9/11 Responders Must Submit to FBI Terror List Screening Under New Bill

Author Topic: 9/11 Responders Must Submit to FBI Terror List Screening Under New Bill  (Read 15438 times)

Offline shure

• Pumpitout
9/11 Responders To Be Warned They Will Be Screened By FBI's Terrorism Watch List
First Posted: 04/21/11 04:24 PM ET Updated: 04/21/11 05:22 PM ET
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/21/911-responders-screened-for-terror-ties_n_852198.html?ref=fb&src=sp

WASHINGTON -- A provision in the new 9/11 health bill may be adding insult to injury for people who fell sick after their service in the aftermath of the 2001 Al Qaeda attacks, The Huffington Post has learned.

The tens of thousands of cops, firefighters, construction workers and others who survived the worst terrorist assault in U.S. history and risked their lives in its wake will soon be informed that their names must be run through the FBI’s terrorism watch list, according to a letter obtained by HuffPost.

Any of the responders who are not compared to the database of suspected terrorists would be barred from getting treatment for the numerous, worsening ailments that the James Zadroga 9/11 Health And Compensation Law was passed to address.

It’s a requirement that was tacked onto the law during the bitter debates over it last year.

The letter from Dr. John Howard, director of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, informs medical providers and administrators that they should begin letting patients know before the new program kicks in this July.

“This is absurd,” said Glen Kline, a former NYPD emergency services officer. “It’s silly. It’s stupid. It’s asinine.”

“It’s comical at best, and I think it’s an insult to everyone who worked on The Pile and is sick and suffering from 9/11,” said John Feal, a former construction worker who lost half a foot at Ground Zero and runs the advocacy group Fealgood Foundation.

The provision was added in an amendment by Rep. Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) during the heated debate over the bill in the House Energy and Commerce Committee last May.

Sept. 11 responders in the committee room at the time mostly shook their heads at the move, which Democrats accepted on a voice vote after battling to bar other amendments on abortion and immigration that might have killed the bill.

But suddenly the point is no longer just a strategic concession to get a law passed.

As doctors and administrators begin acting on the federal instructions, participants in the 9/11 treatment and monitoring programs will soon be told that their names, places of birth, addresses, government ID numbers and other personal data will be provided to the FBI to ensure they are not terrorists.

Howard's instructions include a sample letter to responders designed to minimize alarm.

“Although neither we nor [the Centers for Disease Control]/NIOSH anticipate the name of any individual in the current Programs will be on the list, CDC/NIOSH is expressly required by law to implement this particular requirement of the Act,” it says.

“Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to working with you and ensuring that you continue to receive uninterrupted services under the new WTC Health Program,” it concludes.

Feal, who counts hundreds and first responders in his foundation's membership, predicted the letters would not go over well.

“When cops and firefighters get this at home, they’re going to hit the roof,” he said.

Kline, who sits on the Fealgood Foundation’s board, said he personally wasn’t offended, but couldn’t think of a good reason for cops and firefighters to be screened by the FBI in order to keep getting treatment.

“I mean, who are we even talking about -- the undocumented workers who cleaned the office buildings?” wondered Kline Thursday. “We know who all the cops, firefighters and construction workers were. They’re all documented.

“Is the idea that a terrorist stayed to help clean up? And then stayed all these years to try and get benefits?” he asked. “In all the things I’ve seen out of Washington, this probably takes the cake.”

Some are more understanding.

“Do we want terrorists getting money? No,” said Anthony Flammia, a former NYPD Highway Patrol officer and Sept. 11 responder. “How do you know if there were any terrorists there? Where they there as observers, watching? Probably.”

But he noted that his perspective likely would not be shared, especially if people whose names are similar to actual terror suspects get flagged, as happens with air travelers.

“I’ve got nothing to hide, so it’s no big deal for me, but there’s got to be safeguards in place to protect the people who are innocent,” Flammia said. “It’s going to be controversial,” he added. “It’s probably going to create an uproar, but I think it will dissipate. I hope they're ready to answer people's questions.”

Congressman Stearns said in a statement that his intent was to answer exactly the questions raised by Flammia.

