Cornel West: Obama is ‘another black mascot’ of ‘Wall Street oligarchs’

Author Topic: Cornel West: Obama is ‘another black mascot’ of ‘Wall Street oligarchs’  (Read 11343 times)

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
How the hell are they gonna spin this one?

Cornel West: Obama is ‘another black mascot’ of ‘Wall Street oligarchs’
http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/04/cornel-west-obama-is-another-black-mascot-of-wall-street-oligarchs/
Posted on 04.11.11 By Stephen C. Webster

Princeton professor and famed black intellectual Cornel West has long been a supporter of President Barack Obama, but he’s recently changed his tune.  In an interview last week, he suggested that Obama has sold out and become “a puppet” of powerful interests, merely promising change and not delivering. West warned that this would trust the U.S. into a “democratic awakening” the likes of which the nation had not seen in decades. Appearing on an MSNBC panel recently, West remained outspoken.  Amid a very heated discussion of whether President Obama is doing enough for black people in America, he called the president “another black mascot” of “Wall Street oligarchs.” This made civil rights activist Al Sharpton extremely unhappy and the discussion essentially disintegrated from there.  This video is from MSNBC, broadcast Sunday, April 10, 2011.

Cornel is kicking ass and taking names. Finally people are seeing the Obama Deception clear as an unchemtrailed skyline.

And anyone that makes Al Sharpton "extremely unhappy" by exposing his bullshit is a friend of the American comon folk!
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Protean

Let it ring from sea to shining sea---

Obama is ‘another black mascot’ of ‘Wall Street oligarchs’

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
Does this mean Bill Maher won't be inviting Mr. West onto his show anymore?

Will Chris Matthews and his fellow Obama whores at MSNBC start calling him "racist"?
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline larsonstdoc

Strongest statement I've seen here about Soetoro and it didn't even come from one of the members.

All the black influential people are leaving the Prez----Oprah and now this guy.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated

Strongest statement I've seen here about Soetoro and it didn't even come from one of the members.

All the black influential people are leaving the Prez----Oprah and now this guy.

Cynthia McKinney knew it from day 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eQN_3rn9CY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CoRETXS4hA
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Malcolm X over 40 years ago:

We don't support any black man who is controlled by the white power structure. We will start not only a voter registration drive, but a voter education drive to let our people have an understanding of the science of politics so they will be able to see what part the politician plays in the scheme of things; so they will be able to understand when the politician is doing his job and when he is not doing his job. And any time the politician is not doing his job, we remove him whether he's white, black, green, blue, yellow or whatever other color they might invent.

Speaking truth to power every second of his life!

Offline hal 9000

I am a big admirer of Malcolm X. He would have called Obama out as the corporate Wall Street lackey he so truly is right from the get go. And I'm glad that West, Oprah Winfrey and Farrakhan are now starting to see the light also. Obama is as phony as a three dollar bill.

Online Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE

"black and yellow, black and yellow, black and yellow ..."   :)

I don't know what that means, just seems to fit the clip!

Dig was right about Cornell West I do believe ...
he is honestly speaking for a huge section of
blacks (and other dems) who are finally seeing
the light ... Soetoro has no clothes.

St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline chris jones

I am a big admirer of Malcolm X. He would have called Obama out as the corporate Wall Street lackey he so truly is right from the get go. And I'm glad that West, Oprah Winfrey and Farrakhan are now starting to see the light also. Obama is as phony as a three dollar bill.
  Malcom x is not the guy the regime and MSM presented to the public. Ya, I agree.
   The elite masters fed Obama to the people hook line and sinker. The race card being one of their a angles.

Offline hal 9000

Malcolm X to all the black people who vote for democrats who couldn't care less about them - "You're a chump!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BYVv4LY_KQ&feature=related

This also goes for all the whites who vote for either of the two major political parties when neither of them could care less about their well being or that of our republic. When will people wake up already?

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Malcolm X to all the black people who vote for democrats who couldn't care less about them - "You're a chump!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BYVv4LY_KQ&feature=related

This also goes for all the whites who vote for either of the two major political parties when neither of them could care less about their well being or that of our republic. When will people wake up already?

In the movie "The War We Don't See" by Jonathon Pilger, Cynthia McKinney says [I am paraphrasing] "Obama represents the end of the innocence for African Americans, we no longer can claim to not be a part of this corrupt system".  Sounds to me like Cornel West is bringing back that innocence to a nation of people who have been fighting for civil rights for all Americans for hundreds of years.

Good for him and he makes me proud to be an American.

Offline Catalina

• Government Censorship, Protecting You From Reality
Well Mr West, it's about TIME

Obama is ‘another black mascot’ of ‘Wall Street oligarchs’
Spare no cost for truth's sake, neither depart from it for any gain. -Proverbs 23:23

Bestow not the gifts that God has given you to get worldly riches. -Proverbs 23:4

Offline larsonstdoc

So will Jesse J. Turn on him?
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated

So will Jesse J. Turn on him?

Jesse ain't Cornell, and he already threatened to cut his balls off.

Offline larsonstdoc

Whose balls off?

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated

Offline larsonstdoc

Offline hal 9000

Jackson and Sharpton are fake leftist traitors of black Americans. Jackson is a member of the Boule Society and may have helped set Martin Luther King up in 1968. Google - Steven Cokely Boule Society.

Offline larsonstdoc

Jackson and Sharpton are fake leftist traitors of black Americans. Jackson is a member of the Boule Society and may have helped set Martin Luther King up in 1968. Google - Steven Cokely Boule Society.

QFT

Offline 2Revolutions

• For we wrestle not with flesh and blood
Cornell is saying what most awake blacks told their families about Obama before he elected and were villianized.

I wonder if the ladies on the View will have him on their show.   ::)
Those who wish to remain ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, want what never was and what never will be.  - Thomas Jefferson