells in Africa could collect enough energy to power the entire planet.
We need oil for textiles only, we could power virtually everything locally and use the energy from the solar farm to boost a nations green energy.

Hell we dont even have to go that far, have small local windfarms, 2x turbines bolted to your house, some solar cells on the roof. Then have hot countries create small solar farms, Greece, Spain, Portugal etc could supply massive amounts of electricity to Europe. Imagine that, those 3 countries are struggling with the Euro and how much would this help them?#

The point of electricity now is that it's like a drug, and we are all addicted to it, now the companies/government knows we'll pay anything to get it.

Damascus

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2010, 01:40:23 PM »
See what I mean?

Offline aLLyOuRbAsE

• Free Man
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2010, 08:49:15 PM »
You know the sun has a finite amount of fuel and will run out some time in the future.  :o Well then we are are really screwed, We should all be screaming about Peak sunlight::) Whatchya gona do when there ain't no sun stupid! ;D It is all just a mater of manipulating perception of supply and demand, if the supply is greatly underestimated(as well as replenishment) then the use rate will look like we are going to run out tomorrow. So they(NWO) can the raise prices to starve out people they do not like(US). They have been doing this for over 50 years now.

unless one is talking about zero energy, or "energy from nothing", then any energy used externally by us, will be powered by taking energy from something else, thus will be finite. in this context, efficiency is key.

personally, i believe we already have the knowledge of such things as perpetual motion, and "free" energy, however they are suppressed by the powers that be.

and in light of that fact, i am in favour of such suggestions as Dazbobaby puts forward, at least in the matter of making steps towards a more efficient and cleaner solution to our energy problems.

i would rather take "peak sunshine" over "peak oil", especially as sunshine doesnt pollute when harnessed, and has a significantly longer "lifespan" than oil.
Peace and Love.

If I don't, who will?

Offline Dazbobaby

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2010, 05:28:22 AM »
unless one is talking about zero energy, or "energy from nothing", then any energy used externally by us, will be powered by taking energy from something else, thus will be finite. in this context, efficiency is key.

personally, i believe we already have the knowledge of such things as perpetual motion, and "free" energy, however they are suppressed by the powers that be.

and in light of that fact, i am in favour of such suggestions as Dazbobaby puts forward, at least in the matter of making steps towards a more efficient and cleaner solution to our energy problems.

i would rather take "peak sunshine" over "peak oil", especially as sunshine doesnt pollute when harnessed, and has a significantly longer "lifespan" than oil.

In my responce earlier about Stanley Meyer, the show that I was talking about was Equinox, and it featured Zero Point energy and how several people claim to have discovered solutions by accident. One of which was the car, another was a "Steam Hammer" that heater water up by using  a piston to compress water. It was no ordinary piston of course, but it worked and was even installed in a firestation in a USA town.
If anyone wants to view the programme it is available! Can I post torrent links to it? If not, TPB, search: equinox water
It was a fascinating look at how some devices can create more energy than they use.

Offline 37

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2010, 09:16:34 AM »
It wouldn't be impossible to design homes that generate their own electricity and water.

But, then there would be no way to control the people who live in those houses.

Channel 37