“This amendment was adopted in the full Energy and Commerce Committee without opposition and it merely requires that the names of those receiving health benefits be cross-checked with the terrorist watch list to ensure that no terrorists get these benefits,” Stearns said.

“These benefits are not just for our first responders; nearly anyone who was in the vicinity or worked on a cleanup crew afterward is eligible,” he noted.

The prohibition is included in two parts of the bill. One specifically covers responders, while the other deals with all survivors, including office workers, bystanders and residents.

Feal acknowledged that the terrorist screening has to be done because it is the law, and that the letters have to go out.

But he holds Stearns responsible, as well as several other Republicans who were hostile to the 9/11 bill, and tried to tack all manner of amendments onto it.

“I think Congressman Stearns is stabbing at pettiness. He’s a buffoon,” Feal said. “We get sicker and die, and they’re going to disseminate a letter wondering whether we’re terrorists or not. ... I think everybody needs to start showing a little more compassion.”

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
I cannot even believe this shit. Nearly 10 years and the temporary infringements on liberty to give us security has provided total destruction of security and endless escalations in destroying all liberty.

ARREST THE REAL TRILATERAL TERRORISTS ALREADY! WTF?
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Valerius

When is that "got nothing to hide" canard going to be applied to government officials?
"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
This is the mentality of medicine and insurance these days. They look for ways to not provide coverage. They want everybody to pay them a premium, but do everything they can to not pay for services the patient needs.

If they are requiring this as part of what happened on 9/11, then wouldn't that make it a part of the case? Couldn't one ask why they didn't investigate the first responders within a year or two of the crime? Now 10 years later and they just now want to run everybodies names to see if they can catch some terrorists? What clown thought this up?

The question needs to be asked is the 9/11 case still open? Are they still officially investigating what happened? If so, then somebody needs to be questioned why are these people just now being investigated as possible terroists.

They at least need to first explain what the legal reason is for such a braindead move. Why was this put in the bill in the first place? What did they hope to actually accomplish, catch a rogue responder? Maybe snag a "radicalized domestic terrorist"?  ::)
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
1 Timothy 6:10 (KJB)

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
I would take anything coming out of Huffington Post with a grain of salt, until you have vetted it for yourself. They were bought by AOL recently.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/07/aol-huffington-post_n_819375.html

Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

The Great Deception - Forum/Library - My Research
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showforum=110

wvoutlaw2002

I would take anything coming out of Huffington Post with a grain of salt, until you have vetted it for yourself.

Some of the big boyz now own it. I forget who they were bought by, but they were.

They were bought by AOL.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
They were bought by AOL.

Right! Now who runs AOL?

Offline shure

• Pumpitout
Get ready responders you are now going to get letters in the mail, basically asking you if your terrorists. They sensitivity by our friends in congress gets better all the time. Rep Sterns, sir with all due respect, this is very uncool. And I do not apologize for calling names in this story.
John Feal (9/11 First Responder)
http://www.fealgoodfoundation.com/

"Yesterday we lost another great man and 9/11 responder Jevon Thomas to 9/11 related cancer. Rest in peace my friend.
Today we find out that cops, firefighters, construction workers and others who worked at GZ will be screened with a terrorist watch list. What a crock of buffoonery. I mean , holy shit!!!"
Glen Kline NYPD (9/11 First Responder)

"Im First-resonder firefighter 27 years This Is Not Right What Us. Gov Doing To Us All Yes Am pissed Off We Went To Hell and Back To Fight For The Sick And Dieing Guys Sick With cancers All Politicians Want Is Our Votes In Fall And Give Us Notting In Return For It Just Piss On Us All Hoping We All dieThis Is Very Unfair To All Die With Cancers John Glenn richard Charles Went Back And Fourth To Dc For All Theses Years To Help All Of Us This Is One More Crap On Us All Again But We All will stand Tall Like And Army This Time."
Bert Emery FDNY (9/11 First Responder)

"I'm a member of the FDNY and I'm pissed off so there you go you all heard it from me. I'm pissed that the gov. can just do whatever they want to the heros of 9/11. It sickens me."
Harrison Newman

Offline chris jones

9/11 Responders Must Submit to FBI Terror List Screening Under New Bill.
  Just when I figured I had seen it all, along comes another pathetic, hypocrytical assanine, bill.

Offline kidA

That's because some of them might be truthers...

5 o'clock news is a f*#cking fantasy!

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
Re: 9/11 Responders Must Submit to FBI Terror List Screening Under New Bill
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 05:17:44 PM »
Well, the Stearns Amendment is in the final bill that is now law. Looks like this is true:

HR 847: "Zadraga Act" (See pg 17, end of Sec. 3311)
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-111publ347/pdf/PLAW-111publ347.pdf

The Stearns amendment:
http://republicans.energycommerce.house.gov/Media/file/Markups/FullCmte/052610/911Stearns_Terror.pdf

9/11 First Responders Will Be Screened For Terrorism:
http://911truthnews.com/911-first-responders-will-be-screened-for-terrorism/

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 05:31:36 PM »
So, these stupid Congressmen are now calling our 911 Responders TERRORISTS? Have these people lost their frigging minds? This is the ultimate in insanity and blasphemy! FIRE STEARNS and all who agreed to this nonsense!

THE VOTE: (Stearns Abstained?and many more. Omg!)
http://www.opencongress.org/vote/2010/h/664
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2010/roll664.xml

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 07:04:09 PM »
It's possible that there were all the absentions on the final vote due to this being yet another "PAY AS YOU GO" unfunded bill that was passed. UNREAL!

It states this at the end of the Summary under the bill in THOMAS - HR 847 Summary - 111th Congress (last year)

http://thomas.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d111:1:./temp/~bd0L5h:@@@D&summ2=m&|/home/LegislativeData.php?n=BSS;c=111|

Title IV: Budgetary Effects - (Sec. 401) Provides for compliance of the budgetary effects of this Act with the Statutory Pay-As-You-Go Act of 2010.

Offline lee51

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 07:57:04 PM »

Amazon, I agree with you.  This does NOT make sense at all. The first time I read through it, it was like... WHAT?

The only way this bill makes sense to me
is by looking at some possible motives
for passing it in the first place.

It sets a precedent.
But for what ?

Anyone applying for healthcare in the future
will have to be screened for political dissidence ?
Or being  matched up
against psychological profiles
that MAY FIT potential dissidents ?

Or having outstanding warrants ?
Or failure to pay financial debts ?
Or being a useless eater and targeted for organ harvesting or experimentation ?

The official explanation for this DOES NOT MAKE SENSE, IMHO.

So it may very well be designed to further lock down
the movement of the American people,
and increase fear .

Remember the High School assistant principal
always threatening that some actions on the students' part
might be entered in our "permanent records" ?

I sense the same psychological threatening underpinning this bill.

>:(

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 08:36:19 PM »
GOP: U.S. can't afford to fund health 'entitlement program' for 9/11 rescue workers
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2010/05/25/2010-05-25_gop_us_cant_afford_to_fund_entitlement_program_for_911_rescue_workers.html

This is why the Repub rebelled on this vote.

charrington

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 03:32:16 AM »
The Real Meaning Behind the FBI Screening 9/11 Responders Against the Terror Watch List

The Huffington Post reports,

"The tens of thousands of cops, firefighters, construction workers and others who survived the worst terrorist assault in U.S. history and risked their lives in its wake will soon be informed that their names must be run through the FBI’s terrorism watch list, according to a letter obtained by HuffPost.

Any of the responders who are not compared to the database of suspected terrorists would be barred from getting treatment for the numerous, worsening ailments that the James Zadroga 9/11 Health And Compensation Law was passed to address."

The idea that these workers are terrorists is laughable, so why would this screening be required to determine whether or not they should receive benefits for the health conditions they acquired while working the pile?

It is easy, the simple fact is many of the 9/11 Responders and Family members of victims of the terrorist attacks have been a constant thorn in the side of both the Bush administration and the Obama Administration. Many of these folks are responsible for the 9/11 Commission itself, Rallies, Fundraisers, T.V. Ads and Protests that have enlightened millions to the overwhelming evidence that 9/11 is an ongoing cover up.

There can be no doubt that checking names of 9/11 First Responders against the FBI Terrorist Watchlist is to help determine whether the firefighter or police officer in question has been a active dissident against the Government's Official 9/11 Story.

This will be used to chill any type of movement within the First Responders seeking the Truth about the attacks of 9/11. To do so means to lose their benefits which are badly needed considering this bill is literally 10 years late and many First Responders have already died as result.

This is the biggest insult imaginable and can't be allowed to happen, the rights and health of the First Responders must be preserved at all costs. The Huffington Post article notes that this provision is there to assure no terrorists get money who were there watching.

“Do we want terrorists getting money? No,” said Anthony Flammia, a former NYPD Highway Patrol officer and Sept. 11 responder. “How do you know if there were any terrorists there? Were they there as observers, watching? Probably.”

But he noted that his perspective likely would not be shared, especially if people whose names are similar to actual terror suspects get flagged, as happens with air travelers.

“I’ve got nothing to hide, so it’s no big deal for me, but there’s got to be safeguards in place to protect the people who are innocent,” Flammia said. “It’s going to be controversial,” he added. “It’s probably going to create an uproar, but I think it will dissipate. I hope they're ready to answer people's questions.

Congressman Stearns said in a statement that his intent was to answer exactly the questions raised by Flammia.

“This amendment was adopted in the full Energy and Commerce Committee without opposition and it merely requires that the names of those receiving health benefits be cross-checked with the terrorist watch list to ensure that no terrorists get these benefits,” Stearns said.

“These benefits are not just for our first responders; nearly anyone who was in the vicinity or worked on a cleanup crew afterward is eligible,” he noted.”

There were many shady, criminal things about 9/11 that the First Responders were witness to. There can be no doubt that terrorists were watching, in fact these so called terrorists turned out to be foreign intelligence assets documenting the event as in the case of the "Dancing Israelis".

MORE
http://truthalliance.net/Archive/News/tabid/67/ID/7481/The-Real-Meaning-Behind-the-FBI-Screening-911-Responders-Against-the-Terror-Watch-List.aspx

Offline shure

• Pumpitout
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 05:23:19 PM »
John Feal interview on CNN concerning the Terror watch list situation and 9/11 First Responders:
April 22, 2011

Starting in July, those seeking claims for 9/11 related illness will have their name checked against a terror watch list.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2011/04/22/tsr.snow.911.terrorist.check.cnn.html

Offline shure

• Pumpitout
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 02:25:19 PM »
Insult to Injury for 9/11 Responders
First responders to be screened by FBI before getting treatment
Apr 23, 2011

FOX News link -

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4659450/insult-to-injury-for-911-responders/?playlist_id=87485

Offline Catalina

• Government Censorship, Protecting You From Reality
9/11 First Responders Now Considered Possible Terrorists, WOW!
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 11:26:05 PM »
Who's next?

The heroes who risked their lives on 9/11 and have subsequently been denied health care, will now be considered possible terrorists under a provision in the 9/11 first responders health care bill.

Not only are 6 year old girls considered possible terror suspects, the very people who risked their lives after a supposed terrorist attack will now have to be tested through the FBI as possible terrorists themselves.

“A provision in the new 9/11 health bill may be adding insult to injury for people who fell sick after their service in the aftermath of the 2001 Al Qaeda attacks,” reported The Huffington Post.

This ridiculous provision was added to the 9/11 first responders health care bill in a last minute move by Rep. Cliff Stearns of Florida and can be read in full here. http://republicans.energycommerce.house.gov/Media/file/Markups/FullCmte/052610/911Stearns_Terror.pdf

“(5)DISQUALIFICATION OF INDIVIDUALS ON TERRORIST WATCH LIST

“No individual who is on the terrorist watch list maintained by the Department of homeland Security shall qualify as an eligible WTC responder. Before enrolling any individual as a WTC responder in the WTC program under paragraph (3), the Administrator, in consultation with the Secretary of Homeland Security, shall determine whether the individual is on such list.”

http://theintelhub.com/2011/04/21/911-first-responders-now-considered-possible-terrorists/
Spare no cost for truth's sake, neither depart from it for any gain. -Proverbs 23:23

Bestow not the gifts that God has given you to get worldly riches. -Proverbs 23:4